TESTERS WANTED! ×

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Hey y’all!  Just joined not long ago.  I recently went through surgery for colon cancer and now I want to start back playing and practicing more.  

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  

• 20ish years.  Typically low to mid 80’s

What do you love about golf?

• That it gives me something to do outside of deer hunting season lol.  It’s challenging and I like practicing to try and get better

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• Found it on google looking for reviews.  Maybe hope to meet other fellow golfers from my region to possibly play with 

Where are you from? What is your home course?

• North central AL

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• Not really sure about the best things.  I guess cost of living. Worst is that courses are spread out.  I live about 30-45 min minimum from the nicer courses. 

What do you do for a living?

• Portrait Photographer, have my own business specializing in mostly high school seniors 

How’d you pick your user name?

•  It came from a movie.  Can’t even remember which now
Edited by Checkerfred

:cameron-small: Studio Design 2.5 putter. :titelist-small: SM7 50.08F, 54.10S, 58.08M:callaway-small: Rogue Subzero 9* Driver Project X Hazardous Yellow 75
:callaway-small: Apex Pro 2019 Irons Dynamic Gold S400 
:taylormade-small: Sim Ti 3w 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 MSI 70 
:titelist-small: ProV1X
:titelist-small: Bag

On 6/28/2021 at 4:18 AM, Checkerfred said:

Hey y’all!  Just joined not long ago.  I recently went through surgery for colon cancer and now I want to start back playing and practicing more.  

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  

• 20ish years.  Typically low to mid 80’s

What do you love about golf?

• That it gives me something to do outside of deer hunting season lol.  It’s challenging and I like practicing to try and get better

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• Found it on google looking for reviews.  Maybe hope to meet other fellow golfers from my region to possibly play with 

Where are you from? What is your home course?

• North central AL

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• Not really sure about the best things.  I guess cost of living. Worst is that courses are spread out.  I live about 30-45 min minimum from the nicer courses. 

What do you do for a living?

• Portrait Photographer, have my own business specializing in mostly high school seniors 

How’d you pick your user name?

•  It came from a movie.  Can’t even remember which now

Hello and welcome ;)

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’ve been golfing since I was about 10, so about 30 years. I took  break after I was banged up in the military. Just started back about 9 years ago. Pre-injury I was a scratch guy, these days post TBI, I play about 12-15. 

2. What do you love about golf? It’s fun. After my accident it’s the only sport I can still some what play. Let’s you release have a good time, and relax. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I found myself reading all the reviews on here, and decided that I would join up basically. I don’t know anyone on here. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?Alabama, my course is Gunterslanding. If you are ever in the Huntsville area you should really try it out. It’s a fun challenging little track. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The heat in mid summer is the worse. The best is we play golf year around, and honestly we are blessed with many great golf courses in my area. 

6. What do you do for a living? I was an instructor. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Just one I use. 

• 2 weeks later...

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap? have been playing for about 13 years and my handicap is a 6.7. 

2. What do you love about golf? The thing I love most about golf is that no matter how much you practice you can always get better, so it provides you with a constant challenge.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I was told about MyGolfSpy from another spy and it really peaked my interest. I’ve always enjoyed learning more about different equipment and understanding the pros and cons of the equipment in your bag!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from South Florida and my home course is Deer Creek Golf Club.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is definitely being able to play golf year round. Worst thing os probably how hot it gets in the summer.

6. What do you do for a living? I’m a Project Manager for a small construction company. 
         Look forward to staying posted with the latest and greatest in the golf world and being involved in whatever way I can!   

1. How long have you been playing golf? I started in high school at 17.  So 25 years in love with the game. Current handicap is a 5.1.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the times playing alone so I can clear my mind and focus on a shot. Also the time between shots to let your mind wander and appreciate the beauty of the surroundings. I also outings with friends joking and having a good time. Finally those times you get paired up with a stranger with a common love and meeting new people.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I have used MyGolfSpy for several reviews in the past and never joined.  I recently looked a couple reviews and wanted to be a tester.  As far as I know I do not know any other Spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from NW Indiana originally and went to school at Purdue (great golf courses). Now I live in Georgetown, KY.  My home course is Kearney Hills Golf Links

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I would say the best thing is the ability to play virtually year round.  Probably the worst is there aren't really good golf courses locally. Can't hold a candle to MN, IN, or MI where I have played the most.  

6. What do you do for a living? I am an Engineer. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? My initials BJ or BEEJ.

