GolfSpy MPR

New England: ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT

Our Sponsors

Posted (edited)

Welcome! I to enjoy reading the posts on here. Gives some good insight without reading golf digest pros lol @Brogan

Edited by Lacassem

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal:

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g

:adams-small: 2H & 4H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

On 2/29/2020 at 1:18 PM, Brogan said:

On 2/8/2020 at 7:49 AM, KaiFoxtrot said:

1. Where are you from? What is your home course? Living in southern MA/Providence, RI area. No home course yet.

I am from the area as well. What are some of the courses you enjoy? I don’t get to RI often 

• Like 1

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

On 2/11/2019 at 5:11 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:
On 2/11/2019 at 5:11 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:
  • How long have you been playing golf?

• 28 years

• What’s your handicap or normal score?

• What do you love about golf?

• decompression from life’s stresses 

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy?

• Looking at reviews and google lead me to this forum

• Do you already know any other Spies?

• No

• Where are you from? What is your home course?

• don’t really have one , I travel to play

• I live in Norwood MA

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? 

• best, summer time conditions. Fast play compared to where I played regularly in Los Angeles 🤦‍♂️ 

• What do you do for a living?

• Construction

• How’d you pick your user name?

• I don’t play much being I have 2 young children and work obligations, so I sneak off to the driving range when possible 

Good morning Golfspy members. I’ve been a fan of this site for a while and finally decided to join the conversation, and hopefully provide valuable input to the topics I have experience with. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I began playing when I was 10 and played a while while a was young and competed is youth tournaments. Once school sports started that soon went away and I only golfed occasionally in the off season. About 4 years ago I picked it back up and haven’t stopped since. I play near 20 rounds a season and use indoor golf sims in the winter. My handicap is currently 12.

2. What do you love about golf?

I love the challenge that every round provides. There is both a real physical side and a real mental side to the game. Thinking my way through a hole has always been a fun challenge. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

like most I was looking for honest opinions on golf equipment and found this website and fell in love with the content and the podcasts. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

though I am originally from Tennessee, I have been living in Maine for the last 10 years.  In particular I live in southern Maine (Scarborough). My home course, although I am not a member this year, is Nonesuch River Golf Club in Scarborough. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

the best is that the summer climate is very temperate there is not a crazy hot and dry season like you find in summer down south. The worst thing is obviously that the golf season is relatively short. It starts late due to melting snow and is cut off early due to freezing temps/snow again.

6. What do you do for a living?

I work for a medical compound company Called Compounding Solutions. I am an engineer at the company and I manage the workflow of our medical
 Compounding production and provide engineering support to the production floor when needed. 

• Like 2

Good morning Golfspy members. I’ve been a fan of this site for a while and finally decided to join the conversation, and hopefully provide valuable input to the topics I have experience with. 

I began playing when I was 10 and played a while while a was young and competed is youth tournaments. Once school sports started that soon went away and I only golfed occasionally in the off season. About 4 years ago I picked it back up and haven’t stopped since. I play near 20 rounds a season and use indoor golf sims in the winter. My handicap is currently 12.

I love the challenge that every round provides. There is both a real physical side and a real mental side to the game. Thinking my way through a hole has always been a fun challenge. 

like most I was looking for honest opinions on golf equipment and found this website and fell in love with the content and the podcasts. 

though I am originally from Tennessee, I have been living in Maine for the last 10 years.  In particular I live in southern Maine (Scarborough). My home course, although I am not a member this year, is Nonesuch River Golf Club in Scarborough. 

the best is that the summer climate is very temperate there is not a crazy hot and dry season like you find in summer down south. The worst thing is obviously that the golf season is relatively short. It starts late due to melting snow and is cut off early due to freezing temps/snow again.

I work for a medical compound company Called Compounding Solutions. I am an engineer at the company and I manage the workflow of our medical Compounding production and provide engineering support to the production floor when needed. 

