• Saturday July 6
    • Sunday July 7
    • Saturday July 13
    • Sunday July 14
    • Saturday July 27
    • Sunday July 28
    • Other--

45 minutes ago, jestrella18 said:

Hi All, I'm from NJ, run a for-fun golf group, and enjoy traveling (for golf too). 

• I've been playing golf for going on 11 years? I'm currently a 9 (trending 10) handicap

• Golf is a great escape from the city life.  I love the good shots especially after a bad shot, that sand save, and the friends I have made and play with.

• I've been receiving the MyGolfSpy emails for years but never signed up.  Figured i might as well, right?

• I'm in Northern NJ.  Don't really have a home golf course as I am always playing a different course.

• NJ has some great courses.  Downside would definitely snow

• I do IT Help Desk, part-time at United Airlines, and run a Golf group on meetup.com called Avid Golfers of NJ

Welcome!  

I am from Mercer County (grew up in Somerset County) and love playing different courses too.

Where do you find yourself playing most of your rounds?

I'm usually playing in North West (Beaver brook, Berkshire Valley, Bowling Green, Architects, Crystal Springs courses, etc) and Central NJ (Colts Neck, Eagle Ridge, Lakewood, Neshanic, Charleston Springs).  Also play other courses and an occasional trip to AC.  Love playing Twisted Dunes though there are plenty great courses in the south. 

How about you?

3 hours ago, jestrella18 said:

Hi All, I'm from NJ, run a for-fun golf group, and enjoy traveling (for golf too). 

• I've been playing golf for going on 11 years? I'm currently a 9 (trending 10) handicap

• Golf is a great escape from the city life.  I love the good shots especially after a bad shot, that sand save, and the friends I have made and play with.

• I've been receiving the MyGolfSpy emails for years but never signed up.  Figured i might as well, right?

• I'm in Northern NJ.  Don't really have a home golf course as I am always playing a different course.

• NJ has some great courses.  Downside would definitely snow

• I do IT Help Desk, part-time at United Airlines, and run a Golf group on meetup.com called Avid Golfers of NJ

Welcome from Delaware.  Where in Jersey are you, my wife's family is in Clifton.

Hello fellow golf nuts.

I am an avid golfer playing in 2 weekly leagues and the Golf Week Amateur tour. I am an 11 handicap and changed to single length clubs this season to try and get I to single digits.

My name is Timothy and I have only been playing golf since 2007. I have a 14 handicap. I enjoy the social aspect of golf. Meeting new people and enjoying the fresh air. I found this forum out of sheer boredom by accident. I am from Hallstead, pa. Home course would be Conklin players club. The weather is aweful and it effects play in this area in the spring. I am a 13 year veteran in law enforcement. I am a huge fan of Turd Ferguson skits and norm McDonald. I spelled the name wrong when creating this profile for golf spy and didn't realise it till after i posted it. I don't get out as often as I want to because of a difficult work schedule. I started off with a Boscovs special Top Flight golf set in 2007 for $300! I then moved to Calloway razr x club set with a "block of cheese" putter that I found at a yard sale (1950s putter). My golf bag now has the following clubs:

titleist 917 D2 driver

titleist 913 F3 wood

titleist 915 F5 wood

taylormade m2 irons 4 to pw with project x 6.0shafts

titleist vokey wedges 52,54,60

Taylormade daddy long legs putter.

I'm working on consistency as I was self taught.

On 4/12/2019 at 1:48 PM, ballplayer002003 said:

Welcome from Delaware.  Where in Jersey are you, my wife's family is in Clifton.

BallPlayer, I'm in Jersey City so pretty close to Clifton.  Do you play up here sometimes? I've played in MD but have not played in DE before.

On 4/26/2019 at 11:30 AM, jestrella18 said:

BallPlayer, I'm in Jersey City so pretty close to Clifton.  Do you play up here sometimes? I've played in MD but have not played in DE before.

I have never played up there, I would like to though.  What are some nice courses around the area that I should look into?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ballplayer002003 said:

I have never played up there, I would like to though.  What are some nice courses around the area that I should look into?

I would definitely check out Berkshire Valley Golf Course and Neshanic Valley Golf Course.  There are plenty others but these are really nice. 

• Like 1

Hey new to here a frequenter on another site. 

from branchville new jersey, started playing golf in 2016 when i moved back up this way and bought a house. this season i have been walking a lot to cut down some weight so my best option is farmstead golf and country club, they have 3 9s to choose from or play all 3. always down to meet up with other golf addicts so shoot me a pm and we can set something up. i am a shop foreman for a gasoline/jet fuel  trucking company. 

-chris

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Greeting from South Central PA. 

I have been playing golf since the early 90s mostly as a weekend warrior though I have managed to engage in an annual boys trip to MBC.

I shoot high 80s to low 90s normally though I did pull a 80 out of the hat two years ago when I missed a birdie putt for 79.

the last year has seen me golf less because of the 14 month old that runs my life (joke) but I’m expecting to play more this year.

In my bag you’ll find a Ping G20 driver, a Rogue 3 wood, a Bobby Jones hybrid, Mizuno Irons supplemented by one old Cleveland 56 degree and one call away 60 degree wedge. Along with a Yes Sophia putter and whatever ball I’m trying out now.

No home course really as I’m a muni-lover!

Edited by Oriole68
  • Like 1

Greeting from South Central PA. 
I have been playing golf since the early 90s mostly as a weekend warrior though I have managed to engage in an annual boys trip to MBC.
I shoot high 80s to low 90s normally though I did pull a 80 out of the hat two years ago when I missed a birdie putt for 79.
the last year has seen me golf less because of the 14 month old that runs my life (joke) but I’m expecting to play more this year.
In my bag you’ll find a Ping G20 driver, a Rogue 3 wood, a Bobby Jones hybrid, Mizuno Irons supplemented by one old Cleveland 56 degree and one call away 60 degree wedge. Along with a Yes Sophia putter and whatever ball I’m trying out now.
No home course really as I’m a muni-lover!

What part of south central pa?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Posted (edited)
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been golfing on and off since 12, just getting back into it this year will living back near my golf buddies. I shoot in the 90's just your normal weekend duffer

2. What do you love about golf? Just getting out on the course and turning off all distractions and forgetting about everything for a few hours

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Found you on Youtube so now im here. And use to live not far from newport news so thats cool.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Philly I have no one main course but I do love Mermaid its a little 9 hold course. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? prices for what you get some of the local course are not the best and charge like they are. 

6. What do you do for a living? Project Manager 

7. How’d you pick your user name? I think you all can figure it out lol. 

Edited by PhillyGolfer
  • Like 3

1. My name is Chris and I started playing golf when my mom got me a series of lessons when I was 9 years old. Even though I started when I was younger I did not get into it till I was in high school. My 1st job was a cart boy at this place called Mountain Manor in Marshalls Creek PA (Which is no longer there) and I played for the high school team. Now I'm 26 I have a 4.5 H.I. (average 74-78 a round)

2. I love golf for the challenges you face, the architecture, and the cool people you meet.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy is years of reading the reviews and I want to add my point of view, be involved in testing, talking to other "spies" and learning some of the hard facts.

4. I am from the Pocono Mts in PA . My home course was The Architects Golf Club in Phillipsburg, NJ but now I have recently switched to Buck Hill Golf Club in Buck Hill Falls, PA (a Donald Ross design).

5. Best things about this area for golf is the history having a lot of clubs from the early 1900's-1920's. Including places like Shawnee on the Delaware hosting the 1938 PGA Championship and years later Arnold Palmer meeting his wife there. The worst thing about the area is the short season. When winter comes most of the places shut down by mid November and don't open to late March or early April.

6. I am an Assistant Golf Pro and I am working on my accounting degree (Just in case a career in golf doesn't work out)

7. I picked this user name because its a pun of my last name that my one friend came up with. It made me laugh so I always use it when I can. Its stuck around for the last few years. Even used it as my team name in my Masters pool picks this year and ended up winning.

On 2/11/2019 at 5:20 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Mid-Atlantic Region

New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

I'm heading towards retirement at 58 years old, just started learning two years ago. I do not have a legitimate handicap, because I've only complete 27 holes. The best thing about golf is the mathematical and geometrical challenge of the game. I stumbled upon the MyGolfSpy site and value the reviews. I'm born and raised in NYC..., my home course are the public courses of NYC until I can gather the yearly membership fees that are required to join private courses.

The best thing about golf in the NYC region are the total number of public courses to choose from within 100 miles of my address, this number is close to 150! The worse thing about the region now is we don't have a normal spring anymore, global warming has turned this part of the country's weather into an unpredictable mess of chilly, rainy weather.

I'm a Computer Technician working for the City of New York.

1. First club when I was four, really started playing about 10, 13 Handicap right now trying to get to single digits

2. Being outdoors, with friends and the challenge of getting better. 

3. Followed on instagram for a while, not sure if I know other Spies but interested in the community.

4. Northern Virginia, not home course per say but play at least once a year at East Potomac and Old Hickory.

5. Best is lots of good courses within an hour and half, worst is no year round golf.

6. Government IT

7. Been a name I have used since college

Used the results of the putter study and found my new favorite club in the ZB2. Looking to contribute and help other out with idea, thoughts and experiences. 

Howdy all. My name is Tim Schoch. Originally a New Jersey boy, I've been in VA for 4 years, living near Charlottesville. I'm a retired book author, writer, copywriter, and marketing professional. I've written about golf for GolfWRX and various publications going back into the 1970s. I won a golf magazine writing contest and a week's worth of lessons with Hank Haney, and until recently ran a golf blog. 

I still play older clubs because I simply can't find anything that is much of an improvement, and I've purchased many other iron sets and drivers for testing. The experience was rather eye-opening, and the big benefit is my confidence in my current set-up is rock solid. I don't doubt that anything else can make much of a difference, and that is a good feeling when I'm grinding over a putt for a 50-cent birdie. 

At my age and with my game playing only once or twice a week, my handicap in a given year can vary from 10 to 15. Currently it has been holding at 12.  Nice to be here.

• Like 1

Welcome to the site and the local thread to all the recent guys that posted their intro.   We typically have a couple MD/VA/PA outings a year.  We have yet to schedule our first one.   They have been in the Central MD area for the most part due to that's where the bulk of local spies are, but we are looking to get more members involved in it this year, so we're open to suggestions and dates that work for most. 

1 hour ago, DejaGolf said:

Howdy all. My name is Tim Schoch. Originally a New Jersey boy, I've been in VA for 4 years, living near Charlottesville. I'm a retired book author, writer, copywriter, and marketing professional. I've written about golf for GolfWRX and various publications going back into the 1970s. I won a golf magazine writing contest and a week's worth of lessons with Hank Haney, and until recently ran a golf blog. 

I still play older clubs because I simply can't find anything that is much of an improvement, and I've purchased many other iron sets and drivers for testing. The experience was rather eye-opening, and the big benefit is my confidence in my current set-up is rock solid. I don't doubt that anything else can make much of a difference, and that is a good feeling when I'm grinding over a putt for a 50-cent birdie. 

At my age and with my game playing only once or twice a week, my handicap in a given year can vary from 10 to 15. Currently it has been holding at 12.  Nice to be here.

Greetings from the chilly, rain soaked Midwest - glad you joined us. 

12 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Welcome to the site and the local thread to all the recent guys that posted their intro.   We typically have a couple MD/VA/PA outings a year.  We have yet to schedule our first one.   They have been in the Central MD area for the most part due to that's where the bulk of local spies are, but we are looking to get more members involved in it this year, so we're open to suggestions and dates that work for most. 

Sounds good. My son lives in Lutherville. Keep me up to date.