TESTERS WANTED! ×

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  since 2008.  Handicap is 9.8

2. What do you love about golf? I love to challenge myself to be better each time I play.  Sometimes that doesn't seem to work out that well

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Looking to meet new golfers in the area.  Keep in touch with the local golf world

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Murfreesboro, TN (but moving to Michigan soon).  Old Fort Golf Club

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Get to play almost year round..  Summers get a little warm and humid

6. What do you do for a living?  Engineer at Nissan North America

7. How’d you pick your user name?  My email

On 5/22/2020 at 10:23 PM, Josh Ross said:

How are the conditions at Crooked Creek? Are they at full strength after the big renovation?

Greens are overall pretty good but most have a few bare spots which I wish they would do something about.  I’d give them a 7/10 because of the bare spots, but they generally roll nice. Tee to green the course still needs work.  Fairways need punching and tee boxes some upkeep.  Would like to see what the owners do after things return to normal. As usual, the staff is top notch and the membership is great. 

Welcome all New Recruits especially travwhite because I have had a spinal cord stimulator since 2007 for chronic pain. Just had it replaced August 2019.

Wilson D7 Irons with KBS Tour 80 Reg Flex Shafts

PING G410 Plus with ALTA CB Red 55g SR Flex Shaft

Callaway Super hybrid factory shaft with R flex

Taylormade Rocketballz 5 metal with factory Graphite Shaft reg flex

Ping Eye 2 Becu Sand & Lob wedges

Scotty Cameron Futura X7

Wilson Staff DUO

I live in McDonough, Ga.

I have been loving golf for 12 years.

I play with Taylormade 2016 M1 driver. 
Nike Vr pro combo irons

glide 2.0 wedges

odyssey marksman o-works putter.

I play the 2020 Pro V1 x ball.  The straightest ball in golf.  

I love My Golf Spy for being honest and cutting through the crap.  

I live in McDonough, Ga.
I have been loving golf for 12 years.
I play with Taylormade 2016 M1 driver. 
Nike Vr pro combo irons
glide 2.0 wedges
odyssey marksman o-works putter.
I play the 2020 Pro V1 x ball.  The straightest ball in golf.  

I love My Golf Spy for being honest and cutting through the crap.  

Welcome from Watinsville Ga !

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

1. How long have you been playing golf? 16 years.What’s your handicap or normal score? 70-75.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the process...its neverending, never mastered.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Truth via testing, tired of the marketing hype. Do you already know any other Spies? Nope not yet! 

4. Where are you from? Orlando,FL  What is your home course? Disney Courses, member there.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Time changes, gets dark artificially, rains alot in the summer. Best is I can potentially play all year.

6. What do you do for a living? Themepark / Rollercoaster Architect

7. How’d you pick your user name? My golf coach gave it to me it means "Goat (as in goatee)" in spanish.It predates the term the interwebs use of GOAT.

• Cobra RadSpeed,Set 8.5
  • Callway BB 4W 15*
  • Cobra  Forged Tec 18*
  • Cobra Forged Tec 2020 4-GW , 4*Flat, Standard
  • 635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  SW: RTX 54*
  • 635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  LW: Full Face RTX 58*
  • Scotty Cameron Putter: NP2

How is everyone doing today?  Getting ready to move to Moyock, NC and curious of any true quality courses that aren't in Virginia to play that are close....

I've played the local course Eagle Creek, not bad but not that "challenging" either.  Send the recommendations!!

WTB:

:callaway-small: Callaway EPIC Flash Sub Zero Triple Black Diamond 10.5* w/ Fujikura Speeder Evo II 757 x-flex

PXG 0341 Gen 1 3-wood w/ Aldila NV2KXV Blue 70g x-flex

:ping-small: Ping G400 22* x-flex

:mizuno-small: Mizuno MP-18SC 4-6i w/ Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw x-flex

:mizuno-small: Mizuno MP-20 7-PW w/ Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw x-flex

:ping-small: Ping Glide 2 52,56 and 60* w/ Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw x-flex

:bettinardi-1:  Bettinardi Kuchar Arm lock model #1 @ 42"

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

:Arccos:

22 minutes ago, kykid2727 said:

How is everyone doing today?  Getting ready to move to Moyock, NC and curious of any true quality courses that aren't in Virginia to play that are close....

I've played the local course Eagle Creek, not bad but not that "challenging" either.  Send the recommendations!!

I'm not super familiar with the coastal courses, but I take just about every opportunity to give a shout-out to Scotch Hall Preserve, just down NC 17 from you, about an hour. I got a groupgolfer there for like $30 and it was a ton of fun. I've also heard really good things about The Pines at Elizabeth City (and the restaurant there is also highly-reviewed).

If you ever make it over to the Triangle, give a shout!

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

2 hours ago, kykid2727 said:

Heading towards Nags Head there are two courses that you may enjoy.  The Kilmarlic Golf Club and The Carolina Club.  They can test your golfing ability depending on tees you use.  On Nags head  try The Links at Nags Head and The Currituck Club.

On 2/11/2019 at 5:25 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

Hey all! I'm brand new to the forum. Thanks for having me. Currently living in Atlanta, so let me know if you're close and want to get a round scheduled. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing long enough to make you think my handicap shouldn't be so high. I think I'm a 12 right now. 

2. What do you love about golf? Everything... Literally everything. I enjoy hitting up the course solo for a quiet round just as much as i love playing a with the guys. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Completely random discovery.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Atlanta, GA.  - TPC Sugarloaf

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? It gets so humid in the summer, you almost feel the need to have scuba gear to swim through the air

6. What do you do for a living? Sales

7. How’d you pick your user name? Name

5 hours ago, atrout34 said:

I'm down to schedule a round, my best friend and I play often in Alpharetta area. You're a member at Sugarloaf?

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?    Howdy from Canton, Georgia. I've been golfing for about 50 years with occasional success.  I currently have a GHIN index of 19.9 and dropping.  I have been a certified club builder and repair for at least 40 years and still work on clubs both for myself and others who need reshafting, regripping or tuning up their clubs.

2. What do you love about golf?  The unpredictability of the game. For me, it is often Jekyll and Hyde from Front 9 to Back 9, or even hole to hole.  I often say the course or my game is predictably unpredictable.  Where else can find all this frustration or elation in one place.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I see all the reviews and I am impressed with the detail of the testing.  I believe that the work MGS does serves as a watchdog on the golf industry.   I do not yet know any other Spies as we often lurk in the shadows and comment on the threads that we are passionate about.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  My home is in Canton, GA, which is about 45 to 60 minutes northwest of Atlanta.  My home course is Towne Lake Hills in Woodstock, GA.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The best things about golfing in this area are the large number of courses to play within 20 miles of so.  The worst things are  the number of beginning golfers out on the course instead of in lessons or the driving range.   They contribute to 5+ hour rounds.  I am not in love with all the hills on courses, especially when Cart Path Only is required..

6. What do you do for a living?  I am semi-retired and work part time as a food demonstrator at Sam's Club and also work at Towne Lake Hills as Starter and Ranger.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  My name was picked fir me by a former daughter-in-law who was differentiating from her father and the name stuck.

WITB - A Cobra Speedback Driver, Cobra fairway 3 wood, Infinity 7 wood, two Golfworks 20* and 23* Iron hybrids, Bridgestone Irons from 6i through PW, e  Infinity wedges, and a Heavy Putter. All but the putter have various UST/Mamiya shafts. I assembled all the clubs and shafts myself as a Custom Club Builder.

1 minute ago, daddybob0525000 said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?    Howdy from Canton, Georgia. I've been golfing for about 50 years with occasional success.  I currently have a GHIN index of 19.9 and dropping.  I have been a certified club builder and repair for at least 40 years and still work on clubs both for myself and others who need reshafting, regripping or tuning up their clubs.

2. What do you love about golf?  The unpredictability of the game. For me, it is often Jekyll and Hyde from Front 9 to Back 9, or even hole to hole.  I often say the course or my game is predictably unpredictable.  Where else can find all this frustration or elation in one place.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I see all the reviews and I am impressed with the detail of the testing.  I believe that the work MGS does serves as a watchdog on the golf industry.   I do not yet know any other Spies as we often lurk in the shadows and comment on the threads that we are passionate about.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  My home is in Canton, GA, which is about 45 to 60 minutes northwest of Atlanta.  My home course is Towne Lake Hills in Woodstock, GA.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The best things about golfing in this area are the large number of courses to play within 20 miles of so.  The worst things are  the number of beginning golfers out on the course instead of in lessons or the driving range.   They contribute to 5+ hour rounds.  I am not in love with all the hills on courses, especially when Cart Path Only is required..

