TESTERS WANTED! ×

New England: ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

On 4/4/2019 at 11:03 AM, MadDad said:

General comment I find to be interesting, and pretty awesome... I don't think I've seen a single signature that doesn't include PING somewhere....

Mine wouldn't if I could get it to print unscrambled.

T-Less driver (13º)                  Epon AF-903 driving iron (20º)                                                                                        PRGR Model Q fairway metals (18, 23º)                                           

Miura CB-301 irons (25, 28, 32, 36, 40, 44, 48º)                 Edel Pincher wedge (53º)          Titleist SM7 wedge (58º)

Louisville Ambi-Dex putter

(all graphite except hickory shafted putter)

Top Flite Gamer ball

Edited by JuniperRocker

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Here are my answers to the intro questions...

1.  I've been playing golf only about 21 years.  Started playing when I was about 26 years old.  My handicap is currently at around 13.

2. There are several things I love about golf.  I love that it's a sport that I can play for the rest of my life.  I love that my only real competition is myself... I'm always working to play better than I did the previous time.  I love being able to play around with friends and have a few beers while doing so.

3. I came to MyGolfSpy because after all these years I wanted to learn more about the equipment and what new tools might be useful for my game.  I don't think I know any other Spies, but I don't go around asking people if they're Spies either.

4. I'm from Western MA.  I grew up in Springfield and now live in a small town just east of Springfield.  I'm not a member of any course as I like to play as many different courses as possible, but I tend to play at Cold Spring CC and Westover Municipal GC most often.

5. Best thing about golf in my region, is that there are a lot of courses available to play.  I could play every day for two weeks straight and not have to play the same course twice.  The worst thing (and it probably applies to everyone on this New England forum) is the fact that for 4 - 6 months per year it's too cold and there's too much snow to be able to play.

6.  I'm a Project Manager for a living.

7.  My user name was easy to pick, it's my first name.  Although my friends just call me Ray.

Driver:  :taylormade-small: R11s

3-Wood:  :taylormade-small: R9

Hy-3:  :taylormade-small: RocketBallz

Irons:  :ping-small:  i20  4i - GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: 588 Satin   54º and 58º

Putter:  :cleveland-small: TFi 2135

Balls:  :callaway-small: Chrome Soft

• 2 weeks later...

My amazing wife got me a twosome at Pinehills in Plymouth MA for Father's Day, so I'll be taking my dad out for a round there. Most likely going to play the Nicklaus course, maybe wait until early September so the heat doesn't hit my dad too hard. I can't wait!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

My amazing wife got me a twosome at Pinehills in Plymouth MA for Father's Day, so I'll be taking my dad out for a round there. Most likely going to play the Nicklaus course, maybe wait until early September so the heat doesn't hit my dad too hard. I can't wait!

Love that place. Both courses are amazing! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 5:11 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

1. Not counting the ‘hacking’ around as a kid nor the infrequent business functions, started playing about 25-30 years ago when the oldest son expressed interest - then, more seriously about 15 years ago. Over the last 3-4 years, GHIN has moved from 10 up to 16  

2. The birds, the bees, the sycamore trees! Quietness of early morning & late afternoon; the Spring awakening, the Fall foliage.  

3. Sharing ....

4. Born/raised on Long Island (NY); business transfer to New England; home course is Cyprian Keyes in Boylston (MA).

5. Weather; variety of courses ....

6. Retired ....

7. It’s me ....

Driver:    :tour-edge: E523. Offset. A-Light. 12’

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1:  Big Bertha. A-Light. 16.0’

Hybrid:    :tour-edge:  E523. Offset. A-Light. 4H-22’

Hybrid:    :tour-edge:  E523. Offset. A-Light. 5H-25’

Irons:        :callaway-logo-1:  Big Bertha. A-Light. 6-7-8-9-PW-AW.

Wedge:    :cleveland-small: CBX-Zipcore. Wedge. 50’

Wedge:     :cleveland-small: CBX-Zipcore. Wedge. 54’

Putter:        :taylormade-small:Spider. Tour III

On 6/17/2019 at 8:49 PM, russtopherb said:

My wife's grandparents live there. Have only golfed the Nicklaus course but you'll like it. Great course and well maintained. Excited to try out the other one at some point.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone. My name is Matt and I'm from Wallingford, CT. Here are my answers. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing golf since I was about 10. I'm in my 40's now. It's always been just a recreational thing I've done with my dad. My current handicap is a 7.2. I typically shoot mid to low 80's and occasionally venture into the 70's. 

