TESTERS WANTED! ×

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1. I have been playing golf for approximately 10 years! I am 37 yrs old. My handicap is about a 14 currently.

2. Golf has allowed me to meet wonderful people from all works of life. It has been such a blessing! The game itself is so the ultimate metaphor for life. We can prepare, make decisions, and execute an action. Outcomes can be rewarding and also unrewarded due to circumstances not in our control. Either way, we must learn to cope, recover, and just take it all in as we enjoy the ride. 

3. Ive always been an avid reader of the reviews and other content. Ive decided to join the community so I can contribute.

4. Augusta, Ga!! Current home course is Belle Meade Country Club.

5. Cant complain about any of the golf courses. I enjoy them all.

6. I am in the medical profession.

7. My username is borrowed from the baseball movie to describe golf as my most passionate sport.

"The greatest pleasure is obtained in improving" - Ben Hogan

On 4/17/2020 at 7:17 PM, P0ndW8ter said:

How long have you been playing golf?

20 years

What’s your handicap or normal score?

I dont play in winter, so spring can be a struggle bus sometimes. Mid 70s for average though.

What do you love about golf?

Really just being outdoors, and competing.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy?

I usually read the feeds when I'm looking for equipment, guess I may as well return the favor!

Do you already know any other Spies? No

Where are you from?

Esom Hill GA

What is your home course?

Good question... I play a lot of courses, my buddy is the pro at Meadow Lakes so I guess that would be it.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Winters are wet 24/7, why I dont play in winter. Best... There are alot of mountainous courses with nice views and wild layouts.

What do you do for a living?

The Fuzz, Twelve, Five-0

How’d you pick your user name?

Well it's my work nickname....Long Story..

Welcome!

How long have you been playing golf? about 40 years

What’s your handicap or normal score? I'm 8 something.  Been as low as scratch when I was a kid.

What do you love about golf? everything - travel, friends, crap shots, good shots, minor clubmaking! 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? My friend recommended it and I love the reviews

Do you already know any other Spies? Just a few.

Where are you from? London, UK now living in Charlotte, NC 

What is your home course?  Cedarwood.  relatively simple driving course but the greens are a great defence 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Pretty much golf 365 and the NC area isn't bad for courses!
What do you do for a living? I'm the Co-Founder of an IT firm.

How’d you pick your user name? You should be able to guess from the previous answers.

Kids, golf & footy

Hello Everyone,'

1. How long have you been playing golf?  What is your handicap or normal score?
     I've been playing for about 46 years.  I'm a 6.2 index with an average score of 80-81.

2. What do I love about golf?
     I love the competition against other golfers and the course (even though the course always wins).  I also love to travel to play top 100 public golf courses.

3. What brings me to MyGolfSpy?  I purchased a SkyTrak unit and am trying to learn about other products I can utilize in my indoor set up.

4. Where am I from and what course to I normally play?  I live in Valrico, Fl and normally play at Bloomingdale Golfers Club.

5. What is the best and worst about the region in which I live?  The best thing about living in the southeast is that we can play all year long.  The worst part about playing in Florida is the heat from May through October.

6. What do I do for a living?  I'm a tax consultant for corporations/partnerships.

7. How did I choose my username?  My username is a combination of my first and last name, which has been my nickname since college.

Hi All,  

New member here and glad to be part of the forum.  I’m 52 and currently live in Milton, GA and am a member of Crooked Creek Club.  Been back in the Atlanta area for 4 years now and have spent most of my adult life here except for a couple of 6 year stints in Macon,GA and Katy, TX. I’m in manufacturing operations and have always managed or directed mineral mining and processing plants.  Boring, I know, but pays the bills.  I somehow managed to out kick my coverage and have a double beautiful wife (inside and out) and 2 teenage boys who are everything to me. 
Ive been playing golf since my 20’s and my current index is about 10 and coming down (my club won’t allow posting of scores during CoViD due to raised cups).  I don’t think I’ve ever been more excited about my game.  In fact, I’m hitting the ball farther than I ever have due to a recent lesson with a Plane Truth Instructor in the Baltimore area.  I finally quit trying to make my swing fit what I thought it should look like, and changed to what my natural athletic ability produces, and it has freed me up and made a huge difference.  If you don’t know about the Plane Truth, look them up.  
I love the challenge of golf.  I’m a bit of a perfectionist so golf is something you can never master but I enjoy the process of always trying.  
I love the Golf Spy Reviews, both official testing and the unofficial ones from the members. 
My username is just my name. 
Glad to be here and looking forward to being a part of this great community. 

