Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

11 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Ok, just trying to nail down if we have enough on Saturday to make this worth while.    

Thanks, Cnosil, Shankster and PAGolfer for your replies.

@tchat07 @JimNantzsToast @Rylongshot89 @analyticandrew @tommc23  You all indicated earlier the date worked for you , or at least a strong maybe.   What's it look like for you guys.  If you need any more info on the course or location, feel free to ask or PM me.

Sadly, I am out. work is too busy in the summer for me right now, hopefully I'll make it sometime1

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

:callaway-small: Rogue 3W

:cobra-small: King F7 5W

Sub70 939 3H

Lynx Black Cat //:cobra-small: King F8 5i-GW 

:ping-small: Tour-S 54*/12*

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

Tommy Armour 303 Milled Habanero 

Ok.  Looks like we will need to reboot with a new date and location.  

I'm open to suggestions on both that work for everyone.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

On 6/11/2020 at 4:00 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Ok, sounding good so far for possibly the July 11/12 weekend.   Good news yesterday as Maryland officially but very quietly lifted the 10 person max limit on any gatherings.  So we should be able to have the group gather for some food and drink afterwards.   

I would think a tee time around 11:00 would allow those such as Cnosil and others coming from a distance not have to get up at dawn. 

@Golfspy_CG2 - I'd love to come up this weekend, but I need to teach on Saturday morning.  It seems like we need twice as many people at TFT now that we have to disinfect all of the equipment between classes.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Hey Guys, I'm from the East end of Long Island. I help run a Facebook group called Long Island Golf Junkies. (see signature for link)

1. I have been playing golf off and on since I am 3. Did not take the game seriously until high school but stopped again in college. Now I can not get enough of it and I am working my way down from a 15 handicap
  2. I love everything about the game! The best part is enjoying the day with friends and drinks afterwards.

3. I always knew of mygolfspy but their podcast really got me to read more of their stuff!

4. I am from the East end of Long Island, NY. My home course is the Baiting Hollow Golf Club.

5. Best thing is that it is Long Island Golf and we have Bethpage Black. The worst thing is that we can not play year around.

6. I am an engineer by degree and power plant operator by trade.

7. I have used it fro YEARS....since the original XFL

Member of The Baiting Hollow Golf Club
Moderator of Long Island Golf Junkies https://www.facebook.com/groups/1953359674970771

16 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Ok.  Looks like we will need to reboot with a new date and location.  

I'm open to suggestions on both that work for everyone.  

So now it's a No-Go?? 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

1 hour ago, golfinnut said:

So now it's a No-Go?? 

One Nut does not an outing make 🙂    We'll try again later this summer or fall.  I and @HardcoreLooper have discussed something that may appeal to  many! 

2 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

One Nut does not an outing make 🙂    We'll try again later this summer or fall.  I and @HardcoreLooper have discussed something that may appeal to  many! 

We at least had a 4-some 🤔  that's enough for an outing to me  

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

I and [mention=54754]HardcoreLooper[/mention] have discussed something that may appeal to  many! 

Is this super secret too?

We at least had a 4-some   that's enough for an outing to me  

You can partially blame me; while I would love to play, if I am driving 3.5 hours I’d rather play with more than 4 people so I proposed that we try to reschedule.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I'd almost forgotten about that.  It should be very appealing.  I'll just leave it at that for now.

😆

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

32 minutes ago, HardcoreLooper said:

I'd almost forgotten about that.  It should be very appealing.  I'll just leave it at that for now.

😆

I'll see if I can maybe start the ball rolling on it.  

How long have you been playing golf?

Which time? LOL. I played for probably 2-3 years then basically quit (the odd round every year or two) for @ 17 years or so. Just started back a few months ago.

What's your handicap or normal score?

According to the Grint I'm a 18. Shot a 100+ the first round back. In maybe 12 rounds or so since I've shot twice in the 80's and rest in the 90's.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy?

Found it like most - reviews. Read over the forum and realized that unlike another popular golf forum - people here for the most part don't all have single digit handicaps and hit the ball 300+ yards with ease.

Do you know any other Spies?

Not that I know of.

Were are you from?

I'm in Virginia. Have been for 20+ years.

What is your home course?

