Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

On 12/9/2020 at 8:02 PM, BNewton51 said:

Greetings everyone!

Not sure I had ever filled in the new member forum, but thought I'd revisit now.  Loved my interactions with everyone thus far in the forums so..

Anywho... answers to the questions

I'm Bob from PA.  

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Picked up the game around 21 and have been playing for the past 26 years.  Currently playing to a 4, but that like all of us goes up and down depending on my practice and round counts.  Typically shooting mid 70's with a low round of 68.  

2. What do you love about golf?  I grew up in athletics and did pretty well for myself in the game of football.  As an All Star Nose Tackle and OL went on to play in college.  Unfortunately, that was cut short my first year due to a bad tear in my right shoulder.  Leaving the game, I still remained extremely competitive and wanted to find something I could continue to do to satisfy that need.  Golf was my grandfathers game, as well as my uncles so it was logical to venture on.  I'd say the complexity of getting better, learning the fundamentals and the fact that one never does perfect the game have been my fundamental draw.  Add in trying to constantly do better than the last round and or beating an opponent; I was hopelessly hooked on the game from the start!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've talked to a few so far and thoroughly enjoy being on a site and in forums with likeminded individuals that share my passion and enthusiasm for the game and gear!  That was probably what hooked me most.  You can read the so called experts and watch a million YouTubers (I do that as well sadly) but to talk to normal guys and gals that share your same passion is far more meaningful.  I also love to post and write up thoughts on gear and the game. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Originally I'm from Central Pa.  The Harrisburg region to be specific.  I've never really left the area because of family and work.  Truly enjoy the area and it's been wonderful to raise my children here.  Home course wise, I have three that I play with regularity.  First is Sunset Golf Course.  No, it's not Augusta... but for those whom have lived near and grew up on the River all their lives it's got the best views around.  It's also where I learned to play the game.  The second would be Dauphin Highlands.  Great track but the conditions are questionable most days.  The other course, probably my favorite, is Royal Manchester. What an amazing track.  Links style with fescue that would make you curse like a sailor and limp out after attempting to flail one out. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best would be the multitude of courses available to play within a very short drive.  There are just so many courses to play and all within 30-40 minutes, or less, from each other.  Worst, it's obvious... I'm from Pa.  It's the cold winters. They're definitely a bit brutal. 

6. What do you do for a living?  I work for the Commonwealth of Pa.  

7. How’d you pick your user name?  My name and my football number.  

That's all for now. Look forward to continue to chat with all of you!  It's been an absolute pleasure thus far. 

Thanks!

Bob

Bob, I live in Mount Joy, PA and love playing all three courses you mentioned.  I live on Highlands of Donegal in Mount Joy, and I also work for the Commonwealth!  Would love to meet up for a round sometime, especially at Royal Manchester...love that track.

Cobra Speedzone 9.0*, Graphite Design Tour AD-MT 6x shaft

Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour 14.5* 3 wood, Graphite Design Tour AD-GT 7x shaft

Titleist TS2 19* hybrid, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95x Hybrid shaft

Mizuno MP20 HMB 3 iron, KBS $-Taper 120 shaft

Srixon Z565 4 iron, Srizon Z765 5 iron - PW,KBS C-Taper 120 shaft

Callaway MD5 Jaws 50*/10 S grind

Callaway Jaws Full Toe 56*

Scotty Cameron Futura 5w

Srixon Z-Star XV balls

On 2/7/2022 at 10:29 AM, jellomo said:
  1. I played for about 6+ years (2nd grade to a bit in high school), then I didn't play at all for about 10 years and actually 2021 summer was my first season back. My average score is about 93

2. I love how I can just have a nice time out with my friends on a nice sunny day

3. I have seen a couple of posts from MyGolfSpy and it was interesting so decided to join the community

4. I am from Seoul, South Korea, but my home I would say is Legacy Golf Club in Ottawa Lake, MI, I spent 5 years of my youth in Toledo.