Glad to have found this forum while in quarantine!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing golf since I was 9 years old - if my brothers were taking lessons, I wasn't going to miss out because I'm a girl - so that makes it 47 years with a chunk of time off in my 20s-30s to manage some serious back issues and then my mid-40s, early 50s because of a job that required extensive travel. I moved to the Charleston area in late 2015 and am getting back to the game.

2. What do you love about golf? The camaraderie and that it's a lifetime sport.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Stumbled across a blog about club manufacturers and COVID-19. I ordered a new set of TaylorMades on March 7 with an expected delivery of mid-April. They're now delayed until July or August.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Originally from Central PA, but now live in Mount Pleasant, SC. I play at several courses in the area.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Courses are open in SC during the pandemic! The heat and humidity can be unbearable to play in - early morning tee times work best!

6. What do you do for a living? Software for social good organizations

7. How’d you pick your user name? It was my old PA vanity license plate. 

Hi All,  
New member here and glad to be part of the forum.  I’m 52 and currently live in Milton, GA and am a member of Crooked Creek Club.  Been back in the Atlanta area for 4 years now and have spent most of my adult life here except for a couple of 6 year stints in Macon,GA and Katy, TX. I’m in manufacturing operations and have always managed or directed mineral mining and processing plants.  Boring, I know, but pays the bills.  I somehow managed to out kick my coverage and have a double beautiful wife (inside and out) and 2 teenage boys who are everything to me. 
Ive been playing golf since my 20’s and my current index is about 10 and coming down (my club won’t allow posting of scores during CoViD due to raised cups).  I don’t think I’ve ever been more excited about my game.  In fact, I’m hitting the ball farther than I ever have due to a recent lesson with a Plane Truth Instructor in the Baltimore area.  I finally quit trying to make my swing fit what I thought it should look like, and changed to what my natural athletic ability produces, and it has freed me up and made a huge difference.  If you don’t know about the Plane Truth, look them up.  
I love the challenge of golf.  I’m a bit of a perfectionist so golf is something you can never master but I enjoy the process of always trying.  
I love the Golf Spy Reviews, both official testing and the unofficial ones from the members. 
My username is just my name. 
Glad to be here and looking forward to being a part of this great community. 

Welcome from Watkinsville, Ga. !

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I’m new here. Looking forward to learning and enjoying sharing information on this site.
Thanks

Glad you joined us!

Cleveland

Glad you joined us!

OG where have you been? Haven't seen you post in a while - I've missed your southern wisdom and charm

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Welcome to the forum, fellas!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:25 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Southeast Region

Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Florida

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

Hi, I'm Brad and live just outside Nashville.  A bit About me:

1. Since I was 11 so 35 years, but not a lot over the last few years.  I am gonna shoot around 85 depending on how I putt that day.

2.  What isn't to love.  Been hooked since I was a kid.  Can't imagine life otherwise.

3.  Don't know any other spies, but am a regular reader and lurker on the forums.  Time to get more involved

4. Outside Nashville, Tennessee.  Home course is hard to say, kinda play all over.

5. Best: Ability to play almost year round, Worst: Selection of good public courses, lived in Birmingham for several years and got spoiled having access to the RTJ trail.

