Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Greetings from North Georgia.  Just getting back into the game and found this forum.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing since I was a kid, but have taken 3-4 long breaks due to life events.  I haven't hit more than 500 balls in the past 6-7 years and looking to get back into the game.  So, now...in the 2 rounds I've played recently, I scored 105+.  Previously played in the 10-12 hcp range and hope to get back to that soon.
  2. What do you love about golf?  There has been no perfect game.  I enjoy being outdoors and getting exercise and striking the ball well...that one shot that motivates one to come back out the next day.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Don't know anyone else here...seems to be a good place to get course and equipment ideas.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Born and raised in the Northwest and joined the military after high school. Currently living in Ellijay, GA.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Year round golf/outdoor activities...but June-August is too damn hot!

6. What do you do for a living?  Pilot for a Major Air Line.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Name given to me while I was in the military based on the aircraft I flew and part of my last name.

5 hours ago, ApachePhil said:

Greetings from North Georgia.  Just getting back into the game and found this forum.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing since I was a kid, but have taken 3-4 long breaks due to life events.  I haven't hit more than 500 balls in the past 6-7 years and looking to get back into the game.  So, now...in the 2 rounds I've played recently, I scored 105+.  Previously played in the 10-12 hcp range and hope to get back to that soon.
  2. What do you love about golf?  There has been no perfect game.  I enjoy being outdoors and getting exercise and striking the ball well...that one shot that motivates one to come back out the next day.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Don't know anyone else here...seems to be a good place to get course and equipment ideas.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Born and raised in the Northwest and joined the military after high school. Currently living in Ellijay, GA.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Year round golf/outdoor activities...but June-August is too damn hot!

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Name given to me while I was in the military based on the aircraft I flew and part of my last name.

Welcome aboard!   I'm down the road from you in Watkinsville, Ga.   A bunch of us are heading up to Clayton, Ga. Sunday - Tuesday for some golf at Kingswood CC. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

7 hours ago, ApachePhil said:

Welcome! I too am from Ellijay, hope you stick around and stay active on here as it's a great community to talk all things golf! If you're ever playing Whitepath, don't hit it left on hole 6 or you'll be in my yard!

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

4 hours ago, ole gray said:

Welcome aboard!   I'm down the road from you in Watkinsville, Ga.   A bunch of us are heading up to Clayton, Ga. Sunday - Tuesday for some golf at Kingswood CC. 

Thanks!  I'll keep an eye out for more outings in the future...We are leaving Sunday to hopefully escape the heat-headed to Maine to do some hiking.  Y'all enjoy!

2 hours ago, Josh Ross said:

Welcome! I too am from Ellijay, hope you stick around and stay active on here as it's a great community to talk all things golf! If you're ever playing Whitepath, don't hit it left on hole 6 or you'll be in my yard!

Ha!!  I was well right on 6 the day I played Whitepath.  I suspect it will eventually become my home course-its a pretty track.  I'll have to pick your brain about how to stay out of trouble...missed shots are heavily penalized here!  I live off of 13 and just bought a membership!  Look forward to meeting the regulars and chasing the ball around the hills!

11 hours ago, ApachePhil said:

Welcome. I'm a couple of hours away in Hull, GA.

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R

17 hours ago, A Ziggy said:

Northeast Florida, home of the TPC and God's waiting room.

If you find a no 3 putt putter let me know as well as everyone else.  Loved the TPC.  Played it once.  Even hit island green with first shot.  Was hole captain on hole #2 and was lucky enough to have hole selection as Best Marshalled hole one year.

On 8/1/2022 at 10:54 PM, A J Ziggy said:

Northeast Florida, home of the TPC and God's waiting room.