5. Best thing about golf in Virginia is that there are so many fun course but the worst is the rain

6. I am a graduate student currently, but I will be working as a consultant in Chicago, IL upon graduation 

7. My nickname is my username

Welcome here 😉

Did anyone get out this past weekend?  I was made to suffer thru a Mrs. Nut's honey do list on such a beautiful day.  "Hey let's paint this room today."  Uhhhh ... "are you kidding me?  You couldn't have asked to do this when it's pouring rain all day?"  

My game is going to be non-existent the next time I hit the links.  It's been over a month & a half since I've hit the ball.  I haven't even been able to putt with the new flat stick on a real green.  Making 8 footers on a the Perfect Practice mat is getting boring! 😂

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

4 minutes ago, golfinnut said:

Did anyone get out this past weekend?  I was made to suffer thru a Mrs. Nut's honey do list on such a beautiful day.  "Hey let's paint this room today."  Uhhhh ... "are you kidding me?  You couldn't have asked to do this when it's pouring rain all day?"  

My game is going to be non-existent the next time I hit the links.  It's been over a month & a half since I've hit the ball.  I haven't even been able to putt with the new flat stick on a real green.  Making 8 footers on a the Perfect Practice mat is getting boring! 😂

Sunday is my golf day and for the past month Sunday has been the ugly weather day.  It was 42 and sunny this past weekend so I did get out for a round.  Wish these 70* days would shift from working days to Sundays 😁

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all!

Brock Davison here from NYC.  Born and raised SoCal but moved out East 12 years ago for work.  

How long have you been playing golf?  
Caught the bug at the early age of 9 but really started focusing on my game about 7-8 years ago (38).  Currently sit with a 8.1 handicap.  

What do you love about golf? I mean, just pretty much everything about it.  Allows me to keep my sanity from the everyday. Very rare to find something you enjoy doing in life so often and for as long all while growing more in love with it as time goes by.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Been on this blog for a couple years now just don’t think I ever introduced myself. Hands down one of if not thee best blogs out there as the dedication you guys put into making the best content out there, is second to none   

Where are you from? What is your home course? Live in NYC with my home track being Ferry Point but grew up in SoCal where I was a member at PGA West for the majority of my young adult life.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Love the selection and variety of courses all within an hours drive.  Wish there were more golf leagues and club memberships tailored towards young adults.  Everything is either public or super private. 

What do you do for a living? Sell digital audio advertising for the company who’s logo is represented by a little green dot. 

How’d you pick your user name? First middle last 

Look forward to sharing my personal knowledge and opinions while soaking up your expertise as well. 

Brock C Davison 

Things To Know :

• I hit my 7-iron like John Daly hits the 3
  • Brands I Stand By: Peter Millar, Taylormade, PING, Seamus, and of course Titleist 
  • Favorite Golfer Of All Time: Payne Stewart & Freddy "Boom Boom

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys, I finally have some details worked out on an outing this summer.   Go to this thread for all the details, it's posted as an annoucment for the whole site to see, but it is in our home of the Mid Atlantic!  

Please make all discussion about it in that thread, for everyone to see.  Tks

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

6 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Hey Guys, I finally have some details worked out on an outing this summer.   Go to this thread for all the details, it's posted as an annoucment for the whole site to see, but it is in our home of the Mid Atlantic!  

Please make all discussion about it in that thread, for everyone to see.  Tks

Finally!  LOL 😉  Way to go @Golfspy_CG2

BTW ... anyone who wants to play tomorrow.  I'm playing The Links at Challedon in Mt. Airy, MD tomorrow at 10:10 👍

Attention DMV MGS'ers ... for those of you who have a bit of extra golf cash lying around or have no budget when it comes to golf equipment.  

