Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

6 hours ago, precision marker said:

Hi, I am Richard Sweet, Founder of Precision Marker LLC.  Several years back, Lexi Thompson lost a tournament because she mismarked her ball after lifting on the putting green.  My wife said there should be a better way to mark your ball. We invented a marker that cradles the ball.  When you lift the ball, no matter where you place the marker, it has to go back to the exact same location. No thought process needed. We then invented the Precision Trainer to help guys like me that might need help squaring their putter face, putting without grass lag, or learning to hit out of greenside bunkers.

Both patented products, the Precision Marker and the Precision Trainer, are designed to provide 3 reference point aiming, shown to improve putting by as much as 18%. Think Callaway Triple Tract Technology; except I had it in 2018.  Both have numerous uses, so simple yet so clever.

I golf 1-3 times per week at my home course of Compass Pointe in Leland, NC.  Like many, I know more about golf than I can execute.  I walk with a cane.  Due to short distance, I always look to get on a Par 4 in 3 and a Par 5 in 4.  Then 2 putt.  That's my game and I'm sticking with it.  I have a great time.  When I can't play golf anymore, I will have to take up knitting or something.  

Did you send Lexi one of the markers? 🙂

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Guys and Gals!!! I'm Richard... Sharing my time between New York and Florida!!! Playing since I'm 13, so almost 40 years now... 

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ~John Stuart Mill

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope." ~Winston Churchill

Gaming: Woods: Cobra Radspeed XB Driver, 3W, 5W, Cobra KING Forged TEC 4-PW, Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 48*/10* F Grind, 54*/12* D Grind, 60*/12* D Grind, Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron Special Select Fastback 1.5 🙂

On 1/12/2022 at 6:04 PM, precision marker said:

Don't know how to send them. Would love to send them to Lexi, Paula, Stacey, Michelle, Rickie, etc.

Rickie Fowler
PGA Tour, Inc.
112 PGA Tour Boulevard
Ponte Vedre Beach, FL 32082-3046
USA

Lexi Thompson
Ladies Professional Golf Association
100 International Golf Drive
Daytona Beach, FL 32124-1092
USA

Paula Creamer
Ladies Professional Golf Association
100 International Golf Drive
Daytona Beach, FL 32124-1092
USA

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Long time lurker, first time account holder! Excited to join the community!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? About 15 years and I float between an 8 and 10 handicap depending on the time of year

2. What do you love about golf? I love to build clubs and see how they perform as I dial them in!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know any other Spies, but I've always used MGS for research, but never made an account until now!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Born and raised in Orlando, FL, just moved back to the city after living in Denver, CO for the past 7 years! No home course yet as I love to travel and play everywhere.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? There are a ton of courses but a ton of people to play them, so pace of play can be awful at times

6. What do you do for a living? Project Manager (background in Construction and now work in software development)

7. How’d you pick your user name? I'm a nerd at heart, love playing video games and love to play the great game of golf!

:taylormade-small: Driver: Sim 2 Max 10.5 - MCI Tensei White  image.png.7bc878434b6be6d142969f2f4590ca0e.png Ping G425 Max - Oban Devotion 65-04

:taylormade-small: Fairway Wood: Sim 2 Ti 15* - MCI Tensei Blue

:taylormade-small: Hybrids: Sim 2 21* & 24* - MCI Tensei Blue

:srixon-small: Irons: Srixon zx7 5-PW - Oban CT-100 2.jpg.c5b2ac6cf27fb0170035df1f0b6a8fcb.jpg Proto Concept C01 4-PW PX LZ 5.5

:cleveland-small: Wedges: Cleveland CBX 2 50*, 54*, 58* 2.jpg.c5b2ac6cf27fb0170035df1f0b6a8fcb.jpg Proto Concept Forged 50*, 54*, 58*

:mizuno-small: Putter: Mizuno M-Craft IV

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Since I was 10 year old. Low to mid 80s is where I am usually at. If I practice hard maybe high 70s.

2. What do you love about golf? Able to spend 4 quality hours with friends or family. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Looking for a place to talk golf, equipment, etc.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Miami, FL.  International Golf Links - Melreese C.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: No such thing as a "golf season". Worst: Heat, humidity in the summer

6. What do you do for a living? Radiologist

7. How’d you pick your user name? First name and Last initial.

Whats in my bag:

Driver: TaylorMade SIM2 driver with Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X

3 wood: Taylormade SIM2 Max Driver with Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

3 iron: Taylormade Sim UDI Diamana shaft

4-PW: Taylormade P790 Dynamic gold 105 VSS

GW: Cleveland CBX 50*

SW/LW: Taylormade MG3 Raw 54* and 58*

Putter: Odyssey 2 ball Ten Triple Track

Ball: Titleist AVX

Edited by Greg_S

Driver: TaylorMade SIM2 driver with Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X

3 wood: Taylormade SIM2 Max Driver with Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

3 iron: Taylormade Sim UDI Diamana shaft

4-PW: Taylormade P790 Dynamic gold 105 VSS

GW: Cleveland CBX 50*

SW/LW: Taylormade MG3 Raw 54* and 58*

Putter: Odyssey 2 ball Ten Triple Track

Ball: Titleist AVX

On 11/5/2021 at 9:36 AM, JC1959 said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? about 30 years, Cap ranges from 9-12 normally

2. What do you love about golf? New Equipment and the occasional shot that works as planned

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I was chatting with Rob on another forum and he mentioned there are a lot of old friends here from other sites so I thought I would join and see what's up.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Central Florida, no home course 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? heat in the summer and crowds in the winter

6. What do you do for a living? Sales

7. How’d you pick your user name? easy for an old guy to remember..

New to the forum, old friends with Rob and I suspect a lot of other members. I was a THP member for years and currently visit WRX.  Love the game and messing around with Equipment, the scores never seem to change but the bag does. Got into club building to save some money and do most of my own work when not buying from OEM's.

Currently have a full bag of Callaway but that could change if something else catches my eye.

Welcome aboard cuz!   This site is hotter than a two dollar pistol and the folks are awesome.  Sit down and stay a spell, naw sit down and keep ya arse here. 😁  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• 3 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf?  35 years plus

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? Current HC 6.7

3. What do you love about golf? It's a total mind over body type thing for me. I love the challenge that each round can be different. 

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I like to read forums and learn from others. 

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? Tampa area in Florida. In between courses at this time

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Golf is year round, but it's hot and humid in Summer

7. What do you do for a living? Contact Center Consulting/Ex Club Pro

8. How’d you pick your user name?Nickname and Hockey #

Getting back into the game after taking a 10 year layoff. Glad to be here

Driver:  :titleist-small:  TSi2 9*  :Fuji: Ventus Black 6S

Fairway: :titleist-small: TSi2 15*  :Fuji: Speeder Evo III 70S

Utility: :titleist-small: T-200 3 Iron  :Fuji: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Irons: :titleist-small: 620CB w/ :truetemper: DGTI X100 4-6

Irons:  :titleist-small: 620MB w/ :truetemper: DGTI X100 7-PW

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM9 50/08F 56/12S 60/04T

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2+ 34" 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 #31 (Currently Ball Testing)

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    The first time around I was 26 and played for 12 years. I got down to a 12, but my course management was awful... but I didn't know how to play. Now 15 years later I've picked it back up and course management has become a priority due to lack of distance... lol. I started at a 25 after three rounds, and am now a mid handicapper.

2. What do you love about golf?

Being outside, knockings the dew off with an early morning round, meeting new folks, learning to plan a round with my GPS, and the commitment it takes to improve.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I've been watching the YouTube channel and wanted to see more in depth the tests and             equipment you were referring to. None that I know of.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

Northeastern, KY... the Ashland area right on the Ohio River.  I have a membership at LittleScioto Golf Course in  Wheelersburg, OH and also play a good bit at The Elks Country Club        in McDemott, OH (it's a Donald Ross course).    Both are about 15 miles from my house.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
            Green fees are affordable, but most courses are hard to walk, and there aren't many                    close.

6. What do you do for a living?

Currently I work from home, but I've been an executive chef, blaster, machinist, tree                    trimmer, and many varied  occupations over the course of my life.  My resume kind of                  looks like an "about the author"... you know, the part before they were successful.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

It's a reference to my two passions, golf and music (electric bass). 