6. Work in Capital Budgeting for public utility

7. A take on my name

In my bag (for now):

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 9.5 deg- HZRDUS Smoke 60G Stiff

3-wood: :titelist-small: TS3 15 deg- HZRDUS Smoke 70G Stiff

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H1 19 deg- Atmos HB Tour Spec- 85G

Irons: :callaway-small: Rogue Pro CF18 5iron - AW- True Temper XP105 Stiff

Wedge #1: :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws - 54-10S- Dynamic Gold 115

Wedge #2 :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws - 58.08C- Dynamic Gold 115

Putter: :odyssey-small: Triple Track Ten - 34.5 inch Stroke Lab

Bag: :callaway-small: 2020 Org 14

Ball: still being settled on, but most likely the Bridgestone B-X, also testing 2020 Chrome Soft and Titleist ProV1x (my go to for several years)

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I am a 3 handicap playing golf for over 50 years. 

2. What do you love about golf? Golf is an activity I can play with my son, my grandson/granddaughter ...hoping to play well into my late years. Its also a game that has enabled me to meet people from all over. So many experiences because of golf. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?I found golf spy by looking at reviews regarding golf stuff. At this time I don't know any spies. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Brentwood Tn. and my home course is Vanderbilt Legends. down the road in Franklin Tn. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Well the weather is great ....worst/ golf is very underserved in middle Tn. Being from Ohio ...golf both public and private is everywhere. 

6. What do you do for a living? Investor/Teacher

7. How’d you pick your user name? grandkids nick name for me and always love to play 18 holes of golf. 

New to the forum! Name is Clay, and I live in Chattanooga, TN.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have been playing golf for about 15 years.  Played growing up with my dad here and there, but really didn't pick it up until high school.  I don't play as much as I like but normally play to a 0 handicap and maybe + a few when I'm practicing and playing consistently.

2. What do you love about golf?  I love that perfection is unattainable!  There is always something to work on to improve.  Also, can't think of a much better way to spend four hours with family and friends!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Always interested in the newest technology and equipment.  I don't know anyone yet but hoping that changes soon

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Chattanooga but grew up in Birmingham.  I currently don't have a home course, but try to play the local public courses as much as possible

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Golf "season" is most of the year which is nice, but we struggle for quality public courses in the area.  Minus one or two you have to drive an hour plus to find a quality public course.  (private courses are wonderful though!!!)

6. What do you do for a living?  I am an internal consultant for a Fortune 250.  Focusing on process improvement and problem solving coaching

7. How’d you pick your user name?  It has been my nickname with family and friends since I began playing tee-ball, soccer, and basketball at age 4.

Edited by Beast

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?    I've played on and off for 40 years, but some of those droughts have been long ones.  Took the game back up 2 years ago, when my fiance fell in love with golf.  I'm a 12 handicap, working to get into single digits.

2. What do you love about golf?  Being able to play with my significant other.  It's our together time, when we walk through the woods, and hit a golf ball along the way.....   With a little friendly competition to keep it interesting.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?   I've followed the reviews for awhile, and love the unbiased approach.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?   Live in Chapel Hill NC, and play at Chapel Hill Country Club.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?    Weather can't  be beat, and access to great tracks is amazing.  Pinehurst is like heaven.

6. What do you do for a living?   I run a sales organization for a software company.

7. How’d you pick your user name?   My parents high school mascot.

Handicap 12

Driver:  TaylorMade M3 Fuji Speed Shaft R Flex

3-Wood: TaylorMade M3 Fuji Speed Shaft R Flex

Hybrids:  TaylorMade GAPR Mid, GAPR Hi

Irons:    TaylorMade P-790 5-PW, Oban Shafts, R+ Flex

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 56 Full Grind, Oban shafts, Cleveland RTX 60, Mid Grind, Oban Shaft

Putter:  Odyssey DF-550

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been plying golf for about 15 years now. Currently my handicap is a 10.3, but working to lower that.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the grind, the pursuit of consistency, the birdies, Chip ins, GIRs, And constantly trying to develop your game.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I follow MyGolfSpy on twitter and wanted to get more involved with people on the forum and look into testing opportunities

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I’m from Birmingham, AL. My GHIN is based out of RTJ Oxmoor Valley, but I love to play all the courses around Birmingham.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? It depends on how hard of a course you want to go play. Some courses are wide open where a bad drive might be in another fairway still allowing a decent shot at the green where as a lot of these RTJ courses are tougher and require consistent shots.

