TESTERS WANTED! ×

Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

On 1/16/2021 at 8:28 AM, tchat07 said:

Welcome played Bedford springs a few years ago and absolutely loved it. Definitely above my normal price range but was worth the cost.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

It is such a fun course...lots of character.  I'm not sure if this is still the case, but they used to run some pretty good deals on Groupon.  My folks love Bedford as well, and that is how we first discovered it.

Driver: Cobra LTDx @ 8* w/ Fujikura Speeder Evo Tour Spec

3w: Taylormade SLDR TS 14* w/ Speeder 757

3hy: Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* w/ KBS Hybrid 

Irons (4-P): ZX5/ZX7 combo w/Modus 120

Wedge: Vokey SM8 50-08F, 54-10S, 58-08M w/ DG S200

Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Ball: Bridgestone Tour B-XS

Well, been here forever and this is the first time I've seen this thread. Screw it, if the page is dumb enough to let me type in public, I'm dumb enough to do just that.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? My first season playing golf full time seriously was 2018. I had played before, but only to use it as an excuse to drive a cart while drinking. My very first index was 26.5 in the summer of 2018. Over the winter of 2018/2019 though a few lessons, a proper club fitting, and more range balls than the Kardashian selfie library I had improved greatly. 2019 ended at 13.6, 2020 ended at 14.3. 

2. What do you love about golf? I love having a battle with an opponent (the course) that just sits there and says "You sure you want to ride this train, big boy?". It mocks me, dares me to do better. There's nothing in the world of hobbies and sport to match the feeling of experiencing first hand all of your hard work pay off on the course. I'm an engineer and gravitated to the technical side of the game and that has really taken over. I'm even building my own golf tools now. Name me a sport where anyone can just jump in with now experience and find multiple things to enjoy on this level?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? The further I fell in love with the game the more honest information I needed. After a couple of months of reading other sites, and interacting with members it was clear that MGS was a place I felt like I fit in. When I member asks the community for advice, or information they aren't bombarded with 14 responses that read "Go get fit" from people who might have a little too tight a grip on things. You get good information, people share similar experiences, and the articles.....honest takes on reviews where the authors invite good debate, not belittle you for it. I did not know other Spies before joining, but I've been very happy to call more than a few friend since joining. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm originally from Key Largo, Fl, but live in NYC now. Haven't been here long enough to have a "home course", and if I'm honest....I play the majority of my rounds in New Jersey. Hard to make a call. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best- Plenty of places to play in a close distance, a ton of Golf Mecca courses close to me (Bethpage, for example). BAD- cold weather/winters. Eff all these small number temperatures. And just exactly What in the chocolate covered f**k is all this white stuff on the ground?!?!?

6. What do you do for a living? Disabled Veteran, retired from offshore oil (ROV's, google it) in 2015 and decided I wasn't ready to retire this young. So, I got a job. I'm an Operations Director for a raw building materials company now. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? I mean, it's a cool name. I was shocked nobody grabbed it before I signed up....

Edited by Shank Aaron
Because I cant spell....

Shank's Tentative 2024 WITB

O.B. Finder- Paradym Smoke Ai TD 9*/Ventus TR Blue 6X +1/D

FW- Callaway UW 17*/VA Composites Nemesys 7X

4H- Paradym Super Hybrid/Ventus Velo Blue 8X

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout- (almost time for a new set of something....)

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour (Until the SM10's drop)

Flat One- Bettinardi Hive Poison Kool-Aid Innovai 6.0

Left Dash ALL DAY/14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

• 3 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing for about 20 years, but usually it has been infrequent over the course of a season due to kids, work, life. I recently stopped travelling for work and my kids are out of the house, so I'm hoping to lower my handicap and get better.  I usually shoot ~ 90 but I've been known to go higher and lower.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the outdoors and being around other people.  I like the competition but I'd like it more if I got better or could be consistent. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I read a review about something and just kept coming back for more.  I love the podcast and the fact you do testing to hold companies accountable to their claims.   

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I've lived all over, but am in Hershey, PA area for now.  I live closest to Manada Golf Club in Grantville, PA, but there are several decent courses around me.  My favorite course is Penn National Golf Club near Chambersburg, PA.  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best- decent places to play for not too much money ($35-40 prime time.   Worst - wish I could play year round.

