Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Greetings fellow duffers! My name is MJ. I've been swinging a club since the age of 4 and learned the game in Western Kentucky. I played competitively up until about sophomore year of college and now just like to enjoy the game at my own pace. I've spent time as an Assistant Golf Pro at a public course and volunteer for the local First Tee program, probably play about 20-30 rounds a year now.

The game has always been an important part of my life. Learning the sport from my mom and dad at a young age, I've always cherished the traditions and history of the game. I currently play at about a 7 handicap (young toddlers have kept me from the practice range ;) and am still in search of my first ace.

I stumbled across the forum in a random Google search and hope to just share some good golfversation. I get a little stir crazy for golf in the winter months - as opportunities to play aren't as plentiful as I'd like in Western KY. I work in digital marketing and web analytics, but hope to find my way back into the golf industry someday.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? All my life. 5

2. What do you love about golf? Everything

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?I love the most wanted data

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Live in Bluffton SC and play at Hilton Head National most

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Golf everywhere but some are pricey.

6. What do you do for a living? Pediatric Occupational Therapist

7. How’d you pick your user name? Long story

On 2/11/2019 at 4:25 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Southeast Region

Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Florida

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

1.  I've been playing on and off for about 30 years. I am a 13 handicap. 

2.  It's very addictive. I always have 1 shot that keeps me going back!

3.  I checked out MGS and liked it immediately. 

4.  I'm from Jacksonville, NC. I usually play at Crosswinds in Bowling Green, KY. 

5. Winter=No golf. Good thing =  There are plenty decent courses to choose from. 

6.  I work at a Kroger owned factory. Going on 25 years. 

7.  I picked my name by 1st initial, 1st part of mom's maiden name, and vday. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing golf right at 11 years. My handicap is right around a 7. Typically runs a little higher in the colder months and a little lower as it warms up. 

2. What do you love about golf? Everything. Competition, the camaraderie, hanging out with the fellas, drinking a few cold ones, relaxation, time away from work, the difficulty of the game, the beauty of the game, beautiful courses, strategy in a good round, pulling off a tough shot, team events, and just overall fun of the game. That one shot that keeps you coming back, time after time.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Stumbled upon the twitter account and have begun to delve into the site more and more for equipment advice and various other information on the game. I do not know any other folks on here yet. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in Easley, SC, just south of Greenville. I don't have a home course that I am a member of but play probably 50% of my golf at Pebble Creek CC as well as about 10-15 others in the area. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Overall weather is probably the best thing as year round play is pretty typical. Heat is probably the worst part in the summers, we typically have about 2-3 months of 90+ temps with very high humidity.

6. What do you do for a living? I am an estimator/project manager for a commercial construction company. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? It is the same handle I use for most of my social media accounts and is easy to remember. 

Hey great to be a part of this community. My username said it all. Married once then had to get a divorce. She said me or golf. I chose golf and have been happily married to golf ever since. Been golfing since i was 14 and I'm 42 now. I absolutely love this game. From east Tn and can't wait to meet fellow lovers of this game.

Good morning, everyone,

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Though I started at age 8, it was start-stop over the decades until the mid-2000's. I've been playing regularly since 2007.

2. What do you love about golf?  Every day and every shot is unique. Plus, I love the ideal that if you play golf, you're my friend.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? MyGolfSpy has had my email for awhile and I enjoy reading the articles. I love the honest assessments. I'm afraid I don't know any other Spies. If I do, I'm unaware.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Anniston, Alabama, and my home course is Pine Hill CC.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best is that you can play almost year-round.  The worst is that it can get awfully hot and humid at times.

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a business professor.

7. How’d you pick your user name? 2 of my favorite apostles.

Driver: Mizuno ST190 HL

Fairway: Mizuno ST190 3 & 5 woods

Hybrids: Mizuno CLK 22* & 25*

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 6 - GW

Wedges: Mizuno JPX 54* & 58*

Putter: Evnroll ER2

Ball: Snell MTB Black

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?    I started playing golf around the age of 12 and I'm 34 now, so just over 20 years.  I don't have an official handicap but I usually shoot in the mid to low 80's. 

2. What do you love about golf?  The good weather is probably the best part of golf.  Being outside in the warmth and sunshine can't be beat.  Plus nothing feels better than when you finish a hole knowing each shot you took on that hole felt perfect and you got rewarded with a birdie. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I like to read about the new and upcoming equipment and what's out there that can help improve my game.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I'm originally from Pittsburgh, PA but now live in Raleigh, NC.  I don't have a "home course" but as I'm still kind of new to Raleigh, I've been trying to travel around and play as many of the public courses as possible.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Prices can be expensive for the quality/condition of the course.  I feel like back in Pittsburgh a great public course in excellent spring/summer conditions would cost about $55 bucks.  Here in Raleigh, I feel like that's the cost of the "lower end" public courses and if you want to play a course that's in great shape you'll have to shell out $80+

6. What do you do for a living?  I work in the compliance department of a specialty eating disorder health system that started in North Carolina and has since expanded to several states. 

7. How’d you pick your user name?  My last name and my hockey number from when I was in high school

• 3 weeks later...
  1. I've been playing golf for a long time, 25 plus years.  Id say I really started playing around 13 (Turn 39 this year) , in the local Augusta Area Junior Golf Tournaments.  Never came close to a leader board though.  Yes I've been to the Masters.  My handicap is as low as its been ever - 3.8.  My average score this year so far is 78.

2. Why do I like it?  Honestly, because I'm relatively good at it.  There's always a goal to set and achieve.  The goal this year is to shoot 72. 

3. Why MyGolfSpy? Basically I'm a data and equipment nerd.  Half of my clubs are Most Wanted.  

4. Originally from Augusta, GA.  Live in Columbia, SC now and play at Spring Valley County Club.

5. The best thing and worst thing is the Proximity to Augusta and Myrtle Beach.  Golf is dog crap in Columbia compared to Augusta.  The NICEST club in Columbia is no where close to, heck even the County Course (Bartram Trail) in the Augusta Area.  We're about two and a half hours from Myrtle - where golf is plentiful and cheap.

6. I own an e-commerce company.  

7. AIM

:callaway-small: Rogue 9° Tour AD-DI 7S , XR Pro 16° PX LZ 6.0 

:cobra-small: King F7 19° Fuji Pro 75H

:ping-small: i25 5-W DG S300 White Dot

:callaway-small: MD3 50°, 54°, 58° DG S400 3 UP

:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Double Wide 35'

New to the thread game here, but looking forward to engaging with other golfers in the area.  Recently had an opportunity to play Pinehurst No. 2, Forest Creek, and Tobacco Road in NC.  An amazing golf trip, looking forward to more in the future.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Been playing for about 17 years now, my handicap matches that stretch of years.

2. What do you love about golf?  Everything, form the architecture, to the competition amongst pals, but most importantly that feeling when you get when you strike it pure. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  The intel you get on new equipment, courses, just a great place for information.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Tampa, Fl.  Play a number of places locally.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? There's lots to choose from, but the varying conditions of courses make them a bit inconsistent at times.

6. What do you do for a living? Sales

7. How’d you pick your user name?  No particular method 

On 2/11/2019 at 5:25 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Southeast Region

Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Florida

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? 25yrs or so

2. What’s your handicap or normal score?6-7. High 70's

3. What do you love about golf?everything 

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?interested in golf and seeing what other golfers think about various topics.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? South Florida. Atlantis CC

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?LOTS of play and long rounds.  Best part is great courses and a lot of options.

7. What do you do for a living? Mechanical Contractor 

8. How’d you pick your user name? Really? 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 2yrs

2. What do you love about golf? Being outside and the challenge.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? No

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Castle Bay in Hampstead NC

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Rain and weather.

6. What do you do for a living? Medical coder

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's my name that I use daily. Lol 😎

I am 35 years old and have been playing golf ever since I can remember. Currently I’m a +2 handicap. 

I love golf because you are outside and in the beauty’s of nature. As my love has grown it’s a way for me to spend quality time with my kids. 

I followed mygolfspy through Instagram and loved the reviews and it was a way of seeing what new equipment is out there. 

I am from Greensburg, KY. I have played at Green County CC my whole life. It’s a very short old style 9 hole golf course. 

In my area golf is very affordable. I’ve been fortunate to have traveled the US and see what golf cost and membership around my area varies from around $500-$3000 a year at various courses. With that being said it can be the downfall of golf in my area. You have to travel to find a well manicured course with length. Also weather plays a factor in how much golf you can play in a years time. 

I work at a sawmill. 

Ny user name is my initial and last name with my birth year. 

How long have I been playing golf?  I have played golf since my senior year of high school.  That would be 52 years now.  I have had a handicap as low as 6 and as high as, well, now 14.  Hope to get back to 10 to 12 this summer.

What do I love about golf?  Everything.  Mainly, I love the competitive nature of the game.  Competing with my friends, the course, the weather, all of it.

I saw an article on MYGolfSpy several years ago and found it on line.  I have been an avid follower ever since.

I live in Athens, Al and play most of my golf at Pt. Mallard in Decatur, Al.  I like to play courses all over the region though and try to get to Myrtle Beach for a golf outing when I can.

I love golf all the time so everything is my favorite thing about golf.  My pet peeve about golf here is "Fivesomes". 

I am retired and play golf 3 to 4 times a week--more when my wife will let me.

My user name is my last + first initial + my number in football 50 years ago.  I know sad!!

Glad to be here. 

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing golf seriously for about 4 years now, but before then I played once or twice a year. My handicap hovers around 2-4 when I get to practice. 

What do you love about golf? I love that there is always room for improvement. I've never played a round of golf and felt that I hit every shot or every putt as good as I could have so I like the chase of always trying to get better. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? The non-biased reviews make MyGolfSpy completely different and gives as accurate representation of the best clubs for any golfer. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? Im from Lexington, SC but I currently am I sophomore engineering student at UAH in Huntsville, AL. My home course is the Country Club of Lexington, but when im at school I play wherever I can find the best online deal at. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is that there is a good number of courses near me, the worst thing is that as a college student I don't get to play as much as I would like so a membership somewhere is not worth it, so I have to pay usually around $30-$40 anytime I want to play. 

What do you do for a living? I hope to one day graduate with my mechanical engineering degree, and hopefully work for a golf company doing R&D. 

How’d you pick your user name?  Its just my name with an underscore after it. 

What's up guys. Name is Mike - I'm the co-host of the Chasing Scratch podcast and just found this site thanks to @GolfSpy MPR

Been playing golf for 27 years and my current handicap is 6.1. I love everything about golf except slow play and stroke+distance penalties. I live in North Carolina, I'm a PING iron loyalist, and I just started a semi-plutonic relationship with a new Bettinardi putter named Cassandra. 

7 minutes ago, Honcho said:

What's up guys. Name is Mike - I'm the co-host of the Chasing Scratch podcast and just found this site thanks to @GolfSpy MPR

Been playing golf for 27 years and my current handicap is 6.1. I love everything about golf except slow play and stroke+distance penalties. I live in North Carolina, I'm a PING iron loyalist, and I just started a semi-plutonic relationship with a new Bettinardi putter named Cassandra. 

Welcome to the MGS Forums, Mike! Found your podcast most of the way through last season, so I got to binge listen to it over a couple weeks. Waiting for each episode now is harder 🙂

Given what I've heard from you and Eli, you've found the right forum. Most of us are similarly neurotic about golf, and don't take ourselves too seriously. Looking forward to your contributions here.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

47 minutes ago, Honcho said:

Welcome from Georgia!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing since I was about 11. I am near scratch. HCP is usually between 0 and 2. 

What do you love about golf? So hard to answer that with any brevity. Golf is such a huge part of who I am. I love to compete. I love the feeling of accomplishment that comes from working on the game, seeing improvement, then successfully putting it into play in a competitive setting. I love the solitary nature of it. All the credit and all the blame only to yourself.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I got hooked by the recent golf ball analysis. The folks who run this deal really seem to know their stuff.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Originally from MA but have been living in the Myrtle Beach area most of my adult life. Like most Myrtle Beach residents, I don't really have one home course. I'm either playing in tournaments or at any number of different places with my buddies.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Certainly the year-round golf season is great. I guess I miss the atmosphere of the muni where I grew up. The mission of the golf course was to serve the local community. By contrast, here in Myrtle Beach it's just all about making money off the tourists. Nothing really wrong with that I guess, but it lacks that sense of community that I grew up with.

What do you do for a living? Software support and implementation for GolfNow

How’d you pick your user name? College nickname due to my initials: PP.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik w/VA Composites Drago 55

3-Wood: Callaway Epic w/VA Composites Drago 65

3-4 Hybrids: Callaway Big Bertha (off the rack...gasp)

Irons 5-P: Sub-70 659 CB w/ Nippon 950GH Stiff

Wedges: Sub-70 286 50,54, Vokey 58 12.D, all with w/ Nippon 950GH Stiff

Putter: Odyssey Rossie OG

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing since I was about 11. I am near scratch. HCP is usually between 0 and 2. 

What do you love about golf? So hard to answer that with any brevity. Golf is such a huge part of who I am. I love to compete. I love the feeling of accomplishment that comes from working on the game, seeing improvement, then successfully putting it into play in a competitive setting. I love the solitary nature of it. All the credit and all the blame only to yourself.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I got hooked by the recent golf ball analysis. The folks who run this deal really seem to know their stuff.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Originally from MA but have been living in the Myrtle Beach area most of my adult life. Like most Myrtle Beach residents, I don't really have one home course. I'm either playing in tournaments or at any number of different places with my buddies.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Certainly the year-round golf season is great. I guess I miss the atmosphere of the muni where I grew up. The mission of the golf course was to serve the local community. By contrast, here in Myrtle Beach it's just all about making money off the tourists. Nothing really wrong with that I guess, but it lacks that sense of community that I grew up with.

What do you do for a living? Software support and implementation for GolfNow

How’d you pick your user name? College nickname due to my initials: PP.

Welcome and enjoy! 🏌️♂️

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cleveland

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing since graduating college in 2015. I currently average in the mid 80s but am improving every year. 

2. What do you love about golf? I love the constant search for improvement, it is like trying to figure out one big puzzle. I  am also a huge fan of any sport where you can leisurely drink beer while playing. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I came for the golf ball review, stayed for all the other great information I found on the site. I do not know any other spies, yet.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Arab, AL - about 20 minutes south of Huntsville AL. No real home course, i try to play different places regularly. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: you are able to get a few rounds in during the winter, and people stop golfing in the fall because of football. Worst: Jean shorts. 

6. What do you do for a living? Safety and Compliance Manager

7. How’d you pick your user name? It is my go to for most websites.

Fellow 'gawlf' enthusiasts - always happy to share space and place w lovers of the greatest game ever played!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Picked it up seriously around 2000 

2. What do you love about golf? It's the ultimate challenge - how can a ball that doesn't even move and allows you to hit it while stationary still be so maddening and yet exhilarating in the same round? It gives you the highest highs and lowest lows, so it really prepares you for real life!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I actually don't - have seen requests for product testing so finally joined.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Melbourne, FL area (close to where they launch all the rockets). Play all over, but probably Viera East more than anywhere else.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? It's hard to pick anything bad about golf in FL! Maybe the few weeks when they core the greens, but that's not much to complain about when you literally can play 365 days of the year! I guess a legit complaint is we go thru more gloves and grips than elsewhere! 🙂 

6. What do you do for a living? Pastor

7.  How’d you pick your user name? last name then first name, but most people say it suits who i am!

Hi folks...  been lurking for a long time, posting more recently.  Just saw this thread and thought I'd reply.  

1. How long have you been playing golf?  35 years or so. What’s your handicap or normal score? 13.7

2. What do you love about golf?  Camaraderie, competition, constant challenge, beautiful and peaceful surroundings 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?  Been following the tests for years.  Don't know how I originally found them. Do you already know any other Spies? Not personally, no.

4. Where are you from? Greenville area, in Upstate South Carolina.  What is your home course? https://cherokeevalleyclub.com/    Attached pic is our 8th tee.  Stock image, though, that's not me in the pic! 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: THE WEATHER!  Year-round golf.   Quality and quantity of courses, we're in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, so, surroundings.  Worst:  Not much... Gets hot and humid at times in the summer, but that beats snow in the winter! 

6. What do you do for a living?  Sales consultant for a software company. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? My initials, combined with those of our town (Travelers Rest) and state. 

Mountain-view-at-Cherokee-Valley-Golf-Course--1024x520.jpg

Edited by gbtrsc

------------------------------

Driver:   Titleist TSr2 11 - UST Helium 5F3

Fairway: Titleist TS2 16.5 and 21 - Evenflow Riptide CB R

Irons: Titleist U505 4U and T300 5-GW - Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R

Wedges:  Cleveland Black RTX ZipCore 54 and Full Face 58 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge 

Putter:  Odyssey TriHot 5K TripleWide

Bag:  Titleist 15 Cart

3 hours ago, gbtrsc said:

Hi folks...  been lurking for a long time, posting more recently.  Just saw this thread and thought I'd reply.  

1. How long have you been playing golf?  35 years or so. What’s your handicap or normal score? 13.7

2. What do you love about golf?  Camaraderie, competition, constant challenge, beautiful and peaceful surroundings 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?  Been following the tests for years.  Don't know how I originally found them. Do you already know any other Spies? Not personally, no.

4. Where are you from? Greenville area, in Upstate South Carolina.  What is your home course? https://cherokeevalleyclub.com/    Attached pic is our 8th tee.  Stock image, though, that's not me in the pic! 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: THE WEATHER!  Year-round golf.   Quality and quantity of courses, we're in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, so, surroundings.  Worst:  Not much... Gets hot and humid at times in the summer, but that beats snow in the winter! 

6. What do you do for a living?  Sales consultant for a software company. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? My initials, combined with those of our town (Travelers Rest) and state. 

Mountain-view-at-Cherokee-Valley-Golf-Course--1024x520.jpg

Welcome aboard from Georgia and that's a beautiful hole you're teeing off on!  

Cleveland

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I started playing in college and was hooked. I played almost a lot for about a decade and got down to a 6 handicap, but then career and family took off, and I have played once or twice a year for the past 10 years. I am just getting back into golf seriously after moving onto a golf course and my kids getting old enough to play, and have been shooting in the upper 90's. I haven't played enough yet to really say I have a handicap, but I hope to change that over the next several months.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the way golf can take over your thoughts. During my hours on the course, I am able to just think golf and not everything else. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I love learning about equipment, and so as I am getting back into the game, I am doing a bunch of research. I am still playing all of my Callaway equipment from 2007, so I am ready to update soon.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From east of Atlanta in Monroe, GA. I just moved into a house on the 12th hole of Providence Golf Club, so that will be my home course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best -- year-round play. Worst -- the slow pace of play.

6. What do you do for a living? Middle school principal

Titleist 917 D2 -- 11*

Callaway Epic Flash - 4 wood

Titleist 818 H1

Titleist 918 AP1 5-GW

Titleist SM7 54 and 58

Ping Ketch

Srixon Z-star XV

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I started playing in college and was hooked. I played almost a lot for about a decade and got down to a 6 handicap, but then career and family took off, and I have played once or twice a year for the past 10 years. I am just getting back into golf seriously after moving onto a golf course and my kids getting old enough to play, and have been shooting in the upper 90's. I haven't played enough yet to really say I have a handicap, but I hope to change that over the next several months.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the way golf can take over your thoughts. During my hours on the course, I am able to just think golf and not everything else. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I love learning about equipment, and so as I am getting back into the game, I am doing a bunch of research. I am still playing all of my Callaway equipment from 2007, so I am ready to update soon.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From east of Atlanta in Monroe, GA. I just moved into a house on the 12th hole of Providence Golf Club, so that will be my home course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best -- year-round play. Worst -- the slow pace of play.

6. What do you do for a living? Middle school principal

Welcome aboard! I live in Watkinsville,Ga which is close to Athens. I’ve played Providence several times and enjoyed it! My home course is Jennings Mill CC.

Cleveland

I know Watkinsville well. I worked in Madison while attending UGA, so I went through there often. Nice to meet you!

Callaway FT-9 10.5 Driver, X Series 4 wood, FT-4 & 5 hybrids, X-18 6-AW Irons, Mack Daddy 54 & 58 Wedges

Odyssey White Steel Two Ball putter

Titleist 917 D2 -- 11*

Callaway Epic Flash - 4 wood

Titleist 818 H1

Titleist 918 AP1 5-GW

Titleist SM7 54 and 58

Ping Ketch

Srixon Z-star XV

I’ve already written a new member introduction last year when I joined but I’ll add some more information about myself
How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’ve been playing for about 6 years and usually shoot low to mid 80s
What do you love about golf? I love being outdoors and being able to spend some time with friends or family enjoying a round of golf. I’m very competitive and take the game seriously but I also like to just be out on the course relaxing and breathing the fresh air.
Where are you from? What is your home course? I’m from a small town in northwest Georgia called Cedartown. I play all three courses in my small town and also try to play as many decent courses within a 50 mile radius of where I live. There are some beautiful courses around here.
What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing in my opinion is the weather is good for golf almost year round and also the fact that in my area there are mountain courses and flat courses and mixtures of the two. The worst part is probably during the middle of summer when it’s 100 degrees outside and almost too hot to play.
What do you do for a living? I am a production technician at a chemical manufacturing plant.
How’d you pick your username? Pretty simple, my name and first initial of my last name.
If anyone in my area wants to meet up and play a round of golf just shoot me a message on here and we can work something out. Hit em straight!

I'm a long time lurker just now setting up an account. Im based out of Mid-Tn area. I golf twice a week. 

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing golf for 12 years now. I play around a 10-15 handicap depending on the time of the year. I normally shoot in the 80-90's. Best 18 hole score this year 73 worst score this year 106. Been a crazy start of the year.

1. What do you love about golf? I love the idea of the sport that no matter how good get the challenges are still there.

2. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? My best friend keeps linking me to the site.

3. Where are you from? What is your home course? Cookeville Tennessee. RiverWatch in Sparta and Southern Hills in Baxter are my home courses.

4. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is that golf almost year round. The worst is the courses lack maintaince involved on the courses.

5. What do you do for a living? I sell Mobile homes

6. How’d you pick your user name? Old xbox handle

Edited by KillerB

Nike Vapor fly driver stock shaft (9.5 loft/stiff)

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 wood 15*

Callaway XR hybrid 19*

Wilson V4 Fg Tour Util iron

Wilson FG Tour V4 Forged irons 5-GW(stiff flex/traditional lofts)

(right handed)

Cookeville, Tennessee

Handicap 15 average 18 hole score 80-90

• 2 weeks later...
  • How long have you been playing golf? I have been playing golf for over 40 years.

• What’s your handicap or normal score? I had a 3 at one time years ago. Currently carry a 11. Rebuilding a HC after medical problems had me sidelined for a while.

• What do you love about golf? It is about you and your talent. The highs and lows are what you make of it. You can enjoy it with anyone and not have to worry about how good or bad you are. 

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Interested in new equipment and recommendations from others.

• Do you already know any other Spies? None that I know of.

• Where are you from? I live outside of Augusta, GA on the SC side of the river. 

• What is your home course? Mount Vintage Golf Club

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best golf in the world can be played here year round. Hot as blazes in the summer.

• What do you do for a living? Retired and enjoying life.

• How’d you pick your user name? Its where I live and what I like to do.

Currently playing Callaway Paradym Driver & 3 wood, Titleist Hybrids, Callaway Irons Apex 21 in 4-6, Apex Pro 21 in 7-PW, Vokey Wedges in 48, 54, 58, and Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5 Putter.

Welcome from Georgia

Cleveland