TESTERS WANTED! ×

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

The only course I have played in the area is CC of SC out on 327 and that was quite a few years back. I hear the morning guys on the Radio on Good Morning Pee Dee advertise Fox Creek golf club. I also go by a little goat ranch looking course on Maciver road called Beaver Creek but technically it is in Darlington County

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

1. How long have you been playing golf?   Since I was six years old.   

2. What do you love about golf?  Competition - no matter if it’s another player or just the course itself.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?    I enjoyed reading the 2019 golf ball review.   

4. Where are you from?  Collierville, TN transitioning to Florence, AL

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?   Best - virtually year round golf.   Worst - wet and slow bent grass greens in the middle of summer in the south.  

6. What do you do for a living?  Self employed CPA

7. How’d you pick your user name?  First name + profession = username 

8. What’s your home course?   Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail - The Shoals

Glad ya found us neighbor lol.
Love the Shoals. Also like Blackberry and Cypress. Our group will be back down there in the fall for a golf trip.

Tazz
Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
         Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

21 hours ago, KenLewis1058 said:

I have played Darlington Country Club and Governors Run and both are pretty good courses. Beaver Creek has horrible reviews and a bad reputation. I am wanting to try the CC of SC.

Sent from my Android using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Oh you can tell Beaver Creek is a Goat Ranch by just riding by---- I ride by it at least 4 times a day and have never seen more than 3 or 4 cars in the parking lot ever. CC of SC was one heck of a course when I played it a while back probably 15 years or so ago. They hosted a Nike event there a few times and I think it was a US Open regional site a couple of times

Edited by BIG STU

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Oh you can tell Beaver Creek is a Goat Ranch by just riding by---- I ride by it at least 4 times a day and have never seen more than 3 or 4 cars in the parking lot ever. CC of SC was one heck of a course when I played it a while back probably 15 years or so ago. They hosted a Nike event there a few times and I think it was a US Open regional site a couple of times
I am definitely ready to try the Cc of SC. I keep hearing coworkers talk about how good of a course it is. Darlington CC is a good course and can usually find a good price on the golf apps. I am hoping to get a few rounds in this weekend.

Sent from my Android using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Hey guys,

Im from Hypoluxo Florida, and I started playing again regularly (at least one round and one practice session a week) this year. I have a Facebook page called Hit Till Happy Golf ( which started from a friend of mine watching me take my 3rd Mulligan off the tee) and he said “ what is this? Hit till Happy??? I laughed so hard and loved it so much I have been working on the Hit till Happy golf brand! Hey you never know! And it’s fun! I’m a single dad and I work for Al Packer Ford as a Business Manager. Bought my first set of clubs (a complete set) from PGA superstore in Delray, the Cobra ultralights. For someone like me they work great and have taken my game a long way in a short time. I play regularly at the Boca Country Clubs west course as my father works as a starter and I get to play for free! In the last year I have played at least 18 holes a week and practice 9nce or twice a week depending on my schedule.

Hey guys, I’m a teacher and football/basketball coach in NC. I’m a lefty and really hate limited blade options and Scotty putters for my handedness. I have a 3 year old who is also lefty and loves golf, well mainly just riding in the cart and throwing his ball as far as it will go. I’m an equipment junkie and I love headcovers. Right now I’m on a huge sugar skull golf kick. In the summer and spring I play 2-4 times a week, but unfortunately after August 1 until about February 15 my game is non existent. Glad to be here! 

Just became a member of the site.

I'm a 10 handicap.

I am a high school golf coach.

I found Golf Spy on You tube.

I am from Georgia. Home course is Double Oaks

Driver: Taylormade Sim 2

Irons: Titlist T200

Putter: Odyssey center shaft

1 hour ago, Stanrock22 said:

I'm a 10 handicap.

Welcome aboard!   I live right down the road from you in Watkinsville, Ga.  My course is Jennings Mill CC

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

On 9/5/2019 at 9:39 AM, dhayes said:

Hey guys, I’m a teacher and football/basketball coach in NC. I’m a lefty and really hate limited blade options and Scotty putters for my handedness. I have a 3 year old who is also lefty and loves golf, well mainly just riding in the cart and throwing his ball as far as it will go. I’m an equipment junkie and I love headcovers. Right now I’m on a huge sugar skull golf kick. In the summer and spring I play 2-4 times a week, but unfortunately after August 1 until about February 15 my game is non existent. Glad to be here! 

Welcome to MGS, glad you decided to join in! 

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

6 hours ago, Stanrock22 said:

I'm a 10 handicap.

Welcome aboard, glad you decided to join in.   A word of warning, watch out for that ole gray fellow.  lol

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Been a member since February 2010 apparently, but was pretty active on a now extinct golf forum run by a con man in Las Vegas back in the day.

I haven't been very active on here due to life getting in the way quite a bit, so I thought I'd reintroduce myself.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I started playing when I was six years old, so that makes it 43 years now.

2. What do you love about golf? I started playing with my Dad and brother and now my sons play with me.  It's getting outside with family and/or friends and just enjoying some time outside away from the grind of daily life.  Golf might be the only thing I do where I'm continuously learning and trying to get better.  If I was as driven and dedicated in everything else in my life as I am at golf, I'd have enough money to have retired by now and play golf every day. 🤣

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've been here quite a while, but I was deploying with the Navy shortly after I joined, then had a kid, and then moved to San Diego where I was playing golf rather than talking about it when I had the time.  I met the GolfSpy himself on a bus in Costa Rica when we were on the same tour in 2009 and I'm sure I know a few others from the site I used to be on quite a bit back in the 2003 - 2007 time frame.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am originally from Fort Wayne, IN but now live in Charleston, SC.  I'm a member at the Daniel Island Club.  We have two courses, Ralston Creek by Rees Jones and Beresford Creek by Tom Fazio.  Both have gone through extensive renovations the last eighteen months to recover from a superintendent who was allowed to stay on the job about ten years too long.  Fortunately, our new superintendent has both courses in incredible shape and they'll only continue to get better.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is that we can play year round for the most part.  The worst part is the heat and humidity in the summer and the sand gnats in the spring and fall when the weather is absolutely perfect.  

6. What do you do for a living? I manage large national accounts for a global healthcare company so I travel quite a bit for work.  I've only taken my clubs on one work trip in the three years I've been there when I was lucky enough to play Ballyneal and Colorado Golf Club during a trip to Denver.

7. How’d you pick your user name? While I loved being on the ocean, I hated going to sea and leaving my family and friends behind.  It sucked.  Hence, seasuks.

TM SIM2 w/PX Green "Hulk" 6.5TX

Honma 16.5* w/Vizard Blue 70

Honma 18* (set at 20*) w/Aldila NV Blue

Honma TR20B 4 - 10 w/Nippon Modus 130

Honma 52*, 58* (bent to 57*), 60* (bent to 62*) w/Nippon Modus wedge shafts

Odyssey Tank 7

Pro V1x

Howdy. 

I hail from Tallahassee Florida and am a member at Capital City Country Club. I have an unrequited love of this silly game. I'm establishing a handicap that should end up in the high single digits this year. 

I came after seeing the work the guys are doing. Specifically the flagstick in or out test, the ball test (which has me positively SHOOK), and I'm looking forward to the wet wedge results. I'm here to contribute where I can and firmly believe that sharing empirical data not conjecture is how people improve their equipment in this game even if feel is still king of the swing. 

Thanks for having me. I'll try not to s*** the bed. 

Howdy. 
I hail from Tallahassee Florida and am a member at Capital City Country Club. I have an unrequited love of this silly game. I'm establishing a handicap that should end up in the high single digits this year. 
I came after seeing the work the guys are doing. Specifically the flagstick in or out test, the ball test (which has me positively SHOOK), and I'm looking forward to the wet wedge results. I'm here to contribute where I can and firmly believe that sharing empirical data not conjecture is how people improve their equipment in this game even if feel is still king of the swing. 
Thanks for having me. I'll try not to s*** the bed. 

Welcome aboard from Georgia 🏌️♂️

Cleveland

On 2/11/2019 at 5:25 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:
  • How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  30+ years.  7.

• What do you love about golf?  Comraderie and competition. 

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Articles and alerts via Facebook

• Where are you from? What is your home course?  Columbia, SC. Mid Carolina Club, Prosperity, SC

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your REGION?  Best-weather (year round golf}) .  Worst-summer heat! 

• What do you do for a living?  Retired

• How’d you pick your user name?  Birdiecock-golfing South Carolina Gamecock. 

:cobra-small:  LTDx Drive

:cobra-small:  LTDx 3, 5 & 7 Fairway Metals

:mizuno-small: Mizuno Hot Metal JPC 921 Irons

:PXG:0311 Wedges--56° & 60°

:PXG: Blade Putter

:maxfli: Tour Golf Ball

Welcome aboard! 🏌️♂️

Cleveland

I have been lurking on sites such as this for 20 + years. I have seen this blog develop over the years as well as some of the others but started with BSG years ago. Im from Michigan but have relocated to the Central region of FL. Use to play to a 3 now since Im learning new grasses, getting older and any other excuse I can come up with 8.9 index. Bermuda greens and grain have my brain in a complete panic!

Was given my nickname from a friend back in the late 70's/early 80's due to my behavior....wink, wink! Now I go to sleep at 9 and drool on myself!

I have been lurking on sites such as this for 20 + years. I have seen this blog develop over the years as well as some of the others but started with BSG years ago. Im from Michigan but have relocated to the Central region of FL. Use to play to a 3 now since Im learning new grasses, getting older and any other excuse I can come up with 8.9 index. Bermuda greens and grain have my brain in a complete panic!
Was given my nickname from a friend back in the late 70's/early 80's due to my behavior....wink, wink! Now I go to sleep at 9 and drool on myself!

Welcoming aboard!

Cleveland

New to the Forum and glad to be here...

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing since I was 4 years old, my father introduced me to the game.  I play to a 3 HDCP.

2. What do you love about golf? Other than sharing it with my Father, I enjoy the comradery of others on the course.  It doesn't matter if your scratch or shoot in the 100's, we all enjoy the same game equally. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I enjoy learning about the game of golf from equipment, to course management and social diversity that it brings.  I do not know any other Spies at this time, looking forward to meeting many of them.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from New Bern NC which is about 45 minutes from the Southern Outer Banks and just under 3 hours to Myrtle Beach SC.  My home course is The Emerald Golf and Country Club here in New Bern.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: Year round golf!!! Worst: The humidity here in late Summer is about 110%.  

6. What do you do for a living? I am a Quality Engineer for Bosch Home Appliances.

7.  How’d you pick your user name? It is my first initial and last name combined with my favorite number, which is also the day my first daughter was born. 

Hit'em straight and not too often!!!

On 2/11/2019 at 5:25 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:
  • How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• What do you love about golf?

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• Where are you from? What is your home course?

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• What do you do for a living?

• How’d you pick your user name?

- I’m 31 now and have been playing golf for about 25 years. Grateful I started early. Play to about a 5-6 at the moment. 
- golf mirrors life and you can play it throughout your life unlike most sports. It’s always challenging. A great social sport as well. 
- the testing and my experience with your recommendations. I trust you guys 

- I don’t know any other spies at the moment 

- I was raised in Florida. Spent the last few years in Orlando playing at Orange County National. Recently moved to Augusta and play wherever I can find a good deal! 
- golf in this region is certainly not as good as Orlando but you can still play year round, that’s always nice. 
- currently working as an operations manager at a Chick Fil A!

- a combo of my name and my favorite sports team, the Florida Gators! 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 18 years, 16 on a good day

2. What do you love about golf? Challenges my find and spirit and feeds my soul

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Looking to learn more about the art of club making

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Melbourne FL, The Habitat, Miami FL Redlands CC

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Year Round play and Affordability. Hot as balls 😊

6. What do you do for a living? Information Tech, e-commerce

7. How’d you pick your user name? My Mom picked it for me 😊

IMG-20150215-WA0000.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Aloha (I just returned from Hawaii... it was amazing),

I'm from South Carolina but have lived all over the world. It's good to be back home. I've been playing golf since I was about 15 (I'm in my 40s now) but still only shoot mid to high 80s. I think I'm just starting to get a bit more serious about the game.

Golf is one of the most relaxing things I do. I'm a National Guard Chaplain and a pastor -  these keep me quite busy so it's nice to get away from my jumbled mind as often as possible. Three overseas deployments with the military have me a bit constantly on edge as well. I need golf... and yes, I love to play golf with my wife. 😮 

I joined MyGolfSpy because I loved their honest reviews. I found them through an add about a Titleist fitting. After doing some digging through the site and on YouTube, I'm hooked.

I hope to get to know a few of you on line.

•  

Irons: Titleist AP1 718s, 4-PW + AW; Cleveland RTX-3 (58*); old Tommy Armor sand wedge (52*)

Woods: Driver = TaylorMade R7 (10.5); 3W = 1990s Big Bertha (I'll never part with her) 

Putter = Ping Anzer

Right handed, 15 Handicap (dropping slightly), in Tega Cay, South Carolina

fullsizeoutput_1067.jpeg

I'm from South Carolina but have lived all over the world. It's good to be back home. I've been playing golf since I was about 15 (I'm in my 40s now) but still only shoot mid to high 80s. I think I'm just starting to get a bit more serious about the game.
Golf is one of the most relaxing things I do. I'm a National Guard Chaplain and a pastor -  these keep me quite busy so it's nice to get away from my jumbled mind as often as possible. Three overseas deployments with the military have me a bit constantly on edge as well. I need golf... and yes, I love to play golf with my wife.  
I joined MyGolfSpy because I loved their honest reviews. I found them through an add about a Titleist fitting. After doing some digging through the site and on YouTube, I'm hooked.

•  

Glad to have ya! 🏌️♂️

Cleveland

Golf is one of the most relaxing things I do. I'm a National Guard Chaplain and a pastor -  these keep me quite busy so it's nice to get away from my jumbled mind as often as possible. Three overseas deployments with the military have me a bit constantly on edge as well. I need golf... and yes, I love to play golf with my wife.  

•  

Welcome to the site, Rev. Btw There are quite a few of us who love playing golf with our wives so don't feel out of sorts.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

That’s great to hear. There are days I enjoy hanging out with the guys, but Fridays (my day off) are for me and my gal!

Irons: Titleist AP1 718s, 4-PW + AW; Cleveland RTX-3 (58*); old Tommy Armor sand wedge (52*)

Woods: Driver = TaylorMade R7 (10.5); 3W = 1990s Big Bertha (I'll never part with her) 

Putter = Ping Anzer

Right handed, 15 Handicap (dropping slightly), in Tega Cay, South Carolina

fullsizeoutput_1067.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have played for around 17 years but it wasn’t until college (about 7 years ago) that I started taking golf seriously. My official handicap is a 4 but I play a lot by myself so I can’t enter those scores. I’d say I’m more around a 7 right now. 

2. What do you love about golf?   I love that it’s a game for life. I also enjoy being able to meet so many people through it. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?    I bet some of my friends are spies but the main thing is the golf reviews. I love having a place that is not bias towards any certain brands. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?   I live outside of Orlando, FL. I don’t have an official home course, but I practice and play mostly at Orange County National. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?   The best thing is that it’s year round. The golf season never stops so I get to enjoy this great game whenever I have a day off. The worst thing has to be the slow play (snowbirds and tourists are to blame most of the time), but the other bad thing is boring course layouts. Lots of courses just throw water and bunkers on it and call it a day. 

6. What do you do for a living? I recently graduated college with a degree in marketing but currently I’m a golf technician/lead for Dick’s Sporting Goods. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Nothing crazy, just my first initial, last name, and favorite number (after the good ole Cal Ripken Jr. 

On 2/11/2019 at 10:25 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing for about 35 yrs now! so i'm an old timer but not ashamed! My score is mid 90s

2. What do you love about golf? I love the open fields and fresh air more than anything else

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? i dont know anyone on this forum but am excited to talk to new people

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? My home course is near Bellevue in Tennessee

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? the best is the countryside and surroundings. there are no drawbacks for me!

6. What do you do for a living?Im a farmer a few miles away from my course

7. How’d you pick your user name? just my name and the year i was born 🙂

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing for about ten years.

2. What do you love about golf? Besides the physical activity I enjoyed the mental challenge and desire to improve.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I enjoy the unbiased reviews and the information regarding products. I am new so I do not know other Spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am in Florida and my home course is Country Club of Miami.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing about golf in my area is that you can play all year long. The worst thing is the heat and humidity in the summer, particularly July and August.

6. What do you do for a living? I am retired so I get to play three days a week.

7. How’d you pick your user name? My nickname and favorite number.

Edited by Henri8

Retired school administrator 

Welcome to all the new guys!  Fun place around here, obviously because you decided to join.  Make yourself known throughout the other threads!

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX