Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Our Sponsors

23 hours ago, JimNantzsToast said:

I'm from Frederick, went to TJ. I used to play Glade Valley a lot, only played Clustered a few times, would love to get back out there. Welcome to the forum!

22 hours ago, tchat07 said:

Alright now all we need is one more Frederick spy and we have ourselves a 4 some haha

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Awesome! I went to Gaithersburg high in moco. I've never played Glade Valley, how is it?

• Like 1
  • Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What’s up guys. With my brain and game on quarantine it felt like a good enough to officially start posting.    im based in Brooklyn, play mostly public golf in the New York area but got a car

Hi,   I've been playing golf for about 15 years now. It happened by accident as I never thought I would be this addicted to the game. Not to mention waste a Saturday and Sunday afternoon watching

How long have you been playing golf? A; Since I watched Tiger dominate the field at the 97 Masters! What’s your handicap or normal score? A: according to the new GHIN it is 4.8 index, after this

Posted Images

On 5/19/2020 at 10:37 PM, jturner7499 said:

I used to work a Cazenovia Park Golf Course for 5 years during college, I’m sure we’ve crossed paths before. Good to see more Buffalo guys on here.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I have my first ever season pass this year at Cazenovia Park Golf Course, been playing there a few times a year for the past few years.  Also South Park Golf Course when the Leagues are taking the tee times that fit my schedule, afternoons weekdays after work.

• Like 2

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 this summer) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Langert Foiler Driver 8.75*, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, Worx 55* hybrid wedge, Lovett 59* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   |> Ball: Nitro Crossfire   |> App: SwingU/Looper 

CoverLogoS-H c sm.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️              EPLogo sm.jpg

Awesome! I went to Gaithersburg high in moco. I've never played Glade Valley, how is it?
I would say Glade is an upgrade over Maple and a downgrade from Clustered. Granted I havent been to any of these courses this year.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Second round for this course, this time following the introductory piece for this forum and the suggested format.  Reading my fellow Spies posts I think there is great value in this introduction exercise 🙂👍

1. How long have you been playing golf? Started playing golf in April 2011. What’s your handicap or normal score? SwingU says it is 31 and I would have to agree. 

2. What do you love about golf? Everything; the equipment (which is about the only thing I can control easily), the courses from design to aesthetics and beauty of the place, the game for its challenge and exercise, and the people who regardless of background come with a zeal for golfing and community of like minded people.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? The articles I came across when researching the equipment I had and what I was interested in finding, specifically the review of push carts that helped me choose the one I intend to be a one-time purchase. Do you already know any other Spies? Don't know anyone yet but always open to best of friends I have not met yet!

4. Where are you from? West Seneca, NY which is southeast of Buffalo. What is your home course? Cazenovia Golf Course of the Olmstead Parks Conservatory.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Excellent variety of courses in design, topography, and type of club are the best part.  Weather and climate, especially climate making a golf off season from November to April are the worst part.

6. What do you do for a living? Finance office staff, Buffalo Regional Office, VBA.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Putting was my first love of golf, the putter my first owned club, and a healthy application of reverse psychology.  If you believe you can do something then everything is possible.  ⛳.                    🏌️‍♂️

Edited by EasyPutter
grammar
  • Like 2

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 this summer) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Langert Foiler Driver 8.75*, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, Worx 55* hybrid wedge, Lovett 59* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   |> Ball: Nitro Crossfire   |> App: SwingU/Looper 

CoverLogoS-H c sm.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️              EPLogo sm.jpg

On 6/4/2020 at 6:30 PM, tchat07 said:

I would say Glade is an upgrade over Maple and a downgrade from Clustered. Granted I havent been to any of these courses this year.

I always forget about Glade. I'll have to give a try this year. I played clustered right before the courses closed down and it was in pretty good shape, I recall the greens having some speed to them. 

• Like 1
On 6/4/2020 at 5:52 PM, Rylongshot89 said:

On 6/4/2020 at 6:30 PM, tchat07 said:

I haven't played Glade in.... 5-7 years? The last time I played there they either just got new owners or were about to change ownership, some buddies told me that the course has gotten nicer in that time. I always thought it was the best deal in the area in terms of quality/price.

From what I remember, it was a step down in quality from Clustered, but it's been a while since I've been in the area

• Like 1

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

:callaway-small: Rogue 3W

:cobra-small: King F7 5W

Sub70 939 3H

Lynx Black Cat //:cobra-small: King F8 5i-GW 

:ping-small: Tour-S 54*/12*

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

Tommy Armour 303 Milled Habanero 

I haven't played Glade in.... 5-7 years? The last time I played there they either just got new owners or were about to change ownership, some buddies told me that the course has gotten nicer in that time. I always thought it was the best deal in the area in terms of quality/price.
From what I remember, it was a step down in quality from Clustered, but it's been a while since I've been in the area
Last time I went to Glade was a crazy nice day in February like 2 or 3 years ago. The course was so backed up I played a loop of 1 and 2 a total of 4 times. Most insane thing I had ever seen. Guy drove past me on 2 and said he was done, it had taken him 2 hours and he had only gotten 5 holes. Makes it hard to go back after that interaction.

