TESTERS WANTED! ×

Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1 minute ago, Shankster said:

After driving through DC. I’ll take it. That place is a nightmare.

Ha. Yeah it can be pretty crazy there.  

Already doing site seeing in your first week?  Don't tell me GPS too you through DC 😳

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

After driving through DC. I’ll take it. That place is a nightmare.

One of the few places I refuse to drive through haha. Welcome to the “area”. I get down to MD and golf every now and then. Hopefully we’ll be able to get out for a round!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Hey everyone,

I've been playing about 25 years.  My usual scores range from 78-84 depending largely on my putting.

I love the stress relief I get when playing or just hitting balls at the range and getting outside after a long week in the office.

I was drawn to MGS due to my interest in clubs, club testing, product development and new gear.

I live in Bucks County, PA.  I don't belong to a club but play mostly at Makefield Highlands

I think my user name is self describing.

Thanks.

Hey everyone,
I've been playing about 25 years.  My usual scores range from 78-84 depending largely on my putting.

I love the stress relief I get when playing or just hitting balls at the range and getting outside after a long week in the office.

I was drawn to MGS due to my interest in clubs, club testing, product development and new gear.

I live in Bucks County, PA.  I don't belong to a club but play mostly at Makefield Highlands

Thanks.

With a screen name like that you’ll fit right in! I’m just outside of Harrisburg. If you’re ever down my way let me know!

On 7/1/2019 at 9:45 AM, Needmoreclubs said:

Hey everyone,

Thanks.

Welcome.  Get a full profile setup and be active around the forums and good testing opportunities may come your way. 

Also keep an eye out here for a possible local outing later this month. 

On 6/23/2019 at 6:59 PM, shawndabo said:

New member here from Ocean View Delaware.

I played as kid but took the last 15-20 years off. Multiple surgeries kept me out. Started back up a few months ago and hit everyday in the garage or backyard when I don't get a chance to go to the course.

I found My Golf Spy via Instagram, I have been addicted to golf recently and have been looking at as much information as I can find. 

I live in the Ocean View Delaware area, we are very lucky to have many courses in the area including many in Ocean City MD that are just minutes away. Only issue is the traffic and increased crowds when the weather is nice. 

I work as an Ecommerce Manager for a large Marine dealer. 

My username is just the combination of my first and middle name. 

Hell yeah!!!!!!!  Another Delaware golfer!!!!!!!  Welcome from Dover!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

July 27th for me but that's not a definite.  I just got back from Jamaica tonight, then in a week and a half I am heading down to Pinehurst so I am not sure of the 27th.  August would be better for me personally, but don't let that stop you!  My vote would be Bulle Rock if it's only $10 bucks more, however Bulle Rock is a much harder course then White Clay Creek.  Just my two cents.

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

I know i'm a little late to this discussion but I'd be out for the 27/28. We leave for Boston the night of the 25th then up to Maine after that. 

Hi all;

After lurking for a while and having google searches always bring me here, I’ve decided to sign up and see if I can offer even a sliver of the community , opinion, and insight that I have passively benefited from in my travels here.  

So, the questionnaire:

1. How long have you been playing golf?

• Started chip n putt as a teen, then weed and other pastimes took priority.  Fast forward to late 20’s picked up playing again briefly - hacking with no lessons.  Then nothing for about 15 years.  Then about 3 years ago picked it up seriously again with lessons, driving range visits, etc.  I think that’s when i really had a desire to improve.  

2. What’s your handicap or normal score?

• not official, but according to apps -  20 handicap.  Normal score varies  between low 90s and 100s.  This year, for the first time I seem to be regularly under 100.   

3. What do you love about golf?

• Hitting a shot perfectly provides a sensation like no other.  I like walking on the course because it gives me an opportunity to slow down a bit.  When I’m in the right frame of mind - it’s relaxing.  On a superficial level, I like the clothing.  I love old golf clubs and bags. I am very interested in old course architecture.  I live in an area with many old country clubs and public courses and I am somewhat fascinated by how these places came about, and will change (or not) to suit changing tastes, economies etc.  I love figuring out the best shots on a particular hole/course given my ability and where I need to put the ball.  I’d rather have to go around a dog-leg and over some water for 190 yards rather than just rocket something 700 yards (which I don’t have a strong distance game anyways).    Finally, a bunch of strangers can converse about golf and other things when they are put together on a Sunday morning. (This can be a good or bad depending).  

