Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

How long have you been playing golf?

A; Since I watched Tiger dominate the field at the 97 Masters!

What’s your handicap or normal
score?

A: according to the new GHIN it is 4.8 index, after this hiatus because of covid, it may go up

What do you love about golf?

A: I love the feeling of instant gratification after each shot, whether it is positive or negative, you get an idea on what part of the game needs improvement or left alone.

I also love the camaraderie with the fellow golfer and the conversations about past rounds and memorable shots!

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

A: I enjoy reading the reviews and the forums, and the ability to chime in every now and then.

Don't really know any other spies, hope to meet some in my area and get out for a round!

Where are you from? What is your home course?

A: Hummelstown, PA and my home course is Range End Golf Club, and Dauphin Highlands Golf Course

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

A: right now with Covid-19, the courses being closed is the obvious answer, there are many different layouts, and the courses are generally well kept!

What do you do for a living?

A: I am. Registered Nurse in interventional radiology, I get to keep patients comfortable during procedures with medications!

How’d you pick your user name?

HoleOutNo1, that stems from holing out from the fairway a handful of times, but I have never had a hole in one!551136880.jpeg30550537.jpeg1884363138.jpeg814673250.jpeg1185739552.jpeg597565480.jpeg1754537208.jpeg16039083.jpeg

Sent from my LG-H931 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

score?

A: according to the new GHIN it is 4.8 index, after this hiatus because of covid, it may go up

A: I love the feeling of instant gratification after each shot, whether it is positive or negative, you get an idea on what part of the game needs improvement or left alone.

I also love the camaraderie with the fellow golfer and the conversations about past rounds and memorable shots!

A: I enjoy reading the reviews and the forums, and the ability to chime in every now and then.

Don't really know any other spies, hope to meet some in my area and get out for a round!

A: Hummelstown, PA and my home course is Range End Golf Club, and Dauphin Highlands Golf Course

A: right now with Covid-19, the courses being closed is the obvious answer, there are many different layouts, and the courses are generally well kept!

A: I am. Registered Nurse in interventional radiology, I get to keep patients comfortable during procedures with medications!

HoleOutNo1, that stems from holing out from the fairway a handful of times, but I have never had a hole in one!551136880.jpeg.10283fbebca95f2312100de1b4cb9321.jpeg30550537.jpeg.844a7f51773dcbc5f2e05dc61fc2cb9c.jpeg1884363138.jpeg.8a37210be5138449c621a1b876787a51.jpeg814673250.jpeg.fb98415b13b9675693af02e03eefac73.jpeg1185739552.jpeg.0fddc44066b2c0c6b141f4d02dd6f115.jpeg597565480.jpeg.adf1e7aff075c573dcb638dd6b652123.jpeg1754537208.jpeg.9dc3b4be7501d0cea83e47da0990fa6b.jpeg16039083.jpeg.86eb447b9db44be2078aac6106d804a5.jpeg

Hey welcome to MGS! I live in Etters so I’m not too far from any of those courses! Once the restrictions let up we should get out for a round!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Hey welcome to MGS! I live in Etters so I’m not too far from any of those courses! Once the restrictions let up we should get out for a round!

Come to Va .... no restrictions!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

1. I've been playing golf for nearly 40 years.  Currently an 8.9 HCP.

2. I love the challenge of putting the last shot (good or bad) out of your mind and playing the next shot.

3. I found MGS several years ago when they did the K-Sig vs Pro V1 review.  I know a few casual MGS readers, but no one who is overly active.

4. Originally from Nebraska, but been in VA for 35 years.  I play a private club on the south side of the river in Richmond.

5. Best thing is you can pretty much play year round.  The worst thing is that at least in the Richmond area there are no really good public courses, and the decent public courses are usually packed on weekends - so private is the best way to get a good golf course and a less than 4 hour round on weekends.  But obviously there is a huge cost factor.

6. Currently unemployed (thanks coronavirus), but have spent the last 20+ years in telecommunications.

7. C5 is shorthand for the 5th generation of Corvette, which I drove for many years.  Hokie is for Va Tech where I graduated from.

On 4/18/2020 at 11:44 PM, HoleOutNo1 said:

score?