Don't really have one yet. I play a local place Brookwoods - that is close to the house and I like the course and the people. I've played a few of the other courses around Richmond as well.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

I don't mind the heat (where I grew up it was hotter and more humid than VA most days) so the best thing is that during the hot months / days, golf courses seem to be less populated and I'm okay with that. Playing 36 holes in 6 hours is nice. Worst thing? I see people with snow in their yard in April - so I'm not complaining.

What do you do for a living?

As little as possible.

How did you pick your user name?

Had it a long time.

Driver: :callaway-small: XR Speed 9º Project X HZRDUS T800 Stiff

3W : :ping-small: G 14.5º - Tour 80 stiff

Hybrid: :ping-small: G25 20º - TFC-189H stiff

Irons: :ping-small: 4-UW G30 Green Dot

Wedges: :ping-small: LW G30 Black Dot

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossie II

This outta be good! 

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

On 2/11/2019 at 5:20 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Mid-Atlantic Region

New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

What's up Spies. Happy to be here and learn more. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? ---I've dabbled for about 4-5 years but started playing routinely in the past year and a half. 

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? Currently 18.6 but it's dropping week by week. My latest scores are between 90-100 with a personal best this month of 89.

3. What do you love about golf? The view early in the morning, or right before the sun sets. That, and drives... smashing drives really far. 339y is the record so far on course.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?-- I want to learn more about the game, gear, and how to play consistently. I also want to share what I've learned and experienced with others. Not that I know of but we'll soon change that!

5. Where are you from? What is your home course?--Nassau County, New York. No "home course" but I've been playing Nassau Country Club recently. 

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?-- People are very friendly and pleasant. The weather isn't friendly 3/4 of the year. 

7. What do you do for a living?-- Attorney

8. How’d you pick your user name?--I am/was a competitive tennis player and recently committed to playing and improving my golf game. I spend a lot of time reading about game improvement, researching new gear/tech and have lots of friends asking for reviews/opinions on things so I decided to share my findings and experiences on Instagram and Youtube. AcesAndHoles was born. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9* w/ Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons : Wilson D7 Forged 4-P

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line

AKA the #FourPuttPrince. 👑

I have been playing golf now for 11 years.  My handicap is 15 and for the last year I have been trying to get it lowered but work and a kid have slowed that progress.  The thing that I love about golf is its just you versus the course.  It's one of those sports where anything can happen just as in hunting and fishing.  The thing i love the most about golf was that I picked it up one I returned home from Iraq as a stress relief and it has been such a big help.  I came here because one day while on golfwrx a article about something came up what I cant remember but the content seems and the people seem like its more to offer here than on golfwrx. c Currently i'm located in southern maryland and my home course is Hawthrone Country Club.  Golf in Maryland is great in spring miserable in summer and great again in the fall.  Overall as long as you know how to deal with the weather you can play golf year round almost.  For a living i'm a career fireman and i picked my username because its been something thats been with me since I joined the volunteer fire house when I was 16.

Driver::mizuno-small:JPX Ez

3W::mizuno-small: JPX 850 15*

Hybrid: :mizuno-small: JPX EZ 18*

Irons::mizuno-small: MP-54- 4I through PW

Wedges::cleveland-small: RTX 52*56*60*

Putter: :mizuno-small:Pro 9901 or :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport Old

Ball: :titelist-small:Tour Soft

Hello from western PA. I'll try to answer the questions asked as well as possible.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    Playing since I was a kid, now in my late 30s. Haven't played a single round in almost 4 years and with COVID it'll be well over 4 years. Last I played my handicap was 5-ish. I wish I could remember.

2. What do you love about golf?
    Love that it's something I can do all by myself and get away from it all. Love even more that my son (7) is getting into it and it's something we can do together and get away from it all. He's getting me back into the game. I'm also a bit of a club ho...

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    Heard a lot about this place on Youtube. Figured I'd stop in and see what's up.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
    From Western PA, was living in Ohio. No home course yet, but plenty to choose from once I get back into it.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best: Lots of great courses, lots of affordable courses.

Worst: The season is barely April to October if we're lucky. Occasionally, as a kid, I was able to play all year if there was no snow on the ground. Grew to hate the cold so I just don't do it anymore. Maybe once I'm back into it.

6. What do you do for a living?
    I operate my own business, an air taxi/charter and aircraft management company. I'm also a flight instructor and corporate pilot. Spend a lot of time on the airlines and in hotels. [Shameless plug] Send me a message if any of that interests you [/plug]

7. How’d you pick your user name?
    I'm really unoriginal. Wompwomp.

Looking forward to peeking around.

On 7/14/2020 at 3:25 AM, Aerogolf said:

Hello from western PA. I'll try to answer the questions asked as well as possible.

Playing since I was a kid, now in my late 30s. Haven't played a single round in almost 4 years and with COVID it'll be well over 4 years. Last I played my handicap was 5-ish. I wish I could remember.

Love that it's something I can do all by myself and get away from it all. Love even more that my son (7) is getting into it and it's something we can do together and get away from it all. He's getting me back into the game. I'm also a bit of a club ho...

Heard a lot about this place on Youtube. Figured I'd stop in and see what's up.

From Western PA, was living in Ohio. No home course yet, but plenty to choose from once I get back into it.

Best: Lots of great courses, lots of affordable courses.

Worst: The season is barely April to October if we're lucky. Occasionally, as a kid, I was able to play all year if there was no snow on the ground. Grew to hate the cold so I just don't do it anymore. Maybe once I'm back into it.

I operate my own business, an air taxi/charter and aircraft management company. I'm also a flight instructor and corporate pilot. Spend a lot of time on the airlines and in hotels. [Shameless plug] Send me a message if any of that interests you [/plug]

I'm really unoriginal. Wompwomp.

Looking forward to peeking around.

I have often times wanted to learn to fly!  My cousin is a pilot for United, and I know a few private pilots but I have always wanted to learn...it would make golf trips a lot easier!

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

I have played a bit for around 2 years, but really began to pick up the game a lot more in the past year.  I have managed to get to an 8.4 handicap as of right now, but I think I am honestly more of a 10.  Usually shoot anywhere from 78-85.
    The mental aspect.  Allows me to be competitive within myself. It's a release from the rest of life.  Also as a former lacrosse and hockey player, its a bit easier on my back and hips haha.

Don't know any other spies, but have been following the youtube channel as I have worked to put a second hand bag together via ebay and such and figured it was time to get involved!

From Central New York (Syracuse).  Try to play all the courses in that area!

Best: Lots of nice courses to choose from

Worst: you ain't playing all year long in one of the snowiest cities in the US

Still a student actually- preparing for my lacrosse days to end and ready to exchange for the golf sticks .

a nickname my buddies have given me.  Utilizes my last name and a homage to the great Kimbo Slice (RIP).

Excited to be here.

Edited by Zimbo Slice 12

Driver: 2023 Callaway Paradym - Tensei AV White 65X
3w: Mizuno GT 180 14 degree
5w: Cobra Rad Speed 19 degree
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 4-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM7 52F, 56M, 60M
Putter: TaylorMade GTX black
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x #7

2023 Callaway Paradym Driver Tester

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?    Been playing since 2010.  Handicap is 14.5.  90 is the standard. 

2. What do you love about golf?  Time away from the madness of work, kids, and overall grind.  Provides an opportunity to be competitive with myself and others.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Watch a ton of the youtube videos and just realized the lab is only is hour away in my home state of Virginia.  MyGolfSpy provides objective data driven feedback which is always welcomed in the world of fancy golf equipment and tech.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Mechanicsville, VA.  I play a bunch of budget friendly courses.  Probably play The Crossings the most.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best:  Public courses typically in good shape and put the effort into the greens (not as much into the fairways).  Plenty of affordable public options within 20 minutes with layouts that are not to exhausting to walk.  Worst:  Cart fees are expensive and twilight rate hours are later in the day.

6. What do you do for a living?  Project Manager (Mechanical Engineer)   

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Physics Geek.  Newtons Second Law. 

:cobra-small: Driver: F9, 10 degree, Stock Stiff 

:cobra-small: 3W: BioCell, 13.5 degree, Stock Stiff

:cobra-small: 2h: F8, 17.5 degree, Stock Stiff

:cobra-small: 4h: F7, 21.5 degree, Stock Stiff

:cobra-small: 5-GW: F8 One Length, Stock Stiff

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 56 degree, S Grind

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 60 degree, M Grind

:EVNROLL: ER5

:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour 2020 / Z-Star 2019

Hey All You Spies glad to be here so here goes,

I'm Jim from Morris Plains, NJ and am looking forward to spending some time on the site and hopefully getting into some good discussions. I really like all the content here and hope I can add to the discussions. I am a little bit of a tinkerer so this should be fun.