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• I’m always led here by google searches, I saw a YouTube Tester video, then watched a “No Putts Given” YouTube episode. I do not know other Spies, but would be interested in getting acquainted with others in the Philadelphia area.  

5. Where are you from? What is your home course?

• Philadelphia PA.  I don’t currently have a membership anywhere so I play public’s.  The course that is closest to me is FDR in south philadelphia.  A bit tattered, but it’s 6 minutes from home, so tends to be my default after-work course.  Bala is the closest private club, but since I play primarily after work. - traveling there in rush hour traffic seems counterintuitive to the many reasons I play.  There is a NJ muni called Pennsauken that I like - it’s proximity to my home is reasonable.  I also play a bit on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Blue Heron, Hog Neck, etc.  I try to avoid weekend play because the crowds and the pace of play tend to diminish the experience for me.  There are many public courses in the Philadelphia area and I am very lucky to have a long list of choices.   I’d be interested in where other local Spies play.   

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• best: choices/variety/abundance/historically significant designs/long season/large community of golf enthusiasts 
  • worst: economic forces closing clubs/crowds/

7: What do you do for a living?

• I work to live, not live to work, so for funding my living I make my way as a Heathcare Information Services Clinical Systems Analyst.  Basically, I work while thinking about retiring and playing golf and sailing.  

8. How’d you pick your user name?

• My first snowboard was a Sims, and my name is Jim and they rhyme, and 215 was my Bell Telephone area code - for those that remember phones that were attached to walls 😎.  SimsJim215

a pleasure to be here!  Thanks.  

Edited by Simsjim

On 6/24/2019 at 11:31 PM, tchat07 said:

July 27/28 would be best for me I'll actually be visiting Delaware that weekend so I'm sure I'd be closer to the action then good ol Frederick.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I grew up in Frederick! TJ kid here

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

:callaway-small: Rogue 3W

:cobra-small: King F7 5W

Sub70 939 3H

Lynx Black Cat //:cobra-small: King F8 5i-GW 

:ping-small: Tour-S 54*/12*

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

Tommy Armour 303 Milled Habanero 

On 7/4/2019 at 10:59 PM, ballplayer002003 said:

July 27th for me but that's not a definite.  I just got back from Jamaica tonight, then in a week and a half I am heading down to Pinehurst so I am not sure of the 27th.  August would be better for me personally, but don't let that stop you!  My vote would be Bulle Rock if it's only $10 bucks more, however Bulle Rock is a much harder course then White Clay Creek.  Just my two cents.

19 hours ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

I know i'm a little late to this discussion but I'd be out for the 27/28. We leave for Boston the night of the 25th then up to Maine after that. 

Ok, I'm thinking maybe looking at Aug 3/4 as time is slipping away and creeping up on me.  But toally open to most anything. 

3 hours ago, Simsjim said:

Hi all;

After lurking for a while and having google searches always bring me here, I’ve decided to sign up and see if I can offer even a sliver of the community , opinion, and insight that I have passively benefited from in my travels here.  

So, the questionnaire:

1. How long have you been playing golf?

• Started chip n putt as a teen, then weed and other pastimes took priority.  Fast forward to late 20’s picked up playing again briefly - hacking with no lessons.  Then nothing for about 15 years.  Then about 3 years ago picked it up seriously again with lessons, driving range visits, etc.  I think that’s when i really had a desire to improve.  

2. What’s your handicap or normal score?

• not official, but according to apps -  20 handicap.  Normal score varies  between low 90s and 100s.  This year, for the first time I seem to be regularly under 100.   

3. What do you love about golf?

• Hitting a shot perfectly provides a sensation like no other.  I like walking on the course because it gives me an opportunity to slow down a bit.  When I’m in the right frame of mind - it’s relaxing.  On a superficial level, I like the clothing.  I love old golf clubs and bags. I am very interested in old course architecture.  I live in an area with many old country clubs and public courses and I am somewhat fascinated by how these places came about, and will change (or not) to suit changing tastes, economies etc.  I love figuring out the best shots on a particular hole/course given my ability and where I need to put the ball.  I’d rather have to go around a dog-leg and over some water for 190 yards rather than just rocket something 700 yards (which I don’t have a strong distance game anyways).    Finally, a bunch of strangers can converse about golf and other things when they are put together on a Sunday morning. (This can be a good or bad depending).  

