TESTERS WANTED! ×

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing since i was 6 or so. I got into competitive golf in high school and am currently getting back into tournament play through GSGA tournaments. I'm currently shooting in the high 70s low 80s.

2. What do you love about golf? Being outdoors, challenging myself with an impossible to conquer game, and the companionship of playing with friends are the best parts of the game.  Its a never ending pursuit to beat an unbeatable game. I love hitting those few pure shots each round that make you keep coming back to the game week after week. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I dont know any other spies but I come to MyGolfSpy for the unbiased reviews and testing. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Decatur, GA and play anywhere I can. I have played all over Georgia and have a few favorites that I try to get back to as often as possible. The Oaks in Covington is a recent favorite. Going to college in Athens also offered access to the UGA course, The Georgia Club, and Lane Creek  Golf Club. My overall favorite course would be The Georgia Club the greens out there are some of the best in Georgia. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Golf year round is by far the best thing about golf in the Southeast. The worst thing use to be how bad bent greens could get during the summer months from the heat. Most courses have adapted and gone to bermuda greens as the technology has gotten better over the years. The one thing thats tough about living in the city is the lack of public golf. The city of Atlanta have a few public course but most of the courses inside the perimeter are private and its tough to get to the public options outside the perimeter after work. 

6. What do you do for a living? I am a bank examiner which allows me to travel throughout the southeast exploring new areas and the golf the have to offer. My job also offers me flexibility to be available to help the local high school golf team during the spring season. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Its my go to username a combination of my name and the year i graduate college. 

I look forward to being a part of this community.

GA / 5.0 HDCP

Driver: Titleist 909 D2 9.5 with 45" Aldila VooDoo stiff shaft

Fairway Woods: Bridgestone J33 15˚ with 46" Aldila VS PROTO Blue 85-S

Ping i15 18.5˚ with Ping TFC 700F stiff shaft

Irons: Mizuno MP 68 9-6 / MP 58 5-3 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges: Mizuno MP T Series 47˚

Taylormade RAC TP 54˚

Titleist SM 60˚

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5

Ball: Titleist Pro V One

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 21 yrs - mid 80's

2. What do you love about golf? Being on a beautiful pad of grass enjoying the creation

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? HONEST golf reviews and yes

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Indian Land, SC / I bounce around

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Playability most of the year and H-E-A-T

6. What do you do for a living? Sr. Financial Analyst

7. How’d you pick your user name? Huge Penn State Fan - growing up, Lavar Arrington was my ideal player so I always used his number

On 5/11/2019 at 10:05 AM, gbtrsc said:

Hi folks...  been lurking for a long time, posting more recently.  Just saw this thread and thought I'd reply.  

1. How long have you been playing golf?  35 years or so. What’s your handicap or normal score? 13.7

2. What do you love about golf?  Camaraderie, competition, constant challenge, beautiful and peaceful surroundings 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?  Been following the tests for years.  Don't know how I originally found them. Do you already know any other Spies? Not personally, no.

4. Where are you from? Greenville area, in Upstate South Carolina.  What is your home course? https://cherokeevalleyclub.com/    Attached pic is our 8th tee.  Stock image, though, that's not me in the pic! 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: THE WEATHER!  Year-round golf.   Quality and quantity of courses, we're in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, so, surroundings.  Worst:  Not much... Gets hot and humid at times in the summer, but that beats snow in the winter! 

6. What do you do for a living?  Sales consultant for a software company. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? My initials, combined with those of our town (Travelers Rest) and state. 

Mountain-view-at-Cherokee-Valley-Golf-Course--1024x520.jpg

There is some great golf in TR!  Welcome to the forum from the upstate.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

57 minutes ago, PSULions11 said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 21 yrs - mid 80's

2. What do you love about golf? Being on a beautiful pad of grass enjoying the creation

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? HONEST golf reviews and yes

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Indian Land, SC / I bounce around

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Playability most of the year and H-E-A-T

6. What do you do for a living? Sr. Financial Analyst

7. How’d you pick your user name? Huge Penn State Fan - growing up, Lavar Arrington was my ideal player so I always used his number

Welcome to the forum, glad you're here.  I'm not to far away from you in York county

Gameday
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120

Classic Bag

3 hours ago, benmil14 said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing since i was 6 or so. I got into competitive golf in high school and am currently getting back into tournament play through GSGA tournaments. I'm currently shooting in the high 70s low 80s.

2. What do you love about golf? Being outdoors, challenging myself with an impossible to conquer game, and the companionship of playing with friends are the best parts of the game.  Its a never ending pursuit to beat an unbeatable game. I love hitting those few pure shots each round that make you keep coming back to the game week after week. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I dont know any other spies but I come to MyGolfSpy for the unbiased reviews and testing. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Decatur, GA and play anywhere I can. I have played all over Georgia and have a few favorites that I try to get back to as often as possible. The Oaks in Covington is a recent favorite. Going to college in Athens also offered access to the UGA course, The Georgia Club, and Lane Creek  Golf Club. My overall favorite course would be The Georgia Club the greens out there are some of the best in Georgia. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Golf year round is by far the best thing about golf in the Southeast. The worst thing use to be how bad bent greens could get during the summer months from the heat. Most courses have adapted and gone to bermuda greens as the technology has gotten better over the years. The one thing thats tough about living in the city is the lack of public golf. The city of Atlanta have a few public course but most of the courses inside the perimeter are private and its tough to get to the public options outside the perimeter after work. 

6. What do you do for a living? I am a bank examiner which allows me to travel throughout the southeast exploring new areas and the golf the have to offer. My job also offers me flexibility to be available to help the local high school golf team during the spring season. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Its my go to username a combination of my name and the year i graduate college. 

I look forward to being a part of this community.

Welcome aboard!  

I live outside of Athens in Watkinsville, Ga. and recently joined Jennings Mill CC.   New owner had old greens resurfaced with champion bermuda greens  and the tee boxes were also updated.  It's in a great shape right now!  I played all the other courses you mentioned several times and was a member out at Lane Creek for five years.   Glad you hopped on board and maybe we can tee it up one of these days. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

On 5/13/2019 at 11:15 PM, jeremyreily said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I started playing in college and was hooked. I played almost a lot for about a decade and got down to a 6 handicap, but then career and family took off, and I have played once or twice a year for the past 10 years. I am just getting back into golf seriously after moving onto a golf course and my kids getting old enough to play, and have been shooting in the upper 90's. I haven't played enough yet to really say I have a handicap, but I hope to change that over the next several months.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the way golf can take over your thoughts. During my hours on the course, I am able to just think golf and not everything else. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I love learning about equipment, and so as I am getting back into the game, I am doing a bunch of research. I am still playing all of my Callaway equipment from 2007, so I am ready to update soon.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From east of Atlanta in Monroe, GA. I just moved into a house on the 12th hole of Providence Golf Club, so that will be my home course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best -- year-round play. Worst -- the slow pace of play.

6. What do you do for a living? Middle school principal

Providence is a great course played there a decent amount back in the day. 

GA / 5.0 HDCP

Driver: Titleist 909 D2 9.5 with 45" Aldila VooDoo stiff shaft

Fairway Woods: Bridgestone J33 15˚ with 46" Aldila VS PROTO Blue 85-S

Ping i15 18.5˚ with Ping TFC 700F stiff shaft

Irons: Mizuno MP 68 9-6 / MP 58 5-3 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges: Mizuno MP T Series 47˚

Taylormade RAC TP 54˚

Titleist SM 60˚

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5

Ball: Titleist Pro V One

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’ve been playing for about 12 years. Right now I’m about a 9 handicap.

