TESTERS WANTED! ×

New England: ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

6 minutes ago, CDance84 said:

HI All,
I'm Chris and new to the forums.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    Been playing since I was a little kid.  My Grandparents bought my brother and I a kids set and we've been hacking ever since.  I'm an 8, and need to learn how to putt and get closer inside 125 (aka how to score)

2. What do you love about golf?
    Everything.  Outside. Playing with friends or in competition, in the work league or on the weekend.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    Reviews and new product announcements.  My boss is here likely for the same things.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
    Live in Salem NH, and I usually say Atkinson, but been more consistently playing Scottish Highlands this year (Less of a mental beatdown than Atkinson).

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    Best: all the courses around try to maximize their open time and get you out there.  Worst: The Offseason.

6. What do you do for a living?
    Mechanical Engineer

7. How’d you pick your user name?
    My name

Welcome! hope you enjoy the forums. Several active members from up your way

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Welcome to the forums @CDance84!  As Mark mentioned, you’re in a pretty good spot with a bunch of members in the area!

Getting from the high single digits to low single digits in my goal too.  After last season I got down to a 6.4 according to Diablo Golf (still the old way of calculating, but it’s not too far off).  I’m trying to cut that in half this season, or better!  

Do you use any stat tracking apps or have anyway to identify that 125 and in is your key weakness?  Arccos taught me that. I need to do better on basically all of my approach play.  But my putting is a real strong point for me.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

22 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Welcome! hope you enjoy the forums. Several active members from up your way

12 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Welcome to the forums @CDance84!  As Mark mentioned, you’re in a pretty good spot with a bunch of members in the area!

Getting from the high single digits to low single digits in my goal too.  After last season I got down to a 6.4 according to Diablo Golf (still the old way of calculating, but it’s not too far off).  I’m trying to cut that in half this season, or better!  

Do you use any stat tracking apps or have anyway to identify that 125 and in is your key weakness?  Arccos taught me that. I need to do better on basically all of my approach play.  But my putting is a real strong point for me.  

Thanks @Lacassem and @B.Boston.  Yeah I keep a GHIN from Atkinson and also enter all my data into 18 Birdies to keep all my stats.  Goals for the year are to drop the handicap to a 5, which is going to mean eliminating 3 putts and having more up and downs.  I have decent distance control, play decent enough out of greenside bunkers, but just struggle on my reads and/or leave the ball just short too often to score well.
Putting is #1 on the fix it list, then GIR, then Fairways.

Cheers!

2 minutes ago, CDance84 said:

Thanks @Lacassem and @B.Boston.  Yeah I keep a GHIN from Atkinson and also enter all my data into 18 Birdies to keep all my stats.  Goals for the year are to drop the handicap to a 5, which is going to mean eliminating 3 putts and having more up and downs.  I have decent distance control, play decent enough out of greenside bunkers, but just struggle on my reads and/or leave the ball just short too often to score well.
Putting is #1 on the fix it list, then GIR, then Fairways.

Cheers!

Similar my struggle is in my approach. I hit a good amount of fairways but struggle to hit greens consistently. Also 3 putts so I am familiar with your pain. Keep working on it it’ll get better and don’t beat yourself up not making a specific number. I missed my goal last year but was able to drop from 8.3 to 7.1. Takes a lot that’s for sure

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

9 hours ago, CDance84 said:

HI All,
I'm Chris and new to the forums.

Been playing since I was a little kid.  My Grandparents bought my brother and I a kids set and we've been hacking ever since.  I'm an 8, and need to learn how to putt and get closer inside 125 (aka how to score)

Everything.  Outside. Playing with friends or in competition, in the work league or on the weekend.

Reviews and new product announcements.  My boss is here likely for the same things.

Live in Salem NH, and I usually say Atkinson, but been more consistently playing Scottish Highlands this year (Less of a mental beatdown than Atkinson).

Best: all the courses around try to maximize their open time and get you out there.  Worst: The Offseason.

6. What do you do for a living?
    Mechanical Engineer

My name

Great to have you joining us. Some great courses out that way. Good luck on your improvement always great to have a goal to shoot for.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

• 2 weeks later...
    Golfing now for around 24 years, golfed ALOT in college and when living in Las Vegas.  Dropped off when living in Seattle and then after having 2 kids.  The last 2 years have been really able to fall back in love with the game and while frustrating that I'm not as good as I used to be, it's okay and I'm in it for the enjoyment and ME time.  Currently floating around 19 or 20 handicap...used to be 8-10.

Golf has given me so much time to relax, destress, work on different aspects of my game, something to focus on when everything else in life has been hectic.  Now it's seeing my almost 5 year old fall in love with the game!  He's been swing the clubs in the yard for 2.5/3 years now and is starting lessons.  He's been sticking through 18 holes lately and just giving me a new reason to play this amazingly frustrating game that is so relaxing and an opportunity to bond with people.

started following this past year during the pandemic and wanting to really get back to my old playing form.  While that might not happen, i've been really enjoying reading more and learning new aspects.  I don't know any other Spies yet.

Currently living in Burlington, VT.  No official home course.  I really like to spread the rounds out.  So far this season I've hit up 6 different courses and have another 5-6 in the works!  Typically play at Kwiniaska just down the street from my office.

Best part is you can typically get out on a course if you are flexible with your time.  A good number of decent courses within 30-40 minute drive.   

Worst part is the winter months....it's a real bummer that from Late October through April you really don't have the option to play.  Thankfully Gonzo's HD Sports is open and hoping to continue playing a few times a month on a simulator this winter.  At least it'll get me out of the house!

6. What do you do for a living?  Currently I'm the Associate Director for Campus Recreation Operations at the University of Vermont.  Prior positions in Campus Rec I was overseeing Intramural Sports and Club Sports and organizing golf leagues and tournaments with special events on campuses (not in Vermont). 

It's just a shortened version of my name

Blake Simpfenderfer
Golf, Pearl Jam, and good craft beer are the non-family things that keep me going!

11 minutes ago, bsimpfen said:
    Golfing now for around 24 years, golfed ALOT in college and when living in Las Vegas.  Dropped off when living in Seattle and then after having 2 kids.  The last 2 years have been really able to fall back in love with the game and while frustrating that I'm not as good as I used to be, it's okay and I'm in it for the enjoyment and ME time.  Currently floating around 19 or 20 handicap...used to be 8-10.

Golf has given me so much time to relax, destress, work on different aspects of my game, something to focus on when everything else in life has been hectic.  Now it's seeing my almost 5 year old fall in love with the game!  He's been swing the clubs in the yard for 2.5/3 years now and is starting lessons.  He's been sticking through 18 holes lately and just giving me a new reason to play this amazingly frustrating game that is so relaxing and an opportunity to bond with people.

started following this past year during the pandemic and wanting to really get back to my old playing form.  While that might not happen, i've been really enjoying reading more and learning new aspects.  I don't know any other Spies yet.

Currently living in Burlington, VT.  No official home course.  I really like to spread the rounds out.  So far this season I've hit up 6 different courses and have another 5-6 in the works!  Typically play at Kwiniaska just down the street from my office.

Best part is you can typically get out on a course if you are flexible with your time.  A good number of decent courses within 30-40 minute drive.   

Worst part is the winter months....it's a real bummer that from Late October through April you really don't have the option to play.  Thankfully Gonzo's HD Sports is open and hoping to continue playing a few times a month on a simulator this winter.  At least it'll get me out of the house!

6. What do you do for a living?  Currently I'm the Associate Director for Campus Recreation Operations at the University of Vermont.  Prior positions in Campus Rec I was overseeing Intramural Sports and Club Sports and organizing golf leagues and tournaments with special events on campuses (not in Vermont). 

