New England: ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT

GolfSpy MPR

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Guy from work has a house and plays there a lot (ridge wood) he said it’s back to tip top shape I guess. 

Yup I played there last year and yes it looks great now. The ice is a big one if it hangs on up here which is not uncommon. This one was from the drought last year, just got running to short on the grass given the water they could use it sounds like. Hopefully its back to tip top shape in not too long. They really had it nice with the green running very very quick. Even though personally I am yet to play that course well as it is very hilly so you never get a flat lie.

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Left Dash Pro V1x| Right Handed 

On 5/20/2021 at 9:47 AM, Lacassem said:

Guy from work has a house and plays there a lot (ridge wood) he said it’s back to tip top shape I guess. 

I played there early and the greens were super rough. Buddy is the assistant pro there, I will have to ask him about it. 

• Like 1

I'm lazy at interneting...

Hello, I'm Jack and new to MGS:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing on courses since I was about 23 years old.  I played and hit balls when I was a kid after my uncle gave me a left handed seven irons and used to kick a ball around at the local school.  I am a seventeen after a horrendous year battle a bad shoulder injury.  Trying to work through it this year.  I was a single digit handicapper back in my late 20s (Glory days).

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge, always against my self and in particular my mind.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know any spies but particularly enjoy the information and feedback I've received from their youtube videos and evaluations.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I grew up in Massachusetts but now live the Mount Washington Valley of NH.  I play many courses and do not have a favorite.  I belong to a group that plays through out New England.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Off season.

6. What do you do for a living?  Business lawyer and consultant.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Old nickname given by my X-wife and initials of where I live.

• Like 4

Titliest 905, 904, 913, 670 2-PW, Vokey 52, 58, Scotty Bullseye

5 minutes ago, BlackjackMWV said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing on courses since I was about 23 years old.  I played and hit balls when I was a kid after my uncle gave me a left handed seven irons and used to kick a ball around at the local school.  I am a seventeen after a horrendous year battle a bad shoulder injury.  Trying to work through it this year.  I was a single digit handicapper back in my late 20s (Glory days).

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge, always against my self and in particular my mind.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know any spies but particularly enjoy the information and feedback I've received from their youtube videos and evaluations.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I grew up in Massachusetts but now live the Mount Washington Valley of NH.  I play many courses and do not have a favorite.  I belong to a group that plays through out New England.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Old nickname given by my X-wife and initials of where I live.

Welcome! Will be up in your neck of the woods end of June playing North Conway CC and Mt Washington!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

43 minutes ago, BlackjackMWV said:

Welcome to the forums, also from northern NH. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

• Like 1

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Left Dash Pro V1x| Right Handed 

Welcome to the forums @BlackjackMWV!

• Like 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

1 hour ago, BlackjackMWV said:

See you around town. 

• Like 1

I'm lazy at interneting...

On 5/20/2021 at 9:04 AM, Lacassem said:

It really is, one of my favorite layouts. It can play long. Just enough elevation changes and they do it well hole to hole. Just really unfortunate, I have heard grumblings about the super incompetence but dont know 100% if thats it or its a funding thing. Regardless really hoping it turns around....

Where did you end up booking?

Ended up playing Maplegate.  Course was in decent shape.  Greens were okay, not great.

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811X Proto (9 Deg.)

3 Wood: PXG 0211 (15 Deg.)

Hybrid: PXG 0211 (19 Deg.)

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 2 (4-PW)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 (50, 56, 60)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5

3 minutes ago, El_Pibe_De_Oro said:

Ended up playing Maplegate.  Course was in decent shape.  Greens were okay, not great.

So keep an eye on that course. They got a new super there about 3 years ago now and its transforming to its former self year to year. One of the best layouts around, really fingers crossed for it to come back time will tell. How did you play?

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

• 2 weeks later...

HI All,
I'm Chris and new to the forums.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    Been playing since I was a little kid.  My Grandparents bought my brother and I a kids set and we've been hacking ever since.  I'm an 8, and need to learn how to putt and get closer inside 125 (aka how to score)

2. What do you love about golf?
    Everything.  Outside. Playing with friends or in competition, in the work league or on the weekend.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    Reviews and new product announcements.  My boss is here likely for the same things.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
    Live in Salem NH, and I usually say Atkinson, but been more consistently playing Scottish Highlands this year (Less of a mental beatdown than Atkinson).

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    Best: all the courses around try to maximize their open time and get you out there.  Worst: The Offseason.

6. What do you do for a living?
    Mechanical Engineer

7. How’d you pick your user name?
    My name

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, CDance84 said:

HI All,

Been playing since I was a little kid.  My Grandparents bought my brother and I a kids set and we've been hacking ever since.  I'm an 8, and need to learn how to putt and get closer inside 125 (aka how to score)

Everything.  Outside. Playing with friends or in competition, in the work league or on the weekend.

Reviews and new product announcements.  My boss is here likely for the same things.

Live in Salem NH, and I usually say Atkinson, but been more consistently playing Scottish Highlands this year (Less of a mental beatdown than Atkinson).

Best: all the courses around try to maximize their open time and get you out there.  Worst: The Offseason.

Mechanical Engineer

My name

Welcome! hope you enjoy the forums. Several active members from up your way

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Welcome to the forums @CDance84!  As Mark mentioned, you’re in a pretty good spot with a bunch of members in the area!

Getting from the high single digits to low single digits in my goal too.  After last season I got down to a 6.4 according to Diablo Golf (still the old way of calculating, but it’s not too far off).  I’m trying to cut that in half this season, or better!  

Do you use any stat tracking apps or have anyway to identify that 125 and in is your key weakness?  Arccos taught me that. I need to do better on basically all of my approach play.  But my putting is a real strong point for me.  

• Like 1

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

22 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Welcome! hope you enjoy the forums. Several active members from up your way

12 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Welcome to the forums @CDance84!  As Mark mentioned, you’re in a pretty good spot with a bunch of members in the area!

Getting from the high single digits to low single digits in my goal too.  After last season I got down to a 6.4 according to Diablo Golf (still the old way of calculating, but it’s not too far off).  I’m trying to cut that in half this season, or better!  

Do you use any stat tracking apps or have anyway to identify that 125 and in is your key weakness?  Arccos taught me that. I need to do better on basically all of my approach play.  But my putting is a real strong point for me.  

Thanks @Lacassem and @B.Boston.  Yeah I keep a GHIN from Atkinson and also enter all my data into 18 Birdies to keep all my stats.  Goals for the year are to drop the handicap to a 5, which is going to mean eliminating 3 putts and having more up and downs.  I have decent distance control, play decent enough out of greenside bunkers, but just struggle on my reads and/or leave the ball just short too often to score well.
Putting is #1 on the fix it list, then GIR, then Fairways.

Cheers!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CDance84 said:

Thanks @Lacassem and @B.Boston.  Yeah I keep a GHIN from Atkinson and also enter all my data into 18 Birdies to keep all my stats.  Goals for the year are to drop the handicap to a 5, which is going to mean eliminating 3 putts and having more up and downs.  I have decent distance control, play decent enough out of greenside bunkers, but just struggle on my reads and/or leave the ball just short too often to score well.
Putting is #1 on the fix it list, then GIR, then Fairways.

Cheers!

Similar my struggle is in my approach. I hit a good amount of fairways but struggle to hit greens consistently. Also 3 putts so I am familiar with your pain. Keep working on it it’ll get better and don’t beat yourself up not making a specific number. I missed my goal last year but was able to drop from 8.3 to 7.1. Takes a lot that’s for sure

• Like 1

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

9 hours ago, CDance84 said:

HI All,

Mechanical Engineer

My name

Great to have you joining us. Some great courses out that way. Good luck on your improvement always great to have a goal to shoot for.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
    Golfing now for around 24 years, golfed ALOT in college and when living in Las Vegas.  Dropped off when living in Seattle and then after having 2 kids.  The last 2 years have been really able to fall back in love with the game and while frustrating that I'm not as good as I used to be, it's okay and I'm in it for the enjoyment and ME time.  Currently floating around 19 or 20 handicap...used to be 8-10.

Golf has given me so much time to relax, destress, work on different aspects of my game, something to focus on when everything else in life has been hectic.  Now it's seeing my almost 5 year old fall in love with the game!  He's been swing the clubs in the yard for 2.5/3 years now and is starting lessons.  He's been sticking through 18 holes lately and just giving me a new reason to play this amazingly frustrating game that is so relaxing and an opportunity to bond with people.

started following this past year during the pandemic and wanting to really get back to my old playing form.  While that might not happen, i've been really enjoying reading more and learning new aspects.  I don't know any other Spies yet.

Currently living in Burlington, VT.  No official home course.  I really like to spread the rounds out.  So far this season I've hit up 6 different courses and have another 5-6 in the works!  Typically play at Kwiniaska just down the street from my office.

Best part is you can typically get out on a course if you are flexible with your time.  A good number of decent courses within 30-40 minute drive.   

Worst part is the winter months....it's a real bummer that from Late October through April you really don't have the option to play.  Thankfully Gonzo's HD Sports is open and hoping to continue playing a few times a month on a simulator this winter.  At least it'll get me out of the house!

6. What do you do for a living?  Currently I'm the Associate Director for Campus Recreation Operations at the University of Vermont.  Prior positions in Campus Rec I was overseeing Intramural Sports and Club Sports and organizing golf leagues and tournaments with special events on campuses (not in Vermont). 

It's just a shortened version of my name

• Like 4

Blake Simpfenderfer
Golf, Pearl Jam, and good craft beer are the non-family things that keep me going!

11 minutes ago, bsimpfen said:
    Golfing now for around 24 years, golfed ALOT in college and when living in Las Vegas.  Dropped off when living in Seattle and then after having 2 kids.  The last 2 years have been really able to fall back in love with the game and while frustrating that I'm not as good as I used to be, it's okay and I'm in it for the enjoyment and ME time.  Currently floating around 19 or 20 handicap...used to be 8-10.

Golf has given me so much time to relax, destress, work on different aspects of my game, something to focus on when everything else in life has been hectic.  Now it's seeing my almost 5 year old fall in love with the game!  He's been swing the clubs in the yard for 2.5/3 years now and is starting lessons.  He's been sticking through 18 holes lately and just giving me a new reason to play this amazingly frustrating game that is so relaxing and an opportunity to bond with people.

started following this past year during the pandemic and wanting to really get back to my old playing form.  While that might not happen, i've been really enjoying reading more and learning new aspects.  I don't know any other Spies yet.

Currently living in Burlington, VT.  No official home course.  I really like to spread the rounds out.  So far this season I've hit up 6 different courses and have another 5-6 in the works!  Typically play at Kwiniaska just down the street from my office.

Best part is you can typically get out on a course if you are flexible with your time.  A good number of decent courses within 30-40 minute drive.   

Worst part is the winter months....it's a real bummer that from Late October through April you really don't have the option to play.  Thankfully Gonzo's HD Sports is open and hoping to continue playing a few times a month on a simulator this winter.  At least it'll get me out of the house!

6. What do you do for a living?  Currently I'm the Associate Director for Campus Recreation Operations at the University of Vermont.  Prior positions in Campus Rec I was overseeing Intramural Sports and Club Sports and organizing golf leagues and tournaments with special events on campuses (not in Vermont). 

Welcome to the forums!  I haven't played much in VT but my friend's brother works or used to work at Green Mountain National which I hear is fantastic.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 9:16 PM, Lacassem said:

Similar my struggle is in my approach. I hit a good amount of fairways but struggle to hit greens consistently. Also 3 putts so I am familiar with your pain. Keep working on it it’ll get better and don’t beat yourself up not making a specific number. I missed my goal last year but was able to drop from 8.3 to 7.1. Takes a lot that’s for sure

@Lacassem Reading this felt like you were describing my current struggles exactly, with nearly identical handicap and goals! I feel like I'm constantly just off directionally (to both sides, unfortunately) on my approach with basically all irons...and having to chip to get up and down. Hard to get the handicap down when you're scrambling for par, making a lot of bogeys, and not many birdies. But it never ceases to be fun to keep trying haha.

Lag putting has killed me too when I have actually hit greens and been 30+ ft away. I feel like I leave myself 6+ ft a lot and am not making those at the clip I should. Would welcome any good lag putting visuals/tips people have found helpful!

• Like 2
  • PROUD LEFTY
  • :callaway-small: Mavirk 9* w Aldila Rogue 130MSI 60X
  • :taylormade-small: Rocketballz Tour 3 TP 13.5*
  • :callaway-small: Mavrik Pro 3H 20* 
  • :taylormade-small: P770 4-PW w KBS $-Taper Lite, Stiff
  • :cleveland-small: 588 RTX 50*, 54*, 60* (next on the update list)
  • :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black #7

10 minutes ago, BC8868 said:

@Lacassem Reading this felt like you were describing my current struggles exactly, with nearly identical handicap and goals! I feel like I'm constantly just off directionally (to both sides, unfortunately) on my approach with basically all irons...and having to chip to get up and down. Hard to get the handicap down when you're scrambling for par, making a lot of bogeys, and not many birdies. But it never ceases to be fun to keep trying haha.

Lag putting has killed me too when I have actually hit greens and been 30+ ft away. I feel like I leave myself 6+ ft a lot and am not making those at the clip I should. Would welcome any good lag putting visuals/tips people have found helpful!

Yesterday was a perfect example for me. 41 with 2 birds, 2 pars, 2 bogies and 3 doubles all from penalties....Its getting there but need to hone in! Its a grind but a grind I enjoy!

• Like 2

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 hour ago, bsimpfen said:

Welcome to the forums, and Burlington is a great area. Have some friends that live up that way and seems like some great courses. 

• Like 2