2. What do you love about golf? I love the a few things. I love the fact that it can never be perfected. There is always room for improvement. I also love the fact of being outdoors. Golf is relaxing for me. I don't get upset if things are going bad. I just love the experience. I also like the time I get to spend with friends and my father who is in his 70's. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I found this site by looking for info on current clubs. I revamped my bag a little this year and needed as much info as possible. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Wallingford, CT. I would consider Lyman Orchards Jones course my home track. I play there the most. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is the amount of golf courses in the area. The worst is my home course gets overplayed with fundraisers and other events making it hard to play there all the time 

6. What do you do for a living? I'm in Law Enforcement.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  ODU stands for Old Dominion University where I went. 

11 minutes ago, ODUMatt said:

Hello everyone. My name is Matt and I'm from Wallingford, CT. Here are my answers. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing golf since I was about 10. I'm in my 40's now. It's always been just a recreational thing I've done with my dad. My current handicap is a 7.2. I typically shoot mid to low 80's and occasionally venture into the 70's. 

2. What do you love about golf? I love the a few things. I love the fact that it can never be perfected. There is always room for improvement. I also love the fact of being outdoors. Golf is relaxing for me. I don't get upset if things are going bad. I just love the experience. I also like the time I get to spend with friends and my father who is in his 70's. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I found this site by looking for info on current clubs. I revamped my bag a little this year and needed as much info as possible. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Wallingford, CT. I would consider Lyman Orchards Jones course my home track. I play there the most. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is the amount of golf courses in the area. The worst is my home course gets overplayed with fundraisers and other events making it hard to play there all the time 

7. How’d you pick your user name?  ODU stands for Old Dominion University where I went. 

Welcome to Mygolfspy!

We're happy to have you here. You'll find there is a wealth of information throughout the forum and a great community of folks that are friendly and engaging.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I’m quite familiar with Wallingford. Do you play at Wallingford CC or venture to Hunter in Meriden?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Welcome to the forums!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

7 hours ago, Rickp said:

I’m quite familiar with Wallingford. Do you play at Wallingford CC or venture to Hunter in Meriden?

I've never played in Meriden. Is it any good? I have played Wallingford CC once a year or so ago. I've played The Farms a few times also. 

I've never played in Meriden. Is it any good? I have played Wallingford CC once a year or so ago. I've played The Farms a few times also. 

Hunter wasn’t bad when I left CT 8 years ago. Played Wallingford 1/2 dozen times each summer when it was still private. Most of the members I knew there have moved on.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1. How long have you been playing golf? I have been playing since I was 10 years old, that is 35 years of golf. What’s your handicap or normal score? My current handicap is a 0.8, but I fluctuate between a +1 and 2 handicap depending on how much time I practice my short game versus how much time I put into hitting the ball further.

2. What do you love about golf? Everything. I love waking up early and walking 18 holes of dew ridden fairways. I love tournaments and the preparation for them. I love the afternoon get in a few holes before dark days. I love equipment, I change my clubs at least once a year because I love seeing different ball flights and different feels. I love the people. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I have been listening to the podcast lately and I love how real they are. I like honest reflections and opinions. Do you already know any other Spies? No

4. Where are you from? I am from White River Jct. Vermont. What is your home course? Hanover Country Club right across the river in New Hampshire

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best part is the mild summers, not dealing with oppressive heat, but the worst part is definitely how long the winter is.

6. What do you do for a living? I am high school technology teacher and varsity golf coach.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It is our school mascot with golf added to it.

I look forward to contributing and learning from this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Well, I'm 57 and have been playing this game since I was 10. Didn't have a "country club" family, so I grew up playing munis and pasture courses in East Texas. Current handicap is 8.

2. What do you love about golf?

Primarily, the challenges. By challenges, I mean the course and the other players I meet there. Secondly, I am an admitted equipment junkie. I got into clubmaking and fitting back in the '80s and have been pretty absorbed in that ever since. Regrettably, I have a bad tendency to NOT get rid of anything.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I've been on WRX for 12 yrs and thought another discussion group would only add to the fun. I like the way MGS does their reviews also.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

Originally from East Texas, but currently Cumberland, RI. I am not a member of a club because my job requires me to travel extensively. New England courses I play on a regular basis are Granite Links, Pinehills, Cape Club Falmouth, Blackstone National, Redtail, Triggs, Newport National...... I play far more on the road than I do at home. Approximately 100 rounds a yr.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best thing is the courses are always lush and green. Worst thing is you almost never get any roll on your drives except in the driest of conditions. Can make a course play 500+ yds further than it's listing.

6. What do you do for a living?

National & International Sales. Travel all over the US, Canada and UK.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

It's my regular username.

BT

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone!

I’m a golfer from Maine - rare thing, but there are probably others out there.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I’ve been playing golf for nearly 30 years - started as a teenager in California.  I haven’t had an official handicap in years but generally shoot around 90.

2. What do you love about golf?

My favorite thing about golf is hitting the pure shot and being outdoors.  Just the one fabulous shot (or sometimes more) a round keeps me coming back.  That said, I used to love competing and getting better, but that's been on hold while I've been raising kids (that golf).  I'm hoping to get more serious golf time as the kids get older and I get a little more spare time back.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I've read the articles for years when looking at equipment purchases, but my reason for joining the forum is to get advice and hopefully support for a golf business I'm trying to start.  I don't know any other spies that I know of.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

My home course is Spring Meadows in Gray, Maine.  It’s really a gem in pretty rural Maine.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The worst thing about golf in my region is winter - tough to get any golf in.  The best is fall - the views of the foliage when on the course are just spectacular.

6. What do you do for a living?

I’m a software developer.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

My username is the name of my company - a domain I bought when I thought I would write some sort of Twitter app, but it ended up being a great name for a putting business that I’m working on.  

Thanks again and nice to meet you all.

Edited by Chirrp-Golf
readability/story

Hi Forum Members,

I just wanted to introduce myself.  Here is my profile.

I’m waiting for April to come around so I can start going to the range.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I started playing golf as an older adult about 25 year ago.  I did not keep an official handicap this year,

but my 2018 official GHIN was 17.0 and an online calculator has it as 16.8 for 2019.

- What do you love about golf?

There is a lot I love about golf.  I like the challenge of the game, being out and about on the course,

and of course, occasionally playing out of my mind and shooting par for a few holes in a row during the odd round.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I don’t know any other Spies. I started reading mygolfspy when I was looking for reviews on golf equipment.

I continue to read the website because I love the unbiased reviews.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I live just west of Boston.

I don’t have a home course.  I usually play Norton Country Club and Stow Acres North.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best - Variety of courses to choose from. Early fall golf, after the color of the leaves change but before they fall, is just great.

Worst - Winter off season.  I’m counting down the four long months before I can hit the range.  Indoor simulators are not the same.

What do you do for a living?

I retired this summer (2019).  I used to be in chemical research.

How’d you pick your user name?

I am a bogey or worse player.  I don’t have a negative image of a hacker, as long as we keep up with the group ahead.

I took lessons when I first stated playing but I have not taken any lessons since. My swing is my own - and Youtube’s.

I know that’s not a good thing.

I was able to play over 50 rounds in 2019, so I may look into getting some real lessons in 2020.

5 hours ago, BostonHackIt said:

I don’t have a home course.  I usually play Norton Country Club and Stow Acres North.

I learned to play at Stow Acres and at Twin Springs in Bolton - grew up in Harvard, live in Exeter, NH now. 

Seems like this would be the year to put together an outing - I know @GolfSpy Stroker is up for it! 😎

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I learned to play at Stow Acres and at Twin Springs in Bolton - grew up in Harvard, live in Exeter, NH now. 
Seems like this would be the year to put together an outing - I know [mention=64519]GolfSpy Stroker[/mention] is up for it! 

I’m in!

New England/boston/metrowest golfers - I know the options for swinging clubs are few and far between in the winter but if you're anywhere near Natick MA there is a range called KOHR golf that is open year round.  I've been a number of times and it's a great place to hit some balls!

SEASONS GREETINGS from KOHR Golf!!!

We wanted to update everyone around our winter hours and offerings.

We try our best to remain open throughout the off-season. The weather often prevents us from open, but do not hesitate to call the ball shack to check on our status.

Winter Hours:

12-5pm Weekdays
10-5pm Weekends

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

On 3/6/2019 at 9:54 AM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Welcome aboard!  I live next door in Franklin.... pics look like Pinehills and Granite Links?

I play mostly west of 495 and usually go southward also.  
Connecticut National
Blissful Meadows
Blackstone National

got a buddy who was born/raised in RI and lives in Franklin so we head down there sometimes.  Some good courses that way!

Played all 3..like them all..but think i like Connecticut National the best.....

On 3/8/2019 at 11:20 AM, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Played Butter Brook last year - loved it! Had a great round going until the triple on 18.  Really interesting course. I like courses that make you hit something other than driver on some of the holes...several short par 5's and a couple of reachable par 5's.

Cyprian Keys is maybe the quirkiest course I've played around here. Kind of course you have to play regularly to figure out. I'm with you - it's weird. 

Love the back 9 at Red Tail - hell, the front ain't bad, either.  I picked up some Spring BOGO's for Shaker Hills (good until May 31st)  and a bunch of $49 coupons for the Ledges in York, ME at the Golf Show. Hear really good things about that course.

Love Butter Brook!!!!!!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Driver   :bridgestone-small:     JGR 9.5 R Flex Adila 65        

3 Wood  :callaway-logo-1:            XR RFlex Fujikura Evolution

5 Wood :callaway-logo-1:            XR R Flex Project X 5.5                                     

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S                                                                                                                                      

50 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

New England/boston/metrowest golfers - I know the options for swinging clubs are few and far between in the winter but if you're anywhere near Natick MA there is a range called KOHR golf that is open year round.  I've been a number of times and it's a great place to hit some balls!

SEASONS GREETINGS from KOHR Golf!!!

We wanted to update everyone around our winter hours and offerings.

We try our best to remain open throughout the off-season. The weather often prevents us from open, but do not hesitate to call the ball shack to check on our status.

Winter Hours:

12-5pm Weekdays
10-5pm Weekends

I go to Sagamore in Hampton, NH - it's heated but is usually into the sun and you can lose your ball pretty quickly if you hit it at the wrong time of day. 

I asked the guy working there how they collect balls in the winter and he said by hand! If it's icy they actually dig into the ice to retrieve the balls - that's dedication.

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

And not for nuthin - the New England Golf Expo is in Boston Feb 28-Mar 1st. It's a decent local golf show and you can score some BOGO's at some nice courses.

Anyone interested in a MyGolfSpy trip to the show? Not a bad way to spend a wintry Saturday or Sunday...

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• 1 month later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’ve been playing most of my life, 30+ years. But, very sporadically for the past 10-15, no more than a handful of times per year. Just got back from my first buddies golf trip and got the bug again. Looking to log 40+ rounds this year. Handicap is at 13-14, and can be anywhere from mid/low 80s to mid 90s.

2. What do you love about golf? The camaraderie and competition (both internal and among friends), the feeling of a good shot.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Reviews

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Living in southern MA/Providence, RI area. No home course yet.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I haven’t played enough up here yet to know.

6. What do you do for a living? Real Estate Consultant

7. How’d you pick your user name? Used a name generator

13 minutes ago, KaiFoxtrot said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’ve been playing most of my life, 30+ years. But, very sporadically for the past 10-15, no more than a handful of times per year. Just got back from my first buddies golf trip and got the bug again. Looking to log 40+ rounds this year. Handicap is at 13-14, and can be anywhere from mid/low 80s to mid 90s.

2. What do you love about golf? The camaraderie and competition (both internal and among friends), the feeling of a good shot.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Living in southern MA/Providence, RI area. No home course yet.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I haven’t played enough up here yet to know.

Welcome! I'm just outside of New Bedford & there's a few other spies in the general area. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Welcome to the forums! I’m in Bellingham. Lots of good courses around this area!

Hello all!

