TESTERS WANTED! ×

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1. How long have you been playing? Since about 6th grade, so 25 years. What’s your handicap or normal score? 2.2 or 78 at the moment

2. What do you love about golf? Most things. Sights and sounds, a good strike, getting it airborne, holing putts of any length, finding balls I thought for sure were lost, alone time, camaraderie, walking, riding, beer, cart girls, practicing, learning my numbers, the history, the Masters, the Open, the memories, getting lucky, riding the emotional roller coaster, learning, and improving.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?  Learning about equipment. Do you already know any other Spies? Not sure

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Louisville KY. Hurstbourne.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: Lots of fun courses nearby. Worst: winter lasting months and thunderstorms lasting all day

6. What do you do for a living? Physician

7. How’d you pick your user name? Initials and residence

Not sure you’ll like my avatar, but welcome from south central KY (about an hour and 15-20 minutes south)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

Just now, robertson153 said:

Not sure you’ll like my avatar, but welcome from south central KY (about an hour and 15-20 minutes south)

Haha thanks for the welcome. I lived in Lex for several years so have a lot of friends there and still get back there whenever I can. Just played Lex CC and those greens are lightening! Where do you play?

Welcome aboard from Georgia

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Thanks good to be here.  

I’d like to play more GA courses. Sea Island is the only course I’ve played in GA. Really enjoyed that course, and I may have enjoyed the locker room as much. Probably the swankiest I’ve ever been in.

Haha thanks for the welcome. I lived in Lex for several years so have a lot of friends there and still get back there whenever I can. Just played Lex CC and those greens are lightening! Where do you play?

Little one horse town course Green County CC. Next door to Campbellsville

CobraConnectChallenge3

• 3 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

1. I been playing golf for 12 years. I average around 80-85.
  2. What do you love about golf?

1. What I love about golf is that it is a challenge every time. Soon as you think you figured out the game it hits you with a new surprise.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

1. Testing and Information.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

1. Columbia, SC. I play everywhere around Columbia. I have no home course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

1. Best is that there is many different places to play and conveniently close to golf vacations. The worst thing is that it is hot! Summer golf is usually 95 degrees with 90% humidity.

6. What do you do for a living?

1. I am a teacher.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

1. Just simple to remember since I use it for everything.

Nike: Vapor Speed 8.5 Degree (Diamana Whiteboard X-Stiff 70G)

Nike: VRS Covert 3 Wood (Diamana Whiteboard X-Stiff)

Taylormade: P790 2 Iron (Project X Hazard Shaft X-Stiff)

Adams: 3H (20 Degree) Super 9031  (Diamana Whiteboard Hybrid Stiff)

Nike: Vapor Pro 4-PW (Stiff)

Titleist: 54 and 60 Vokey SM5 

Odyssey: Toe Up #1 

10 minutes ago, isaacb1994 said:

1. What I love about golf is that it is a challenge every time. Soon as you think you figured out the game it hits you with a new surprise.

1. Best is that there is many different places to play and conveniently close to golf vacations. The worst thing is that it is hot! Summer golf is usually 95 degrees with 90% humidity.

1. I am a teacher.

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Carolinian.  You've found a great place to be! 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

2 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Carolinian.  You've found a great place to be! 

Thanks!

Nike: Vapor Speed 8.5 Degree (Diamana Whiteboard X-Stiff 70G)

Nike: VRS Covert 3 Wood (Diamana Whiteboard X-Stiff)

Taylormade: P790 2 Iron (Project X Hazard Shaft X-Stiff)

Adams: 3H (20 Degree) Super 9031  (Diamana Whiteboard Hybrid Stiff)

Nike: Vapor Pro 4-PW (Stiff)

Titleist: 54 and 60 Vokey SM5 

Odyssey: Toe Up #1 

49 minutes ago, isaacb1994 said:

1. I am a teacher.

Welcome from Georgia!

Cleveland

How long have you been playing golf? For last 11 years.

What’s your handicap or normal score? Official is 5 or 6.

What do you love about golf? It helps me to unwind and also I felt that my overall concentration improves gradually.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Found the reference from different forums and seems this is a place to discuss anything related to golf.

Do you already know any other Spies? Not really.

Where are you from? Lexington.

What is your home course? Pine Meadows Golf Courses.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I am not a very regular in golf in recent years. The best thing is life is little laid back in Lexington and I can get lot of friends around who are ready to spend time in golf course.

What do you do for a living? I am a sound engineer and in my leisure I also write for - https://bestwaterproofspeaker.com/

How’d you pick your user name? My name is Sam Gupta. And I generally use the same user name if it available.

What do you love about golf? It helps me to unwind and also I felt that my overall concentration improves gradually.
What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Found the reference from different forums and seems this is a place to discuss anything related to golf.
What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I am not a very regular in golf in recent years. The best thing is life is little laid back in Lexington and I can get lot of friends around who are ready to spend time in golf course.
What do you do for a living? I am a sound engineer and in my leisure I also write for - https://bestwaterproofspeaker.com/
How’d you pick your user name? My name is Sam Gupta. And I generally use the same user name if it available.

Welcome aboard Sam! 🏌️♂️

Cleveland

Welcome from south central KY. I’m headed to Lexington in a few weeks for work. Any recommendations for a course to play while I’m there?

CobraConnectChallenge3

• How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Just started playing a few months ago.  

• What do you love about golf?  The relaxation and the challenge

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  To get to know other golfers and learn more about the game and products.

• Where are you from? What is your home course?  Florence, SC. Still trying out courses

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Hot weather in summer.  Beautiful courses.

• What do you do for a living?  Director of Medical Laboratory 

• How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Just started playing a few months ago.  

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  To get to know other golfers and learn more about the game and products.

• Where are you from? What is your home course?  Florence, SC. Still trying out courses

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Hot weather in summer.  Beautiful courses.

• What do you do for a living?  Director of Medical Laboratory 

Glad you joined us! 🏌️♂️

Cleveland

Hello, new to the forum but been following MGS for a while now.  Figured I'd finally register and hopefully contribute to the conversations a bit.   

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Playing about 20 years, GHIN says I'm a 5.5, lately I've been scoring 7-8 over on an average round, gotta keep practicing. 

2. What do you love about golf?  Many things, but the one thing that keeps me coming back is the endless pursuit of perfection.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Found MGS a while back when looking for equipment reviews

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  From Raleigh NC, moved to Greensboro.  Home course growing up was Lochmere GC where I was a member, then I worked at MacGregor Downs CC for a while, and now recently joined Sedgefield CC so that will be my new home course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best - abundance of great golf courses, many available to the public and for mostly reasonable prices, things are getting more expensive this season.  Worst - humidity

6. What do you do for a living? Insurance fraud investigations. 

7. How’d you pick your user name?  I tend to always just used my name/numbers, thought to switch it up for some fun.  I wish I was as cool as the real Carl Spackler.

In my :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titelist-small: TSi2 driver 10° w/ Tensei AV Raw White 75

:titelist-small: 917F2 3 wood 15° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:titelist-small: H16 hybrid 19° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB irons w/ KBS $-Taper 120

:vokey-small: wedges, 56° SM6, 52° SM6, and 47° SM7 - soon to be fitted for new ones

:EVNROLL: ER2 putter

:titelist-small: Pro V1x #42

16 hours ago, Fake Carl Spackler said:

Hello, new to the forum but been following MGS for a while now.  Figured I'd finally register and hopefully contribute to the conversations a bit.   

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Playing about 20 years, GHIN says I'm a 5.5, lately I've been scoring 7-8 over on an average round, gotta keep practicing. 

2. What do you love about golf?  Many things, but the one thing that keeps me coming back is the endless pursuit of perfection.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Found MGS a while back when looking for equipment reviews

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  From Raleigh NC, moved to Greensboro.  Home course growing up was Lochmere GC where I was a member, then I worked at MacGregor Downs CC for a while, and now recently joined Sedgefield CC so that will be my new home course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best - abundance of great golf courses, many available to the public and for mostly reasonable prices, things are getting more expensive this season.  Worst - humidity

6. What do you do for a living? Insurance fraud investigations. 

7. How’d you pick your user name?  I tend to always just used my name/numbers, thought to switch it up for some fun.  I wish I was as cool as the real Carl Spackler.

Welcome aboard and I know something about that humidity you speak of.... 😉

Cleveland

2 hours ago, ole gray said:

Welcome aboard and I know something about that humidity you speak of.... 😉

Thanks!  You may have it worse down in GA with the humidity sometimes, feels like you can swim through the air.  The other morning as soon as I got out of the car for an 8am tee time, my iron heads were completely covered in condensation, that was a sweaty day.

In my :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titelist-small: TSi2 driver 10° w/ Tensei AV Raw White 75

:titelist-small: 917F2 3 wood 15° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:titelist-small: H16 hybrid 19° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB irons w/ KBS $-Taper 120

:vokey-small: wedges, 56° SM6, 52° SM6, and 47° SM7 - soon to be fitted for new ones

:EVNROLL: ER2 putter

:titelist-small: Pro V1x #42

Hey guys, new to the forum but have frequented the site for quite some time. Glad to start getting involved in conversation.  

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing golf for right about 15 years (only 30 years old so half my life). Handicap hovers from 8-10.

2. What do you love about golf? It only takes one great shot to bring you back.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know anyone on the website but enjoy the first looks and takes on new products. Buyers guides are very interesting as well.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Im from Columbia, SC. If i was pressed to pick a home course I'd have to say Woodcreek. I've played the most rounds there by far.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is there are tons of golf courses to choose from in a rather short distance. Worst is the heat in the summer! June through August can be unbearable to play!

6. What do you do for a living? I am a custom golf club fitter and club repairer.

7. How’d you pick your user name? First Name last Initial

Glad to be a part of the mygolfspy community! 

Welcome aboard Stan!

Cleveland

Troy here from south Florida! Let's see I've been playing consistent golf for the past 6 years now (weekly) and I've somehow managed to work my handicap down to a 1.0 with a low round of 68. I typically play low to mid 70s golf with some bad days thrown in as well. Everything about my golf swing is self taught and I probably couldn't get $200 for my set of clubs that I play with. I'm now a firefighter so I still have plenty of time to get out to the course! I'm a former college baseball player so golf seemed like the natural transition for me, pleasure meeting y'all

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:25 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

Good evening everyone!  My name is Brandon and I live/work in the Jacksonville area.

1. How long have you been playing golf?  I've been playing golf for probably 15 years.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? Normal score is in the low-mid 90's, but I just shot an 82 which I'm super happy about.  My friend's been helping me and led me to this site.

3. What do you love about golf?  It gives me a chance to to be out there either with myself or others, but to just get away from the crap outside, work, hey - family sometimes too, but it gives you some mental 'me time'.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Yup, my friend brought me here.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I'm from Cincinnati, OH but I don't really have a home course.

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The condition of some of the courses are amazing, and some are downright awful.  How do you have sandtraps ON the green?

7. What do you do for a living?  Full time husband and father.

8. How’d you pick your user name?  This is just an old gamer handle from back in the day.  I tried to be witty, but I didn't think SandyBalls was appropriate and I couldn't think of something that someone else didn't already choose!

On 8/5/2019 at 4:29 PM, TM_32 said:

Troy here from south Florida! Let's see I've been playing consistent golf for the past 6 years now (weekly) and I've somehow managed to work my handicap down to a 1.0 with a low round of 68. I typically play low to mid 70s golf with some bad days thrown in as well. Everything about my golf swing is self taught and I probably couldn't get $200 for my set of clubs that I play with. I'm now a firefighter so I still have plenty of time to get out to the course! I'm a former college baseball player so golf seemed like the natural transition for me, pleasure meeting y'all

Welcome aboard Troy! 

Cleveland

I have been playing for about 35 years. My current handicap is a 10, although it has been lower in the past. I was away from the game for about 9 years. I'm currently working in Gainesville Florida, but my permanent residence is in Phoenix. I am a club repairer/builder as well. I love to tinker. 

On 8/14/2019 at 12:17 AM, Par4Par said:

I have been playing for about 35 years. My current handicap is a 10, although it has been lower in the past. I was away from the game for about 9 years. I'm currently working in Gainesville Florida, but my permanent residence is in Phoenix. I am a club repairer/builder as well. I love to tinker. 

Welcome aboard!

Cleveland

1. How long have you been playing golf?   Since I was six years old.   

2. What do you love about golf?  Competition - no matter if it’s another player or just the course itself.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?    I enjoyed reading the 2019 golf ball review.   

4. Where are you from?  Collierville, TN transitioning to Florence, AL

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?   Best - virtually year round golf.   Worst - wet and slow bent grass greens in the middle of summer in the south.  

6. What do you do for a living?  Self employed CPA

7. How’d you pick your user name?  First name + profession = username 

8. What’s your home course?   Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail - The Shoals

Edited by MarkCPA

default_taylormade-small(1).jpg.85912868199b94e166402712fb9f64b0.jpg Stealth 2 Plus 10.5* driver

default_ping-small.jpg.f0dadf3a40970feec67664677f8eff49.jpg G425 14.5*, 17.5* FWs

default_ping-small.jpg.f0dadf3a40970feec67664677f8eff49.jpg G425 22* hybrid

default_ping-small.jpg.f0dadf3a40970feec67664677f8eff49.jpg i230 irons, 5 - W

default_ping-small.jpg.f0dadf3a40970feec67664677f8eff49.jpg Glide 4.0 S 50*, 54*, 58* wedges

EVNROLL.gif.c1122c4834ff1cdf4df48962afede4ed.gif  EV 5.3 33"

Welcome aboard from Georgia! 🏌️♂️

Cleveland

Hello all, glad to join and get to know you.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing for 40 years and currently carry a 8.2 USGA hdcp.  I am a "from the tips" player at courses under 7,100yds, and from whites above.  Will normally shoot around 78-82.

2. What do you love about golf?  Golf has been in my life since I was a child.  Grandfather, father, me.  Golf is a game for life.  Golf is a game that mirrors life - good results from bad situations, bad results from perfect conditions...you make your own results.  How you carry yourself on the course after adversity is a reflection of character.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I have known about the site form some time, but, Eric Apenfels, a PGA instructor at Pinehurst Country Club (my home club) suggested I join.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Pinehurst, NC.  Pinehurst CC.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best things are the selection and diversity of golf in the Pinehurst area.  Worst things are the heat/humidity in the summer, the tourist/resort players teeing off from the tips driving 220yds right off the #1 hole on course #2.

6. What do you do for a living?  I'm the CEO and founder of marketing firm that specializes in entertainment, motion picture and concert/music festivals.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  It's my name.  I'm already doxx'ed.  I've got no problem attaching my name to my opinions and statements.

Hello all, glad to join and get to know you.
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing for 40 years and currently carry a 8.2 USGA hdcp.  I am a "from the tips" player at courses under 7,100yds, and from whites above.  Will normally shoot around 78-82.

2. What do you love about golf?  Golf has been in my life since I was a child.  Grandfather, father, me.  Golf is a game for life.  Golf is a game that mirrors life - good results from bad situations, bad results from perfect conditions...you make your own results.  How you carry yourself on the course after adversity is a reflection of character.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I have known about the site form some time, but, Eric Apenfels, a PGA instructor at Pinehurst Country Club (my home club) suggested I join.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Pinehurst, NC.  Pinehurst CC.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best things are the selection and diversity of golf in the Pinehurst area.  Worst things are the heat/humidity in the summer, the tourist/resort players teeing off from the tips driving 220yds right off the #1 hole on course #2.

6. What do you do for a living?  I'm the CEO and founder of marketing firm that specializes in entertainment, motion picture and concert/music festivals.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  It's my name.  I'm already doxx'ed.  I've got no problem attaching my name to my opinions and statements.

Welcome from Georgia! 🏌️♂️

Cleveland

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:57 PM, KenLewis1058 said:

• WeWhat do you do for a living?  Director of Medical Laboratory 

Well I see you are from Florence SC---- I am up in that neck of the woods working 5 days a week---- I drive a truck for a metal recycling company and go to either the shredder at Darlington or Nucor----- Actually stop and eat breakfast in East Florence/ Quinby every morning

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Well I see you are from Florence SC---- I am up in that neck of the woods working 5 days a week---- I drive a truck for a metal recycling company and go to either the shredder at Darlington or Nucor----- Actually stop and eat breakfast in East Florence/ Quinby every morning
Do you ever go to any of the courses in the area? I am just playing any course when I have time...trying to find a good one in the area.

Sent from my Android using MyGolfSpy mobile app