TESTERS WANTED! ×

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1. How long have you been playing golf? I started when I was just 5 but got serious when I was 13. I'm almost 30 now. What’s your handicap or normal score? 6-8

2. What do you love about golf? Everything. Being outside, being with friends, having competition.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I've been a part of golf forums for a long time and have been here as a reader for over 8 years. I was on staff as a writer/reviewer for another website for a long time so I spent all of my time there. I'm really looking forward to engaging in golf talk again and connecting with local golfers. Do you already know any other Spies? I didn't know that I did, but I see two old friends on this page alone. DawgDaddy and ole gray, hopefully they remember me! We played at Lake Jonesco!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Ellijay, GA and spent five years in Statesboro, GA at Georgia Southern University. I play all over the place but live at Whitepath Golf Course and play pretty often there.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best is the elevation changes, they can lead to some fun shots. The worst is the elveation changes, they can lead to some awful shots.

6. What do you do for a living? I'm currently working in tech support, but my degree is in Middle Grades Education and Coaching.

7. How’d you pick your user name? When I made this over 8 years ago I apparently lacked creativity because it's just my first and last name.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

18 hours ago, Josh Ross said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? I started when I was just 5 but got serious when I was 13. I'm almost 30 now. What’s your handicap or normal score? 6-8

2. What do you love about golf? Everything. Being outside, being with friends, having competition.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I've been a part of golf forums for a long time and have been here as a reader for over 8 years. I was on staff as a writer/reviewer for another website for a long time so I spent all of my time there. I'm really looking forward to engaging in golf talk again and connecting with local golfers. Do you already know any other Spies? I didn't know that I did, but I see two old friends on this page alone. DawgDaddy and ole gray, hopefully they remember me! We played at Lake Jonesco!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Ellijay, GA and spent five years in Statesboro, GA at Georgia Southern University. I play all over the place but live at Whitepath Golf Course and play pretty often there.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best is the elevation changes, they can lead to some fun shots. The worst is the elveation changes, they can lead to some awful shots.

6. What do you do for a living? I'm currently working in tech support, but my degree is in Middle Grades Education and Coaching.

7. How’d you pick your user name? When I made this over 8 years ago I apparently lacked creativity because it's just my first and last name.

Hey Josh,  How's life been treating you?  

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

4 hours ago, DawgDaddy said:

Hey Josh,  How's life been treating you?  

It has been awesome. Got a five year old nephew that is the greatest thing ever. He's gonna be quite the golfer I think! Hope you're doing well, we should all get together for a round when this virus clears up.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

Speaking of playing, are there ever any GA meetups with other MGS members?

Edited by Josh Ross

On 3/28/2020 at 1:16 PM, DamYankinGA said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? I got started golfing when I was 11 with an old set of clubs sitting in the basement. I guess that makes it 38 years What’s your handicap or normal score? 14

2. What do you love about golf?  I love the competition against yourself and being outdoors.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I decided to get really serious and invest in quality equipment. Do you already know any other Spies? Not yet

4. Where are you from? Originally from Wisconsin but now living in the promised land just outside Augusta, GA What is your home course?  Rocky Branch Golf Course

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Being originally from Wisconsin, I love that I can golf year round but it sure gets hot in August  

6. What do you do for a living? Senior Reactor Operator

7. How’d you pick your user name?  It was recently explained to me what the difference is between a yankee and a dam yankee.  And I are one. 

Are you a "glow in the dark" SRO or more of a combustion guy?

On 4/7/2020 at 2:25 AM, Josh Ross said:

Welcome aboard Josh and glad you joined us!  I live in Watkinsville, Ga. now and play out of Lane Creek. You and DawgDaddy will have to come play soon.   

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

5 hours ago, ole gray said:

Welcome aboard Josh and glad you joined us!  I live in Watkinsville, Ga. now and play out of Lane Creek. You and DawgDaddy will have to come play soon.   

I would love to! We'll make it happen for sure.

Greetings!

Been doing the physical distancing thing from Northeast Florida, and until last week was able to play golf locally.  The course manager told me they closed because the golfers wouldn't didn't respect the rules they established to protect the employees. Oh well, will search the local area and see if I can find an open course.