Welcome to the forums!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4:  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Tensei Pro White 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? - I have been playing golf for about 14 years now, and my average score hovers right around 80. 

2. What do you love about golf? - The challenge. Golf can be pretty humbling. It is also quite the puzzle. Each shot, good or bad, leads to the next challenge. There is something about tinkering and always trying to get better that I enjoy - even if it leads to a frustrating existence. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? - I don't know any other golf Spies yet, but am excited to meet folks and interact! As far as what brings me to MyGolfSpy, I would say it goes back to what I said in my answer to the first question. I love tinkering and trying new things, and I want to learn about all golf/equipment related topics from a group of people that are as passionate about it as I am, so that I am educated along the way. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? - I grew up in Southeastern, CT, so my home course for most of my life was Pequot Golf Course  in Stonington, CT. These days I technically consider Lake Of Isles golf course home, but I play all over MA, and RI.  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - I'd say the access to different types of terrains, and layouts is unique. You can play inland on tree protected courses, up in the mountains the next day, or playing on a course that is exposed to the ocean. As much as inclement weather builds character on the golf course, I just wish the weather allowed us to golf year round. 

6. What do you do for a living? - I am a recruiter for a global modern business and tech consulting firm. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? - Honestly, it was simple, and the first thing that came to mind. 

• Like 1

Hey everyone!! First time post here! Always looking to play... I'm in SE Mass, so anywhere around there is great! 

1. How long have you been playing golf? I've been playing golf since 2006 (approximately) originally I just was at the driving range hammering away at a driver for hours! lol I got into the game for the first couple actual rounds of golf during that year and fell in love. I play as much as possible now! 

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? My handicap is a 6.0 right now. Ended last season @ 5.7 but played a couple bad rounds in Phoenix, went on a buddies trip to the waste management, what a week! 

3. What do you love about golf? I love everything about it, I love the competitiveness the most, not necessarily with the playing competitors but with myself, when i'm out there playing i'm just trying to be better than i was the last round. It is a sport you can get very good at, but somedays you will get beaten by the course like its your first round out there. 

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? MGS was a site that popped up when I was looking for a new driver, I'm erratic AF off the tee with a driver in my hands, so I was looking for most forgiving, most likely for you to hit it straighter, anything to help me get off the tee! lol  I love the unbiased reviews, and the honesty. I like to tinker with clubs and recently just got back into it, so I love the breakdowns of all the "New" tech that gets reused a lot, and i love the new product updates.

5. Do you already know any other Spies? know a lot of my friends read MGS, but I don't think i've met anyone strictly through this website.  

6. Where are you from? I'm originally from Bridgewater, Massachusetts... I live in Dighton, Ma now. 

7. What is your home course? My home course, new member this year (COVID-19 shut us down) is Norton Country Club

8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Golf courses are GORGEOUS, all different designs & locations to choose from.  The WORST thing about my region is WINTER. 

9. What do you do for a living? I work for a General Contractor doing trade shows, we're always busy, but at the moment COVID-19 has shut us completely down until further notice (august) 

10. How’d you pick your user name? I run a traveling golf league in Massachusetts, it was actually started in New Hampshire by one of my buddies, the name of the league is Live Free Golf (NH State Motto).  Easy username choice! 

• Like 1

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9* - HZRDS Yellow 65g X

:ping-small:  G410 Crossover - 17* 2i - Alta CB 70x

:callaway-small:   X-Forged 18 - PX6.5 - 2*UP - "Standard" Length & Lofts

:vokey-small:  SM7 Wedges - 50* - 54* - 60* 

:taylormade-small: TP Patina Series Del Mar - 35" - 2* Loft - 70* Lie

:bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Hey everyone!! First time post here! Always looking to play... I'm in SE Mass, so anywhere around there is great! 

1. How long have you been playing golf? I've been playing golf since 2006 (approximately) originally I just was at the driving range hammering away at a driver for hours! lol I got into the game for the first couple actual rounds of golf during that year and fell in love. I play as much as possible now! 