P.X.G. Store has opened in Fairfax, VA 🤑   "Nobody builds more expensive clubs in the business than we do.  Period!"  

https://www.pxg.com/en-us/locations/fairfax

I'd really like to hit these to see what all the HubBub is all about.  

image.png.3fb8d5bcbe7cb856a3a94b089ed606bc.png

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2019 at 5:20 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Mid-Atlantic Region

New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

1. I played my first 18 holes just over 3 years ago and only played a few times before really getting into it last summer. I usually score in the 90s but sometimes over 100. My goal this year is to break 90 at 3 different courses.
  2. I think I love the endless progress of it. There's always improvement and work and you can hit some amazing feeling shots on the way.
  3. It's been a really great resource learning about equipment!
  4. I'm from the Philly area, and my home course will be Five Ponds this summer.
  5. The best I'd say is the variety of courses, though I don't know because I've never played anywhere outside of PA and NJ. The worst is definitely the cold months.
  6. I work at an advertising agency doing data analytics.
  7. It's basically just my email address haha

Driver:   :cobra-small: RadSpeed 9°
Fairway: :ping-small: G410 14.5°
Irons:     :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged
Wedges: :vokey-small: SM7 50°/54°/58°
Putter:    :ping-small: Redwood Anser

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2022 at 10:29 PM, jellomo said:
  1. I played for about 6+ years (2nd grade to a bit in high school), then I didn't play at all for about 10 years and actually 2021 summer was my first season back. My average score is about 93

2. I love how I can just have a nice time out with my friends on a nice sunny day

3. I have seen a couple of posts from MyGolfSpy and it was interesting so decided to join the community

4. I am from Seoul, South Korea, but my home I would say is Legacy Golf Club in Ottawa Lake, MI, I spent 5 years of my youth in Toledo.

5. Best thing about golf in Virginia is that there are so many fun course but the worst is the rain

6. I am a graduate student currently, but I will be working as a consultant in Chicago, IL upon graduation 

As always, good to see another Virginian join!

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi… I’m from Harrisburg, PA.  I started playing the summer of 2020 (one of the good things to come from the pandemic) and have been addicted ever since.  My husband is a coach at heart and has been teaching me as we go.  I played last year pretty much every weekend as weather permited April through October and often two or three times a month in addition to that.  This year hasn’t been as open and I’ve obit played a few times.

My handicap is 33.  I’m still using my beginner golf clubs and would love some advice on how to score a decent pair of Womens clubs without breaking the bank.  I’ve been using my husbands Callaway driver but he’s getting a little bored with handing it to me after he’s finished his shot. 😁.

I found Golfspy when I was looking for reviews on golf balls and saw the forums and decided to join.

I’ve done administrative work in the past but currently he’ll care for my brother.  He has Down’s syndrome and now dementia and Parkinson’s.  He went into the hospital last Fall with Covid and had a stroke.  Poor guy has been through a lot.  He’s the joy of my life and I help my parents care for him.

There a several courses in the area that I really like.  Deer Valley, Sunset, Carlisle Barricks and Manada round out my top five but Lebanon Valley is number one.

I haven’t set my user name yet but if I can I’ll use it because it’s my husbands nickname for me.

I’m hoping to get some info on local courses, where to find good deals and how to improve my game.

Tijoli

Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster.  I'm not new to golf, but if you watch me play you might think so! 😅

I live in Virginia and enjoy playing as much as I can, and am looking forward to my kids getting old enough to take them along on my golf adventures! Here's some basics about me, for anyone interested:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? - My dad got me some garage sale clubs and started letting me tag along with him as a teen, probably 25 years or so ago.  I'm not very good and don't have an official handicap, but I score a lot of 8's, and am excited to get a bogey.  I've birdied a couple of par 3's and a par 4 before though, which may not sound like much but for me it was exciting!

2. What do you love about golf? - Being outside and in nature, the challenge, hitting a good shot after a terrible one.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? - When searching for reviews for a range finder I've been saving up for.  I've been lurking for a while and never made an account or posted until now though.  I don't know if I know any other spies or not, but not that I know of.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? - I'm currently living in Virginia, and don't really have a "home" course, I play whatever / wherever I can at the time.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - When the weather is nice, it's REALLY nice, but when it's humid, it's awful!  So I guess weather is both the best and worst thing about golf around here hahaha

6. What do you do for a living? - Firefighter / Paramedic

7. How’d you pick your user name? - Old gamertag from years ago, based on nicknames an old boss gave me and a coworker.

Happy to be here, sorry this is so long!  Hope you have a great day and a good round of golf next time you play!

Giga Golf TRX irons 5-P, hybrids 3&4 , and fairway woods 3&5

TaylorMade SLDR driver

Odyssey Putter

50 minutes ago, Bad Hobbit said:

Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster.  I'm not new to golf, but if you watch me play you might think so! 😅

I live in Virginia and enjoy playing as much as I can, and am looking forward to my kids getting old enough to take them along on my golf adventures! Here's some basics about me, for anyone interested:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? - My dad got me some garage sale clubs and started letting me tag along with him as a teen, probably 25 years or so ago.  I'm not very good and don't have an official handicap, but I score a lot of 8's, and am excited to get a bogey.  I've birdied a couple of par 3's and a par 4 before though, which may not sound like much but for me it was exciting!

2. What do you love about golf? - Being outside and in nature, the challenge, hitting a good shot after a terrible one.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? - When searching for reviews for a range finder I've been saving up for.  I've been lurking for a while and never made an account or posted until now though.  I don't know if I know any other spies or not, but not that I know of.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? - I'm currently living in Virginia, and don't really have a "home" course, I play whatever / wherever I can at the time.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - When the weather is nice, it's REALLY nice, but when it's humid, it's awful!  So I guess weather is both the best and worst thing about golf around here hahaha

6. What do you do for a living? - Firefighter / Paramedic

7. How’d you pick your user name? - Old gamertag from years ago, based on nicknames an old boss gave me and a coworker.

Happy to be here, sorry this is so long!  Hope you have a great day and a good round of golf next time you play!

Welcome. And thank you for what you to do keep us safe.    

What part of  VA?  NOVA, SW, Central?

On 2/6/2022 at 10:29 PM, jellomo said:

Welcome to the group! Always happy to see another Virginian here!

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I see you conveniently left out SE; the place where MGS is headquartered!.  🤪

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

26 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I see you conveniently left out SE; the place where MGS is headquartered!.  🤪

I consider that and  Richmond the Central “area” 

Edited by Golfspy_CG2

2 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I consider that and  Richmond the Central “area” 

We are not central,  we are South East.  🙂

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Their both south of me. So that makes them both “central” to me 😂

7 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Welcome. And thank you for what you to do keep us safe.    

Of course!  I promise it's nothing like TV or movies, hahaha.  It's a good job though, and I enjoy helping others.

I used to be in NOVA but have steadily been moving further and further south as my need for a larger home has changed due to my growing family.  I'm about 1:15 from DC (with no / light traffic), and 45mins north of Richmond.  Just moved down here about a year ago, and love it so far!

TaylorMade SLDR driver

Odyssey Putter

5 hours ago, cnosil said:

Definitely SE hahaha!  My parents used to live in Newport News, and I used to visit them down there pretty often.

Ever play the "Hamptons" golf course, or do you tend to stick to nicer/private club type of courses?  The Hamptons one isn't in great condition I didn't think, but it was priced well and still good enough for me to enjoy at my skill level.  I struggle with consistently hitting straight and judging distances, so condition of the course isn't really going to affect my game too much one way or another at my level hahaha.

Where do you usually play?

TaylorMade SLDR driver

Odyssey Putter

2 minutes ago, Bad Hobbit said:

Definitely SE hahaha!  My parents used to live in Newport News, and I used to visit them down there pretty often.

Ever play the "Hamptons" golf course, or do you tend to stick to nicer/private club type of courses?  The Hamptons one isn't in great condition I didn't think, but it was priced well and still good enough for me to enjoy at my skill level.  I struggle with consistently hitting straight and judging distances, so condition of the course isn't really going to affect my game too much one way or another at my level hahaha.

Where do you usually play?

Ive played the hamptons quite a few times and  it is one the places I go practice putting and pitching.    

For personal rounds I usually play Royal New Kent, Vinaterra, Kiskiack, and Golden Horseshoe Green course.  We play other  places occasionally.   My golf league plays the woodlands, sleepy hole, cypress creek, and riverfront.    Generally I am willing to play most anywhere.  

