TESTERS WANTED! ×

New England: ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Andrew and I've been a reader of MyGolfSpy since I started getting interested in golf last year so I'm super excited to have finally made a profile and introduce myself. I am also new to the area, I am a second year law student living in Fall River and due to the virus I actually haven't played any of my local courses yet so that will definitely be a goal for the summer. I look forward to participating in the discussions on here and hopefully meeting some of you one day, have a great golf season everyone!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I picked up the game a few years ago while I was still in college, but due to being busy with classes and sports I didn't really have the time to go out and practice or play. Additionally I was having a nasty case of the push with most of my clubs and couldn't break it so anytime I went to practice I didn't leave too happy. That all ended up in me not ever playing on an actual course, my time was always just spend at the driving range. Then Covid happened and I went fully virtual for school and I was dying to get outside and do something, so I picked up golf again in 2020 and committed to not quitting this time no matter how hard it was to get better. I played my first round of golf with my dad (also new to golf) at a local course in PA and we had an amazing time despite losing about a dozen balls each. Since then I have been consistently practicing and getting a lot better (no more push, rarely a slice too) and am super excited to have a full season of golf under my belt in 2021. I am not sure what my current handicap is but whenever I talk with coaches or other players based on my skill and scores the 3 times I've played, it's probably around 20-23. Typical score has been from an 86-96. 
  2. What do you love about golf?

I absolutely love the challenge. I am a very competitive person who played sports all my life but as my athletic ability (yes even at 23) has waned I see golf as a way to stay competitive and play a sport for the rest of my life. Plus I am entering the law field, and from what I know they all play golf so I'd have to learn eventually! I also love just being outside on a beautiful day playing golf with my friends or my family, those are times you truly appreciate. 
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Being a new golfer I wanted to know all about the latest clubs and gear so naturally I went to google and found that other sources weren't nearly as in depth (or cool) as MyGolfSpy. Now I read the blogs and reviews almost daily to get my fix of golf material. I do not know any other Spies, golf is a new game to me and my family so I don't know many golfers. 
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I am originally from East Lyme CT, but I moved to Collegeville PA for high school and college. Now I am back in New England living in Fall River MA going to law school. As I said before, I actually haven't played any of the courses local to me but I believe the closests one is Allendale CC in North Dartmouth. I have played some local par 3 and chip and putt courses (which are always fun) but I don't have a home course just yet. 
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    1. I would say the best things about golf in my region are that New England is beautiful year round so whenever you go out you're bound to have a good view. Definitely the worst thing here is that you can't play year round, there is this thing called winter that comes and lasts forever. 
  6. What do you do for a living?

At the moment, nothing! I am full time law student who is also getting his MBA so I am very busy year round. One day (sooner than it feels) I will be a lawyer and hopefully working with a corporation, law firm, or local government. 
  7. How’d you pick your user name?

Pretty simple choice for me it's just my first initial and last name combined. 

Driver: Callaway Strata (Beginners Box Set) 12*

Woods: Callaway Strata (Beginners Box Set) 3W

Hybrid: Callaway SuperHybrid 17* (Shaft: Graphite Design Tour AD HY 85S), Callaway Strata (Beginners Box set) 4H 

Irons: 5-PW Honma TR21X, Shaft: Nippon Modus 130S

Wedges: Cleveland CBX-2 Black Satin 50, 54 (bent 55), 60. Shaft: Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Putter: Callaway White Hot OG 7 Stroke Lab

Grips: Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360

Ball: VICE Pro Neon, VICE Tour White

Bag: PING Hoofer Scarlet/Black

2 minutes ago, aramirez said:

Hello Everyone!

My name is Andrew and I've been a reader of MyGolfSpy since I started getting interested in golf last year so I'm super excited to have finally made a profile and introduce myself. I am also new to the area, I am a second year law student living in Fall River and due to the virus I actually haven't played any of my local courses yet so that will definitely be a goal for the summer. I look forward to participating in the discussions on here and hopefully meeting some of you one day, have a great golf season everyone!

