Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

Hello, MyGolfSpy!  My name is Michael Kussoff and I am a golf professional, researcher, and instructor here in Philadelphia.  I specialize in the full swing and my business - Anchors and Angles Golf - is based off of an independent study I did on the impact positions of World Long Drive competitors in their most successful attempts in competition.  I have been playing golf for about 20 years and graduated from Penn State's PGA Golf management program in 2016.  I participated in postgraduate studies through Penn State as well, researching the Biomechanics of Golf.  I have been in the golf industry for 12 years and my most notable work experience in the private golf industry was at Shinnecock Hills and Fishers Island Club in Fishers Island, NY.  I completed my final internship at Shinnecock Hills and was a golf professional at Fishers Island.  I have also competed in bodybuilding at a national level at the 2015 Europa Bodybuilding show in Atlantic City, NJ while I was on my internship at Hidden Creek Golf Club.  I have also begun a research collaboration with Mike Mann of Python Optics in Salt Lake City, UT- where we tested rhythmic breathing patterns and the effect they had on focus of the eye (using Optical Tracking Technology) under stressful vs. non-stressful situations.  

1. I have been playing golf for 20 years and I am a scratch golfer.

2. I love golf period.  It has taken me places I would have never dreamed as a child and has made me the man I am today.  Golf defines me and I am so grateful for it.

3. I wanted to join MyGolfSpy to absorb more profound and truthful content outside the realm of social media as I find myself absorbing less intelligent golf content there.  I do not know other spies yet.

4. I am from Honesdale, PA - Home of 1959 Masters Champion - Art Wall Jr. I also grew up playing at Honesdale Golf Club which is a 9-hole semi-private course.

5. The best thing about golf in the Philadelphia area is the abundance of quality golf, but I feel as though some of the courses have the same characteristics.

6. I am a golf instructor, researcher, and professional that is getting involved in a few businesses on the side as well.

7. Coach Koose - A lot of my friends call me "Koose" which is derived from a mispronunciation of my last name "Kuh-ssoff" which is spoken as "Koo-ssoff" quite frequently.  I don't mind either way and I have a lot of other nicknames anyway! 

I am excited to see what the future holds here at MyGolfSpy and look forward to learning all that I can.

I wanted to provide some initial value as a thank you - so I built a Focus training tool that is a video for training quiet eye time and your breathing patterns while you putt.  I have attached a picture of the frames of the tool to this message so you have a better idea of how it can be used and it can be found at:

Best Wishes,

Michael Kussoff

4 picture focus tool.png

4 hours ago, CoachKoose said:

Hello, MyGolfSpy!  My name is Michael Kussoff and I am a golf professional, researcher, and instructor here in Philadelphia.  I specialize in the full swing and my business - Anchors and Angles Golf - is based off of an independent study I did on the impact positions of World Long Drive competitors in their most successful attempts in competition.  I have been playing golf for about 20 years and graduated from Penn State's PGA Golf management program in 2016.  I participated in postgraduate studies through Penn State as well, researching the Biomechanics of Golf.  I have been in the golf industry for 12 years and my most notable work experience in the private golf industry was at Shinnecock Hills and Fishers Island Club in Fishers Island, NY.  I completed my final internship at Shinnecock Hills and was a golf professional at Fishers Island.  I have also competed in bodybuilding at a national level at the 2015 Europa Bodybuilding show in Atlantic City, NJ while I was on my internship at Hidden Creek Golf Club.  I have also begun a research collaboration with Mike Mann of Python Optics in Salt Lake City, UT- where we tested rhythmic breathing patterns and the effect they had on focus of the eye (using Optical Tracking Technology) under stressful vs. non-stressful situations.  

2. I love golf period.  It has taken me places I would have never dreamed as a child and has made me the man I am today.  Golf defines me and I am so grateful for it.

3. I wanted to join MyGolfSpy to absorb more profound and truthful content outside the realm of social media as I find myself absorbing less intelligent golf content there.  I do not know other spies yet.

4. I am from Honesdale, PA - Home of 1959 Masters Champion - Art Wall Jr. I also grew up playing at Honesdale Golf Club which is a 9-hole semi-private course.

5. The best thing about golf in the Philadelphia area is the abundance of quality golf, but I feel as though some of the courses have the same characteristics.

6. I am a golf instructor, researcher, and professional that is getting involved in a few businesses on the side as well.

7. Coach Koose - A lot of my friends call me "Koose" which is derived from a mispronunciation of my last name "Kuh-ssoff" which is spoken as "Koo-ssoff" quite frequently.  I don't mind either way and I have a lot of other nicknames anyway! 

I am excited to see what the future holds here at MyGolfSpy and look forward to learning all that I can.

I wanted to provide some initial value as a thank you - so I built a Focus training tool that is a video for training quiet eye time and your breathing patterns while you putt.  I have attached a picture of the frames of the tool to this message so you have a better idea of how it can be used and it can be found at:

Best Wishes,

Michael Kussoff

4 picture focus tool.png

Welcome!  It is always nice to get new members.  You will find the content here is unmatched.  I am in Delaware so not too far from you.  We are trying to set up a group golf day in the near future so stay tuned!  I would love to hear more about your research.

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

Welcome fellas! In Leesburg (Northern Virginia)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

• 2 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? I've owned clubs for about 10 years but only really got into playing the last 2 since I joined a club. What’s your handicap or normal score? 19.4 Index (down from a 34 2 years ago)

2. What do you love about golf? Everything.  It's challenging, fun, great for meeting people.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Read numerous articles and reviews and love it. Do you already know any other Spies? No.

4. Where are you from? Mahopac, New York What is your home course? Mahopac Golf Club

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Seasonal changes... best and worst.

6. What do you do for a living? Insurance Agent

7. How’d you pick your user name? Its my name.

6 minutes ago, Patrick Kohlman said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? I've owned clubs for about 10 years but only really got into playing the last 2 since I joined a club. What’s your handicap or normal score? 19.4 Index (down from a 34 2 years ago)

2. What do you love about golf? Everything.  It's challenging, fun, great for meeting people.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Read numerous articles and reviews and love it. Do you already know any other Spies? No.

4. Where are you from? Mahopac, New York What is your home course? Mahopac Golf Club

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Seasonal changes... best and worst.

6. What do you do for a living? Insurance Agent

7. How’d you pick your user name? Its my name.

Welcome!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Hey all, my name is Mike and I'm new to the forum, but not at all new to consuming MyGolfSpy content or the game of golf.  I'm 52 and still hanging onto a single digit handicap (barely).  I've been playing since my mid-teens and have loved the game since the first swing.  I've dedicated a lot of time to playing and understanding the game, which led me to my interest in golf equipment itself.  So much so that back in 2003 I wrote to Golf Magazine, who then IMO had the best and most comprehensive club testing series available to regular people, as written by regular people, to ask how to become a tester.  After numerous written "interviews" and 3 in-person "mini-tests", I was eventually welcomed into what was a very special brotherhood of a select few true equipment junkies.  Through that program my knowledge and understanding of equipment grew, and my curiosity and desire to continue learning lives on.  It is that desire to continue my education and knowledge base that led me to MyGolfSpy.  I have been a fan since the early days and though I've watched and read countless hours of content, never joined the forums.  Not sure why.  Finally decided to get more involved, mainly because I have more time these days, and, why the heck not?  Should have done so long ago.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all and it wouldn't suck to find some good folks in the DMV to get a round or two in with.

Would love to be considered as a club tester here as I truly enjoy the process and helping others, and love learning about new equipment, but if that never happens, so be it.  I also need to upgrade half my bag so having an opportunity to test drive some new bling would be an additional bonus!  Either way, I'm glad to be a part of this community.

In keeping with tradition, a little about me:

1. How long have you been playing golf?  37 years What’s your handicap or normal score? 9 hcp

2. What do you love about golf? - What's not to love about golf?  The personal challenge, good competition and most of all, the camaraderie.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I'm here because I have a full appreciation for what MyGolfSpy does, and how it does it.  I do not know a spy but look forward to getting to know some members.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I'm in Maryland, originally from N.J.  I can't say I have a "home" course at the moment.  I've been a member at a few courses over the decades, but prefer to be a free agent so I can wander and play wherever I want, whenever I want.  I live near Lake Presidential so I play there more often as it's a convenient drive from home.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  For the most part, the DMV has a plethora of quality public courses to play, and an occasional round and Congressional doesn't suck (see pic in signature - I'm the fat dude), however getting in a round in under 5 hours can be a challenge, to say the least.  I prefer to play super early to get out before the hackers, err, "less experienced" crowd buggers up the course. 