Edited by BEEJ
Clarity

WITB

Driver Mizuno.jpg.556c6fb4339cb7af03a978bbfb557a08.jpg ST-200 Set to 9° Ventus Black 70g X-stiff

2 Iron Mizuno.jpg.556c6fb4339cb7af03a978bbfb557a08.jpg  HMB KBS Tour 120g S hard stepped

4-PW Mizuno.jpg.556c6fb4339cb7af03a978bbfb557a08.jpg  MP-20 KBS Tour 120g S hard stepped

Wedges Mizuno.jpg.556c6fb4339cb7af03a978bbfb557a08.jpg  T 20 50°, 53°, 56°, 60° KBS Tour 120g S hard stepped

Putter SC.jpg.14736f817c1495461be501fb995c16db.jpg   Newport 2.6

All clubs use arc2.jpg.194a7f796bf5f1991cde65dade3cd471.jpg

Welcome Beej.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 18 years, I currently play to a 6 after laying the clubs down for about 5 years.

2. What do you love about golf? I love all of it. It is constantly evolving and changing. My favorite thing to practice is the short game.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don't have much going on right now, so was hoping to contribute via product tests/reviews. I don't know any other Spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Live in the panhandle, I don't currently have a home course because I bounce around quite a bit.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best is the range of courses available. The worst is easily pace of play of play and lack of quality clubfitters in the area.

6. What do you do for a living? Work remotely in the software field.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Just an old gamertag 🤣

"Be a goldfish" - Ted Lasso

• 2 weeks later...

Yo,

New golf spy in the house.  Looking forward to all the golf junk info on this .com.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 25ish years, 6.9 HC Currently, 78-82

2. What do you love about golf? Competition- I enjoy competing with myself as much or more so than competing against others.  I am constantly striving to be better. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Love the Labs and Most Wanted Lists.  Would like to become a tester since I like tinkering with my set ups.  I do not know of any other Spied

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Memphis, TN. Windyke currently....

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The best thing is it is golf.  The worst thing is it gets rather hot during the summer.  

6. What do you do for a living? Mechanical Contractor 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Lack of creativity

Driver 9°= :taylormade-small: M3, Aldilia NV 2KXV Orange Stiff

4 Wood 16.5°= :Sub70: Pro Tour Fairway, UST Proforce v2 Black 6F4

Utility Club 19.5°= :Sub70: 699 Pro Utility Satin, Aldilia NVS 85 Hybrid Graphite

Irons, 4-PW= :taylormade-small: P790 Gen 1, Project X LZ 6.0

Gap 52°=:Sub70: 286 Forged Raw Wedge, Project X LZ 6.0

Sand 56°= :vokey-small: SM7

Lob 60°= :vokey-small: SM7

Putter= :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5

Ball= :titelist-small: Pro V1-X 

On 2/11/2019 at 5:25 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

Hey all! My name is Steve Miller...new member here! Looking forward to connecting and contributing on here.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? PGA Teaching & Coaching Professional for the last 22 years, but have been playing for over 40 years. 

2. What do you love about golf? I love being able to meet and help so many golfers reach their goals and shoot scores they've only dreamed of.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Knew about the guys from MyGolfSpy when I was in working in VA before moving to FL. I love what they do to get good unbiased information out to the golf world.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Live in Orlando and have my coaching services at Grande Vista Golf Club, but I love playing many of the courses in the Central Florida area.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best things about FL golf are the options...the worst are how busy they can be during the winter months because of all the visitors to the area.

6. What do you do for a living? PGA Teaching & Coaching Professional

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's just me!

Steve Miller, PGA 

Titleist TSi3 - 9* HZRDS Smoke Black - X

Callaway XR16 Pro - Fujikura Speeder 667 - X

Titleist 816 H2 - 19* 

TM P790 (4-P) KBS C Taper 120

Sub 70 - 50, 55, 60 wedges

On 2/11/2019 at 5:25 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:
  • How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• Played on and off for about 20 years now. At my best, play around scratch but trying to hold a 5 hdcp now.

• What do you love about golf?

• Golf is truth…you get out of it what you put into it…this holds true with the amount of practice you put in for your quiver of shots on course and for the actual act of hitting the ball.

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• Always scoured articles and tests from MyGolfSpy and just now coming around to joining the community of folks devoted to the game.

• Where are you from? What is your home course?

• Buford, GA..playing Hamilton Mills Golf Club

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• Random storms followed by humidity and heat. I’ve once had rain, heat, and near unplayable wind all in a single round of golf.

• What do you do for a living?

• Strategy at a healthcare company

• How’d you pick your user name?

• An old co-worker said my full 2 syllable name was too long and shortened to gav 

Mizuno ST-Z 220 9.5* Diamana D+ White 60S | Titleist 917F2 17* Diamana TB 70S | Titleist 913 Hybrid 19* Diamana White 92HY S | Mizuno JPX 921 Forged Nippon Modus Tour 115 S (4-GW) | Vokey SM5 52* (playing 53*) and 58* | Odyssey Black Series Tour Design No. 5 | Bridgestone Tour B XS | Mizuno BR-D4 6-Way California Blue

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I played every day during the summers when I was younger, but basically quit when I was in high school and easily frustrated.  Started back in the fall of 2020 and am now hooked.  Handicap established at 40, but down to 25 now.  I expect it to level off around bogey-golf.

2. What do you love about golf?  It's a great escape by requiring focus on a stupid little white ball that won't go where you want it to!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  The equipment has changed a lot since I last played.  I love the data-driven approach and crave the trustworthy data when deciding what's right for me.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I live in central Kentucky, my home courses are Lexington Country Club and all of the 13 Kentucky State Parks courses.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Great variety of courses and turfs, year-round golf is possible, the humidity can be hell, though!

6. What do you do for a living?  Deputy Commissioner of the Kentucky Department of Parks (also, a recovering attorney)

7. How’d you pick your user name?  It's my name...?

Edited by Will A

Driver:ping-small: G410 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 55 R
Wood:ping-small: G425 Max 5W - Alta CB R
Irons:taylormade-small: 4-AW - VeloxT 65 R
Wedges:  image.png.e43cb1d782ed388d90a6cdfd7e55cb7c.png Equalizer II 56, :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 60-11
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Crimson Series 550
Ball:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Hi, I'm Rex. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I retired about 5years ago and moved to Florida for retirement. I took up golf upon retirement. Normal score is about 100, but I hope to improve on that.

2. What do you love about golf? I like the social aspect, and just getting out on a beautiful course 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've been reading the reviews for a couple of years now.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Illinois. My home course is Citrus Hills Oaks about an hour and a half north of Tampa

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best is the great weather in the winter. The worst is the summer heat

6. What do you do for a living? Retired, enjoying golf and cycling. I worked as an electrical engineer prior to this.

Bag: Ping 425 sft, tour edge Hl4 irons, XXIO 3 wood, 20 year old Nike putter

1. How long have you been playing golf?
    What’s your handicap or normal score?

I played a bit in high school, but only a couple of times since then. Looking to get back into it, so my normal score is… whatever my team gets in scramble play.

1. What do you love about golf?

It’s the fun of getting outside with friends, along with the challenge of improving my game and controlling my headspace.

2. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

A friend was testing some irons the other day and told me about it.

3. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I’m in NC, in the Triad area. Don’t really have a “home” course.

4. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Lots of sunny days, but lots of humidity. There are also a ton of affordable courses in my area.

5. What do you do for a living?

I’m a corporate lawyer.

6.How’d you pick your user name?

It’s a nickname a friend gave me way back.

Yeah... I'm still out.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?       I played for a few years in my late 30's, scored usually in the mid 90's sometimes lower, may times higher.  I went through a divorce in my early 40's, priorities changed and I am now just starting to play again at the age of 60.

2. What do you love about golf?      The fact that no matter how old you get you can still compete against yourself and your last round

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?     I found the sight while looking for reviews on clubs at the beginning of 2021, and just recently started watching the mygolfspy videos on youtube.  No I don't know any other spies

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?     I live in Los Angeles, I don't have a home course but I can play plenty of courses in southern california 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?     Best is weather, worst I would just have to say probably applies to just about everywhere, the price and how long it can take sometimes to play a round

6. What do you do for a living?    I work for a local utility

7. How’d you pick your user name?    It is what my buddies call me and the day of the month I was born

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing for 30 years and current handicap is around a 10.

What do you love about golf? I like hanging out with the guys for some competition and trash talking.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I came here because of the great reviews, and just learned of the forums. I don't know anyone here that I'm aware of.

Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from NC, and home courses are Riverbend and Deer Brook.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Golf in my region is great. I'm in between the beach and the mountains and Pinehurst is just a couple hours away.

What do you do for a living? Aerospace 

How’d you pick your user name? Nickname since college.

"Good, good?"

• Played competitively/consistently in HS (2008 - 2012), but took a hiatus and only played occasionally up until summer of 2020. Since then, been practicing multiple times during the week. 
    • No official handicap as of this writing (need to play more); can consistently break 90 with no issues. Peaked at ~4.0 in HS. 

• When it comes to practice, it's my "me-time"; an opportunity to shut out the world and focus on improving myself.
    • When it comes to playing, I love spending time with my buddies. Hard to beat 4-5 hours with your friends on the golf course. 

• I appreciate the unbiased opinions and the focus on performance when it comes to reviewing gear. For example, I would have never heard of / bought the Inesis Waterproof golf shoes if it wasn't for this site. And I'm loving these shoes!

• Metro Atlanta (slightly OTP for my locals)

• Best/Worst = Weather. Pretty much can play all year, but humidity in the summer is rough.

• Accountant (and no, I can't give you tax advice)

• Ping & Nike - my two favorite brands growing up

:titelist-small: 909 D3 9.5*

:titelist-small: 909 F3 15*

:titelist-small: 585 H 21*

:cleveland-small: 588 MB 4-PW

:titelist-small: Vokey 52*, 56*, 60*

:scotty-small: California Monterey (2012)

19 hours ago, Bryclops said:

1. How long have you been playing golf?
    What’s your handicap or normal score?

I played a bit in high school, but only a couple of times since then. Looking to get back into it, so my normal score is… whatever my team gets in scramble play.

1. What do you love about golf?

It’s the fun of getting outside with friends, along with the challenge of improving my game and controlling my headspace.

2. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

A friend was testing some irons the other day and told me about it.

3. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I’m in NC, in the Triad area. Don’t really have a “home” course.

4. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Lots of sunny days, but lots of humidity. There are also a ton of affordable courses in my area.

5. What do you do for a living?

I’m a corporate lawyer.

6.How’d you pick your user name?

It’s a nickname a friend gave me way back.

Welcome aboard! Your friend gives sage advice! 😁

12 hours ago, Hambone said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing for 30 years and current handicap is around a 10.

What do you love about golf? I like hanging out with the guys for some competition and trash talking.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I came here because of the great reviews, and just learned of the forums. I don't know anyone here that I'm aware of.

Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from NC, and home courses are Riverbend and Deer Brook.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Golf in my region is great. I'm in between the beach and the mountains and Pinehurst is just a couple hours away.

Welcome!

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70: 939X 4H 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:maxfli: Tour 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Garmin S10

11 hours ago, Ping Swoosh said:

• Played competitively/consistently in HS (2008 - 2012), but took a hiatus and only played occasionally up until summer of 2020. Since then, been practicing multiple times during the week. 
    • No official handicap as of this writing (need to play more); can consistently break 90 with no issues. Peaked at ~4.0 in HS. 

• When it comes to practice, it's my "me-time"; an opportunity to shut out the world and focus on improving myself.
    • When it comes to playing, I love spending time with my buddies. Hard to beat 4-5 hours with your friends on the golf course. 

• I appreciate the unbiased opinions and the focus on performance when it comes to reviewing gear. For example, I would have never heard of / bought the Inesis Waterproof golf shoes if it wasn't for this site. And I'm loving these shoes!

• Metro Atlanta (slightly OTP for my locals)

• Best/Worst = Weather. Pretty much can play all year, but humidity in the summer is rough.

• Accountant (and no, I can't give you tax advice)

• Ping & Nike - my two favorite brands growing up

Welcome aboard!

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70: 939X 4H 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:maxfli: Tour 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Garmin S10

• 2 weeks later...
  • How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• Started and played consistently in late 90s early 2000s, but stopped playing due to family, work, other interests, etc. around 2008. Started playing again in fall of 2020.  Play infrequently, but practice multiple days per week.
    • No official handicap.  I keep my own records.  Currently playing to 20.1 - previously about a 9. Hoping to work my way back there over time.

• The mental-physical challenge of working to get better.
    • The solitude of practice.
    • The game has also provided a means to stay connected to life long friends.

• The community.

• The wealth of knowledge and info available.

• Didn't know any other Spies

• Greensboro, NC

• No home course.

• Worst = Summer heat & humidity

• Best = Variety & Value.  Mountains to the west, the beach to the east. and Pinehurst and the Sandhills in between

• Utility operations

• Thats my name.

On 4/23/2021 at 9:41 PM, myherobobhope said:

I signed up here awhile ago, but haven’t really participated... I’m in Louisville, ky.

getting back into golf from a back injury in august.

I lived in Louisville back in the 1970’s…..played Seneca, Cherokee and Chenowith.  Public courses but well taken care of.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 2 weeks later...

New to mygolfspy forum.  I am a former professional long driver and veteran competitor in world long drive championships from 1989-2015.  Currently a Lead Coach and Director of Clinics and Academies at Dustin Johnson Golf School at TPC Myrtle Beach in Murrells Inlet, SC.  My specialty is sharing my knowledge and research in maximizing accurate distance for golfers at any age or skill level from swing mechanics to equipment.  I am also a Certified Mental Sports Coach teaching mental strategies for preparation, visualization and competition.

I have travelled the globe hitting my driver in many places across Europe, Asia, South America, Canada and all over the U.S. and played golf with a lot of famous people have lot's of stories, some I can share...and some I will never tell.

I hope to be an asset to this forum.

• 2 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? Just started back after 10 year absence.  What’s your handicap or normal score? I used to shoot high 80's to Low 90's,  Don't know now.

2.  What do you love about golf?  Being outdoors,  making new friend at the course

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? To learn  Do you already know any other Spies?  No

4. Where are you from? Largo, FL. West of Tampa  What is your home course?  Don't have one

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  So many choices,  Humidity will kill you here.

6. What do you do for a living?  Home Improvement

7. How’d you pick your user name?  First name and year

Edited by Mark71

Wilson Fat shaft 3-pw

Tommy Armour putter

Vokey wedges 56 and 60 degree

Hello all from Sarasota FL,

1. Iv been playing regularly for the past 3 years. On and off starting in high school. I currently hold a 9 handicap down from 14.

2. What isn’t there to love about golf. The design layouts, creativity with shots, never playing the same course the same way, walking in peace and quiet just the sounds of nature. Having learned to accept the bad with the good in golf I have not only played better, this has truly become my meditation.

3. I have been diving thru the forum for reviews in equipment and accessories having upgraded my bad over the past year, and my little addiction to all hold gadgets, I trust the people here to be realistic and honest in opinions.

4. I am from Sarasota (Venice) FL, for a walking course it’s the trusted muni Lake Venice, for riding there is an easy rotation of a handful of courses and more newer courses having recently been developed.

5. Best thing is easy, the number of courses to choose from(more needing tlc now). Worst is easy, rates drop but the rain starts for the entire summer tee times need to finish before afternoon showers.

6. Builder - kitchens, baths, remodels

7. The way my name is in tournaments

TSI3 Driver tour ad iz 6X

TS3 15* 3 wood evenflow white

818 H1 21* hybrid evenflow blue

4-W Titleist T200 Modus 3 120 1* Flat .5 cut

Vokey 54*S - 60*M SM7

Scotty Fastback 1.5 33” 20g weights

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, my name is Stephen Cole and I am from Cartersville, GA. I look forward to chatting with you all about all things golf. 

Callaway Rogue Driver 10.5 Aldila Synergy 50 A Flex

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 Wood Aldila NVS 55R (old school)

Callaway Mavrik Max 4 Hybrid Project X 55 5.0

Callaway Mavrik Max Irons 5-PW Project X 55 5.0

Vokey SM8 Wedge 56 10S

Ping Sigma 2 Arna Putter 35 inch

Welcome to the forum fellas!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

On 8/2/2021 at 7:55 PM, Hambone said:

Riverbend in Shelby NC? I used to play that course quite a bit back when I lived in Gaffney SC----

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 8/24/2021 at 10:48 AM, HOF3XWLDC said:

New to mygolfspy forum.  I am a former professional long driver and veteran competitor in world long drive championships from 1989-2015.  Currently a Lead Coach and Director of Clinics and Academies at Dustin Johnson Golf School at TPC Myrtle Beach in Murrells Inlet, SC.  My specialty is sharing my knowledge and research in maximizing accurate distance for golfers at any age or skill level from swing mechanics to equipment.  I am also a Certified Mental Sports Coach teaching mental strategies for preparation, visualization and competition.

I have travelled the globe hitting my driver in many places across Europe, Asia, South America, Canada and all over the U.S. and played golf with a lot of famous people have lot's of stories, some I can share...and some I will never tell.

I hope to be an asset to this forum.

Yep you are more than less around the corner from me. I live in GC and a member at Indigo Creek was at Indian Wells for a number of years until you know what happened there. And absolutely yes with your background and current teaching position you will be a valuable asset to our little community of MGS

Do not take it personally but I have a deep animosity for the Founders Group which owns TPC for what they did with Indian Wells and some other things they did. So I will apoligize in advance for anything I say negative about the Founders group---- I still have friends that work for the group and they are still friends but know exactly how I feel. So do not take me personally. Who knows me may already know each other I know so many folks in the Golf Industry here. Anyhow welcome to MGS

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 9/23/2021 at 4:09 AM, BIG STU said:

Riverbend in Shelby NC? I used to play that course quite a bit back when I lived in Gaffney SC----

Yep! Live about 10 minutes away... Played Cherokee National down in Gaffney many times as well.

"Good, good?"

On 9/22/2021 at 7:38 PM, Revscole said:

Hello all, my name is Stephen Cole and I am from Cartersville, GA. I look forward to chatting with you all about all things golf. 

Welcome aboard fellow Georgian!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)