Edited by Groovethumper

Cobra Rad Speed XB,Taylor Made PSI 4 iron, Wishon EQ1-NX 5-GW, Mizuno T22 SW,LW, M-Craft VI putter, OnCOre Elixr Matte Green

On 2/17/2022 at 1:21 AM, Groovethumper said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    The first time around I was 26 and played for 12 years. I got down to a 12, but my course management was awful... but I didn't know how to play. Now 15 years later I've picked it back up and course management has become a priority due to lack of distance... lol. I started at a 25 after three rounds, and am now a mid handicapper.

2. What do you love about golf?

Being outside, knockings the dew off with an early morning round, meeting new folks, learning to plan a round with my GPS, and the commitment it takes to improve.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I've been watching the YouTube channel and wanted to see more in depth the tests and             equipment you were referring to. None that I know of.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

https://freecamgirls.name/category/anal-cams/

https://adultcams.name/category/asian-cams/

https://sexcams.name/category/milf-cams/

Northeastern, KY... the Ashland area right on the Ohio River.  I have a membership at LittleScioto Golf Course in  Wheelersburg, OH and also play a good bit at The Elks Country Club        in McDemott, OH (it's a Donald Ross course).    Both are about 15 miles from my house.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
            Green fees are affordable, but most courses are hard to walk, and there aren't many                    close.

6. What do you do for a living?

Currently I work from home, but I've been an executive chef, blaster, machinist, tree                    trimmer, and many varied  occupations over the course of my life.  My resume kind of                  looks like an "about the author"... you know, the part before they were successful.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

It's a reference to my two passions, golf and music (electric bass). 

Hello and welcome 😉

Edited by wepulogo

• 1 month later...

Retired in Gainesville,  Florida. In my 70"s and a Member of Hawkstone Country Club.

Usually. I get to play 4 or more times a week. Currently, a 9 handicap and before being physically handicapped, was a '1' or scratch player.

Looking forward now to playing more and hopefully to possibly lowering that handicap.

Also, looking to meet more players and playing additional courses throughout  the southeast.

Choose wisely, and do not be afraid to be great!

IMG_4468.jpg

6 hours ago, PutterBoy23 said:

Retired in Gainesville,  Florida. In my 70"s and a Member of Hawkstone Country Club.

Usually. I get to play 4 or more times a week. Currently, a 9 handicap and before being physically handicapped, was a '1' or scratch player.

Looking forward now to playing more and hopefully to possibly lowering that handicap.

Also, looking to meet more players and playing additional courses throughout  the southeast.

Welcome aboard PB ! 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Hello everyone. I've played golf for 27 years, off and on. I am getting back into playing regularly after a few years of only playing a couple of rounds a year. My current handicap is 24.4 but I'm hoping to bring that down a lot this year. 

I grew up in Stone Mountain, but I'm now living in Vero Beach. My "home course" is Sandridge, but I'm trying to play as many of the area courses as I can. I think that is one great thing about south Florida. There is no lack of public courses to choose from. 

I am an academic librarian. Working in higher education is a very rewarding career. My profile name came from an old, web comic series. I created it many years ago for another online forum. 

Edited by mainmanedgar
Editing out the questions from the OP

Ping G410 LST

Maxfli 3 wood

Callaway Maverick Max 3H, 4H, 5-PW

Vokey SM5 50, SM8 54, Cleveland CG14 58

Ping D60

1. How long have you been playing golf? 24 years

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? I’m a 12.9

3. What do you love about golf? What’s not to love. Competition, friendship, the outdoors, travel, testing yourself. 

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I’ve read the reviews and I want to become a more active part of the community. Do you already know any other Spies? Maybe, but I don’t think so  

5. Where are you from? Tampa Florida What is your home course? Feather Sound Golf and Country Club

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The weather to both  

7. What do you do for a living? Corporate Banker

8. How’d you pick your user name? Location/name

F0F12AD5-3E88-40E7-B9E5-BBE748BDF5A3.jpeg

Srixon Z785 irons M4 Driver

• 2 weeks later...