Been playing the better part of 50 years, sometimes a lot, sometimes almost never, depended on work, etc.  Share time between Hong Kong and Florida.  Lived in China for about 8 years, it was a life changing (for the better) experience.  

I fly airplanes for a living, and got my handle that way.  I've been lucky to do what a 4 year old boy dreamed about, and made it career.  

Something about being out on a course either alone or with a group that is magic.  I can relish the good times, and only blame myself for the bad.  Never had a feeling like a well struck shot, or sinking a "snake" of a putt.  

My handicap has been anywhere from 24.5 to 11.2 depending on time and effort, and about a year ago, decided to see how low I can get it again.  Some great instructors alone the way and when you see the results of practice, it is wonderful.

Played some great courses all over the world, my favorite is still St. Andrews, that story just keeps getting better...LOL . Australia, NZ, China, HK, Thailand, Vietnam, Germany, Scotland, England, Spain, Argentina, Mexico, Jamaica, Bermuda, D.R., Canada, and probably a couple more.  Those are some great memories on golf courses and meeting and playing with some wonderful people (and a couple of A-holes), that make it worth the walk.

Looking forward to interacting and learning from all of you, I'm really just a sponge trying to soak up a little knowledge and stay out of the way.

Greetings!
Been doing the physical distancing thing from Northeast Florida, and until last week was able to play golf locally.  The course manager told me they closed because the golfers wouldn't didn't respect the rules they established to protect the employees. Oh well, will search the local area and see if I can find an open course.
Been playing the better part of 50 years, sometimes a lot, sometimes almost never, depended on work, etc.  Share time between Hong Kong and Florida.  Lived in China for about 8 years, it was a life changing (for the better) experience.  
I fly airplanes for a living, and got my handle that way.  I've been lucky to do what a 4 year old boy dreamed about, and made it career.  
Something about being out on a course either alone or with a group that is magic.  I can relish the good times, and only blame myself for the bad.  Never had a feeling like a well struck shot, or sinking a "snake" of a putt.  
My handicap has been anywhere from 24.5 to 11.2 depending on time and effort, and about a year ago, decided to see how low I can get it again.  Some great instructors alone the way and when you see the results of practice, it is wonderful.
Played some great courses all over the world, my favorite is still St. Andrews, that story just keeps getting better...LOL . Australia, NZ, China, HK, Thailand, Vietnam, Germany, Scotland, England, Spain, Argentina, Mexico, Jamaica, Bermuda, D.R., Canada, and probably a couple more.  Those are some great memories on golf courses and meeting and playing with some wonderful people (and a couple of A-holes), that make it worth the walk.
Looking forward to interacting and learning from all of you, I'm really just a sponge trying to soak up a little knowledge and stay out of the way.

Welcome from Georgia!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Hello all! Glad to be a part of this forum and a part of My Golf Spy.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started playing in H.S. and played casually through my 20's. Finally started to work on my game and join a club about 3 years ago. My handicap is a 10 coming out of the winter golf season. 

2. What do you love about golf? Like many MyGolfSpy followers it's not love it's an obsession with the game. I love playing with my buddies and enjoying cold beers, I love the competition of my clubs golf season, and I love playing golf with my wife and sons. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I started listening to the No Putts Given podcast last year and eventually started utilizing MyGolfSpy as my go to unbiased golf outlet for equipment research. I work in manufacturing, and work closely with our R&D and commercialization teams. MyGolfSpy's process rigor really impressed me and I truly appreciated their level of transparency. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Lodi, CA originally. Home for the past 5 years is Gallatin, TN (greater Nashville). My home course is Tennessee Grasslands, both Lakes and Links. I live on the links course, which I would consider my home course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: Is the Zoysia fairways, the affordable country clubs, and the popularity of the sport. Worst: The lack of public course options in Nashville.

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a Manufacturing Operations Manager for a large food company.

7.  How’d you pick your user name? It's my instagram handle.

On 4/9/2020 at 3:52 AM, KillerGees said:

Are you a "glow in the dark" SRO or more of a combustion guy?

"Glow in the dark" type.

