TESTERS WANTED! ×

Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Might help if i posted in the correct place.  My geography is off....apparently I think Maryland is in the PAC NW.

1. How long have you been playing golf? 30 year What’s your handicap or normal score? 3.9 handicap

2. What do you love about golf? Being outside w friends. Walking a quick 9 after work is a great way to unwind.  Lastly, you can always get better.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Honest content.  Other golf lovers.  Opportunity to test equipment and post review. Do you already know any other Spies? Not yet

4. Where are you from? Maryland What is your home course?  Turf Valley

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best would be layout of courses.  At my home course, we have two tracks.  One is open and long w lots of water.  The other is hilly, shortish, and tight.  Very different yet both very challenging!  Worst would be no year around golfing  

6. What do you do for a living? Finance

How’d you pick your user name? It’s what my wife calls me. Scott is my middle name. 

:titelist-small: TSR2 10.0 Fujikura Ventus TR Black 5x

:titelist-small: TSR2+ 14.5 degree Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6s

:titelist-small: TSR2 18 degree Graphite Design Tour AD UB 6s

:titelist-small: T200 Utility Build 4iron Graphite Design Tour AD DI

:titelist-small: T100s 5-P Dynamic Gold TI X100 

:vokey-small: SM 9 50, 54, 58

:cameron-small: Super Select Golo 6

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Hi all!

I've been lurking for a year or so, and just discovered being in the Recruit Group, since I've been only a lurker all that time.

Guess I need to introduce myself, then.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Started at age 12 with group lessons through Parks & Rec. Played off and on through college years, then took a hiatus while a career got going. Had a few years of playing and a few years off, then back about 6 years ago. Working harder on the game. Handicap is 14, currently, but, like everyone else, I aim to improve it.

2. What do you love about golf? Most everything. I love getting out in the fresh air and beautiful surroundings. I love competing against myself, and playing with friends (old and new).

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? No known Spies. Found MGS through an article I was reading on equipment, and have been hooked on the testing reports and reviews ever since.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I currently live in Southeastern Virginia. I play in a weekly league that plays about 15 courses in the area. Of course I have some I prefer (sadly, my favorite closed last year!), but not really a home course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: plenty of courses, fairly reasonable greens fees, and weather that lets me play nearly year 'round. Worst: most of the bunkers have hard-packed mud, so the club just bounces into the ball and a properly hit sand shot sends the ball either into the face or over the green. It's a challenge!

6. What do you do for a living? As little as possible. I'm officially retired, but am a part owner in a franchise business that is not local. I handle several aspects of that business from home. It's for sale, btw 🙂

7. How’d you pick your user name? Dreaming of breaking 80!

On 3/27/2020 at 7:50 PM, PA_Golfer said:
  1. Have been playing since high school.  According to the Golf Association of Philadelphia (GAP) I have an index of 6.6.  However, I am 68 years old and play from the forward tees on walkable courses.

2. I grew up as an "only child" (both my siblings were much older), so I love the individuality of it.  Never excelled at team sports.

3. I like the honest reviews and that they include a "best value" category.  That's important for those of us on fixed income.

4. I grew up in southeast Nebraska.  My first rounds of golf were played on a municipal course with sand greens.  Now I live in Mechanicsburg PA and my home course is Armitage Golf Club.

5. The best things are that there are a lot of golf courses within a 30 mile drive of my house.  The bad thing is that, in the past 5 years, we have lost 3 really great courses.  Seems the allure of real estate development wins out over golf.

6. Retired

7. I'm a Pennsylvania golfer.

I work in Camp Hill. Used to teach in Cumberland Valley SD haha. I'm only about a 20 minute drive from you! Let me know and we'll get out for a round once quarantine is over!

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

39 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

1. Where are you from? What is your home course? I currently live in Southeastern Virginia. I play in a weekly league that plays about 15 courses in the area. Of course I have some I prefer (sadly, my favorite closed last year!), but not really a home course.

I see you live in Suffolk based on your profile.   I live in Newport News and grew up in Suffolk.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Might help if i posted in the correct place.  My geography is off....apparently I think Maryland is in the PAC NW.

1. How long have you been playing golf? 30 year What’s your handicap or normal score? 3.9 handicap

2. What do you love about golf? Being outside w friends. Walking a quick 9 after work is a great way to unwind.  Lastly, you can always get better.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Honest content.  Other golf lovers.  Opportunity to test equipment and post review. Do you already know any other Spies? Not yet

4. Where are you from? Maryland What is your home course?  Turf Valley

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best would be layout of courses.  At my home course, we have two tracks.  One is open and long w lots of water.  The other is hilly, shortish, and tight.  Very different yet both very challenging!  Worst would be no year around golfing  

6. What do you do for a living? Finance

How’d you pick your user name? It’s what my wife calls me. Scott is my middle name. 

You're just down the road from me. I am up in Frederick but find myself just down the street from Turf Valley often. Big fan of the White Oak Tavern.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

1 minute ago, tchat07 said:

You're just down the road from me. I am up in Frederick but find myself just down the street from Turf Valley often. Big fan of the White Oak Tavern.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yes!!!!  Once this craziness passes, we have to get together with some other guys and play/have some beers/etc.  I know exactly where you are.  

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

I see you live in Suffolk based on your profile.   I live in Newport News and grew up in Suffolk.  

Awesome! I haven't played much on that side of the James (except The Hamptons), but I know there are some great courses there.

Been playing for about 15 years, but took a few years off.  Picking it back up the past 3 years and down to an 11.9 index.  Looking to get it down below 7 if possible this year.  Thinking it’s possible and would like to get back into some tournaments.

live in NJ, work in NYC - golf is the escape.

used to work at golf courses for about 8 years and played every day.  After a few year burn out it back to the game we all love - cheers

So am hearing of some golf courses in the MD/VA area still "closed" but will allow members to walk the course provided they do social distancing.  I am all for it.

Anyone else hearing/seeing this?

1. I have been playing for almost 40 years and handicap is currently around 9.

2. What do you love about golf?  Really love being outside, walking and the social aspect of the game.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I have been reading MyGolfSpy for a few years and started listening to the podcasts the past year.  Not sure if I currently know any other Spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I live in the Philadelphia Suburbs and have been a member at North Hills Country Club for 25 years.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Lots of really awesome golf courses in the Philadelphia area.  Very many of them are private but there are probably 20 great courses within 15-20 miles from my house.

6. What do you do for a living?  I work for a large software company in the Cybersecurity space

7. How’d you pick your user name?  I have used that user name as a former email address and user name for many years

On 4/3/2020 at 7:29 PM, JScott said:

So am hearing of some golf courses in the MD/VA area still "closed" but will allow members to walk the course provided they do social distancing.  I am all for it.

If they are "allowing" it in places where courses are required to be closed, they're breaking the law.  For my club in VA, we're open, with a bunch of (appropriate) restrictions.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

On 4/3/2020 at 7:29 PM, JScott said:

Courses in Virginia aren't required to close by state order.  They can remain open as long as all appropriate social distancing measures are observed.  Individual localities within Virginia may choose to implement local rules against courses remaining open but nothing from the state level has been initiated.

My home club in southwest Virginia is open but have several appropriate restrictions in place.  I have played more than a dozen times over the past three weeks.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? - been playing since i was little kid but stop for years to focus on other sports, I been back playing consistently for over 2 years now. I play at a 20 Handicap. 

2. What do you love about golf? I love that every shot is on you for the most part there are no teams. Also its such a hard sport I love the challenges. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? - I saw MGS on instagram and I was like wtf is this. I really thought it was some type of spam or fake site. I checked it out and saw all the unbiased testing which is what I always wondered when buying equipment is it hype or truth. I don't know any other spies on this site. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am originally from Philadelphia, but now live in Collingswood, NJ. I was going to join Merchantville CC but held off for right now. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Winter hard to play in the winter months 

6. What do you do for a living? Accounting/Financial professional 

7. How’d you pick your user name? name and numbers baby. 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

Hi Everyone,

Just want to introduce myself. Im a long time reader, Ive just never posted. Lets get to it:

1) Im 34 yrs old. Ive been playing golf since I was about 12-13 yrs old. My grandfather was an occasional golfer and had a mixed set of MacGregors and other clubs in a canvas bag. All three woods were persimmon heads. The 5 wood actually had a wooden shaft. I had watched some golf on TV one summer and thought I might like to try that, so I watched more and practiced in the yard until I thought I knew how to swing. I lived next to our municipal course so I took those clubs over to the course and bought a sleeve and played nine. I shot a 63 on that nine the first time. Its one of the few scores I remember from back then. For the next several years I played 4-5 days a week, upgrading a WalMart set of Wilsons, eventually to some knock off Callaways and the rest is history. I played in high school on the team, but after that life got in the way and I only played 3-4 times per year max. Last year I rededicated myself to playing and taking lessons. I started tracking my handicap this year, Im playing at 8.2 now. Ive made significant strides, playing a couple times per week and practicing at the range and green a couple days a week. 

2) The thing I love about golf is the feeling of hitting that great shot. It may only come once or twice a round, but when I plan to draw a shot onto the green just so, and it does it. There are few better feelings. Now I just need to string more of those together!

3) I have really been getting into equipment a lot this last year. I had my first fitting after using the same clubs for about 11 yrs (2007 Nike Pro Combos). Im the kind of guy that reads every single review on the internet for something I am considering buying. MyGolfSpy has been a great resource in looking into golf technology. I love that so much testing is done, independently. It gives me a great data point to consider when looking at equipment to buy. The golf ball study and testing has been invaluable as I search for the right type of ball to play.

4) Im from Reston, VA. Im not a member but I play at Reston National more than any other course.

5) The best part of playing in my area has been good weather that lasts into the winter. I can play almost 11 months out of the year here. I just have to be willing to play in the 40s sometimes. The worst part is probably more course dependent, but when we get a lot of rain, its seems like the courses around here dont drain well and you can get plugged lies and bad course conditions. Also, pace of play is too slow in the summer around here. I like to play fast.

6) I work in IT.

7) I dont really know, I think its just something I was saying when I was signing up for the forum.

On 3/26/2020 at 9:30 PM, jlukes said:

I was hoping to come down this spring before baby #2 came. Doesn't look likely now but damn it I'm going to make it happen eventually 

@jlukes I am assuming you have played at this course before? What has been your favorite course to play at?  

:callaway-small: Rouge 10.5

:tour-edge: 3 Wood

:tour-edge: 4 & 5 Hybrid

:tour-edge: 6-9 Irons

:callaway-small: MD3 46degree

:ping-small: Sand Wedge

:odyssey-small: EXO 2-ball slant stroke lab putter

On 3/17/2020 at 10:09 PM, PAgolfer2017 said:

That is awesome my wife and I both started to play around the same time...of course she is more of a natural than I am but I am hoping to get together with folks...once I stop embarrassing myself out on the course.  

Welcome! We head down to Compasse Point each yea4 and play a round with Spies! Nice track! Welcome to MGS!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

On 3/26/2020 at 9:02 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

@Golfspy_CG2 Yes it has been a little crazy I think if the courses open up this year it is going to be insanely busy. I like this course I have taken a couple lessons with Corey and he is great. Now if only I could play on the course while I am not working. 

Sorrry. It's been a bit crazy the past week.  Just catching up on this thread.  

Indeed I am there.  Well not right now as Ben is probably aware, we are shut down.   

When we are back open stop by Ben, I'm in the sales office.   

John. We need to get you down sometime soon again. 

I have really been enjoying all the information put out by MyGolf Spy for about a year.  One of my buddies in my golf group turned me on to the site initially with the ball cutting and testing.  I love the No Putts Given podcast as well and felt the next natural step would be to get more involves in the forum.  Looking forward to getting tons of information and opinions from all the Spies!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 Driver

Callaway Rogue ST irons 5-AW

Taylor Made MG3 wedges

Ping G425 3wood

Callaway UW hybrid

Cameron putter

1. I've been playing 3 years and I ended last season at a 9.5. I was instantly hooked and was fortunate enough to work a few blocks from an indoor range. I joined, hit balls about 3x a week and some lessons during the first 18 months which really helped me out.

2. I grew up playing ice hockey pretty competitively. I really loved obsessing over details and being able to work on my game outside of regular practices. As an adult (and newly a dad), golf is the one thing that lets me get my sports fix while also filling my obsessive nature. No matter how much better I get, there are always a million ways to get better!

3. I've been following MyGolfSpy for over a year and they are my bible for new equipment. I actually didn't realize they had a forum and always used golfwrx before.

4. From Los Angeles but live in Jersey City now. Skyway is my main course.

5. Worst is the weather and pace of play. Finding a course where you get get in a sub 5 hour round is near impossible. The best part is the number of indoor ranges that have opened up.

6. I work in operations for a tech company.

7. I am both obsessive and indecisive. I spend hours and hours researching a putter grip but then can't get myself to actually buy it and try it out.

9* Epic Max LS 9* ADDI 6X

3W F9 ADDI 7X / 2i MP20 HMB AD DI 85S

3-PW MP20 Mixed (3,4 HMB; 5-PW MCC) KBS $Taper

50, 54, 58 RTX4

New putter each round until I stop sucking

Srixon Zstar Yellow

Hi everyone, I'm very excited to join the community.  I've been reading the site religiously since an article appeared on ESPN last year.  I immediately loved what the site's mission is: calling out the bought and paid for "hot list" garbage where everyone gets a medal.  I'm addicted to the data driven articles and suggestions on this site. 

I'm from Central Jersey, have been a 12 handicapper for about 6 years and I'm determined to get better by putting some real thought into my equipment and game.

My username is taken from the laid back course in Central Jersey where I fell in love with the game playing with my buddies post college: Gambler Ridge. 

Looking forward to engaging in this community!

• Driver:cobra-small: F9 Speedback 9 degree / Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60 Stiff
  • 3 Wood:callaway-small:  X Series / Callaway 70g Mid/Low Torque Graphite 
  • 5 Wood:callaway-small: X Series / Callaway 70g Mid/Low Torque Graphite
  • 3 Hybrid:callaway-small: X Series / Callaway 80g Mid/Mid Torque Graphite
  • 4-PW,AW:taylormade-small: RocketBladez / Taylormade RocketFuel Steel
  • LW:vokey-small: BV 60-04 
  • Putter:1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact Series No. 3
  • Ball:  :Snell:MTB-X Optic Yellow

1. Started in college but took a few years off during grad school. Currently around a 14 handicap according to swingu

2. The challenge against yourself

3. The massive golf ball review brought me over at first but here for the forums now.

4. Originally from NYC but currently in DC. Usually play Augustine in Stafford, VA.

5. Winter

6. politics

7. play on my last name

playing 5 years  - if we play this year

I'm around a 20 handicap.

trying to get a feel for my best bag setup. 

Play in Philly/NJ/DE - any where I can get on

Been a part of MGS  about year. The unbiased reviews of equipment 

picked my name off of my real name and favorite number

Edited by djaxgolf21
hit enter before finishing

Love to play in HOT weather

Hi all, I’m from southwest Pennsylvania.  Excited to join the MGS forums.  

1.  This will be my 5th season playing.  I always loved watching and the video games, but didn’t seriously pick up a club until 2015. I got bit by the bug HARD. I just signed up for a GHIN number last year and play off a 14 trending down in a hurry.  

2.  I love the data and precision of golf.  It’s amazing the effect a few millimeters or a couple of degrees have on a shot. The engineering aspect to the equipment is also something I find fascinating. 

3.  I’ve been lurking around the MGS reviews, tests and forums for a while.  I’m a member of other golf forums and decided to was time to round out the lineup. 

4.  Like I stated above, I’m from Pittsburgh, Pa.  Specifically, the south hills of Pittsburgh.  A majority of my fahh CJ elite course are 45 minutes+ away.  I primarily play at Cranberry Highlands & Birdsfoot. 

5. Worst thing about Pa golf is the sheer number of golfable days   Like most states in this forum, we’re seasonal.  And it feels like it’s always raining in Pittsburgh   Best thing is the number of courses within an hour or he city in any direction   

6.  I work in paid media advertising for a national agency as a digital strategist. I also do some freelancing on the side.  I’m an expert in the Google ecosystem and in big-picture brand management.  I’m also a professional ultimate frisbee player.

7.  Nothing exciting here    Nickname  

What’s up guys. With my brain and game on quarantine it felt like a good enough to officially start posting. 

im based in Brooklyn, play mostly public golf in the New York area but got a car last year so I could venture out and take advantage of club invites from friends. 

high single digit golfer fluctuating between 6-9 (prob higher after all this). Gear head and golf nut. Here is a pic of one of my prized buys: some National Custom Works irons that made their debut round in Scotland a couple year ago. 

1FE7A685-A1F8-42E0-82E4-85F3C67FA980.jpeg

1. I  have dabbled my whole life but got serious about 4 years ago. Handicap hovers between a 7-10 and I usually shoot 85 and below.

2. Best thing about golf is the personal challenge, i am only trying to beat myself from yesterday.... I also like it when ball go far......

3. I have been reading and following MGS for many years; i am a huge on course advocate to the dismay of some of my playing partners. I have come across a few casual readers.

4. Central MD; Montgomery CC.

5. This region has A LOT of accessible courses, the DMV area is unassumingly well stocked. There are places that can get pretty uppity; not always my style i can deal with it if the course is worth it...   

6. Ops manager for a Restoration/Construction company 

7. High school email account... still kicking. 

greetings everyone, My name is Mike, i'm a veteran of the USAF now retired after 23 years.  I enjoy everything about golf, its my therapy. 😄

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?   I've been playing for about 15 years, picked it up late in life, I hang around 90 but have days well below.  Its usually my driver that fails me, just can't figure out that damned club.

2. What do you love about golf? That its just me and that little white ball. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? No, more time at home to read, came across it by accident. I was looking for a deal on the optishot and found your forum through there. But this is cool forum, think I'll hang for a while.... 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in Malta, NY just outside of Saratoga Ny, I normally play at Eaglecrest  in clifton Park Ny but have a walking membership up north in Hudson Falls at a course named Kingsbury National Golf Club.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is fall golf, so beautiful.  Worst are the long winters.

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a Project Manager at Knolls Atomic Labs.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It was something from my youth, I grew up in Queens Ny.

Mike McLellan

I was once given a tip to take 5 strokes off my game, it was called an "Eraser". 🤣

Hi there, i am Giulio, Italian born from Roma and living in Brooklyn in the last 10 years. I am 49 and would love to find playing partners!

1. Started playing 3 years ago in Atlanta where i moved for work. Played there every day (i was living on a course) and improved very quickly at the beginning. Now i play as many round as possible in NY. I am a 13 handicap shooting mid 80s.

2. I love the fact that you can't master it! And that for 4 hrs you are out in the nature not thinking to anything than that little ball. Also great excuse for not to be disturbed.. "sorry i am on a golf course" ahahahah

3. My Golf Spy came to me thru internet research. Love the totally honest reviews and this is first forum i participate and seems really good without stupid trolls and people insulting each others! Great job

4. Again, i am from Brooklyn, NY. I play mostly at Bethpage, Marine Park and Eisenower. i am also Clubcorp Away (still from Atlanta) member and play Engineers and other ones in the region.

5. NY has Bethpage! Thats just a treat. Also Many great courses in Long Island and even in adiacent NJ. Downside... Slow Pace of Play..

6. I own restaurants (pizza) and travel the world to teach the art of pizza making

7. My nickname comes from my young one when i was GoGo dancer ahahaahaasha

:ping-small: G400 9.0 Alta CB 55g stiff

:ping-small: G400 3W Alta CB 65g stiff

:Sub70: Fairway Pro 5W Ust Mamiya V2 black stiff

:Sub70: 839X 4h Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: 639cb 5-PW Kbs TGI80

:Sub70: Forged Wedge  50.7 Kbs TGI80

:callaway-small: MD4 56.8, 60.12

PXG Bat Attack

:Snell: MTB-X

On 3/17/2020 at 5:30 PM, aaa12 said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started around June of 2019. I decided to take lessons around Nov/Dec 2019. I have not really played enough on the course to get my handicap so I would say 36.

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge to get better every time you play and mental toughness to get through all holes with the same discipline throughout.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I saw a post about testers required for Ping Irons and that is where I found out about the existence of this forum. I do not know any other spies yet. I will ask my real life friends if they are part of this forum.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am originally from the Philippines, moved to Singapore and now based here in the US. I am in NJ. My home course will be Galloping Hills in Union County though Skyway Golf in Jersey City is literally 5min drive from my place.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - there is plenty of courses to choose from within decent driving distances. Worst - can't play during winter.

6. What do you do for a living? I work for a Swiss Bank.

7. How’d you pick your user name? AAA being the first letters of my first name and last name. 12 is my jersey number since high school.

If the courses ever open we will have to play together. My two main courses last season were skyway and galloping!

9* Epic Max LS 9* ADDI 6X

3W F9 ADDI 7X / 2i MP20 HMB AD DI 85S

3-PW MP20 Mixed (3,4 HMB; 5-PW MCC) KBS $Taper

50, 54, 58 RTX4

New putter each round until I stop sucking

Srixon Zstar Yellow

On 2/11/2019 at 5:20 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Mid-Atlantic Region

New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

Here goes:

1. Been playing for a few decades. Handicap (unofficial) is around 18, but that's not an official handicap. Been shooting in the mid-80's but not immune to low 90's on a bad day. Oddly, I can play well on a challenging course and lousy on an easy one - go figure.
  2. When I still worked (now retired) golf was how I got away and just relaxed. I would tell myself (and still do) that there is nothing else I would rather be doing and no place else I would rather be, just to remind myself that whatever the score it was the best thing I could be doing. Since retiring I have been working on my game...and likely will be as long as I play. 
  3. Long time MyGolfSpy reader. Don't know any other Spies - but then how would I, if they are Spies??
  4. Pittsburgh is my adopted home. My home course is probably Saxon, although I like Buffalo, Birdsfoot, Suncrest and Pittsburgh North. Former member of River Forest, but let that go this year - happy to discuss if anyone is interested.
  5. The availability of good public courses at very reasonable prices is the primary advantage of living in Pittsburgh. Slow play is the worst thing, but really its just an occasional irritant. 
  6. I was a transit system planner/project manager before retiring - primarily rail transit but also bus, busways, one cablecar and pretty much whatever a client would pay for that I could do competently.
  7. User name is just a placeholder I suppose. No special meaning (I thought GolfGod would be a bit presumptious - and amazingly inaccurate, maybe GolfDud, I have to think on that).

Full PXG + Evnroll