TESTERS WANTED! ×

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

I’m in prospect, which is east of town... I’m happy to host rounds at hunting creek, if you want to golf while in town... 
guest fees are $122 including a cart... it’s a good track.
hopefulky your son likes Louisville, I’m happy to help however I can.

Thanks! He’ll be living a little east of the zoo, nice little residential area. He & his fiancé need to get used to “Winter” weather, LOLZ!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

8 minutes ago, MGoBlue100 said:

Thanks! He’ll be living a little east of the zoo, nice little residential area. He & his fiancé need to get used to “Winter” weather, LOLZ!

That’s a nice area. If you visit him, there is a place right by the zoo called oskars. It’s one of my favorite restaurants in town... they serve sliders, which can scare some people off... but I’ve tried most of the menu and all the options are really good.

they also host a Nordic heavy metal night if you want to get real crazy.

Mavrik 9 degree - Ventus Black 7X

Mavrik 13.5 Degree - Hazardus Smoke

Sub70 19 degree - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 4u - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 5i - DG S400

Adams CMB 6-GW - Project X 6.0

Sub70 54 (286) and 58 (JB Low Bounce) - S300

SeeMore Trimetal Mallet (Custom fit and built... Kudos to Cody)

And as always, Kudos to Craigers.

Hello everyone my name is Todd, glad to be part of the forum & to hopefully learn a few things.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I played a little in the early 2000s & just didn’t have the right mindset yet. I recently picked it back up because my 5 year old is absolutely obsessed with golf.  I’m still scoring in the 100s. 

What do you love about golf? What I love most is how much my son loves it. I find it impossible to perfect & now that I have a little more patience I’m learning to love that aspect as well  

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I found this site watching videos on YouTube. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in Brandon, FL a suburb of Tampa. There are tons of golf courses in the area but I wouldn’t say I have a home course yet. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is the ability to play year round. The worst thing would have to be the humidity most of the year. Everyone wants the earliest tee time available. 

What do you do for a living? I work in product support for a fishing company. 

How’d you pick your user name? My user name is an abbreviation of my name. 

Todd. 

I’ve been playing golf for about 18 years.  I’m a 2 handicap as long as beer isn’t involved lol. I’m in mt. Washington KY just outside Louisville there’s a lot of good courses around here. I found my golf spy reading reviews on the net and it seemed like a good place to join. I love that golf is never ending, no matter how good or bad I play I always have something to work on and tinker with. I do HVAC service mostly commercial/industrial. My name is Craig and my uncle started calling me crane 25 or 30 years ago and it stuck, I raced motocross growing up and my number was 263. 

Cobra f9

titleist ts3 3 wood and 4 hybrid

titlesist u500 2 iron

srixon z forged 5-pw

cleveland zip core 50 and 55

taylormade high toe 60

taylormade spider x 

Hello from the home of the NCAA National Football Champions of 2020  University of Alabama   Roll Tide

Retired Army (32 yrs) Master Sergeant 

Enjoy watch Alabama football, when not out playing golf.  Or finishing Honey Do Jobs 

Enjoy playing golf NOT trying to be a PRO

11 hours ago, myherobobhope said:

I’m in prospect, which is east of town... I’m happy to host rounds at hunting creek, if you want to golf while in town... 

guest fees are $122 including a cart... it’s a good track.

hopefulky your son likes Louisville, I’m happy to help however I can.

I heard hunting creek was a nice place 

Cobra f9

titlesist u500 2 iron

srixon z forged 5-pw

taylormade high toe 60

taylormade spider x 

46 minutes ago, Crane263 said:

I heard hunting creek was a nice place 

It’s a good course. If you ever want to play, hit me up. 

what hvac company do you work for? I worked for Hughes supply for a few years... good times! (It was over near 2js if you’ve never heard of it... ruud dealer til we got shut down)

Sub70 5i - DG S400

46 minutes ago, myherobobhope said:

It’s a good course. If you ever want to play, hit me up. 

what hvac company do you work for? I worked for Hughes supply for a few years... good times! (It was over near 2js if you’ve never heard of it... ruud dealer til we got shut down)

I definitely will I don’t remember Hughes I worked for Scarborough mechanical for about 9 years before they went under it’s just up the rd from there. A buddy and I started a company about 5 years ago but we haven’t been working much because of COVID restrictions. 