6. What do you do for a living?  I'm a senior director of ops for a high-end residential remodeling company.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  It's a play on my last name.  Get to know me and I'll explain!

Edited by McNasty67
Added thoughts

Driver: PXG 0811 Proto X+ - Hzrdus Yellow S 60g
Fairway Woods: Callaway Mavrik 4-wood Project X - Cobra King 5-6 wood - Onam 
Hybrid: Sonartec MD 23 deg
Irons 4-GW: PXG 0311 P Gen 2 - TT Elevate Tour Stiff
Wedges: PXG 0311 Forged 50 deg - Mizuno S18 Gun Metal in 56 & 60 deg
Putter: Scotty Cameron Flowback 5.5 - SuperStroke Tour Traxion 2.0

Former Golf Magazine Equipment/Club Tester

• I've been playing golf since I was 12 years old. Golf was my father's passion, and introduced the game to me. He grew up playing, coached former pro John Rollins, and always stole his buddies' money out there. Played golf for my High School and got back into competitive golf after college. My handicap is a 6.5.

• I love the constant pursuit of improvement. It is my way of staying competitive in "adulthood", and take all the lessons learned on the course into my everyday life. Golf has a way of humbling oneself real quick. 

• I don't know any other Spies, but I would love to get to know some over a breakfast ball or two! I came to MGS because I went to the same University as Sam, and when I heard about the process of collecting unbiased data, I was hooked.

• I am originally from Chesterfield, VA-- 25 min from Richmond. My home course is the The Golf Club at The Highlands in Chesterfield, VA.

• Best: There is a huge selection of semi-private courses to play that are very different from one another.

• Worst: The huge selection of semi-private courses can lead to pothole par 3 greens and hitting out of divots. 

• I'm a Project Manager for a construction company. 

• ¡Es mi nombre!

Driver: :callaway-small: Callaway Epic Max LS set to 9.5° - HZRDUS Black 70 6.5 tipped 1"; 45.25" 

3W: :titelist-small: Titleist TSi3 15° set at C1 - HZRDUS Smoke Black RTX 70g; 42.50"

3H: :taylormade-small:Taylormade SIM Max 19°  - HZRDUS Smoke Black 80g 6.5; 50.50"

4i-9i: :titelist-small: Titleist T100s - 2° Upright - AMT Tour White X100 +0.5" 

Wedges: :vokey-small: 46.10 F  - 1° Upright; Bent to 44°  - S200 130g +0.25"

:vokey-small:  50.08 F - 1° Upright; Bent to 48° - S200 130g +0.25"

:vokey-small:  54.10 S - 1° Flat S200 130g +0.5"

:vokey-small:  58.12 D - 2° Flat S200 130g +0.5"

Putter: PXG U42 35" SuperStroke 1.0 Flatzo

Just a quick intro.. My name is josh and I'm a 40 yr old born and raised resident of Va Beach, Va. Been playing golf since I was about 10. Played a little college golf but for a myriad of reasons left college early (really early) and ended up giving up the game shortly after for a spell. Picked it back up probably 10 years ago and its been full steam ahead since. Golf is a funny game, hard to explain to others but its kind of more who you are then what you do. I'm currently down to a +.6 and basically play in all the Am and 2 man events in the area I can. Ive been a non-participating member here for a bit (generally contributing to another forum...) but wanted to get more active here. I've played and conversed with some of the people associated with MyGolfSpy and I really like the way they go about things and it's awesome that they are local (somewhat) to me. I play primarily out of VB National and work in Cyber. I am pretty blessed to have a flexible schedule and an office in close proximity to the course so i get to practice quite a bit. Although my 19 month old daughter generally has priority. As far as my username it was license plate in high school and it pretty much speaks for itself. If you dont believe me let tee it up haha. Cheers

Ping G410 9 LST Fujikura VC TS 6.2x Tipped 1"
Ping G400 14.5 Atmos Black 7x Tipped 1"
Ping i500 3i AD DI 95x Tipped 1"
Ping iBlade 4-PW DG TI X100 Black Onyx
Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 55/56/60 DG TI S400
Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Stealth, Stealth shaft, Blackout Pingman grip
Snell MTB Black
Ping Camo Hoofer '19

Hey all, 

Excited to get involved in the community: 

• I have been playing since I was in eight grade. 
  • I love being outside and the feeling you get when you flush a shot just how you wanted to. 
  • I came to MGS because I was tired of trying to figure out the golf equipment world on my own and I believe this to be the most unbiased place for information. 
  • I currently reside in North Jersey and I play most of my rounds at Preakness Valley in Totawa, NJ. 
  • There are a lot of courses in the area that offer up different styles of play. The winters make it next to impossible to play. 
  • I work as a college administrator and adjunct professor. 
  • Username is just my name (Jason Smith). 

