Jump to content
GolfSpy MPR

Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Wow!!!  Welcome to all the new members that have posted over the past week or so.  It's great to see so many new people jumping in and getting involved.  I wish I could respond to each of you individually, but you far outnumbered the time I have 🙂

That said, as golf gets back up an running here, I think it's time we put on our first Maryland-I say Maryland as that's where we'll host it, but it's obviously open to anyone,  PA/VA/DE/NJ/NY/NC  anywhere!! 

As some of you know, newer members probably don't.  I work at a course and am happy to host the group, we have had a couple small outings here before.  Advantages are, I can cut us a good deal, location.   It's pretty central to a lot of people---near BWI and a bit north of Annapolis.  

Cons are, some of you have played here before, and I always enjoy playing somewhere new 🙂

I think there are still some group size restrictions in a lot of places, so maybe we shoot for somewhere around the middle of July, thinking by then clubhouses might start opening up. 

Maybe July 11 or 12 weekend or July 18/19 weekend.  

Also if anyone has any preferences to course or location, let me know as well.   To give you an idea, depending on how many we have,  I could probably get us somewhere between $39 and $59 for fees, our normal weekend fee is $71.  

I should be able to make it;  as long as the tee time isn't too early.  

  • Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GolfMatrix said:

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is the golf courses are always really good shape. Worst is that we have winter so I cant play all year

You can play pretty much all year.   Usually there are only a few really cold weeks.

  • Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sounds sweet, I'm a hard maybe, my work schedule gets crazy the hotter it gets.

That being said, if anyone needs window film, hit me up!


Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

:callaway-small: Rogue 3W

:cobra-small: King F7 5W

Sub70 939 3H

Lynx Black Cat //:cobra-small: King F8 5i-GW 

:ping-small: Tour-S 54*/12*

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

Tommy Armour 303 Milled Habanero 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, nynoles said:

I used to use Game Golf for the last 2-3 years, unfortunately I think it lost it's luster with me and I stopped this year.  I don't think I need much more technology to tell me that I miss 80% of my drives to the right and hit too many irons/wedges fat. 🤣

Hahahah I definitely hear you there. I'm big into statistics and I enjoy seeing the progression over the years. I was a 20+ handicap when I first started using it, and now that im an 11 it's cool to see where I've improved but also where I still suck lol. I was also curious if anyone is having issues with the software too. 

Thanks for the reply!

  • Like 2

Driver: Ping G400 

Woods: Ping G400, G30

Irons: Ping i200

Wedges: Titleist SM6 & SM7

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab One

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ballplayer002003 said:

Baywood is beautiful, so tell me, did you go for the island fairway or bail out to the right?!

Great question! Hole 15 gives me nightmares but its such a beautiful hole that I (somehow) find a way to enjoy it. It usually depends on how i'm hitting driver on the day because if it's going well then i'll usually just try and hit a bomb to the right fairway for a mid-to-short iron into the green. This time I took a four hybrid and went at the island and made it though 👍

  • Like 1

Driver: Ping G400 

Woods: Ping G400, G30

Irons: Ping i200

Wedges: Titleist SM6 & SM7

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab One

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Wow!!!  Welcome to all the new members that have posted over the past week or so.  It's great to see so many new people jumping in and getting involved.  I wish I could respond to each of you individually, but you far outnumbered the time I have 🙂

That said, as golf gets back up an running here, I think it's time we put on our first Maryland-I say Maryland as that's where we'll host it, but it's obviously open to anyone,  PA/VA/DE/NJ/NY/NC  anywhere!! 

As some of you know, newer members probably don't.  I work at a course and am happy to host the group, we have had a couple small outings here before.  Advantages are, I can cut us a good deal, location.   It's pretty central to a lot of people---near BWI and a bit north of Annapolis.  

Cons are, some of you have played here before, and I always enjoy playing somewhere new 🙂

I think there are still some group size restrictions in a lot of places, so maybe we shoot for somewhere around the middle of July, thinking by then clubhouses might start opening up. 

