Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

New England: ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

On 10/17/2020 at 9:59 AM, Lacassem said:

I was never an investigator of shafts. Well it’s a slippery slope and now I’m enveloped in it 😂 lots out there. Have you been fitted?

Be careful! Don't slip and fall. Ha!

Yes, "a lot out there," that's true. Even fitters can't stock everything, and then, conditions of play vary, a golfer's changing skill set (hopefully ever trending toward improvement) adds to the mix. So, finding that "special something" that works with one set of variables may not work so well with the next. I was fitted, but my game is changing, so I'm having a bit of fun playing with all the stuff.

On 10/17/2020 at 1:50 PM, ejgaudette said:

Just be careful of swing weight when cutting down the driver length. Might need to some lead tape added to the head to keep it similar. Good luck on finding a new shaft.

Well, it's cut, and I blew a grip onto it. It's now at a C-8. I haven't played it yet, but that is definitely light, for sure, given that I built my irons out to D-4s. This Titleist head has a varying, interchangeable weight system with neutral, draw/fade options throughout it, so I may drop a heavier weight into it to balance it. I'll give it a go and feel it out. Thanks!!

4 minutes ago, O.T.B. said:

Well, it's cut, and I blew a grip onto it. It's now at a C-8. I haven't played it yet, but that is definitely light, for sure, given that I built my irons out to D-4s. This Titleist head has a varying, interchangeable weight system with neutral, draw/fade options throughout it, so I may drop a heavier weight into it to balance it. I'll give it a go and feel it out. Thanks!!

That's a great option if you would like not have to stick the head full of lead tape, 2 grams in the head will move the swing weight up 1 point. Good luck.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

• 5 weeks later...

PSA to all the MA members.... A PGA Tour Superstore will be opening in Natick this winter.  They're having a hiring event this week so maybe not too much longer?  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I wish they'd get one down in Seekonk to replace the Golfsmith that closed there years ago. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Just now, russtopherb said:

I wish they'd get one down in Seekonk to replace the Golfsmith that closed there years ago. 

I was really hoping they would go into where Golfsmith was in Bellingham (maybe 7 minutes from my house) or where the Toys'R'Us was.  But it's still a lot closer than going to Peabody or Braintree.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

10 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I was really hoping they would go into where Golfsmith was in Bellingham (maybe 7 minutes from my house) or where the Toys'R'Us was.  But it's still a lot closer than going to Peabody or Braintree.

Meanwhile in NH,Pro Shop

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

PSA to all the MA members.... A PGA Tour Superstore will be opening in Natick this winter.  They're having a hiring event this week so maybe not too much longer?  

Are they hiring a building manager 🤪

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Pretty excited about this. It gives those of us in wmass another option its a bit of a hike but hopefully will be worth it.

Not sure what the typical footprint is for PGASS but at least the one in Sarasota is much bigger than the GG stores I frequent.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

37 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Not sure what the typical footprint is for PGASS but at least the one in Sarasota is much bigger than the GG stores I frequent.

They have been buying up old toys r us spots around here. Footprint overall is similar to golfsmith were. 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

This one looks like its an old Michaels store https://www.natickreport.com/2020/10/natick-swapping-crafts-for-clubs-pga-golf-superstore-replacing-michaels/ wife used to like dropping me off and picking me up at Logan express to go shopping around here... 

On 2/22/2020 at 10:33 AM, Lacassem said:

4E2ABF3F-FCE9-49D6-A1D0-2D395EDEF533.jpeg

A7956F2F-BBA3-409F-AC3C-7F72E5E05AB9.jpeg

D7FE05D2-B2C0-44D4-ACDD-1F1337092962.jpeg

44E8202C-4EA6-4ADD-A7F1-25F0EAE27C95.jpeg

2C0EC902-AF5A-4E31-B9CC-0B31D5428EBF.jpeg

6279841F-1F46-485E-A1F5-5019D5431804.png

NCCC on the second pic, Sunday river on the last one?

Hate yourself, not the game...

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:srixon-small: ZX 3 wood                          :vokey-small: SW & GW Black

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    Many years but got serious about 10 years ago. I don't have a "normal" score.  Play at a 14 most of the time and somehow have a 10 cap.

2. What do you love about golf?
    Challenge and the process. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    Needed to find other addicts to talk to over the winter. Know of, but don't know them.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
    White mountains of NH. Play North Conway CC.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    Generally little or no wind and the summers are killer. Cold af and snow on the ground too long. 6 months out of the game stinks.

6. What do you do for a living?
    In the health department.

7. How’d you pick your user name?
    One of my buddies says "Right down the muckin fiddle" when you hit center fairway so I stole it.

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

1 hour ago, Muckinfiddle said:
    Many years but got serious about 10 years ago. I don't have a "normal" score.  Play at a 14 most of the time and somehow have a 10 cap.

Needed to find other addicts to talk to over the winter. Know of, but don't know them.

Generally little or no wind and the summers are killer. Cold af and snow on the ground too long. 6 months out of the game stinks.

One of my buddies says "Right down the muckin fiddle" when you hit center fairway so I stole it.

Welcome! Nice user name. Yes NCCC for the first. Love the course and views and is one of the courses I think we’ll always play as we have our annual trip. The other is owls nest.

will have to try to link up if you’re around when we go back up!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

44 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Welcome! Nice user name. Yes NCCC for the first. Love the course and views and is one of the courses I think we’ll always play as we have our annual trip. The other is owls nest.

will have to try to link up if you’re around when we go back up!

It's been a minute since I have played Owl's nest. Almost thought it was hole #1 at Winnipesaukee at first.

Just let me know when you get up here, I'm at the club at least 4 days a week... 

In my Vessel bag:

On 11/25/2020 at 11:27 AM, Muckinfiddle said:

Welcome to the forums. Also from northern NH, not too far from owls nest actually. NCCC is another great course up there. 

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing for 27 years.....damn I’m getting old(38). I am a +1, I played a little in college but took it more seriously in my late 20s. Still love to play when I can get out....have 2 kids under 6. 

Love everything about golf!!! Love the personal growth related to all the challenges and perseverance to get to the next level of the game. Love being in nature with good friends and even by myself. LOVE classic architecture and traveling around the world to play great courses. It such a great global game that builds character!!

I have read reviews here forever and I don’t know why I just signed up. I love unbiased reviews so I’m a big fan of what you guys do. 

I live in Narragansett RI and my home course is Fenner Hill  it’s a great track that rewards good second shots and good putting  

I love golf everywhere.....so all is good lots of beautiful courses that are affordable....the area needs more junior golf programs but I hope to donate some time in the future to help setup a foundation for that (longterm goals) also need a few more regional tourney things instead of just state or single course tourneys 

I am a Physical Therapist and own a consulting company in bio tech  

it’s my email! 

8 minutes ago, Michaelcal said:

Been playing for 27 years.....damn I’m getting old(38). I am a +1, I played a little in college but took it more seriously in my late 20s. Still love to play when I can get out....have 2 kids under 6. 

Love everything about golf!!! Love the personal growth related to all the challenges and perseverance to get to the next level of the game. Love being in nature with good friends and even by myself. LOVE classic architecture and traveling around the world to play great courses. It such a great global game that builds character!!

I have read reviews here forever and I don’t know why I just signed up. I love unbiased reviews so I’m a big fan of what you guys do. 

I live in Narragansett RI and my home course is Fenner Hill  it’s a great track that rewards good second shots and good putting  

I love golf everywhere.....so all is good lots of beautiful courses that are affordable....the area needs more junior golf programs but I hope to donate some time in the future to help setup a foundation for that (longterm goals) also need a few more regional tourney things instead of just state or single course tourneys 

it’s my email! 

Welcome! I agree the area needs more par 3 courses. I do like that a lot of courses are adopting and bringing in summer camps for kids.

Never played renner will have to try to get down there sometime, doesn’t sound like it wil benefit me with rewarding 2nd shots and putting 😂

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 hour ago, Michaelcal said:

Narragansett RI and my home course is Fenner Hill  it’s a great track that rewards good second shots and good putting  

Welcome aboard! There's a number of RI and southern MA members on the board here. I know PGA Jr has a strong presence in the area, my son played for 3 summers before he opted not to play this past summer to concentrate on music & drumming. We'll head down to Windmill Hill in Warren or Swansea Country Club right down the road to play the par 3s there. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? 20 years

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? 16.3 index

3. What do you love about golf? The challenge and sense of accomplishment. Spending time with friends who have the same mutual love for the game.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I follow on IG

5. Do you already know any other Spies? No, looking forward to meeting others 

6. Where are you from? Maine

7. What is your home course? Biddeford Saco CC

8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - the weather during golf season is awesome and we have beautiful courses.  Worst - we have a very short golf season typically 

9. What do you do for a living? Insurance 

10. How’d you pick your user name? It’s just who I am

6 hours ago, Michaelcal said:

it’s my email! 

Great to have you joning us and hope you share your insights. I get the wanting to get out when possible with two little ones, currently have 2 under 4. Gotta enjoy it when possible.

1 hour ago, CPettaway26 said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? 20 years

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? 16.3 index

3. What do you love about golf? The challenge and sense of accomplishment. Spending time with friends who have the same mutual love for the game.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I follow on IG

5. Do you already know any other Spies? No, looking forward to meeting others 

6. Where are you from? Maine

7. What is your home course? Biddeford Saco CC

8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - the weather during golf season is awesome and we have beautiful courses.  Worst - we have a very short golf season typically 

9. What do you do for a living? Insurance 

10. How’d you pick your user name? It’s just who I am

Great to have you joing and look forward to your thoughts on all the things we talk about here. I agree the season can be a bit short, gotta savor it while you can, right.