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? My handicap is a 6.0 right now. Ended last season @ 5.7 but played a couple bad rounds in Phoenix, went on a buddies trip to the waste management, what a week! 

3. What do you love about golf? I love everything about it, I love the competitiveness the most, not necessarily with the playing competitors but with myself, when i'm out there playing i'm just trying to be better than i was the last round. It is a sport you can get very good at, but somedays you will get beaten by the course like its your first round out there. 

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? MGS was a site that popped up when I was looking for a new driver, I'm erratic AF off the tee with a driver in my hands, so I was looking for most forgiving, most likely for you to hit it straighter, anything to help me get off the tee! lol  I love the unbiased reviews, and the honesty. I like to tinker with clubs and recently just got back into it, so I love the breakdowns of all the "New" tech that gets reused a lot, and i love the new product updates.

5. Do you already know any other Spies? I know a lot of my friends read MGS, but I don't think i've met anyone strictly through this website.  

6. Where are you from? I'm originally from Bridgewater, Massachusetts... I live in Dighton, Ma now. 

7. What is your home course? My home course, new member this year (COVID-19 shut us down) is Norton Country Club

8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Golf courses are GORGEOUS, all different designs & locations to choose from.  The WORST thing about my region is WINTER. 

9. What do you do for a living? I work for a General Contractor doing trade shows, we're always busy, but at the moment COVID-19 has shut us completely down until further notice (august) 

10. How’d you pick your user name? I run a traveling golf league in Massachusetts, it was actually started in New Hampshire by one of my buddies, the name of the league is Live Free Golf (NH State Motto).  Easy username choice! 

Welcome to the forums!

• Like 2

:cobra-small: KING MIM 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

On 3/21/2020 at 9:42 AM, STerry147 said:

I work for a medical compound company Called Compounding Solutions. I am an engineer at the company and I manage the workflow of our medical
 Compounding production and provide engineering support to the production floor when needed. 

Welcome! How do you like the Maine courses? I have been going there camping since I was an infant and golfing as a teenager-now. Great courses and even better lakes!

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

10 minutes ago, Live Free Golf MA said:

5. Do you already know any other Spies? know a lot of my friends read MGS, but I don't think i've met anyone strictly through this website.  

Welcome! I’m bridgewater have you played the links style course there (think it’s bridgewater anyway?) always good to see local folks.

• Like 1

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

Welcome! I’m bridgewater have you played the links style course there (think it’s bridgewater anyway?) always good to see local folks.

Old Scotland links I think is the course name if it’s the one I’m thinking of. I’ve been wanting to take a trip down there.

15 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Old Scotland links I think is the course name if it’s the one I’m thinking of. I’ve been wanting to take a trip down there.

Same

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

I've been paying golf for 4 years now with this being my second year taking it seriously. My handicap is a 30.4 with my score being around 100 and have broken 100 4 times now.

2.What do you love about golf?

I love the challenge, golf is physically challenging but even more so mental. I love that the goal in a single round is different for everybody and no matter how good or bad you are the game is still hard. I love that a scratch golfer can play with a 32 handicap and the game will be competitive. 

I hear about MyGolfSpy all the time for the ball and driver testing along with the testers wanted section. I follow MyGolfSpy on instagram and love the podcast clips.

4.Where are you from? What is your home course?

I'm from Eastern CT and Foster Country Club is my home course.

5.What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best is the seasons. You can play in all weather types from march to october and can eve play during the winter at some small local courses. The worst thing is the cold. As good as it is to play a lot, playing in the cold can be miserable. 

I go to ECSU full time and work at a nursing home as a cook supervisor. 

7. How’d you pick your user name?

It's my last name with my lucky number and HS graduation year

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Same

Yah it is called Olde Scotland Links. 

I'd suggest playing during the week, IMO they overbook on the weekends, makes for some slow rounds! 