Welcome to the recent members.  Glad to have you all on board and glad you're enjoyed the site. 

Having spent time at the other two major sites, I feel we have a great balance here.   Lots of very knowledgeable folks who will help answer any question they can in a very congenial Manor.  

We hope these regional subforum can help lead to some local/regional get togethers.  Ohio just did or has one coming up.   

The DMV area we have been trying all summer to have one, but still have hopes up for one before the season is over. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

4 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Welcome to the recent members.  Glad to have you all on board and glad you're enjoyed the site. 

Having spent time at the other two major sites, I feel we have a great balance here.   Lots of very knowledgeable folks who will help answer any question they can in a very congenial Manor.  

We hope these regional subforum can help lead to some local/regional get togethers.  Ohio just did or has one coming up.   

The DMV area we have been trying all summer to have one, but still have hopes up for one before the season is over. 

Thanks!

If that golf gathering ever comes together in the DMV, count me in!

Edited by McNasty67

Driver: PXG 0811 Proto X+ - Hzrdus Yellow S 60g
Fairway Woods: Callaway Mavrik 4-wood Project X - Cobra King 5-6 wood - Onam 
Hybrid: Sonartec MD 23 deg
Irons 4-GW: PXG 0311 P Gen 2 - TT Elevate Tour Stiff
Wedges: PXG 0311 Forged 50 deg - Mizuno S18 Gun Metal in 56 & 60 deg
Putter: Scotty Cameron Flowback 5.5 - SuperStroke Tour Traxion 2.0

Former Golf Magazine Equipment/Club Tester

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I'm Anthony From NJ.  Happy to be here!

1. Playing golf for 18 years and hover around a 9.

2. I love everything about golf

3. I check out this site and listen to the podcasts often, so I joined.

4. From Neptune NJ, home course is any of the county courses.

5. We have good golf here but its seasonal.

6. Firefighter

7. I think we know why I picked this name...

:titelist-small:   :projectx:

2 hours ago, ACslater said:

Hey I'm Anthony From NJ.  Happy to be here!

1. Playing golf for 18 years and hover around a 9.

2. I love everything about golf

3. I check out this site and listen to the podcasts often, so I joined.

4. From Neptune NJ, home course is any of the county courses.

5. We have good golf here but its seasonal.

6. Firefighter

7. I think we know why I picked this name...

Welcome, glad you are enjoying the podcast and blog and even more glad you joined the forum, feel free to jump in some of the great topics going on.

Thanks for your service!! 

I think we know why I picked this name...

Fan of the show Saved by the Bell?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 5:20 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Mid-Atlantic Region

New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

Good day to all, 

I started playing golf at a young age, played high school golf and played collegially.  Then I took time away from the sport to focus on family life. Now I'm back at it and I feel good about my game again.  I can list all the benefits I get from the game both mind and body however the one that stands out as most fulfilling; Inner-Peace.  I work at Lords Valley Country Club and play at least five times a week. My normal score is 75-79 on a par 72. I work with another spy. The best and worst thing happen to be the same thing seasons!

Happy Golfing

On 8/24/2019 at 2:56 PM, CoachKoose said:

Best Wishes,

Michael Kussoff

4 picture focus tool.png

Welcome Michael!  Wow, that's quite a resume and background you have.  Hope you stay active in the forum discussions and share some of your experiences.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 2/11/2019 at 5:20 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:
  • How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Well, I played a bit in middle school, then into college became a once-a yearer. This year, I started playing a crazy amount (almost every weekend since about early August). Normal score for now is 95-105. I managed to drop an 80 though, after getting an eagle on a par 5. Couldn't believe that one...didn't have a birdie, yet I eagled a hole. 