1. I have been playing golf for 30 years now and i am carrying a +1 at the moment.

2.  What I love most about golf is the competition and the every changing conditions you encounter.

3.  Been checking out the site from time to time so with all the down time lately I thought id give it  try. I don't know any spies but hope to meet some local ones.

4.  I live in Northern NJ and try to play many places but recently been playing Galloping Hill with some buddies.

5.  Best thing about this area is all the world class courses and all I have had the luck to play . I guess the short golf season is the biggest draw back but we sure do have some amazing courses here.

6.  Right now I'm not working but I was in the 3D Motion Capture business mainly with baseball.

7.  I enjoy the game and the competition but would love to start playing more, the last few years work kept me from playing much.

Jim B WITB

Driver TM.jpg.b296331d9173898ec17ad2741c8f845c.jpg M5 9.0* Aldila Rogue MSI 125 TX

Fairway: Titleist.jpg.764138bc1d11fb33a2cfa7ed9c47cc5d.jpg 904F 15* Accra SE80* M5

Hybrids: Srixon.jpg.aa71c273be23edd129c62050d7bb4b19.jpg Z U85 2 & 4 KBS Tour X

Irons: Srixon.jpg.109ae2418f62389adb4840acf273c059.jpg Z Forged 5 - P KBS Tour X

Wedges: Titleist.jpg.7243b2ec8b6637512af10c41b34f35d2.jpg Vokey Design SM7 50-12F, 56-14F, 60-12D KBS Tour X

Putter: Rife Long Mallet 45"

On 7/19/2020 at 10:39 PM, ballplayer002003 said:

I have often times wanted to learn to fly!  My cousin is a pilot for United, and I know a few private pilots but I have always wanted to learn...it would make golf trips a lot easier!

It's almost as addictive as golf, but ten times as expensive.

We're in the process of finding an aircraft for some charter/air taxi since currently the airplanes are all managed (owned by someone else). The plus side of that is all of the financial risk is on someone else. The down side is I can't really just take a plane to go do a golf trip, see a ballgame, go skiing, head to the beach, etc. I think you're 100% right on making golf trips easier if you have your own plane, something more affordable than most realize.

How’s it going fellow Spies? New member here. A friend and fellow spy recommended the site and so far I’m really impressed. Looking forward to reading future product reviews and scrolling through members’ posts. 

How long have you been playing golf and what is your handicap/normal score?...

I’ve been playing golf on and off for almost  35 years but more consistently over the past 5 years or so. My current handicap is 14(ish)...normally shoot mid 80’s.

Why do I love playing golf?...

I’ve loved playing golf since I was in high school but over the years, work and family obligations limited outings so improvements in my game have been sporadic. I do like the independence-being solely responsible for controlling personal successes or challenges within ones game. Also, there’s nothing like hitting that amazing, pure shot to keep you coming back.

What brings you to MGS? and Do I know any other spies?...

Mentioned earlier that a friend (and fellow spy) recommended the site. Like the non-biased, informative reviews. I think there are a few other spies I may know.

Where are you from? and What is your home course?...

Currently live in Delaware. We play all around Delaware. Don’t really have a “home course” but play Maple Dale GC often. I’m also in a league at Jonathan’s Landing GC.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?...

I’d say the best thing about the region is the proximity to many courses within Delaware. Additionally, there are great courses in surrounding states within a couple hrs drive. The downfall affecting golf here is the lack of elevation changes (Delaware is pretty flat) and also the weather/change of seasons which often affects the quality of continuous year-round play.

What do you do for a living?...

I retired after serving 23 yrs. in the Air Force. Worked in civil service for several years and I’m currently between jobs.

7 hours ago, Skelly said:

How’s it going fellow Spies? New member here. A friend and fellow spy recommended the site and so far I’m really impressed. Looking forward to reading future product reviews and scrolling through members’ posts. 

I’ve been playing golf on and off for almost  35 years but more consistently over the past 5 years or so. My current handicap is 14(ish)...normally shoot mid 80’s.

I’ve loved playing golf since I was in high school but over the years, work and family obligations limited outings so improvements in my game have been sporadic. I do like the independence-being solely responsible for controlling personal successes or challenges within ones game. Also, there’s nothing like hitting that amazing, pure shot to keep you coming back.

