Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
GolfSpy MPR

Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

MGS New Member Introduction: Mid-Atlantic Region

New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Mid-Atlantic Region

New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

I think this could lead to regional MGS get-togethers!  Happy to play along.

1. Since about age 12 when my mom bought me a set of Tommy Armour Silver Scott's at a local Goodwill to keep me occupied and out of trouble.  I played in and around the farms surrounding my house every day.  I didn't play my first actual golf course until I was 19.  I haven't kept a score or handicap in a number of years.  That's just not what I want from the game these days.
  2. Golf is cathartic!  It's my therapy from a career that has become nothing short of a bureaucratic nightmare.  I deal with local and state government officials that often have no clue what is required by local, state and federal law in terms of design standards.  They come to us wanting to build a new school or provide utilities for a proposed new big box store.  When we give them a breakdown of what would be required by law, they lose their minds.  Imagine adding a new school or big box retailer to your neighborhood water and sewer system!  The result would likely be catastrophic!  But most people don't think about those things when new construction is proposed.  They see the revenue a new big box retailer would bring to the area but rarely have any idea of the infrastructure needed to support it.
  3. Content on other message boards is driven by sponsorship dollars.  They lack integrity as a result! 
  4. Galax, Virginia - Blue Ridge Country Club
  5. The best would be abundance of quality golf at affordable rates.  The worst would be many of those same facilities wanting to be "exclusive" or offer more amenities than they should.  It has led to the demise of some really great golf courses. 
  6. Civil Engineering Design
  7. Childhood nickname
  • Like 2