On 2/11/2019 at 5:20 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Mid-Atlantic Region

New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

1. I started playing golf when I was probably 7 or 8 years old, maybe younger.   Both of my Grandfathers and my Dad played all the time and started me very young.  My grandfather recently passed away and when I was helping clean up his garage I found the old pitching wedge that he had cut down so I could learn the game as a kid.  

2. I just love the outdoors and the peace and quite of the game.  I love the challenge of the game and the fact that you never can perfect it.  When I play I love to bomb drives and take risks, I have never been very good at playing smart and that is why my scores have probably never been as good as my potential is.

3. I found MGS while looking for reviews on clubs years back.  I have lurked around ever since.

4.  I am from South Jersey. (yes we divide the state up internally and everyone disowns the middle)  I don't have a home course, but I was fortunate enough to grow up play Tavistock CC as a Caddy and my home course in High School.  My Grandfather and Great Grandfather were members there for years.   Now I just like to play and can appreciate any course.

5  Best thing about golf in my region is the number of courses.  The worst thing about golf in my region is cost and the lack of 9 hole options.  With a young daughter at home I can't always swing 18 holes.  I wish more courses had an affordable 9 hole option. 

6.  I have been fortunate to be a full time firefighter for the last 25 years, 22 with my current department.  I love what I do and am looking forward to retirement so I can spend more time with my family and play more golf.

7.  My username is one I have had for years.  A combination of my FD and my badge number. 

WITB:

Driver: Nike Sasquatch 460 9* w/ ProForce V2 72gr stiff tipped 3/4"

Fairway: Calloway 2017 Steelhead XR Strong 4 wood

Irons: Wilson Staff Ci chrome 4-GW stiff

Wedges: Kirkland Signature 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter: Wilson Staff Balance Fit Kirk Currie III

• 1 month later...

1. Love getting together with family and friends for some healthy competition while enjoying some good beer.

2. Always looking for the latest and greatest golf equipment. My cousin got me into MGS and I love the unbiased reviews. Have already bought some equipment based on a couple of posts and have not been disappointed. 

3. Currently living in Lancaster, PA. Don't really have a home course. Been enjoying playing public courses in the area and around Philly/South NJ. If you're ever in this area, recommend checking out Iron Valley in Lebanon, PA. 

4. Best thing about golf in my area are the variety of courses, even have a few links courses nearby and they're all reasonably priced. Worst thing about being in my area is that my regular crew all live 1-2 hours away. 

5. I'm a healthcare worker. 

6. Combination of nicknames from college friends 

Honma XP-1s, Rad Speed, and my trusty Scotty Cameron Triple Black

Hello all... Been a MyGolfSpy Youtube mark for awhile and found the forum pages somehow.

1. How long have you been playing golf? I've been playing since high school, but spent my college years and 20's with my starter clubs in the storage shed at my parents house. Playing with a passion since the mid-90's.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? HCP 12.3 (trying to get that down in the single digits.

3. What do you love about golf? It's like shooting baskets. You can play and practice by yourself, but it is best when you show out with a group.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? YouTube & Email subscriber

5. Do you already know any other Spies? Not sure if I know any other spies, but I hyp MGS up to all my friends.

6. Where are you from?  Grew up Metro DC (AKA: DMV), now live in Richmond, VA area.

7. What is your home course? Historic Belmont Golf Course. It has recently been changed from the original design which held a US Open in the early 1900s

8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Worst is the weather. Rarely can play yer round comfortably. Have to play before 10A in July-August otherwise you have a chance to stroke out.

9. What do you do for a living? Retired Law Enforcement, Current Compliance Officer

10. How’d you pick your user name? Homage to my Daughter Camryn, born in 99.

Be Better Than Yesterday!!!

2 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Welcome into the Forums!  Hope your friends seem to listen better to your MGS stories than mine seem to do lol

Welcome! I am always glad to see another Virginian joining the forum.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lefty Larry said:

I posted here years ago as Wahoo

Larry.  Great to see you back.  

Hey @MDGolfHacker look who the cat drug in 😬