Jump to content

New England: ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT


GolfSpy MPR

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Played it last season with Wedgie & StrokerAce, we had a great time. It's almost always in excellent condition, easy to forget it's a muni. 

Any round with those two is sure to be a good time. Even if it’s mini golf!

that sounds like a course I’m going to have to check out. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Alright NE-crew. Since it feels like Spring today... or at least not as wintery... I’ve got a question for you all.

If you could only play one of your courses for the whole season, which would you choose?

It’s gotta be something you would normally play. The idea behind this one is get a list going of our favorites so anyone in the area can scroll through and see. Try not to repeat so we get a good list.

For me it’s Highfields Golf and Country Club in Grafton, MA (sorry [mention]Lacassem [/mention] choose something different). It’s a great track with a variety of holes and a great value.

Hands down Owls Nest, not that there are many options up here, and if I tried that I would go broke very quickly.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: 5 - PW JPX 919 HM Pro :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Left Dash Pro V1x| Right Handed

Tracked by :ShotScope:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Valley Country Club baby! Although I loved playing Highfields when I was up in Mass I’ll stay local to where I am now. I will say Highfields would be a great central location if everyone wants to get together.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 4

Wedgie

 

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Hands down Owls Nest, not that there are many options up here, and if I tried that I would go broke very quickly.

I Love Owl’s Nest! The 18th is one of the best finishing views around. And the Gin and Tonics afterward are too notch too!

34682348-C705-4233-822B-628DC2AEE17F.jpeg.93a2f17e5cf5593c8ed8a11871778740.jpeg

 

  • Like 4

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, B.Boston said:

I Love Owl’s Nest! The 18th is one of the best finishing views around. And the Gin and Tonics afterward are too notch too!

34682348-C705-4233-822B-628DC2AEE17F.jpeg.93a2f17e5cf5593c8ed8a11871778740.jpeg

 

Yeah some great views and always good conditions. Usually play a couple times a year and end up using that range a bunch.

  • Like 1

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: 5 - PW JPX 919 HM Pro :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Left Dash Pro V1x| Right Handed

Tracked by :ShotScope:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Yeah some great views and always good conditions. Usually play a couple times a year and end up using that range a bunch.

Great range. Always good condition. Only 2 that compete with that aspect for me is pine hills in Plymouth and crumpin fox. They give you free range balls 😍

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Check out my reviews:

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh so many to choose from...

Blissful Meadows, Blackstone (hopefully it comes back!) National, Stow Acres, Segregansett, Acushnet RV....

but, I'm going to have to go with Kettle Brook. IMG_20191024_121940.jpg.7b9d5266cb92a6279991b43cfb9bf6f5.jpg

if I could afford it Franklin Country Club would be A1....

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

I got something to say then I'm gonna say it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Great range. Always good condition. Only 2 that compete with that aspect for me is pine hills in Plymouth and crumpin fox. They give you free range balls 😍

Can't beat the free range balls that's for sure

40 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

Oh so many to choose from...

Blissful Meadows, Blackstone (hopefully it comes back!) National, Stow Acres, Segregansett, Acushnet RV....

but, I'm going to have to go with Kettle Brook. IMG_20191024_121940.jpg.7b9d5266cb92a6279991b43cfb9bf6f5.jpg

if I could afford it Franklin Country Club would be A1....

 

That's a great view right there

  • Like 3

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: 5 - PW JPX 919 HM Pro :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Left Dash Pro V1x| Right Handed

Tracked by :ShotScope:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, StrokerAce said:

Oh so many to choose from...

Blissful Meadows, Blackstone (hopefully it comes back!) National, Stow Acres, Segregansett, Acushnet RV....

but, I'm going to have to go with Kettle Brook. IMG_20191024_121940.jpg.7b9d5266cb92a6279991b43cfb9bf6f5.jpg

if I could afford it Franklin Country Club would be A1....

 

Yessssss Franklin CC

  • Like 2

Check out my reviews:

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's a great view right there

Franklin CC is one of my Top 5 in New England. I miss the NE courses a lot. It’s great playing 12 months a year in FL but the course conditions and scenery in NE hard to beat.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great range. Always good condition. Only 2 that compete with that aspect for me is pine hills in Plymouth and crumpin fox. They give you free range balls [emoji7]

Always enjoyed Crumpin Fox.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ll add Red Tail and Shaker Hills. They’re up there for me too, but more expensive than others. 
 

this is a great list. Thanks for those who’ve added. My favorites folder for courses had a few more now!
 

 

  • Like 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Gonna have to go with Acushnet River Valley. Gives you the best of both worlds - typical gorgeous tree-lined fairways on the front nine, then links style on the back nine. 

Played it for first time in November of last year and enjoyed it very much.  Course was in great shape, especially the greens.  Will definitely go back.

  • Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811X Proto (9 Deg.)

3 Wood: PXG 0211 (15 Deg.)

Hybrid: PXG 0211 (19 Deg.)

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 2 (4-PW)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 (50, 56, 60)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Alright NE-crew. Since it feels like Spring today... or at least not as wintery... I’ve got a question for you all.

If you could only play one of your courses for the whole season, which would you choose?

It’s gotta be something you would normally play. The idea behind this one is get a list going of our favorites so anyone in the area can scroll through and see. Try not to repeat so we get a good list.

For me it’s Highfields Golf and Country Club in Grafton, MA (sorry [mention]Lacassem [/mention] choose something different). It’s a great track with a variety of holes and a great value.

George Wright, a city of Boston course that was designed by Donald Ross.  A really fun, old-school layout with many blind tee shots.  I remember it having maintenance issues in the 90s and early 2000s, but I played it a few years ago and it was in good shape.

  • Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811X Proto (9 Deg.)

3 Wood: PXG 0211 (15 Deg.)

Hybrid: PXG 0211 (19 Deg.)

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 2 (4-PW)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 (50, 56, 60)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all - I'm excited to jump into the MGS community. I've never been much for online forums or chats, but if there's going to be one worth engaging in, it seems like a world full of people who have an opinion on how to fix my golf swing is the right place to start.

Per the suggestions on the original post:

  • I've been playing golf since age 4, so almost 30 years
  • At one point I was just below a 2, but that was short lived and now hover pretty consistently around 8
    • I directly correlate my increased handicap to moving to NE from Virginia...so much less opportunity to practice & play here
  • I've seen MGS articles online and through instagram this past year and really started to like the way their written and quality of advice, so I'm jumping in!
  • I now live just north of Boston, MA - and am still searching for a good "home course", but so far go to is to drive out to Red Tail GC in Devens, MA
  • My uncle was a PGA club pro and that drove me headfirst into golf. The meditative quality of pursuing unattainable perfection is what keeps me hooked. As many of you know, that singular focus required of golf is so calming
  • I work in healthcare administration and am thrilled to be able to support and create an environment where our caregivers can work efficiently and patients are put at the center

I'm looking forward to engaging more on here and hope to connect and get out on the course with some of you in the future!

-B

Edited by BC8868
typo
  • Like 3
  • PROUD LEFTY
  • :callaway-small: Mavirk 9* w Aldila Rogue 130MSI 60X
  • :taylormade-small: Rocketballz Tour 3 TP 13.5*
  • :callaway-small: Mavrik Pro 3H 20* 
  • :taylormade-small: P770 4-PW w KBS $-Taper Lite, Stiff
  • :cleveland-small: 588 RTX 50*, 54*, 60* (next on the update list)
  • :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black #7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, BC8868 said:

Hi all - I'm excited to jump into the MGS community. I've never been much for online forums or chats, but if there's going to be one worth engaging in, it seems like a world full of people who have an opinion on how to fix my golf swing is the right place to start.

Per the suggestions on the original post:

  • I've been playing golf since age 4, so almost 30 years
  • At one point I was just below a +2, but that was short lived and now hover pretty consistently around +8
    • I directly correlate my increased handicap to moving to NE from Virginia...so much less opportunity to practice & play here
  • I've seen MGS articles online and through instagram this past year and really started to like the way their written and quality of advice, so I'm jumping in!
  • I now live just north of Boston, MA - and am still searching for a good "home course", but so far go to is to drive out to Red Tail GC in Devens, MA
  • My uncle was a PGA club pro and that drove me headfirst into golf. The meditative quality of pursuing unattainable perfection is what keeps me hooked. As many of you know, that singular focus required of golf is so calming
  • I work in healthcare administration and am thrilled to be able to support and create an environment where our caregivers can work efficiently and patients are put at the center

I'm looking forward to engaging more on here and hope to connect and get out on the course with some of you in the future!