Welcome to the forums!  I haven't played much in VT but my friend's brother works or used to work at Green Mountain National which I hear is fantastic.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

On 6/2/2021 at 9:16 PM, Lacassem said:

Similar my struggle is in my approach. I hit a good amount of fairways but struggle to hit greens consistently. Also 3 putts so I am familiar with your pain. Keep working on it it’ll get better and don’t beat yourself up not making a specific number. I missed my goal last year but was able to drop from 8.3 to 7.1. Takes a lot that’s for sure

@Lacassem Reading this felt like you were describing my current struggles exactly, with nearly identical handicap and goals! I feel like I'm constantly just off directionally (to both sides, unfortunately) on my approach with basically all irons...and having to chip to get up and down. Hard to get the handicap down when you're scrambling for par, making a lot of bogeys, and not many birdies. But it never ceases to be fun to keep trying haha.

Lag putting has killed me too when I have actually hit greens and been 30+ ft away. I feel like I leave myself 6+ ft a lot and am not making those at the clip I should. Would welcome any good lag putting visuals/tips people have found helpful!

• PROUD LEFTY
  • :callaway-small: Mavirk 9* w Aldila Rogue 130MSI 60X
  • :taylormade-small: Rocketballz Tour 3 TP 13.5*
  • :callaway-small: Mavrik Pro 3H 20* 
  • :taylormade-small: P770 4-PW w KBS $-Taper Lite, Stiff
  • :cleveland-small: 588 RTX 50*, 54*, 60* (next on the update list)
  • :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black #7

10 minutes ago, BC8868 said:

@Lacassem Reading this felt like you were describing my current struggles exactly, with nearly identical handicap and goals! I feel like I'm constantly just off directionally (to both sides, unfortunately) on my approach with basically all irons...and having to chip to get up and down. Hard to get the handicap down when you're scrambling for par, making a lot of bogeys, and not many birdies. But it never ceases to be fun to keep trying haha.

Lag putting has killed me too when I have actually hit greens and been 30+ ft away. I feel like I leave myself 6+ ft a lot and am not making those at the clip I should. Would welcome any good lag putting visuals/tips people have found helpful!

Yesterday was a perfect example for me. 41 with 2 birds, 2 pars, 2 bogies and 3 doubles all from penalties....Its getting there but need to hone in! Its a grind but a grind I enjoy!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 hour ago, bsimpfen said:

Welcome to the forums, and Burlington is a great area. Have some friends that live up that way and seems like some great courses. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

• 3 months later...

Alright my New England people. Going to Portland Maine next weekend with in laws and looking to get a round in Sunday. We are staying in Portland by the airport and am looking to play within 20 minutes of there. A lot of private courses in the area but a few non, any recommendations?

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I'm sorry, L.

I don't remember ever playing in that area.

Hope another of us New Englanders can help.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

On 9/11/2021 at 1:44 PM, Lacassem said:

Alright my New England people. Going to Portland Maine next weekend with in laws and looking to get a round in Sunday. We are staying in Portland by the airport and am looking to play within 20 minutes of there. A lot of private courses in the area but a few non, any recommendations?

Spring Meadows is nice but I haven't been there in a while, they had really nice fairways and was a decent challenge. I have heard people rave about Fallmouth CC but it is private I guess. Nonesuch river is not too bad. Take the hour drive and go play Mount Washington or Sunday River. 😄 Stop North Conway and say hi, we have a great practice facility course here.

Hate yourself, not the game...

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:srixon-small: ZX 3 wood                          :vokey-small: SW & GW Black

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

17 minutes ago, Muckinfiddle said:

Spring Meadows is nice but I haven't been there in a while, they had really nice fairways and was a decent challenge. I have heard people rave about Fallmouth CC but it is private I guess. Nonesuch river is not too bad. Take the hour drive and go play Mount Washington or Sunday River. 😄 Stop North Conway and say hi, we have a great practice facility course here.

I have an annual trip to NH and we always play North Conway, played Mount Washington as well this past year.

ended up booking at dunegrass in old orchard. Nonesuch river was one that had a tournament or something early morning unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestions!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

17 hours ago, Lacassem said:

I have an annual trip to NH and we always play North Conway, played Mount Washington as well this past year.

ended up booking at dunegrass in old orchard. Nonesuch river was one that had a tournament or something early morning unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestions!

Dunegrass isn't too bad. Somewhat narrow. I haven't been to it in about 5 years I believe. Interesting first hole. The greens were in a kind of grass rolled into mud state. Rolled fast and hard to hold at that time. I would have recommended it but it wasn't a favorite. Nice layout though. I was a much worse golfer back then though...

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

Over the years, multiple business trips provided opportunities to play in/around the Portland & South Portland areas. I found these to be enjoyable tests with interesting layouts & varied shot-selection options. All 'an easy drive' within 15-30 minutes of downtown Portland proper -- Old Marsh C.C. (Wells). Dunegrass (Old Orchard Beach). Nonesuch (So. Portland). Sable Oaks (So. Portland MARRIOTT). Fox Ridge (Auburn).

Driver:    :tour-edge: E523. Offset. A-Light. 12’

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1:  Big Bertha. A-Light. 16.0’

Hybrid:    :tour-edge:  E523. Offset. A-Light. 4H-22’

Hybrid:    :tour-edge:  E523. Offset. A-Light. 5H-25’

Irons:        :callaway-logo-1:  Big Bertha. A-Light. 6-7-8-9-PW-AW.

Wedge:    :cleveland-small: CBX-Zipcore. Wedge. 50’

Wedge:     :cleveland-small: CBX-Zipcore. Wedge. 54’

Putter:        :taylormade-small:Spider. Tour III

On 9/16/2021 at 10:04 PM, MCMSR said:

Over the years, multiple business trips provided opportunities to play in/around the Portland & South Portland areas. I found these to be enjoyable tests with interesting layouts & varied shot-selection options. All 'an easy drive' within 15-30 minutes of downtown Portland proper -- Old Marsh C.C. (Wells). Dunegrass (Old Orchard Beach). Nonesuch (So. Portland). Sable Oaks (So. Portland MARRIOTT). Fox Ridge (Auburn).

Unfortunately Sable Oaks is no longer a golf course which is why I didn't recommend it. I used to go out that one frequently with a friend who was a member there it was a great golf course very challenging and narrow at times. It was a fun course though even though a lot of people didn't like it because of the narrowness. I wish my track was a little more narrow and less forgiving it would make me a better golfer.

Edited by Muckinfiddle
Text correction

In my Vessel bag:

In that same general area - anyone here played Webhannet GC in Kennebunk? I got invited to go up and play there this coming weekend. Curious how it is or what their practice setup is like. Seems shorter looking at the scorecard (~6100 tipped out).

• PROUD LEFTY
  • :callaway-small: Mavirk 9* w Aldila Rogue 130MSI 60X
  • :taylormade-small: Rocketballz Tour 3 TP 13.5*
  • :callaway-small: Mavrik Pro 3H 20* 
  • :taylormade-small: P770 4-PW w KBS $-Taper Lite, Stiff
  • :cleveland-small: 588 RTX 50*, 54*, 60* (next on the update list)
  • :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black #7

• 2 months later...

Hello!

I have been lurking and reading reviews for a several years and finally decided to join.  I felt the urge to report my personal sucess with Super Speed Training system.  It's awesome BTW.  Off to the pressing questions!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?   I've been playing golf since Tiger first appeared on the scene.  It must be 20+ years.  I had to take a 10 year hiatus while my two kids were growing up.  I was able to take back up about 5 years ago when kids were old enough to drive.

2. What do you love about golf?  I like it's solitary nature.  It's a battle with oneself even though one is playing against others.   I love the feel of a pure strike whether it's a drive, chip or a putt.  It feels fantastic.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I love how the reviews are conducted.  MGS attempts to be as data driven as possible.  Although I think in many cases, it could be done even better, but it's far better than any other source out there.   I don't know any other spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Originally from Korea, moved to the States as a preteen.  I live in Massachusetts now.  My home course is Green Meadows GC in Hudson, NH.  Unfortunately, the 36 track is in the process of being sold to be developed into massive warehouses majority of which will be occupied by Amazon as distribution centers.  😞  I may have played my last round there last week. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Worst thing:  Long brutal winters.  Best thing:  Long brutal winter which allows you to train while others aren't.

6. What do you do for a living?  Develop software

7. How’d you pick your user name?  I tried 'pakman' as a play on my last name, but it's always taken.  So pakman92 it is.

I hope to be proactive member moving forward instead of a passive lurker.

• 99422724_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.e67bdb8f7e6eea7baa71ca677594bbde.jpgEpic Max LS 11.5° (10.5°+1) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6 stiff
  • 99422724_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.e67bdb8f7e6eea7baa71ca677594bbde.jpgEpic Flash 3 Wood 17° (15°+2) w/ Project X Even Flow Green 60 stiff
  • 943183396_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.391f8ed5e36869c949eb3a241d2a750d.jpgSuper Hybrid 21° (20°+1) w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 80 stiff
  • 518011180_Screenshot2021-12-24001914.jpg.f52e8c7ce28e9a854c65b04b28450163.jpgRogue Hybrid 5 (24°) w/ Aldila Synergy 60 HYB Graphite stiff
  •   Screenshot 2021-12-24 002411.jpg2021 P790 Irons 5-AW (1° flat, weakened lofts) w/ Aerotech Steelfiber i95 cw regular
  • 467311891_Screenshot2021-12-24002654.jpg.3c87f11fa77f127a10ed922bdcbbcc69.jpgCBX2 Wedges 54°, 58° w/ True Temper DG 115 Wedge flex
  • 467311891_Screenshot2021-12-24002654.jpg.3c87f11fa77f127a10ed922bdcbbcc69.jpgOdyssey White Hot OG #1 Stroke Lab, 33 in
  • 1360869533_Screenshot2021-12-24002835.jpg.38d6fb8915a5bd0b37b4bbec950f4c64.jpgPro V1
  • bushnell_launchpro_logos_medium.jpg.7df9dcd404a46928e3850d1e1335e4e3.jpgBushnell Launch Pro

6 hours ago, pakman92 said:

Hello!

I have been lurking and reading reviews for a several years and finally decided to join.  I felt the urge to report my personal sucess with Super Speed Training system.  It's awesome BTW.  Off to the pressing questions!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?   I've been playing golf since Tiger first appeared on the scene.  It must be 20+ years.  I had to take a 10 year hiatus while my two kids were growing up.  I was able to take back up about 5 years ago when kids were old enough to drive.

2. What do you love about golf?  I like it's solitary nature.  It's a battle with oneself even though one is playing against others.   I love the feel of a pure strike whether it's a drive, chip or a putt.  It feels fantastic.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I love how the reviews are conducted.  MGS attempts to be as data driven as possible.  Although I think in many cases, it could be done even better, but it's far better than any other source out there.   I don't know any other spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Originally from Korea, moved to the States as a preteen.  I live in Massachusetts now.  My home course is Green Meadows GC in Hudson, NH.  Unfortunately, the 36 track is in the process of being sold to be developed into massive warehouses majority of which will be occupied by Amazon as distribution centers.  😞  I may have played my last round there last week. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Worst thing:  Long brutal winters.  Best thing:  Long brutal winter which allows you to train while others aren't.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  I tried 'pakman' as a play on my last name, but it's always taken.  So pakman92 it is.

Welcome! Sounds like some nasty weather coming up your way today. In laws have a place up in NH where is green meadows? 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

7 hours ago, pakman92 said:

Hello!

I believe my buddy Tim plays at Green Meadows prairie if that's the same place. He works in cement super nice guy.

In my Vessel bag:

8 hours ago, pakman92 said:

Hello!

Welcome to the Forum and I grew up playing Green Meadow as it was $10 for a junior when an adult played even on the weekends. Its sad to see it going to be developed but there have been talks about it getting developed for years current owners have never seemed interested in running it long term so it was only a matter of time. I wish they would keep 18 at least but its not to be.

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Welcome! Sounds like some nasty weather coming up your way today. In laws have a place up in NH where is green meadows? 

Its in Hudson right next to Nashua

• 2 weeks later...

Hi friends.  Happy New Year!  Been reading the site for a while, but recently have been lurking the forums.  Decided it was time to participate.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?   I've had clubs for 20+ years though up until last year my play would consist of 3-4 rounds every summer (or no golf a few years when my kids were born).  COVID and wanting an outdoor hobby got me back into the game, though time time I'm focused (trying, practicing, and praying) to become an OK player (my definition would be someone who can consistently score in the 80s).  My current handicap is 26.

2. What do you love about golf?  I love being outdoors, the challenge of the sport, the camaraderie with friends.  I also enjoy getting a few hours away from my wife and kids (don't tell my wife!)

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Been a reader of the reviews for a while.  I don't know any other Spies

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  CT.  Yale is the course I play most often.  Also, Sleeping Giant, Ailing, and Lyman Orchards

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best -- I love fall golf walking and enjoying the colors (provided I can find my ball).  Worst is the winter.

6. What do you do for a living? Healthcare

7. How’d you pick your user name?  My childhood nickname

2 hours ago, Roach said:

Hi friends.  Happy New Year!  Been reading the site for a while, but recently have been lurking the forums.  Decided it was time to participate.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?   I've had clubs for 20+ years though up until last year my play would consist of 3-4 rounds every summer (or no golf a few years when my kids were born).  COVID and wanting an outdoor hobby got me back into the game, though time time I'm focused (trying, practicing, and praying) to become an OK player (my definition would be someone who can consistently score in the 80s).  My current handicap is 26.

2. What do you love about golf?  I love being outdoors, the challenge of the sport, the camaraderie with friends.  I also enjoy getting a few hours away from my wife and kids (don't tell my wife!)

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Been a reader of the reviews for a while.  I don't know any other Spies

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  CT.  Yale is the course I play most often.  Also, Sleeping Giant, Ailing, and Lyman Orchards

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best -- I love fall golf walking and enjoying the colors (provided I can find my ball).  Worst is the winter.

Welcome to the forums @Roach! Quite a few guys from CT on here. Someone might play at those courses too. 

Are you going to be playing more to get to that handicap target?!

2 hours ago, Roach said:

Welcome to the forums!!  Glad you joined us, and we are looking forward to your tales about your experience with Monte Scheinblum's clinic in Palm Beach next month!!  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 months later...

Anyone heading to the NE Golf show tomorrow at Gillette? 

@Lacassem and I are heading over and it would be cool to get a meet n greet or photo op with some other spies!

Pretty sure the US Open trophy is going to be there tomorrow too!

anyway,  keep an eye out on chatbox. I’ll be trying to send out some updates during the day!

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Anyone heading to the NE Golf show tomorrow at Gillette? 

@Lacassem and I are heading over and it would be cool to get a meet n greet or photo op with some other spies!

Pretty sure the US Open trophy is going to be there tomorrow too!

anyway,  keep an eye out on chatbox. I’ll be trying to send out some updates during the day!

Yeah… I’ll be there…. meet me at the 9th Booth at 9… oh and BOS where something nice.

A04FEEFC-1178-4ED6-9061-6A033D925C40.gif

15 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Yeah… I’ll be there…. meet me at the 9th Booth at 9… oh and BOS where something nice.

A04FEEFC-1178-4ED6-9061-6A033D925C40.gif

You had me for a minute. I was excited that you were going to be there. Then I opened the forum.. you win this round Alan. 😂