Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Hi,  Where would I post a "course" review?  Central Virginia area.  Thanks!

:ping-small:       Driver:  G410 LST 9 +1 Flat w/Tour AD DI 6X Orange

:taylormade-small:  3 Metal:   M2 13 degree w/Tour AD DJ 7X Orange

:titelist-small:          Hybrid:  818 21 

:mizuno-small:        4-PW:  MP 20  w/Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small:        Wedges: 50-54-58: Mizuno MP T20 w/DG S400

:whitlam-golf-1:    Putter:  Joseph SS303 w/Super Stroke Fatso 5.0

:Snell:  Ball:  MTB Black

:1590477705_SunMountain: C130 S    🇺🇸    :skycaddie:

4 hours ago, Gman24 said:

Hi,  Where would I post a "course" review?  Central Virginia area.  Thanks!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/forum/30-us-courses/

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

18 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Thanks!

On 3/23/2019 at 10:52 PM, jturner7499 said:

My trade is strength and conditioning, mainly for athletes but I also work with kids and adults. I recently finished a certification in Golf Fitness that I’m start to apply in my own workouts and seeing some great results.

Hi,  at 57 with three boys under the age of 6, I am all in on strength and conditioning for golf and life.  Did you do the TPI Certification?  I am working to get my trainer to get certified.  I was in an accident a couple years ago that knocked my L4-L5 out of wack, so we do a 30 minute stretching routine after workouts to help maintain mobility, etc.  

Edited by Gman24

Welcome to all the new members from the last week, that I didn't have a chance to greet and welcome.  Please excuse the group welcome 🙂     But glad to have you all here and hope to see you all on the forums.

I'm located at a course in Anne Arundel County if anyone ever gets out this way and wants to play, let me know I'd be happy to get out with you if I can. 

@Gman24  I had a chance to play Vinterra two yeas ago, and loved it.  Have they built the clubhouse yet?   

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

6 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Gman24  I had a chance to play Vinterra two yeas ago, and loved it.  Have they built the clubhouse yet? 

Clubhouse was completed last year.  The food is good!  🙂    You are welcome to join me as my guest, just let me know!  

1 hour ago, Gman24 said:

Clubhouse was completed last year.  The food is good!  🙂    You are welcome to join me as my guest, just let me know!  

Ah nice, tnhey were laying the footers for it when we were there.   Seemed like the last touch to create a first class facility.   

I'll definitely let you know if I get down that way again this year. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

4 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I'll definitely let you know if I get down that way again this year. 

Great!  I look forward to it.  I enjoy getting to play with new folks who enjoy the game.

Hi! Most of my friends call me Mike, some are a bit more crative.  I've been playing golf for over 55 years, and it's alsways fun in the final view. I wittled my first "Golf Club" out of an old hickory sapling , keeping one of the limbs for the shaft. As a kid I was totally enamored with Arnold Palmer, and loved watching him til the day he died.. My scores arfe usually in the 70's, and my handicap ranges from 5 to 9 through the season, and is usually within a point of 8 this time of year (May).  Golf is the most relaxing thing I do, as it gives me a cxhance to spend some quality time with some of my closest friends. While I don't currently know any other "Golf Spys", I really look forward to sharing thoughts on the game and equipment with some new "friends". I play most of my golf here in central Virginia at Greene Hills Club in Stanardsvillle. "Tis a great little course that offers plenty of challenge.The best thing about our region here in Central VA is the variety of courses, and we get to play about 10 months out of the year on average... the worst thing is that some of the courses are either Totally Private or Over-priced (for me) and only afford me a few plays a year.  I think way too much about it when the cost gets over a buck a swing!  Yeah, I'm a bit of a tight wad. While my wife says I am a golf equipment junky with way too many clubs (she's probably right), I also enjoy my times fishing and hunting and working in my wood and golf shop. The wife says i have way too many hobbies (Probably right again). Probably had something to do with my wide variety of projects in the Civil and Architectural Engineering profession.  Most of my friends don't mind, as I often show up with some sort of nbew gift or gizmo to show off.  While I am bigger than almost all of them they like calling me "Mikie"... the source of my User Name.  Have been away from the course for almost a year now due to major back injury a couple of years back and major surgery in Feb20, and am really looking forward to getting back on the grass as soon as my surgeon gives me the "OK". I have Calllaway Apex19 irons and Taylormade M4 woods... Wedges are Callaway ... companioned with a 52" long Oddesy Dart putter (that all of my buds razz me about)... especially when they are paying! Whatever works, I say...

I’m Chad, live in Central PA.  Been golfing now for 30 of my 33 years on earth and have started really falling in love with the game again.  I guess it helps when you buy a house on a course!

Cobra Speedzone 9.0*, Graphite Design Tour AD-MT 6x shaft

Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour 14.5* 3 wood, Graphite Design Tour AD-GT 7x shaft

Titleist TS2 19* hybrid, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95x Hybrid shaft

Mizuno MP20 HMB 3 iron, KBS $-Taper 120 shaft

Srixon Z565 4 iron, Srizon Z765 5 iron - PW,KBS C-Taper 120 shaft

Callaway MD5 Jaws 50*/10 S grind

Callaway Jaws Full Toe 56*

Scotty Cameron Futura 5w

Srixon Z-Star XV balls

Hi,

I've been playing golf for about 15 years now. It happened by accident as I never thought I would be this addicted to the game. Not to mention waste a Saturday and Sunday afternoon watching some one else play the game. Now it is all I want to do with my free time.

What I love about golf is the rollercoater of emotions it puts you through as you can easily go from king of the course to course jester in the time at it takes walk from one green to the next tee box. You always have to stay focused as it is never mastered.   I have also met many new people on the course who have become of course friends as well. No nicer group of strangers than fellow golfers

I am from Buffalo NY and spend a lot of time at Cazenovia Golf Course  and Hyde Park Golf Club in Niagara Falls. I also get out to about a dozen different courses throughout the summer. I always enjoy playing a new course for the first time

The weather in this area makes for a short season for most, but me and a friend have found ourselves out there looking for balls in the snow more than once.

Being an over the road truck driver limits the time s I have to play so getting out any chance I am home is greatly appreciated. I do carry a set of clubs in my truck and have played at many out of my home area courses on many occasions.

my user name comes from back before I ever thought of golfing and owned my own rig which was a purple International Eagle.

Hey, 

I have been playing golf for about 8 years on and off. When I was in college I took advantage of having a great course I could play for cheap, but after graduation did not have the time to play more than once or twice a year.  However, the past year or so I have really recommitted to the game and try to get more consistent. Already through 8 rounds this year dropped my average score by about 8 strokes. Working on shaving that down over the summer and getting a legitimate handicap. 

I am in law school in Massachusetts, but from NJ and living in NJ this summer. I mainly play on courses by the Jersey shore.  Excited to keep getting better and getting more consistent.

hey everyone, I live in Baltimore. Don't play much especially now as Maryland is 1/5 states to close their golf courses.
1. I played when I was younger but picked it back up about 5 years ago, and currently score in the 90's
2. I love drinking a few beers with friends on the course while trying to improve my game.
3. I've been getting email for about a year and decided to check it out.
4. I usually play the 5 Baltimore city courses.
5. Not being able to play year round definitely sucks.
6.I am in Project management for a Mid Atlantic General Contractor.
7. Something I've always used.

Welcome! Loved the Baltimore 5 when I was in college, went to Towson. My favorite to play was probably Mt Pleasant but I probably played Clifton Park the most.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Hi,  at 57 with three boys under the age of 6, I am all in on strength and conditioning for golf and life.  Did you do the TPI Certification?  I am working to get my trainer to get certified.  I was in an accident a couple years ago that knocked my L4-L5 out of wack, so we do a 30 minute stretching routine after workouts to help maintain mobility, etc.  

I did my certification through the NASM golf fitness program just because I was also taking my Certified Personal Trainer certification through them as well, but from what I’ve seen of the two programs they are extremely similar with a lot of the differences being in the wording and references they use.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

1 hour ago, jturner7499 said:

I did my certification through the NASM golf fitness program just because I was also taking my Certified Personal Trainer certification through them as well, but from what I’ve seen of the two programs they are extremely similar with a lot of the differences being in the wording and references they use.

Cool.  I will have my trainer check out the NASM program.  Thanks!!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    I've been playing golf since 1996 which was my senior year in high school. I had a step-father who was obsessed with golf and the team's schedule included a country club that would create some envy to leverage with him. My handicap index is 6.1 but my recent average scores have been hovering in the low 80's.

2. What do you love about golf?
    I love that golf often sends you through every emotion in one round. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    I came here to see real reviews with data that is more scientific and not paid for. I don't know any other spies, but it seems that Tony C. lives just up the highway from me. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
    I live in upstate New York, Schenectady, and my home course is Pinehaven Country Club. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    Best thing about golf in my region is access to great classic layouts by well known designers.

6. What do you do for a living?
    I'm a graphic design that specializes in branding and packaging. 

7. How’d you pick your user name?
    It's the same handle I use on social media.

Edited by pj_engel

What's in the bag

Custom Classic XL, 9, Fujikura Vista Pro 75 stiff

Ping, i20, 15, TFC 707 F (stock) stiff

Idea Black Super Hybrid, 19 Aldila Voodoo stiff

Mizuno MP Fli-hi, 18, DG SL S300, MP 52, 3–6, DG S300, Mizuno MP 62, 7–PW, DG S300

Titleist SM5 50/8, SM5 54/10, SM5 58/8, SM5 52/8, SM5 58/8

Odyssey Black Series #1 34" with black oxide finish

Vice Pro+

Waterford New Jersey

Started playing around 15 years ago and it took me quite a while to fall in love with golf but it's a passion now. I am always trying to get better and am finally starting to figure it out and get to a single digit handicap 7.9 GHIN 10307433 and shoot in the mid 80's to the high 70's on a pretty consistent basis. My home courses would be The Links or Pinelands both close to home, and my favorite would probably be Twisted Dunes down the NJ shore. Was drawn to MyGolfSpy by the forums and the like minded people. I am always reading trying to improve my game in anyway. I am currently a student and have a couple part time jobs one at a golf course just another reason I love this frustrating game. 

Hi everyone - I'm happy to be a part of this site!

1. I've been playing for about 35 years (really - its been THAT long?!?!), and I'm a 5 handicap.

2. The thing I love about golf is that you can never truly master it - it's a constant pursuit of perfection that will never be achieved but the chase is sooooo much fun.

3. My cousin is a member of the forum, and he knows how much of a geek for golf I am so he recommended it to me.

4. I'm originally from Jamestown, NY but I have been living in the DC metro area (mostly in Northern VA) since 1995.

5. Best things are we can play just a about year-round, there's access to some really good instructors.  Bad things are green fees are expensive and the pace of play is really slow.

6. I'm a business consultant by day.

7. I've never had an ace before, so that's my big goal!!  the other part is my nickname.

Driver:  :callaway-small: XR16 10.5* (set to 9.5*), MRC KuroKage TiNi Black, S-flex

3 wood:  :ping-small: G410, Alta 65 S-flex

Hybrids:  :ping-small: G400 19* & 22*, Alta CB 70 S-flex

Irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX-900 5-GW, Proj X LZ 6.0

Wedges:  :titelist-small: SM7, 54*/S; :callaway-small: MD4, 58*/S

Putter:  :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro Black 2.0 #1

On 4/18/2020 at 11:44 PM, HoleOutNo1 said:

and Dauphin Highlands Golf Course

Played there once a few years ago while staying at a friend's house in Hershey. Cool course! Plan to go back someday (and hopefully play much better!).

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Hi everybody!

I've been playing since I could walk, but stopped for close to a decade between 21 and 31. Picked it up again last year, got back to 5, now haven't played for half a year. Mostly high 70s last year.

Everything. The golf course is my favorite place to be (even better if it's a cool and windy day on a links course). I love the challenge of golf.

Great site for reviews. I probably do, but none that I know of.

I'm from DC, lived in Bangkok for six years, now live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Currently planning to play mostly at Hog Neck Golf Course and Hunter's Oak. Formerly out of Avenel/Potomac.

Lots of good courses, but it's hot and humid during the summer, cold and snowy in the winter.

I'm a teacher.

It's a secret.

TalleyTiger copy.jpg

TalleyGolf.jpg

On 5/17/2020 at 12:28 AM, Purple-Eagle said:

Hi,

I've been playing golf for about 15 years now. It happened by accident as I never thought I would be this addicted to the game. Not to mention waste a Saturday and Sunday afternoon watching some one else play the game. Now it is all I want to do with my free time.

What I love about golf is the rollercoater of emotions it puts you through as you can easily go from king of the course to course jester in the time at it takes walk from one green to the next tee box. You always have to stay focused as it is never mastered.   I have also met many new people on the course who have become of course friends as well. No nicer group of strangers than fellow golfers

I am from Buffalo NY and spend a lot of time at Cazenovia Golf Course  and Hyde Park Golf Club in Niagara Falls. I also get out to about a dozen different courses throughout the summer. I always enjoy playing a new course for the first time

The weather in this area makes for a short season for most, but me and a friend have found ourselves out there looking for balls in the snow more than once.

Being an over the road truck driver limits the time s I have to play so getting out any chance I am home is greatly appreciated. I do carry a set of clubs in my truck and have played at many out of my home area courses on many occasions.

my user name comes from back before I ever thought of golfing and owned my own rig which was a purple International Eagle.

Cool, I have a lot of family up in Jamestown, and Fredonia NY good to have you!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

8 hours ago, AceBino said:

Hi everyone - I'm happy to be a part of this site!

1. I've been playing for about 35 years (really - its been THAT long?!?!), and I'm a 5 handicap.

2. The thing I love about golf is that you can never truly master it - it's a constant pursuit of perfection that will never be achieved but the chase is sooooo much fun.

3. My cousin is a member of the forum, and he knows how much of a geek for golf I am so he recommended it to me.

4. I'm originally from Jamestown, NY but I have been living in the DC metro area (mostly in Northern VA) since 1995.

5. Best things are we can play just a about year-round, there's access to some really good instructors.  Bad things are green fees are expensive and the pace of play is really slow.

6. I'm a business consultant by day.

7. I've never had an ace before, so that's my big goal!!  the other part is my nickname.

There's my boy!!!  Glad you are here buddy!  You will LOVE it.  I will tell you AceBino can play!

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

5 hours ago, talleyberry said:

Hi everybody!

I've been playing since I could walk, but stopped for close to a decade between 21 and 31. Picked it up again last year, got back to 5, now haven't played for half a year. Mostly high 70s last year.

Everything. The golf course is my favorite place to be (even better if it's a cool and windy day on a links course). I love the challenge of golf.

Great site for reviews. I probably do, but none that I know of.

I'm from DC, lived in Bangkok for six years, now live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Currently planning to play mostly at Hog Neck Golf Course and Hunter's Oak. Formerly out of Avenel/Potomac.

Lots of good courses, but it's hot and humid during the summer, cold and snowy in the winter.

I'm a teacher.

It's a secret.

TalleyTiger copy.jpg

TalleyGolf.jpg

You are near my neck of the woods.  Very familiar with Hog Neck.  I used to live in Salisbury for a number of years.  I too am a teacher, what grade/school?

37 minutes ago, ballplayer002003 said:

You are near my neck of the woods.  Very familiar with Hog Neck.  I used to live in Salisbury for a number of years.  I too am a teacher, what grade/school?

I'm teaching middle school here in Talbot County. How about you? I was teaching while I lived in Bangkok, too. Lots of golf courses over there, actually! I should have been playing the whole time I was there, but just never got around to it until last year.

Let me know when you're up for visiting Hog Neck! I've got nobody to play with at the moment.

Hi,

I used to work a Cazenovia Park Golf Course for 5 years during college, I’m sure we’ve crossed paths before. Good to see more Buffalo guys on here.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

1 hour ago, talleyberry said:

I'm teaching middle school here in Talbot County. How about you? I was teaching while I lived in Bangkok, too. Lots of golf courses over there, actually! I should have been playing the whole time I was there, but just never got around to it until last year.

Let me know when you're up for visiting Hog Neck! I've got nobody to play with at the moment.

I also teach middle school...science in Smyrna DE.  I am game anytime to play, just trying to get my swing back  but it's been so windy and cold this year I have not been out much.  The invite goes both ways, if you ever want to get over to DE and play let me know, I work at Maple Dale in Dover but we can play all over.  I actually want to hit River Marsh and try their scooters or boards or whatever they are called.  Looks fun.

Hey fellow golfers. I am trying to be more active here in the MyGolfSpy forum and I thought this might be a good place to start. I live in Herndon, VA (about 30 min west of Washington D.C.) and if any other MyGolfSpy'ers are located near here, I'd like to play a round sometime in the future once all this Covid stuff is over. 

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing golf since I was 18 or about the past 22 years. I fell in love with my first trip to the driving range and have played as much as I can since that first trip. I've never got an official handicap. I normally shoot in the mid 80s depending on how often I can get out. I actually shot 79 and 77 last summer and my best round ever was a 72. 

What do you love about golf? The thing I love about golf is just the individual challenge it brings. Ever since I topped that first driver off the tee on the driving range, I've been trying to get better. And getting better with golf is a very challenging thing to do. Anyone who golfs knows how things come and go. One day you can hit the driver and can't putt, the next day the driver is in the woods, but you can get up and down pretty well. That constant change and the chasing of improvement is so addictive and something I enjoy every time out on the course. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I actually found MyGolfSpy by seeing the sticker on a putter at my local GolfGalaxy. I looked it up on my phone and became a member shortly after that. The thing I like most about MyGolfSpy is the reviews of golf equipment and products. Since I don't have the time or disposable income to spend like I once did, I want to make sure my golfing dollars are going further. I believe MyGolfSpy can help me narrow down from the multitude of selections there area available in all areas of golf equipment/gear. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? I currently live in Herdon, VA, but I'm originally from a little town called Vernon, Florida. Here locally, I normally play at Herndon Centennial Golf Course. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I guess a best thing about golf in my area is the weather. The season is fairly long with just a few weeks where maybe you couldn't really golf. The worst part about golf here is the cost. Greens fees and cart fees are quite expensive, especially on the weekends when you might have the time. And also the crowds. I've played rounds that have pushed close to 6 hours just because the amount of people on the course and there is no effort to move play along or improve pace. 

What do you do for a living? I'm a government contractor. Pretty boring. 

How’d you pick your user name? Darth comes from Darth Vader as I'm a big fan of Star Wars and Gator because I'm a huge Florida Gators fan. The 007 is from James Bond and I just sort of put them all together. 

:cobra-small: RADSPEED Driver 9* HZRD BLUE SMOKE 6.0 shaft

:ping-small: G425 MAX 3 wood 

:srixon-small: 5 wood

:titelist-small: H1 Hybrid