Maybe July 11 or 12 weekend or July 18/19 weekend.  

Also if anyone has any preferences to course or location, let me know as well.   To give you an idea, depending on how many we have,  I could probably get us somewhere between $39 and $59 for fees, our normal weekend fee is $71.  

Either weekend is open for me! Sounds fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, sounding good so far for possibly the July 11/12 weekend.   Good news yesterday as Maryland officially but very quietly lifted the 10 person max limit on any gatherings.  So we should be able to have the group gather for some food and drink afterwards.   

I would think a tee time around 11:00 would allow those such as Cnosil and others coming from a distance not have to get up at dawn. 

 

  • Like 3

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ok, sounding good so far for possibly the July 11/12 weekend.   Good news yesterday as Maryland officially but very quietly lifted the 10 person max limit on any gatherings.  So we should be able to have the group gather for some food and drink afterwards.   
I would think a tee time around 11:00 would allow those such as Cnosil and others coming from a distance not have to get up at dawn. 
 

That date may work for me too!


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: C130S

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :ping-small: G410 15*  w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrids: :ping-small: G410 22*  w/ Tensei Blue

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX919 HMP 5-AW Forged w/ Modus 120s

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 55*/60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spyder X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, PAgolfer2017 said:


That date may work for me too!


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

It's beginning to sound like a thing 🙂

 

  • Like 2

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can y'all please like this so my account can finally get upgraded 😕 much appreciated if you do 🙌

  • Like 5

Driver: Ping G400 

Woods: Ping G400, G30

Irons: Ping i200

Wedges: Titleist SM6 & SM7

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab One

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2020 at 7:25 AM, rreeves35 said:

Hahahah I definitely hear you there. I'm big into statistics and I enjoy seeing the progression over the years. I was a 20+ handicap when I first started using it, and now that im an 11 it's cool to see where I've improved but also where I still suck lol. I was also curious if anyone is having issues with the software too. 

Thanks for the reply!

I was a 23-24 handicap when I started really getting into using 18 Birdies.  Just recently switched to premium, the paid subscription, and have thoroughly enjoyed it! I have since moved to about a 14 handicap. Stats really help you understand where you need to focus your practice time! 

  • Like 1

Tell your grandkids about this shot! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had the pleasure of playing 36 this past Saturday in the Reading area. Had played Galen few weeks back, wanted to try a couple Findlay designs in the area too. My son and I headed out around 7am and drove from Philly to Manor Golf Club. Quirky course, short, but still challenging. Smallest greens I’ve ever seen (one par 3 was about the size of two cars parked side by side). There were some blind shots because of the elevation changes, the greens were pristine, but the fairways were muni-quality. It was a fun round, and while I was spraying it all over the place, I still managed an 80 thanks to some good chipping and putting (30 putts). 
 

One of the many tiny greens. 
0B224D08-B148-4433-A11F-C89A8B203950.jpeg.ea1765a45dbbde9740823593477592cd.jpeg
 

One of the least hilly holes on the course below  

3ABF4B9D-062C-420E-B5D2-86AC76431A02.jpeg.47aa24d0875551be7f4899aa615bd932.jpeg
 

My 9 year old son and I. He had a blast putting, driving the cart. Didn’t hit many shots as it was pretty packed.

B83CB7B1-7C1B-48DE-94FB-BE470EDFFBFC.jpeg.3a36118e21722553350bf08aaab68bab.jpeg


Next we headed to some lunch and then over for an afternoon tee time at Reading Country Club (maybe a 20 minute drive from Manor). 
 

Very different feel here. This was built and maintained as a true country club for many decades. Sam Snead holds the course record of 63, and Byron Nelson was the head pro for a few years during his prime in the mid 30’s. 
 

I again sprayed it all over, scavenged an 84 and I felt pretty good about it. After all I’ve only been out half dozen times or so this year. 
 

Clubhouse and restaurant

D27D8B40-63AD-40AE-9090-53D8D4CD1C03.jpeg.bc0852c29b7f2c6650cb42fe9f31b2fb.jpeg
 

View back from the #1 green back towards the clubhouse.

B7EBFF84-67BB-4253-AD35-0367F5755C94.jpeg.6c39ed61b161e3ec318850f0a0618860.jpeg


I would play Reading every day of the week. It had a good mix of elevation, distance, and you could tell that the grounds crew had really taken advantage of the down month of COVID to do a ton of maintenance. 
 

HIGHLY recommend making the trip. A Reading + Galen double is the way to go and you won’t be disappointed. 

  • Like 2

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Driver with KBS TD Shaft

:srixon-small: ZF85 3 wood with Raijin Shaft and :benhogan-small: Baffy 5w with Harrison Rifle (old school!) Shaft

Hybrid: searching

:callaway-small: Mavrik Pro 4-PW Irons with TrueTemper DG S300 Shafts with :Arccos: 

:edel-golf-1: Custom Wedges - 48*, 53*, 58* with KBS V Shafts

:seemore-small: Platinum mTRI-Mallet

:bridgestone-small: 2020 Tour BX or B Ball

:cobra-small: Golf Ultralight Bag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

I decided to answer the intro questions.  My name is Chad.

 

  1. How long have you been playing golf? 15 years What’s your handicap or normal score? 84

  2. What do you love about golf? being outdoors with friends

  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? a friend always talks about the reviews Do you already know any other Spies? yes

  4. Where are you from? I live north of Buffalo NY  What is your home course?  I would have to say Links at Ivy Ridge

  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  best - a lot of courses to choose from; worst - not enough time with some long winters

  6. What do you do for a living? Internal Auditor

  7. How’d you pick your user name? comes from bowling; my indoor sport in the winter

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

    • Started playing as a high school junior.  Average score is around an 82.  Low is 69.

  • What do you love about golf?

    • Outside.  Exercise.  Fellowship.

  • What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

    • Found when looking for club and ball reviews.  Don't know any others.

  • Where are you from? What is your home course?

    • Originally from Hampton Roads Virginia.  Played HS golf there.  Went to Randolph-Macon for a year and played golf.  Transferred to the University of Virginia.  Live in the Lehigh Valley of PA now.

  • What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

    • A little pricey compared to when I lived in Tennessee, but nice courses.

  • What do you do for a living?

    • Healthcare administration

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2020 at 4:54 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

It's beginning to sound like a thing 🙂

 

So July 11 is a potential rain date for something depending on the weather. But I'm bound and determined to make it down haha. I'll have to see if I can round up some of the others up in this area! Also, both Dauphin Highlands and Royal Manchester are both in great shape! We'll have to get you and MD and a few others up here for a round.

  • Like 1

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: C130S

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :ping-small: G410 15*  w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrids: :ping-small: G410 22*  w/ Tensei Blue

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX919 HMP 5-AW Forged w/ Modus 120s

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 55*/60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spyder X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome @chadley300 and @Seatuck

Glad to have you both on board, Chadley whats your friends username that pointed you our way? 


:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had my first time playing Riverwinds in South Jersey on Monday. https://www.riverwindsgolfandtennis.com/course-details/ The course is right on the Delaware River and is as close as we're going to get to links golf in the area. It's a 73.8/135 but it doesn't play that hard as I think they cut a good deal of the rough down. 

It was in FANTASTIC condition, my 9 year old son came and wanted to play and my 15 year old daughter was getting in some practice driving the cart. 🙂 Riverwinds is a Ron Jaworski course, and he is "felt" in a few different areas. 

First of all, when you arrive you feel like you're in the totally wrong place. You pass part of the course on your drive in on the right, but you make a left and you go past some outdoor hockey rinks and a giant indoor tennis center to a bag drop. I literally had to get on google to make sure I didn't take a wrong turn. 🙂

You go inside the tennis center to the pro shop/tennis shop to pay, and things were very socially distanced. They weren't letting anyone in w/o masks and it was pretty well stocked with balls and a few clubs and plenty of apparel. Rant: I never understood courses (especially public ones that aren't Torrey etc) investing so much $ in apparel. Just seems to sit there... I digress. Here's the first place you "feel" Jaworski. There's a giant 5' tall bobblehead statue of him by the door. Here's a pic (from the riverwinds website) of the pro shop (no bobblehead here):

image.png.52a7b65586a25b3dd8783571d048d0b4.png

Riverwinds takes part in the Youth On Course initiative: https://youthoncourse.org/ so we paid for a cart fee (since my son and daughter were going to ride along with me) and it was a whopping $5 for my son to play. The GM told me about the program and hooked us up. Total was ~$85 with my round and cart and the kids. Not bad IMO. 

Once you pay, you walk the 150' back to the bag drop where a small team of staff load your bags up for you and you're on your way. It's about a 4 minute cart ride from the bag drop to the first tee across the road you came in on, past the tee for #2 and the green, fairway and rough for #1.

When we got up to the first tee, we were met with a SUPER friendly starter named Bill. Bill was a retired gentleman wearing a mask and socially distancing throughout. He asked if we'd played there before (answer was no), I told him my son was going to play a few holes and he chatted him up. He told us to take our time (we had a 3pm tee time) and that we should really enjoy ourselves. He talked to the kids about the birds they'd see on the course, the deer, and pointed out the two places where there are bald eagles on the course and their nests so they'd look for them. A twosome came up to the tee about 5 minutes after we got there, and they were supposed to join up with us, but Bill sent them off the back so we could take our time and my son could get some swings in without anyone having to wait around. Top notch treatment of my kids - I can't say how much I appreciate this from the entire staff.

I'll put some screenshots in from this old youtube video for some visual cues as I was having too much fun and didn't take many. You'll also see my yardages are different as I played from the tips. 

We teed off just a couple minutes past three and #1 is a dogleg right par 5 at almost 550 yards. The fairways are WIDE here at Riverwinds, and while there's a lot of penalties to be had if you spray it, they're quite generous. We had my son tee off from the beginning of each fairway, and then tee up his shots as we went along. He ended up playing 6 total holes, rolling down a lot of hills, and having a great time. My daughter even enjoyed herself and said "I don't like golf, but I like doing this". He had one 10, three triples and two doubles all by himself! He even hit over a creek on #10 of which he was SUPER proud.

image.png.ccbcb25b7345d5343e5c0ec9e72ae980.png

Anyways, there are some world class designed holes on this course. #4 is a sharp dogleg right par 5 but only 485 yards. You can cut the corner, but OB awaits on a missed tee shot, There's trouble near the green with a sharp incline from the fairway to a chipping area that I'm SURE gets a lot of balls.

image.png.c03f0015a1eeec0cd0c916b43dcc2168.png

Number 9 is a hard dogleg left across a pond that's 441 yards and you need to carry it 250 at least to clear the pond from the back. It shoots to a severely elevated green with multiple tiers and a false front. It's one of the best 20 holes I've probably played. If they let the rough grow in this hole specifically (between the fairway and the green, it's about 50 yards of rough) it would be brutal.

image.png.64b99abe2dc57ca9e33f83552e17b366.png

There's some amazing views of the city of Philadelphia across the river, and when you hit the back nine, specifically holes 14 - 18, the river is just on the other side of a bank of trees. Here's a very large ship turning on the Delaware:

ship.gif.de5eab7e5fe9ae2e5d298ce2843b1901.gif

14 is a BEAST of a par 5, measuring 642 yards from the tips and took me three SOLID shots to get there. 

Here's a few GIFs of 17 from the tee, me talking into the video, the Delaware river, and my kids saying hello (sent the videos to my dad and wife).

17 is a short par 3, but you can see that green Add in the 8-10 MPH wind we had going, and yes, I spun my tee shot back into the rocks below the hole. 

 17.gif.4424973fe5e39caeb33c6d546f0965ec.gif

Here's a bit more of 17, and my kids (you might be able to see my son in the distance up by the 18th tee getting ready to roll down the hill 🙂 )

17vid.gif.450d67fb06c08ca79aa7afeb4e88ad2b.gif

And finally, here's the view from 18 tee - a 429 yard par four with a GIANT bunker on the right, and a tricky green. 

IMG_2844.jpg.933d5fcd3eacd79e328299515858f2ac.jpg

In all, it was a SUPER fun day, I am so fortunate to have been able to spend my day with the kids, and the folks at the course were amazing to talk with and my kids had a good time too. I am going back with some colleagues on Friday of this week to play again. Do I think it's worth the weekend rate of $90+? Not at all. But for $50-60, it's a steal and I'm looking forward to playing it again!!

  • Like 2

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Driver with KBS TD Shaft

:srixon-small: ZF85 3 wood with Raijin Shaft and :benhogan-small: Baffy 5w with Harrison Rifle (old school!) Shaft

Hybrid: searching

:callaway-small: Mavrik Pro 4-PW Irons with TrueTemper DG S300 Shafts with :Arccos: 

:edel-golf-1: Custom Wedges - 48*, 53*, 58* with KBS V Shafts

:seemore-small: Platinum mTRI-Mallet

:bridgestone-small: 2020 Tour BX or B Ball

:cobra-small: Golf Ultralight Bag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, analyticandrew said:

Had my first time playing Riverwinds in South Jersey on Monday. https://www.riverwindsgolfandtennis.com/course-details/ The course is right on the Delaware River and is as close as we're going to get to links golf in the area. It's a 73.8/135 but it doesn't play that hard as I think they cut a good deal of the rough down. 

It was in FANTASTIC condition, my 9 year old son came and wanted to play and my 15 year old daughter was getting in some practice driving the cart. 🙂 Riverwinds is a Ron Jaworski course, and he is "felt" in a few different areas. 

First of all, when you arrive you feel like you're in the totally wrong place. You pass part of the course on your drive in on the right, but you make a left and you go past some outdoor hockey rinks and a giant indoor tennis center to a bag drop. I literally had to get on google to make sure I didn't take a wrong turn. 🙂

You go inside the tennis center to the pro shop/tennis shop to pay, and things were very socially distanced. They weren't letting anyone in w/o masks and it was pretty well stocked with balls and a few clubs and plenty of apparel. Rant: I never understood courses (especially public ones that aren't Torrey etc) investing so much $ in apparel. Just seems to sit there... I digress. Here's the first place you "feel" Jaworski. There's a giant 5' tall bobblehead statue of him by the door. Here's a pic (from the riverwinds website) of the pro shop (no bobblehead here):

image.png.52a7b65586a25b3dd8783571d048d0b4.png

Riverwinds takes part in the Youth On Course initiative: https://youthoncourse.org/ so we paid for a cart fee (since my son and daughter were going to ride along with me) and it was a whopping $5 for my son to play. The GM told me about the program and hooked us up. Total was ~$85 with my round and cart and the kids. Not bad IMO. 

Once you pay, you walk the 150' back to the bag drop where a small team of staff load your bags up for you and you're on your way. It's about a 4 minute cart ride from the bag drop to the first tee across the road you came in on, past the tee for #2 and the green, fairway and rough for #1.

When we got up to the first tee, we were met with a SUPER friendly starter named Bill. Bill was a retired gentleman wearing a mask and socially distancing throughout. He asked if we'd played there before (answer was no), I told him my son was going to play a few holes and he chatted him up. He told us to take our time (we had a 3pm tee time) and that we should really enjoy ourselves. He talked to the kids about the birds they'd see on the course, the deer, and pointed out the two places where there are bald eagles on the course and their nests so they'd look for them. A twosome came up to the tee about 5 minutes after we got there, and they were supposed to join up with us, but Bill sent them off the back so we could take our time and my son could get some swings in without anyone having to wait around. Top notch treatment of my kids - I can't say how much I appreciate this from the entire staff.