-B

Welcome aboard! There are ALOT of good courses around the 495 strip. How far are you looking to cruise for a home course and how far is red tail for you? Several folks on here can recommend good courses within proximity. 

Red tail is a great course. Have played it 3 times and it never disappoints!


look forward to seeing you around!

  • Like 1

Check out my reviews:

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Welcome aboard! There are ALOT of good courses around the 495 strip. How far are you looking to cruise for a home course and how far is red tail for you? Several folks on here can recommend good courses within proximity. 

Red tail is a great course. Have played it 3 times and it never disappoints!


look forward to seeing you around!

Thanks! I'm in Woburn, MA currently. Most days I'd say anything short of an hour drive is reasonable for a quality 18. Most of the public courses nearby seem to only be 9 holes, which is fine for the weekday jaunt. 

I'm probably 40 minutes from Red Tail, but mostly highway so it's easy going. I've heard good things about the NH options just over the border as well, just haven't gotten the chance to check them out yet. 

Hoping to get my first holes of the season in at Billerica Country Club this coming weekend if I can get on the sheet. Heard it was an easy walk and not too difficult. 

  • PROUD LEFTY
  • :callaway-small: Mavirk 9* w Aldila Rogue 130MSI 60X
  • :taylormade-small: Rocketballz Tour 3 TP 13.5*
  • :callaway-small: Mavrik Pro 3H 20* 
  • :taylormade-small: P770 4-PW w KBS $-Taper Lite, Stiff
  • :cleveland-small: 588 RTX 50*, 54*, 60* (next on the update list)
  • :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black #7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, BC8868 said:

Thanks! I'm in Woburn, MA currently. Most days I'd say anything short of an hour drive is reasonable for a quality 18. Most of the public courses nearby seem to only be 9 holes, which is fine for the weekday jaunt. 

I'm probably 40 minutes from Red Tail, but mostly highway so it's easy going. I've heard good things about the NH options just over the border as well, just haven't gotten the chance to check them out yet. 

Hoping to get my first holes of the season in at Billerica Country Club this coming weekend if I can get on the sheet. Heard it was an easy walk and not too difficult. 

Shaker hills is 35ish minutes for you the. That’s a fantastic course!

wachusett country club is about 55 for you which is also really good. But shaker hills is A1 IMO

  • Like 1

Check out my reviews:

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi from Connecticut. 
 

I am a 17.1 because I change my swing constantly. It’s a flaw. I guess I am the Bryson type, which is why I love MGS. I like to properly fit the numbers, I like to know which equipment is best for me despite all the hype or marketing

Golf is about getting out there with friends and having time away from the stresses of life. And beer. 
 

I am also competitive against my friends and with myself I enjoy both aspects. 
 

I am a rarity in that I care more about the quality of a swing and good contact and improving more than result.  I’d rather miss a green pin high with a good strike than get lucky bounce

  • Like 5

D - titleist 915 Diamana white X 70g

3W - titleist 915 Diamana white X 80g

Taylormade DHY3 Diamana white 100g

Mizuno JPX850 forged 4-pw - KBS tour 130x

vokey sm5 50 f grind 08 bounce

vokey sm5 54 m grind 08 bounce

vokey sm5 58 k grind 12 bounce

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

 Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mctwist937 said:

Hi from Connecticut. 
 

I am a 17.1 because I change my swing constantly. It’s a flaw. I guess I am the Bryson type, which is why I love MGS. I like to properly fit the numbers, I like to know which equipment is best for me despite all the hype or marketing

Golf is about getting out there with friends and having time away from the stresses of life. And beer. 
 

I am also competitive against my friends and with myself I enjoy both aspects. 
 

I am a rarity in that I care more about the quality of a swing and good contact and improving more than result.  I’d rather miss a green pin high with a good strike than get lucky bounce

Welcome to the forums and always tinkering is encouraged in for sure. Hope you enjoy the forum and share your thoughts.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: 5 - PW JPX 919 HM Pro :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Left Dash Pro V1x| Right Handed

Tracked by :ShotScope:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...