TESTERS WANTED! ×

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’ve been playing golf now for about a year so I guess I’m pretty new at it. I’m currently playing off a handicap of 14.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the challenge of golf. There’s not a lot of forgiveness and it takes a ton of practice to actually be good. I played all kinds of sports growing up but as I got older and my body couldn’t keep up with more joint stressing sports, I took up golf. Golf also allows me to spend quality time with my father which you can never get enough of.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I found MyGolfSpy through researching of clubs and golf balls. I’m sure I know another spy but I don’t actually know of any.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Raleigh, NC and my home course is either Lonnie Poole at NC State or Reedy Creek.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: The sheer number of public courses available. There’s so many good public courses around that are highly maintained and extremely nice. Worst: slow play haha...but I think that exists everywhere 

6. What do you do for a living? I work in pharmaceutical manufacturing at a company called Novo Nordisk. 

7.  How’d you pick your user name? It’s my first 2 initials and my last name.

Hi Im Brooks

I have been playing golf for about 14 years. I am a 14 handicap.

I love playing this game. I love seeing new courses and their designs. I am a little bit of a equipment junkie.  Not that I know a lot about it, but love to rad about it and try new equipment.

I am new to joining the forums but not new to mygolfspy been reading for almost five years.

I am from Charleston, South Carolina.

Its a fun place you can play golf year round, the summers do get a little hot though.

My user name is one I have used for many things for a long time.

1. I've played since I was 7 years old. I play off a 9 handicap.

2. I love that it's a game you can play your whole life.

3. I like the GolfSpy reviews. Don't know any current golf spies.

4. Living in Jacksonville, FL.  There are lots of great courses here.  I don't belong to any of them.

5. The best thing about golf here is you can pretty much play year round.  The worst thing is probably how crowded the courses can get.

6. I make my profession in aerospace.

7. It's my name!

79345C90-54AE-4C25-900B-6B64AE692414.jpeg

Hey y'all,
Joined a while back but never had time to participate in the forums. Hoping to be more active. Some details to get to know me:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Right now I'm up to a 19 (sad!) but I was an 11 a few years back. Working back towards it.

2. What do you love about golf? Being engrossed in the game and trying to play the smartest round possible.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? The content & the community. I don't know anyone here yet.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Louisville, KY. Don't really have a home course, play all over.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Long rounds are the worst. 5 hour rounds kill me. The people playing golf in KY are, by and large, wonderful though.

6. What do you do for a living? Sell fried chicken online.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's my gmail 🤷‍♂️

Thanks JW, I lived in Lou back in the 1970’s......worked for G.E., Burroughs Corp and Humana. I get back there once a year as my daughter lives across the river.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Wilson Staff Triton (10.5*) w/Aldila Rogue Regular; PowerBilt Air Force One 3W 15* & 5W 19* Apollo Regular; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 graphite shafts; Ben Hogan TKt Gw(49*) SW(53*) LW(57*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Tour Effect Univ. Of Kentucky cooler bag.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Hi everyone!

1. How long have you been playing golf? Since I was 16 when I received my first set from my father. What’s your handicap or normal score? Mid 80’s

2. What do you love about golf? It’s a sport that never gets old 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I read some of your reviews and found them well written

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Fort Myers Fl and Stoneybrook

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? In season the cost of golf triples

6. What do you do for a living? Project Manager

7. How’d you pick your user name? It was a nickname my mom gave me when I was little because I ran around fast as a jet so she added that to the end of my name Evan and I became EvJet

Evan

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero

Irons: Ping G Irons 2016

Putter: Ping Sigma Tyne 2 Stealth

Wedges: Vokey SM6 + SM8

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing on and off for 30 years - never really had the chance to focus on it until now. Handicap is about 18.

2. What do you love about golf? The walk, sights and smells of the courses both early in the morning and late afternoon. The unique conversations and emotions of each round and the challenge to continuously improve. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I recently began researching new technology and purchased equipment using some of the information derived from my time on the site. I am new to this covert clan of intellectuals and hope to receive my first mission soon. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Chattanooga - Valleybrook CC

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? It has been raining for two months. Really. 

6. What do you do for a living? I assist in generating electricity for a considerable area of the Southeastern U. S. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Researching migratory patterns of bees in this part of the country. My last name starts with a G. 

I go by NCBOB, I live in Hampstead NC just north of Wilmington. I have played for over Sixty years.  Recent back surgery has sent my handicap soaring, currently 11,  the lowest I have been is a +2 and played a lot of competitive golf.  
Driver titleist 917 D2 9.5

3wood Callaway Rogue 16.5

Hybrids 18+22* Titleist

Irons Callaway Apex pro dot 5 through P

Wedges Callaway 50* and 56 (bent to 55*) and Vokey 58*

Putter Cameron Select Newport 2

Driver Mavrik Subzero set to 9.5. 
Rougue 4 wood 16.5

Titleist 818 hybrid 21

Callaway Apex pro black dot 4 through P

Callaway Jaws 50/10,, MD 4 56/10, and Titlest SM 6 60/12

SC Futura 5.5

1 hour ago, Bob Jerabek said:

I go by NCBOB, I live in Hampstead NC just north of Wilmington. I have played for over Sixty years.  Recent back surgery has sent my handicap soaring, currently 11,  the lowest I have been is a +2 and played a lot of competitive golf.  
Driver titleist 917 D2 9.5

3wood Callaway Rogue 16.5

Hybrids 18+22* Titleist

Irons Callaway Apex pro dot 5 through P

Wedges Callaway 50* and 56 (bent to 55*) and Vokey 58*

Putter Cameron Select Newport 2

Welcome from Georgia!   

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

1. How long have you been playing golf? I got started golfing when I was 11 with an old set of clubs sitting in the basement. I guess that makes it 38 years What’s your handicap or normal score? 14

2. What do you love about golf?  I love the competition against yourself and being outdoors.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I decided to get really serious and invest in quality equipment. Do you already know any other Spies? Not yet

4. Where are you from? Originally from Wisconsin but now living in the promised land just outside Augusta, GA What is your home course?  Rocky Branch Golf Course

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Being originally from Wisconsin, I love that I can golf year round but it sure gets hot in August  

6. What do you do for a living? Senior Reactor Operator

7. How’d you pick your user name?  It was recently explained to me what the difference is between a yankee and a dam yankee.  And I are one. 

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Project X EvenFlow Black 75 6.0

:ping-small: G410 3-Wood PING Alta CB 65 Red Stiff

:taylormade-small:GAPR Mid 3

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue 4-PW

Tour Edge Hot Launch SS Wedges 50, 54, 58

:1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact Series #3

:Arccos:

1. I have been playing golf seriously for about 3 years. 3 years ago, during any given round I was shooting somewhere between 110 and 120. Today, I’m an 18 handicap, working just about everyday to keep bringing it down. 

2. What I love most about golf is the feeling of accomplishment you feel when you’ve been working at a particular part of your game when it starts coming together. Looking back and seeing how far you’ve come. Just seeing all the reps and hard working pay off. 

3. I came to my golf spy forum for the endless golf talk. I like seeing what everybody’s opinion of various golf topics.

4. I am from Elizabeth City, NC. I am currently a member at The Sound Golf Links at Albemarle Plantation.

5. The best thing about golf in my region is the Southern look and feel of courses here in Carolina. To me, there is nothing else like it. The worst thing about my region is it can be really swampy and muggy. In the summer, after a hard rain and the sun comes out, it feels like you are playing golf in a sauna. 

6. I am currently Active duty Coast Guard Stationed here in Elizabeth City, NC. 

7. My Username is my name and name and favorite number haha

Elizabeth City, North Carolina

Right Handed

Handicap: 18

Driver: Taylor Made Sim MAX D-type 9.5 / VA composites Vylyn Shaft 65G Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metals / KBS C-Taper Shafts Regular

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 
    --I've been playing golf since I was old enough to swing a club.  I don't get to play as much as I once did and my recent play certainly reflects that.  I'm currently a 6.4 handicap, but I've joined a club and hope to play more this year to get that back down.

2. What do you love about golf?
    --I love that the only person affecting the outcome is yourself.  Golf is the ultimate test--just you versus the course.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?"
    --I've enjoyed reading the reviews and tests that MGS posts.  Its been a great resource for choosing new equipment and bypassing the standard manufacturer hype.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
    --Asheville, NC but playing out of the Virginian in Bristol, VA.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    --The public courses in Asheville are sub-par (pun intended). There are several great private courses in and around the area, but most of them are out of my reach.