• 4 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? I started as a driving range pro at the age of 7 or 8 when my dad would take us to the one on Rt 6 in Seekonk MA across from the Speedway to get my brother and I out of our mothers hair. I was 13-14 for my 1st actual round on a course with my brother and have been playing since. Dad never played. And that was about 35-40 years ago. 

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? 11.9 index

3. What do you love about golf? The change of scenery and hanging with like-minded individuals.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Never knew there was a forum until today. Used to just read the articles and admire the pictures. 

5. Do you already know any other Spies? The swallow flies at midnight in the stiff breeze. 

6. Where are you from? SE Ma/RI

7. What is your home course? Green Valley, Portsmouth RI

8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: Can play it almost year round here in tropical southern New England. Worst: It's cold and usually windy. 

9. What do you do for a living? I tell people HOW to do things. Logistics trainer. 

10. How’d you pick your user name? Had it for a while on various forums. Based on the Subaru Impreza.... 

Edited by Imp

Mixed bag... Mizzy irons, Callaway Woods, Vokey Wedges, Odyssey putter

3 minutes ago, Imp said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? I started as a driving range pro at the age of 7 or 8 when my dad would take us to the one on Rt 6 in Seekonk MA across from the Speedway to get my brother and I out of our mothers hair. I was 13-14 for my 1st actual round on a course with my brother and have been playing since. Dad never played. And that was about 35-40 years ago. 

I loved that range. Had great heated bays so I could hit balls all winter long if I wanted. I was bummed when they sold it so FedEx could build a warehouse. 

3 hours ago, Imp said:

3. What do you love about golf? The change of scenery and hanging with like-minded individuals.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Never knew there was a forum until today. Used to just read the articles and admire the pictures. 

5. Do you already know any other Spies? The swallow flies at midnight in the stiff breeze. 

8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: Can play it almost year round here in tropical southern New England. Worst: It's cold and usually windy. 

9. What do you do for a living? I tell people HOW to do things. Logistics trainer. 

10. How’d you pick your user name? Had it for a while on various forums. Based on the Subaru Impreza.... 

Welcome to the forums and glad you found them. Look forward to hearing more from you!

3 hours ago, Imp said:

welcome aboard! We’ll have to get out sometime! I do not get down to RI courses often even though I am right on the border 🤦‍♂️

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

• 1 month later...

OK all you MA/RI golfers - our scholarship scramble is on! 

We'll be holding the event on May 1 at Allendale Country Club in Dartmouth, MA. $110 for golf & dinner, with plenty of prizes and raffle items up for grabs. 

Normally our scholarships are funded by a big concert we put on every March that features all of our high school performing groups, unfortunately COVID has caused that concert to be cancelled two years in a row. We're hoping for a great turnout so we can recognize our deserving seniors this June when they graduate.

Info and signup forms can be found at https://www.facebook.com/events/248090026806130/ 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I started playing in 1996 at the dawn of the Tiger era.  Tiger was a big reason I started playing golf.  I haven't kept a USGA handicap in a long time.  My unofficial handicap is 10.2.  

2. What do you love about golf?  I have moved a lot and usually go out to the course as a single.  I love that golf gives me the opportunity to meet new people all the time.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I was listening to a podcast that mentioned MyGolfSpy product reviews and decided to check it out.  I don't know any other spies, but would love to meet some spies out on the course.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I recently moved back to the Greater Boston area and am in Wrentham for the time being.  Have played Maplegate a bunch since I've been back.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The worst is the short season.  The best are the beautiful natural settings of the courses in MA.

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a patent lawyer.

7. How’d you pick your user name? I was born in Argentina and "el pibe de oro" was a nickname for the great Argentine soccer player, Maradona, who died last year.

Driver: PXG 0811X Proto (9 Deg.)

3 Wood: PXG 0211 (15 Deg.)

Hybrid: PXG 0211 (19 Deg.)

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 2 (4-PW)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 (50, 56, 60)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5

6 minutes ago, El_Pibe_De_Oro said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I started playing in 1996 at the dawn of the Tiger era.  Tiger was a big reason I started playing golf.  I haven't kept a USGA handicap in a long time.  My unofficial handicap is 10.2.  

2. What do you love about golf?  I have moved a lot and usually go out to the course as a single.  I love that golf gives me the opportunity to meet new people all the time.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I was listening to a podcast that mentioned MyGolfSpy product reviews and decided to check it out.  I don't know any other spies, but would love to meet some spies out on the course.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I recently moved back to the Greater Boston area and am in Wrentham for the time being.  Have played Maplegate a bunch since I've been back.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The worst is the short season.  The best are the beautiful natural settings of the courses in MA.

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a patent lawyer.

7. How’d you pick your user name? I was born in Argentina and "el pibe de oro" was a nickname for the great Argentine soccer player, Maradona, who died last year.

Welcome!

Right down the road from me and a few others on site. Maplegate is a great spot (used to be one of the best in the area) and is slowly getting back with new greenskeeping. If you have not played wentworth in wrentham yet, that is well worth it (very tight course)

Plenty of folks on here to get rounds in with, enjoy the site!

Check out my reviews:

WITB: