Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

GolfSpy MPR

Any central Jersey guys here? Looking to find some people to play with!  

Im near Princeton 

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:EVNROLL: ER1v #CustomER

:titelist-small: ProV1

On 7/30/2021 at 10:31 AM, cnosil said:

I know the guys from MGS have come up to play and they also said the course was great. 

Glad to hear that.  It took a ton of work, but we're super-proud of it.

On 7/30/2021 at 10:44 AM, Tat2Golf said:

Courses around me are all pretty good right now.  Private and public seem to be doing well.   Have played in several tournaments over the last few weeks, all courses have been in great shape.  

Where are you in VA?  We have spies in NoVA, here in Richmond, and at least one in Hampton Roads.

• Like 1

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
GW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :taylormade-small: TP5X Pix
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

On 7/31/2021 at 9:12 PM, HardcoreLooper said:

Glad to hear that.  It took a ton of work, but we're super-proud of it.

Where are you in VA?  We have spies in NoVA, here in Richmond, and at least one in Hampton Roads.

Southwest Va.  Roanoke/Lynchburg is probably the most known cities around me.  

Arccos Tracking

Bushnell Tour V4

Driver: 0811X+ Proto 10.5 Flat standard setting Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 6.0

Fairway: 0341X Proto 3W Big+ Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70-S | 5W 0341X Proto Big+ Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70-S

Irons: 0311P GEN3 IRONS 2 flat Project X LZ 120G S 5-GW

Hybrid: 0317X 19 Proto Small+ Hzrdus Smoke Black 80-S

Weges: 54 and 58 Forged Wedges Project X LZ 

Putter: Battle Ready Mustang 33" Double Bend

Ball: Pro V1X

This might be interesting. Name is David, I started playing around 16 with my Dad, my uncles, and my grandfather (RIP). I started with my dad's old set of wooden clubs (Dr, 3w, 5w) and irons, old putter (Dont remember the brand...think they were Macgregor's).  Played off and on after joining the Army, but not with any consistency. Really got back into it when I retired 3.5 years ago and moved back home to VA Beach, VA. By then I was playing with a full set I bought about 10 yrs ago (Stratos Knights...still had a 350cc driver).  I play at least 3 times a month now with my wife, best friend, and my Dad most times...my brother fills in when we need a 4th. Got my first set of custom fitted clubs 9 months ago. WITB?:

PXG 0811XF Driver at 9° with a Diamana shaft

PXG 0211 3w with an Aldila NVS Orange shaft

PXG 0317 4h and 5h with Aldila NVS shafts

PXG 0211 Irons 6-LW with True Temper Elevate 95 shafts

And my baby...Odessey Stroke Lab 7 putter with Triple Track!

Our home course is Honey Bee Golf Course (Par 70)...we live 3 blocks away from it.

Normally score low/mid 90's and recently posted my first sub 90 a few weeks ago!

I work from home as a Govt Contractor and Love just gettin out of the house and hanging out with my friends and family and havin a couple beers on a great golf course. If not out there...I am spending time with the kids.  The best friend I play with just got into the game a few months ago and loves it...so we have a great time. If your in the VA Beach area, hit us up if you need a couple to play with or a 4th. If I got the time and nothin on the schedule I try to make it.

Cheers to all, may your Drives be straight, your irons pure, and your putts in the back of the jar!

• Like 1

Play PXG all the way through the bag and an Odessey OS Seven putter with Callaway Triple Track

I have been on this forum since mid year 2020, and I am not sure if I have posted here or not.  Anyway, I live in Virginia, and have 'played' around with golf for perhaps 20 years.  When I say 'played around', I played perhaps once or twice a year. A few years ago on my birthday my wife bought me a set of fitted irons.  At the time she told me ' You have to play golf more'... I am not sure she knew what can of worms she opened!  LOL  For the first few months after the new clubs I struggled to play, mostly because I really didn't want to play alone.  I spoke with the Pro where we bought my irons and asked if they knew of anyone looking for golf partners.  She hooked my up with a great bunch of guys.  We now play at least once a week, sometimes more.  Last year we took a 'golf buddies' trip to Pinehurst and that was awesome!  It was so awesome we are going on another trip in 35 days!  For me golf fills a need and I enjoy it very much.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Bag        1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png     C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg                Epic Flash
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 3 & GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Irons       635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png         Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges 635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png         CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter     Seemore3.jpg.f4ef99613c6f9407a7e1a0a6ce56bf3e.jpg      Seemore Si1
  • 2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.1a396eb0e7a56229c153cfe6bb5b7435.jpg

1 hour ago, Paul Hedrick said:

I have been on this forum since mid year 2020, and I am not sure if I have posted here or not.  Anyway, I live in Virginia, and have 'played' around with golf for perhaps 20 years.  When I say 'played around', I played perhaps once or twice a year. A few years ago on my birthday my wife bought me a set of fitted irons.  At the time she told me ' You have to play golf more'... I am not sure she knew what can of worms she opened!  LOL  For the first few months after the new clubs I struggled to play, mostly because I really didn't want to play alone.  I spoke with the Pro where we bought my irons and asked if they knew of anyone looking for golf partners.  She hooked my up with a great bunch of guys.  We now play at least once a week, sometimes more.  Last year we took a 'golf buddies' trip to Pinehurst and that was awesome!  It was so awesome we are going on another trip in 35 days!  For me golf fills a need and I enjoy it very much.

Great story and not unlike my own that is back on page 17 maybe?  Great to have you posting here and though I am up in Western NY it would be great to cross paths one day.  Until then I hope to read many more of your posts. 👍

• Like 2

Verified Hack, 23 handicap 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: O'Donnell Triumph hybrids 10-15-19-27 graphite, Ginty Trouble Club steel

|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-P  Spitfire Graphite XL Shafts

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1       

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳   1435280570_COBALTicon25tall.jpg.31b6f5458d409c6539d66b88e728a841.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️  572101405_SwingUicon25.jpg.ef5d6308ca59444daedc3e24214e87d9.jpgSwingU Looper  

💻  1308581734_EPLogoxsm.jpg.93b58a256c00a74e47a35314305b477f.jpgMGS Logo  🌐  1590215503_dghLogo30.jpg.f5abb718a74e4d05c07131656bb13e78.jpgBall mark   |>   IGBRC   [International Golf Ball Rescue Committee] "playing the best found balls" -Founder-

1231925043_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.f5b3c2e4a88708f6a6b5d3e143d9cba8.png PGA HOPE Member 2138091835_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.47a28d11828bd99f0147b9eee5c17ec4.png  "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member 

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png  2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes 1398724741_Inesislogo.jpg.34e215e2c1310a7b31d310ab89f4c188.jpg

Hello everyone. New to the forum, I started golf last year. I'm from around the MD/PA line around Rt81. I'm under 100 and playing the best I can. I'm learning course management and making good decisions. My home course is a 127 slope tight mountain course. I have a fitted, mixed bag and have recently went through a very positive swing change to a draw.

• Like 6

Cleveland RTX Zipcore SW/LW, 2019 PXG 0211 irons 4-GW, TS2 3H, Cobra 3W, Mizuno ST200 driver

-Not brand loyal 😉

10 hours ago, Model192 said:

Hello everyone. New to the forum, I started golf last year. I'm from around the MD/PA line around Rt81. I'm under 100 and playing the best I can. I'm learning course management and making good decisions. My home course is a 127 slope tight mountain course. I have a fitted, mixed bag and have recently went through a very positive swing change to a draw.

Where do you play? I used to live in Hagerstown so know a lot of courses up that way.

3 hours ago, tchat07 said:

Where do you play? I used to live in Hagerstown so know a lot of courses up that way.

Gettysburg National(Mountain View) and Penn National mainly right now.

• Like 2

Cleveland RTX Zipcore SW/LW, 2019 PXG 0211 irons 4-GW, TS2 3H, Cobra 3W, Mizuno ST200 driver

-Not brand loyal 😉

5 hours ago, Model192 said:

I like Gettysburg.  Never played Penn National but have always wanted to.  Now I have an excuse 😉

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     TSi2 9* Project X HZRDUS RDX Smoke C3 setting

Fairways   HZRDUS Smoke 13.5* & 19* C3 setting

Driving Iron:   U500 17* Fujikura Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   T300 4 & 5 iron, T200 6 - W Project X 6.0 1* up

Wedges   SM7 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter    Newport 2

Ball   2020 ProV1

Hello all, 

1. I've been playing since elementary school, but didn't start golfing more than a few times a summer until after college.  These previous 2ish years, I have been really trying to learn more about the swing, equipment, etc.  Currently sitting at a very inconsistent 6.1

2. No matter how many times you come back to the course, you'll never have the same round.  There are also so many ways to score well (or poorly).  Great way to spend a day out in nature with some new or old friends.  

3. I do not believe I know other spies, but I read a number of articles while I've been upgrading my bag over the past 12 months. 

4. Pittsburgh, PA - don't have a home course. I've been trying to play a new course every week or two.   

5. There are a ton of courses, especially if you are willing to make the 45-60 min drive to the PA/OH border.  The worst is there is a lot of jam packed (with people and in land area) courses around that are overpriced and over played.  Many 5+ hours rounds on the weekend.  

6. Project Coordinator for an HVAC Company (career #3) and volleyball coach

7. Initials and volleyball number

I'd love to meet some new people to golf with and try out some new courses  

Edited by MWL_9
  • Like 2

Bag: Big Max Dri Lite Summit Black/Red

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic

3 Wood: Callaway Epix Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke iM10 60g

4-AW Irons: TaylorMade P790 - KBS Tour 120g Stiff *fitted

52* & 56* Wedges: Cleveland RTX4

60* Wedge: Cleveland CG15

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour

Ball: Vice Pro Plus or whatever premium ball was on sale recently

9 hours ago, Model192 said:

Nice a buddy of mine played Penn National the other week and said it was great. I've never played personally but look forward to getting up there one day.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have been playing golf for 39 years on and off.  Currently a 16 handicap but have been as low as an 8. Now that the kids are grown looking to get that back down closer to 10.

2. What do you love about golf?  Love that it is you against the course.   That no matter how bad you play there is always that one shot or putt that keeps you coming back. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Just found it doing a search about club fitting. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Live in Elkridge, Md in Howard county.  Planning on joining Hobbits Glen this week so that will be my home course.  This summer have been playing various courses (Timbers, Rolling Road, Eisenhower, Caves Valley, Balley Hack and a few others)

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  To cold in the winter!!!

6. What do you do for a living?  Finance Executive for a public company in the DC area.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Name I use on most sites.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey y'all,

Fairly new to the game as an adult but played a bunch as a kid. I have gotten the itch again and have been playing about 2-3 rounds weekly since May and am beginning to run out of some new courses around me. Anyone have any good ones they would recommend near the Poconos in PA? 

• Like 4

Til next time, go on get a movin, get yourself, yourself a movin

How long have you been playing golf? 20+ years. Started with lessons when I was really young and have played pretty much continuously since then.

What’s your handicap or normal score? Typically right around a 9 or 10 handicap.

What do you love about golf? Love being outside and walking the course. Great way to get outside and play a game I love.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Appreciate the reviews and always love talking golf.

Do you already know any other Spies? Not that I'm aware of!

Where are you from? Grew up in Northwest Illinois. Have lived in CNY since graduating college.

What is your home course? Play league at Links at Erie Village, so that's probably "home", but I try to jump around whenever I get out to play outside of league.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: Large variety of well kept courses at reasonable prices. Worst: Winter is an off-season for golf so I have to remember which end of the club to hold come April/May.

What do you do for a living? Engineer mostly focused on signal processing

How’d you pick your user name? Heard the story about Corporal Wojtek and liked the name

• Like 1

Driver: :titelist-small: 917-D2 (10.5° Stiff)

Woods: :ping-small: G410 (3), :taylormade-small: Burner SF 3.0 (5)

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC (4-P), :Sub70: 699 Pro (3)

Putter: :ping-small: Sigma 2 Kushin C

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2021 at 8:24 AM, golfinnut said:

I like Gettysburg.  Never played Penn National but have always wanted to.  Now I have an excuse 😉

I hung out at Penn National a good but before I played golf as my HS girlfriend lived on the course. Haven’t been back to play it. 

I just moved from South Carolina to Hanover PA and have found there to be a lot of nice courses in the area. Played the Links at Gettysburg last week and besides the worst putting round of my life played pretty well. 

On 8/28/2021 at 10:20 PM, Cadddywhompuss said:

Hey y'all,

Fairly new to the game as an adult but played a bunch as a kid. I have gotten the itch again and have been playing about 2-3 rounds weekly since May and am beginning to run out of some new courses around me. Anyone have any good ones they would recommend near the Poconos in PA? 

Hideaway hills was always my favorite up there. Mt Airy is fun too. I lived near Allentown for a while and there are some nice courses down that way too. 

• Like 2

Ping G410+, 9* with draw bias weight setting, 55g Alta CB stiff shaft

Taylormade Burner 3w, stiff shaft 

Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metal 4-GW, regular flex

Cleveland CBX2 54* wedge

Cleveland Smart Sole 58* wedge

Ping Scottsdale Piper C putter

Titleist Tour Speed balls

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ahoy there. 

I bailed on another forum due to too much groupthink so I'm giving this place a shot. So anyhow I live just outside the Wilkes Barre area in PA and try and get out at least once a week. I'll play as long as the courses are open so my season ends the first hard freeze. Golf for me is a way to get my competitiveness out of my system since I no longer bowl leagues but its not a lifestyle for me. I just want to get out there and play. Don't care where. I also golf lefty but am right handed, weird huh?

Cobra Bio Cell Driver and 3/4 Wood, Fly Z 2-3 & 3-4 hybrids, Taylor Made Burner OS Irons, Wilson Harmonized Wedges 52 & 56, Pine Meadow PGX putter.