• What do you love about golf?  Getting outside with my friends and the constant challenge. With friends, the cheering for each other when someone has a fantastic shot, or drains a crazy long putt. 

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Data.  I love data, and being a cyclist as well knowing the pitfalls of heavy gear-based sports. Non biased data backing up the marketing speak helps.  I was referred here by a reader, but not sure if he's active on the forums. 

• Where are you from? What is your home course?  Pittsburgh, PA.  Wouldn't say I have a home course, but I guess it's the Mt Lebanon muni course. I've played it by far the most. 

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Golf, golf everywhere. SO many courses!  Worst? Hills HILLS EVERYWHERE

• What do you do for a living?  Marketing for a large, regional, full service real estate company.

• How’d you pick your user name? I've stuck with this since my college gave it to my as my email address. 

D-2017 TaylorMade M1
3W-Tour Edge 119 CBX
3&4H - Srixon Z H85
5i-PW - Srixon Z 585
50* - Cleveland CBX
56* 60* Mizuno MP T-10
Putter - Ping Sigma 2 ZB
Ball - MG C4 or ChromeSoft 

• 2 weeks later...

Those of you Spies that are up in the northern MD & southern PA area ... I'm playing Links at Gettysburg tomorrow morning at 8:45 if anyone wants to join up.  I haven't been out in a while & I have some balls to test out.  🙂

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

1. How long have you been playing golf? 1973, when I was 16.  What’s your handicap or normal score? 10.3

2. What do you love about golf?  I don't but can't stop

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? BIG STU=== HOF

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? NJ / F. Byrne (C. Banks)

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Great classic designed courses, Tillinghast, Ross, Banks, worst: overpopulated. 

6. What do you do for a living? push paper/emails

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Y not.  it's a knock off of a famous user name. 

Hi Spies!  I'm just starting off with the forum so I figured this was a good place to start:

1. I have been playing golf for about 15 years.  I put my clubs up after a year of college golf for 6 years and have recently gotten back into the game.  My typical handicap is between an 8-10.

2. I love the challenge of golf.  You can have the best round of your life and the next day it all fall apart.  It's truly a game that can never be won, only played.

3. I am really interested to be involved with product testing and meet more golf enthusiast.

4. I'm from Virginia Beach, VA. I currently don't have a "home course", but I spend most of my time at Virginia Beach National.

5. The best thing about golf in Hampton Roads is access to a number of different course.  They all vary in challenge and layout, so you never get bored.  The downside is no elevation change.  As I get back into tournament golf it's hard getting used to clubbing up and down in hilly regions.

6. I'm a registered Architect.

7. Combination of my childhood nickname and football number from high school.

Edited by WillieP77

Driver:   tm.jpg.b933503b8a6713406bcc109c48c76358.jpg M5 Tour 9*/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6 - X-Flex 

Wood:   tm.jpg.b933503b8a6713406bcc109c48c76358.jpg M5 Rocket 3 Wood 14*/ Tour AD DI - S-Flex 

Hybrid:  tm.jpg.b933503b8a6713406bcc109c48c76358.jpg M3 19*/ Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec - S-Flex

Irons:     :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Tour 4-PW / True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 

Wedge: :vokey-small: SM7 50*, 54*, 58* /True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Putter:    :scotty-small:  Del Mar 35"

Balls:       :callaway-small: Chromesoft Truvis

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

Welcome Willie, I know what you mean about playing on only flat lies.  In my area, the biggest hill on the course is usually on the side of bunkers where they had to dig them out originally.  You will enjoy this site.  Lots of great people!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

14 hours ago, WillieP77 said:

Hi Spies!  I'm just starting off with the forum so I figured this was a good place to start:

1. I have been playing golf for about 15 years.  I put my clubs up after a year of college golf for 6 years and have recently gotten back into the game.  My typical handicap is between an 8-10.

2. I love the challenge of golf.  You can have the best round of your life and the next day it all fall apart.  It's truly a game that can never be won, only played.

3. I am really interested to be involved with product testing and meet more golf enthusiast.

4. I'm from Virginia Beach, VA. I currently don't have a "home course", but I spend most of my time at Virginia Beach National.

5. The best thing about golf in Hampton Roads is access to a number of different course.  They all vary in challenge and layout, so you never get bored.  The downside is no elevation change.  As I get back into tournament golf it's hard getting used to clubbing up and down in hilly regions.