I got introduced to golf about five years ago. We came with a group of 15 people to the Czech Republic, to Karlovy Vary, to play tennis, and there turned out to be a golf course at the resort where you could watch the game and learn. And gradually we all switched to golf. At first I started playing only abroad, until we made a course in Yekaterinburg (Pine Creek Golf Resort. - Vedomosti) - fantastic, absolutely world-class. I can say this responsibly, because during this time I have already seen a lot. my golf depositphotos.

Golf is an incredible tradition. I've seen legendary golf clubs in Scotland, it's a stunning picture: the courses along the ocean, on the walls of the club house there are photos of the time of the beginning of golf - players on the field with a cigar in their mouths, racks, the moment of impact, women in dresses. There, men aged 75 work in clubs, and at the same time they are in great shape, knowing golf from and to. The true alma mater of golf!

The unique difference of golf is in the deepest decency of the players both in relation to each other and to the game itself. Any falsifications or deceptions are excluded here. If anyone allows himself to cheat, he will simply be excluded from the golf community. And, of course, golf is a game about patience, the ability to put the squeeze on emotions, to win psychologically.

Whatever the impression from the outside, golf is a good physical activity. For a quality game, good physical fitness is required - the average field is about 12 km long. I can tell you about myself: I go through 18 holes - a kilogram of weight goes away, guaranteed.

• 2 weeks later...

1.     How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 12-14 years. I retired at the end of 2020 and now play 2-3 times a week.

2.     What do you love about golf? The challenge of hitting a great shot or making a great putt and the feeling when it actually happens.

3.     What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? The wealth of information and the feeling of camaraderie. I know no other Spies.

4.     Where are you from? What is your home course? Hull, GA. Highland Walk

5.     What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: Playing year-round. Worst: Crowds

6.     What do you do for a living? Retired from hardware IT

7.     How’d you pick your user name? It’s one I’ve used for years, and I am hard of hearing.

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R

My two sons play golf but I never did. Entering my mid-50s I found that baseball, hockey, and other stuff just wasn't in the cards anymore. Thanksgiving week 2021 on Hilton Head my boys took off for a round of golf and for the first time I felt left out. So shortly after they headed out the door I grabbed one of their old sets of clubs and went to the driving range. It was a total disaster but I had fun. I went back to the range with them the next day (much to their surprise) and they alternately made fun of me and turned on a firehose of advice. I got frustrated and in a fit of spastic hubris I said I would shoot 90 and drive 300 yards by July 2022. Every week they remind me that I said this.

I got a coach a week later and have since averaged 3x/week at the driving range (75 to 150 balls per session) and a par-3 9-hole course and/or a full 18 every week. The 1st week of April I got fitted for a full bag. 

A few months ago I would go through 10 or 20 balls through 18 holes. At that time I didn't use my driver outside of the driving range because I was afraid of damaging property or hurting someone.

The road to improvement has run parallel to a path of humility.

An unexpected and pleasant benefit of golf is that I have had the pleasure of meeting some wonderful people.

As of 4/28/22:

I shoot ~118 from the blue tees, drive 260 reliably, 3-putt even more reliably, am solid between 112 and 175 yards (AW to 5 iron) from the green, have no idea how to hit from the sand (my main area of focus right now, and it is painful), and chipping is finally starting to click (at least in my head if not in my hands).

1. How long have you been playing golf? 6 months. What’s your handicap or normal score? 118 (score, not handicap)

2. What do you love about golf? being outside with friends. the mental challenge of clearing my head before taking a swing

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? the reviews and tips. Do you already know any other Spies? Nope.

4. Where are you from? I live in Peachtree City, GA. What is your home course? Summer Grove in Newnan, GA.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I can play year round. For a portion of that year I get to enjoy humid, hot days with gnats and mosquitos.

6. What do you do for a living? quantitative, analytic, techie stuff

7. How’d you pick your user name? If you read the bold claim I made about how quickly I would make progress... well, one of my sons said that if this were to actually happen, he would make make contact between a certain portion of his anatomy and a cactus.

Lob-wedge-meme.jpg

Edited by Cactus

Mizuno ST-Z 9.5 HZRDS RDX Smoke 60g 6.0

Titleist TSi3 13.3 3-Wood

TaylorMade SIM2 MAX 5-Wood

Callaway Rogue ST 5 Hybrid

Callaway Apex-21 6-AW Irons

Cleveland SmartSole 4 42/Chipper

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 52, 58

PXG Bat Attack

Bridgestone e12

On 4/26/2022 at 9:00 AM, hohjoe said:

1.     How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 12-14 years. I retired at the end of 2020 and now play 2-3 times a week.

2.     What do you love about golf? The challenge of hitting a great shot or making a great putt and the feeling when it actually happens.

3.     What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? The wealth of information and the feeling of camaraderie. I know no other Spies.

4.     Where are you from? What is your home course? Hull, GA. Highland Walk

5.     What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: Playing year-round. Worst: Crowds

6.     What do you do for a living? Retired from hardware IT

7.     How’d you pick your user name? It’s one I’ve used for years, and I am hard of hearing.

Welcome aboard neighbor. There are several members from the North Ga area. This is an excellent forum, you can find a lot of great information.

4 hours ago, GaDawg said:

Welcome aboard neighbor. There are several members from the North Ga area. This is an excellent forum, you can find a lot of great information.

Thank you!

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R

1.     How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Since 2006, so 16 years. I don't have an official handicap but somewhere between a 10-13, I will be entering scores this summer. 

2.     What do you love about golf? I only need myself and the battle within to feel the competitive juices flowing. 

3.     What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know any other spies but I have been coming here for years for their reviews, originally searched out reviews because the Golf Digest ones felt so fake and "paid" for. 

4.     Where are you from? What is your home course? Originally from Coventry, RI but living full time in Jupiter, FL now. I guess it would be Abacoa, but usually bounce around to the public tracks in PB County and Martin County

5.     What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: Playing year-round even though it can be hot. Worst: A lot of the best golf in the area is inaccessible to the public

6.     What do you do for a living? I am a project analyst for a construction estimating company

7.     How’d you pick your user name? It is my first initial and last name, pretty boring!

On the market for new irons and D stick
Nike SQ Machspeed 3 wood (Too fond to upgrade)
Cobra Amp Cell 3H
Nike VRS Irons 4i-9i (help!)
Vokey SM4 60, SM6 56, SM7 52, 46
Scotty Studio Design 2.5 (<3)

On 4/28/2022 at 6:03 AM, Cactus said:

Lob-wedge-meme.jpg

Put this exact quote into practice last Sunday.  Almost took the head off my playing partner 😕

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome about to both hohjoe and Cactus, I have played both of your home courses, Highland Walk & Summer Grove.  Been a few years for both but they are both fun tracks.  Glad y'all decided to join in. 

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

• 3 weeks later...

Hey what’s up everyone, Alex from SW Florida. I play golf about 4 times per week (9 or 18) and I’m a member at Palmetto-Pine CC. I’m also opening an indoor golf simulator that will have 3 bays, beer/wine/etc and indoor putting. Our bays will feature the new Uneekor EyeXO systems and over 40,000 course options. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing seriously for about 18 months. I dabbled in my early 20s but only played about 10 or so rounds because I traveled for work so my time was ultra limited. At the end of 2020 I was a 25-30 HCP and relied heavily on my athletic background. I’m down to a 9.8 HCP and score in the low 80s typically at my home course.

2. What do you love about golf? The never ending pursuit of excellence. I could play every day for the rest of my life and never master it. So instead of perfection I’m just looking to get to scratch.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I read every MGS article about equipment and find them to be very informative

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Cape Coral, FL and my home course is Palmetto-Pine CC

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is golf year round and nearly every day. The worst things are the heat at times, relatively flat courses and the hit my ego takes hitting my driver at sea level.

6. What do you do for a living? Real estate investment and soon running my indoor golf bar

7. How’d you pick your user name? It’s my first name and the name of my new golf bar venture

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have been playing golf off and on for about 20 years.  (Long gaps in that 20 years:)  I currently probably have a handicap in the low twenties.  I shoot low to mid nineties. 

2. What do you love about golf?  I love the challenge of golf and the fun it provides when out on course with friends, family and even strangers.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I enjoy the reviews I read online about various golf products.  I don't believe I already know any other Spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I live in Northern Kentucky. (Cincinnati area)  I love to play the Golf Courses of Kenton County.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best is the variety of courses.  Worst is the winter time.

6. What do you do for a living?  I am a school administrator

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Just a nickname given to me from a co-worker years ago.

Mizuno HM Irons, Mizuno ST190 Driver, Cobra SZ 3W, Callaway Mavrik HY, Odyssey Ten S Putt

I have been playing golf for 40 years.  Love golf because it is applied physics and a game for life. I was introduced to MGS by a fellow golfer.  Originally from MA, spent over 20 years in SC now retired and live in Central FL.  Too crowded in the winter and too hot in the summer but I still play 3X per week.  I am a retired Engineer.  Username is first name last initial.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I've been playing for a little over 2 years. I shoot at least 110-120. 

What do you love about golf? 

It's a great activity to get me out of the house, hanging with friends, and walking a course is some great exercise. Plus the dopamine rush of hitting a perfect ball is enough to keep me coming back for more.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? 

I've loved your reviews for a while and finally decided to join the forums.

Where are you from? What is your home course? 

Durham, NC. I usually play either Falls Village or The Crossings.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best? There are a TON of options. Worst? Not really sure...

What do you do for a living? 

Marketing operations

How’d you pick your user name?

My last name starts with carp. Pretty straightforward 😄

GolfingCarp

Hey everyone!

I've been away from golf completely for the last 7 years, but I've picked it back up this summer (not today though because it's 97 degrees in suburban Atlanta).  Back in the day (my 20s and 30s) I was a mid-teens handicap, but I'm not anywhere near that now.  I got old and fat and it has affected my golf swing big time.  I'm working hard to find my swing these days.  I'm encouraged because I've played four rounds this spring/summer and they have each been a handful of strokes lower than the previous round.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Right now, I'm in the 95-105 range, but I'm hoping to get back to shooting in the 85-95 range by the end of the summer.  No official hdcp yet.

2. What do you love about golf? The courses.  I love picking apart the design features of golf courses.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Don't know any, but the No Putts Given podcast sent me here.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I live in Douglasville, GA (25 miles west of ATL).  I play at West Pines GC

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The heat is oppressive here.  It ain't easy playing in the afternoon between 11-6.  I love the variety golf courses and the history of golf we have here.  Not to mention the Tour Championship about 40 minutes from my doorstep.

6. What do you do for a living? Musician

7. How’d you pick your user name? See #6

:callaway-small: BB Epic 10.5 turned down to 9.5. Stiff - Driver

:755178188_TourEdge: 3W - Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge: EX-9 3 & 5 hybrids, stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth irons, 5-PW, AW, Dynamic Gold Stiff

:vokey-small:SM6 56-degree SW, and 60-degree wedge

:ping-small: Zing Putter w/Winn NTP midsize grip

:taylormade-small: Tour Soft

Wish list - Sub70 699 pro irons, Titleist TSI 3 driver

• 1 month later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing for about 15 years. I'm a 4 handicap with most rounds in the mid to high 70's. Every once in a while I'll flirt with a score around even par. 

2. What do you love about golf? Love that no matter your skill level you can always find something to work on and improve your game. Also love the community and relationships built while playing golf. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Been reading reviews for a while now! I don't know other spies. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Grew up playing Terrace Park Country Club in Cincinnati. Currently in Nashville, TN and rotate through the public courses. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Nashville has grown a ton in a short amount of time. Can be difficult to come by tee times at the better public courses. Worst is the winter season. 

6. What do you do for a living? Construction Management

7. How’d you pick your user name? Can't remember! 

Driver: Taylormade SIM

3 Wood - Taylormade Sim Max 15 degree

5 Wood - Taylormade Burner 2007 18 degree

Irons (4-PW) - Mizuno MP-20 MMC

Wedges - Vokey (52, 56, 60)

Putter - YES Callie 33" 

On 6/11/2022 at 9:37 PM, Bill N said:

I have been playing golf for 40 years.  Love golf because it is applied physics and a game for life. I was introduced to MGS by a fellow golfer.  Originally from MA, spent over 20 years in SC now retired and live in Central FL.  Too crowded in the winter and too hot in the summer but I still play 3X per week.  I am a retired Engineer.  Username is first name last initial.

Would you happen to live in The Villages.  We lived there for six years but within the last two months have moved back to Va.