I I've been connected with golf since the '60s. Rumdale bowls with the best of the McGregor squad when McGregor was a squad. Up until my father passed away 10 years ago I was interwoven with professional golf here in Florida. I can drop names but that's not important, but my father was working for Richard McCumber till the day he died, and when I was 6 years old my uncle dropped me off at a golf course at 6:00 in the morning on his way to the coal mines and pick me up at 8:30 at night in the cart barn while he repaired the carts. Nowadays I'm just an old fart, but it was really tough to beat Jack when he was at his peak. Although Jack didn't seem to win much once tiger showed up, but I don't think tigers winning much more anymore. So perhaps it's time y'all Young whippersnappers taught us old folks how far away from competition we really are today.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings!

• I played sporadically since an early age, but more so in the past 15 years, then more frequently since retirement about 8 years ago. Until about 3 years ago was an unofficial HDCP in the mid 20s, but never satisfied with that.  Took 2 lessons 3 years ago and after remaking my swing from lifelong bad habits started to score and logged a 16 HDCP. Through continuing improvement and understanding swing mechanics now at a lifetime low of 11.1. 

• Like most, I love the challenge, but what I found I like best is being able to understand my mechanics, researching various aspects of playing the game, then translating or putting what I learn into practice. I’ve always been very competitive, but most of my golf is casual, and while playing in a foursome with friends, the only 2 opponents are me and the golf course. 

• My interest in MGS came from reading reviews.  I am looking for new clubs (primarily irons), and find the experiences of others to be very informative. 

• I have homes in FL and Greensboro, GA, but spend most of my time in GA playing Reynolds Lake Oconee.

• It’s all good.  A bit too cold and rainy in Jan -Mar for me, but a great time to work on strength and conditioning.

• Retired from the military/defense industry.

• As for my name, my parents stuck it on me.

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

On 4/5/2022 at 10:23 PM, TampaLuke78 said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? 24 years

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? I’m a 12.9

3. What do you love about golf? What’s not to love. Competition, friendship, the outdoors, travel, testing yourself. 

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I’ve read the reviews and I want to become a more active part of the community. Do you already know any other Spies? Maybe, but I don’t think so  

5. Where are you from? Tampa Florida What is your home course? Feather Sound Golf and Country Club

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The weather to both  

7. What do you do for a living? Corporate Banker

8. How’d you pick your user name? Location/name

F0F12AD5-3E88-40E7-B9E5-BBE748BDF5A3.jpeg

Welcome Luke, I live in Wesley Chapel, just north of Tampa, play at Plantation Palms.  Let me know if you want to come up for a round. Play Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday. My Hcp is 16 am 71 yrs old.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’ve been playing golf since I was in high school, so just over 20 years. I stopped playing for a while and picked it back up during COVID.  Started in the 100s and got the handicap down to around a 15.  Grinding to break 80 for the first time…

2. What do you love about golf? I think that what I love most is that you can always get better. I love practicing and working on my game.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I’ve recently become quite obsessed with golf equipment, seems like a good place to get my fix…

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I moved from Buffalo, NY to Knoxville, TN about two months ago.  No home course yet!

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Still learning!

6. What do you do for a living? I work in Treasury (Finance), specifically foreign exchange trading. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? A nickname - my last name shortened. 

A few photos of a buddies trip to Whistling Straits/Erin Hills last year!

2F9FDC5F-B294-4682-890D-0B6BAC7EF07A.jpeg

C4494AEB-39E8-400E-B914-F379AE4A6792.jpeg

B3692104-5531-49FC-AAF0-5D4F49CF9ABE.jpeg

On 6/12/2022 at 9:11 AM, GolfingCarp said:

Where are you from? What is your home course? 

Durham, NC. I usually play either Falls Village or The Crossings.

Hey neighbor! I'm out at Falls quite a bit; sure wish they'd get around to fixing the bunkers, but still a fun track!

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

On 8/15/2022 at 8:45 PM, GaryF said:

Greetings!

• I played sporadically since an early age, but more so in the past 15 years, then more frequently since retirement about 8 years ago. Until about 3 years ago was an unofficial HDCP in the mid 20s, but never satisfied with that.  Took 2 lessons 3 years ago and after remaking my swing from lifelong bad habits started to score and logged a 16 HDCP. Through continuing improvement and understanding swing mechanics now at a lifetime low of 11.1. 