I'll put some screenshots in from this old youtube video for some visual cues as I was having too much fun and didn't take many. You'll also see my yardages are different as I played from the tips. 

We teed off just a couple minutes past three and #1 is a dogleg right par 5 at almost 550 yards. The fairways are WIDE here at Riverwinds, and while there's a lot of penalties to be had if you spray it, they're quite generous. We had my son tee off from the beginning of each fairway, and then tee up his shots as we went along. He ended up playing 6 total holes, rolling down a lot of hills, and having a great time. My daughter even enjoyed herself and said "I don't like golf, but I like doing this". He had one 10, three triples and two doubles all by himself! He even hit over a creek on #10 of which he was SUPER proud.

image.png.ccbcb25b7345d5343e5c0ec9e72ae980.png

Anyways, there are some world class designed holes on this course. #4 is a sharp dogleg right par 5 but only 485 yards. You can cut the corner, but OB awaits on a missed tee shot, There's trouble near the green with a sharp incline from the fairway to a chipping area that I'm SURE gets a lot of balls.

image.png.c03f0015a1eeec0cd0c916b43dcc2168.png

Number 9 is a hard dogleg left across a pond that's 441 yards and you need to carry it 250 at least to clear the pond from the back. It shoots to a severely elevated green with multiple tiers and a false front. It's one of the best 20 holes I've probably played. If they let the rough grow in this hole specifically (between the fairway and the green, it's about 50 yards of rough) it would be brutal.

image.png.64b99abe2dc57ca9e33f83552e17b366.png

There's some amazing views of the city of Philadelphia across the river, and when you hit the back nine, specifically holes 14 - 18, the river is just on the other side of a bank of trees. Here's a very large ship turning on the Delaware:

ship.gif.de5eab7e5fe9ae2e5d298ce2843b1901.gif

14 is a BEAST of a par 5, measuring 642 yards from the tips and took me three SOLID shots to get there. 

Here's a few GIFs of 17 from the tee, me talking into the video, the Delaware river, and my kids saying hello (sent the videos to my dad and wife).

17 is a short par 3, but you can see that green Add in the 8-10 MPH wind we had going, and yes, I spun my tee shot back into the rocks below the hole. 

 17.gif.4424973fe5e39caeb33c6d546f0965ec.gif

Here's a bit more of 17, and my kids (you might be able to see my son in the distance up by the 18th tee getting ready to roll down the hill 🙂 )

17vid.gif.450d67fb06c08ca79aa7afeb4e88ad2b.gif

And finally, here's the view from 18 tee - a 429 yard par four with a GIANT bunker on the right, and a tricky green. 

IMG_2844.jpg.933d5fcd3eacd79e328299515858f2ac.jpg

In all, it was a SUPER fun day, I am so fortunate to have been able to spend my day with the kids, and the folks at the course were amazing to talk with and my kids had a good time too. I am going back with some colleagues on Friday of this week to play again. Do I think it's worth the weekend rate of $90+? Not at all. But for $50-60, it's a steal and I'm looking forward to playing it again!!

Yeah its a fun track for the right price 


In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 Plus Ping 9* VA Nemesys 65FIVE
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* VA Vylyn 75FIVE
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49 F - 54 S - 59 D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X
 
SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice looking course! I also love the review

  • Like 1

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

:callaway-small: Rogue 3W

:cobra-small: King F7 5W

Sub70 939 3H

Lynx Black Cat //:cobra-small: King F8 5i-GW 

:ping-small: Tour-S 54*/12*

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

Tommy Armour 303 Milled Habanero 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...