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• I’m always led here by google searches, I saw a YouTube Tester video, then watched a “No Putts Given” YouTube episode. I do not know other Spies, but would be interested in getting acquainted with others in the Philadelphia area.  

5. Where are you from? What is your home course?

• Philadelphia PA.  I don’t currently have a membership anywhere so I play public’s.  The course that is closest to me is FDR in south philadelphia.  A bit tattered, but it’s 6 minutes from home, so tends to be my default after-work course.  Bala is the closest private club, but since I play primarily after work. - traveling there in rush hour traffic seems counterintuitive to the many reasons I play.  There is a NJ muni called Pennsauken that I like - it’s proximity to my home is reasonable.  I also play a bit on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Blue Heron, Hog Neck, etc.  I try to avoid weekend play because the crowds and the pace of play tend to diminish the experience for me.  There are many public courses in the Philadelphia area and I am very lucky to have a long list of choices.   I’d be interested in where other local Spies play.   

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• best: choices/variety/abundance/historically significant designs/long season/large community of golf enthusiasts 
  • worst: economic forces closing clubs/crowds/

7: What do you do for a living?

• I work to live, not live to work, so for funding my living I make my way as a Heathcare Information Services Clinical Systems Analyst.  Basically, I work while thinking about retiring and playing golf and sailing.  

8. How’d you pick your user name?

• My first snowboard was a Sims, and my name is Jim and they rhyme, and 215 was my Bell Telephone area code - for those that remember phones that were attached to walls 😎.  SimsJim215

a pleasure to be here!  Thanks.  

Welcome!   Great post and info.   glad you decided to jump in and join us. 

Hope to see you around the forums, lots of great conversation going on with lots of topics. 

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Ok, I'm thinking maybe looking at Aug 3/4 as time is slipping away and creeping up on me.  But toally open to most anything. 

Hi.  I was thinking about of day of golf on 08/04 to celebrate my b-day.  Could be a good mixer.  LOL.

2 hours ago, Simsjim said:

Hi.  I was thinking about of day of golf on 08/04 to celebrate my b-day.  Could be a good mixer.  LOL.

Golf on your birthday is always a great way to spend it!   We'll keep an eye on that date!

I won't be able to make any of those dates. Could probably do July 20 but I'll bet that's too quick of a turnaround. Could also try for 3/4 August. The earlier a date could be set, the better for SWMBO. 

But also, no need to plan around me. If you guys get something together on another day, have fun!!

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

3 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

I won't be able to make any of those dates. Could probably do July 20 but I'll bet that's too quick of a turnaround. Could also try for 3/4 August. The earlier a date could be set, the better for SWMBO. 

But also, no need to plan around me. If you guys get something together on another day, have fun!!

Yeah, i mentioned above 8/3 or 8/4 could work. 

So lets get a room temperature on either of those dates from everybody. 

1. I have been playing golf since I was in Jr. High, about 82. Mom signed my brothers and I up for the youth program at South Hills Golf Club in Hanover, Pa. I currently play in a Monday night 2 man league in which my handicap fluctuates between 5-7 for nine.

2. Every round provides for opportunity to improve. Much like life there are frustrations but every round there is always those shots, you know the 30 footer, or the amazing approach shot, just like life when things work out like you you know, your kids born, every anniversary, you get the raise you deserve..... you get the idea.

3. I know nothing, or no one I saw an ad and checked it out.

4. York, Pa.  I play mostly at Briarwood Golf Club 

5. We have alot of courses within an hour drive a bet 50 or more prices are reasonable.

6. I Teach. 

7. Name of a song from a band I listened to when I was younger.

1. I have been playing golf since I was in Jr. High, about 82. Mom signed my brothers and I up for the youth program at South Hills Golf Club in Hanover, Pa. I currently play in a Monday night 2 man league in which my handicap fluctuates between 5-7 for nine.