• Like 1

Hey All,  Just here to say hi.  Working on my game and here are some quick facts.

•  

• How long have you been playing golf?  Started when I was 14, played in high school then causally since.

• What’s your handicap or normal score? RIght now it's a 10.0, came down a bit this year.  Hope to be a 9 by end of this season

• What do you love about golf? Being outside, the challenge and the fact that I can compete as a middle aged out of shape person

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Great articles and awesome podcast

• Do you already know any other Spies? nope, hope to change it

• Where are you from? Chantilly Virginia

• What is your home course? South Riding Golf Club

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: lots of options and great courses.  Worst: Cost to play.  Weekend rounds under $100 at an ok course are tough.

• What do you do for a living? Meteorologist for IBM

• How’d you pick your user name? Same username I've had since I was a sophmore in High School for just about everything

• Like 1

Driver: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M3 Tensei Blue Stiff

3 Wood: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

3 Hybrid: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M6 UST Mamiya Proforce V2

4 Hybrid : image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg M4 Stock Stiff Shaft

Irons: image.jpeg.693c1038c87ba93f656427286d5ff6c6.jpeg P790 (5I-AW) - 2 deg strong - Nippon Modus3 105 Gram/Stiff 

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (54,59) - AMT Black/Stiff

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne Putter

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1

Tracked by: :Arccos:

IMG_0204.HEIC
Played the beautiful Baywood Greens in Millsboro, DE this morning. Perfect day with weather in low 80’s and little to no wind. Shot +10 82

• Like 2

Driver: Ping G400 

Woods: Ping G400, G30

Irons: Ping i200

Wedges: Titleist SM6 & SM7

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab One

Does anyone else in the area use Game Golf to track their rounds? Would love to connect with some of you through the app for anyone else that has it. Like this and reply with your username to connect. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G400 

Woods: Ping G400, G30

Irons: Ping i200

Wedges: Titleist SM6 & SM7

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab One

1. I have been playing golf since graduate school.  Never more than 10 rounds a year until I met my now wife, her father is a big golfer so I got more into it to join him on outings and to get to know him better.  Currently sitting at a 19 handicap, but this year I took a few lessons so I am hoping that goes down!

2. I love being outdoors.  I also enjoy that you can be doing something competitive within yourself, always trying to improve for the sake of improvement.

3. I have been a consumer of MGS content for awhile, and just decided to start reading and posting occasionally on the forums. 

4. I grew up in upstate NY, lived in the Buffalo area for awhile, and now live back in central NY (eastern side of Syracuse).  No home course, I play a few different ones near Syracuse.

5. The  variety of courses and cost is pretty good.  Snow obviously hinders playing for a large segment of the year.

6. I am an engineer, so the decision making and numbers part is what I like most about golf.

7. I grew up in NY, and when I was a kid, my favorite college football team was the Florida State Seminoles. 

• Like 1

Driver - TaylorMade M3, 9.5 deg, Stiff Tensei Blue 60

Fairways - Callaway Rogue, 3W and 5W, Stiff Project X EvenFlow 75

Hybrid - Cobra F7, 3-4H, Stiff Fujikura Pro 75H

Irons - Ping G, 5-UW, Stiff Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 105

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM6, 54M and 58M

Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M

Ball - Srixon Z-Star Yellow

11 hours ago, rreeves35 said:

Does anyone else in the area use Game Golf to track their rounds? Would love to connect with some of you through the app for anyone else that has it. Like this and reply with your username to connect. 

Thanks!

I used to use Game Golf for the last 2-3 years, unfortunately I think it lost it's luster with me and I stopped this year.  I don't think I need much more technology to tell me that I miss 80% of my drives to the right and hit too many irons/wedges fat. 🤣

• Like 1

Driver - TaylorMade M3, 9.5 deg, Stiff Tensei Blue 60

Fairways - Callaway Rogue, 3W and 5W, Stiff Project X EvenFlow 75

Hybrid - Cobra F7, 3-4H, Stiff Fujikura Pro 75H

Irons - Ping G, 5-UW, Stiff Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 105

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM6, 54M and 58M

Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M

Ball - Srixon Z-Star Yellow

On 5/29/2020 at 9:56 PM, PAgolfer2017 said:

Where in Central PA and what course do you live on?

I live in Mount Joy next to Highlands of Donegal.

download.png.70f309c82ad44a20c4a21dd4294734cf.png  Mizuno ST180 driver, Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6S shaft

download.png.70f309c82ad44a20c4a21dd4294734cf.png Mizuno ST190 3 wood, Graphite Design Tour AD GT-8S shaft

download.png.70f309c82ad44a20c4a21dd4294734cf.png  Mizuno MP18 SC 3i-PW, KBS Tour 120 stiff shafts

2138902261_download(1).png.0e0a650bda5b8e1a6fe2a4edb16a8902.png Titleist Vokey SM7 F grind 50*-08* wedge flex

2138902261_download(1).png.0e0a650bda5b8e1a6fe2a4edb16a8902.png Titleist Vokey SM7 S grind 54*-10* wedge flex

2138902261_download(1).png.0e0a650bda5b8e1a6fe2a4edb16a8902.png Titleist Vokey SM7 K grind 58*-14* wedge flex

logo-odyssey-large.png.894494de72a9c099d23487b6db206247.png Odyssey Stroke Lab Marxman

srixon.png.a2032b0f711ea5613d687757a5449e64.png Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV balls

unnamed.jpg.b462311d1bccd433919659e8932db7ea.jpg Ping C-4 Hoofer stand bag

RIFE---RIFE---CABINET-GRAPHIC.jpg

19 hours ago, rreeves35 said:

IMG_0204.HEIC
Played the beautiful Baywood Greens in Millsboro, DE this morning. Perfect day with weather in low 80’s and little to no wind. Shot +10 82

Baywood is beautiful, so tell me, did you go for the island fairway or bail out to the right?!

• Like 1

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"

13 hours ago, rreeves35 said:

Thanks!

I don't, I use the Grint

• Like 1

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?Ive been playing for about 24 years and currently a 6 handicap

2. What do you love about golf? Everything and theres always something to improve

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I heard about it on Youtube, then visited the testing facility in Yorktown, Virginia. I love that it full of people on the grind trying to get better.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Im originally from Savannah, Georgia but now living in Newport News. Home Course is probably Kiln Creek, but i play all around the area

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is the golf courses are always really good shape. Worst is that we have winter so I cant play all year

6. What do you do for a living? In the Military

7. How’d you pick your user name? Kinda hard to come up with but i like stats to improve so I figured Golf Matrix was the way to go.

• Like 1

TitlTaylormade R7 driver.

Taylormade rocketball woods

Taylormade Speed Blade Irons

Titelist Vokey Wedges

Titleist Futura Putter

Wow!!!  Welcome to all the new members that have posted over the past week or so.  It's great to see so many new people jumping in and getting involved.  I wish I could respond to each of you individually, but you far outnumbered the time I have 🙂

That said, as golf gets back up an running here, I think it's time we put on our first Maryland-I say Maryland as that's where we'll host it, but it's obviously open to anyone,  PA/VA/DE/NJ/NY/NC  anywhere!! 

As some of you know, newer members probably don't.  I work at a course and am happy to host the group, we have had a couple small outings here before.  Advantages are, I can cut us a good deal, location.   It's pretty central to a lot of people---near BWI and a bit north of Annapolis.  

Cons are, some of you have played here before, and I always enjoy playing somewhere new 🙂

I think there are still some group size restrictions in a lot of places, so maybe we shoot for somewhere around the middle of July, thinking by then clubhouses might start opening up. 

Maybe July 11 or 12 weekend or July 18/19 weekend.  

Also if anyone has any preferences to course or location, let me know as well.   To give you an idea, depending on how many we have,  I could probably get us somewhere between $39 and $59 for fees, our normal weekend fee is $71.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Wow!!!  Welcome to all the new members that have posted over the past week or so.  It's great to see so many new people jumping in and getting involved.  I wish I could respond to each of you individually, but you far outnumbered the time I have
That said, as golf gets back up an running here, I think it's time we put on our first Maryland-I say Maryland as that's where we'll host it, but it's obviously open to anyone,  PA/VA/DE/NJ/NY/NC  anywhere!! 
As some of you know, newer members probably don't.  I work at a course and am happy to host the group, we have had a couple small outings here before.  Advantages are, I can cut us a good deal, location.   It's pretty central to a lot of people---near BWI and a bit north of Annapolis.  
Cons are, some of you have played here before, and I always enjoy playing somewhere new
I think there are still some group size restrictions in a lot of places, so maybe we shoot for somewhere around the middle of July, thinking by then clubhouses might start opening up. 
Maybe July 11 or 12 weekend or July 18/19 weekend.  
Also if anyone has any preferences to course or location, let me know as well.   To give you an idea, depending on how many we have,  I could probably get us somewhere between $39 and $59 for fees, our normal weekend fee is $71.  
I'd be in for weekend of 11-12! Going to be on vacation on weekend of 18-19.

• Like 1