Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

6 hours ago, Pkellz25 said:

Hey everyone!

Long time lurker, new member though!

I've loved reading the reviews and opinions on here for quite some time. It has definitly influence my club and equipment interests over the years.

I'm from Reading PA and play golf about twice a week once the weather turns.

Glad to be apart of the community!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Welcome from Delaware!  You will enjoy this site, everyone is great!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

8 hours ago, Pkellz25 said:

Hey everyone!

Long time lurker, new member though!

I've loved reading the reviews and opinions on here for quite some time. It has definitly influence my club and equipment interests over the years.

I'm from Reading PA and play golf about twice a week once the weather turns.

Glad to be apart of the community!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Glad you jumped in.  Lots of good golf conversation going on.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Hi fellow Spies!   
Well, the weather is too cold to golf and my favorite football team (Steelers) didn't make the playoffs so I'm finally out of excuses to give an introduction (other than my own procrastination!)
I've been golfing off and on for 25 years but only about 4 to 5 rounds a year until I decided to get more serious about the game this year.  I turned the big 50 and decided it was time.  I've always loved the game but struggled to find the time to hit the course.  I'm a 25 handicap but hope to work that down over the next couple years with some extra dedication to practice.   I got a Swing Caddie SC200 for Christmas so looking forward to some garage practice sessions this winter!
I live in Central PA between Harrisburg and York and play mostly courses in the York area.  
I started following MGS 2 years when I was upgrading my equipment and found it to be hands down the best site for honest information and reviews.  That's led to an obsession (as my wife calls it) of trying & buying different clubs and equipment.   I play a mix of Callaway, Cobra, and TaylorMade clubs but I've really become of fan of Cobra one length clubs and have been moving more towards them.   I used to play any type of ball but Srixon became my favorite this past year so I'll stick with them for now.     
Nothing special about my username.  It was an old work ID from years ago that I always use on forums because I can remember it and no one else ever has the same one. 

Wait a minute....I live in between Harrisburg and York...haha. Where do you live?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Cool - I'm just off I83 - between Manchester and Dover.   Where are you?

Ha. I’m in Etters right off of 83. Newberrytown exit! You can’t be more than 20 minutes from me. I play a lot of Valley Green but also tend to drift to Royal Manchester and other clubs in York

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  - I have been play golf since I was in middle school.  Not seriously untill the last 2 years.

2. What do you love about golf?  - It is a game of constant improvement.  Equipment, Skill, and Practice - each day is something knew, but always improving. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? - I love the research that has been put into all of the equipment.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Pittsburgh, PA but call Richmond, VA my home now.  I came to play football for the Richmond Spiders won a national championship and met my wife.  We now live on a golf course - Magnolia Green in Chesterfield, VA.  It is my home course. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - Best great golf all around from Charlottesville to Richmond to Williamsburg no shortage of options within an hour drive.  Worst thing about golf in mid-Atlantic is lack of short courses and alternative play options.  I love to play but can't always fit in 18. 

6. What do you do for a living?  GIS IT Consulting 

7. How’d you pick your user name? last name + football # (go spiders!) 

Driver - Callaway Flash 

3 Wood - F7 

Callaway Apex - 21 degree 

Wilson FG Tour F5 - 4-P 

Cleveland RTX 3 CB (50,54,58)

Titleist Scotty Cameron - Newport 2   

On 1/8/2020 at 2:03 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I am going to make every effort in the world to get down to Spring Creek again this year

Great place for a Spy meetup...

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

1 hour ago, mccracken79 said:

I am from Pittsburgh, PA but call Richmond, VA my home now.  I came to play football for the Richmond Spiders won a national championship and met my wife.

Welcome to the forum from another RVA Spy.  So with you, me, @Tarheelvolvo, @Maltenator and @JimNantzsToast that makes five of us here in the River City.  Add in a few in Charlottesville and Hampton Roads and we could get a couple of foursomes together for an I-64 corridor meetup round.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing since I was 5. I played to a 10 when I was young and had no responsibility. Then there was a long stretch of very infrequent and casual golf during my career  I have semi retired and want to work on getting back to a 10 or lower from my current 17 .

2. What do you love about golf? Everything.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I came across threads a couple of times researching equipment. I decided to join in as I am serious about improving my game  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from eastern Long Island and have been in Westchester for 3 years. I’ll be going to the beach less and to the course more. I play Westchester County courses and Split Rock in the Bronx as”home” courses, but I am interested in discovering new courses within a 2 hour drive  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? So many courses. So many people  

6. What do you do for a living? Retired teacher, working part time  

7. How’d you pick your user name? Home and name

19 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Great place for a Spy meetup...

I could get behind it.  I know the staff there As it's one of our courses. if we worked around any member events.  I might be able to swing a deal.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  - I have been play golf since I was in middle school.  Not seriously untill the last 2 years.

2. What do you love about golf?  - It is a game of constant improvement.  Equipment, Skill, and Practice - each day is something knew, but always improving. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? - I love the research that has been put into all of the equipment.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Pittsburgh, PA but call Richmond, VA my home now.  I came to play football for the Richmond Spiders won a national championship and met my wife.  We now live on a golf course - Magnolia Green in Chesterfield, VA.  It is my home course. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - Best great golf all around from Charlottesville to Richmond to Williamsburg no shortage of options within an hour drive.  Worst thing about golf in mid-Atlantic is lack of short courses and alternative play options.  I love to play but can't always fit in 18. 

6. What do you do for a living?  GIS IT Consulting 

7. How’d you pick your user name? last name + football # (go spiders!) 

Driver - Callaway Flash 

3 Wood - F7 

Callaway Apex - 21 degree 

Wilson FG Tour F5 - 4-P 

Cleveland RTX 3 CB (50,54,58)

Titleist Scotty Cameron - Newport 2   

Welcome! Where in Pittsburgh?

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I could get behind it.  I know the staff there As it's one of our courses. if we worked around any member events.  I might be able to swing a deal.  

That's what I'm talkin' about.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Hi all... I am from Western NY..I was a PGA Pro for 20 odd years and am now retired.. play in a few leagues with my buddies

I have a league cap but no USGA handicap... At 68 I still manage to shoot in the mid 70s to mid 80s depends on what body part is hurting that day...

Started playing at 29 and turned pro at 39 (needed a job at that time so I figured what the heck... why not...

Not playing at the moment.. mother nature has other ideas as to what I should be doing... once it warms up I'll get back to it (16* for a high yesterday)

Looking forward to the new equipment reviews and such... wouldn't mind testing for MGS if I was asked

Peace

Driver .....TM M2  12* ... Stock shaft Reg.

3 Wood...TM M2 HL 16*..stock reg shaft

7 Wood  TM  M2... stock shaft reg.

Hybrids....Adams.... A3OS Boxer  3-4-5 hybrids..Grafalloy  platinum Reg flex

Cobra F7 one length irons..... 6 - SW .. ...shafts.. Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue Axis @ 37.5"

Putter (varies) currently Ping Echo 2

Peace....  Update... 69 yrs old shot 68 this summer(2021)... God I love this game...

On 1/14/2020 at 11:34 PM, HardcoreLooper said:

Welcome to the forum from another RVA Spy.  So with you, me, @Tarheelvolvo, @Maltenator and @JimNantzsToast that makes five of us here in the River City.  Add in a few in Charlottesville and Hampton Roads and we could get a couple of foursomes together for an I-64 corridor meetup round.

That'd be sweet!

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

:callaway-small: Rogue 3W

:cobra-small: King F7 5W

Sub70 939 3H

Lynx Black Cat //:cobra-small: King F8 5i-GW 

:ping-small: Tour-S 54*/12*

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

Tommy Armour 303 Milled Habanero 

On 1/14/2020 at 11:34 PM, HardcoreLooper said:

I'd be willing to head up that way...as long as I don't have to coordinate;  I am a terrible coordinator

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

10 hours ago, geno4952 said:

Hi all... I am from Western NY..I was a PGA Pro for 20 odd years and am now retired.. play in a few leagues with my buddies

I have a league cap but no USGA handicap... At 68 I still manage to shoot in the mid 70s to mid 80s depends on what body part is hurting that day...

Started playing at 29 and turned pro at 39 (needed a job at that time so I figured what the heck... why not...

Not playing at the moment.. mother nature has other ideas as to what I should be doing... once it warms up I'll get back to it (16* for a high yesterday)

Looking forward to the new equipment reviews and such... wouldn't mind testing for MGS if I was asked

Peace

Where in wny?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

3 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Where in wny?

Albion...halfway between Rochester and Buffalo

Cobra F7 one length irons..... 6 - SW .. ...shafts.. Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue Axis @ 37.5"

Peace....  Update... 69 yrs old shot 68 this summer(2021)... God I love this game...

