Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

On 11/13/2020 at 9:11 PM, Notyochezz said:

- I started playing golf in high school after I gave up playing football. Was a complete beginner and worked my way from my first year playing as a sophomore to our teams #1 golfer as a senior. Last year I worked my handicap down to a 7.2 but I had an operation done on my core and it has reset my game. I am currently playing at slightly better than bogey golf 

- I love the challenge of golf and there are so many aspects of the game that make it unique.

- I occasionally do some Caddying and one of the MSG team members also used to caddy at the same course. I frequent the website for reviews and especially the ball lab tests.

- I am originally from Cbus, Ohio and used to play all the city courses especially Raymond Memorial. I have recently moved from the west end of Richmond to east of town and and I have a new home course, Brickshire

-best thing about the region is lots of good courses and a long playing season. Worst part is the heat of the summer and the courses have a tough time in July and August 

- I teach middle school math for a living.

-My username stems for my Spanish class name in high school  I also used to write Nacho on my golf balls during high school golf matches. 

Welcome.  Glad to have another DMV neighbor.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Welcome.  Glad to have another DMV neighbor.  

Especially another one from RVA.  Welcome aboard, @Notyochezz.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

On 11/13/2020 at 9:11 PM, Notyochezz said:

- I started playing golf in high school after I gave up playing football. Was a complete beginner and worked my way from my first year playing as a sophomore to our teams #1 golfer as a senior. Last year I worked my handicap down to a 7.2 but I had an operation done on my core and it has reset my game. I am currently playing at slightly better than bogey golf 

- I love the challenge of golf and there are so many aspects of the game that make it unique.

- I occasionally do some Caddying and one of the MSG team members also used to caddy at the same course. I frequent the website for reviews and especially the ball lab tests.

- I am originally from Cbus, Ohio and used to play all the city courses especially Raymond Memorial. I have recently moved from the west end of Richmond to east of town and and I have a new home course, Brickshire

-best thing about the region is lots of good courses and a long playing season. Worst part is the heat of the summer and the courses have a tough time in July and August 

- I teach middle school math for a living.

-My username stems for my Spanish class name in high school  I also used to write Nacho on my golf balls during high school golf matches. 

Just on the other side of town, kinda near Regency Mall. @HardcoreLooperand I have played together and always looking for more to join! Welcome aboard!

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

Just on the other side of town, kinda near Regency Mall. [mention=54754]HardcoreLooper[/mention]and I have played together and always looking for more to join! Welcome aboard!

I’m down in the Beach but make it to Williamsburg quite a bit. Should set something up.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

9 hours ago, djahubes said:

I’m down in the Beach but make it to Williamsburg quite a bit. Should set something up.

I'm always up for a trip down to the 'Burg.  Maybe grab a Hot Holly at Paul's on the way out of town.  It's a good time right now to play the Golden Horseshoe Gold course if you have a VIP card ($69).  But I'll play anywhere.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I'm always up for a trip down to the 'Burg.  Maybe grab a Hot Holly at Paul's on the way out of town.  It's a good time right now to play the Golden Horseshoe Gold course if you have a VIP card ($69).  But I'll play anywhere.

Let’s work something out. We usually try to get 36 in Green then Gold bc the replay is $60 on the gold.

On 11/22/2020 at 2:48 PM, djahubes said:

Let’s work something out. We usually try to get 36 in Green then Gold bc the replay is $60 on the gold.

I love the idea, but if we're going to get 36 in we may need a little more daylight.  I didn't know that you could get a $60 replay on the Gold if you play the Green first.  That's a serious PROTIP.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Hey All, 

Longtime follower of the My Golf Spy page. I have been getting back to and more serious with my golf over the last year.  With my work I get asked more frequently to golf and I am finding slipping off to hit a quick 9 to be a great way to manage stress etc. 

Live outside Frederick, MD and get to play courses throughout the Mid Atlantic. My favorites thus far are Little Bennett and Monterery Country Club.  Worthington Manor is the closest course to me and I enjoy practicing there. 

I have a 2 yo going on 3 who likes coming to the practice green and bunkers with me and sometimes I drag my wife out there with me. Looking foward to delving more into golf and learning more from this community. 

James

PXL_20201018_133640377.jpg.f13e6bb12311ea6317f5f7fb8a5be158.jpg

Edited by CCRyder

:wilson_staff_small: Triton 10.5 degree regular flex
:taylormade-small: R580 3 & 5 stiff flex 
1700984641_Screenshot2021-02-09at1_22_31PM.png.826d2fd278c265f02c50f581ec750bf5.png Inazone Single Length 4H
:cobra-small: 5i-SW Cobra Fmax ONE Length regular flex steel
:ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 
:ping-small: 2021 Hoofer 

image.jpeg.f0b1d1d2bc3b2ec6880dd6c9a3b096e9.jpeg   image.jpeg.231a9c2f1e7b1dc46388ceac1039351a.jpeg     image.png.32ebfd5998dc591ff68ab71bb6d09b08.png

Hey All, 
Longtime follower of the My Golf Spy page. I have been getting back to and more serious with my golf over the last year.  With my work I get asked more frequently to golf and I am finding slipping off to hit a quick 9 to be a great way to manage stress etc. 
Live outside Frederick, MD and get to play courses throughout the Mid Atlantic. My favorites thus far are Little Bennett and Monterery Country Club.  Worthington Manor is the closest course to me and I enjoy practicing there. 
I have a 2 yo going on 3 who likes coming to the practice green and bunkers with me and sometimes I drag my wife out there with me. Looking foward to delving more into golf and learning more from this community. 
James
Welcome! As another Frederick person I am embarrassed to say I have never played Little Bennett haha. Mostly play out of Clustered or Maple Run.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

55 minutes ago, CCRyder said:

Hey All, 

James

Welcome, I live in Howard County and work at a course in AA County, but love playing the Frederick courses, especially Worthington.   Next year if everything gets somewhat back to non crazy, we will definitely have a good size outing in the area.

4 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

Welcome! As another Frederick person I am embarrassed to say I have never played Little Bennett haha. Mostly play out of Clustered or Maple Run.

I have only played Little Bennet a couple times, and it's been many many years, but it's a really cool layout with some challenging blind shots. 

34 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Welcome, I live in Howard County and work at a course in AA County, but love playing the Frederick courses, especially Worthington.   Next year if everything gets somewhat back to non crazy, we will definitely have a good size outing in the area.

I have only played Little Bennet a couple times, and it's been many many years, but it's a really cool layout with some challenging blind shots. 

Thanks all for the warm welcomes. Those blind shots at Little Bennett are no joke. I fortunatley have played it enough to know my limitations. Looking foward to the otherside of the pandemic and getting out with MGS folks. I need to get over to Clustered Spires as I have an affinity for city/county owned courses. 

1700984641_Screenshot2021-02-09at1_22_31PM.png.826d2fd278c265f02c50f581ec750bf5.png Inazone Single Length 4H

image.jpeg.f0b1d1d2bc3b2ec6880dd6c9a3b096e9.jpeg   image.jpeg.231a9c2f1e7b1dc46388ceac1039351a.jpeg     image.png.32ebfd5998dc591ff68ab71bb6d09b08.png

I love the idea, but if we're going to get 36 in we may need a little more daylight.  I didn't know that you could get a $60 replay on the Gold if you play the Green first.  That's a serious PROTIP.

Look forward to it. Think we will get a couple more decent days before the cold sets in

Richmond VA Spies - We now have a Random Golf Club chapter:

https://www.instagram.com/randomgolfclub_richmond/

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Glad to be here--didn't start playing till I was 40, got tired of "holding down the office" on Fridays.  Then--got really competitive about it, played in tournaments, got down to about an 8.  Then took a long hiatus to coach and play another sport.

Live in NOVA, play at Pleasant Valley, mostly with my son-in-law.  Working on getting competitive again.

So much to love about the game--the feeling of a well struck shot is something hard to describe--and to match--in any other sport or athletic endeavor.

Don't know any other golf spies, but use MGS recommendations quite a bit!

I'm a lawyer, own my firm, but I promise I'm not an A@#H#$e unless it's really necessary.  And it almost never is.

Callaway x460 proforce purple and gold, stiff

Sub 70 3 wood, 5 wood, hybrid,

New level irons--623 mforged 5-g

elevate 95 r shaft

Mizuno SW

Seemore putter

24 minutes ago, sub80 said:

Glad to be here--didn't start playing till I was 40, got tired of "holding down the office" on Fridays.  Then--got really competitive about it, played in tournaments, got down to about an 8.  Then took a long hiatus to coach and play another sport.

Live in NOVA, play at Pleasant Valley, mostly with my son-in-law.  Working on getting competitive again.

So much to love about the game--the feeling of a well struck shot is something hard to describe--and to match--in any other sport or athletic endeavor.

