GolfSpy MPR

New England: ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT

Our Sponsors

6 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Welcome buddy hope you enjoy the forums! Have never play Quaboag how is it?

It's a nice change from some of the other courses around. Much older lots of uneven lies and elevation changes. The greens are usually in good shape along with the fairways. They do have some thin/ bare spots mostly where the slope is pretty steep. It's close to my house and never crowded so it's easy to get a quick 9 in.

• Like 1

1. How long have you been playing golf? 16 years  What’s your handicap or normal score? 80's

2. What do you love about golf? It's a love hate relationship. I love being outside and the hope of birdies and hitting those shots that you can look back on and be like oh yeah that's why I love golf.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I know a couple spies. I've been on spy for 2 years but I'm going to start being involved now that I have a little more time.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from western MA but I live in Attleboro now. I guess my home course is Chemawa golf course since I'm in a league there, but I like to travel around and play new courses.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Golf in MA is great for a limited amount of time. Spring is super windy, cold and rainy. Summer is great, humid but great. Fall is nice but then you have to try and find you ball under millions of leaves.

6. What do you do for a living? Air Force reservist and civilian I do pipe fitting for fire suppression systems.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Just an abbreviation of my full name

• Like 2

1. How long have you been playing golf? 16 years  What’s your handicap or normal score? 80's

2. What do you love about golf? It's a love hate relationship. I love being outside and the hope of birdies and hitting those shots that you can look back on and be like oh yeah that's why I love golf.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I know a couple spies. I've been on spy for 2 years but I'm going to start being involved now that I have a little more time.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from western MA but I live in Attleboro now. I guess my home course is Chemawa golf course since I'm in a league there, but I like to travel around and play new courses.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Golf in MA is great for a limited amount of time. Spring is super windy, cold and rainy. Summer is great, humid but great. Fall is nice but then you have to try and find you ball under millions of leaves.

6. What do you do for a living? Air Force reservist and civilian I do pipe fitting for fire suppression systems.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Just an abbreviation of my full name

Hey man! Welcome to the forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Love 1

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6TX

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

3 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Hey man! Welcome to the forums.

Thank Brah! trying to figure my way around this place

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JChurch said:

Thank Brah! trying to figure my way around this place

There’s the posts! Yea a lot of navigation but the search bar is good (use it a lot for when I’m searching for spots I know I have seen but forget where they are)

• Like 1

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Usually high 70s - low 80s.  

2. What do you love about golf?  The score might be the same from day to day but how you got there is always different.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Don't know any other spies.  I've been a long time lurker from the great reviews.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Indian Ridge Country Club in Andover MA.  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Fall golf is one of my favorite times of the year, then the long winter kicks in.  

6. What do you do for a living? Desk job. Marketing Operations/Project Management

7. How’d you pick your user name? One of my favorite TV shows (other than Seinfeld)

Edited by SterlingArcher
  • Like 3

On 5/30/2020 at 10:56 AM, SterlingArcher said:

Hi everyone!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Usually high 70s - low 80s.  

2. What do you love about golf?  The score might be the same from day to day but how you got there is always different.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Don't know any other spies.  I've been a long time lurker from the great reviews.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Indian Ridge Country Club in Andover MA.  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Fall golf is one of my favorite times of the year, then the long winter kicks in.  

6. What do you do for a living? Desk job. Marketing Operations/Project Management

7. How’d you pick your user name? One of my favorite TV shows (other than Seinfeld)

Welcome. I like your take on "what you love about golf". Have never looked at it from that point of view good stuff.

How do you like Indian Ridge? Have never played there.

Check out my reviews

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

On 5/30/2020 at 10:56 AM, SterlingArcher said:

Hi everyone!

Welcome aboard from another marketing desk jockey!

• Haha 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

9 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Welcome. I like your take on "what you love about golf". Have never looked at it from that point of view good stuff.

How do you like Indian Ridge? Have never played there.

Overall I really enjoy it, been a member there for 7 years.  They have a very active member base and I like the layout a lot.  I’m a shorter hitter so I find it pretty challenging but for the longer hitters it will probably play on the easier side.  

• Like 1

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    I’ve been playing golf for 30 years, my GHIN is 4.7, normal score 74-80.

2. What do you love about golf?                   I’ve been addicted to golf since 8th grade, love that you can compete with others or just yourself and the course.  Really fell in love with competing while playing D1 golf.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?                    Was brought back onto MyGolfSpy to look at new clubs, what brought me to it last time as well.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?                                             Grew up just north of NYC, my teaching pro was Lighthouse Harry Cooper.  Now I live in Newburyport, Ma.  My home course is a private top 100 which I love playing.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?                         Love spring and fall golf with the cooler temps, hate the snow in the winter.

6. What do you do for a living?                     Partially retired at 40, now Invest

7. How’d you pick your user name?             My name 

33 minutes ago, Pkc said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    I’ve been playing golf for 30 years, my GHIN is 4.7, normal score 74-80.

2. What do you love about golf?                   I’ve been addicted to golf since 8th grade, love that you can compete with others or just yourself and the course.  Really fell in love with competing while playing D1 golf.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?                    Was brought back onto MyGolfSpy to look at new clubs, what brought me to it last time as well.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?                                             Grew up just north of NYC, my teaching pro was Lighthouse Harry Cooper.  Now I live in Newburyport, Ma.  My home course is a private top 100 which I love playing.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?                         Love spring and fall golf with the cooler temps, hate the snow in the winter.

6. What do you do for a living?                     Partially retired at 40, now Invest

7. How’d you pick your user name?             My name 

Welcome back! What clubs were you looking at?

Newburyport is a beautiful area 

Check out my reviews

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Welcome back! What clubs were you looking at?

Newburyport is a beautiful area 

Looking at new drivers, not sure which I’ll try yet, just starting the search, any recommendations?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pkc said:

Looking at new drivers, not sure which I’ll try yet, just starting the search, any recommendations?

I currently have the TS2. I enjoy it great sound and feel, might swap shafts out at some point soon. 
not sure if you read the review from MGS but they did a pretty comprehensive review of the 2020 drivers. 
If I didn’t revamp last year with the TS2 I definitely would have been looking at the SIM or the speed zone.

https://mygolfspy.com/best-drivers-2020/

• Like 1

Check out my reviews

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

And if you can hold off a week or two they will be releasing the driver report by swing speed category as well. You can always go look at the 2019 reports too for a starting point. What’s your driver swing speed?

• Like 1

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

#cuetheduckboats

Hey NE Spies!  Are any of you interested in joining or bringing a team to a golf tournament in October?

My father runs this tournament annually and this year we’ve teamed up with a great organization in the Cystic Fibrosis Cycle for Life.  

Details are below  if you have any interest feel free to PM me!

50154857-13DF-4A9E-B573-520CB25FCB88.jpeg.8e1f8a73dff0ac6fb1a683e2f0e7c3e3.jpeg

• Like 1

#cuetheduckboats

9 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Hey NE Spies!  Are any of you interested in joining or bringing a team to a golf tournament in October?

My father runs this tournament annually and this year we’ve teamed up with a great organization in the Cystic Fibrosis Cycle for Life.  

Details are below  if you have any interest feel free to PM me!

50154857-13DF-4A9E-B573-520CB25FCB88.jpeg.8e1f8a73dff0ac6fb1a683e2f0e7c3e3.jpeg

In there like swimwear 

Check out my reviews

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt