Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
GolfSpy MPR

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

MGS New Member Introduction: Southeast Region

Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Florida

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

How long have you been playing golf? Since I graduated college in 2010 so about 9 years.

What’s your handicap or normal score? Official is 4.something. But with my son, I don’t play as much (thus I can’t enter in more scores) and I’m playing closer to a 10 now.

What do you love about golf? You can’t ever beat the game. It’s an ever ending journey to becoming better. And it’s the only sport where you can (for the most part) play where the pros play.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I find myself seeking out the most wanted testing for every club every year now so I figured I join the discussions!

Do you already know any other Spies? Not outside of the forum.

Where are you from? Marietta, Georgia.

What is your home course? A little muni near work. Nothing special but it’s cheap and gets me hitting balls weekly if I want.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is it’s year round golf. Rarely do courses ever close. Worst thing is how effing hot it gets in June, July, August. And honestly there’s just not much really good public golf.

What do you do for a living? I’m an Athletic Trainer and I work in the sports medicine department for a large hospital system in Georgia.

How’d you pick your user name? My sons initials plus his birthday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1. How long have you been playing golf? Stopped for 16 years in between a total of 14 years. Only 3 since I started back up.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score?     Was in the low to mid 80’s. Now in mid 90’s.

3. What do you love about golf?          Competing against friends, the Course and myself.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Followed it on instagram to become more familiar with the ever changing equipment. Info I feel I can trust.

5.  Do you already know any other Spies?    Nope

6. Where are you from?  Miami, Fl

7. What is your home course? Split between, The Biltmore, Shula’s, Palmetto Golf Course, Miami Springs, and Key Biscayne. 

8.  What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The weather and The Weather!

9. What do you do for a living? Baseball Coach

10.  How’d you pick your user name? my Initials and my game! 

• Like 1

I joined a MGS forums a few months ago and never created a introduction thread so here's a great chance.  

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing since I was 7, so 28 years. I'm currently a 7.0 handicap but I'm working hard to get it under 5.0 at least that's my goal for 2019. 

2. What do you love about golf? The competition with yourself and others. The parallels to golf and life, example good shots produce bad lies sometimes and its how you deal with them that shows your character and resolve. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? The reviews are awesome and insanely informative. The Forum seems filled with great people as well. I don't think I know any in real life. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Crossville, TN, The Golf Capital of TN is our motto. Bear Trace at Cumberland Mountian is where I play most of my rounds. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best things would be some of the great local courses I have to play on. Worst is probably not having a ton of people to play with regularly but I'm always working to fix that. 

6. What do you do for a living? Professional Civil Engineer working for State Transportation Dept. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Nickname from College. Played baseball and apparently my teammates were impressed by my ability to do dips... 

• Like 1

1. How long have you been playing golf? Started in my late 20s when I moved to Cali,
    What’s your handicap or normal score? 9.0

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge of you and the course, competition.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Seen what out there, getting feed back from other golf enthusiast have to say and recommend, Do you already know any other Spies? NO

4. Where are you from? Currently living in Dallas, TX, What is your home course? Firewheel Golf Course

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Weather

6. What do you do for a living? IT 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Had it since HS

• Like 1