6 hours ago, geno4952 said:

Albion...halfway between Rochester and Buffalo

Cool. I know where that’s at. I’m originally from buffalo and have a buddy I golf with near Rochester whenever possible during my visits home 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Cool. I know where that’s at. I’m originally from buffalo and have a buddy I golf with near Rochester whenever possible during my visits home 

Where do you guys play when you come up here? I have played pretty much all of the courses in the area being that I was a PGA pro in the WNY section and we have the opportunity to play just about everywhere. (nice little perk) Except of course Country Club of Buffalo. CCB was the hardest ticket in town. In over 20 years I only got on there once and that was because they hosted a section tournament. I see you are In Maryland. Three of us drove all night about 20 years ago to Ocean City and played Eagles Nest or Eagles Landing I cant remember the name. Then we played Ocean City Golf and Yacht club then drove home, One he** of a weekend.

Peace

small world, I have family in Jamestown and Fredonia

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

3 hours ago, geno4952 said:

Where do you guys play when you come up here? I have played pretty much all of the courses in the area being that I was a PGA pro in the WNY section and we have the opportunity to play just about everywhere. (nice little perk) Except of course Country Club of Buffalo. CCB was the hardest ticket in town. In over 20 years I only got on there once and that was because they hosted a section tournament. I see you are In Maryland. Three of us drove all night about 20 years ago to Ocean City and played Eagles Nest or Eagles Landing I cant remember the name. Then we played Ocean City Golf and Yacht club then drove home, One he** of a weekend.

Peace

You are in my neck of the woods now.  Ocean City has changed a bunch in the last 20 years, they are trying to become a mini Myrtle Beach.  A lot of nice courses now.

4 hours ago, geno4952 said:

Peace

We either play at Stafford where he’s a member or we play somewhere in the middle around Akron. 

1 hour ago, ballplayer002003 said:

You are in my neck of the woods now.  Ocean City has changed a bunch in the last 20 years, they are trying to become a mini Myrtle Beach.  A lot of nice courses now.

Last time i was in OC was Senior week right after high school (about 10 years ago) - is it still as big of a s*** show + golf now? If so, that sounds awesome

Edited by JimNantzsToast

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

:callaway-small: Rogue 3W

:cobra-small: King F7 5W

Sub70 939 3H

Lynx Black Cat //:cobra-small: King F8 5i-GW 

:ping-small: Tour-S 54*/12*

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

Tommy Armour 303 Milled Habanero 

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

We either play at Stafford where he’s a member or we play somewhere in the middle around Akron. 

Well now there is a coincidence .... I was the head pro at Rothland golf course in Akron for 5 years back in the early 2000's...00 - 05 and I used to play Stafford 4 or 5 times a year almost every year for about 10 yrs or so. OC was a fun trip except for finding a hotel room at 3am when the boat show is in town. Ended up in a room on the boardwalk with no hot water and a dead mouse under the edge of the bed... only room in town at the time....jeez I hate cold showers..lol!!

Peace

Edited by geno4952

On 1/14/2020 at 10:17 PM, PAgolfer2017 said:

Ha. I’m in Etters right off of 83. Newberrytown exit! You can’t be more than 20 minutes from me. I play a lot of Valley Green but also tend to drift to Royal Manchester and other clubs in York

LOL! - yeah, I'm the next exit down.  2 miles off the Strinestown exit.  I've played Valley Green before, it's been a few years, but I liked that course.  I also play Royal Manchester and use their range every month over the summer.   We'll have to try to get together for a round this year!

WITB:

Driver:  Callaway Big Bertha Fusion

Fairway:  Cobra F6 Baffler 4/5

Hybrids:  Cobra F7 (3/4);  Cobra F8 (5)

Irons:  Cobra F7 OL 6-GW

Wedge:  Cleveland CBX 54*/58*

Putter:  Odyssey Dual Force 2

On 1/18/2020 at 8:57 PM, cnosil said:

I'd be willing to head up that way...as long as I don't have to coordinate;  I am a terrible coordinator

Hopefully we'll catch another good weather weekend soon...

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

20 hours ago, Rwagn4 said:

LOL! - yeah, I'm the next exit down.  2 miles off the Strinestown exit.  I've played Valley Green before, it's been a few years, but I liked that course.  I also play Royal Manchester and use their range every month over the summer.   We'll have to try to get together for a round this year!

Sounds like a plan! We'll figure something out!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing golf since I was about 5 (I'm 23 now). Handicap is around a 15-16 and my average score is typically in the low 90's/high 80's.

2. What do you love about golf? Love playing with friends, enjoying a nice course. Love spending time outside, have a few cold ones. Its a lot of fun for me, but also a nice break from reality and just a nice time to relax.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Was scrolling through the internet looking for new clubs, and MyGolfSpy was one of the first websites to pop up with several reviews. Loved how they do so much research, and how everything I've read so far is extremely well written.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From Philly area, home course is Rolling Green Golf Club. Currently living up near NYC in Jersey City, NJ (I play at Skyway Golf Course up here)

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? In Jersey City, the worst part of golf here is the lack of it. Skyway is the only course within reason, and its only 9 holes. The best thing about it though is that it is a very nice course, and they have great rates for residents of Hudson County.

6. What do you do for a living? I work as a Quality Assurance Analyst for an Insurance company

7. How’d you pick your user name? No idea what mine is yet lol

Hey guys/gals,

My name is Mike, and I currently live in the York, Pennsylvania area. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

-- I just started in October. I played for a year or 2 when i was 18-19 (total of 10 rounds), which was basically an excuse to hang with friends. I am 32 now and hit some balls at a range and ordered a 2nd hand set of clubs a week later. So far i have been to the range and simulator way more than the course. I have played a total of 36 holes. 2 rounds of 9, and 1 round of 18. My first full round of 18 i shot a 102. I just bought a Ghin number and once the season opens in PA i will get a proper handicap.
  2. What do you love about golf?

-- The competitiveness, and the eagerness to get better. So far, golf has a funny way of giving you hope and then just ripping it away randomly. I love that. 
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

-- I found this site while looking for recommendations for clubs and golf balls. Signed up immediately, but have just lurked in the background reading as much as I could.
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

-- I grew up in Western PA, not far from Punxsutwawney (think of the stupid groundhog LOL), but now live in the York, Pa area. I do not have a home course yet, but the 2 that i have been to are Hickory Heights in Spring Grove, PA and then Range end in Dillsburg, PA. I like both, but they are very different. 
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

-- so far, the weather is the worst thing. Cannot golf with snow and its pretty miserable in subfreezing temps. So far, everyone i have met have been pleasant and helpful for a new golfer, so that would be the best thing right now.  
  6. What do you do for a living?

-- I am a hydrogeologist for a company in Maryland. Work with Groundwater. Ironically, the last job i worked on was a New golf course/housing complex in southern Delaware. Crazy how that works, I start playing golf, and my next job is finding groundwater for a golf course. Pretty neat.
  7. How’d you pick your user name?

-- Graduated Penn state in 2010, and Mey123 was my designated name for all things in the PSU sytem (Email etc). 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 Plus 8- Ping Alta CB Red 55 - Stiff

Fairway: :ping-small: G5 15*  - Black Dot - w/ Ping TFC 100F - Regular

Hybrids: :taylormade-small:   RBZ Tour Rescue - 2 (16.5*) and 4 (21.5*) - w/Taylormade Aldila Rip 65 Graphite - Stiff

Irons: :ping-small: G400 - 5-PW - Black Dot - w/Project X LZ 6.0

Wedges: :Sub70: Forged Black - 50*, 54*, 58* - w/KBS Tour Steel - Stiff

Putter: :ping-small: Heppler Tyne 3

2 hours ago, Morgan M said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing golf since I was about 5 (I'm 23 now). Handicap is around a 15-16 and my average score is typically in the low 90's/high 80's.

2. What do you love about golf? Love playing with friends, enjoying a nice course. Love spending time outside, have a few cold ones. Its a lot of fun for me, but also a nice break from reality and just a nice time to relax.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Was scrolling through the internet looking for new clubs, and MyGolfSpy was one of the first websites to pop up with several reviews. Loved how they do so much research, and how everything I've read so far is extremely well written.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From Philly area, home course is Rolling Green Golf Club. Currently living up near NYC in Jersey City, NJ (I play at Skyway Golf Course up here)

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? In Jersey City, the worst part of golf here is the lack of it. Skyway is the only course within reason, and its only 9 holes. The best thing about it though is that it is a very nice course, and they have great rates for residents of Hudson County.

6. What do you do for a living? I work as a Quality Assurance Analyst for an Insurance company

7. How’d you pick your user name? No idea what mine is yet lol

Welcome from Delaware.  I am sure you will enjoy the forum, everyone is very friendly and knowledgeable.  Cheers