• Like most, I love the challenge, but what I found I like best is being able to understand my mechanics, researching various aspects of playing the game, then translating or putting what I learn into practice. I’ve always been very competitive, but most of my golf is casual, and while playing in a foursome with friends, the only 2 opponents are me and the golf course. 

• My interest in MGS came from reading reviews.  I am looking for new clubs (primarily irons), and find the experiences of others to be very informative. 

• I have homes in FL and Greensboro, GA, but spend most of my time in GA playing Reynolds Lake Oconee.

• It’s all good.  A bit too cold and rainy in Jan -Mar for me, but a great time to work on strength and conditioning.

• Retired from the military/defense industry.

• As for my name, my parents stuck it on me.

Welcome aboard neighbor. I am just up the road in Watkinsville.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

45 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

Welcome aboard neighbor. I am just up the road in Watkinsville.

Thank you! Most of my Dr’s are in Watkinsville.  Last year had knee surgery who does ortho for UGA football and got me back on the course in 7 weeks, but told me if I played football I would have already played 2 games. Much respect for the Dawgs, you gave us Mel. 

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

• 2 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    I played a bit in HS and college barely breaking 100 at the time. Took 20 years before I could afford to play much regularly after that. I shoot mid-80s to mid-90s and my handicap is currently 15.8, but it's been lower in the last year. Just going through some swing improvements that aren't showing on the scorecard yet.

2. What do you love about golf?
    That shot. Whether it's the 80' putt I hit during a father-son scramble this weekend with my 11yo or sticking a 9 iron from 135 to 6', that's why I come back.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    Been following MGS on Twitter for a while and appreciated the info they put out as I was looking for clubs recently. I had no idea what kind I needed and their data and info was very helpful.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
    Just outside Birmingham, AL. My home course is Grayson Valley.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    On my side of town, there's not a lot of great courses, but there are a ton in the area. Many are private and way out of my price range, but my son gets to play them as part of the PGA Jr. League and BGA. That's the worst part. Watching my kid get to play all these great courses knowing I never will. 😄

6. What do you do for a living?
    I'm an IT Architect.

7. How’d you pick your user name?
    I had to pick one for a BBS in HS, I've used it ever since for the most part. The number is the basketball number I used in 11th and 12th grade.

•  
Edited by jared52

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 

• 28 now and been playing since I was 7. The time put into the game definitely outdoes the scores I am shooting! ha! Typically a great day is a 77 ish and bad days usually around 85. Playing to a 7 at the moment

• I love the challenge and the calm a golf course brings.

• I am a gear head and love to read about all things golf equipment. Newbie!

• Originally from Denver, CO. Home course is South Suburban GC. Shoutout the Burb. Currently living in Tampa where my home track is Rocky Point down the street from me. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• Best is the number of courses around and that golf is year round. Growing up in Denver, golf was a seasonal thing with snow and such. Worst things are the heat, the type of grass, and style of course. I'm used to elevation changes and hills in Colorado, Florida golf is very meh. Fast and firm for me, please.

• I am the head team photographer for the Buccaneers here in Tampa.

• Boring....just parts of my name. 

Edited by kzed18

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS w/ Paderson Kinetixx Charged Gold shaft

3W: Mizuno STZ w/ VA Drago Stiff Shaft

2i: Ping G425 w Ping Tour 85S shaft

3h: Ping G425 w/ KBS Tour Hybrid 85S 

Irons 5-G: PXG 0211 w/ TT Elevate Tour VSS 115

Wedges: 54 & 58 Edel SMS C Grind w/ KBS Hi-Rev 125 Stiff shafts

Putter: '21 SC Phantom X 5.5 w/ SuperStroke 3.0

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone!! This is Bruce from Tampa. Always looking for new playing partners so let me know if interested. putter.

My bag consists of TM Stealth Plus 1 Driver and 3 wood. Ping G425 Hybrids 3 and 4 irons. Titleist T-300 5 thru gap wedge 48 degree. Vokey SM9 52 and 56 wedges. TM Spider EX. Either Titleist AVX/Tour Soft or Srixon Q Star balls

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Been playing on and off for 55 years. Was a 3 hdcp in college now a 12. Normally shoot mid 80's

• Just getting out in nature and relaxing

• Love to daddle with new stuff. Alwyas love opinions and reviews

Born and raised in Tampa. Basically lived at the old 27 hole Rocky point for 10 years as a youth. No home course now but play a league at Westchase
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?                So hot and muggy. But I love u can play all year                             

• Sales supervisor Progressive

• Been coaching fastpitch softball for 23 years. Still coach High school today

Edited by softballcoach
forgot a bunch

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone!  I used to play quite a bit, but haven't been able to play much this year. 

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I'm 36 now and have been playing since I was a kid.  I'm a mid 80's golfer and my index is 9.7.

What do you love about golf?  Getting outside; forgetting about work; enjoying time with other; competition

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I do not know any other spies. I'm here because  I don't have any friends who play golf, so I'm looking to meet some people.

Where are you from? What is your home course?  I am from Roswell, GA.  I don't have a home course, but don't mind paying guest fees.  I'm hoping to join a course within a couple of years (waiting for the kids to get out of daycare).

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The best would be the amount of courses in the area.  The worst would be trying to find early tee times on weekends.

What do you do for a living?  I work in construction.

How’d you pick your user name?  Pretty simple...my initials and a number I've been using since college.

• 4 weeks later...

Back after a long hiatus, life happens. Lost my wife, remarried and at 75 relocated from Bucks County PA to The Villages in Central Florida in April. Playing 2-3 times a week on the executive courses (excourse) and still using the set of Wishon 730CL's that funkyjudge built for me at the end of 2012. I've dallied with several different set ups since then, but no clubs perform better  than the 730CLs for my particular lack of talent. 

Currently using an Odessey Stroke Lab V-line CS putter and Srixon (yellow) soft feel balls. 

Edited by excourse
Putter change

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter

15 minutes ago, excourse said:

Back after a long hiatus, life happens. Lost my wife, remarried and at 75 relocated from Bucks County PA to The Villages in Central Florida in April. Playing 2-3 times a week on the executive courses (excourse) and still using the set of Wishon 730CL's that funkyjudge built for me at the end of 2012. I've dallied with several different set ups since then, but no clubs perform better  than the 730CLs for my particular lack of talent. 

Currently using a Ping C67 G2 putter and Srixon (yellow) soft feel balls. 

Which Village?  I’ve been in TV for 10 years.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

13 minutes ago, excourse said:

I'm south of 44 in St. John's. You?

Pinellas, right next to Palmetto, Sweet Gum & Evans Prairie.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

How long have you been playing golf? I've played since my mid-twenties, so about 25 years.  What’s your handicap or normal score?  My current GHIN is a 9.0

What do you love about golf?  I love the combination of having something competitive and athletic while being able to enjoy nature as well. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I'm not completely new to it, but I love to read honest reviews instead of being spoon-fed the companies advertising.

Where are you from? What is your home course? I am originally from Nebraska and started playing on cheap sand-greens courses with buffalo grass fairways there and in Kansas.  I started playing a lot more when I moved to Wyoming and later Colorado.  Now I live near Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. My home course is Wild Wing: Avocet and Hummingbird

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The best thing is that you can play on green grass the whole year.  The worst thing is the humidity in the summer.  

What do you do for a living?  I am an educator.  

How’d you pick your user name?  It is a combination of the beginnings of my first and last name.

IMG_0931.jpg

Driver, 5W, 4H, 5H, 6I - 9I, PW, AW:  Callaway Rogue ST Max

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58* Satin Low, 54* Black High, 50* Raw Mid

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot OG 7S 

Balls:  Pro-V1 from March - October

Supersoft from November - February

Cart: Sun Mountain Speed Cart circa 2004

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all - looking forward to getting to learn more about equipment and all from this group. 

How long have you been playing golf? Since I was 8, so about 38 years.

What’s your handicap or normal score? I play to a 6-8, been as good as 4. 

What do you love about golf? Every round is different. Positives on shot making, doofus decisions. I also am part of PGA HOPE where we get to teach and train veterans. It is a very well respected program here in the Carolinas. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I do not know any other Spies but I have visited the site a lot over the years to look into potential club and equipment recommendations / reviews.

Where are you from? What is your home course? From CO but now considered a SC native. Live in Mount Pleasant, about 15 mins from downtown Charleston. Home course is tough. Play Rivertowne the most. Myrtle is crazy close so I play a lot of those courses. Also have a great opportunity to play Kiawah courses frequently.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Nothing bad other than sometimes the cost and how many people have moved here within the past couple years

What do you do for a living? I retired from the Navy as a Submarine Officer. Now I work with the Navy and their training pipeline here in SC.

How’d you pick your user name? Just my name, nothing fun.

What’s in the bag:

Driver: PXG Gen 4, 7.5 degree

3 wood: Taylormade, 15 degree

Hybrid: Taylormade, 18 degree

Irons: PXG 0210, 4-PW

Wedges: SCOR; 51, 55, 59 degree

Putter: Odyssey Atlanta, 35”

All with Arccos sensors. Can provide distances if desired. 9i is 150 yds. Also have Mevo as launch monitor.

On 12/3/2022 at 4:09 PM, DerekDryden said:

Hey all - looking forward to getting to learn more about equipment and all from this group. 

How long have you been playing golf? Since I was 8, so about 38 years.

What’s your handicap or normal score? I play to a 6-8, been as good as 4. 

What do you love about golf? Every round is different. Positives on shot making, doofus decisions. I also am part of PGA HOPE where we get to teach and train veterans. It is a very well respected program here in the Carolinas. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I do not know any other Spies but I have visited the site a lot over the years to look into potential club and equipment recommendations / reviews.

Where are you from? What is your home course? From CO but now considered a SC native. Live in Mount Pleasant, about 15 mins from downtown Charleston. Home course is tough. Play Rivertowne the most. Myrtle is crazy close so I play a lot of those courses. Also have a great opportunity to play Kiawah courses frequently.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Nothing bad other than sometimes the cost and how many people have moved here within the past couple years

What do you do for a living? I retired from the Navy as a Submarine Officer. Now I work with the Navy and their training pipeline here in SC.

How’d you pick your user name? Just my name, nothing fun.

Hello and welcome from SW MO.

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

How long have you been playing golf?

Around 15 years.

What’s your handicap or normal score?

I was a +3 before a hand injury. Currently im around a 4

What do you love about golf?

Its a stress relief 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy?

Getting back into playing more golf and getting back into equipment 

Do you already know any other Spies?

possibly 

Where are you from?

Central NC

What is your home course?

I play around at multiple courses but I have Life Time membership at a course in VA that I helped remodel about 10 years ago

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

It's great and I can't really complain.

What do you do for a living?

Previously I was an Assistant Pro but left the industry about 6 years ago for a Law Enforcement career

How’d you pick your user name?

It's been the same onethat I have used since I was in the Army in the early 2000s.

Titleist 917D3

Titleist 915F 4w

Titleist 918 3hyb

Titleist T100 4-PW

Vokey 50,54 and 58

Odyssey White Damascus ix or Seemore.

20 hours ago, armygrunt47 said:

How long have you been playing golf?

Around 15 years.

What’s your handicap or normal score?

I was a +3 before a hand injury. Currently im around a 4

What do you love about golf?

Its a stress relief 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy?

Getting back into playing more golf and getting back into equipment 

Do you already know any other Spies?

possibly 

Where are you from?

Central NC

What is your home course?

I play around at multiple courses but I have Life Time membership at a course in VA that I helped remodel about 10 years ago

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

It's great and I can't really complain.

What do you do for a living?

Previously I was an Assistant Pro but left the industry about 6 years ago for a Law Enforcement career

How’d you pick your user name?

It's been the same onethat I have used since I was in the Army in the early 2000s.

Welcome aboard!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)