2.  What do you love about golf? I love that feeling when everything comes together and you hit that perfect shot. It is what got me hooked in the first place.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I’ve always been lurking on the forums so I figured I would join the community. I do not know anyone on here at the moment.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in Winter Springs, FL which is outside of Orlando. My home course is Eagle Dunes.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is definitely being able to play year round and the worst is playing in the 100 degree heat and humidity of summer lol

6. What do you do for a living? I am a natural food salesman 

7.  How’d you pick your user name? Everyone loves the feeling of getting Up N Down!

Driver: TaylorMade M2 9.5

3 Wood: Taylormade M2 16.5

Utility: Srixon U65 20deg (3 iron)

Irons: Srixon z765 4-AW

Wedges: Callaway MD4 54 & 58

Putter : Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s

Ball : TaylorMade TP5

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing golf for 27 years now. That is hard to believe just typing that.  I am a 4 handicap.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the challenge of the game presented with each swing and round.  I am also a competitor.  I love the competition of each round and match/tournaments.  I also love the time I get to spend with friends and the memories this game has given me.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I do not know any other Spies.  My career is science based, and we try to be evidence based in everything we do.  I started reading articles on this forum a few months ago and have found it incredibly refreshing compared to many other golf forums.  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am originally from Wisconsin, but my career brought me to South Carolina.   I have been in SC since 2009.  I am a member at Thornblade Club in Greer, SC.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The best thing is we can play golf year round here.  We may miss 2-4 weekends a year due to weather (floods, snow, etc.).  The worst thing is there are not a lot of great public courses around which led me to join Thornblade.

6. What do you do for a living? I am a physician and spend the majority of my time teaching medical students and residents.

Edited by BJMDO

:callaway-small: Great Big Bertha 10.5 with Graphite Design AD-TP 6X
:callaway-small: Epic Flash 5 wood (-1) with Fujikura Pro 2.0 7X
:callaway-small: Epic 3 and 4 hybrid with Graphite Design AD-HY 85X
:mizuno-small: MP 18 MMC 5-PW with KBS C-taper Lite X-flex, hard-stepped 1x
:edel-golf-1: 51, 56, 60 wedges
:scotty-small: Newport 2
:titelist-small: ProV1x

58 minutes ago, BJMDO said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing golf for 27 years now. That is hard to believe just typing that.  I am a 4 handicap.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the challenge of the game presented with each swing and round.  I am also a competitor.  I love the competition of each round and match/tournaments.  I also love the time I get to spend with friends and the memories this game has given me.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I do not know any other Spies.  My career is science based, and we try to be evidence based in everything we do.  I started reading articles on this forum a few months ago and have found it incredibly refreshing compared to many other golf forums.  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am originally from Wisconsin, but my career brought me to South Carolina.   I have been in SC since 2009.  I am a member at Thornblade Club in Greer, SC.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The best thing is we can play golf year round here.  We may miss 2-4 weekends a year due to weather (floods, snow, etc.).  The worst thing is there are not a lot of great public courses around which led me to join Thornblade.

6. What do you do for a living? I am a physician and spend the majority of my time teaching medical students and residents.

Welcome to the forum!  Glad to see another SC resident onboard.  @MGoBlue100 is spy that is close to you.  Highly recommend joining anyone you can on the forum for a round.  It's a great group!

Gameday

Classic Bag

Awesome, thanks!

:callaway-small: Great Big Bertha 10.5 with Graphite Design AD-TP 6X
:callaway-small: Epic Flash 5 wood (-1) with Fujikura Pro 2.0 7X
:callaway-small: Epic 3 and 4 hybrid with Graphite Design AD-HY 85X
:mizuno-small: MP 18 MMC 5-PW with KBS C-taper Lite X-flex, hard-stepped 1x
:edel-golf-1: 51, 56, 60 wedges
:scotty-small: Newport 2
:titelist-small: ProV1x

Not too far; South of Easley about halfway between G'ville & Clemson.  Welcome!  Curious where you teach?  My oldest son is an M3 at UofSCMSOG.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Started playing when I was 5 off and on. Played a good bit during college but stopped after leaving for grad school. Finally started playing consistently again last year. Current index is 13.0.

2. What do you love about golf? I enjoy how hard it is. It makes those good shots feel that much better. I also enjoy golf as it allows me to get my mind away from work and just focus on getting a little ball into a little hole. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Used the buyer's guides in the past and stumbled onto the forums around when the ball testing and all that was going on. I have played golf with a with people that reference the site so that has been cool.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Bylthewood, SC - I am a new member at Cobblestone Park in Bylthewood. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best is I can pretty much golf year-round. The worst is the summers are rough. I would rather walk the course but really don't enjoy walking a full 18 in the summer heat.

6. What do you do for a living? I'm an accountant. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Its just my name. 

Driver: Callaway Rouge SZ 9* - Hzrdus Yellow 75 (6.0) - 44.5" 

3 Wood: Ping i15 15.5* - Ping TFC700 (stiff) - Standard length

4 Hybrid: Nickent 7DX 22* - Aldila R.I.P. (stiff) - Standard Length

Irons: Callaway Rouge Pro (CF18) 5 through AW - True Temper XP 105 - .5" short/ 2* up

Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy 4 54* & 58* - True Temper Dynamic Gold S200 - 2* up

Putter: Odyssey #10 Triple Track

Ball: Bridgestone TourB X

Righty 

Blythewood, SC

12.0 Index

1. How long have you been playing golf? Since I tried out for the golf team in 8th grade so 2004.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? 2 handicap.

3. What do you love about golf? I love that it's all on you, you can't blame anyone else. You have to factor as much in as you can and manufacture a shot to match. It teaches you patience and humility and will echo into your day to day life if you treat it with respect.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? A love for golf and a desire to learn more about the game from people who have access to much more technology and exsperiance than me.

5. Do you already know any other Spies? Negative.

6. Where are you from? Gainesville Georgia just east of Atlanta

7. What is your home course? No current home course, I like to vary it up and play where the deals are.

8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best might be the amount of courses in our area and the solid months of golf we can get it before the weather turns. Worst is the insane humidity we have during the year that makes playing in the dead of summer a tall task for any golfer. 

9. What do you do for a living? I work in Insurance, Personal and Business, owning an agency just outside of atlanta.

10. How’d you pick your user name? Nothing special there.

Hi all! New account, been around since '13. I plan to be more active than previous. I've read most things daily, including comments though I've found most things stated. I appreciate all of the time and effort of MGS and the community and hope that my perspective may be of use or value. I am overcoming a tech phobia and have not done much in this social media landscape so You Guide Me!

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I've played 10yrs over the last 30. Once seriously and now twice.. My handicap is that I enjoy the sport... or 11ish.

What do you love about golf?

My father gave me golf as a child until we couldn't afford it. He gave me my second set at 21 and it saved my life.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Since I tried to introduce golf to a neighbors son in '12 I found MGS while researching. He didn't care for golf but I fell back in Love with playing. I knowingly know no other Spies.

Where are you from? What is your home course?  Recently from Orlando. Home course: Winter Park 9(WPCC or WP9).  Practice range/course: Forest Lake.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? As another stated...Weather and Weather. More beneficial is going out as a single it is easy to find times alone to experiment or play two balls or to be able to link up with a wide variety of golfers and skill levels. It keeps it interesting and mostly course dependent on who or what kind of day you want. We get to have it all. BEWARE the Intimidators...(not referencing Daytona race fans here)...not so far though perhaps few between, but we do have them!

What do you do for a living? Currently studying online. Have been a cook, server, restaurant mgr. Installer for telecom, DC power plants, Epoxy flooring concrete prep / chemical mixer. I've been a helper since preschool and  working since the third grade (outside of school and baseball.

How’d you pick your user name? I was, like my current irons, "Made in Japan"... my Mother(oka-san) is Japanese and my (USAF Retired) Father is White American...like the cheese at Subway!.....I wrote that myself. (*-*)

HAPPY "US" OPEN WEEKEND Y'ALL!!!

1) How long have you been playing golf? I have been playing golf for 15 years. Handicap is an 11

2) What do you love about golf?  I love the challenge of golf. It one place where you can find honesty and integrity, its a game that can truly shape person character. No two course are the same. Another beauty of golf is you will never beat the game. You will always go to improve and better yourself.

3)  What brings you to golfspy, do you know any spy’s?  While conducting some research on golf equipment I stumble across the site, but what kept bringing me back was the method and delivery of the reviews. You can tell they are not sponsored by a brand and that you are going to get and honest opinion. Sometimes you maybe surprised but they are honest and true. I do not know any spy’s currently but excited to meet them.

4) Where are you from? What’s your home course? I am originally from Indiana but have been living in Charleston South Carolina for the last 8 years. My home course is Cougar point on Kiawah island 

5) What’s the best and worst things of golf in your region? The best thing about in my region is there are plenty of beautiful and challenging courses you can ply year round. The worst thing is it takes a while to get to a few course due to the number of waterways you have to drive over or around. Also, the summer months get extremely hot and can be challenging to want to go out and play, we also have hurricane season that can s*** course down for awhile. 

6) What do you do for a living?  I am in the Air Force Reserve and I am Flight test mechanic for Boeing 

7) How did you pick your name? It is a nickname my friends have give me for always looking for a thrill or a good time and (72) is par for the course which is what I plan to achieve  

1. How long have you been playing golf? 25 years, counting a 3-4 year window when I didn't pick up a club. What’s your handicap or normal score?  Currently play as an 18 handicap

2. What do you love about golf? The chase.  You are always chasing lower and lower scores. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?Read a couple of reviews and noticed this site seemed to give an unbiased opinion on various topics.  Do you already know any other Spies? No. 

4. Where are you from? Shepherdsville KY  What is your home course? Heritage Hill Golf Club

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: Good mix of course styles.  Worst: Winter

6. What do you do for a living? IT Specialist

7. How’d you pick your user name? Home state plus year of project car. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Since i was a teenager off and on; just getting back into it.  Handicap is golf.

2. What do you love about golf?  Getting outside and spending time with my kids on the course

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I love your product reviews; I do not know any other spies yet. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Tifton, GA;  Forest Lakes.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best;  golf year round.  Worst; Dry bouncy greens...

6. What do you do for a living? Hospital Director 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Kinda just came to me...

1 hour ago, SWGeorgiaGolfer said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Since i was a teenager off and on; just getting back into it.  Handicap is golf.

2. What do you love about golf?  Getting outside and spending time with my kids on the course

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I love your product reviews; I do not know any other spies yet. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Tifton, GA;  Forest Lakes.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best;  golf year round.  Worst; Dry bouncy greens...

6. What do you do for a living? Hospital Director 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Kinda just came to me...

Welcome aboard fellow Georgia golfer!  You found yourself an awesome place to kick up your feet and enjoy some awesome golf info.   Glad to have ya on board 👍🏌️‍♂️

Cleveland

1. How long have you been playing golf?  25 years and I usually shoot in the low 80’s 

2. What do you love about golf?  That there is always some part of the game  to work on

3. What brings me to Mygolfspy?  Just stumbled across it looking at golf reviews.  Do you know any other spies? My best friend from when we were kids is a spy

4. Where are you from and what is your home course?  Fleming Island, FL and Eagle Harbor is where I usually play

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - A lot of golf courses in the area to choose from.  Worst - most courses are pretty flat here.  It would be nice to have some courses  with elevation 

6. What do you do for a living?  M&R inspector/auditor for an intermodal company

7. How did you pick your username?  First initial and then staff because I am a huge fan of Wilson Staff irons

1. How long have you been playing golf?  Been playing since High School, have become more serious in the last couple of years. Handicap 8.7 right now

2. What do you love about golf? I love being outside, and the competitive nature of the game. You are in control of every situation so no one to blame anything on.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Love the reviews and suggestions

4. Where are you from? Greenville SC

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? always a course open but if you wanna play somewhere nice its hard on a budget

6. What do you do for a living? Medical Student 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Initials 

Good evening everyone! I'm happy to be a part of the community that I have heard so many good things about from one of my good buddies.  I've been playing golf for 9 years in total but really have only taken in "seriously" the last 5.  My normal score is around 95.  I love being able to walk 9 holes and enjoy being on the course and active.  I also love that there is always something that I can work on to be better. I enjoy the challenge of self improvement.  As I mentioned before, a good buddy @JohnSmalls is to credit with getting me on board! I'm excited to become more involved and learn more about the game! I am from upstate SC, in Due West.  I tend to bounce between Cobb's Glen and the Links at Stoney Point depending on which direction I am driving for the day.  The best thing about golf here is that I can play year round! The worst thing about my immediate location is that the nearest course is thirty minutes away.  I work as an athletic trainer for men's and women's golf, men's soccer, and baseball at a small college here in town. I picked 20xUnited because I am a massive Manchester United supporter and that's how many times we have won the league.  (Liverpool are still only at 18) GGMU!

Driver: Nike Vapor Speed 10.5* 

3 wood: Nike Vapor Speed

2H: Nike Vapor Speed

Irons: Nike Vapor Speed 4i-SW

Putter: Nike Method Core

9 minutes ago, 20xUnited said:

Good evening everyone! I'm happy to be a part of the community that I have heard so many good things about from one of my good buddies.  I've been playing golf for 9 years in total but really have only taken in "seriously" the last 5.  My normal score is around 95.  I love being able to walk 9 holes and enjoy being on the course and active.  I also love that there is always something that I can work on to be better. I enjoy the challenge of self improvement.  As I mentioned before, a good buddy @JohnSmalls is to credit with getting me on board! I'm excited to become more involved and learn more about the game! I am from upstate SC, in Due West.  I tend to bounce between Cobb's Glen and the Links at Stoney Point depending on which direction I am driving for the day.  The best thing about golf here is that I can play year round! The worst thing about my immediate location is that the nearest course is thirty minutes away.  I work as an athletic trainer for men's and women's golf, men's soccer, and baseball at a small college here in town. I picked 20xUnited because I am a massive Manchester United supporter and that's how many times we have won the league.  (Liverpool are still only at 18) GGMU!

Even though I’ve told you practically in person. So pumped you’ve joined us. There are a lot of great guys on here and now we’ve got one more. 

As I’ve said 100x before. Welcome to the greatest forum on the planet.  I think you’ll enjoy it here! 

Gameday

Classic Bag

1. Playing for 15 years. Handicap is 9. 

2. Love the constant quest for consistency, and the variables of every round.

3. Been following for a year or so now. Met Adam in Augusta for the Masters.

4. Augusta, GA. Champions Retreat Golf Club.

5. Best things would be that we can play about 10 months out of the year. The worst would be that a lot of the clubs around here are still quite stuck in the past and refuse to progress.

6. I'm the host of the Tour Junkies DFS & Golf Betting Podcast where we break down every PGA Tour event each week.

7. Gotta rep the podcast and spread the word to the MGS people!

1. How long have you been playing golf? 25 years, counting a 3-4 year window when I didn't pick up a club. What’s your handicap or normal score?  Currently play as an 18 handicap

2. What do you love about golf? The chase.  You are always chasing lower and lower scores. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?Read a couple of reviews and noticed this site seemed to give an unbiased opinion on various topics.  Do you already know any other Spies? No. 

4. Where are you from? Shepherdsville KY  What is your home course? Heritage Hill Golf Club

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: Good mix of course styles.  Worst: Winter

6. What do you do for a living? IT Specialist

7. How’d you pick your user name? Home state plus year of project car. 

Welcome to MGS. I have played Heritage Hill before, really enjoyed it, even if it was cart path only. I’m about an hour south of Shepherdsville. Maybe we can play sometime. Jump in and join the conversations.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

New to the site, so here goes:

1. How long have you been playing golf? I've been playing since high school, but I've only taken it seriously for about 5 years. What’s your handicap or normal score? 10/83 Avg

2. What do you love about golf? I love the challenge. While I enjoy all golf rounds, I hate to lose. I like the competition both between other players, and the course. And while I love team sports, this is a test of my skills alone.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I enjoy reading reviews on new products, and would like to start testing some. Do you already know any other Spies? No

4. Where are you from? Canton, GA What is your home course? Bradshaw Farm

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is that there's a chance you can play year round, minus a few cold patches. Worst: when it rains, it usually rains for weeks at a time.

6. What do you do for a living? Construction Superintendent

7. How’d you pick your user name? Easy, my email.

Driver- TM Sim 2- Speeder 757 X

3W- TM M5- Tensei Orange X

Hybrid- TM M1- Tensei Orange X

Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (4-P)- DG S400

Wedges- Cleveland Zipcore 4 (58, 54, 50)- DG Wedge

Putter- Strokes Gained Custom

New to the site, so here goes:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? I've been playing since high school, but I've only taken it seriously for about 5 years. What’s your handicap or normal score? 10/83 Avg

2. What do you love about golf? I love the challenge. While I enjoy all golf rounds, I hate to lose. I like the competition both between other players, and the course. And while I love team sports, this is a test of my skills alone.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I enjoy reading reviews on new products, and would like to start testing some. Do you already know any other Spies? No

4. Where are you from? Canton, GA What is your home course? Bradshaw Farm

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is that there's a chance you can play year round, minus a few cold patches. Worst: when it rains, it usually rains for weeks at a time.

6. What do you do for a living? Construction Superintendent

7. How’d you pick your user name? Easy, my email.

Welcome aboard from Watkinsville, Ga. 🏌️♂️

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cleveland

1. How long have you been playing golf?  Played my first round senior year of high school (2007)

2. What do you love about golf? Gives me an opportunity to continually work on something I will never be able to perfect

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I've read lots of the reviews and follow along on Twitter, figured I'd jump into the forums as well.

4. Where are you from? Simpsonville, SC (Just south of Greenville)

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? You can play basically year-round, but a lot of places have increased their prices recently

6. What do you do for a living? Been a teacher the last 7 years, leaving that and not sure exactly whats next 

7. How’d you pick your user name? My name 

Right Handed

Driver: Cobra Amp (circa ~2013)  8.5* X-Stiff

19* Hybrid: Cobra King F7 Stiff

Irons (4-PW): Titleist AP2 714 X-Stiff

52* Wedge: Vokey SM6

56* Wedge: TaylorMade Tour Preferred

60* Wedge: Vokey SM6

Putter: Nike Method MC-3i Blade

Ball: Vice Pro+

1 hour ago, archieadams said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf?  Played my first round senior year of high school (2007)

2. What do you love about golf? Gives me an opportunity to continually work on something I will never be able to perfect

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I've read lots of the reviews and follow along on Twitter, figured I'd jump into the forums as well.

4. Where are you from? Simpsonville, SC (Just south of Greenville)

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? You can play basically year-round, but a lot of places have increased their prices recently

6. What do you do for a living? Been a teacher the last 7 years, leaving that and not sure exactly whats next 

7. How’d you pick your user name? My name 

Welcome from Georgia!

Cleveland

• 2 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing? Since about 6th grade, so 25 years. What’s your handicap or normal score? 2.2 or 78 at the moment

2. What do you love about golf? Most things. Sights and sounds, a good strike, getting it airborne, holing putts of any length, finding balls I thought for sure were lost, alone time, camaraderie, walking, riding, beer, cart girls, practicing, learning my numbers, the history, the Masters, the Open, the memories, getting lucky, riding the emotional roller coaster, learning, and improving.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?  Learning about equipment. Do you already know any other Spies? Not sure

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Louisville KY. Hurstbourne.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: Lots of fun courses nearby. Worst: winter lasting months and thunderstorms lasting all day

6. What do you do for a living? Physician

7. How’d you pick your user name? Initials and residence