Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

53 minutes ago, ballplayer002003 said:

Anyone have any interest in meeting up sometime this summer as a group?  If so, I can probably set something up in Delaware (I know, I know not too many of us on here from DE) or Ocean City, MD if you guys want.  I was thinking if you guys wanted to come to the beaches there are plenty of great golf here.  Maybe Baywood Greens, Lighthouse Sound etc.  

If interested, just let me know and I can start working on it.  If not, no big deal.  Thinking maybe August or September once the tourists leave.  

A buddy of mine just moved up to DE late spring to become the assistant pro at Bear Trap Dunes

Driver: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi2 9.0* w/ Tensei blue stiff shaft // 3 Wood: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi3 15* Tensei white stiff shaft

Hybrid: default_taylormade-small.jpg.e85cafcb95032f919dfafeb5fd18ac1e.jpg GAPR Hi 3h

Irons: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg T300 4-PW + 48* & 53*w/ KBS tour stiff

Wedge: default_cleveland-small.jpg.5931429dde47ec5093bb94bc9d38f8b5.jpg CBX2 58*10

Putter: KS1

Ball: Srixon Z-star // Bag: default_ping-small.jpg.2da16be6ff3360b3177f4439c6c6288b.jpg DLX

1 hour ago, Curtis Atkinson said:

A buddy of mine just moved up to DE late spring to become the assistant pro at Bear Trap Dunes

Bear Trap is a nice course!  It's near Bethany Beach.

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

Hi all. I'm from NJ. Love to golf, especially scrambles. Hit me up if you need one.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Off and on all my life. In a scramble league for 5 years and now a competitive handicap league for 1 year.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the difficulty and ability to pull off crazy shots. I like that my numbers are getting better. It's fun being outside. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Been lurking since 2018ish. Felt like the community is too good and I'm almost stealing information if I don't get involved.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? NJ. Jaworski's Running Deer.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: Can golf most of the year as snow doesn't sit for too long. Worst: There are not a lot of high end courses, especially affordable ones. Other golfers are often slow and inconsiderate of playing through. Often crowded. Greens are mostly not pristine.

6. What do you do for a living? Work for government.

7. How’d you pick your user name? I like to try and hit that ball far and know there is a correlation of distance and score. The further you can drive and use scoring irons, the better you will do. I'm semi-aggressive on the course. I like Bryson's strategy of beating the course.

TaylorMade M6 10.5 (Sleeve @ 9.0) - PX HZRDUS Evenflow Black 75 (6.5) (Tipped 1in)

TaylorMade Stealth Plus Rescue 2-17 - PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX HY (6.5) (Tipped addl. .5in + .25in short)

TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue 4-22 (Sleeve @ 20.5) - PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX HY (6.5) (Tipped addl. .5in + .25in short)

2021 Callaway Apex Pro (4-PW) - DG X100

Sub70 286 Forged 50*-10 / 54*-12 (Black) - DG S400

Sub70 JB Forged 58*-06 (Black) - DG X100

Wilson Buckingham Infinite Putter - SuperStroke Traxion Claw (Cut to 33.5in)

Primary Ball: Rotation (Snell MTB-X, 2019 Left Dash, 2021 Pro-V1)

Wilson Staff Tour Bag

BagBoy Nitron Push Cart

1. Seriously picked up the game 5 years ago.  Currently setting at 12, typically low to mid 80's with the random 90 something here and there.  

2. I love the challenge, chase to improve, and that feeling of a pure shot.  It is my escape to clear the mind and focus on the game.  I cannot forget the fun and ribbing with friends.

3. Followed the page and social media for years, finally decided to join the forum.  I currently do not know any other spies.

4. SW Virginia.  Ashley Plantation 

5. Several decent courses in my area.  The bad...getting playing partners to show up.

6. Inventory manager and buyer for a building supplier.

7. Covered in tattoos and love golf.  

Arccos Tracking

Bushnell Tour V4

Driver: Ping G410 Max 

Fairway: 5W 0341X Proto  | 7W Taylormade M2 

Irons: 0311P GEN3 IRONS 

Hybrid: Taylormade GAPR 21 Mid 

Weges: 54 and 58 SM8 Vokey

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rball 34"

Ball: Pro V1X

On 6/14/2021 at 10:08 PM, MB59 said:

1. I've been playing 15 years but my handicap doesn't reflect that as a 13. For me, a bad scoring round still beats any day I'm not playing golf!

2. I love golf cause it's a mental challenge for a hack like me, it's cheaper than therapy, plus gives me a guaranteed pass out of the house any time. 

3. Been viewing this site for a while and just decided to join so I could link up with other golfers in my region and maybe get some tips to improve my game.

4. I live in Upper Marlboro, MD and my home course is Oakcreek Golf Club.

5. Up here it's not as sweltering hot or humid like the south... but it's more expensive and cold so we can't play all year round.

6. I'm a Maintenance and Electrical Business Owner (really I'm just my wife's full-time handy man)

7. My user name is my initials and dream score... again I'm a hack so 59 is just that, a DREAM! 

MB59,

Welcome!  You're not that far from me (Gambrills/Ft. Meade) area. Haven't played Oak Creek yet but have played quite a few courses out that way (Marlton Golf Course, Bowie CC, Glendale (which, sadly closed)) etc...

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, guys. Glad to join you all. Go Bills!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I always played on and off throughout my teens and early twenties, but I don't think I'd ever played a single round without getting absolutely hammered until this year. I decided to take it seriously and it's become far more enjoyable. Current hcp floats right around 19. I'm consistently 80s-low 90s. Goal for the season was to break 90, but that came early, so I'm staring down 79 at the moment. 

2. What do you love about golf? Well, first of all.. I hate it. Truly, though, as a former athlete and bodybuilder, my body is pretty beat down. Golf is something that keeps me active, outside, and has given me the opportunity to focus my mental energy as well. It's been amazing for my mental health and I look forward to playing until I croak. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? A spy referred me!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Buffalo, NY! I play as many different courses here as I can, but the one I play the most would be Sheridan Park. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Winter makes it tough from mid-November until Early April. Other than that golf here is some of the best and most enjoyable in the country. I lived in Florida and it was miserable there 75% of the year. You get a lot more in terms of tolerable weather here in my opinion. Then again, I consider 40 and drizzly good weather so??

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a senior accountant for an energy company. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Your username picks you. 

Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 10.5 

Callaway Mavrik 5-PW

Callaway JAWS MD5 50°, 54°, 58°

Cleveland Tfi putter

On 6/18/2021 at 10:43 AM, Tat2Golf said:

1. Seriously picked up the game 5 years ago.  Currently setting at 12, typically low to mid 80's with the random 90 something here and there.  

2. I love the challenge, chase to improve, and that feeling of a pure shot.  It is my escape to clear the mind and focus on the game.  I cannot forget the fun and ribbing with friends.

3. Followed the page and social media for years, finally decided to join the forum.  I currently do not know any other spies.

4. SW Virginia.  Ashley Plantation 

5. Several decent courses in my area.  The bad...getting playing partners to show up.

6. Inventory manager and buyer for a building supplier.

7. Covered in tattoos and love golf.  

Welcome to MGS!  You will enjoy it here.  Bunch of great guys 🙂

I'm up in NVA ... Leesburg actually.  I see you are way down Rt 81 from me ... Daleville or Botetourt County.  I have a place down that way where I hunt.  🙂  Maybe we can meet up somewhere in between us one weekend.  Cause I'm sure there aren't many Spies down your way.  

Welcome to the club.  Enjoy it & engage in all the forums.  There is a lot of fun to be had.

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

5 hours ago, golfinnut said:

Welcome to MGS!  You will enjoy it here.  Bunch of great guys 🙂

I'm up in NVA ... Leesburg actually.  I see you are way down Rt 81 from me ... Daleville or Botetourt County.  I have a place down that way where I hunt.  🙂  Maybe we can meet up somewhere in between us one weekend.  Cause I'm sure there aren't many Spies down your way.  

Welcome to the club.  Enjoy it & engage in all the forums.  There is a lot of fun to be had.

Thanks.  I am enjoying it very much so far.  

I guess Harrisonburg would be middle ground for us.  I hear good things about Heritage Oaks in Harrisonburg .  I have not played it myself.  I am pretty well committed until the end of August, but after that I would be open to a meetup.  

I am definitely going to try for a meetup around September for Royal New Kent in Providence Forge Va.  Looks great and hear good things about newer management.  Being in MGS's backyard, I wouldn't think it will hard to find three other guys to make a loop.   

Arccos Tracking

Bushnell Tour V4

14 minutes ago, Tat2Golf said:

Thanks.  I am enjoying it very much so far.  

I guess Harrisonburg would be middle ground for us.  I hear good things about Heritage Oaks in Harrisonburg .  I have not played it myself.  I am pretty well committed until the end of August, but after that I would be open to a meetup.  

I am definitely going to try for a meetup around September for Royal New Kent in Providence Forge Va.  Looks great and hear good things about newer management.  Being in MGS's backyard, I wouldn't think it will hard to find three other guys to make a loop.   

Nope won't be a problem down there.  I've played RNK numerous times ... great track! 

14 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Good to see another Western NY guy here, my course is Caz Park but play many more during the year.  Welcome to the fun! 

Love Caz! Actually playing the South Park+Caz combo this weekend. Thanks for the welcome!

Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 10.5 

Callaway Mavrik 5-PW

Callaway JAWS MD5 50°, 54°, 58°

Cleveland Tfi putter

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 35 years; 8 Handicap

2. What do you love about golf? The inability to achieve perfection, but the chance to all too briefly experience that perfect shot. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I’ve read a lot of the online reviews of equipment- I think they’re excellent. 

4. Where are you from? What is your homecourse? NJ. I play all over. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The difficulty getting wary morning tee times. 

6. What do you do for a living? Education 

7. How’d you pick your user name? I’m from NJ… it’s a Springsteen reference. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym; Hzrdus Silver 50 Gram

3 Wood: Ping 410; "Otto Phlex" Project X Evenflow Riptide 

7 Wood: Callaway Epic Max 

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Callaway MD4 54, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Evnroll ER2v; Midlock and Standard 34 inch with Gravity Gip

• 2 weeks later...

How are the golf courses around everyone?  I have found public courses doing better than some private courses closeby.

Salisbury New Taylormade M1 Demo - Tailor Made Logo Png Clipart ...Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 10.5*

Mizuno Irons: JPX 923 Tour

Irons: Proto Rose

Ladies Golf Balls - Titleist Golf Logo Clipart (#110861) - PinClipartWedges: SM7 52.08; SM6 60.04

Cleveland Golf Png & Free Cleveland Golf.png Transparent Images ...Wedges: Zip core: 54, and 58 

Callaway Golf Wedge: Jaws 50

Salisbury New Taylormade M1 Demo - Tailor Made Logo Png Clipart ... Putter: Platinum S

Odyssey putter: Jail Bird

21 hours ago, Wicki said:

How are the golf courses around everyone?  I have found public courses doing better than some private courses closeby.

Dont play many private courses so cannot really comment but have felt the public courses around me have been in solid shape considering the high amount of traffic they're getting.

On 7/29/2021 at 9:28 AM, Wicki said:

In the Pittsburgh area, I've found the biggest disparity between the two to be playing time.  Easy to get a 4-hour round in at a club, but hard to crack 5 hours on a public track right now.  Both in great shape, especially given the number of rounds.  Both seem to have full tee sheets every day as well.

Edited by fetch29

Driver: Cobra LTDx @ 8* w/ Fujikura Speeder Evo Tour Spec

3w: Taylormade SLDR TS 14* w/ Speeder 757

3hy: Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* w/ KBS Hybrid 

Irons (4-P): ZX5/ZX7 combo w/Modus 120

Wedge: Vokey SM8 50-08F, 54-10S, 58-08M w/ DG S200

Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Ball: Bridgestone Tour B-XS

The newly renovated Belmont Golf Course in Richmond, VA is outstanding.  We are loving it.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

17 minutes ago, HardcoreLooper said:

The newly renovated Belmont Golf Course in Richmond, VA is outstanding.  We are loving it.

I know the guys from MGS have come up to play and they also said the course was great. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Courses around me are all pretty good right now.  Private and public seem to be doing well.   Have played in several tournaments over the last few weeks, all courses have been in great shape.  

Arccos Tracking

Bushnell Tour V4

I played Quail Valley for the first time a few weeks ago & was really impressed with the conditions.  For a public course, it was in fabulous shape.  I was so impressed that I'm going back this Sunday 😃

I guess this is a good place to start... Excited to join the forum after lurking for months.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing since my late teens in the late 90s. Which is basically my normal score -- I'm returning to the game after a decade of not playing much while my kids were little. I was never all that great to start with 😉

2. What do you love about golf? The opportunity to improve, to learn, to restart at the next hole, and the way the good shots stick with you.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? When I decided to get back into golf I needed to do a lot of research to improve my very dated equipment. I had never even re-gripped my clubs myself, so I had a lot to learn in many different facets and the MGS site has been super helpful. As for other spies, I found my brother also reads the site and never told me about it until I brought it up recently.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm originally from Binghamton, NY (upstate) and moved to the DC area after college. My "home" course in NY is probably Afton Golf Club, which is where my dad always likes to play. But the course I've probably played the most and counts as home would be East Potomac here in DC, right along the river across from Reagan National Airport.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? It's great that DC weather gives you 9 months a year to play, but the heart of summer is rough and there's a battle over the early AM/late PM tee times.

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a digital strategy/communications/PR type. I've worked in and around politics for twenty years.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It was my AOL Instant Messenger name way back when and has been my Xbox Live account name for years. Figured it'd work here too.

Driver/3W/5W/Hybrid 4: default_taylormade-small.jpg Sim2 Max
Irons: default_taylormade-small.jpg Stealth 4-PW
Wedges: default_cleveland-small.jpg RTX 48*, 52*, 56*, 60*
Putter: default_odyssey-small.jpg EXO Rossie
Ball: vice_logo_black.png.ae6da00a616e86536345ea3a7e43e42e.png Pro Soft

Hey everyone,

1. Been playing golf for about 10 years, 16 handicap, high 80s/low 90s

2. Being outdoors and playing a great game for several hours, reading about it, focusing energy on it

3. Looking for truthful reviews and content. I don't know anyone here (yet)

4. From NYC and have played Van Cortlandt the most, but am looking to pivot my home course to something else in the region

5. Best = some of the best courses in the world are nearby, but (worst) they are not accessible for the average Joe. Best = there is a lot of interest in golf in the region, but (worst) they are not easy to get to without a car

6. Ex-management consultant, current Product Manager

7. Represents where I am from and where I play

Callaway Jaws 60 and 54

Titleist T300 W-5 and Tsi2 3 and 4 Hybrids

Callaway Epic Max 3W and  Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS Driver

On 7/30/2021 at 10:31 AM, cnosil said:

I know the guys from MGS have come up to play and they also said the course was great. 

Glad to hear that.  It took a ton of work, but we're super-proud of it.

On 7/30/2021 at 10:44 AM, Tat2Golf said:

Courses around me are all pretty good right now.  Private and public seem to be doing well.   Have played in several tournaments over the last few weeks, all courses have been in great shape.  

Where are you in VA?  We have spies in NoVA, here in Richmond, and at least one in Hampton Roads.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

On 7/31/2021 at 9:12 PM, HardcoreLooper said:

Glad to hear that.  It took a ton of work, but we're super-proud of it.

Where are you in VA?  We have spies in NoVA, here in Richmond, and at least one in Hampton Roads.

Southwest Va.  Roanoke/Lynchburg is probably the most known cities around me.  

Arccos Tracking

Bushnell Tour V4

This might be interesting. Name is David, I started playing around 16 with my Dad, my uncles, and my grandfather (RIP). I started with my dad's old set of wooden clubs (Dr, 3w, 5w) and irons, old putter (Dont remember the brand...think they were Macgregor's).  Played off and on after joining the Army, but not with any consistency. Really got back into it when I retired 3.5 years ago and moved back home to VA Beach, VA. By then I was playing with a full set I bought about 10 yrs ago (Stratos Knights...still had a 350cc driver).  I play at least 3 times a month now with my wife, best friend, and my Dad most times...my brother fills in when we need a 4th. Got my first set of custom fitted clubs 9 months ago. WITB?:

PXG 0811XF Driver at 9° with a Diamana shaft

PXG 0211 3w with an Aldila NVS Orange shaft

PXG 0317 4h and 5h with Aldila NVS shafts

PXG 0211 Irons 6-LW with True Temper Elevate 95 shafts

And my baby...Odessey Stroke Lab 7 putter with Triple Track!

Our home course is Honey Bee Golf Course (Par 70)...we live 3 blocks away from it.

Normally score low/mid 90's and recently posted my first sub 90 a few weeks ago!