Callaway X2 Hot Driver
Callaway X2 Hot 15° 3 Wood
Callaway Apex 21° Hybrid
Callaway Apex Forged 4-PW
Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50°, 54°, 58° Wedges
Scotty Cameron GoLo 3

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing since the beginning of 2018. My normal score is 85-88 at my local course. 

2. What do you love about golf? It's just fun. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Seems like an interesting forum. I do not know anyone else on this forum. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Palm Beach, FL and my course is Abacoa Golf Course

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is you can golf pretty much all year. Worst is, in the summer it gets a bit too hot and in the winter the snow birds act like they owe the place.  

6. What do you do for a living? Account. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's simply, I'm from South Florida and I'm a golfer. 

•  

This guy is still playing......

IMG_2156.JPG

Using Wilson Staff Driver: Triton, Powerbilt 3W/5W, Tour Edge CVX129 4Hybrid, Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7,Hogan wedges 49/53/57 & Tommy Armour Impact putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

On 2/11/2019 at 5:25 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Southeast Region

Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Florida

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? I learned the game as a caddie in 1965. I have been playing ever since.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? Right now I am a 13.3 index. I have been as low as 3 ( when I was young) and as high as 18.

3. What do you love about golf? Just about everything. The constant test of yourself against yourself. The challenges of the different courses. The way the game evolves over time and the history.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I have been reading it for the past year.

5. Do you already know any other Spies?No.

6. Where are you from? Tampa, FL What is your home course? Tampa Palms Golf & Country Club.

7. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The soggy course condition during the summer and the overcrowded conditions during the winter are the worst things. The ability to play year round is absolutely the best.

8. What do you do for a living? Retired but I was an educator for 40 years.

9. How’d you pick your user name? I like James Bond and he folded in Goldfinger.

Hello Fellow Spyders!

I'm just a guy who never thought I'd fall so hard for anything that didn't have a body like my devil cheerleader/Avatar...    Played every sport but mostly baseball and professional men's softball up until too many times throwing a wet ball from the outfield led to shoulder reconstruction.  Actually used golf at a local muni to rehab my shoulder range of motion and the love affair continues twenty some years later...

Driver:  Callaway Rogue SZ Proj. X Even Flow 6.0

3W:       TM M3  S

Hyb:      Titleist 816 H1 motore Tour Spec S

4-PW:   Mizuno MP20 HMB TT AMT white S

50&54*:Mizuno S18

60*:       Mizuno T20

1. How long have you been playing golf? 26 years  What’s your handicap or normal score? Index is 5.8

2. What do you love about golf? Golf is the  purest and most rewarding individual sport when properly executed and the most miserable and awful one swing later.  The concentration and focus required while still being relaxed is the greatest escape aside from flying down a black diamond run with the fear of dismemberment riding on your shoulder.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Love the unbiased views on equipment and the fresh takes on topics of interest.  I spend plenty of time and money on this "hobby" and like the information and opinions of the reviewers.  Always check GS before making buys.

4. Where are you from? Live in South Florida.  My home course is Bonaventure Country Club, a muni where I may or may not be the Club Champ...(I am)

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is that you can golf year round in awesome weather.  Worst, there is no worst.  I live in SoFla.,  palm trees and swimming pools!

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a lawyer but don't hold that against me.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's my name  and some numbers my wife and I appreciate.  The Avatar is a better question.  Who doesn't love a devil cheerleader repping your Initial???

Let's Go!!!!  Crush your enemies and savor the sweet taste of victory!

head shot 2.PNG

On 3/27/2020 at 3:53 PM, jlbarbour said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’ve been playing golf now for about a year so I guess I’m pretty new at it. I’m currently playing off a handicap of 14.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the challenge of golf. There’s not a lot of forgiveness and it takes a ton of practice to actually be good. I played all kinds of sports growing up but as I got older and my body couldn’t keep up with more joint stressing sports, I took up golf. Golf also allows me to spend quality time with my father which you can never get enough of.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I found MyGolfSpy through researching of clubs and golf balls. I’m sure I know another spy but I don’t actually know of any.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Raleigh, NC and my home course is either Lonnie Poole at NC State or Reedy Creek.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: The sheer number of public courses available. There’s so many good public courses around that are highly maintained and extremely nice. Worst: slow play haha...but I think that exists everywhere 

6. What do you do for a living? I work in pharmaceutical manufacturing at a company called Novo Nordisk. 

7.  How’d you pick your user name? It’s my first 2 initials and my last name.

I live about 3 hours east of Raleigh in Elizabeth City. Wanting to come over that way for a golf weekend. I see what you said your home courses are, but what courses would you recommend an out of towner coming into town and playing?

Right Handed

On 2/11/2020 at 9:56 AM, Mugsy101 said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've just been playing 2 years now, my normal scores are 90-93, and my Handicap is around 18-19.

2. What do you love about golf?  I love getting out, meeting new people, having fun despite those few bad shots, and how challenging the game is.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I've seen several post show up on my FB feed and was encouraged to check the site out after going and having a club fitting for new irons with Bob Vansweden.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I live in clearwater, florida, my home course is Wentworth golf club in Tarpon Springs.  But I'm always looking and trying to play at new courses.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The best thing is year round golf and plenty of quality courses within a 15-30 minute drive, as well as good practice facilities near me.  The worst thing is when the snow birds come down, they fill up the course and play extremely slow and don't care about other golfers on the course.  This includes not filling divots and repairing greens.

6. What do you do for a living? I'm in sales in the mortgage business.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Muggsy Bogues

I lived in the Clearwater/St Pete area for about 8 years. Absolutely no place like it in my opinion. Love it down there. 

Right Handed

On 3/29/2020 at 11:58 PM, boberamos said:
  1. Where are you from? What is your home course? --Asheville, NC but playing out of the Virginian in Bristol, VA.

You ever check out Burger Bar in Bristol, VA? They make the best burgers in the area. I highly recommend the Oh My Cheese (patty between two grilled cheese sandiwches) and the parm fries or sweet potato fries if you're feeling indulgent.

Edited by jwlong410
Removed personal info

:titelist-small: TSi3 @ 9° w/ Tensei AV White 65         :titelist-small: TSi2 5W @ 14.5° w/ Tensei AV White 75

:taylormade-small: P790 4-7, P760 8-PW w/ Project X 6.0          :vokey-small: 50°, 56°, 60°

:scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport Mid-Slant          :titelist-small: Hybrid 14 Stand Bag          :titelist-small: ProV1

3 hours ago, MALyons31 said:

I live about 3 hours east of Raleigh in Elizabeth City. Wanting to come over that way for a golf weekend. I see what you said your home courses are, but what courses would you recommend an out of towner coming into town and playing?

If I had to recommend 1 course, it would definitely be Lonnie Poole at NC State. It’s an Arnold Palmer designed course (last one he ever designed actually). It’s a bit expensive but totally worth it. 

A few other good ones in the area are The Neuse (20 minutes east of Raleigh), Pine Hollow (15 minutes east of Raleigh), and Falls Village (15 minutes west of Raleigh). Falls Village went through an ownership change and redid all greens, tee boxes, and bunkers. It’s a beautiful course, so don’t pay attention to the old bad reviews (picture of their scenic par 5 below)541BAAE0-1592-4F23-919B-B9D025277E0C.thumb.jpeg.f43b2a6cb58cbf73133adda14e298d77.jpeg

MGS New Member Introduction: Southeast Region

Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Florida

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing for about 30 years and p,at to a 3.1 handicap.

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge and being out on a beautiful golf course. Nothing better than green grass, blue sky, and fresh air.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've been around a while but mostly read all the equipment reviews. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From Greeneville TN and my home course is Link Hills CC.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Courses are generally  hilly and great views. Worst thing are the sand traps are not generally a good quality sand. NOTHE east TN has a lot of red clay in the soil. So traps are generally a dirt trap with hard pan.

6. What do you do for a living? Regional Sales Manager

7. How’d you pick your user name? I just stated the obvious! Have a 100 yard hole at the house, simulator in the basement. Love to play and read about golf.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Although I have been a member since 2015, I unfortunately have not participated in the forums.  At 78 yrs old I have been playing for approx. 60 yrs and carry a hdcp in the low teens.  Have also moved up to a forward tee box playing 5500 yds.

As others have said, MGS is the Consumer Reports of golf and the info provided is truly amazing.  Always look forward to their reports and Always rely on them.

I am retired and live in Anderson SC and play at the Walker Course T Clemson Univ.  The best thing about golf in my area is year round play, the worst is the heat /humidity in JulyAugust.

18A751BA-9D76-4A69-8E0F-398EE94B7054.jpeg

• How long have you been playing golf? owned a set of clubs since 1972, played a little in high school and about 5 times from 1974-2018. Since Retiring in 2018, I played two-three rounds a week. 
    What’s your handicap or normal score? 19

• What do you love about golf? Playing with friends and my two grandsons and how the playing is never the same. 

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy?  I saw a post on Twitter and decided that during this Covid-19 pandemic I would checkout this socially distancing friendly forum 😉
     Do you already know any other Spies? Not sure  

• Where are you from? N.C. What is your home course? Landolakes Golf Course, Whiteville, NC

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best- Climate..not too many days we can’t play year round. Worst- Extreme heat and humidity for me is worse than our “cold” conditions. The Humid heat just rings me out and takes me longer to physically recover.

• What do you do for a living? Retired public school educator  

• How’d you pick your user name? I just my name, problly not the best idea. Maybe I should change it to something more “forumish”.   

John Blake

North Carolina

• How long have you been playing golf? I’ve been playing since my sophomore year in college. 
    What’s your handicap or normal score? Been as low as a 9. Normal score is high 80’s.

• What do you love about golf? I fell in love with the game in college after I got injured playing football. I stayed on as a coach and didn’t totally realize how lucky I was playing relatively free golf and having a preferred tee-time.   

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy?  I have been coming to this site a lot for as long as I can remember. I love new golf tech. I have been into this stuff since I read my 1st Hotlist.
    Do you already know any other Spies? No

• Where are you from? I am in Bradenton Fl now. 
    What is your home course? Homeless

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best is the # of courses. The worst is the good rates sometimes price me out in the winter.

• What do you do for a living? High School teacher and Head Football Coach.

• How’d you pick your user name? Student ID in college.

Taylormade Woods

Cobra Hybrid

Hogan Irons
HiToe Wedges

Spider Putter

Snell MTBX golf balls 

21 hours ago, Stanrock22 said:

Warren from Ga. 10 handicap. Glad to be involved.

If you don't mind me asking, where in Ga.?

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

23 hours ago, Stanrock22 said:

Warren from Ga. 10 handicap. Glad to be involved.

Welcome aboard!  Go Dawgs!

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Good day all!

1. How long have you been playing golf?  16 years What’s your handicap or normal score? 14

2. What do you love about golf? People, it’s challenging and fun  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I’ve been following on YouTube and other forms of media. Do you already know any other Spies?  No

4. Where are you from? Fayetteville, NC What is your home course? Fort Bragg

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Plenty of golf!!!  Restrictions from COVID crisis

6. What do you do for a living? Career Advisor 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Kept it simple

Titleist 917D3 Driver

Ping 3 wood

Nickent 3Hybrid

PXG Gen 3 Irons 3-PW

Ping Sigma 2 Blade Putter

ProV1x golf balls

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal scores?                          Hello my name is Ryan, I have only been playing golf for 2 3/4 years but have worked really hard on my game and with my coach to get down to a 5.3 handicap.

2. What do you love about golf?                                I love 2 big things about golf, 1 that it brings people together, and you get to spend time with other that you otherwise wouldn't get to. Also I love that golf is so much different from any other sport over ever participated in. A level head and good attitude will yeild the best results, whereas everything else I've ever done is so emotionally driven. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?                             Really got hooked after seeing the mgs ball test last year. Still play the Snell mtb x

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?                                                                     I live in Pensacola Florida and am a member at scenic hill country club

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?                                                         Pensacola is mostly cheap golf but not very nice courses

6. What do you do for a living?                                  I am a gym owner and actually train some very talented golfers

7. How’d you pick your user name?                          Some username over had for everything since I was a kid lol

On 3/28/2020 at 1:16 PM, DamYankinGA said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? I got started golfing when I was 11 with an old set of clubs sitting in the basement. I guess that makes it 38 years What’s your handicap or normal score? 14

2. What do you love about golf?  I love the competition against yourself and being outdoors.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I decided to get really serious and invest in quality equipment. Do you already know any other Spies? Not yet

4. Where are you from? Originally from Wisconsin but now living in the promised land just outside Augusta, GA What is your home course?  Rocky Branch Golf Course

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Being originally from Wisconsin, I love that I can golf year round but it sure gets hot in August  

6. What do you do for a living? Senior Reactor Operator

7. How’d you pick your user name?  It was recently explained to me what the difference is between a yankee and a dam yankee.  And I are one. 

Welcome aboard and you will no doubt love it in your area.  I lived in Augusta for 13 years and enjoyed that location!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)