A: according to the new GHIN it is 4.8 index, after this hiatus because of covid, it may go up emoji34.png

HoleOutNo1, that stems from holing out from the fairway a handful of times, but I have never had a hole in one!551136880.jpeg30550537.jpeg1884363138.jpeg814673250.jpeg1185739552.jpeg597565480.jpeg1754537208.jpeg16039083.jpeg

On 4/19/2020 at 7:55 AM, PAgolfer2017 said:

I have been wanting to get up to Dauphine Highlands for many years,  I  believe it's still one of our manged courses.   Gotta add that to the list of Road Trips this year once things open up! 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

On 3/28/2020 at 10:21 AM, T Shot said:

1.T Shot  live in lower slower Delaware Home Course Bayside G C  Fenwick island

2 handicap is 6 have play golf for 50 years

FINALLY!!!!!!!  Another Delaware member!  Welcome, I am up in Dover and play out of Maple Dale

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

32 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I have been wanting to get up to Dauphine Highlands for many years,  I  believe it's still one of our manged courses.   Gotta add that to the list of Road Trips this year once things open up! 

Yes! That's only a 20 minute trip from my house! Nice course!

I been playing about 40 years.

I play for fun and competition, I play senior Amateur Golf tournaments

I play NYC courses and Lon Island courses mostly

i joined GolfSpy because I am a golf Junkie.

I am a salesman 

WITB:

Driver:  Taylormade  SLDR Fujikura XLR8 61 S RH.   

3 Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 3W

Hybrid: Ping G400 3 Hyb 19 degree S

Irons: Titleist 710 AP1 5-PW Aerotek Steelfiber i110 cw S RH standard lie 

Wedges: 50 Callaway MD 4, 54 Vokey SM5, 58 Callaway Forged

Putters: Ping Grayhawk Putter

9 hours ago, c5hokie said:
  1. I've been playing golf for nearly 40 years.  Currently an 8.9 HCP.

2. I love the challenge of putting the last shot (good or bad) out of your mind and playing the next shot.

3. I found MGS several years ago when they did the K-Sig vs Pro V1 review.  I know a few casual MGS readers, but no one who is overly active.

4. Originally from Nebraska, but been in VA for 35 years.  I play a private club on the south side of the river in Richmond.

5. Best thing is you can pretty much play year round.  The worst thing is that at least in the Richmond area there are no really good public courses, and the decent public courses are usually packed on weekends - so private is the best way to get a good golf course and a less than 4 hour round on weekends.  But obviously there is a huge cost factor.

6. Currently unemployed (thanks coronavirus), but have spent the last 20+ years in telecommunications.

7. C5 is shorthand for the 5th generation of Corvette, which I drove for many years.  Hokie is for Va Tech where I graduated from.

Welcome! Which club? I'm assuming Willow Oaks from your answer

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

:callaway-small: Rogue 3W

:cobra-small: King F7 5W

Sub70 939 3H

Lynx Black Cat //:cobra-small: King F8 5i-GW 

:ping-small: Tour-S 54*/12*

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

Tommy Armour 303 Milled Habanero 

Come to Va .... no restrictions!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If I didn’t have 3 kids I would!! Haha

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’ve been playing golf for close to 30 years, started playing seriously when I was 10 then played through high school, took a break when I joined the Navy and picked it back up close to 10 years ago now.  I’m currently a 7 handicap, but am looking to cut that in half.  

2. What do you love about golf? I love getting outside, meeting new people and have had the chance to play all over this country and love the variety of courses  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I’m looking to read different view points on golf, golf equipment and courses  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in Centreville, VA and I have a membership to Heritage Hunt Golf Club  I also belong to the NOVA Golf Club which is an online club and we play at courses all over Northern Virginia and Maryland  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing: the variety and quality of public golf  The worst thing: the cost, public course golf is way overpriced in Northern VA  

6. What do you do for a living? I’m a analyst for the government  

7. How’d you pick your user name? My username is Nova for Northern Virginia, golfer and 79 is the year I was born 

Looking forward to reading and learning more on here and meet new people. 

Sean

Titleist TS3 8.5

Titleist TS3 13.5

Taylormade P790 3iron

Callaway X forged 4-P

Taylormade Milled Grind 50,54,58

Bettinardi Queen Bee 6

Titleist Pro V1x

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I started playing golf at 13.  I played a good bit through 17, on and off during college, law school and my first few years at work, then only once in a great while for 30 years or so raising kids, working, etc.  Joined a country club in Rockville, MD about four years ago as I slowed down from work and have improved my handicap from about 23 to 15 since then.  I shot in the 80s when I was young, but had not done so for many years until a couple of years ago.  Now my average score is between 89 and 90.  I am about 65.

2. What do you love about golf?  After spending 30+ years inside in an office, the greatest things about playing golf are being outside, smelling fresh air and being with friends.  I also like the challenge of trying to get better.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  YouTube videos.  I don't know any spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  My home course is Lakewood Country Club in Rockville, MD.  Lakewood dates to the 1950s or so, but the course was redone about 15 years ago by Rees Jones, so it is a pretty challenging course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Right now, the worst thing is that they are closed.  Normally, winter is too long.

6. What do you do for a living?  Retired.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  My initials.

• :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0311 Gen 6 Hybrids 3-28 and 31 degrees.
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • LAB DF3 putter - 33 inches long, 71 degree lie angle, Accra shaft
  • Bridgestone B X or Titleist Pro V-1x

1.  I have been playing golf for about 9 years now, I started late but I will be playing until I can't swing anymore. 

2. I love the being outside in nature while playing a competitive game that has integrity.  I love keeping my real score. 

3. I joined a few years ago.  Before going to Law School I worked at Golfsmith between Lexingtion and 3rd ave in NYC, basically to make some cash while using the simulators and talking golf with some folks. 

4. I am from a small town on the East End of Long Island.  I don't really consider any course "home" I am a nomad.  I play alot of golf at a scrappy old muni called Indian Island.  I enjoy playing Bethpage Black and Trump Ferry Point a few times each year. 

5. The Winter, when courses close.  When I was working in the golf industry I would play through the winters on long island but those days are long gone.  

6. Struggling Attorney. 

7. My name, and old basketball jersey number. 

Hello Group,

1. Well should I really admit to this to give my age.  I started in 1983 in Walt Disney World on their 6 hole course in November with my brother and dad.  In recent days I just dropped my best round and dropped my handicap to 8.2.  I typically shot upper 70's to the low 80's for a guy that plays once a week usually.

2.  I love the people you can meet when playing solo or in a league.  It is my escape place and can always be improving my game.  This is coming from someone who is impatient too.  People ask how in the world can I play golf with the level of patients one needs for the game.  Well, I am outdoors and do not have to worry.

3.  My brother got me connected to this site, and have been coming to look at the reviews on certain things.

4.  Live in a small community of Culpeper, VA.  I play a public course Meadows Farm, which has the longest hole that one can play from the tips measuring about 860 yards par 6.  Of course there is a pond (actually 2 ponds) that can really destroy your round.  It is 27 holes and has some challenging holes.

5.  Couple of the downside where I live is that I have to travel about 25 minutes to get to the closest course to play.  On top of it, it is expensive, and almost all places make you ride, or no price break if you want to walk.  Where I play, does bring some great people that I can relate with.

6.  Currently I am a para-educator working on my masters in special education.

7.  Part of my last name that my best friend came up with to call me, and it stuck.

Salisbury New Taylormade M1 Demo - Tailor Made Logo Png Clipart ...Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 10.5*

Mizuno Irons: JPX 923 Tour

Irons: Proto Rose

Ladies Golf Balls - Titleist Golf Logo Clipart (#110861) - PinClipartWedges: SM7 52.08; SM6 60.04

Cleveland Golf Png & Free Cleveland Golf.png Transparent Images ...Wedges: Zip core: 54, and 58 

Callaway Golf Wedge: Jaws 50

Salisbury New Taylormade M1 Demo - Tailor Made Logo Png Clipart ... Putter: Platinum S

Odyssey putter: Jail Bird

Hello!  I'm from Southwestern Pennsylvania. My home course is the Cloverleaf GC in Delmont, PA, where I am a league member.  I play most of the courses in the area, from Latrobe, Norvelt & Greensburg and often times out to Ohio.

Since the Pandemic kept me homebound,  I searched several golf forums, and MGS was simply the best of what I had been looking for.  

I work operations for a bank, and I wish I had more time to work on lowering my handicap.   

On 4/25/2020 at 12:56 PM, bjohn15 said:
  1. Struggling Attorney. 

I am the best kind of Attorney - a retired Attorney.

• :taylormade-small: Sim 2 Driver Fujikura Ventus Blue 6R shaft
  • :taylormade-small:Sim 2 5 wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 5R shaft
  •  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311 Gen 5 Seven Wood Project X Cypher 50 5.5 shaft.
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrid 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at C4 setting (flat for lefties)
  • th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0311 Gen 6 Hybrids 3-28 and 31 degrees.
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex bent 2 degrees flat
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft bent 2 degrees flat
  • LAB DF3 putter - 33 inches long, 71 degree lie angle, Accra shaft
  • Bridgestone B X or Titleist Pro V-1x

12 hours ago, Wicki said:

Hello Group,

1. Well should I really admit to this to give my age.  I started in 1983 in Walt Disney World on their 6 hole course in November with my brother and dad.  In recent days I just dropped my best round and dropped my handicap to 8.2.  I typically shot upper 70's to the low 80's for a guy that plays once a week usually.

2.  I love the people you can meet when playing solo or in a league.  It is my escape place and can always be improving my game.  This is coming from someone who is impatient too.  People ask how in the world can I play golf with the level of patients one needs for the game.  Well, I am outdoors and do not have to worry.

3.  My brother got me connected to this site, and have been coming to look at the reviews on certain things.

4.  Live in a small community of Culpeper, VA.  I play a public course Meadows Farm, which has the longest hole that one can play from the tips measuring about 860 yards par 6.  Of course there is a pond (actually 2 ponds) that can really destroy your round.  It is 27 holes and has some challenging holes.

5.  Couple of the downside where I live is that I have to travel about 25 minutes to get to the closest course to play.  On top of it, it is expensive, and almost all places make you ride, or no price break if you want to walk.  Where I play, does bring some great people that I can relate with.

6.  Currently I am a para-educator working on my masters in special education.

7.  Part of my last name that my best friend came up with to call me, and it stuck.

Welcome! I'm in Culpeper quite a bit for work, it's one of my favorite drives through the mountains from Richmond

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

Sub70 939 3H

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

1. How long have you been playing golf? Very new, under a year. What’s your handicap or normal score? 25+

2. What do you love about golf? It’s a way to get outside and creatively exercise  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I found it through Reddit   

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in Northern VA and haven’t picked a home course yet. Lake Ridge is the closest to me.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? There are a lot of options, but it can get expensive.

6. What do you do for a living? I am an apprentice electrician.

7. How’d you pick your user name? First name, last initial, and I went to Virginia Tech.

Driver: :wilson-small: Profile SGI 10.5*

Hybrid (4H): :tour-edge: Hot Launch 4 22*

Hybrid (5H): :wilson-small: Profile SGI

Irons (6-PW, SW): :wilson-small: Profile SGI

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot XG #1

1. How long have you been playing golf? 20 years. What’s your handicap or normal score? 8

2. What do you love about golf? Every course is different. Even the same course plays different every time  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Played with a guy yesterday who reminded me of MGS and thought I’d do more than lurk  

4. Where are you from? Live in Northern Va

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Good courses to pick from, lots of long rounds  

6. What do you do for a living? I am a IT project manager 

7. How’d you pick your user name? name and favorite number 

hey everyone, I live in Baltimore. Don't play much especially now as Maryland is 1/5 states to close their golf courses.

1. I played when I was younger but picked it back up about 5 years ago, and currently score in the 90's

2. I love drinking a few beers with friends on the course while trying to improve my game.

3. I've been getting email for about a year and decided to check it out.

4. I usually play the 5 Baltimore city courses.

5. Not being able to play year round definitely sucks.

6.I am in Project management for a Mid Atlantic General Contractor.

7. Something I've always used.

Hi! I'm a Jersey boy.

• I've been playing golf for about 25 years 
  • I love the fact that golf is something I can do for the next 25 years
  • Best thing I ever did was get my wife playing when we were dating, it doubled my rounds per year.
  • I stumbled on GolfSpy when looking for equipment reviews.
  • I'm down the Jersey Shore. I play all the Monmouth County courses
  • Only down side is having to go to work
  • I work in manufacturing up north 

Driver-:ping-small: G400

3W, 5W-:ping-small: G400

Hybrid-:ping-small: 22 

irons- PW-5-:ping-small: G30

Wedges - :callaway-small: Mack Daddy- 52,54,60

Putter- :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

Hi to all and happy to meet all in this group:

. I do find it difficult to navigate this site. Not easy to find where to click to get going. I have been playing this game for 66 Years. My grandfather was from Glasgow Scotland. He would talk to me about golf being the game of life. Meaning the game has ups and downs. Good breaks and bad breaks just like life. My Mom and Dad both played and when I was about eight years old, the Pro at our club, James Carson "Hutch" Hutchins cut down a "Spoon" for me. I hit that club everywhere. My Dad's sister worked for the Pederson Golf club company in Wilton Connecticut. She game me a putter that they made for me. I was all set with my two clubs. This was at the Woodstock County Club in Woodstock ,NY.  I grew up on that course and caddied there when I became old enough to caddy. Best summer job ever back in those days and learned a lot more about the game. 

I played a lot of golf and always wanted to be a Pro. I was a Pro in the early 70's to the early 80's. Married incorrectly and left the business. I have always regretted that I didn't stay in it. The best handicap I carried was a plus 2. Currently I'm a 5. My home course is Stamford CC built in 1897 in Stamford NY. Playing golf in the Catskill Mountains is really nice from April thru Mid November. Sometimes shorter and longer depending on the weather. There really isn't a down side to mountain living. It's a wonderful life style. I'm an Associate Real Estate Broker. That is what I do for a living. It allows me to play golf because I'm an independent contractor. That's why my user name is "Realtor"

Hi,

I started playing golf in 2006 at 43 years old.  My handicap tends to range from 6-9 (higher in the winter..LOL).  

I worked at a course in New Kent VA back in the 70's and always thought the game was interesting, but didn't pursue it as an adult.  In my 40's my business interests coincided with golf and I was quickly hooked on playing and not embarrassing myself.  I really enjoy the self challenge to learn and adapt to my own swing, my body, the course I am playing and the environment.  It is a unique blend of focus and peace for me and golf has helped me with some of my best business deals.

I went so far as to become a Mitchell Master Club Fitter and set up my own club shop.  It is fun trying to understand how the science effects the feel of the player and I really enjoy the opportunities to help others work on the clubs, etc.  As part of that, I started following My Golf Spy around 2011 and really like the in depth analysis and play Snell golf balls as a result of their work.

I am originally from New Kent VA and after years in Nashville, TN, moved back in 2010.  I am a member of the Club at Viniterra.  I really enjoy my home course, but use my privileges to play Royal New Kent when I can and I venture out to the many nice courses in our area as often as I can.

My favorite thing in my area is the course selection.  My least favorite is cold and wet winters...LOL.

I am an entrepreneur and have my fingers in a few things.

My username is based on my first initial and nickname from Nashville.

Also, I really like Mizuno irons and wedges, I use a Whitlam putter and Ping G410 LST driver and TM M2 3 Metal (Tour Ad shafts in D and 3M).

Happy Golfing!  

:ping-small:       Driver:  G410 LST 9 +1 Flat w/Tour AD DI 6X Orange

:taylormade-small:  3 Metal:   M2 13 degree w/Tour AD DJ 7X Orange

:titelist-small:          Hybrid:  818 21 

:mizuno-small:        4-PW:  MP 20  w/Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small:        Wedges: 50-54-58: Mizuno MP T20 w/DG S400

:whitlam-golf-1:    Putter:  Joseph SS303 w/Super Stroke Fatso 5.0

:Snell:  Ball:  MTB Black

:1590477705_SunMountain: C130 S    🇺🇸    :skycaddie:

I have been playing golf off and on for around 30 years but never with any regularity. Now that I am semi-retired I hope to change all of that. I am a U.S. Army veteran and a member of the Veteran Golf Association (VGA). I joined the VGA to get out and play more with golfers that share that common background. I shoot around 100. I love the challenge of the game and not gonna lie, I have always loved equipment. I like the idea of club building and watch some YouTube club fitters. I love the style and designs of putters. Because I like equipment I was drawn to MyGolfSpy and the no B.S. approach taken by the folks running it. I also enjoy the game with friends and a group of us travel to Orlando for a week each year to play.

I live in Central NY now after 17 years in the Pacific Northwest. I don't have a home course per se but live within 5 miles of 3 courses. For me the best is the number of courses available to me and worst is the weather which shortens the season.

I am semi-retired after working over 30 years for a medical imaging manufacturer in various positions from installing and servicing cardiovascular X-Ray systems to marketing cardiovascular X-Ray systems. My user name is simply my name. Not too creative I know.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

5 hours ago, Gman24 said:

Hi,

I started playing golf in 2006 at 43 years old.  My handicap tends to range from 6-9 (higher in the winter..LOL).  

I worked at a course in New Kent VA back in the 70's and always thought the game was interesting, but didn't pursue it as an adult.  In my 40's my business interests coincided with golf and I was quickly hooked on playing and not embarrassing myself.  I really enjoy the self challenge to learn and adapt to my own swing, my body, the course I am playing and the environment.  It is a unique blend of focus and peace for me and golf has helped me with some of my best business deals.

I went so far as to become a Mitchell Master Club Fitter and set up my own club shop.  It is fun trying to understand how the science effects the feel of the player and I really enjoy the opportunities to help others work on the clubs, etc.  As part of that, I started following My Golf Spy around 2011 and really like the in depth analysis and play Snell golf balls as a result of their work.

I am originally from New Kent VA and after years in Nashville, TN, moved back in 2010.  I am a member of the Club at Viniterra.  I really enjoy my home course, but use my privileges to play Royal New Kent when I can and I venture out to the many nice courses in our area as often as I can.

My favorite thing in my area is the course selection.  My least favorite is cold and wet winters...LOL.

I am an entrepreneur and have my fingers in a few things.

My username is based on my first initial and nickname from Nashville.

Also, I really like Mizuno irons and wedges, I use a Whitlam putter and Ping G410 LST driver and TM M2 3 Metal (Tour Ad shafts in D and 3M).

Happy Golfing!  

Viniterra is a fun course - or at least I think it is, I've played there twice in the last couple months and it was a dreary wet day both times. Can't wait to go back soon

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

Sub70 939 3H

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

On 4/25/2020 at 12:56 PM, bjohn15 said:
  1.  I have been playing golf for about 9 years now, I started late but I will be playing until I can't swing anymore. 

2. I love the being outside in nature while playing a competitive game that has integrity.  I love keeping my real score. 

3. I joined a few years ago.  Before going to Law School I worked at Golfsmith between Lexingtion and 3rd ave in NYC, basically to make some cash while using the simulators and talking golf with some folks. 

4. I am from a small town on the East End of Long Island.  I don't really consider any course "home" I am a nomad.  I play alot of golf at a scrappy old muni called Indian Island.  I enjoy playing Bethpage Black and Trump Ferry Point a few times each year. 

5. The Winter, when courses close.  When I was working in the golf industry I would play through the winters on long island but those days are long gone.  

6. Struggling Attorney. 

7. My name, and old basketball jersey number. 

Ferry Point is so nice!  Played it once and loved it! 

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

10 hours ago, JimNantzsToast said:

Viniterra is a fun course - or at least I think it is, I've played there twice in the last couple months and it was a dreary wet day both times. Can't wait to go back soon

I really like it.  It plays longer than the card due to slope and little roll out.  The greens are in good condition now.  Just waiting for some warm weather to get the fairways lush.  Let me know, and maybe you can play with me as a guest some time.

:ping-small:       Driver:  G410 LST 9 +1 Flat w/Tour AD DI 6X Orange

:taylormade-small:  3 Metal:   M2 13 degree w/Tour AD DJ 7X Orange

:titelist-small:          Hybrid:  818 21 

:mizuno-small:        4-PW:  MP 20  w/Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small:        Wedges: 50-54-58: Mizuno MP T20 w/DG S400

:whitlam-golf-1:    Putter:  Joseph SS303 w/Super Stroke Fatso 5.0

:Snell:  Ball:  MTB Black

:1590477705_SunMountain: C130 S    🇺🇸    :skycaddie:

12 hours ago, Gman24 said:

I really like it.  It plays longer than the card due to slope and little roll out.  The greens are in good condition now.  Just waiting for some warm weather to get the fairways lush.  Let me know, and maybe you can play with me as a guest some time.

That'd be sweet! since it was wet both times, we got almost no roll out - so it played even longer than what you're saying!

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

Sub70 939 3H

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*