I work from home as a Govt Contractor and Love just gettin out of the house and hanging out with my friends and family and havin a couple beers on a great golf course. If not out there...I am spending time with the kids.  The best friend I play with just got into the game a few months ago and loves it...so we have a great time. If your in the VA Beach area, hit us up if you need a couple to play with or a 4th. If I got the time and nothin on the schedule I try to make it.

Cheers to all, may your Drives be straight, your irons pure, and your putts in the back of the jar!

Play PXG all the way through the bag and an Odessey OS Seven putter with Callaway Triple Track

I have been on this forum since mid year 2020, and I am not sure if I have posted here or not.  Anyway, I live in Virginia, and have 'played' around with golf for perhaps 20 years.  When I say 'played around', I played perhaps once or twice a year. A few years ago on my birthday my wife bought me a set of fitted irons.  At the time she told me ' You have to play golf more'... I am not sure she knew what can of worms she opened!  LOL  For the first few months after the new clubs I struggled to play, mostly because I really didn't want to play alone.  I spoke with the Pro where we bought my irons and asked if they knew of anyone looking for golf partners.  She hooked my up with a great bunch of guys.  We now play at least once a week, sometimes more.  Last year we took a 'golf buddies' trip to Pinehurst and that was awesome!  It was so awesome we are going on another trip in 35 days!  For me golf fills a need and I enjoy it very much.

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

Hello everyone. New to the forum, I started golf last year. I'm from around the MD/PA line around Rt81. I'm under 100 and playing the best I can. I'm learning course management and making good decisions. My home course is a 127 slope tight mountain course. I have a fitted, mixed bag and have recently went through a very positive swing change to a draw.

Cleveland RTX Zipcore SW/LW, 2019 PXG 0211 irons 4-GW, TS2 3H, Cobra 3W, Mizuno ST200 driver

-Not brand loyal 😉

10 hours ago, Model192 said:

Hello everyone. New to the forum, I started golf last year. I'm from around the MD/PA line around Rt81. I'm under 100 and playing the best I can. I'm learning course management and making good decisions. My home course is a 127 slope tight mountain course. I have a fitted, mixed bag and have recently went through a very positive swing change to a draw.

Where do you play? I used to live in Hagerstown so know a lot of courses up that way.

3 hours ago, tchat07 said:

Where do you play? I used to live in Hagerstown so know a lot of courses up that way.

Gettysburg National(Mountain View) and Penn National mainly right now.

Cleveland RTX Zipcore SW/LW, 2019 PXG 0211 irons 4-GW, TS2 3H, Cobra 3W, Mizuno ST200 driver

-Not brand loyal 😉

5 hours ago, Model192 said:

Gettysburg National(Mountain View) and Penn National mainly right now.

I like Gettysburg.  Never played Penn National but have always wanted to.  Now I have an excuse 😉

Hello all, 

1. I've been playing since elementary school, but didn't start golfing more than a few times a summer until after college.  These previous 2ish years, I have been really trying to learn more about the swing, equipment, etc.  Currently sitting at a very inconsistent 6.1

2. No matter how many times you come back to the course, you'll never have the same round.  There are also so many ways to score well (or poorly).  Great way to spend a day out in nature with some new or old friends.  

3. I do not believe I know other spies, but I read a number of articles while I've been upgrading my bag over the past 12 months. 

4. Pittsburgh, PA - don't have a home course. I've been trying to play a new course every week or two.   

5. There are a ton of courses, especially if you are willing to make the 45-60 min drive to the PA/OH border.  The worst is there is a lot of jam packed (with people and in land area) courses around that are overpriced and over played.  Many 5+ hours rounds on the weekend.  

6. Project Coordinator for an HVAC Company (career #3) and volleyball coach

7. Initials and volleyball number

I'd love to meet some new people to golf with and try out some new courses  

Edited by MWL_9

Bag: Big Max Dri Lite Summit Black/Red
Driver: Callaway GBB Epic - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Green Small Batch "Hulk"
3 Wood: Callaway Epix Max - Aldila Ascent Red 
2 Iron: TaylorMade Stealth UDI - LA Golf A Series Hybrid
4-AW Irons: TaylorMade P790 - KBS Tour 120g Stiff (1/4" long, 2* upright)
54* & 58* Wedges: Callaway Jaws MD5
Putter: Mizuno M Craft I Blue
Ball: Vice Pro Plus