• Like 2

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9* - HZRDS Yellow 65g X

:ping-small:  G410 Crossover - 17* 2i - Alta CB 70x

:callaway-small:   X-Forged 18 - PX6.5 - 2*UP - "Standard" Length & Lofts

:vokey-small:  SM7 Wedges - 50* - 54* - 60* 

:taylormade-small: TP Patina Series Del Mar - 35" - 2* Loft - 70* Lie

:bridgestone-small: Tour BX

1 hour ago, Live Free Golf MA said:

Yah it is called Olde Scotland Links. 

I'd suggest playing during the week, IMO they overbook on the weekends, makes for some slow rounds! 

Good insight thank you will keep that in mind

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

Hi,

I'm looking forward to being an MGS member after being an interested onlooker for quite a while.

1.) I've been playing golf for ~40 years  Dabbled with the game for quite a while but It's been my #1 sports focus for the last 25 years+.

2.) I love the fact that golf is a game that you never master and there's always things you want to improve on.

3.) I've enjoyed MGS for a while as an onlooker - with lots of great information on equipment, courses and other interesting aspects of the game.

4.) I grew up in Boston and now live in Central MA.

5.) The best thing about golf in New England IMO is the classic design of many of the older courses, e.g. Donald Ross courses are all over this region from his pre-Pinehurst days.  The worst thing would be our long winter season.

6.) I'm retired now but I spent most of my career is sales management in the technology space.

7.) Not much explanation needed 🙂 

• Like 2

Hi,
I'm looking forward to being an MGS member after being an interested onlooker for quite a while.
1.) I've been playing golf for ~40 years  Dabbled with the game for quite a while but It's been my #1 sports focus for the last 25 years+.
2.) I love the fact that golf is a game that you never master and there's always things you want to improve on.
3.) I've enjoyed MGS for a while as an onlooker - with lots of great information on equipment, courses and other interesting aspects of the game.
5.) The best thing about golf in New England IMO is the classic design of many of the older courses, e.g. Donald Ross courses are all over this region from his pre-Pinehurst days.  The worst thing would be our long winter season.
6.) I'm retired now but I spent most of my career is sales management in the technology space.
7.) Not much explanation needed  

Welcome to the forums! What are some of your favorites out in central MA? Furthest west I’ve been is probably Kettle Brook and Wachusett CC.

2 hours ago, MAgolfer said:

Hi,

7.) Not much explanation needed 🙂 

Welcome to the forum and glad ya posted here for New England area! Same as @B.Boston What’s your favorite courses around? Mine for sure is highfields CC and the central mass area is my preferred area of play

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

1.  How long have you been playing golf?

What's your handicap or normal score?   I've been playing golf for 51 years and over that 51 years have been as low as a 3 handicap and am currently a 15.

2.  What do you love about golf?

The camaraderie and skill needed to play the game successfully, and the joy of communing with nature.

3. What brings you to MyuGolfSpy? Do you already know amen other Spies?

I like reading and knowing first hand info about equipment. One of my playing partners put me on to you two or three years ago.

4. Where are you from? Where do you play?

I live in Casco, Maine, and my home course is Poland Spring Country Club where I have played since 1974.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf inn your region?

No matter where you are, if you're playing golf, there's nothing bad about it unless play is really slow. One really bad thing up here is the 5 month winter hiatus from the game ever year.

I'm a high school and college coach.

7. How'd you pick your name? 

Email address.

I’ve been playing golf since 2004.

Love the extreme challenge that golf presents to you. Not an easy game to master. Also, love the fact you our outside in fresh air, the views and landscapes.

Mygolfspy has the best reviews and knowledge about equipment out there.

I live in Hamden, CT. My home course is Laurel View CC. 

Best thing about my home course is that it tries to stay open all year. This year has been the best in years with the mild winter we had. Usually, my major complaint is the weather. Can’t say that this year. 

I am a Physical therapist assistant in a hospital. Challenging atmosphere at the present time due to Covid-19 virus.

My user name comes from my favorite movie 

• Like 1