2. Every round provides for opportunity to improve. Much like life there are frustrations but every round there is always those shots, you know the 30 footer, or the amazing approach shot, just like life when things work out like you you know, your kids born, every anniversary, you get the raise you deserve..... you get the idea.

5. We have alot of courses within an hour drive a bet 50 or more prices are reasonable.

6. I Teach. 

Welcome!! I’m about a 35 minute trip from you on I-83. I play a lot in the York area and occasionally get up to Briarwood or The Bridges. Welcome to MGS!

6. I Teach. 

What/where do you teach?

On 7/12/2019 at 3:19 PM, tchat07 said:

No way I went to Tuscarora

Awesome. I graduated 2010, played lacrosse and hockey. I'm no longer there, but go back for the Frederick Fair every once in a while!

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

Sub70 939 3H

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

20 hours ago, tchat07 said:

Haha small world for sure I had gotten out but it sucked me right back in. What courses did you play around here?

It's been a long time since I've played in Frederick, but generally I would play Glade Valley or sneak on to Holly Hills for a few holes

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

Sub70 939 3H

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

Hi everyone. My name is Matt Keener. AKA MattaWayne lol. I've been playing golf for the majority of my life, I've found its really soothing and just being outside in the fresh air is great. I've been looking all over for forums that may help me improve my game. I'm very excited to be a part of this community.

In my research I've came across a video on youtube that helped me get started. I'd like everyone to take a few minutes and view this video. I've got some very useful information from it and honestly, picked up on some things I would've never thought of.

Really guys, if you have a minute, simply click the link below and you'll be taken straight to the instructional video. Thank you Everyone!

https://dausel.co/niMXof

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all I'm Matt from Mechanicsville, VA (Richmond area).

1. I have been golfing since I was 13, so just over 23 years now. I haven't had a handicap in the past 2 years but previous to that I was a 10-12. I typically shoot in the low 90's and hoping to get back down to the mid 80's. 

2. I love that golf brings people together. I love that no matter how good or how bad you are, you can go out and have fun with friends. I also love that it's the only sport that you compete against yourself.

3. I have been a lurker for a couple years, and decided to jump in and possibly meet some new golf buddies since I only have a couple here in the Richmond area, and to hopefully get my game back going to where I want it with tips etc. I do not know any other spies as of yet.

4. I'm from Mechanicsville, VA near Richmond. I don't have a home course I play all over the place from VA Beach out to Charlottesville, and up towards Fredericksburg.

5. The best thing is that it's affordable at most places. The worst thing is there aren't enough courses close enough. Have to drive a half hour to play a decent course, and that I can't play year round.

6. I work for the IRS. I'm in IT though, so don't hate me. I hate taxes like you and think taxation is theft.

7. My last name is Alt, first name is Matt, and in High School an old science teacher called me Alternator, and others started calling me Maltenator (minus the r) and it stuck, so I use it for a lot of things.

Edited by Maltenator
  •  SUN_MOUNTAIN_LOGO_ORANGE.jpg.a9d08a3a8868c113b375e59d107b307c.jpg C130 USA bag 
  • Driver - th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0811XF - Tensei Ck Orange - 65 G Stiff
  • 3 Wood - tm.jpg.b933503b8a6713406bcc109c48c76358.jpg M6 - Tensei CK Orange - 65 G Stiff
  • 19*  & 22* Hybrids -  tm.jpg.b933503b8a6713406bcc109c48c76358.jpg M6 - Tensei CK Orange - 82 G Stiff
  • Irons & Wedges- th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0211 5-PW, GW, SW, LW 45*. 50*, 54*, 60* - True Temper Elevate Tour 117 G Stiff
  • All wrapped in th6BYKY06U.jpg.498f835a9186e145cfd65f634529351e.jpgStandard Gray/Red Dri-Tacs
  • Putter - th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg - Mustang - 33" - thSW15O8UF.jpg.640464f71a82ecf5f3ea6385b212dea0.jpg 5.0 FATSO
  • Ball - tm.jpg.b933503b8a6713406bcc109c48c76358.jpg TP5
  • Tracked with untitled.png.d513b27db44b0030705a36f1ae5b2a97.pngV2
  • I'm a righty from Mechanicsville, VA (Richmond Area)