Mentioned earlier that a friend (and fellow spy) recommended the site. Like the non-biased, informative reviews. I think there are a few other spies I may know.

Currently live in Delaware. We play all around Delaware. Don’t really have a “home course” but play Maple Dale GC often. I’m also in a league at Jonathan’s Landing GC.

I’d say the best thing about the region is the proximity to many courses within Delaware. Additionally, there are great courses in surrounding states within a couple hrs drive. The downfall affecting golf here is the lack of elevation changes (Delaware is pretty flat) and also the weather/change of seasons which often affects the quality of continuous year-round play.

I retired after serving 23 yrs. in the Air Force. Worked in civil service for several years and I’m currently between jobs.

Finally!!!!!!  Took you long enough.

7 hours ago, Skelly said:

@AceBino look, it's #2

New spy here Mike

Rochester, ny

Typical score: 77-84 I grew up playing golf in my childhood stopped playing for over 10 years and now I've been playing the last 2 years as much as I can.

I Love trying to get better at something the self accountability you get what you put in I really also missed competition after playing sports I needed something competitive in my life.

I have been reading My golf spy for years love their attention to detail and their groundbreaking studies. I listen to the podcast as well. I know no one on here

I don't have a home course I play the local municipal courses twin hills timber ridge and ravenwood most of the time.

Best Thing in Rochester is the amount of courses we have there are a ton and by some great designers too like robert trent jones worst easily is weather

I am a manager at a auto service center

Screen name came from me being a father to my son Michael Jr and I actually had my 2ndchild a little girl born today.

Clubs:D: Mizuno st190 stiff 9 degrees played at 10 3W: TM M4 stiff 15 degrees 3H: Tour Edge EXS stiff 19 degrees Irons: 4-PW Srixon Z565 stiff Wedges: 50 Ping glide 2.0 stiff, 54 Vokey SM6 stiff, 58 Vokey SM6 stiff all clubs standard length and lie Putter: Odyssey toulon columbus/Taylormade spider tour platinum. Right handed Rochester, Ny

1. I had a 9 Iron that I used to hit in my grandparents backyard after school when I was a little kid . I played my first round on a golf course when I was 14. I took up the game seriously when I was 25. I'm currently a 9.3 but I'm working hard to break 7.0 before it gets to cold to play much. 

2. It's pretty much the perfect pastime for me. I get to walk in nature, get my competitive juices going, and the feeling when you hit that ridiculous 200yd cut around the corner and onto the green just can't be matched anywhere. 

3. Ive been using the review's for a while. Just thought I would join the conversation 

4. Charlottesville Va, Meadow Creek Golfcourse 

5. Central Virginia is Beautiful and there are great reasonably priced golf courses all around. The weather can be hot in the summer and cold in the winter but Virginia is hard to complain about. 

6. I was in the restaurant business, now I'm looking for new opportunities..

7. Its a play on an old teachers name. 

Taylormade R15 9.5 deg

Titleist 913f 15 deg 

Titleist 913h 19 deg

Titleist 913h 24 deg

Mizuno MP H5 5-PW

Vokey SM5 52deg, 56deg, 60 deg 

Scotty Cameron Kombi  

On 2/11/2019 at 5:20 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have been playing for 26 years and current handicap is 13.4

2. What do you love about golf?  There are a few things I love about playing golf. No matter how long you play or how good you get you will never matter it.  I love the feeling of a pure strike that flies and lands exactly how you planned.  Finally I love that I can enjoy a round of golf with friends and a few beers.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  A web search brought me to MyGolfSpy. I don't know any other Spies but look forward to meeting some. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I'm from York, PA and my home course would be Cool Creek in Wrightsville. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best- nice courses at reasonable rates.  Worst- courses can get a bit crowded leading to longer than normal rounds

6. What do you do for a living?  In retired law enforcement and currently working in manufacturing

7. How’d you pick your user name? A combination of my name and an important number. 

Hit'em long and straight! 

On 7/31/2020 at 8:59 PM, MikesaileSR said:

New spy here Mike

Rochester, ny

Typical score: 77-84 I grew up playing golf in my childhood stopped playing for over 10 years and now I've been playing the last 2 years as much as I can.

I Love trying to get better at something the self accountability you get what you put in I really also missed competition after playing sports I needed something competitive in my life.

I have been reading My golf spy for years love their attention to detail and their groundbreaking studies. I listen to the podcast as well. I know no one on here

I don't have a home course I play the local municipal courses twin hills timber ridge and ravenwood most of the time.

Best Thing in Rochester is the amount of courses we have there are a ton and by some great designers too like robert trent jones worst easily is weather

I am a manager at a auto service center

Screen name came from me being a father to my son Michael Jr and I actually had my 2ndchild a little girl born today.

Congrats on the baby girl! I've got in-laws up in Rochester and play up there when I get the chance. Quite a few really nice golf courses around there. 

:cobra-small: RADSPEED Driver 9* HZRD BLUE SMOKE 6.0 shaft

:ping-small: G425 MAX 3 wood 

:srixon-small: 5 wood

:titelist-small: H1 Hybrid

• For over 25 years.  8.2 index

• The competition and always trying to get better

• I've been hear for years but my account got all outta wack

• Jeffersonville, PA.  Jeffersonville GC

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• Too many private courses that I cant find a way on to.  My home course is a Donald Ross original.

6. What do you do for a living?

• IT Consultant

7. How’d you pick your user name?

• Has to do with college

Driver: TM Stealth - Fuji Ventus TR 6x 
3W: Tour Edge Exotic CBX, GD Tour AD-IZ 7x
Hybrid: 19* XCG7 Matrix Red Tie S
4 iron: PXG 0311P Gen 4 TT Elevate Tour X
5 iron-PW: Mizuno Pro 223 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: Mizuno T20 51*, 56*, 60* TT DG Tour S400
Putter: Swag Tour Suave Too 34.5"

• 4 weeks later...

hey everyone. new guy here from queens, NY

1. How long have you been playing golf?  two whole months! my dad has been trying to get me to play for years, and i finally gave in back in July out of covid boredom 

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? i’m about a 22 handicap currently  a good round for me is in the mid 90s

3. What do you love about golf? i’m a former athlete (D1 baseball and nationally ranked weightlifter) and i love that golf is a competition against yourself  

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? every time i read up on new golf gear i inevitably landed here  i figured i might as well join 

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? i’m from queens, ny  i don’t have a home track, but i mostly play Eisenhower Park  

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? it’s tough to come up with a best  i think to find really good golf, i’ve gotta drive upstate a bit  i’ve got a few of those trips planned now that i’m into it  the worst is definitely how crowded public courses are.  

7. What do you do for a living? commercial real estate

8. How’d you pick your user name? just thought it was funny. i’ve belonged to a few forums and always try to go with a theme-appropriate pun for a handle

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

1. How long have you been playing golf?  

• Since I was about five. Golf has always been a huge part of my family

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? 

• 14.5 and typically I shoot in the upper 80's

3. What do you love about golf? 

• I love being outside as well as the constant drive to imrpove.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? 

• As an engineer I love the technology insight and MyGolfSpy never shied away from in depth data or technology of the industry.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? 

• I am from New Jersey and my home course would be Raritan Valley Country club where I caddy at on the weekends.

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? 

• The best thing would be the over abundance of public courses all within an hours drive. The worst would be its difficult to play in the winter.

7. What do you do for a living? 

• I am a mechanical engineer for an optics company in north jersey. I work around the corner from the driving range so I am able to practice for about a half hour during my lunch break.

8. How’d you pick your user name? 

• I am and have been a caddy for the past 10+ years. 

Driver:  :titleist-small: TSR3 8°, set to A1, Graphite Design UB 7X 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small:SIM 3 Wood 15°, Aldila Rouge Silver 7X

3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 8S

2 Utility: :srixon-small: ZX Utility, LA Golf Tour AXS Blue, (15th club)

4i-AW:  :srixon-small:ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400

56°: :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

60° :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :L.A.B.: Mezz1 Max

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Forum Reviews: 

:Sub70: Official Member Review Sub 70 TAIII Wedges

:Nippon: Official Member Review Zelos 7 Shaft Review

:vokey-small:Unofficial Vokey SM8 and Wedge & Wedge Works Review 

:srixon-small:Unofficial Srixon 2021 ZX7 Iron Review

:titleist-small: Unofficial TSR3 Review