TESTERS WANTED! ×

Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I started to play on and off around 2008. I bought my first cheap set of clubs from Sports Authority. Been playing more since College, my Handicap is 19, but i feel like i should be at a 15.  
  2. What do you love about golf?

The challenge
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Stumbled across the youtube videos and podcasts about 6 months ago. Do not know any other spies, but isnt that what a spy would say?...
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

From Fairfax Virginia. I don't have a Home course i play regularly, but Bull Run and Westfields are favorites when the price is right.
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

I would say there is quite an abundance of public courses to play, but the weather and crowded weekends are the worst.
  6. What do you do for a living?

IT Consulting
  7. How’d you pick your user name?

Last name and initials
Edited by Fieldrj

:ping-small: G410 9* Evenflow Black 75 6.0

:ping-small: G410 3W Evenflow Black 85 6.0

:ping-small: G410 5W, 4H Evenflow Black 85 6.0

:callaway-small: Mavrik Pro 5-AW TT Elevate 95 S

:vokey-small: SM9 54F, 58D

:scotty-cameron-1: 2020 Special Select Newport 2

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:wilson-small: Triad

9 hours ago, ACslater said:

@HardcoreLooper hey I play the county courses and Shark River is my home course!  I played for St Rose in High School.  Hominy is great, Charleston courses are tough!

Nice.  I miss the Shark.  Lots of good memories there.  I played for Red Bank Regional.  I'd love to go back and play all the county courses again some time.  

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

2 hours ago, ACslater said:

@HardcoreLooper @jlukes  we can play the county courses anytime.  I'm always around.

Sounds good.  Next time I'm back in NJ I'll give you guys a shout.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

On 2/21/2020 at 8:09 PM, jlukes said:

Sounds good to me. 

I'm playing at Mercer East on Sunday. Found a mid morning time as a single 

Let me know if you guys need another player. Not a bad drive for me from Woodbury and always heard the Mercer courses are nice.

• :taylormade-small: Sim 9* - Diamana white board S
  • :taylormade-small: 3W -  M2 HL 16.5 Diamana white board  X-flex
  • :callaway-small: 19 & 23 deg. X-Hot Hybrids  Fuji Pro 70 hyb S-flex
  • :ping-small:  5-PW I500 - Modus3 105 S-flex
  • :ping-small: Glide 3.0  50,54 & 60 - Custom grinds- ZZ wedge shafts
  • :taylormade-small:  Rosa  34 1/2" winn grip
  • Ball - :bridgestone-small: Tour BX /  Maxfli Tour X
  • :1590477705_SunMountain: 14/5 BAG on a :Clicgear: 2.0
  • :ShotScope:

1.   Been golfing since I was roughly 12.  Helped found my high school golf team and played as our number 2 (though I would have been an alternate on any good golf team).  Just got a handicap last year and realized that I had more of a "glamour" cap so second half of the year into this year I've been more diligent in keeping score, playing by the rules, and entering into VSGA.

2.  Being outdoors and being able to compete well into middle age. 

3.  Been following on instagram for a while and loved the content.  Want to be part of the discussion.

4. I'm in northern Virginia and play at South Riding Golf Club. 

5. Best is how much you appreciate the warm weather and there is actually an off season.  Worst is that there is an off season and that all courses are PACKED on the weekends and over priced based on the demand.

6. I'm a meteorologist/ Product manager for IBM

7. Same name I've had since I was like 16 on AIM.

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub-Zero  Project X HZRDUS Smoke

3 Wood: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

3 Hybrid: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

4 Hybrid : image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M4 Stock Stiff Shaft

Irons: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg P790 (5I-AW) - 2 deg strong - Nippon Modus3 105 Gram/Stiff 

60 Degree Wedge: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 - AMT Black/Stiff

54 Degree Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX Zip Core

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne Putter

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

Tracked by: :Arccos:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

• Played from 1994-1999 and 2008-present
  • 2.4 index
  • Rediscovered my love of golf after I started earning enough $ to play again. Now I have a sickness. Played 200 rounds in 2019 and averaged 160 rounds the previous 3 years. It's my meditation. 
  • Like many others I've read the emails but never signed up. Have been lurking. 
  • Live in Brooklyn, Marine Park is my home course. 
  • Downside is the slow rounds. 
  • I work on technology as a program manager
  • My gmail and many other forum names
Edited by benkross

image.png.1415d20f5fde9c8e2717e5529344485f.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

1. For about 2 years now and my handicap is pretty high at the moment.  

2. I love the social aspect of it and the ability to see the outdoors. 

3. I am a system engineer by trade so I like to look at all the data. It helps when I know the data is unbias. Admittantly I started out as most do in this game buying whatever is new and shiny and whatever the pro's are using. Finding MyGolfSpy has already helped me out alot and I love listening to their podcasts.

4. I am from MD and my home course is Compass Pointe

5. The searsons. I wish I could play golf year around and sure while I could travel I would much rather be able to play golf year around in my home state. 

6. I am a System Engineer so I try to provide technical solutions to those who need help. 

:callaway-small: Rouge 10.5

:tour-edge: 3 Wood

:tour-edge: 4 & 5 Hybrid

:tour-edge: 6-9 Irons

:callaway-small: MD3 46degree

:ping-small: Sand Wedge

:odyssey-small: EXO 2-ball slant stroke lab putter

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started around June of 2019. I decided to take lessons around Nov/Dec 2019. I have not really played enough on the course to get my handicap so I would say 36.

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge to get better every time you play and mental toughness to get through all holes with the same discipline throughout.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I saw a post about testers required for Ping Irons and that is where I found out about the existence of this forum. I do not know any other spies yet. I will ask my real life friends if they are part of this forum.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am originally from the Philippines, moved to Singapore and now based here in the US. I am in NJ. My home course will be Galloping Hills in Union County though Skyway Golf in Jersey City is literally 5min drive from my place.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - there is plenty of courses to choose from within decent driving distances. Worst - can't play during winter.

6. What do you do for a living? I work for a Swiss Bank.

7. How’d you pick your user name? AAA being the first letters of my first name and last name. 12 is my jersey number since high school.

3. I am a system engineer by trade so I like to look at all the data. It helps when I know the data is unbias. Admittantly I started out as most do in this game buying whatever is new and shiny and whatever the pro's are using. Finding MyGolfSpy has already helped me out alot and I love listening to their podcasts.

5. The searsons. I wish I could play golf year around and sure while I could travel I would much rather be able to play golf year around in my home state. 

6. I am a System Engineer so I try to provide technical solutions to those who need help. 

Welcome! We head down to Compasse Point each yea4 and play a round with Spies! Nice track! Welcome to MGS!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

1. I've been playing golf since the 8th grade.  Right now I'm around a 15 handicap.  I haven't been playing enough the past 4/5 years to register a real number.  This year is my goal to get back to being a single digit.  

2. I love being able to get away from life when I'm on the golf course.  Even just on the range it is my stress reliever. 

3. Heard about the site from a PGA Instructor.  

4. Orginally from Michigan, now in Northern Virginia.  Play many courses but mostly Westfields Golf Club.

5. Best is lots of options.  Worst is most are on the more expensive side of price per round. 

6. Attorney

7. User name is my name! 

Morning All

Monmouth County, NJ based, play all the county based courses, plus a few of the local country clubs. Willing to travel. Retired NYPD playing to a 12-14 handicap. No fear of a cold beer. Love the random aspects of golf. I play several times a month and often as a single. I get to meet lots of new folks that way.

Playing TaylorMade irons and woods but I'm looking to upgrade soon. Currently, Demoing the Sub70 driver and 3-wood. Pretty sure, they are keepers! In fact so impressed, I''ll probably try the irons next. Wouldn't have heard of these guys, but for MGS so THANKS! I'll post a review, in the future.

• Started playing 19 years ago, but took a 5 year break (location/job driven)

• Currently a 1 handicap

• Individual accountability for performance, the challenge, requirement of a wide variety of skills to succeed, the creativity & finesse needed for a good short game

• The reputation for honesty of the MyGolfSpy team

• I am not aware of knowing any other Spies

• From Ohio, but live in Northern VA currently

• I do not have a home course

• Best: lots of quality public courses/tournaments to play

• Worst: off-season in the winter

• Active duty military

• It's my name

:taylormade-small: M5 12* - ACCRA TZ6 55 M4 - 1.5* open, weight back & toe

:titelist-small: TS3 16.5* - ACCRA FX 2.0 370 M4 - B1 setting, neutral weight

:titelist-small: 818 H1 21* - TENSEI White 90 S - C1 setting, neutral weight

:mizuno-small: MP-20 MMC 4-PW - PX LZ 5.0 110g - 2* flat & 2* weak

:mizuno-small: T20 50.07*, 54.12*, 60.06* - PX LZ 5.5 115g - 2* flat

:scotty-small:  Newport 2 - 33"

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing golf on and off since I was 12. In the last 2 years I have become more serious to become more consistent, which is a work in progress.

2. What do you love about golf? I love being outside and the challenge that golf brings. It's a sport for anybody that wants to try. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Just looking to see if I can find anybody near me that plays and I like the tests on MyGolfSpy. No, I don't know any other spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Lynchburg, VA I don't really have a home course as I like to play different ones. I play London Downs and Colonial Hills the most.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? One of the best things about this region is the variety of courses. I would say the worst is Winter.

6. What do you do for a living? RN

7. How’d you pick your user name? First name, original I know.

On 3/21/2020 at 7:10 AM, Cptmphil said:

Morning All

Monmouth County, NJ based, play all the county based courses, plus a few of the local country clubs. Willing to travel. Retired NYPD playing to a 12-14 handicap. No fear of a cold beer. Love the random aspects of golf. I play several times a month and often as a single. I get to meet lots of new folks that way.

Playing TaylorMade irons and woods but I'm looking to upgrade soon. Currently, Demoing the Sub70 driver and 3-wood. Pretty sure, they are keepers! In fact so impressed, I''ll probably try the irons next. Wouldn't have heard of these guys, but for MGS so THANKS! I'll post a review, in the future.

Welcome, and I'm sure I'll see you on the county courses.  I'm in Tinton Falls.

:titelist-small:   :projectx:

On 3/14/2020 at 7:30 PM, ben310135 said:

Sweet, one of our admin is from your course.  You probably know him.  Where are you at Golfspy_CG2???  lol  Welcome!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

On 3/21/2020 at 7:40 AM, lamb said:

• Started playing 19 years ago, but took a 5 year break (location/job driven)

• Currently a 1 handicap

• Individual accountability for performance, the challenge, requirement of a wide variety of skills to succeed, the creativity & finesse needed for a good short game

• The reputation for honesty of the MyGolfSpy team

• I am not aware of knowing any other Spies

• From Ohio, but live in Northern VA currently

• I do not have a home course

• Best: lots of quality public courses/tournaments to play

• Worst: off-season in the winter

• Active duty military

• It's my name

Welcome!

I live in Richmond, but go up to DC/Rockville/Nova quite a bit - if I'm ever up there lets catch a round! If your military duties bring you down south a bit to the Richmond area, let me know!

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

:callaway-small: Rogue 3W

:cobra-small: King F7 5W

Sub70 939 3H

Lynx Black Cat //:cobra-small: King F8 5i-GW 

:ping-small: Tour-S 54*/12*

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

Tommy Armour 303 Milled Habanero 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing 52 years. Cap has been single digit for 51 years. Just barely now.

2. What do you love about golf? Scenery, Exercise, carry often. Socialness. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Looked up reviews. Ended up here. Saw forum. Figured I'd jump in. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Grew up Dallas, PA Irem CC was my home course growing up. Have lived in NJ and CT and FL and now VA

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Courses stay open all year. No worst, all good.

6. What do you do for a living? Retired from Reinsurance Industry. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Golf backwards...4 kids.

Epic Flash 9 &15

Titliest 915 18&21

Staff 5 to G

Ping SW

Wide Flange LW

TM Spider X

On 3/14/2020 at 7:30 PM, ben310135 said:

On 3/23/2020 at 4:48 PM, ballplayer002003 said:

Sweet, one of our admin is from your course.  You probably know him.  Where are you at Golfspy_CG2???  lol  Welcome!

Sorrry. It's been a bit crazy the past week.  Just catching up on this thread.  

Indeed I am there.  Well not right now as Ben is probably aware, we are shut down.   

When we are back open stop by Ben, I'm in the sales office.   

John. We need to get you down sometime soon again. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

27 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Indeed I am there.  Well not right now as Ben is probably aware, we are shut down.   

I was hoping to come down this spring before baby #2 came. Doesn't look likely now but damn it I'm going to make it happen eventually 

• Guests
Guest Ryan Zimmerman

Newer to the sport because I am just about to graduate from college (online now thanks to coronavirus).  I played a different sport at school so I am new to golf, but still shooting I  the mid 80s consistently. My goal is to break 80 by the end of this summer and to invest some in my game instead of only using hand-me-downs.  I love the mental aspect of golf and how it’s not as much of a physical strain as the sports I’ve played my whole life.  I’m from upstate NY and can’t wait to commit to this game which I have grown to love in such a short amount of time!

28 minutes ago, Justin Millsap said:

Hello, all.  Avid golfer active duty U.S. Marine here.  Looking forward to interacting with fellow golf gear junkies!

Thank you for your service.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

28 minutes ago, Justin Millsap said:

Hello, all.  Avid golfer active duty U.S. Marine here.  Looking forward to interacting with fellow golf gear junkies!

Where are you stationed dude? I am an avid active duty golfer as well.

:taylormade-small: M5 12* - ACCRA TZ6 55 M4 - 1.5* open, weight back & toe

:titelist-small: TS3 16.5* - ACCRA FX 2.0 370 M4 - B1 setting, neutral weight

:titelist-small: 818 H1 21* - TENSEI White 90 S - C1 setting, neutral weight

:mizuno-small: MP-20 MMC 4-PW - PX LZ 5.0 110g - 2* flat & 2* weak

:mizuno-small: T20 50.07*, 54.12*, 60.06* - PX LZ 5.5 115g - 2* flat

:scotty-small:  Newport 2 - 33"

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

18 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Indeed.  I am good anytime you want!  Hope all is well Rob!  Stay safe

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

1. Have been playing since high school.  According to the Golf Association of Philadelphia (GAP) I have an index of 6.6.  However, I am 68 years old and play from the forward tees on walkable courses.

2. I grew up as an "only child" (both my siblings were much older), so I love the individuality of it.  Never excelled at team sports.

3. I like the honest reviews and that they include a "best value" category.  That's important for those of us on fixed income.

4. I grew up in southeast Nebraska.  My first rounds of golf were played on a municipal course with sand greens.  Now I live in Mechanicsburg PA and my home course is Armitage Golf Club.

5. The best things are that there are a lot of golf courses within a 30 mile drive of my house.  The bad thing is that, in the past 5 years, we have lost 3 really great courses.  Seems the allure of real estate development wins out over golf.

6. Retired

7. I'm a Pennsylvania golfer.

On 2/11/2019 at 3:20 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:
  • How long have you been playing golf?  Since 1993

• What’s your handicap or normal score? 14.9/85

• What do you love about golf?The challenge, the frustration, the company, the solitude, the health aspects, the views.  

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Twitter/Instagram posts, but mostly the honest replies given to troll comments. 

• Where are you from? What is your home course? Denver/Longmont CO, I live just off of Ute Creek Golf Course in Longmont, Robert Trent Jones Jr Muni!  

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Seasonal, though we still play in snow and cold, but when there's a 6in layer of snow it's no bueno. 

• What do you do for a living? Sell real estate and IT Network Services for gov. 

• How’d you pick your user name? It's me, who I am and where I am. 

Edited by DCK720
Wrong thread 🤦🏻‍♂️

Been playing golf for 7 years now after I stopped playing baseball. My handicap is a 13 and my goal is to get to single digit this summer!

I love golf is a game that can be played by anyone and is so inclusive. You can travel and see beautiful parts of the world and play some incredible tracks. Rounds can be competitive or laid back and there’s no other sport like it!

I’ve always read MyGolfSpy and enjoyed their non-bias content. I do not know any other Spies but would love to get to know some in the future.

From Northern NJ, my home courses are the Bergen County Courses. Handicap is out of Valley Brook Golf Course.

Best thing about my region is there are some of the best golf courses in the world within a 50mi radius of NYC. Worst thing is the cost to play these great public courses and how expensive it is to join a private club.

Currently in Supply Chain/Logistic Sales