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Project X EvenFlow Black 75 6.0

:ping-small: G410 3-Wood PING Alta CB 65 Red Stiff

:taylormade-small:GAPR Mid 3

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue 4-PW

Tour Edge Hot Launch SS Wedges 50, 54, 58

:1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact Series #3

:Arccos:

15 hours ago, khkyle86 said:

Hello all! Glad to be a part of this forum and a part of My Golf Spy.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started playing in H.S. and played casually through my 20's. Finally started to work on my game and join a club about 3 years ago. My handicap is a 10 coming out of the winter golf season. 

2. What do you love about golf? Like many MyGolfSpy followers it's not love it's an obsession with the game. I love playing with my buddies and enjoying cold beers, I love the competition of my clubs golf season, and I love playing golf with my wife and sons. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I started listening to the No Putts Given podcast last year and eventually started utilizing MyGolfSpy as my go to unbiased golf outlet for equipment research. I work in manufacturing, and work closely with our R&D and commercialization teams. MyGolfSpy's process rigor really impressed me and I truly appreciated their level of transparency. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Lodi, CA originally. Home for the past 5 years is Gallatin, TN (greater Nashville). My home course is Tennessee Grasslands, both Lakes and Links. I live on the links course, which I would consider my home course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: Is the Zoysia fairways, the affordable country clubs, and the popularity of the sport. Worst: The lack of public course options in Nashville.

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a Manufacturing Operations Manager for a large food company.

7.  How’d you pick your user name? It's my instagram handle.

Welcome! I agree, Zoysia is by far my favorite fairway. The only course I've played in Nashville was Gaylord Springs.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• The first time I played was when I was about 11.  I'm a natural lefty, but the only clubs my cousins had were right handed.  Yet, I fell in love with the game.  Got serious about it a year or two later and found a set of lefty clubs at a yard sale.  30+ years later, and I went from a beginner to playing four years in college and now a decent amateur who wishes he could play more!

2. What do you love about golf?

• I love to compete against the course and the conditions.  I loved team sports growing up, but there is something special about just you, your clubs, the course, and the ball.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• I've been getting emails for some time.  Didn't know the forums were here.  Got an email about entering to win SuperSpeed Golf prize and found myself here.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

• Columbia, TN - don't really have a home course, but you can find me at Henry Horton practice green or the Little Course in Franklin when I want to concentrate on practice.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• Best - good number of golf courses

• Worst - the heat/humidity during the summer

6. What do you do for a living?

• Software Engineer

7. How’d you pick your user name?

• Not sure I have yet, just my name.  Will probably go with jasjar72 if it is available.  (72 = even par)

• TaylorMade R15 460cc w/ Fujikura Speeder 661 Evolution Tour Spec R
  • TaylorMade R11 5 Wood w/ Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.0 S
  • Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4-GW w/ True Temper XP 105 S300
  • Titleist Vokey SM5 54* F Grind
  • Titleist Vokey SM5 58* M Grind
  • SeeMore Original FGP w/ SuperStroke 1.0 Flatso

Tennessee

Hello, all. New member living in Parkland, FL.

1. Played my first round of golf in 1997 or so. Never played much more than 1 or 2x per year until I moved to Florida last year. 1st goal is to break 100.

2. What do you love about golf? Never ending challenge.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've been consuming your content for a good while but just joined to try to become a tester for the Superspeed golf training.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Originally from Southern California. Now living in South Florida where I play most often at Deer Creek GC in Deerfield Beach.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is that you can play year round. Worst = no such thing!

6. What do you do for a living? I am a tech geek - I work for a company that builds develops content management software and our customers are mostly energy sector (oil and gas and nuclear primarily) companies.

7. How’d you pick your user name?my initials and my last name...

:ping-small: G410+ 12° Fujikura Pro 2.0 5 S
:taylormade-small: 15° SIM Max Slay 65 S
:titelist-small: 18° TSi2 TENSEI AV RAW Blue 65 S
:callaway-small: 20°/23° RougueX | 6-PW RougueX
:vokey-small: SM8 50.08F/56.12D/60.08M
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab #7
:titelist-small: Pro V1, Pro V1x, AVX (aka undecided - testing in progress)

Right hander with 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 heritage --> Born in the 🇺🇸

must be restrictions on new members from replying to the testers wanted topic. 

Anyone know what's required to be able to apply to be a selected as a tester for the superspeed golf training?

I don't see how to reply to that thread but I also just joined the forum a few minutes ago.

EDIT: Yeah, gotta get past recruit status before I can join the testing.

Edited by CDMcAllister
update

:ping-small: G410+ 12° Fujikura Pro 2.0 5 S
:taylormade-small: 15° SIM Max Slay 65 S
:titelist-small: 18° TSi2 TENSEI AV RAW Blue 65 S
:callaway-small: 20°/23° RougueX | 6-PW RougueX
:vokey-small: SM8 50.08F/56.12D/60.08M
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab #7
:titelist-small: Pro V1, Pro V1x, AVX (aka undecided - testing in progress)

Right hander with 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 heritage --> Born in the 🇺🇸

1. How long have you been playing golf? 20+ years. What’s your handicap or normal score? 8 handicap

2. What do you love about golf? My dad taught me to love how challenging it is and how it will teach me patience in life.  Now that I’m a father of two and soon to be three I can pass those lessons and love to my children

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I’ve listened to the podcast and wanted to get more involved with others who have the same passion of golf and equipment like me

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I’m in Buford GA

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? You can play year round which is awesome but it gets pretty crowded everywhere bc of it

6. What do you do for a living? Pharmaceutical sales

7. How’d you pick your user name? Lack of creativity?

Edited by JKim2

I am a new member but have been a golfer for almost 30 years.  

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 29 years and currently carrying a 9.6 index but that is down 2 shots in the last month as the weather warms up and course in NC dries out and the grass comes in. 

2. What do you love about golf? Traveling to new places and meeting new folks to golf with, playing vs. and with my golfing friends, walking 9 late in the afternoon when you have the course to yourself - except lately because folks are flooding to the course as one of the few things they can do during current pandemic, getting better by working on my game 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  A friend told me at GolfSpy and been checking it out 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Near Charlotte NC - Northstone CC is my home club 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best this is the variety - Pinehurst next Saturday 2 hours from home, mountains 1.5 - 2 hours away for cooler summer golf, coastal golf 3.5-4 hours away and you can golf year round.  Worst things - the heat in July, Aug, Sept - makes it tough to walk 9 late in the day and is just pure heat during afternoon rounds. 

6. What do you do for a living? help sell software

I live in NC, golf as often as possible, play the Amateur Players Tour when I can 

1) 56 years; 98-104 typical round

2) it is a game for life.  Love being outdoors but not crazy about  the spring pollen

3) Came to MGS  for the healing waters.....to heal and improve my game and get unbiased equipment news and reviews.

4) Originally from New Orleans.  Currently Sandy Springs, GA. Steele Canyon, Browns Mill, Tup Holmes

5) Year round golf.  Four distinct seasons. Too few public/semi public courses

6) Semi- retired, deliver food 3 days a week

7) Been following the Tigers since '59 everywhere I've lived.

Hello MGS community,

My name is Nathan Watkins, I've been playing golf for roughly 35 years but have really only taken it seriously for about the last 10. My current handicap is 10, I usually shoot in the low 80s with the odd high score and even odder lower score. I love golf for the same reasons many love golf - I'm always chasing that perfect shot, that perfect hole, that perfect round. It's great to be part of nature in a sport that forces you to understand it and react to it. I came to MyGolfSpy out of a desire for more knowledge about the sport, and to extend in to a greater golf community. My brother is active here, has been for a while and I thought it time for me to join in. I'm originally from the Austin TX area, however currently hang my hat in Augusta. I play several courses in the area, but Forest Hills is my go-to because it's closest, and being a Bobby Jones course it gives me a sense of old-fashioned golf on a course that machinery didn't make bend its will to the designer. Best thing about golf here is that it's year-round and accessible, and I can't really say that there's a down side to golf here except maybe that during summer months the heat can be brutal. I am an active duty Army officer, trying to retire. My user name is a name I use on pretty much every forum I'm a member.

910 D3, M3 3w, PXG 0211 4"h", Adams CMB 5-G, Vokey 6 52/56, PXG Dagger

Hello fellow Golf Spies. Hope all of you are doing well despite the quarantine.

1. I have been playing golf poorly for about 16 years off and on. Handicap is roughly a 15-20 depending on the day and how often I have been playing.

2. I love that no matter how often I practice/play there is always some area of my game to improve. Currently it is all of it.

3. A friend of mine has sent a few reviews in the past so I started following the Instagram page about a year ago. I have been following the reviews so often that I wanted to get a bit more involved. 

4. I live in the greater Nashville area but don't have a "Home Course."

5. Best thing, there are quite a few great courses. Worst thing, they tend to be overcrowded and quite expensive to play.

6. Work in Insurance.

7. No real reason behind it and was not creative...

4 hours ago, Nath75 said:

Hello MGS community,

My name is Nathan Watkins, I've been playing golf for roughly 35 years but have really only taken it seriously for about the last 10. My current handicap is 10, I usually shoot in the low 80s with the odd high score and even odder lower score. I love golf for the same reasons many love golf - I'm always chasing that perfect shot, that perfect hole, that perfect round. It's great to be part of nature in a sport that forces you to understand it and react to it. I came to MyGolfSpy out of a desire for more knowledge about the sport, and to extend in to a greater golf community. My brother is active here, has been for a while and I thought it time for me to join in. I'm originally from the Austin TX area, however currently hang my hat in Augusta. I play several courses in the area, but Forest Hills is my go-to because it's closest, and being a Bobby Jones course it gives me a sense of old-fashioned golf on a course that machinery didn't make bend its will to the designer. Best thing about golf here is that it's year-round and accessible, and I can't really say that there's a down side to golf here except maybe that during summer months the heat can be brutal. I am an active duty Army officer, trying to retire. My user name is a name I use on pretty much every forum I'm a member.

Welcome! I'm in Augusta a few times a year, might have to get a round in some time. I've played Bartram Trail and next on my list is Champions Retreat.

Started playing in 1972.    Current handicap is 21.  I like the competition and the game.  To me it is like playing pool on a giant scale.     I belong to the TaylorMade and Callaway sites and they frequently send me equipment to try out, so it made sense to use MyGolfSpy.     Currently Orlando, Fl..   Twin Rivers course, Oviedo, Fl..  There are a multitude of courses to choose from but too much competition to stay in business and keep a course in playing shape.    State Plumbing contractor and work directly for the Orlando International Airport.     Born in Ohio in Nicklaus country.

Gary F. Sweat.

How long have you been playing golf?

20 years

What’s your handicap or normal score?

I dont play in winter, so spring can be a struggle bus sometimes. Mid 70s for average though.

What do you love about golf?

Really just being outdoors, and competing.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy?

I usually read the feeds when I'm looking for equipment, guess I may as well return the favor!

Do you already know any other Spies? No

Where are you from?

Esom Hill GA

What is your home course?

Good question... I play a lot of courses, my buddy is the pro at Meadow Lakes so I guess that would be it.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Winters are wet 24/7, why I dont play in winter. Best... There are alot of mountainous courses with nice views and wild layouts.

What do you do for a living?

The Fuzz, Twelve, Five-0

How’d you pick your user name?

Well it's my work nickname....Long Story..

On 2/11/2019 at 4:25 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Southeast Region

Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Florida

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been golfing for 8 years. I generally shoot in the low 90s. If I had to guess my handicap is around 14.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the constant pursuit of getting better. I love the equipment side a lot. golf club history is a big part of my golf love.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? MyGolfSpy has been a consistent source of equipment news for me over the years. Especially the underrated golf balls that have been recommended.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from the West TN are and play mostly public courses around Memphis. Grew up in Arlington.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best things are that there are lots of public courses with reasonsble fees. Worst thing is that most courses I play are poorly managed.

6. What do you do for a living? I am a full time college student. So I have my irons in a lot of fires at the moment.

7. How’d you pick your user name? The tj2k piece has been a big part of everything I do social media wise and golfer is self explanatory LOL

Hello fellow Golf Spy friend's:

1. Been playing since I was about 6 yrs. old.. Shoot in the high 80''s mid 90's. So about a 14 handicap.

2. Love getting out and walking when possible. Love to look at the layout of each hole as you stand on the tee box. It's a game that you can never win but improve upon and when you hit a great shot or make a birdie it gives you a rush that keeps you playing.