6. I'm a registered Architect.

7. Combination of my childhood nickname and football number from high school.

Welcome and you are right in the back yard of HQ.   They are in Yorktwon and have an open door policy,  you should drop in sometime and I know Sam and Harry would be happy to show you around. 

• 2 months later...

Hi fellow Spies!   

Well, the weather is too cold to golf and my favorite football team (Steelers) didn't make the playoffs so I'm finally out of excuses to give an introduction (other than my own procrastination!)

I've been golfing off and on for 25 years but only about 4 to 5 rounds a year until I decided to get more serious about the game this year.  I turned the big 50 and decided it was time.  I've always loved the game but struggled to find the time to hit the course.  I'm a 25 handicap but hope to work that down over the next couple years with some extra dedication to practice.   I got a Swing Caddie SC200 for Christmas so looking forward to some garage practice sessions this winter!

I live in Central PA between Harrisburg and York and play mostly courses in the York area.  

I started following MGS 2 years when I was upgrading my equipment and found it to be hands down the best site for honest information and reviews.  That's led to an obsession (as my wife calls it) of trying & buying different clubs and equipment.   I play a mix of Callaway, Cobra, and TaylorMade clubs but I've really become of fan of Cobra one length clubs and have been moving more towards them.   I used to play any type of ball but Srixon became my favorite this past year so I'll stick with them for now.     

Nothing special about my username.  It was an old work ID from years ago that I always use on forums because I can remember it and no one else ever has the same one. 

WITB:

Driver:  Callaway Big Bertha Fusion

Fairway:  Cobra F6 Baffler 4/5

Hybrids:  Cobra F7 (3/4);  Cobra F8 (5)

Irons:  Cobra F7 OL 6-GW

Wedge:  Cleveland CBX 54*/58*

Putter:  Odyssey Dual Force 2

8 hours ago, Rwagn4 said:

Hi fellow Spies!   

Well, the weather is too cold to golf and my favorite football team (Steelers) didn't make the playoffs so I'm finally out of excuses to give an introduction (other than my own procrastination!)

I've been golfing off and on for 25 years but only about 4 to 5 rounds a year until I decided to get more serious about the game this year.  I turned the big 50 and decided it was time.  I've always loved the game but struggled to find the time to hit the course.  I'm a 25 handicap but hope to work that down over the next couple years with some extra dedication to practice.   I got a Swing Caddie SC200 for Christmas so looking forward to some garage practice sessions this winter!

I live in Central PA between Harrisburg and York and play mostly courses in the York area.  

I started following MGS 2 years when I was upgrading my equipment and found it to be hands down the best site for honest information and reviews.  That's led to an obsession (as my wife calls it) of trying & buying different clubs and equipment.   I play a mix of Callaway, Cobra, and TaylorMade clubs but I've really become of fan of Cobra one length clubs and have been moving more towards them.   I used to play any type of ball but Srixon became my favorite this past year so I'll stick with them for now.     

Nothing special about my username.  It was an old work ID from years ago that I always use on forums because I can remember it and no one else ever has the same one. 

Welcome.  Glad you jumped in on the forum.  You'll find lots of helpful advice here....especially when it comes to buying more clubs.   Ha 

We have a couple active members right in your backyard.   I'm not far away down near Baltimore.   

Hopefully we'll get an outing or two together early this year.  It's always a good time when spies get together. 

Hi fellow Spies!   

Welcome - nice intro by the way. We have a bunch of SC200 users here in case you have questions. Keep us posted on your SC 200 use in the garage. I tried using it at one of our sims in town and it didn't work very well.- not sure if it was because of the short distance from tee to screen. On the other hand it works quite well for me on the (outdoor) range.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Glad to be on here finally - don't know what took me so long!

I'm a shade over 50 and have been playing golf for most of my life. I've always really enjoyed it but started to get a little more serious about it when we moved down to Charlottesville VA about 10 years ago. I was probably somewhere around a 12 index when we moved. I've gotten down to a 7 but have really plateaud the last couple of years. I've tried using video a lot of late to work on my swing, but even though the flaws are pretty obvious I've been unsuccessful in making any significant improvements, at least so far. The biggest weakness in my game, by far, is my iron and wedge game - I waste more strokes there than anywhere else.

Equipment-wise, I've been playing the Cobra F7 driver for about three years now. I still really like it. It's my third Cobra driver and I've enjoyed them all. I use an older Adams 3-wood and hybrid that I've had for probably about 5 years now. Can't even remember exactly which model they are. I finally swapped out my old Ping i20 irons last year. I did a fitting at my club and ended up with Mizuno Hot Metal Pros. The fitting was not a great experience; I ended up having to have the clubs shipped back to Mizuno to have the shafts swapped out. I originally had Project X LZ shafts in there and could not hit them to save my life. I swapped them out for Modus 105's, and the lighter shaft made a big difference for me. I would say my current opinion on the HMP's is that I like but don't love them. I use 54* and 60* Vokey wedges. The 60* I've had for eons and should probably think about replacing, but I still love it. I switched to an Odyssey #7 Tank putter about 3 years ago and that has been beneficial for me, especially on short putts. The last two years the AVX has been my ball of choice. I have a very high ball flight and feel like the low launch of the AVX helps me, especially with finding fairways from the tee.

Nothing special about my username; like Rwagn4 it's just an old one that I can still remember.

Anyway, I'm glad to finally be on here. I really admire what this site has tried to do regarding the golf equipment business and would love the chance to get involved in product testing at some point.

8 minutes ago, clp34vmp said:

Glad to be on here finally - don't know what took me so long!

I'm a shade over 50 and have been playing golf for most of my life. I've always really enjoyed it but started to get a little more serious about it when we moved down to Charlottesville VA about 10 years ago. I was probably somewhere around a 12 index when we moved. I've gotten down to a 7 but have really plateaud the last couple of years. I've tried using video a lot of late to work on my swing, but even though the flaws are pretty obvious I've been unsuccessful in making any significant improvements, at least so far. The biggest weakness in my game, by far, is my iron and wedge game - I waste more strokes there than anywhere else.

Equipment-wise, I've been playing the Cobra F7 driver for about three years now. I still really like it. It's my third Cobra driver and I've enjoyed them all. I use an older Adams 3-wood and hybrid that I've had for probably about 5 years now. Can't even remember exactly which model they are. I finally swapped out my old Ping i20 irons last year. I did a fitting at my club and ended up with Mizuno Hot Metal Pros. The fitting was not a great experience; I ended up having to have the clubs shipped back to Mizuno to have the shafts swapped out. I originally had Project X LZ shafts in there and could not hit them to save my life. I swapped them out for Modus 105's, and the lighter shaft made a big difference for me. I would say my current opinion on the HMP's is that I like but don't love them. I use 54* and 60* Vokey wedges. The 60* I've had for eons and should probably think about replacing, but I still love it. I switched to an Odyssey #7 Tank putter about 3 years ago and that has been beneficial for me, especially on short putts. The last two years the AVX has been my ball of choice. I have a very high ball flight and feel like the low launch of the AVX helps me, especially with finding fairways from the tee.

Nothing special about my username; like Rwagn4 it's just an old one that I can still remember.

Anyway, I'm glad to finally be on here. I really admire what this site has tried to do regarding the golf equipment business and would love the chance to get involved in product testing at some point.

Great to have you on board and in the neighborhood.   I can relate to your iron shaft problem, I had the same experience a few years back with a set that I swear I was getting 20 yards less than I was at the demo day.   Swapped out the shafts to one I knew worked for me and all was right again.

I am going to make every effort in the world to get down to Spring Creek again this year....had a round rained out last year.   If I do I'll try to let you know to see if you're available to go around with an old short hitting hacker 🙂

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Great to have you on board and in the neighborhood.   I can relate to your iron shaft problem, I had the same experience a few years back with a set that I swear I was getting 20 yards less than I was at the demo day.   Swapped out the shafts to one I knew worked for me and all was right again.

I am going to make every effort in the world to get down to Spring Creek again this year....had a round rained out last year.   If I do I'll try to let you know to see if you're available to go around with an old short hitting hacker 🙂

Would love that, Spring Creek is always fun and in great shape. Let me know.

Hey everyone!

Long time lurker, new member though!

I've loved reading the reviews and opinions on here for quite some time. It has definitly influence my club and equipment interests over the years.

I'm from Reading PA and play golf about twice a week once the weather turns.

Glad to be apart of the community!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk