Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

On 6/4/2020 at 6:30 PM, tchat07 said:

I would say Glade is an upgrade over Maple and a downgrade from Clustered. Granted I havent been to any of these courses this year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always forget about Glade. I'll have to give a try this year. I played clustered right before the courses closed down and it was in pretty good shape, I recall the greens having some speed to them. 

On 6/4/2020 at 5:52 PM, Rylongshot89 said:

Awesome! I went to Gaithersburg high in moco. I've never played Glade Valley, how is it?

On 6/4/2020 at 6:30 PM, tchat07 said:

I would say Glade is an upgrade over Maple and a downgrade from Clustered. Granted I havent been to any of these courses this year.

I haven't played Glade in.... 5-7 years? The last time I played there they either just got new owners or were about to change ownership, some buddies told me that the course has gotten nicer in that time. I always thought it was the best deal in the area in terms of quality/price.

From what I remember, it was a step down in quality from Clustered, but it's been a while since I've been in the area

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

:callaway-small: Rogue 3W

:cobra-small: King F7 5W

Sub70 939 3H

Lynx Black Cat //:cobra-small: King F8 5i-GW 

:ping-small: Tour-S 54*/12*

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

Tommy Armour 303 Milled Habanero 

I haven't played Glade in.... 5-7 years? The last time I played there they either just got new owners or were about to change ownership, some buddies told me that the course has gotten nicer in that time. I always thought it was the best deal in the area in terms of quality/price.
From what I remember, it was a step down in quality from Clustered, but it's been a while since I've been in the area
Last time I went to Glade was a crazy nice day in February like 2 or 3 years ago. The course was so backed up I played a loop of 1 and 2 a total of 4 times. Most insane thing I had ever seen. Guy drove past me on 2 and said he was done, it had taken him 2 hours and he had only gotten 5 holes. Makes it hard to go back after that interaction.

Hey All,  Just here to say hi.  Working on my game and here are some quick facts.

•  

• How long have you been playing golf?  Started when I was 14, played in high school then causally since.

• What’s your handicap or normal score? RIght now it's a 10.0, came down a bit this year.  Hope to be a 9 by end of this season

• What do you love about golf? Being outside, the challenge and the fact that I can compete as a middle aged out of shape person

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Great articles and awesome podcast

• Do you already know any other Spies? nope, hope to change it

• Where are you from? Chantilly Virginia

• What is your home course? South Riding Golf Club

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: lots of options and great courses.  Worst: Cost to play.  Weekend rounds under $100 at an ok course are tough.

• What do you do for a living? Meteorologist for IBM

• How’d you pick your user name? Same username I've had since I was a sophmore in High School for just about everything

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub-Zero  Project X HZRDUS Smoke

3 Wood: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

3 Hybrid: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

4 Hybrid : image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M4 Stock Stiff Shaft

Irons: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg P790 (5I-AW) - 2 deg strong - Nippon Modus3 105 Gram/Stiff 

60 Degree Wedge: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 - AMT Black/Stiff

54 Degree Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX Zip Core

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne Putter

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

Tracked by: :Arccos:

IMG_0204.HEIC
Played the beautiful Baywood Greens in Millsboro, DE this morning. Perfect day with weather in low 80’s and little to no wind. Shot +10 82

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9*

Woods: Cobra Speedzone 3w & 5w

Irons: Ping i200 5i - PW

Wedges: Ping Glide Forged GW, RTX Zipcore 56* & 60*

Putter: Axis 1 Rose B

IMG_0204.HEIC
Played the beautiful Baywood Greens in Millsboro, DE this morning. Perfect day with weather in low 80’s and little to no wind. Shot +10 82

Played that a few years back. 18 is incredible!

Does anyone else in the area use Game Golf to track their rounds? Would love to connect with some of you through the app for anyone else that has it. Like this and reply with your username to connect. 

Thanks!

1. I have been playing golf since graduate school.  Never more than 10 rounds a year until I met my now wife, her father is a big golfer so I got more into it to join him on outings and to get to know him better.  Currently sitting at a 19 handicap, but this year I took a few lessons so I am hoping that goes down!

2. I love being outdoors.  I also enjoy that you can be doing something competitive within yourself, always trying to improve for the sake of improvement.

3. I have been a consumer of MGS content for awhile, and just decided to start reading and posting occasionally on the forums. 

4. I grew up in upstate NY, lived in the Buffalo area for awhile, and now live back in central NY (eastern side of Syracuse).  No home course, I play a few different ones near Syracuse.

5. The  variety of courses and cost is pretty good.  Snow obviously hinders playing for a large segment of the year.

6. I am an engineer, so the decision making and numbers part is what I like most about golf.

7. I grew up in NY, and when I was a kid, my favorite college football team was the Florida State Seminoles. 

I might not be very good, but I walk and play fast!

11 hours ago, rreeves35 said:

Does anyone else in the area use Game Golf to track their rounds? Would love to connect with some of you through the app for anyone else that has it. Like this and reply with your username to connect. 

Thanks!

I used to use Game Golf for the last 2-3 years, unfortunately I think it lost it's luster with me and I stopped this year.  I don't think I need much more technology to tell me that I miss 80% of my drives to the right and hit too many irons/wedges fat. 🤣

I might not be very good, but I walk and play fast!

On 5/29/2020 at 9:56 PM, PAgolfer2017 said:

Where in Central PA and what course do you live on?

I live in Mount Joy next to Highlands of Donegal.

Cobra Speedzone 9.0*, Graphite Design Tour AD-MT 6x shaft

Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour 14.5* 3 wood, Graphite Design Tour AD-GT 7x shaft

Titleist TS2 19* hybrid, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95x Hybrid shaft

Mizuno MP20 HMB 3 iron, KBS $-Taper 120 shaft

Srixon Z565 4 iron, Srizon Z765 5 iron - PW,KBS C-Taper 120 shaft

Callaway MD5 Jaws 50*/10 S grind

Callaway Jaws Full Toe 56*

Scotty Cameron Futura 5w

Srixon Z-Star XV balls

19 hours ago, rreeves35 said:

IMG_0204.HEIC

Baywood is beautiful, so tell me, did you go for the island fairway or bail out to the right?!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

13 hours ago, rreeves35 said:

Thanks!

I don't, I use the Grint

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?Ive been playing for about 24 years and currently a 6 handicap

2. What do you love about golf? Everything and theres always something to improve

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I heard about it on Youtube, then visited the testing facility in Yorktown, Virginia. I love that it full of people on the grind trying to get better.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Im originally from Savannah, Georgia but now living in Newport News. Home Course is probably Kiln Creek, but i play all around the area

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is the golf courses are always really good shape. Worst is that we have winter so I cant play all year

6. What do you do for a living? In the Military

7. How’d you pick your user name? Kinda hard to come up with but i like stats to improve so I figured Golf Matrix was the way to go.

TitlTaylormade R7 driver.

Taylormade rocketball woods

Taylormade Speed Blade Irons

Titelist Vokey Wedges

Titleist Futura Putter

Wow!!!  Welcome to all the new members that have posted over the past week or so.  It's great to see so many new people jumping in and getting involved.  I wish I could respond to each of you individually, but you far outnumbered the time I have 🙂

That said, as golf gets back up an running here, I think it's time we put on our first Maryland-I say Maryland as that's where we'll host it, but it's obviously open to anyone,  PA/VA/DE/NJ/NY/NC  anywhere!! 

As some of you know, newer members probably don't.  I work at a course and am happy to host the group, we have had a couple small outings here before.  Advantages are, I can cut us a good deal, location.   It's pretty central to a lot of people---near BWI and a bit north of Annapolis.  

Cons are, some of you have played here before, and I always enjoy playing somewhere new 🙂

I think there are still some group size restrictions in a lot of places, so maybe we shoot for somewhere around the middle of July, thinking by then clubhouses might start opening up. 

Maybe July 11 or 12 weekend or July 18/19 weekend.  

Also if anyone has any preferences to course or location, let me know as well.   To give you an idea, depending on how many we have,  I could probably get us somewhere between $39 and $59 for fees, our normal weekend fee is $71.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Wow!!!  Welcome to all the new members that have posted over the past week or so.  It's great to see so many new people jumping in and getting involved.  I wish I could respond to each of you individually, but you far outnumbered the time I have
That said, as golf gets back up an running here, I think it's time we put on our first Maryland-I say Maryland as that's where we'll host it, but it's obviously open to anyone,  PA/VA/DE/NJ/NY/NC  anywhere!! 
As some of you know, newer members probably don't.  I work at a course and am happy to host the group, we have had a couple small outings here before.  Advantages are, I can cut us a good deal, location.   It's pretty central to a lot of people---near BWI and a bit north of Annapolis.  
Cons are, some of you have played here before, and I always enjoy playing somewhere new
I think there are still some group size restrictions in a lot of places, so maybe we shoot for somewhere around the middle of July, thinking by then clubhouses might start opening up. 
Also if anyone has any preferences to course or location, let me know as well.   To give you an idea, depending on how many we have,  I could probably get us somewhere between $39 and $59 for fees, our normal weekend fee is $71.  
I'd be in for weekend of 11-12! Going to be on vacation on weekend of 18-19.

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Wow!!!  Welcome to all the new members that have posted over the past week or so.  It's great to see so many new people jumping in and getting involved.  I wish I could respond to each of you individually, but you far outnumbered the time I have 🙂

Cons are, some of you have played here before, and I always enjoy playing somewhere new 🙂

I should be able to make it;  as long as the tee time isn't too early.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, GolfMatrix said:

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is the golf courses are always really good shape. Worst is that we have winter so I cant play all year

You can play pretty much all year.   Usually there are only a few really cold weeks.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

That sounds sweet, I'm a hard maybe, my work schedule gets crazy the hotter it gets.

That being said, if anyone needs window film, hit me up!

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

:callaway-small: Rogue 3W

:cobra-small: King F7 5W

Sub70 939 3H

Lynx Black Cat //:cobra-small: King F8 5i-GW 

:ping-small: Tour-S 54*/12*

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

Tommy Armour 303 Milled Habanero 

20 hours ago, nynoles said:

I used to use Game Golf for the last 2-3 years, unfortunately I think it lost it's luster with me and I stopped this year.  I don't think I need much more technology to tell me that I miss 80% of my drives to the right and hit too many irons/wedges fat. 🤣

Hahahah I definitely hear you there. I'm big into statistics and I enjoy seeing the progression over the years. I was a 20+ handicap when I first started using it, and now that im an 11 it's cool to see where I've improved but also where I still suck lol. I was also curious if anyone is having issues with the software too. 

Thanks for the reply!

18 hours ago, ballplayer002003 said:

Baywood is beautiful, so tell me, did you go for the island fairway or bail out to the right?!

Great question! Hole 15 gives me nightmares but its such a beautiful hole that I (somehow) find a way to enjoy it. It usually depends on how i'm hitting driver on the day because if it's going well then i'll usually just try and hit a bomb to the right fairway for a mid-to-short iron into the green. This time I took a four hybrid and went at the island and made it though 👍

19 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Either weekend is open for me! Sounds fun!

Ok, sounding good so far for possibly the July 11/12 weekend.   Good news yesterday as Maryland officially but very quietly lifted the 10 person max limit on any gatherings.  So we should be able to have the group gather for some food and drink afterwards.   

I would think a tee time around 11:00 would allow those such as Cnosil and others coming from a distance not have to get up at dawn. 

Ok, sounding good so far for possibly the July 11/12 weekend.   Good news yesterday as Maryland officially but very quietly lifted the 10 person max limit on any gatherings.  So we should be able to have the group gather for some food and drink afterwards.   
I would think a tee time around 11:00 would allow those such as Cnosil and others coming from a distance not have to get up at dawn. 

That date may work for me too!

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

17 minutes ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

That date may work for me too!

It's beginning to sound like a thing 🙂

Can y'all please like this so my account can finally get upgraded 😕 much appreciated if you do 🙌

On 6/11/2020 at 7:25 AM, rreeves35 said:

Hahahah I definitely hear you there. I'm big into statistics and I enjoy seeing the progression over the years. I was a 20+ handicap when I first started using it, and now that im an 11 it's cool to see where I've improved but also where I still suck lol. I was also curious if anyone is having issues with the software too. 

Thanks for the reply!

I was a 23-24 handicap when I started really getting into using 18 Birdies.  Just recently switched to premium, the paid subscription, and have thoroughly enjoyed it! I have since moved to about a 14 handicap. Stats really help you understand where you need to focus your practice time! 

Tell your grandkids about this shot! 

Had the pleasure of playing 36 this past Saturday in the Reading area. Had played Galen few weeks back, wanted to try a couple Findlay designs in the area too. My son and I headed out around 7am and drove from Philly to Manor Golf Club. Quirky course, short, but still challenging. Smallest greens I’ve ever seen (one par 3 was about the size of two cars parked side by side). There were some blind shots because of the elevation changes, the greens were pristine, but the fairways were muni-quality. It was a fun round, and while I was spraying it all over the place, I still managed an 80 thanks to some good chipping and putting (30 putts). 

One of the many tiny greens. 
0B224D08-B148-4433-A11F-C89A8B203950.jpeg.ea1765a45dbbde9740823593477592cd.jpeg

One of the least hilly holes on the course below  

3ABF4B9D-062C-420E-B5D2-86AC76431A02.jpeg.47aa24d0875551be7f4899aa615bd932.jpeg

My 9 year old son and I. He had a blast putting, driving the cart. Didn’t hit many shots as it was pretty packed.

B83CB7B1-7C1B-48DE-94FB-BE470EDFFBFC.jpeg.3a36118e21722553350bf08aaab68bab.jpeg

Next we headed to some lunch and then over for an afternoon tee time at Reading Country Club (maybe a 20 minute drive from Manor). 

Very different feel here. This was built and maintained as a true country club for many decades. Sam Snead holds the course record of 63, and Byron Nelson was the head pro for a few years during his prime in the mid 30’s. 

I again sprayed it all over, scavenged an 84 and I felt pretty good about it. After all I’ve only been out half dozen times or so this year. 

Clubhouse and restaurant

D27D8B40-63AD-40AE-9090-53D8D4CD1C03.jpeg.bc0852c29b7f2c6650cb42fe9f31b2fb.jpeg

View back from the #1 green back towards the clubhouse.

B7EBFF84-67BB-4253-AD35-0367F5755C94.jpeg.6c39ed61b161e3ec318850f0a0618860.jpeg

I would play Reading every day of the week. It had a good mix of elevation, distance, and you could tell that the grounds crew had really taken advantage of the down month of COVID to do a ton of maintenance. 

HIGHLY recommend making the trip. A Reading + Galen double is the way to go and you won’t be disappointed. 

:titleist-small: TS3 9° Driver with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5

:titelist-small: TSi3 15° Fairway with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5

:srixon-small: ZX 2 iron

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54°, 60° Full Face

:taylormade-small: Spider SR Single Bend

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:ping-small: Hoofer

:918457628_PrecisionPro:R1 Rangefinder

Hello,

I decided to answer the intro questions.  My name is Chad.

1. How long have you been playing golf? 15 years What’s your handicap or normal score? 84

2. What do you love about golf? being outdoors with friends

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? a friend always talks about the reviews Do you already know any other Spies? yes

4. Where are you from? I live north of Buffalo NY  What is your home course?  I would have to say Links at Ivy Ridge

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  best - a lot of courses to choose from; worst - not enough time with some long winters

6. What do you do for a living? Internal Auditor

7. How’d you pick your user name? comes from bowling; my indoor sport in the winter

Mizuno Irons, Callaway Driver, Cleveland Wedges, Evnroll putter

• How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• Started playing as a high school junior.  Average score is around an 82.  Low is 69.

• What do you love about golf?

• Outside.  Exercise.  Fellowship.

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• Found when looking for club and ball reviews.  Don't know any others.

• Where are you from? What is your home course?

• Originally from Hampton Roads Virginia.  Played HS golf there.  Went to Randolph-Macon for a year and played golf.  Transferred to the University of Virginia.  Live in the Lehigh Valley of PA now.

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• A little pricey compared to when I lived in Tennessee, but nice courses.

• What do you do for a living?

• Healthcare administration