6. What do you do for a living? I am an engineer for the power company here in Alabama.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Just my initial of first and middle along with last name.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
     I started playing golf at age 13 and played into my early 20s, life sort of took over and I stopped playing for nearly 8 years, I just started back in January of this year. My handicap is around a 22 right now. The best my handicap has ever been was around a 14 when I played in high school.

2. What do you love about golf? Getting outside, and now that my kids are getting old enough, sharing the sport that I love the most with them.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I’ve followed MyGolfSpy for a while now on social media and decided to finally join the forum for some of my own golf questions. I would also like to be chosen for some of the  equipment reviews.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Wetumpka, Al and Emerald Mountain Golf Course is my current course of choice.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I live in Alabama so 90% of the year it is hot/warm weather, I live in Alabama so 90% of the year is hot/warm weather  😂 I can play golf nearly year round, but the heat gets pretty tough in the summer.

6. What do you do for a living? Bridge inspector for the state of Alabama.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It’s a name I’ve used for many years.

WITB - Ping G425max, Ping G400 3W, Ping I15 irons, Vokey SM7 wedges, Evnroll ER8 putter. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing for about 11 years right now to a 6.

2. What do you love about golf? it's more of a love hate relationship as i'm sure with everyone but the fact that it's different every time i play keeps me coming back

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? i like how MGS does the testing without consideration for the big companies bullying them into biased results. and that so many people it seems like are like me with "normal" access to equipment

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? from peachtree city GA home courses are 4 of them Braelinn, Planterra, Whitewater, and Flat Creek

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? best thing is we could essentially play all year round. worst thing is the heat in the summer

6. What do you do for a living? i'm and air traffic controller

7. How’d you pick your user name? first initial and last name and the number 1.  was my email in college

Hey everyone. Newbie to the forums but have used MGS website for over a year now. Started playing golf in my high school days but had to put on hiatus for life. Getting back into tho and back in love!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Cumulatively around 4 or 5 years. My GHIN is 12.9.

2. What do you love about golf? The ups and downs of a round of golf. Love the challenge on each hole and how the thought process needs to change. But also the bomb drives and the birdie putts! 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Found MyGolfSpy through a Google search. Tired of just relying on Golf Digest. I do love to compare MyGolfSpy and Golf Digest reviews.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Lilburn, GA. Currently living in Ringgold, GA. Nob North is my home course but play many courses in Chattanooga, TN.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is can almost play golf year around. Doesn't snow too much down here. Worst thing is alllllllll of the private courses. Just about 2 private courses per 1 public course. 

6. What do you do for a living? I am an Assembly Supervisor at the Volkswagen Chattanooga Plant 

7.  How’d you pick your user name? First and last initial of my name, my last name and my birth year.

Use :Arccos: for all clubs. Love the feedback and caddie options the app provides.

Driver: :ping-small: G400 with stock 55gram stiff flex. Just ordered a EvenFlow 75 gram stiff flex. Pumped!

3Wood: :callaway-logo-1: Epic Flash

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 3 RBZ Rescue

Irons 5 thru A wedge: Sub70 699 irons. Project X Rifle shafts. XStiff

54° Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX4

60° Wedge: :callaway-logo-1: MD4

Putter: :1332069271_TommyArmour: MyGolfSpy Most Wanted 2 years in a row!

Ball:  :srixon-small: ZStar. New believer 

5 hours ago, Pkkenny88 said:

Hey everyone. Newbie to the forums but have used MGS website for over a year now. Started playing golf in my high school days but had to put on hiatus for life. Getting back into tho and back in love!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Cumulatively around 4 or 5 years. My GHIN is 12.9.

2. What do you love about golf? The ups and downs of a round of golf. Love the challenge on each hole and how the thought process needs to change. But also the bomb drives and the birdie putts! 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Found MyGolfSpy through a Google search. Tired of just relying on Golf Digest. I do love to compare MyGolfSpy and Golf Digest reviews.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Lilburn, GA. Currently living in Ringgold, GA. Nob North is my home course but play many courses in Chattanooga, TN.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is can almost play golf year around. Doesn't snow too much down here. Worst thing is alllllllll of the private courses. Just about 2 private courses per 1 public course. 