I'm a lawyer, own my firm, but I promise I'm not an A@#H#$e unless it's really necessary.  And it almost never is.

Well if you ever represent me for any reason, I’d want you to be an A@$$#% to the other side. 

I’m in Anne Arundel County but get out that way occasionally to visit 1757.   

We will definitely have a 2021 outing next yesr.  Maybe make it a 2 day shindig! 

28 minutes ago, sub80 said:

Welcome aboard!

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I've played for fun for around 12 years (Just turned 25). While I've always loved it, hockey was my main focus through college.  My handicap is 13.x at the moment, and I typically shoot mid/upper 80's.  
  2. What do you love about golf?

Relative to hockey, it's a much more sustainable sport to play competitively, through both handicaps and the level to which we compete with ourselves...not to mention it's much easier on the body as well.  It's also a great way to spend a day with friends and meet new people. 
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I've read both the site and forum for a while now,  and it felt like about time that I join.  While I know other readers, I am uncertain if any are members of the forum.
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I live a few miles South of Pittsburgh, and my home course is The Club at Nevillewood. Bedford Springs is another favorite.
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The hills and the hills. I think that they make for some tremendous scenery and fun yet challenging holes, but can also turn walking some courses into a hike, literally.  Obviously I wish it were 75 and sunny every day as well! 
  6. What do you do for a living?

I work at a wealth management firm in an investment research role, and as an advisor/planner primarily for younger clients.
  7. How’d you pick your user name?

It's simple - it is a nickname and my number from hockey days. 

Driver: Cobra LTDx @ 8* w/ Fujikura Speeder Evo Tour Spec

3w: Taylormade SLDR TS 14* w/ Speeder 757

3hy: Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* w/ KBS Hybrid 

Irons (4-P): ZX5/ZX7 combo w/Modus 120

Wedge: Vokey SM8 50-08F, 54-10S, 58-08M w/ DG S200

Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Ball: Bridgestone Tour B-XS

On 11/30/2020 at 10:20 PM, sub80 said:

Welcome from another NOVA person, I live in Reston, and play at Stoneleigh GC in Round Hill.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Welcome the club! I play your sister course a lot ... South Riding. Live in Leesburg so I play the courses all over Loudoun and Fairfax. Probably isn't one in the area I haven't played at some time or another.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

5 hours ago, fetch29 said:

Hi All,

I've played for fun for around 12 years (Just turned 25). While I've always loved it, hockey was my main focus through college.  My handicap is 13.x at the moment, and I typically shoot mid/upper 80's.  

Relative to hockey, it's a much more sustainable sport to play competitively, through both handicaps and the level to which we compete with ourselves...not to mention it's much easier on the body as well.  It's also a great way to spend a day with friends and meet new people. 

I've read both the site and forum for a while now,  and it felt like about time that I join.  While I know other readers, I am uncertain if any are members of the forum.

I live a few miles South of Pittsburgh, and my home course is The Club at Nevillewood. Bedford Springs is another favorite.

The hills and the hills. I think that they make for some tremendous scenery and fun yet challenging holes, but can also turn walking some courses into a hike, literally.  Obviously I wish it were 75 and sunny every day as well! 

I work at a wealth management firm in an investment research role, and as an advisor/planner primarily for younger clients.

Welcome! Grew up just outside of Pittsburgh and now live up near Harrisburg. We get together with some of the MD guys every year. Once we're able to and we get something planned you should come on up!

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

16 hours ago, PAgolfer2017 said:

Welcome! Grew up just outside of Pittsburgh and now live up near Harrisburg. We get together with some of the MD guys every year. Once we're able to and we get something planned you should come on up!

That sounds like a blast!  It's a beautiful drive between here, Harrisburg, and MD.  I'd be great to meet you guys and play some golf.

Driver: Cobra LTDx @ 8* w/ Fujikura Speeder Evo Tour Spec

3w: Taylormade SLDR TS 14* w/ Speeder 757

3hy: Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* w/ KBS Hybrid 

Irons (4-P): ZX5/ZX7 combo w/Modus 120

Wedge: Vokey SM8 50-08F, 54-10S, 58-08M w/ DG S200

Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Ball: Bridgestone Tour B-XS

On 2/11/2019 at 5:20 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Mid-Atlantic Region

New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

Greetings everyone!

Not sure I had ever filled in the new member forum, but thought I'd revisit now.  Loved my interactions with everyone thus far in the forums so..

Anywho... answers to the questions

I'm Bob from PA.  

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Picked up the game around 21 and have been playing for the past 26 years.  Currently playing to a 4, but that like all of us goes up and down depending on my practice and round counts.  Typically shooting mid 70's with a low round of 68.  

2. What do you love about golf?  I grew up in athletics and did pretty well for myself in the game of football.  As an All Star Nose Tackle and OL went on to play in college.  Unfortunately, that was cut short my first year due to a bad tear in my right shoulder.  Leaving the game, I still remained extremely competitive and wanted to find something I could continue to do to satisfy that need.  Golf was my grandfathers game, as well as my uncles so it was logical to venture on.  I'd say the complexity of getting better, learning the fundamentals and the fact that one never does perfect the game have been my fundamental draw.  Add in trying to constantly do better than the last round and or beating an opponent; I was hopelessly hooked on the game from the start!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've talked to a few so far and thoroughly enjoy being on a site and in forums with likeminded individuals that share my passion and enthusiasm for the game and gear!  That was probably what hooked me most.  You can read the so called experts and watch a million YouTubers (I do that as well sadly) but to talk to normal guys and gals that share your same passion is far more meaningful.  I also love to post and write up thoughts on gear and the game. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Originally I'm from Central Pa.  The Harrisburg region to be specific.  I've never really left the area because of family and work.  Truly enjoy the area and it's been wonderful to raise my children here.  Home course wise, I have three that I play with regularity.  First is Sunset Golf Course.  No, it's not Augusta... but for those whom have lived near and grew up on the River all their lives it's got the best views around.  It's also where I learned to play the game.  The second would be Dauphin Highlands.  Great track but the conditions are questionable most days.  The other course, probably my favorite, is Royal Manchester. What an amazing track.  Links style with fescue that would make you curse like a sailor and limp out after attempting to flail one out. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best would be the multitude of courses available to play within a very short drive.  There are just so many courses to play and all within 30-40 minutes, or less, from each other.  Worst, it's obvious... I'm from Pa.  It's the cold winters. They're definitely a bit brutal. 

6. What do you do for a living?  I work for the Commonwealth of Pa.  

7. How’d you pick your user name?  My name and my football number.  

That's all for now. Look forward to continue to chat with all of you!  It's been an absolute pleasure thus far. 

Thanks!

Bob

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

Hi Everyone - longtime lurker that finally decided to do an intro! Look forward to interacting with you all more and hopefully getting out and meeting y'all!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing for ~15 years and typically shoot in the low 80s. All-time best is a 75(+3), but that was about 10 years ago.

2. What do you love about golf? Love that you can play it your entire life and that you can play it seriously, or casually with some friends.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Love the content that MGS puts out.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Born and raised in NOVA. Play out of TPC Potomac in MD, but am always up for an outing somewhere else. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Worst thing is price/availability of tee times and best would be the variety of courses.

6. What do you do for a living? M&A/Strategy Consultant

7. How’d you pick your user name? Name and old house number

Driver: :callaway-small: XR16 LD 7* w/ House of Forged Jamie Sadlowski S

3Wood: :cobra-small: F9 Speedback Tour 12.5* Draw w/ Project X Even Flow White T1100 75S

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H1 16* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90S

Irons: :titelist-small: 718 T-MB (3); :titelist-small: 716 AP2 (5-PW)

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 52/58; :cleveland-small: Full-face 64

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Hollywood / :cleveland-small: SOFT 11

Ball: :srixon-small:

Instagram: @thatgolfguyrob

All of my fellow Delaware members and I...wait...oh damn it's like only me, we want to say welcome everyone.  You will love this site!  There are a lot of great people here all with the same love for the game as you!  Enjoy!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

As a relatively new member, I'd like to welcome my "newer: fellow MGS'ers.  Glad to see so many share their passion for this great sport and the equipment we all are rabid over.  Look for to chatting!

Cen Penn welcomes you!

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

• 4 weeks later...

Figured it might be good to throw a post in here and possibly connect with some folks nearby

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? First time I played was in college and played on very rare occasion over the past decade or so. During the fall picked it up more seriously and really enjoying the challenge of learning/improving. Informal handicap through 16 rounds tracked on 18birdies is 25.7. Hadn't been able to break through 100 and then last week played out of my mind and shot 87.