6. What do you do for a living? Work as an IT consultant for a major software company

7. How’d you pick your user name? I graduated from the University of Texas and ended up in PA.  Seemed logical. 

Doug Swist
Irons: PXG Gen3
Wedges: PXG forged
Putter: Odyssey Backstryke
3wd: PXG Gen 3
Driver: Callaway Rouge Max 9*

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 17 years. 9.1 at the moment.

2. What do you love about golf? Is everything an acceptable answer? If I had to chose one thing, it would be the people. From playing partners to club professionals to the grounds crew and bartenders... It’s hard to have a bad day on the golf course when you are surrounded by quality individuals.
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I have followed MGS for a while for reviews and best of lists; finally decided to check out the forums. Nope.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Bristol, TN. The Olde Farm (Bristol, VA)

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? World class golf. Course is closed from Jan 1 - March 23.

6. What do you do for a living? Wealth Management.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Name I’ve used since I was a kid and played MMORPG’s

My name is Ray Shelley, been playing golf since I was young, grandfather was an avid golfer who shot his age multiple times.  I started getting serious about my game 3 years ago after finally giving up softball (really wish it had been a few decades earlier!).  Handicap was around 20, worked my ass off and am now in the single digits.  There is rarely day, thank you indoor simulators, when I don't pick up my clubs and get some kind of work in.  I guess there are worse addictions; but, my wife is not convinced right now.  I reside in Lancaster County, PA and as soon as it gets above 38 no wind/45 wind, I'll be out every day working to get better.  Always looking for some new blood to play with.   I play so much, I need a revolving group of guys (or gals) to play.  And yes, I will go out anytime alone early and get to my home office and get some work in before getting out again later in the day.  Come on daylight savings time!  If you are in the Southern, middle, SE of PA, MD, DE or Jersey, I'd love to play your course. This will be the first year as a club member since my long past father was a member of Lebanon CC.  I play so much and like to play quick, their 2021 new member deal was too good to pass up.  Lebanon is a Club Corp affiliate and being new to this CC thing, not exactly sure how it works.  But, it looks like I have access to some incredible courses.  Hope to see you out on the beautiful green grass that is tragically snow covered as I type.

image.png.7d9efdc7de0a505591926fd89a202868.png

Welcome aboard ! I live down in Frederick, MD but we have a cottage near Blue Ridge Summit, PA and I have played a little around southern PA. I am glad to hear that Penn National is a good course I have been eyeballing that one for this spring. My home course is the little 9 hole Monterey CC.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing for about 20 years, but usually it has been infrequent over the course of a season due to kids, work, life. I recently stopped travelling for work and my kids are out of the house, so I'm hoping to lower my handicap and get better.  I usually shoot ~ 90 but I've been known to go higher and lower.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the outdoors and being around other people.  I like the competition but I'd like it more if I got better or could be consistent. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I read a review about something and just kept coming back for more.  I love the podcast and the fact you do testing to hold companies accountable to their claims.   

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I've lived all over, but am in Hershey, PA area for now.  I live closest to Manada Golf Club in Grantville, PA, but there are several decent courses around me.  My favorite course is Penn National Golf Club near Chambersburg, PA.  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best- decent places to play for not too much money ($35-40 prime time.   Worst - wish I could play year round.

6. What do you do for a living? Work as an IT consultant for a major software company

7. How’d you pick your user name? I graduated from the University of Texas and ended up in PA.  Seemed logical. 

Sent from my Pixel 4 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:wilson_staff_small: Triton 10.5 degree regular flex
:taylormade-small: R580 3 & 5 stiff flex 
1700984641_Screenshot2021-02-09at1_22_31PM.png.826d2fd278c265f02c50f581ec750bf5.png Inazone Single Length 4H
:cobra-small: 5i-SW Cobra Fmax ONE Length regular flex steel
:ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 
:ping-small: 2021 Hoofer 

image.jpeg.f0b1d1d2bc3b2ec6880dd6c9a3b096e9.jpeg   image.jpeg.231a9c2f1e7b1dc46388ceac1039351a.jpeg     image.png.32ebfd5998dc591ff68ab71bb6d09b08.png

• 3 weeks later...

New Member, 

1. How long have you been playing golf?  I've been playing for 20+ years.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? 13 average score 88

3. What do you love about golf? I enjoy the fellowship, the bets, and the courses

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I manage the membership/communications and partnerships for our golf club. we make a lot of purchases for the group and we also like partnering with manufacturers.  Our local chapter has 90+ active members. we are also the founding chapter, 1954.  In the washington area, we have 16 competitive format events, 2-man team, medal play, club championship and the presidents cup

5. Do you already know any other Spies? NO

6. Where are you from? Hometown Chicago, Currently Reside in Washington, DC metro area

7. What is your home course? Northwest Park Golf Course

8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best, you can play up until Dec, the worst, You can't play year around

9. What do you do for a living? Marketing Consultant

10. How’d you pick your user name? It's the name of our club, Washington, DC Pro-Duffers 

2-Man Team Aug 21 Enterprise.jpg

Pro Duffers 2nd Round Medal Play Laytonville Golf Course.jpg

The Hunt for The Red Jacket.jpg

President's Pic 4 Argyle Country Club Pro Duffers.jpg

"First Impressions Really Do Count. Dress To Look The Part You Intend To Play In Life"

a. Iron specs Taylor Made: 3 Deg Up - Stiff - 38"

b. Driver specs (loft/flex):  Cleveland Rogue 10.5 - Even Flow 65 G Stiff

c. Dexterity (right or left-handed) Right

d. Where You Live - Washington, DC metro area

e. Your handicap or average 18 hole score - 85-88

Argyle Country club Hole 17 Par 3.JPG

Practice Round Short Game.JPG

tpc potomac Avenel  hole 18 par 4.JPG

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Mid 80s is my usual score, I can get as low as 77 if my short game is working. 

2. What do you love about golf? Love the fact that you never win. No matter what your score is you always feel that you left a few shots on the course.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Love the reviews and advice on equipment and I don't know any other spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Live in Midland Park, NJ and don't have a home course other than the Bergen County courses.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? It's crazy expensive to join a club, it's hard to get tee times in the bergen county system, but we have a lot of good public courses within an hour drive.

6. What do you do for a living? Public Relations and Marketing.

7. How’d you pick your user name? I had a puppy that was incredible at breaking out of cages, so we combined Houdini and puppy and came up with Pupini as her nickname.

ping.png.7c5862342023c35b77c4616604806e90.png - Driver: 425LST w / KBS TD60 X-Stiff

callaway-golf-logo-4603BD0EB6-seeklogo_com.png.95cd038f8e27b84c978a567dbe7027d3.png- 3-Wood: Callaway Rogue

Screenshot2024-03-24at9_19_26PM.png.0e838ce6cbc9de2df6485dcfda986883.png - Mkii ZX5 irons - 5-pw True Temper Dynamic Golf Tour Issue

596048109_ScreenShot2021-02-28at3_28_30PM.png.6dfa8b67ed327055667700b4ef19afd1.png - Hybrid - 939X: with Proforce V2 Stiff

1884238425_Titleistlogo.png.90c97c2fbcb19171e8ef7dc60bee0fc4.png - SM7 50* & 56*

Screenshot2024-03-24at9_26_28PM.png.6ca0d107c42a18066bd1852fc547613b.png - ER10 Mallet

vicegolf_logo.png.26dae2f1802c046450d6ce62d44baf39.png - Pro Plus

On 3/2/2021 at 2:51 PM, DC Pro Duffers said:

New Member, 

1. How long have you been playing golf?  I've been playing for 20+ years.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? 13 average score 88

3. What do you love about golf? I enjoy the fellowship, the bets, and the courses

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I manage the membership/communications and partnerships for our golf club. we make a lot of purchases for the group and we also like partnering with manufacturers.  Our local chapter has 90+ active members. we are also the founding chapter, 1954.  In the washington area, we have 16 competitive format events, 2-man team, medal play, club championship and the presidents cup

5. Do you already know any other Spies? NO

6. Where are you from? Hometown Chicago, Currently Reside in Washington, DC metro area

7. What is your home course? Northwest Park Golf Course

8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best, you can play up until Dec, the worst, You can't play year around

9. What do you do for a living? Marketing Consultant

10. How’d you pick your user name? It's the name of our club, Washington, DC Pro-Duffers 

2-Man Team Aug 21 Enterprise.jpg

Pro Duffers 2nd Round Medal Play Laytonville Golf Course.jpg

The Hunt for The Red Jacket.jpg

President's Pic 4 Argyle Country Club Pro Duffers.jpg

Welcome from Delaware...Bear Down!  Huge Bears fan here.

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

I like seeing more people in the Frederick MD area. i am in Damascus, about 10 min from LIttle Bennett and 20 min from PB Dye, Worthington, and Whiskey Creek. I play mainly during the week. Hit me up if you need someone to fill out a group

:callaway-small: Mavrik Max, 9* 
:taylormade-small:Stealth 15* / 18*
:callaway-small: Rogue 4H, 21*
:callaway-small: Steelhead XR 5-AW 
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore 52* / 56*
:odyssey-small: White Hot Versa Seven S , 35"
Many other putters in the bullpen waiting for call

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I guess technically I’ve been playing for close to 40 years (I’m 54), but I don’t think I’ve ever played more than a handful of times in any given year and I’ve gone long stretches of years where I haven’t played at all.  Played 2.5 times last year.  Typical score would be mid 90s to low 100s depending on difficulty of course.

2. What do you love about golf?

I like getting outside in a nice setting.  I also like hitting something very hard and watching it go a long way.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I discovered this site a couple years ago when I decided I wanted to try to golf more again. I suppose it’s possible that I know people here. But I’m not aware of it  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I moved to Kennett Square back in September and this is a new area for me.  Grew up in Norristown, but the last 20+ years we lived in Lansdale area.  I don’t have a home course, but I am exploring joining a club around here. I’m hoping that will get me out more, and also find some people I can play with regularly; which I really haven’t had and has been an impediment to me golfing more than I have.  I’ll be touring Hartefeld this weekend  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Difficult for me to say since I’m new to my area, and I simply haven’t golfed much in general to form those opinions about the region.  But from a big picture point of view, I guess the same answer to both. Trees. 

6. What do you do for a living?

I work in Regulatory Affairs in the pharmaceutical industry.  Change in companies (I now work in Wilmington) was the cause for my move to KS

7. How’d you pick your user name?

it’s an old college nickname that I keep for forums. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 10:34 PM, tchat07 said:
  • I've been playing 20 years or so.  Playing more the past few years though. 😃. I'm currently a 10 hcp

• I love the challenge golf brings (esp tournament play), enjoy the walking and being outside and hanging out with friends

• I like the unbiased reviews of mygolfspy, not sure if I know any other members, but probably do

• I'm from Newport News, VA.  I play in the local Golfweek Amateur Tour and love the competition. My home course is probably Deer Run

• For a living I write software for the government.  Always keeps me busy and no shortage of work. 

Bob Nipp

Tidewater Amateur Tour Member

• 2 weeks later...

One of my goals for the year is to play with folks that I have not before, I have a habit of just going off on my own. Would it be to early to start planning a meet? I'm not available till summer but would like to get the convo started.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Anyone want to okay Jeffersonville on Saturday? Have a threesome and would welcome a fourth. Have two 8 handicaps and a 19 handicap playing. Send me a DM if yes. Around 230pm. 

:titleist-small: TS3 9° Driver with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5

:titelist-small: TSi3 15° Fairway with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5

:srixon-small: ZX 2 iron

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54°, 60° Full Face

:taylormade-small: Spider SR Single Bend

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:ping-small: Hoofer

:918457628_PrecisionPro:R1 Rangefinder

On 1/17/2021 at 3:01 PM, Curtis Atkinson said:

That’s awesome. I’ve got a couple buddies who live over that way. I’ve seen a couple courses pop up on Golfnow I’ll probably get over to play at some point. I saw you use the grint as well. Any quick reviews on that?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

On 1/17/2021 at 5:01 PM, CCRyder said:

For sure come on over ! As far as using the grint I really like it it's the most intuitive of those type of apps that I've used and they also can provide you a real handicap if that matters. Again I just think it's the most intuitive on course. I like that you can move the GPS around to see your front middle and back numbers. I just put my phone on do not disturb so I don't get hit up for tons of text messages or phone calls and I just use my phone as a rangefinder.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Just a tease for my Mid Atlantic Peeps....For those that use The Grint or are thinking about it, we have some fun news coming up regarding it.   Can't say right now, but soon, very soon, you'll here more!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Just a tease for my Mid Atlantic Peeps....For those that use The Grint or are thinking about it, we have some fun news coming up regarding it.   Can't say right now, but soon, very soon, you'll here more!

Hmmm I haven't used my Grint in a while now. Maybe I should pick that up again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

40 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

As someone who loves tech and uses The Grint, this is a great tease. 

Driver: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi2 9.0* w/ Tensei blue stiff shaft // 3 Wood: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi3 15* Tensei white stiff shaft

Hybrid: default_taylormade-small.jpg.e85cafcb95032f919dfafeb5fd18ac1e.jpg GAPR Hi 3h

Irons: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg T300 4-PW + 48* & 53*w/ KBS tour stiff

Wedge: default_cleveland-small.jpg.5931429dde47ec5093bb94bc9d38f8b5.jpg CBX2 58*10

Putter: KS1

Ball: Srixon Z-star // Bag: default_ping-small.jpg.2da16be6ff3360b3177f4439c6c6288b.jpg DLX

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I’m on the grint! Anything I need to do to join up to a group or anything of spies? 

Hi Everyone, I'm from Central PA and a hardcore hobby player. I play every Sunday with my dad and also compete in individual and two-man team tournaments. I'm getting to the age where my game can go either way and I wanted to join to be involved in discussion to keep me at it.

I've been playing golf for almost 20 years now. I played in high school and then played for the local college team. We had a good run during the four years there and I had a couple of medalist showings and championships top 10's. I'm currently around a 2 and I want to improve on that. Like I said above, I'll be 35 this year and I know I'm not the young buck I was in college but I am smarter and I want to take advantage of that.

I love being outdoors and the challenge of golf. I love enjoying every Sunday with my dad.

I'm here to look for tips and advice. I work 5 minutes from my course and use my lunch break to practice putting and at the driving range. I really want to focus hard this year with practice and commit to strategies.

My home course is Clinton Country Club. I've been fortunate to be the club champion a few times. If you are ever in the Lock Haven area, I highly suggest making the trip to Clinton Country Club. It's a small gem for sure and a players course. The owner recently removed a lot of trees over this winter making it a fair environment for the higher handicappers which is great to bring play to the course. 

The best is the competition and the location of my home course in relation to me. The worst is the weather. We opened up this week and then had a dusting of snow just this morning!

I am the Public Works Director for the local municipality here. I oversee all Public Works operations.

I have always used TheMoment handle and will just add a suffix to the end in what I am signing up for. 

On 3/9/2021 at 12:30 PM, Snakster said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I guess technically I’ve been playing for close to 40 years (I’m 54), but I don’t think I’ve ever played more than a handful of times in any given year and I’ve gone long stretches of years where I haven’t played at all.  Played 2.5 times last year.  Typical score would be mid 90s to low 100s depending on difficulty of course.

2. What do you love about golf?

I like getting outside in a nice setting.  I also like hitting something very hard and watching it go a long way.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I discovered this site a couple years ago when I decided I wanted to try to golf more again. I suppose it’s possible that I know people here. But I’m not aware of it  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I moved to Kennett Square back in September and this is a new area for me.  Grew up in Norristown, but the last 20+ years we lived in Lansdale area.  I don’t have a home course, but I am exploring joining a club around here. I’m hoping that will get me out more, and also find some people I can play with regularly; which I really haven’t had and has been an impediment to me golfing more than I have.  I’ll be touring Hartefeld this weekend  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Difficult for me to say since I’m new to my area, and I simply haven’t golfed much in general to form those opinions about the region.  But from a big picture point of view, I guess the same answer to both. Trees. 

6. What do you do for a living?

I work in Regulatory Affairs in the pharmaceutical industry.  Change in companies (I now work in Wilmington) was the cause for my move to KS

7. How’d you pick your user name?

it’s an old college nickname that I keep for forums. 

Finally...another Delaware guy!  Welcome.  I'm down in the Dover area.  Lots of nice courses up where you are and down at the beach as well.  I work in the summer at a course in Dover called Maple Dale Country Club, maybe we can meet up one day!  

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

5 hours ago, ballplayer002003 said:

Finally...another Delaware guy!  Welcome.  I'm down in the Dover area.  Lots of nice courses up where you are and down at the beach as well.  I work in the summer at a course in Dover called Maple Dale Country Club, maybe we can meet up one day!  

Close enough to Delaware 😀.

im sure we could figure something out.  I did end up joining Hartefeld National, really enjoying it so far. I’m actually going to be in Dover tomorrow afternoon at the speedway getting my vaccine. No time for anything else though. 

On 3/31/2021 at 11:10 AM, analyticandrew said:

I’m on the grint! Anything I need to do to join up to a group or anything of spies? 

Stay tuned. Some fun info to come soon. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

On 4/1/2021 at 3:56 PM, Snakster said:

Close enough to Delaware 😀.

im sure we could figure something out.  I did end up joining Hartefeld National, really enjoying it so far. I’m actually going to be in Dover tomorrow afternoon at the speedway getting my vaccine. No time for anything else though. 

I got my shots there as well.  They have a great set up there.  Real fast and efficient.  Soon the weather should finally break and you can get out to Hartefeld a bunch! 

18 hours ago, ballplayer002003 said:

I got my shots there as well.  They have a great set up there.  Real fast and efficient.  Soon the weather should finally break and you can get out to Hartefeld a bunch! 

Getting out already whenever the weather is half decent. Loving it. 

On 2/6/2021 at 8:56 AM, Patexan said:

On 12/9/2020 at 8:02 PM, BNewton51 said:

Greetings everyone!

Not sure I had ever filled in the new member forum, but thought I'd revisit now.  Loved my interactions with everyone thus far in the forums so..

Anywho... answers to the questions

I'm Bob from PA.  

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Picked up the game around 21 and have been playing for the past 26 years.  Currently playing to a 4, but that like all of us goes up and down depending on my practice and round counts.  Typically shooting mid 70's with a low round of 68.  

2. What do you love about golf?  I grew up in athletics and did pretty well for myself in the game of football.  As an All Star Nose Tackle and OL went on to play in college.  Unfortunately, that was cut short my first year due to a bad tear in my right shoulder.  Leaving the game, I still remained extremely competitive and wanted to find something I could continue to do to satisfy that need.  Golf was my grandfathers game, as well as my uncles so it was logical to venture on.  I'd say the complexity of getting better, learning the fundamentals and the fact that one never does perfect the game have been my fundamental draw.  Add in trying to constantly do better than the last round and or beating an opponent; I was hopelessly hooked on the game from the start!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've talked to a few so far and thoroughly enjoy being on a site and in forums with likeminded individuals that share my passion and enthusiasm for the game and gear!  That was probably what hooked me most.  You can read the so called experts and watch a million YouTubers (I do that as well sadly) but to talk to normal guys and gals that share your same passion is far more meaningful.  I also love to post and write up thoughts on gear and the game. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Originally I'm from Central Pa.  The Harrisburg region to be specific.  I've never really left the area because of family and work.  Truly enjoy the area and it's been wonderful to raise my children here.  Home course wise, I have three that I play with regularity.  First is Sunset Golf Course.  No, it's not Augusta... but for those whom have lived near and grew up on the River all their lives it's got the best views around.  It's also where I learned to play the game.  The second would be Dauphin Highlands.  Great track but the conditions are questionable most days.  The other course, probably my favorite, is Royal Manchester. What an amazing track.  Links style with fescue that would make you curse like a sailor and limp out after attempting to flail one out. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best would be the multitude of courses available to play within a very short drive.  There are just so many courses to play and all within 30-40 minutes, or less, from each other.  Worst, it's obvious... I'm from Pa.  It's the cold winters. They're definitely a bit brutal. 

6. What do you do for a living?  I work for the Commonwealth of Pa.  

7. How’d you pick your user name?  My name and my football number.  

That's all for now. Look forward to continue to chat with all of you!  It's been an absolute pleasure thus far. 

Thanks!

Bob

On 2/10/2021 at 9:55 PM, Hitides04 said:

My name is Ray Shelley, been playing golf since I was young, grandfather was an avid golfer who shot his age multiple times.  I started getting serious about my game 3 years ago after finally giving up softball (really wish it had been a few decades earlier!).  Handicap was around 20, worked my ass off and am now in the single digits.  There is rarely day, thank you indoor simulators, when I don't pick up my clubs and get some kind of work in.  I guess there are worse addictions; but, my wife is not convinced right now.  I reside in Lancaster County, PA and as soon as it gets above 38 no wind/45 wind, I'll be out every day working to get better.  Always looking for some new blood to play with.   I play so much, I need a revolving group of guys (or gals) to play.  And yes, I will go out anytime alone early and get to my home office and get some work in before getting out again later in the day.  Come on daylight savings time!  If you are in the Southern, middle, SE of PA, MD, DE or Jersey, I'd love to play your course. This will be the first year as a club member since my long past father was a member of Lebanon CC.  I play so much and like to play quick, their 2021 new member deal was too good to pass up.  Lebanon is a Club Corp affiliate and being new to this CC thing, not exactly sure how it works.  But, it looks like I have access to some incredible courses.  Hope to see you out on the beautiful green grass that is tragically snow covered as I type.

Hey fellas,

Welcome to MGS! With it getting warmer out, if you ever want to get out for a round let me know! I live in Etters/York. Home course is Valley Green, but I try to branch out and get out to other places. Lots of nice courses between York/Harrisburg/Hershey area.

Bob i'm closest to you. Used to work in Mechanicsburg off the Pike and now work in Camp Hill. 

PAtexan I'm not too far from you either. Lots of nice courses in-between.

Ray....Lancaster is an easy trip 🙂 

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Are there any GRINT members in here from the Philly area that would be interested in playing in this tournament in a couple weeks? https://www.phillypublinks.com/tcapp

Not sure if I'm doing this right, but here I am.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Got my first set of clubs and played my first round in 2002, didn't really start playing with any frequency until around 2010. I was in the 11's the last couple years, a bit lower now but still double digits.

2. What do you love about golf? Being outside, having something vaguely athletic I can beat people younger, bigger, and stronger than me at, and having a way to get groups of friends large and small to actually make plans to hang out or take trips together which they'll actually follow through on.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Whenever I looked for reviews worth reading of equipment, I would always find my way here. To the best of my knowledge I don't know any other Spies, but hey, maybe some of my friends or golf acquaintances "do it but never talk about it."

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Pittsburgh, born and raised. Not a club member, don't play in a league, and actually try to play a variety of places, but my favorite course we get to play around here is Shepherd's Rock at Nemacolin Woodlands; the one I get on the most is probably Birdsfoot in Freeport. Never played Oakmont, feel free to razz me about it.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Every golfer I know who visits or has moved here from another major city is blown away by the quantity and quality of affordable, accessible courses. When Pittsburgh weather is nice it's *really* nice, but we do get a lot of rainy days, plenty of thunderstorms, and winter weather has been known to show up early or stay late.

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a government publicist.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's what a plurality of people have called me since high school.

Edited by k_man
punctuation
  • :nike-small:Vapor Fly Pro 1W
  • :callaway-small:Mavrik Sub Zero 3W/5W
  • :callaway-small:Rogue Pro 3-PW
  • :ping-small:Anser Forged 52/58
  • Carbite Brass Balls Putter c.2001
  • :titelist-small:ProV1x
  • :callaway-small:HyperLite 5 Stand Bag

On 4/10/2021 at 1:26 PM, analyticandrew said:

Are there any GRINT members in here from the Philly area that would be interested in playing in this tournament in a couple weeks? https://www.phillypublinks.com/tcapp

I would have come up, but the wife will be out of town and I'll have the kids.  Too bad!

• 2 weeks later...

Any DC/VA/MD MGS'ers playing this weekend?? If so, hmu... I want to get out to play since I'll be home this weekend

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot