Jump to content
Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA


Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Model192 said:

Gettysburg National(Mountain View) and Penn National mainly right now.

Nice a buddy of mine played Penn National the other week and said it was great. I've never played personally but look forward to getting up there one day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have been playing golf for 39 years on and off.  Currently a 16 handicap but have been as low as an 8. Now that the kids are grown looking to get that back down closer to 10.

  2. What do you love about golf?  Love that it is you against the course.   That no matter how bad you play there is always that one shot or putt that keeps you coming back. 

  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Just found it doing a search about club fitting. 

  4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Live in Elkridge, Md in Howard county.  Planning on joining Hobbits Glen this week so that will be my home course.  This summer have been playing various courses (Timbers, Rolling Road, Eisenhower, Caves Valley, Balley Hack and a few others)

  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  To cold in the winter!!!

  6. What do you do for a living?  Finance Executive for a public company in the DC area.

  7. How’d you pick your user name? Name I use on most sites.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hey y'all,

 

Fairly new to the game as an adult but played a bunch as a kid. I have gotten the itch again and have been playing about 2-3 rounds weekly since May and am beginning to run out of some new courses around me. Anyone have any good ones they would recommend near the Poconos in PA? 

 

Til next time, go on get a movin, get yourself, yourself a movin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How long have you been playing golf? 20+ years. Started with lessons when I was really young and have played pretty much continuously since then.

What’s your handicap or normal score? Typically right around a 9 or 10 handicap.

What do you love about golf? Love being outside and walking the course. Great way to get outside and play a game I love.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Appreciate the reviews and always love talking golf.

Do you already know any other Spies? Not that I'm aware of!

Where are you from? Grew up in Northwest Illinois. Have lived in CNY since graduating college.

What is your home course? Play league at Links at Erie Village, so that's probably "home", but I try to jump around whenever I get out to play outside of league.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: Large variety of well kept courses at reasonable prices. Worst: Winter is an off-season for golf so I have to remember which end of the club to hold come April/May.

What do you do for a living? Engineer mostly focused on signal processing

How’d you pick your user name? Heard the story about Corporal Wojtek and liked the name

Driver: :titelist-small: 917-D2 (10.5° Stiff)

Woods: :ping-small: G410 (3), :Sub70: 949X (5)

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC (4-P), :Sub70: 699 Pro (3)

Putter: :ping-small: Sigma 2 Kushin C

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2021 at 8:24 AM, golfinnut said:

I like Gettysburg.  Never played Penn National but have always wanted to.  Now I have an excuse 😉

I hung out at Penn National a good but before I played golf as my HS girlfriend lived on the course. Haven’t been back to play it. 
 

I just moved from South Carolina to Hanover PA and have found there to be a lot of nice courses in the area. Played the Links at Gettysburg last week and besides the worst putting round of my life played pretty well. 

On 8/28/2021 at 10:20 PM, Cadddywhompuss said:

Hey y'all,

 

Fairly new to the game as an adult but played a bunch as a kid. I have gotten the itch again and have been playing about 2-3 rounds weekly since May and am beginning to run out of some new courses around me. Anyone have any good ones they would recommend near the Poconos in PA? 

 

Hideaway hills was always my favorite up there. Mt Airy is fun too. I lived near Allentown for a while and there are some nice courses down that way too. 

Ping G410+, 9* with draw bias weight setting, 55g Alta CB stiff shaft

Taylormade Burner 3w, stiff shaft 

Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metal 4-GW, regular flex

Cleveland CBX2 54* wedge

Cleveland Smart Sole 58* wedge

Ping Scottsdale Piper C putter

Titleist Tour Speed balls

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ahoy there. 

I bailed on another forum due to too much groupthink so I'm giving this place a shot. So anyhow I live just outside the Wilkes Barre area in PA and try and get out at least once a week. I'll play as long as the courses are open so my season ends the first hard freeze. Golf for me is a way to get my competitiveness out of my system since I no longer bowl leagues but its not a lifestyle for me. I just want to get out there and play. Don't care where. I also golf lefty but am right handed, weird huh?

 

Cobra Bio Cell Driver and 3/4 Wood, Fly Z 2-3 & 3-4 hybrids, Taylor Made Burner OS Irons, Wilson Harmonized Wedges 52 & 56, Pine Meadow PGX putter. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Spiral_Architect said:

Ahoy there. 

I bailed on another forum due to too much groupthink so I'm giving this place a shot. So anyhow I live just outside the Wilkes Barre area in PA and try and get out at least once a week. I'll play as long as the courses are open so my season ends the first hard freeze. Golf for me is a way to get my competitiveness out of my system since I no longer bowl leagues but its not a lifestyle for me. I just want to get out there and play. Don't care where. I also golf lefty but am right handed, weird huh?

 

What is 'groupthink'?

  • Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Groupthink occurs when people’s desire to maintain group loyalty becomes more important than making the best choices. People often find it hard to think and act independently in group situations. According to psychologist Irving Janis, groupthink is “a deterioration of mental efficiency, reality testing, and moral judgment that results from in-group pressures.”

it's from here https://ethicsunwrapped.utexas.edu/glossary/groupthink which goes into it much more with examples.

Thank you.  I'd likely not fit into a group like that either.

  • Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hi All,

  1. I started playing over 40 years ago put left it for quite some time.  Played on and off until a year ago when I started playing regularly again.  Never broke 100 but came close a few times.

  2. No matter how bad you play, you always hit a few that make you want to come back.

  3. I do not know any spies.  None of my golfing buddies live close. Maybe I can pick up a few rounds with locals.

  4. Finger Lakes region of western New York.  I haven't played locally in a few years so I don't have a home course.

  5. Spring, summer, and fall, the weather is wonderful.

  6. Retired:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/11/2019 at 5:20 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:
  • How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

  • What do you love about golf?

  • What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

  • Where are you from? What is your home course?

  • What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

  • What do you do for a living?

  • How’d you pick your user name?

1. I have been playing golf since I was 12. I really got serious playing in my 30s. My current handicap is a 13.

2. I really enjoy playing golf with great people, hitting that "Great Shot" in a round and golf being an outdoors sport. 

3. The believe this a one of the best sites for reviews.

4. I live in Chesapeake, VA and play most of my golf at Bide A Wee.

5. The best thing about golf in my region is that you can get some nice days to play in the winter. The worst think, some courses in Virginia have over priced green fees.

6. I am a Production Manager at a local TV station.

7. My putter! I had the "yips" so bad in 2009, I almost quit playing. My dad gave me an old broomstick putter to try and my putting problem disappeared. I do not anchor the putter!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Broomstick said:

1. I have been playing golf since I was 12. I really got serious playing in my 30s. My current handicap is a 13.

2. I really enjoy playing golf with great people, hitting that "Great Shot" in a round and golf being an outdoors sport. 

3. The believe this a one of the best sites for reviews.

4. I live in Chesapeake, VA and play most of my golf at Bide A Wee.

5. The best thing about golf in my region is that you can get some nice days to play in the winter. The worst think, some courses in Virginia have over priced green fees.

6. I am a Production Manager at a local TV station.

7. My putter! I had the "yips" so bad in 2009, I almost quit playing. My dad gave me an old broomstick putter to try and my putting problem disappeared. I do not anchor the putter!

Welcome fellow Virginian! 

  • Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hello from Midlothian, Virginia (pretty much a suburb of Richmond for those who aren't familiar with it).

  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I played when I was in may late teens and 20s and then picked it back up about 8 months ago.  I don't have a calculated handicap but have been shooting in the high 80s.

  2. What do you love about golf? Can't beat imagining how I'd like a shot to go and then pulling off exactly that shot.  

  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Learn from fellow Spies and camaraderie.  I don't know other Spies that I'm aware of but there seem to be so many that I wouldn't be surprised if I already know someone.

  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Midlothian VA - Brandermill Country Club

  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - year round golf, Worst - natural grass range area closed in winter and the mats around here all seem to be missing the insert to hold a standard tee.

  6. What do you do for a living? Commercial construction project management.

  7. How’d you pick your user name? First initial and last name.  

:titelist-small: TSi2 10
:titelist-small: TSi2 FW 15
:titelist-small: TSi2 H 18, 24
:titelist-small: T300 6-PW
:taylormade-small: MG3 50, 56, 60
:odyssey-small: OG 1
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact (brilliant red since the eyes aren't what they used to be)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome @rsmallenberg to MGS!  I'm in NVA ... Leesburg actually.  I get down to your neck of the woods a lot ... my beach house is down near Poquoson.  

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/10/2022 at 5:51 PM, rsmallenberg said:

Hello from Midlothian, Virginia (pretty much a suburb of Richmond for those who aren't familiar with it).

  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I played when I was in may late teens and 20s and then picked it back up about 8 months ago.  I don't have a calculated handicap but have been shooting in the high 80s.

  2. What do you love about golf? Can't beat imagining how I'd like a shot to go and then pulling off exactly that shot.  

  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Learn from fellow Spies and camaraderie.  I don't know other Spies that I'm aware of but there seem to be so many that I wouldn't be surprised if I already know someone.

  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Midlothian VA - Brandermill Country Club

  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - year round golf, Worst - natural grass range area closed in winter and the mats around here all seem to be missing the insert to hold a standard tee.

  6. What do you do for a living? Commercial construction project management.

  7. How’d you pick your user name? First initial and last name.  

Welcome to the group!  Always happy to see a fellow Virginian.

  • Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Guys and Gals!!! I'm Richard... Sharing my time between New York and Florida!!! Playing since I'm 13, so almost 40 years now... 

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ~John Stuart Mill

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope." ~Winston Churchill

Gaming: Woods: Cobra Radspeed XB Driver, 3W, 5W, Cobra KING Forged TEC 4-PW, Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 48*/10* F Grind, 54*/12* D Grind, 60*/12* D Grind, Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron Special Select Fastback 1.5 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Happy Belated New Years to the group.

First time I've had a chacne to check into this thread this year.   Let's hope 2022 gets sorted out quickly and we can all enjoy a year of golf and golf travel for those that want to do so.

As such, I am in the planning (in my head) stages of a group outing this summer.  

My intitial thoughts just to give some ideas.

It likely would be just outside the DC Metro area, in the Maryland side.

Probably a weekend in July (due to a personal and work schedule, that's pretty much the target)

2 day event, with Golf Saturday and Sunday and overnight accomodatins on site at the facility, for those that want to play both days and made a bit of a drive.

but open to those that can play either saturday or sunday only as well.   

So just spitballing maybe a group of 8 to 12 that play both days and stayovernight and maybe another dozen or so tht can make it on eithier one of the other days. 

Format would be very casual and fun, due to the that part of it, but we would try to incorporate some things that add some competive spirt.  

it would nto be an Official MGS outing, but I would extned the invite to the guys and ladies at HQ in case any of them are interested.

possible prizes or swag form OEM, but nothing too grand.

Those are the thoughts right now.  

I dont' want to say the location at this point, as it's nothing confirmed. 

 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Happy Belated New Years to the group.

First time I've had a chacne to check into this thread this year.   Let's hope 2022 gets sorted out quickly and we can all enjoy a year of golf and golf travel for those that want to do so.

As such, I am in the planning (in my head) stages of a group outing this summer.  

My intitial thoughts just to give some ideas.

It likely would be just outside the DC Metro area, in the Maryland side.

Probably a weekend in July (due to a personal and work schedule, that's pretty much the target)

2 day event, with Golf Saturday and Sunday and overnight accomodatins on site at the facility, for those that want to play both days and made a bit of a drive.

but open to those that can play either saturday or sunday only as well.   

So just spitballing maybe a group of 8 to 12 that play both days and stayovernight and maybe another dozen or so tht can make it on eithier one of the other days. 

Format would be very casual and fun, due to the that part of it, but we would try to incorporate some things that add some competive spirt.  

it would nto be an Official MGS outing, but I would extned the invite to the guys and ladies at HQ in case any of them are interested.

possible prizes or swag form OEM, but nothing too grand.

Those are the thoughts right now.  

I dont' want to say the location at this point, as it's nothing confirmed. 

 

Keep us updated!

  • Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Paul Hedrick said:

Keep us updated!

Definitely will. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would be interested!

   Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

     Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

                         9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

    Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Air Force is moving me from Omaha to Carlisle Barracks in Carlisle, PA in July, so I guess it’s time to start poking around this thread.  Any scoop on courses I need to make sure I play in that area would be appreciated.  Hoping the new location helps me link up and meet some fellow spies!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

            :taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

new guy here from SE PA

  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  been playing golf for about 25'ish years...started late, not into my mid 20's.  my usual round is mid to high 80's....not lately though, haven't played much.

  2. What do you love about golf?  competition is always fun. that and getting to play with my dad and brothers.  

  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  looking for a new site to talk golf and other things.  I'm coming from another site, that site was too "in-crowd" for me.  i don't know any other spies yet

  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? SE PA, i golf a lot at Bella-Vista and Raven's Claw

  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - tons of courses, there must be 20 courses within 20 miles of me.  worst- after mid Septembers it starts to get cold and we usually pack it in until late march, so lots of down time.

  6. What do you do for a living? own my own business

  7. How’d you pick your user name? just thought of something with "golf" in it.  must have tried 10 other names before it said ok....lol

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum  @Golfnerd that is an area with a boatload of courses.  I grew up there and there were a lot of courses to pick from within 1/2 hour drive....and that was before Ravens Claw, Turtle Creek and Linfield National were built.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/1/2022 at 4:23 AM, Golfnerd said:

new guy here from SE PA

  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  been playing golf for about 25'ish years...started late, not into my mid 20's.  my usual round is mid to high 80's....not lately though, haven't played much.

  2. What do you love about golf?  competition is always fun. that and getting to play with my dad and brothers.  

  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  looking for a new site to talk golf and other things.  I'm coming from another site, that site was too "in-crowd" for me.  i don't know any other spies yet

  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? SE PA, i golf a lot at Bella-Vista and Raven's Claw

  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - tons of courses, there must be 20 courses within 20 miles of me.  worst- after mid Septembers it starts to get cold and we usually pack it in until late march, so lots of down time.

  6. What do you do for a living? own my own business

  7. How’d you pick your user name? just thought of something with "golf" in it.  must have tried 10 other names before it said ok....lol

 

Welcome aboard!

please follow this sites:

https://adultcams.name/

https://sexcams.name

https://livesexcams.name/

Edited by remepisu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The July get together sounds fun. It will make me check in more to ensure I get details.  January was the first month since March where I didn’t get out once (joined a club for first time last March). Hopefully I can queue something in this month. I think we are having a tournament at the club (Hartefeld) this month. I’m reasonably sure I golfed more in 2021 than I did in my life combined before that (I’m 55). Started March as a 27 index. Ended at 16. Think I’ll book some time with the pro this year to make a push for single digits. 
 

would love to try to meet up with some spies this year too.  Now that I’m feeling a bit better about my game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  1. I played for about 6+ years (2nd grade to a bit in high school), then I didn't play at all for about 10 years and actually 2021 summer was my first season back. My average score is about 93

  2. I love how I can just have a nice time out with my friends on a nice sunny day

  3. I have seen a couple of posts from MyGolfSpy and it was interesting so decided to join the community

  4. I am from Seoul, South Korea, but my home I would say is Legacy Golf Club in Ottawa Lake, MI, I spent 5 years of my youth in Toledo.

  5. Best thing about golf in Virginia is that there are so many fun course but the worst is the rain

  6. I am a graduate student currently, but I will be working as a consultant in Chicago, IL upon graduation 

  7. My nickname is my username

:titelist-small: TSi2 Driver 

:titelist-small: TSi2 Fairway

:titelist-small: TSi2 Hybrid

:titelist-small:T200 4-pw (2019)

:vokey-small:SM8 52, 56, 60

:ping-small: Anser putter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, jellomo said:
  1. I played for about 6+ years (2nd grade to a bit in high school), then I didn't play at all for about 10 years and actually 2021 summer was my first season back. My average score is about 93

  2. I love how I can just have a nice time out with my friends on a nice sunny day

  3. I have seen a couple of posts from MyGolfSpy and it was interesting so decided to join the community

  4. I am from Seoul, South Korea, but my home I would say is Legacy Golf Club in Ottawa Lake, MI, I spent 5 years of my youth in Toledo.

  5. Best thing about golf in Virginia is that there are so many fun course but the worst is the rain

  6. I am a graduate student currently, but I will be working as a consultant in Chicago, IL upon graduation 

  7. My nickname is my username

Welcome to the group!  Alway glad to see fellow Virginian's here.

  • Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2022 at 10:28 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Happy Belated New Years to the group.

First time I've had a chacne to check into this thread this year.   Let's hope 2022 gets sorted out quickly and we can all enjoy a year of golf and golf travel for those that want to do so.

As such, I am in the planning (in my head) stages of a group outing this summer.  

My intitial thoughts just to give some ideas.

It likely would be just outside the DC Metro area, in the Maryland side.

Probably a weekend in July (due to a personal and work schedule, that's pretty much the target)

2 day event, with Golf Saturday and Sunday and overnight accomodatins on site at the facility, for those that want to play both days and made a bit of a drive.

but open to those that can play either saturday or sunday only as well.   

So just spitballing maybe a group of 8 to 12 that play both days and stayovernight and maybe another dozen or so tht can make it on eithier one of the other days. 

Format would be very casual and fun, due to the that part of it, but we would try to incorporate some things that add some competive spirt.  

it would nto be an Official MGS outing, but I would extned the invite to the guys and ladies at HQ in case any of them are interested.

possible prizes or swag form OEM, but nothing too grand.

Those are the thoughts right now.  

I dont' want to say the location at this point, as it's nothing confirmed. 

 

Would be interested in something like this in the summer!  Would probably be one of the one-dayers, with kids at home and whatnot.

Cobra Speedzone 9.0*, Graphite Design Tour AD-MT 6x shaft

Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour 14.5* 3 wood, Graphite Design Tour AD-GT 7x shaft

Titleist TS2 19* hybrid, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95x Hybrid shaft

Mizuno MP20 HMB 3 iron, KBS $-Taper 120 shaft

Srixon Z565 4 iron, Srizon Z765 5 iron - PW,KBS C-Taper 120 shaft

Callaway MD5 Jaws 50*/10 S grind

Callaway Jaws Full Toe 56*

Scotty Cameron Futura 5w

Srixon Z-Star XV balls

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/6/2021 at 8:56 AM, Patexan said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing for about 20 years, but usually it has been infrequent over the course of a season due to kids, work, life. I recently stopped travelling for work and my kids are out of the house, so I'm hoping to lower my handicap and get better.  I usually shoot ~ 90 but I've been known to go higher and lower.

  2. What do you love about golf? I love the outdoors and being around other people.  I like the competition but I'd like it more if I got better or could be consistent. 

  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I read a review about something and just kept coming back for more.  I love the podcast and the fact you do testing to hold companies accountable to their claims.   

  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I've lived all over, but am in Hershey, PA area for now.  I live closest to Manada Golf Club in Grantville, PA, but there are several decent courses around me.  My favorite course is Penn National Golf Club near Chambersburg, PA.  

  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best- decent places to play for not too much money ($35-40 prime time.   Worst - wish I could play year round.

  6. What do you do for a living? Work as an IT consultant for a major software company

  7. How’d you pick your user name? I graduated from the University of Texas and ended up in PA.  Seemed logical. 

I live in Mount Joy, PA, not too far from Grantville.  I have a co-worker who lives there and plays Manada a bunch.  I live on Highlands of Donegal in Mount Joy if you ever want to meet up for a round!

Cobra Speedzone 9.0*, Graphite Design Tour AD-MT 6x shaft

Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour 14.5* 3 wood, Graphite Design Tour AD-GT 7x shaft

Titleist TS2 19* hybrid, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95x Hybrid shaft

Mizuno MP20 HMB 3 iron, KBS $-Taper 120 shaft

Srixon Z565 4 iron, Srizon Z765 5 iron - PW,KBS C-Taper 120 shaft

Callaway MD5 Jaws 50*/10 S grind

Callaway Jaws Full Toe 56*

Scotty Cameron Futura 5w

Srixon Z-Star XV balls

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...