6. What do you do for a living? I am an Assembly Supervisor at the Volkswagen Chattanooga Plant 

7.  How’d you pick your user name? First and last initial of my name, my last name and my birth year.

I've played out at Nob North a couple times, was thinking about coming back over soon for another round. Welcome to the forum!

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

46 minutes ago, Josh Ross said:

I've played out at Nob North a couple times, was thinking about coming back over soon for another round. Welcome to the forum!

They just opened after being shut down for close to a month which helped the course be in great shape. Played 27 holes over the past 3 days there. Course can be so fun but quickly punish you with bad shots

Use :Arccos: for all clubs. Love the feedback and caddie options the app provides.

Driver: :ping-small: G400 with stock 55gram stiff flex. Just ordered a EvenFlow 75 gram stiff flex. Pumped!

3Wood: :callaway-logo-1: Epic Flash

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: 3 RBZ Rescue

Irons 5 thru A wedge: Sub70 699 irons. Project X Rifle shafts. XStiff

54° Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX4

60° Wedge: :callaway-logo-1: MD4

Putter: :1332069271_TommyArmour: MyGolfSpy Most Wanted 2 years in a row!

Ball:  :srixon-small: ZStar. New believer 

Hello everyone;

I have been playing golf for 64 years. My grandfather taught me.   My normal score is between 80 and 85.  It is a sport that allows you to be outside, is challenging, you can play with friends or meet new people.  With handicaps you can play with other golfers of various skill levels and be competitive.  I enjoy seeing what is happening from different golf viewpoints and at some point become a tester.  Born and raised in Portsmouth VA.  I now live at The Villages in Florida.  We have 12 Championship courses and 44 executive courses.  We also have 2  9 hole putting courses and a chip and putt course.  What I like best about The Villages courses you can play all year.  I am retired but I did work for GE (Suffolk VA.),  Norfolk Naval Shipyard (Portsmouth VA.), Naval Sea Systems Command (Washington DC.)  and the USGA (Far Hills NJ).  

21 minutes ago, Albatrass said:

Hello everyone;

I have been playing golf for 64 years. My grandfather taught me.   My normal score is between 80 and 85.  It is a sport that allows you to be outside, is challenging, you can play with friends or meet new people.  With handicaps you can play with other golfers of various skill levels and be competitive.  I enjoy seeing what is happening from different golf viewpoints and at some point become a tester.  Born and raised in Portsmouth VA.  I now live at The Villages in Florida.  We have 12 Championship courses and 44 executive courses.  We also have 2  9 hole putting courses and a chip and putt course.  What I like best about The Villages courses you can play all year.  I am retired but I did work for GE (Suffolk VA.),  Norfolk Naval Shipyard (Portsmouth VA.), Naval Sea Systems Command (Washington DC.)  and the USGA (Far Hills NJ).  

Welcome aboard and we have another spy who lives in your neck of the woods.   @Rickp  

Cleveland

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? On and off for several years - 14 Hcp

What do you love about golf? I love anything that gets me outdoors.  Golf gives me the opportunity to work on things...

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Love the reviews.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Athens, AL - Canebreak Club

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I need to get out more and check out all the local options...I tend to pick a course and stay on it

What do you do for a living? Retired Army, but still hanging around the Army here in Alabama

How’d you pick your user name? Just used my last name :)

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?    Been playing for about 35 years. Started when I was 8 probably.  Handicap is around 9, as I don’t get to play as much as I used to.

2. What do you love about golf?  I love the competition, playing in tournaments. I also love the feeling up driving up to a course and seeing the lush green grass, fairways and greens.  Gives me a tingly feeling of anticipation.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?   Used to be at Golfwrx, for some reason none of the replies in the threads show up for me anymore, hence, I have migrated over here. I have looked at the Best Clubs reviews here for years, I guess it was time to sign up here.