I picked up the game a few years ago while I was still in college, but due to being busy with classes and sports I didn't really have the time to go out and practice or play. Additionally I was having a nasty case of the push with most of my clubs and couldn't break it so anytime I went to practice I didn't leave too happy. That all ended up in me not ever playing on an actual course, my time was always just spend at the driving range. Then Covid happened and I went fully virtual for school and I was dying to get outside and do something, so I picked up golf again in 2020 and committed to not quitting this time no matter how hard it was to get better. I played my first round of golf with my dad (also new to golf) at a local course in PA and we had an amazing time despite losing about a dozen balls each. Since then I have been consistently practicing and getting a lot better (no more push, rarely a slice too) and am super excited to have a full season of golf under my belt in 2021. I am not sure what my current handicap is but whenever I talk with coaches or other players based on my skill and scores the 3 times I've played, it's probably around 20-23. Typical score has been from an 86-96. 

I absolutely love the challenge. I am a very competitive person who played sports all my life but as my athletic ability (yes even at 23) has waned I see golf as a way to stay competitive and play a sport for the rest of my life. Plus I am entering the law field, and from what I know they all play golf so I'd have to learn eventually! I also love just being outside on a beautiful day playing golf with my friends or my family, those are times you truly appreciate. 

Being a new golfer I wanted to know all about the latest clubs and gear so naturally I went to google and found that other sources weren't nearly as in depth (or cool) as MyGolfSpy. Now I read the blogs and reviews almost daily to get my fix of golf material. I do not know any other Spies, golf is a new game to me and my family so I don't know many golfers. 

I am originally from East Lyme CT, but I moved to Collegeville PA for high school and college. Now I am back in New England living in Fall River MA going to law school. As I said before, I actually haven't played any of the courses local to me but I believe the closests one is Allendale CC in North Dartmouth. I have played some local par 3 and chip and putt courses (which are always fun) but I don't have a home course just yet. 
    1. I would say the best things about golf in my region are that New England is beautiful year round so whenever you go out you're bound to have a good view. Definitely the worst thing here is that you can't play year round, there is this thing called winter that comes and lasts forever. 

At the moment, nothing! I am full time law student who is also getting his MBA so I am very busy year round. One day (sooner than it feels) I will be a lawyer and hopefully working with a corporation, law firm, or local government. 

Welcome to the forums and look forward to hearing your thoughts. I hope you have some time to play around all that law school work.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

1 hour ago, aramirez said:

Hello Everyone!

Welcome! I worked in Fall River for 16+ years. Allendale is about 2 mins from my house. It's a gorgeous course (we're holding a golf event there on May 1 for our town music association's scholarship fund). I can also recommend Whaling City for a very decently priced course, Rochester is an amazing value if you like to walk, Acushnet River Valley is a must-play. Touissett is a stone's throw from Fall River (just over the Braga) and is $15 after 5pm to walk 9 holes. I play there a lot after work... well, I *used* to anyways pre-COVID. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

welcome to the forums @aramirez!  Allendale is a nice track and you're in a great spot for a lot of nice golf courses.  

You can learn to play with a push!  It's the push slice that's a killer.  Are you planning on taking an lessons or trying to work it out on your own?

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 minute ago, B.Boston said:

welcome to the forums @aramirez!  Allendale is a nice track and you're in a great spot for a lot of nice golf courses.  

You can learn to play with a push!  It's the push slice that's a killer.  Are you planning on taking an lessons or trying to work it out on your own?

Thanks for the welcome wishes! I have taken lessons before (at GolfTec in RI, and with a local pro) when I started to get back into golf last year and for the most part I have eliminated that push/slice with my lower clubs but at the top of the bag it still happens every once in a while.

13 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Welcome! I worked in Fall River for 16+ years. Allendale is about 2 mins from my house. It's a gorgeous course (we're holding a golf event there on May 1 for our town music association's scholarship fund). I can also recommend Whaling City for a very decently priced course, Rochester is an amazing value if you like to walk, Acushnet River Valley is a must-play. Touissett is a stone's throw from Fall River (just over the Braga) and is $15 after 5pm to walk 9 holes. I play there a lot after work... well, I *used* to anyways pre-COVID. 

Thanks for letting me know I will definitely have to put those on my list to play this season!

Hybrid: Callaway SuperHybrid 17* (Shaft: Graphite Design Tour AD HY 85S), Callaway Strata (Beginners Box set) 4H 

Wedges: Cleveland CBX-2 Black Satin 50, 54 (bent 55), 60. Shaft: Nippon Modus Wedge 115

1 hour ago, ejgaudette said:

Welcome to the forums and look forward to hearing your thoughts. I hope you have some time to play around all that law school work.

It is a grind for sure and I make time where I can! Thank you for the welcome wishes too!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to toss this up here one more time for our MA/RI golfers! This is a scramble we're holding to help replace funds that we've lost in our Scholarship Fund due to all of our school concerts being cancelled for the past year. Allendale CC is a great track, plus we'll have prizes from Titleist, Snell, and a few other companies up for grabs. Here's the link with more info. Signups/checks must be in by April 20.

780926393_DSMAScholarshipGolfTournamentFLYER.png.737c8f4e4a199b2ff8ff134a309caff1.png

course-photo-04.jpg

course-photo-03.jpg

course-photo-09.jpg

course-photo-16.jpg

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 15 handicap

2. What do you love about golf? just getting out with friends and the friendly joking around.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Came across MyGolfSpy via FB

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Boston, MA.  Home course is DW Field Golf Course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? SNOW!

6. What do you do for a living? Project Managment

7. How’d you pick your user name? my nickname given to me a long time ago.

41 minutes ago, Bubba Lent said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 15 handicap

2. What do you love about golf? just getting out with friends and the friendly joking around.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Came across MyGolfSpy via FB

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Boston, MA.  Home course is DW Field Golf Course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? SNOW!

6. What do you do for a living? Project Managment

7. How’d you pick your user name? my nickname given to me a long time ago.

Welcome fellow facility guy! Hope you enjoy the site! Any projects in the area I would be familiar with?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

• 3 weeks later...

My user name is condog combining my last name and dog. I’m from Douglas mass and play now out of Blissful Meadows. I’ was also a member at Whitinsville Golf club for many years leaving when my daughters played competitive basketball. I love to learn more every time I read others that are so knowledgeable and love and respect the game. I attended Providence College and continued in the education field for 38 years. Central mass has in the past years built many more public courses that are good tracts such as Blackstone National, Highfields, Blissfull, Shining Rock, Cyprus keys and a new redone Stow Acres. I worked for 5 years at Blackstone National and doing that you are around the game everyday from April til Thanksgiving. Now I want to play more in this area and Rhode Iskand and CT. Which has many great courses. I just wanted to introduce myself to other New Englanders who are passionate members like myself . 

Rocket blades

vokey wedges

Wilson 8802

28 minutes ago, Condog said:

My user name is condog combining my last name and dog. I’m from Douglas mass and play now out of Blissful Meadows. I’ was also a member at Whitinsville Golf club for many years leaving when my daughters played competitive basketball. I love to learn more every time I read others that are so knowledgeable and love and respect the game. I attended Providence College and continued in the education field for 38 years. Central mass has in the past years built many more public courses that are good tracts such as Blackstone National, Highfields, Blissfull, Shining Rock, Cyprus keys and a new redone Stow Acres. I worked for 5 years at Blackstone National and doing that you are around the game everyday from April til Thanksgiving. Now I want to play more in this area and Rhode Iskand and CT. Which has many great courses. I just wanted to introduce myself to other New Englanders who are passionate members like myself . 

Welcome hope you enjoy the forum! Love all the courses you just named and are my typical courses on a week to week basis!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

1 hour ago, Condog said:

Welcome! I’ll be playing at blissful on Sunday! First round of the year. 🥳

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

11 hours ago, Condog said:

Great to have you joining the forums and look forward to hearing your thoughts.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone played Blackstone National this year?  I read some 2020 reviews noting very poor conditions.  Haven't played it in a while and was thinking about playing.  Would appreciate anyone sharing recent experiences.

Driver: PXG 0811X Proto (9 Deg.)

3 Wood: PXG 0211 (15 Deg.)

Hybrid: PXG 0211 (19 Deg.)

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 2 (4-PW)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 (50, 56, 60)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5

4 minutes ago, El_Pibe_De_Oro said:

Has anyone played Blackstone National this year?  I read some 2020 reviews noting very poor conditions.  Haven't played it in a while and was thinking about playing.  Would appreciate anyone sharing recent experiences.

Just played it yesterday. Don't bother was in awful condition and is a shame because the track is awesome. Greens had weird growths and was very patchy/bumpy. Fairways were soaked in random spots what seemed like irrigation issues that have not been fixed (was all over the place too not just a few holes) tee boxes and traps were poorly maintained some of the worst I have seen in a long time. If you are looking for something in that area try blissful meadows, way better at this point in time. I could rattle a few others off in the area if you are interested LMK.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

On 5/17/2021 at 10:56 AM, Lacassem said:

Just played it yesterday. Don't bother was in awful condition and is a shame because the track is awesome. Greens had weird growths and was very patchy/bumpy. Fairways were soaked in random spots what seemed like irrigation issues that have not been fixed (was all over the place too not just a few holes) tee boxes and traps were poorly maintained some of the worst I have seen in a long time. If you are looking for something in that area try blissful meadows, way better at this point in time. I could rattle a few others off in the area if you are interested LMK.

Thanks for the feedback, Lacassem.  That's too bad.  One of my favorite courses.

1 hour ago, El_Pibe_De_Oro said:

Thanks for the feedback, Lacassem.  That's too bad.  One of my favorite courses.

It really is, one of my favorite layouts. It can play long. Just enough elevation changes and they do it well hole to hole. Just really unfortunate, I have heard grumblings about the super incompetence but dont know 100% if thats it or its a funding thing. Regardless really hoping it turns around....

Where did you end up booking?

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

25 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

It really is, one of my favorite layouts. It can play long. Just enough elevation changes and they do it well hole to hole. Just really unfortunate, I have heard grumblings about the super incompetence but dont know 100% if thats it or its a funding thing. Regardless really hoping it turns around....

It is sad when this happens to a course. There is one by me that got lost last year and is really struggling to get back with some very strong burned out/dead areas still to the point where on a few holes half the fairway is ground under repair. 

2 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

It is sad when this happens to a course. There is one by me that got lost last year and is really struggling to get back with some very strong burned out/dead areas still to the point where on a few holes half the fairway is ground under repair. 

Two year's ago we played a Ridgewood up near Winnipesaukee and they had a ton of ice damage from the winter, and it was late June! The pro said that it can be really hard if they have a bad winter and the ice doesn't melt until later in the Spring.

11 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Two year's ago we played a Ridgewood up near Winnipesaukee and they had a ton of ice damage from the winter, and it was late June! The pro said that it can be really hard if they have a bad winter and the ice doesn't melt until later in the Spring.

Guy from work has a house and plays there a lot (ridge wood) he said it’s back to tip top shape I guess. 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Guy from work has a house and plays there a lot (ridge wood) he said it’s back to tip top shape I guess. 

Yup I played there last year and yes it looks great now. The ice is a big one if it hangs on up here which is not uncommon. This one was from the drought last year, just got running to short on the grass given the water they could use it sounds like. Hopefully its back to tip top shape in not too long. They really had it nice with the green running very very quick. Even though personally I am yet to play that course well as it is very hilly so you never get a flat lie.

On 5/20/2021 at 9:47 AM, Lacassem said:

I played there early and the greens were super rough. Buddy is the assistant pro there, I will have to ask him about it. 

Hate yourself, not the game...

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:srixon-small: ZX 3 wood                          :vokey-small: SW & GW Black

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

Hello, I'm Jack and new to MGS:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing on courses since I was about 23 years old.  I played and hit balls when I was a kid after my uncle gave me a left handed seven irons and used to kick a ball around at the local school.  I am a seventeen after a horrendous year battle a bad shoulder injury.  Trying to work through it this year.  I was a single digit handicapper back in my late 20s (Glory days).

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge, always against my self and in particular my mind.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know any spies but particularly enjoy the information and feedback I've received from their youtube videos and evaluations.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I grew up in Massachusetts but now live the Mount Washington Valley of NH.  I play many courses and do not have a favorite.  I belong to a group that plays through out New England.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Off season.

6. What do you do for a living?  Business lawyer and consultant.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Old nickname given by my X-wife and initials of where I live.

Any combination of Titleist 905 9.5 degree, PXG 0811X 9 degree, Titleist 904 @ 15 degrees, Maltby KE4 14 degree, Titleist 913 @ 19,  Maltby KE4 Tour FDE 19 degree driving iron, Upswing 7 wood 21 degree, Titliest 670 2-PW, Cleveland 52, Callaway 58, Maltby DBM Forged 4-GW, Maltby TSW forged 54, 58, Vokey 52, 56, 58, 60 Ping Anser 2 (1990), Scotty Bullseye, Wilson Bucktown, Odyssey Rossi White Hot, Odyssey Versa; Currently playing Titleist: Drive, 3 wood, 2 - pw, Cleveland RTX 588 52, Callaway Mack Daddy 58, ping answer 2 Kirkland Signature (2023);

5 minutes ago, BlackjackMWV said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing on courses since I was about 23 years old.  I played and hit balls when I was a kid after my uncle gave me a left handed seven irons and used to kick a ball around at the local school.  I am a seventeen after a horrendous year battle a bad shoulder injury.  Trying to work through it this year.  I was a single digit handicapper back in my late 20s (Glory days).

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge, always against my self and in particular my mind.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know any spies but particularly enjoy the information and feedback I've received from their youtube videos and evaluations.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I grew up in Massachusetts but now live the Mount Washington Valley of NH.  I play many courses and do not have a favorite.  I belong to a group that plays through out New England.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Old nickname given by my X-wife and initials of where I live.

Welcome! Will be up in your neck of the woods end of June playing North Conway CC and Mt Washington!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

43 minutes ago, BlackjackMWV said:

Welcome to the forums, also from northern NH. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Welcome to the forums @BlackjackMWV!

1 hour ago, BlackjackMWV said:

See you around town. 

Hate yourself, not the game...

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:srixon-small: ZX 3 wood                          :vokey-small: SW & GW Black

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

On 5/20/2021 at 9:04 AM, Lacassem said:

Ended up playing Maplegate.  Course was in decent shape.  Greens were okay, not great.

3 minutes ago, El_Pibe_De_Oro said:

Ended up playing Maplegate.  Course was in decent shape.  Greens were okay, not great.

So keep an eye on that course. They got a new super there about 3 years ago now and its transforming to its former self year to year. One of the best layouts around, really fingers crossed for it to come back time will tell. How did you play?

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

• 2 weeks later...

HI All,
I'm Chris and new to the forums.

Been playing since I was a little kid.  My Grandparents bought my brother and I a kids set and we've been hacking ever since.  I'm an 8, and need to learn how to putt and get closer inside 125 (aka how to score)

Everything.  Outside. Playing with friends or in competition, in the work league or on the weekend.

Reviews and new product announcements.  My boss is here likely for the same things.

Live in Salem NH, and I usually say Atkinson, but been more consistently playing Scottish Highlands this year (Less of a mental beatdown than Atkinson).

Best: all the courses around try to maximize their open time and get you out there.  Worst: The Offseason.

Mechanical Engineer

My name