2. What do you love about golf? There's a lot to love. Always been competitive so I love the competition against myself and others. Great to be outside and play casually with friends as well

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I came across the site while doing research for new clubs and loved the unbiased/data driven reviews. Don't know anyone else yet

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Live in Purcellville (Loudoun County/Nova). Typically play a lot of the courses in Front Royal as they're a little more in my price range. Have played Bowling Green North the most

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is that there are a good amount of courses to try, worth thing is a lot of the ones in my immediate vicinity aren't cheap. 

6. What do you do for a living? I'm the Area Director for Western Loudoun for a non-profit organization called Young Life

7. How’d you pick your user name? My parents picked it

Driver: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi2 9.0* w/ Tensei blue stiff shaft // 3 Wood: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi3 15* Tensei white stiff shaft

Hybrid: default_taylormade-small.jpg.e85cafcb95032f919dfafeb5fd18ac1e.jpg GAPR Hi 3h

Irons: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg T300 4-PW + 48* & 53*w/ KBS tour stiff

Wedge: default_cleveland-small.jpg.5931429dde47ec5093bb94bc9d38f8b5.jpg CBX2 58*10

Putter: KS1

Ball: Srixon Z-star // Bag: default_ping-small.jpg.2da16be6ff3360b3177f4439c6c6288b.jpg DLX

Hi All,

Welcome played Bedford springs a few years ago and absolutely loved it. Definitely above my normal price range but was worth the cost.

Welcome ! I was also a longtime reader and recently joined and have enjoyed the community so far. I live just across the river in Frederick County MD and every once in a while sneak over to Virginia and play raspberry falls. I feel you on having expensive courses nearby that's sort of my case, the two closest to me are really good courses but out of my normal price range. I tend to stick to the municipal courses. Welcome to the forum.

Figured it might be good to throw a post in here and possibly connect with some folks nearby

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? First time I played was in college and played on very rare occasion over the past decade or so. During the fall picked it up more seriously and really enjoying the challenge of learning/improving. Informal handicap through 16 rounds tracked on 18birdies is 25.7. Hadn't been able to break through 100 and then last week played out of my mind and shot 87.

2. What do you love about golf? There's a lot to love. Always been competitive so I love the competition against myself and others. Great to be outside and play casually with friends as well

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I came across the site while doing research for new clubs and loved the unbiased/data driven reviews. Don't know anyone else yet

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Live in Purcellville (Loudoun County/Nova). Typically play a lot of the courses in Front Royal as they're a little more in my price range. Have played Bowling Green North the most

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is that there are a good amount of courses to try, worth thing is a lot of the ones in my immediate vicinity aren't cheap. 

6. What do you do for a living? I'm the Area Director for Western Loudoun for a non-profit organization called Young Life

7. How’d you pick your user name? My parents picked it

Sent from my Pixel 4 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Welcome ! I was also a longtime reader and recently joined and have enjoyed the community so far. I live just across the river in Frederick County MD and every once in a while sneak over to Virginia and play raspberry falls. I feel you on having expensive courses nearby that's sort of my case, the two closest to me are really good courses but out of my normal price range. I tend to stick to the municipal courses. Welcome to the forum.

That’s awesome. I’ve got a couple buddies who live over that way. I’ve seen a couple courses pop up on Golfnow I’ll probably get over to play at some point. I saw you use the grint as well. Any quick reviews on that?

Driver: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi2 9.0* w/ Tensei blue stiff shaft // 3 Wood: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi3 15* Tensei white stiff shaft

Hybrid: default_taylormade-small.jpg.e85cafcb95032f919dfafeb5fd18ac1e.jpg GAPR Hi 3h

Irons: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg T300 4-PW + 48* & 53*w/ KBS tour stiff

Wedge: default_cleveland-small.jpg.5931429dde47ec5093bb94bc9d38f8b5.jpg CBX2 58*10

Putter: KS1

Ball: Srixon Z-star // Bag: default_ping-small.jpg.2da16be6ff3360b3177f4439c6c6288b.jpg DLX

For sure come on over ! As far as using the grint I really like it it's the most intuitive of those type of apps that I've used and they also can provide you a real handicap if that matters. Again I just think it's the most intuitive on course. I like that you can move the GPS around to see your front middle and back numbers. I just put my phone on do not disturb so I don't get hit up for tons of text messages or phone calls and I just use my phone as a rangefinder.

That’s awesome. I’ve got a couple buddies who live over that way. I’ve seen a couple courses pop up on Golfnow I’ll probably get over to play at some point. I saw you use the grint as well. Any quick reviews on that?