6. What do you do for a living?  I am semi-retired and work part time as a food demonstrator at Sam's Club and also work at Towne Lake Hills as Starter and Ranger.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  My name was picked fir me by a former daughter-in-law who was differentiating from her father and the name stuck.

Welcome! You must know Bill Murchison, he is a friend of mine. I've got a couple greens fee passes for Towne Lake Hills that I'm planning on using soon.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

33 minutes ago, Josh Ross said:

Welcome! You must know Bill Murchison, he is a friend of mine. I've got a couple greens fee passes for Towne Lake Hills that I'm planning on using soon.

I sure doo, Josh.  I have a match with him for our employee Match Play tournament.  He is the best coach I have seen with kids (adults, too!}  Let me know when uou are coming down and maybe we can get together.

WITB - A Cobra Speedback Driver, Cobra fairway 3 wood, Infinity 7 wood, two Golfworks 20* and 23* Iron hybrids, Bridgestone Irons from 6i through PW, e  Infinity wedges, and a Heavy Putter. All but the putter have various UST/Mamiya shafts. I assembled all the clubs and shafts myself as a Custom Club Builder.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have been playing 40 years now.  I play to a 10/mid-80's most days.

2. What do you love about golf?  I love the challenge of golf.  I love the satisfaction felt after a perfectly executed shot, and I love that I can always be learning at this game.  I'm working on loving a good score more. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've been a fan for quite a while, and I sporadically donate to keep the site going.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Lawrenceville, GA; Collins Hill Golf Course

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best -- good weather, pleantiful public golf options; Worst -- very hot in the summer.

6. What do you do for a living? Work in healthcare

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Play on my real name.  Feels fun.

WITB - Callaway Epic driver, Nike 3 wood Vapor, Cobra single length 4-6, Cobra 7-Gap standard length, and my latest putter to fix all my issues. 

45 minutes ago, daddybob0525000 said:

I sure doo, Josh.  I have a match with him for our employee Match Play tournament.  He is the best coach I have seen with kids (adults, too!}  Let me know when uou are coming down and maybe we can get together.

I've only got to play with him once but I know he's an excellent coach, I'm wanting to book a session with him soon and also get my 6 year old involved with his kid's clinics. He offered tickets to me and a friend to come watch him play in the PGA Championship at Kiawah Island in 2012 but we weren't able to make it. I'll let ya know when I'm coming for sure, would love to join up.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing golf for about a year and a half now.  My buddy asked me to go out and golf with him to celebrate his engagement and me being a groomsman for him.  I was hooked ever since.  My handicap according to my arccos is 19.1

2. What do you love about golf? The combined physical and mental challenge and also being outdoors.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Big follower on social media already and also a data junkie. Finally decided to join the community.  I have questions about golf so I figured this is a trusted community.  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I live right outside Orlando, Florida.  My community has a public course (Providence Golf Club) but I play generally anywhere close since there are many options.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best: there is always a tee time available close by in any golf price point.  PGA caliber to budget golf is always available at the click of a button. Th Worst: Orlando is over- saturated with worst aspects of marketing in golf.  Snoody people judging every material aspect of your game. 

6. What do you do for a living? Finance for a large entertainment company run by a mouse.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's a play of my name mixed with the most feared bounty hunter in the star wars galaxy.

Driver: default_cobra-small.jpg.634f41dc1b8ea120e1aae121bd8f10ef.jpg.5a46268ca12328475fd752152fc4c9f9.jpg Speedzone Xtreme 10.5° Ventus Blue 6 Stiff

3 Wood: default_callaway-small.jpg.14ff3e8c0cfb3f1ea12291d143b9d8c2.jpg XR 15° Project X LZ 50 Stiff

3 Hybrid:default_callaway-small.jpg.14ff3e8c0cfb3f1ea12291d143b9d8c2.jpg Steelhead XR16 19° Project X SD Stiff

Irons: default_cobra-small.jpg.634f41dc1b8ea120e1aae121bd8f10ef.jpg.5a46268ca12328475fd752152fc4c9f9.jpg King F9 Speedback KBS Tour 90 Stiff

Wedges: default_cleveland-small.jpg.bce0257eb703046e93feb8255808ab50.jpg CBX 52°, 56° ,60° Dynamic Gold 115

Putter: default_taylormade-small.jpg.5d28361175b74c5e9e3da2c80aec4b53.jpgWhite Smoke Big Fontana 35"

Ball: default_srixon-small.jpg.26f925d4dc56727e04dc68d7bfa37bb9.jpgZ-star

On 5/30/2020 at 3:11 PM, TDubbGolferGuy said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have been playing 40 years now.  I play to a 10/mid-80's most days.

2. What do you love about golf?  I love the challenge of golf.  I love the satisfaction felt after a perfectly executed shot, and I love that I can always be learning at this game.  I'm working on loving a good score more. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've been a fan for quite a while, and I sporadically donate to keep the site going.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Lawrenceville, GA; Collins Hill Golf Course

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best -- good weather, pleantiful public golf options; Worst -- very hot in the summer.

6. What do you do for a living? Work in healthcare

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Play on my real name.  Feels fun.

Collins Hill Golf Course was one of the first courses I ever played! That was back when it was called Springbrooke Golf Club. 

Hello all,

I am currently what you would call a high handicapper (28), but I am very new to the game having only been playing for 6 months.   I love how challenging golf can be compared to other sports.  I have always been very athletic but golf has humbled me for sure.  Strength without technique is useless and this challenge has me completely hooked and obsessed.  Seeing someone half my size effortlessly rip them past me gets my competitive fire going and has me committed to becoming a competent golfer.  My obsession to learn and know everything has brought me to MGS.  Sure I would like to eventually test new products because that sounds amazing, but the information brought me in.  I live in the Raleigh NC area and don't yet have a home course.  With only 6 months under my belt, I am still exploring new courses with every round.  NC has a long golfing season but the heat and humidity isn't ideal for someone like me with New England blood coursing through my veins.  I am a sales manager by profession but an athlete at heart.  Nothing beats getting outdoors and competing, nothing!  Oh, my user name that was easy, it's my name.  So much for creativity or anonymity. 

Edited by Brock

35 minutes ago, Brock said:

Hello all,

I am currently what you would call a high handicapper (28), but I am very new to the game having only been playing for 6 months.   I love how challenging golf can be compared to other sports.  I have always been very athletic but golf has humbled me for sure.  Strength without technique is useless and this challenge has me completely hooked and obsessed.  Seeing someone half my size effortlessly rip them past me gets my competitive fire going and has me committed to becoming a competent golfer.  My obsession to learn and know everything has brought me to MGS.  Sure I would like to eventually test new products because that sounds amazing, but the information brought me in.  I live in the Raleigh NC area and don't yet have a home course.  With only 6 months under my belt, I am still exploring new courses with every round.  NC has a long golfing season but the heat and humidity isn't ideal for someone like me with New England blood coursing through my veins.  I am a sales manager by profession but an athlete at heart.  Nothing beats getting outdoors and competing, nothing!  Oh, my user name that was easy, it's my name.  So much for creativity or anonymity. 

My grandfather taught me me play when I was seven.  I am now seventy two and still love playing it is the best sport in the world.  If you establish a handicap you can play with fellow golfers of any ability.  Have fun.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2020 at 4:59 PM, Brock said:

Hello all,

Lotta good courses in the area, hard to go wrong. I think Raleigh Golf Association is a lot of fun, the Neuse is a great track but you might lose a few here and there, and of course any of the university courses are top-notch (albeit pretty pricey...). Lemme know if you need any recommendations! (I'm a member out at The Preserve at Jordan Lake, so if you're headed that way and want to get in a morning loop, I'm game!)

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

Hey All, super stoked to be a part of this team/forum. I've been a long time lurker and finally want to contribute back where i can, as i feel more comfortable with the game.

Ive been playing for about a year now. I love how you can reduce all stress by just going out enjoying nature and slamming on some golf balls (although frustrating when you cant hit the darn thing without slicing). I have a friend that introduced me to the site, and again just want to be a apart of a bigger community and hopefully give my 2 cents on products that I will acquire throughout the years. Im active duty in fayetteville, NC and we have 2 nice courses on post, stryker and ryder. The worst is probably the humidity here, but being a native from virginia its not too bad. The best is we, have southern, where there are amazing tour golf courses that I have the ability to play. Being active duty military, I am a soldier first, but I am also an oral surgeon, and last but not least my user name is my name

Cleveland HB Turbo irons

Burner woods

Taylormade Sim driver

21 minutes ago, Jpatelg said:

Hey All, super stoked to be a part of this team/forum. I've been a long time lurker and finally want to contribute back where i can, as i feel more comfortable with the game.

Ive been playing for about a year now. I love how you can reduce all stress by just going out enjoying nature and slamming on some golf balls (although frustrating when you cant hit the darn thing without slicing). I have a friend that introduced me to the site, and again just want to be a apart of a bigger community and hopefully give my 2 cents on products that I will acquire throughout the years. Im active duty in fayetteville, NC and we have 2 nice courses on post, stryker and ryder. The worst is probably the humidity here, but being a native from virginia its not too bad. The best is we, have southern, where there are amazing tour golf courses that I have the ability to play. Being active duty military, I am a soldier first, but I am also an oral surgeon, and last but not least my user name is my name

I was born and raised in Portsmouth VA.

On 6/18/2020 at 7:57 PM, Albatrass said:

I was born and raised in Portsmouth VA.

I was trying to head to the naval base as my next PCS, but that didn't pan out. 

Cleveland HB Turbo irons

Burner woods

Taylormade Sim driver

On 6/18/2020 at 7:35 PM, Jpatelg said:

Thank you for your service and welcome to MGS!

Cleveland

Hi everyone,

1. I've been playing golf for almost 10 years, my handicap these days has been stuck on 3.

2. Golf is by far the most challenging, rewarding, and infuriating thing I have ever done. The constant and never ending pursuit of relative perfection draws me to it. I also enjoy trying out new equipment and seeing how it fits into my game. Plus ripping drives is pretty fun.

3. I've always relied upon MyGolfSpy reviews when researching, and have picked up forums and other articles here and there. I'm always looking for more golf content and this seems like a very solid spot to do so.

4. Living in Charlotte, NC; don't have one home course but most often played would be Tradition Golf Club.

5. There are a lot of nice courses within 45 minutes of the city, and being in the Piedmont, you can play courses that are very hilly or pretty flat. Pinehurst is also within 3 hours. Downside of Charlotte golf would probably be the price at some courses can be absurd for the quality; with that being said, you can play for very reasonable prices if you do it right.

6. I work in Finance; still waiting for that moment when my golf game helps my career lol.

7. Didn't really put that much thought into it beyond being my email.

Driver:     Titleist TSi3 - Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6X

Woods:   Sub70 949x - Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7X

Irons:       Sub70 639 Black MB 4-P - TT DG X100 ; Sub 70 699 Pro 3i

Wedges: Sub 70 286 52* & 56* ; Sub 70 JB 60*

Putter:     Scotty Cameron Newport

Ball:         Titleist Pro V1

1 hour ago, Msnarr84 said:

Hi everyone,

1. I've been playing golf for almost 10 years, my handicap these days has been stuck on 3.

2. Golf is by far the most challenging, rewarding, and infuriating thing I have ever done. The constant and never ending pursuit of relative perfection draws me to it. I also enjoy trying out new equipment and seeing how it fits into my game. Plus ripping drives is pretty fun.

3. I've always relied upon MyGolfSpy reviews when researching, and have picked up forums and other articles here and there. I'm always looking for more golf content and this seems like a very solid spot to do so.

4. Living in Charlotte, NC; don't have one home course but most often played would be Tradition Golf Club.

5. There are a lot of nice courses within 45 minutes of the city, and being in the Piedmont, you can play courses that are very hilly or pretty flat. Pinehurst is also within 3 hours. Downside of Charlotte golf would probably be the price at some courses can be absurd for the quality; with that being said, you can play for very reasonable prices if you do it right.

6. I work in Finance; still waiting for that moment when my golf game helps my career lol.

7. Didn't really put that much thought into it beyond being my email.

Welcome aboard!

Cleveland