4. Where are you from?  Memphis, TN

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is almost year round golf weather, the worst is the crazy heat and humidity in the summer

6. What do you do for a living?  Sales

7. How’d you pick your user name?  It just sounded cool to me, lol

On 3/8/2019 at 12:07 PM, Jhigdon13 said:

Hello all! Glad to be a part of this forum and a part of My Golf Spy.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing golf since I was around 4 years old. My granddad got me started and I never looked back. My handicap is around a 6. 

2. What do you love about golf? To me, golf is the most challenging sport in the world and I love being outdoors. I grew up playing all kinds of sports and played baseball in college, but golf is the one that I’ve always had the most love for. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I found MyGolfSpy through twitter and after doing so more research, I quickly became a regular reader and follower.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Owensboro, KY but live in Lexington, KY. My 1st home course is Ben Hawes Golf Course in Owensboro. But my 2nd is Champions Trace Golf Club in Lexington where I worked for a few years. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: Fall golf. Many people put the sticks away before September/November but it’s my favorite time to play. Worst: Winter keeps me from being able to play for 2-3 months. 

6. What do you do for a living? I am a Field Sales Representative for a power tool company

7.  How’d you pick your user name? It is my first initial and last name combined with my favorite number. 

Welcome I'm from Louisville, Ky.  Love playing courses in Lexington plus i'm a big wildcats fan

1. How long have you been playing golf? I have been playing golf for over 20 years.  What’s your handicap or normal score? I am about a 9 HC.
  2. What do you love about golf? I love that I can be alone and decompress from work or that I can be with my friends. Getting older its harder to find pickup basketball or baseball games ha.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Love the reviews on the latest gear. Do you already know any other Spies? Not yet.

4. Where are you from? I move around a lot being in the Military but I am stationed at Kings Bay Ga. Also were I grew up. What is your home course? Trident Lakes Golf course

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is I can golf year round. Worst is summers are HOTTT.

6. What do you do for a living? Chief in the US Navy, Been in for 16 years.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Just a random username I been using for a while.

Driver: Titleist Titanium 983K, 10.5, Aldial Green 85-X

FW: Nike Covert VRS 2.0, 15, Kuro Kage 70G

Hybrid: Adams A4 3H, 18,  Rayon Javlnfx h80

Iron: JPX 900 Forged 4-5 JPX 900 Tour 6-PW, Project X 5.5

Wedges:SM7 50 F Grind, 54 S Grind, 60 D Grind

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot 9, Superstroke Flatso 1.0 grip

Ball: Titleist Prov1x

Welcome aboard Martymar, my granddaughter is lives just up the road in Brunswick, Ga.  Thank you for your service. 

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

1. How long have you been playing golf? I have been playing golf for over 20 years.  What’s your handicap or normal score? I am about a 9 HC.
  2. What do you love about golf? I love that I can be alone and decompress from work or that I can be with my friends. Getting older its harder to find pickup basketball or baseball games ha.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Love the reviews on the latest gear. Do you already know any other Spies? Not yet.

4. Where are you from? I move around a lot being in the Military but I am stationed at Kings Bay Ga. Also were I grew up. What is your home course? Trident Lakes Golf course

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is I can golf year round. Worst is summers are HOTTT.

6. What do you do for a living? Chief in the US Navy, Been in for 16 years.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Just a random username I been using for a while.

Welcome - my son was stationed at Kings Bay for 6 years. I’ve played Trident Lakes a number of times.

Thanks for your service - he was a Nuke on the Florida.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

5 hours ago, revkev said:

Welcome - my son was stationed at Kings Bay for 6 years. I’ve played Trident Lakes a number of times.

Thanks for your service - he was a Nuke on the Florida.

Thanks. That’s were I learned how to play golf. Nice be able to be stationed back we’re I grew up. 

Driver: Titleist Titanium 983K, 10.5, Aldial Green 85-X

FW: Nike Covert VRS 2.0, 15, Kuro Kage 70G

Hybrid: Adams A4 3H, 18,  Rayon Javlnfx h80

Iron: JPX 900 Forged 4-5 JPX 900 Tour 6-PW, Project X 5.5

Wedges:SM7 50 F Grind, 54 S Grind, 60 D Grind

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot 9, Superstroke Flatso 1.0 grip

Ball: Titleist Prov1x