Figured I would start my first reply on this introduction:

-I have been playing golf since I was about 12 (not seriously) few times a summer at par 3 courses with my dad. Did not seriously start playing until I was 24 (after I got out of the Navy. Bad decision because I had the opportunity to play at some really cool courses around the world and did not take advantage). My handicap currently is between a 7/8 normally scoring in the low 80's.

-My favorite thing about golf is that its the hardest sport I have played and its a constant drive to improve. Also the competition/comradery of helping each other to A) help each other get better and of course B) beating them.

-Joined a few months ago but have not been active, enjoy reading the reviews and would like to start doing them. I do know 1 other spy Bryan Pluta *B.Boston.

-I am from Bellingham, MA. home course is Maplegate CC. My favorite course in the area though is Highfields.

-My favorite things are definitly the landscape, cant get it anywhere else. Also the challenge. New England course=Tight. My least favorite is that you cant play all year up here of course!

-I am a facilities manager. I manage planned maintenance, annual budgeting, vendor support as well as any soft service (landscaping, housekeeping etc) for 3.5 million SQ. FT. of real estate.. End goal is to eventually manage a golf club/resort.

-Super original last name first initial.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Hello all!
Figured I would start my first reply on this introduction:
-I have been playing golf since I was about 12 (not seriously) few times a summer at par 3 courses with my dad. Did not seriously start playing until I was 24 (after I got out of the Navy. Bad decision because I had the opportunity to play at some really cool courses around the world and did not take advantage). My handicap currently is between a 7/8 normally scoring in the low 80's.
-My favorite thing about golf is that its the hardest sport I have played and its a constant drive to improve. Also the competition/comradery of helping each other to A) help each other get better and of course B) beating them.
-Joined a few months ago but have not been active, enjoy reading the reviews and would like to start doing them. I do know 1 other spy Bryan Pluta *B.Boston.
-I am from Bellingham, MA. home course is Maplegate CC. My favorite course in the area though is Highfields.
-My favorite things are definitly the landscape, cant get it anywhere else. Also the challenge. New England course=Tight. My least favorite is that you cant play all year up here of course!
-I am a facilities manager. I manage planned maintenance, annual budgeting, vendor support as well as any soft service (landscaping, housekeeping etc) for 3.5 million SQ. FT. of real estate.. End goal is to eventually manage a golf club/resort.
-Super original last name first initial.

Welcome bud. Now everyone knows who I like to beat!

*Occasionally* beat....swing speed is still higher....

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

*Occasionally* beat....swing speed is still higher....

Too bad you’re so steep into it, you could probably out drive me.

1. Came late to the sport, about 15 years ago. A ‘has been jock’ — played all the sports:  football, lacrosse, rugby in college; along with basketball, baseball  in high school (some tennis, then racquetball in my 30s).  Over the years, a litany of medical issues:  multiple shoulder separations & dislocations, bilateral total knee replacements, rotator cuff surgery. And, in the last year: cardiac work; gi-bowel surgeries & a hip replacement ... So, haven’t played since mid-September 2019. GHIN was 12.2 (typically, 80-100 rounds annually).

2. Individuality, self reliance - Never, really appreciated the ‘team’ aspect. 

3. Product reviews, possible testing opportunities.  No other acknowledged Spies  

4. Originally from NY (Long Island); attended Hofstra. Business wise, started in NYC - then transferred to Hawaii, back to NYC, then to Massachusetts in 1978 (divorced & remarried 15 years ago, living in Jefferson/Holden since). Home course is Cyprian Keyes (Boylston) since 2005.

5. Nothing good/bad ....

6. Retired.  Golf; ski (instructor); travel with ‘the best wife yet’ (Cozumel, Stowe, NYC, etc). 

7. Easy to remember  

Edited by MCMSR

Driver:    :tour-edge: E523. Offset. A-Light. 12’

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1:  Big Bertha. A-Light. 16.0’

Hybrid:    :tour-edge:  E523. Offset. A-Light. 4H-22’

Hybrid:    :tour-edge:  E523. Offset. A-Light. 5H-25’

Irons:        :callaway-logo-1:  Big Bertha. A-Light. 6-7-8-9-PW-AW.

Wedge:    :cleveland-small: CBX-Zipcore. Wedge. 50’

Wedge:     :cleveland-small: CBX-Zipcore. Wedge. 54’

Putter:        :taylormade-small:Spider. Tour III