3. Like reading the articles. Don't know any other spies.

4. Born in Maine but have lived in North Carolina all of my life. I live a mile from Country Hills Golf Course but like to play a muni in downtown Greensboro called Gillespie Golf Course.

5. Best thing is there are several courses to play. Worst thing is when it's cold and playing is not possible.

6. I'm a Civil/Surveying Technician. I sit in front of a computer all day long.

7. I've always had a Ping club in the bag & my initials are MV.

Wilson D7 Irons with KBS Tour 80 Reg Flex Shafts

PING G410 Plus with ALTA CB Red 55g SR Flex Shaft

Callaway Super hybrid factory shaft with R flex

Taylormade Rocketballz 5 metal with factory Graphite Shaft reg flex

Ping Eye 2 Becu Sand & Lob wedges

Scotty Cameron Futura X7

Wilson Staff DUO

I’ve been playing since the year of 1969 so 51 years , my cousin let hit his clubs with plastic whiffle  balls back in the mid 60’s then another cousin took on the course first time in 69 . Handicap has been everywhere from 4- 16 as it is now .

my love of golf is multifunctional, it’s a game I love alone or with my adult sons or with my best friends or strangers 

My Golf Spy attracted me with its reviews and true tests that were results driven not sponsor driven , I especially enjoy the No Putts Given sessions as quite informative and have found myself more and more logging on to check out the latest 

I’m originally from Ohio but have relocated here in Central Florida in The Villages where I can stay active now that we are retired. I love being able to play every month of the year and log over 200 rounds yearly . All the Villages courses are my home course now and winter golf isn’t nearly as well conditioned as summer when there’s less play .

I’m retired from The Kroger Company after 45 years there in many capacities.

Hi Garwood is my name here , picked it up in the early 80’s on a Myrtle Beach good trip 

1. I have played golf for about 10 years, but really started to develop an obsession for it 1 year ago.

2.  My Handicap is around 25-30ish, I usually shoot 104,  will be breaking 100 post-COVID-19!!!!

3. I love competing against myself, I love the feeling of a perfectly struck swing (doesn't happen much, but nonetheless I love it)

4. I have followed mygolfspy on instagram and also on their podcast. I love their data driven approach.

5.  I dont think I know any other spies...

6. I am from Ottawa, Canada but currently living  Miami, Fl

7. I play the public courses in Miami including Palmetto, Crandon Park Golf, Granada, Greynolds

8.  What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The weather and The Weather!

9. What do you do for a living? I work in the medical field

10.  How’d you pick your user name?  A cheeky play on my last name

Hey everyone! I just joined the forum and excited to share and learn on a great forum!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Since I was 3 so a little over 22 years. Normal scores for me are around a 68-70. I am a +3 handicap.

2. What do you love about golf? Golf is the best sport on the planet. I love that it is only a challenge of you and golf course. Golf has also given me the chance to meet so many great people that share my passion for the game.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don’t know any of the Spies yet but I am an equipment enthusiast and y’all have the best reviews.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Savannah, GA and I play out of The Club at Savannah Harbor

5. What do you do for a living? I am a PGA professional.

6. How’d you pick your user name? I’m a Clemson grad so I had to show some love for the Tigers!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing golf for 20 plus years.  My hndcp is 8.6

2. What do you love about golf?  I love being on the course and enjoying Gods handy work!  The perfect manicured grass, the smell, the sounds of a well struck shot.  The sound of the ball rattling around in the cup!  I just love golf!  Talking golf, watching golf, watching golf youtube videos.  Just a great game full of friends and integrity.  Some times i think i love it more than I should, but man i cant help it!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I just love reading about all things golf and connecting to other golfers.  Don't know anyone on here.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I'm from Louisville Kentucky.  Don't really have a home course.  I play all over

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Golf here is pretty cheap and really good.  Don't really have many complaints about the golf here.

6. What do you do for a living?  I work for Ford Motor Company at the Kentucky Truck Plant

7. How’d you pick your user name?  First initial last name