Cobra f9

titlesist u500 2 iron

srixon z forged 5-pw

taylormade high toe 60

taylormade spider x 

How long jave i been playing? Roughly 28 years ( 33 yr old ). My dad started taking me when i was 4. Unofficial handicap +5

What do i love about golf? Everything! There's so much to it. The deeper one dives into golf the more they find the beauty of the game and it's parallels to ones life. 

What brings me to golfspy? Product reviews and the forum community on specific equipment.

Where am i from? A tiny town called Wagarville in south Alabama. For anyone familiar with Mobile, it's about an hour north. My home course would be the Pines of Chatom but the course is pretty much a swamp so i try and play the courses in Mobile more often and the RTJ at Magnolia Grove is my favorite. Always in great shape. 

Best and worst about golf in my area? The best is being able to play year round minus a week of cold weather here and there or a hurricane. The worst part, for me, is having nicer courses to play nearby. Have to travel at least an hour to a nicer course. Also, the damn heat in the summer. When it gets summer here, golf gets fairly miserable no matter the course just because of the heat/humidity. 

What do i do for a living? I'm a supervisor at a stainless steel mill in the melt shop. I get to play with lava on a daily basis pretty much. May have had our metal in some of your iron heads possibly. 

How'd i come up with my username? Nickname that i can't remember exactly how i got stuck with. 

Hello all!

I live in the Memphis, Tennessee/Germantown area and am returning to the game after a 20 year hiatus. Just finished a 5 year stint at the West Cancer Clinic and have been released in great health! Being 58 years old, I better get going. 🙂

Used to be a good golfer, not great but decent, and just started taking lessons to get ready to return to the links. Need to replace my old clubs - Ping Eye2’s - and am considering the new Ping 425’s. 

A little nervous about playing my first round after such a layoff, but my golf coach was impressed with how I am swinging the club, so maybe it is unfounded.

Looking forward to reading and learning from you all.

Be blessed!

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing golf for about 20 years, and my handicap was in the 5s before the switch to the new system. I usually shoot mid 70s.
  2. What do you love about golf?

I enjoy being outdoors and competition. Basketball was my sport growing up, but it is harder to find time to play after starting a career and a family. Golf keeps my competitive juices flowing, even though I mostly play alone. Golf provides peaks and valleys, it brings a variety of people together, and it is not always fair, which is a microcosm of life.
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I saw an ad on Instagram and thought the reviews looked cool. I do not know any other Spies.
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I live in Smyrna, TN, and I usually play at the muni here.
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

I can generally play golf 12 months out of the year. We usually have days warm enough from Nov-Feb to get at least one round in each of those months, but the summers are brutally hot and humid.
  6. What do you do for a living?

I am an accountant.
  7. How’d you pick your user name?

It is my name and basketball number.

Jacob

Hello everybody!! 

I am brand new to the sport of golf.  I have actually never played a round, but I've been interested in it for quite a while. I recently purchased a used set from a co worker of mine and I am super stoked to get out there and meet some new people and start playing.

8 hours ago, Tgself said:

Hello everybody!! 

I am brand new to the sport of golf.  I have actually never played a round, but I've been interested in it for quite a while. I recently purchased a used set from a co worker of mine and I am super stoked to get out there and meet some new people and start playing.

Welcome aboard!   

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Hey folks, I am relatively new here. I live in Greenville, SC. I am a lefthanded golfer, 15 handicap. I am an equipment junky, but as you can imagine it isn't easy being lefthanded. No friends that are lefthanded to try out their stuff. I am interested in starting a lefthanded group that could discuss equipment. Any advice?

TigerPill

Driver :   image.png.d7958db6430c53d48ab1e890144fcee7.png  Rogue ST Max 10.5 Degrees

3 Wood/5 woodimage.png.d7958db6430c53d48ab1e890144fcee7.png  Rogue ST Max

19 Degree Hybrid:image.png.5d38f343d0caf1092558753dc83992bd.png G425 

5-LW:   image.png.ddef8ede1026d2294f93865dffbbdf18.png  ZX5, Recoil 760/F3, GW, SW, LW - Cleveland RTX Zipcore

Putterimage.png.84b4d7270ae3f7c5fdd6efd713fa767d.png  Tri-Hot 5k Seven 

I’ve been playing for about 2 years now after having to give up the game due to health reasons over 10 years ago. I played off and on for about 20 years before that. I’m an 18 handicap but I’m working hard on getting that down.

I’ve always loved the “arena” in which golf is played. I’ve played many sports in my life but golf is the only one where, if you take the time to look around, just being there is a win.

I’ve been familiar with MyGolfSpy for a while now. I enjoy the podcast and the unbiased reviews.

I’m in North Central Florida and my home course is Quail Heights Country Club.

The best is obviously the year-round access to the game. We’re only about 90 minutes from Jacksonville so there are tons of high quality courses nearby. The worst part for me here is when it really heats up. That’s when I have to play super early in the morning to be able to handle it.

I’m a retired ER RN.

It’s my name

2 hours ago, RollTideRoll said:

Hey everyone! From Alabama - happy to be here. 

We got some guys in the Birmingham area including myself. Which part of Alabama? Welcome aboard!

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

Have played for about 10 years total, never played a round until I got to college. Played baseball and football my whole life and never had an interest in golf until I was done with those.  Really started to try and play more and get better the past 4-5 years. 

I love that, Lord willing, I should be able to play it my whole life. I also love that I can play it anywhere.  Pretty much any vacation I take, I can play golf.  I cannot find a random football field and play football on my vacations. Every golf course and hole are different. Every other sport, besides baseball somewhat, the playing fields are pretty much the exact same. Also, in theory I can play the same courses as the professionals, especially the public ones, i.e. Bethpage Black, Pebble, etc. The Red Sox aren't letting me take BP at Fenway anytime soon. 

I was invited by @Mtbryant01

I grew up in the small town of Gordo, Alabama, which does not have a golf course but now reside in Hoover, Alabama, outside Birmingham. I guess my home course would be Bent Brook as my GHIN number is through there but I play a lot of courses.  I am not a member anywhere.  

The best thing to me is there is a lot of affordable variety of good public golf courses in the Birmingham area.  We also have the RTJ Trail in Alabama, and have some great beach courses as well. The Southeast as a whole has some great courses also. It is also great because you can pretty much play year round here, although the winters can get wet. 

The worst thing is probably the humidity in the summer. 

I sell for Xerox

It is my name, and 34 was my number when I played college football at Alabama. 

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

1 hour ago, Ben_Howell34 said:

Have played for about 10 years total, never played a round until I got to college. Played baseball and football my whole life and never had an interest in golf until I was done with those.  Really started to try and play more and get better the past 4-5 years. 

I love that, Lord willing, I should be able to play it my whole life. I also love that I can play it anywhere.  Pretty much any vacation I take, I can play golf.  I cannot find a random football field and play football on my vacations. Every golf course and hole are different. Every other sport, besides baseball somewhat, the playing fields are pretty much the exact same. Also, in theory I can play the same courses as the professionals, especially the public ones, i.e. Bethpage Black, Pebble, etc. The Red Sox aren't letting me take BP at Fenway anytime soon. 

I grew up in the small town of Gordo, Alabama, which does not have a golf course but now reside in Hoover, Alabama, outside Birmingham. I guess my home course would be Bent Brook as my GHIN number is through there but I play a lot of courses.  I am not a member anywhere.  

The best thing to me is there is a lot of affordable variety of good public golf courses in the Birmingham area.  We also have the RTJ Trail in Alabama, and have some great beach courses as well. The Southeast as a whole has some great courses also. It is also great because you can pretty much play year round here, although the winters can get wet. 

I sell for Xerox

This guy might complete with @GB13 for the longest backswing. Fun to watch. Am I right @TBS ? Happy to have you on board Ben.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

6 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

This guy might complete with @GB13 for the longest backswing. Fun to watch. Am I right @TBS ? Happy to have you on board Ben.

Yes! We need to get a Rhapsodo video out on the forum for all to love.

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

On 5/2/2021 at 9:43 PM, Tgself said:

Hello everybody!! 

Welcome aboard, I'm just down the road a piece.  

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

2 hours ago, Ben_Howell34 said:

I sell for Xerox

Welcome Ben, Bent Brook is a nice course, I have played several courses in that area. 

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

ROLL TIDE!

image.jpeg.57591a87d65019aefbab87aff94cfc70.jpeg

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

5 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

I need to video my swing and break it down, which is something I have never done before. 

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

1. How long have you been playing golf? 3-4 years 
  2.  What’s your handicap or normal score? 18

3. What do you love about golf? hanging with my golf buddies and competition with myself. trying to get better

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I was looking for some tips on starting a golf business thru instagram   Do you already know any other Spies?No

5. Where are you from? Johnsonville SC ( 45 min from Myrtle Beach)   What is your home course? I don't have a home course. We usually try to play a different course in Myrtle Beach each time.

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best -close to 100 course within an hour drive. Worst- How busy some of the courses are at time.

I have a Instagram account where I feature different golf courses in the Myrtle Beach area. How is the best way to get more followers? Is there somewhere on Mygolfspy  that I can list it to get members to check out my page?

My Instagram Account is     Lets_play_another_18

1. How long have you been playing golf?
    Over 30 yrs now  took it up as a kid  

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? 8.6 right now  

3. What do you love about golf? The competition - whether against others or against myself and the course

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Do not know any but always looking for insight from fellow golfers

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? St Augustine - World Golf Village courses

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is year round.  Worst is the snowbirds  

7. What do you do for a living? VP of Operations 

8. How’d you pick your user name? Ted Williams - Red Sox

WITB - Taylormade

I have been playing golf for about 4 years. I usually shoot around 75 but I play courses fairly short (under 6300 yds) so that works out to a 5-6 HDCP.

I love hitting a shot exactly how I envisioned and I love the process of working on my swing/game. Golf gives you infinite room to improve and it's different every day even if you play the same course. Finally, you can play alone which is very meditative. 

I come across the reviews and buyers guides a lot. 

I live in Nashville, TN. I play the munis - mostly McCabe, Harpeth Hills and Ted Rhodes.

Golf is year round but we get a ton of rain and the courses don't drain that well since we don't have sandy soil. Also, municipal rounds are typically 4.5-5 hours which is insane given how easy some of the municipal courses are.

I am a CPA.

Vanderbilt fan.

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* "Std" setting ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 18* "lower" setting➖ :mizuno-small: Pro Fli-Hi 21.5* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

On 4/23/2021 at 11:44 PM, MGoBlue100 said:

Welcome! I’ve got a good buddy who’s a member at Memphis National, I’ve played there once or twice. Germantown Commissary might be the best restaurant in America. (One man’s opinion...)

Arguably one of the best!

10 hours ago, Tpoole22 said:

Arguably one of the best!

What are your favorites in Louisville? We haven't been out much (we have young kids, so before the pandemic this was still true) but I'm always interested in places to try...

I hit Trifecta yesterday for an OK burrito... I'd still like to find a decent sandwich spot... Stevens and Stevens and Golden Gate are probably my top 2.

Sub70 5i - DG S400