GolfSpy MPR

New England: ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT

Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2019 at 11:03 AM, MadDad said:

General comment I find to be interesting, and pretty awesome... I don't think I've seen a single signature that doesn't include PING somewhere....

Mine wouldn't if I could get it to print unscrambled.

T-Less driver (13º)                  Epon AF-903 driving iron (20º)                                                                                        PRGR Model Q fairway metals (18, 23º)                                           

Miura CB-301 irons (25, 28, 32, 36, 40, 44, 48º)                 Edel Pincher wedge (53º)          Titleist SM7 wedge (58º)

Louisville Ambi-Dex putter

(all graphite except hickory shafted putter)

Top Flite Gamer ball

Edited by JuniperRocker

Hello everyone,

Here are my answers to the intro questions...

1.  I've been playing golf only about 21 years.  Started playing when I was about 26 years old.  My handicap is currently at around 13.

2. There are several things I love about golf.  I love that it's a sport that I can play for the rest of my life.  I love that my only real competition is myself... I'm always working to play better than I did the previous time.  I love being able to play around with friends and have a few beers while doing so.

3. I came to MyGolfSpy because after all these years I wanted to learn more about the equipment and what new tools might be useful for my game.  I don't think I know any other Spies, but I don't go around asking people if they're Spies either.

4. I'm from Western MA.  I grew up in Springfield and now live in a small town just east of Springfield.  I'm not a member of any course as I like to play as many different courses as possible, but I tend to play at Cold Spring CC and Westover Municipal GC most often.

5. Best thing about golf in my region, is that there are a lot of courses available to play.  I could play every day for two weeks straight and not have to play the same course twice.  The worst thing (and it probably applies to everyone on this New England forum) is the fact that for 4 - 6 months per year it's too cold and there's too much snow to be able to play.

6.  I'm a Project Manager for a living.

7.  My user name was easy to pick, it's my first name.  Although my friends just call me Ray.

• Like 1

My amazing wife got me a twosome at Pinehills in Plymouth MA for Father's Day, so I'll be taking my dad out for a round there. Most likely going to play the Nicklaus course, maybe wait until early September so the heat doesn't hit my dad too hard. I can't wait!

• Like 4

My amazing wife got me a twosome at Pinehills in Plymouth MA for Father's Day, so I'll be taking my dad out for a round there. Most likely going to play the Nicklaus course, maybe wait until early September so the heat doesn't hit my dad too hard. I can't wait!

Love that place. Both courses are amazing! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On 2/11/2019 at 5:11 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

1. Not counting the ‘hacking’ around as a kid nor the infrequent business functions, started playing about 25-30 years ago when the oldest son expressed interest - then, more seriously about 15 years ago. Over the last 3-4 years, GHIN has moved from 10 up to 16  

2. The birds, the bees, the sycamore trees! Quietness of early morning & late afternoon; the Spring awakening, the Fall foliage.  

3. Sharing ....

4. Born/raised on Long Island (NY); business transfer to New England; home course is Cyprian Keyes in Boylston (MA).

5. Weather; variety of courses ....

6. Retired ....

7. It’s me ....

On 6/17/2019 at 8:49 PM, russtopherb said:

My wife's grandparents live there. Have only golfed the Nicklaus course but you'll like it. Great course and well maintained. Excited to try out the other one at some point.

• Like 1