Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

So I'm not exactly new but I don't think I've ever done one of these introductions, so I figured now was as good a time as any...

Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Florida

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? - I've been playing off and on since sometime in college.  It wasn't until after college that I got really into it and started playing most weekends throughout the summers when it was more affordable to play (we have a hardcore "season" here in southwest FL when rich people from up north flood down here Oct-April and prices get crazy).  At my best my average score was in the mid 80s but that was before a shoulder surgery in 2017 took me out for 6+ months and I've not played as often or as well ever since, despite the shoulder not being a problem any more.  Average score these days is in the mid to upper 90s unfortunately, haha.

What do you love about golf? - The chance to compete and try your best at something that is quite hard.  I was a big team sport guy growing up and don't have many outlets for that competitive fire as an adult.  Golf lets me compete against me and against the course.  Plus, drinking beers outside with people you enjoy spending time with is a great way to spend part of a day!

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? - As I said in my brief opener, I'm not really knew here but looking to get more involved, we'll see if I can stick to it, haha.  I've appreciated MGS since I first found them on Twitter many years ago for the honest and transparent reviews of golf equipment.

Where are you from? What is your home course? - I'm from right here in southwest Florida, born and raised, second generation (which is rare down here, haha).  Currently I call Estero, FL home and have since 2007 when I bought my house there.  I don't really have a home course, there are so many good ones around here.  I'll play anywhere I can get on as long as it doesn't break the bank.  Old Corkscrew is one of the nicer ones that's close to home but it is a tough one!

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - I'll try to keep this section as brief as a I can because I could go on and on, haha.  Best things are the ability to play year round and the quantity of courses available, many of them kept in great shape.  Worst thing is the aforementioned season when it becomes really hard to get on a course for less than $100/round and the nicer courses well over $200/round and above.  The other thing that comes with season golf, and really, year round golf here is lack of time between tee times and overcrowded course and 4.5 hr rounds practically every time out despite many courses not allowing walking.  I think walking a round of golf would be great but it's just not done down here as that would require spacing out tee times further than the course will allow as they try their best to get as many people out as possible to make the course a viable option business-wise.  There are likely some private courses (there are many, some extremely exclusive) that allow walking but that's because they rely on membership to cover operating costs and do not need revenue from the actual golfing.

What do you do for a living? - I am a commercial construction project manager

How’d you pick your user name? - Relatively simple, Hammer is a nick-name (born from the fact I was on a bowling team using a ball from the brand Hammer and I through the ball very fast so people just started calling me hammer.  Since I'm in construction I liked it and it has stuck) Hunt is my last name and 64 was my number back in the high school football glory days.

Glad to be here and happy to introduce myself fully finally!

Happy golfing everyone!

2 hours ago, Hammer_Hunt64 said:

So I'm not exactly new but I don't think I've ever done one of these introductions, so I figured now was as good a time as any...

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? - I've been playing off and on since sometime in college.  It wasn't until after college that I got really into it and started playing most weekends throughout the summers when it was more affordable to play (we have a hardcore "season" here in southwest FL when rich people from up north flood down here Oct-April and prices get crazy).  At my best my average score was in the mid 80s but that was before a shoulder surgery in 2017 took me out for 6+ months and I've not played as often or as well ever since, despite the shoulder not being a problem any more.  Average score these days is in the mid to upper 90s unfortunately, haha.

What do you love about golf? - The chance to compete and try your best at something that is quite hard.  I was a big team sport guy growing up and don't have many outlets for that competitive fire as an adult.  Golf lets me compete against me and against the course.  Plus, drinking beers outside with people you enjoy spending time with is a great way to spend part of a day!

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? - As I said in my brief opener, I'm not really knew here but looking to get more involved, we'll see if I can stick to it, haha.  I've appreciated MGS since I first found them on Twitter many years ago for the honest and transparent reviews of golf equipment.

Where are you from? What is your home course? - I'm from right here in southwest Florida, born and raised, second generation (which is rare down here, haha).  Currently I call Estero, FL home and have since 2007 when I bought my house there.  I don't really have a home course, there are so many good ones around here.  I'll play anywhere I can get on as long as it doesn't break the bank.  Old Corkscrew is one of the nicer ones that's close to home but it is a tough one!

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - I'll try to keep this section as brief as a I can because I could go on and on, haha.  Best things are the ability to play year round and the quantity of courses available, many of them kept in great shape.  Worst thing is the aforementioned season when it becomes really hard to get on a course for less than $100/round and the nicer courses well over $200/round and above.  The other thing that comes with season golf, and really, year round golf here is lack of time between tee times and overcrowded course and 4.5 hr rounds practically every time out despite many courses not allowing walking.  I think walking a round of golf would be great but it's just not done down here as that would require spacing out tee times further than the course will allow as they try their best to get as many people out as possible to make the course a viable option business-wise.  There are likely some private courses (there are many, some extremely exclusive) that allow walking but that's because they rely on membership to cover operating costs and do not need revenue from the actual golfing.

How’d you pick your user name? - Relatively simple, Hammer is a nick-name (born from the fact I was on a bowling team using a ball from the brand Hammer and I through the ball very fast so people just started calling me hammer.  Since I'm in construction I liked it and it has stuck) Hunt is my last name and 64 was my number back in the high school football glory days.

Happy golfing everyone!

Welcome @Hammer_Hunt64!  Agreed SW Florida is a great place for golf but can imagine the influx of "snowbirds" during the winter!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Play with my dad when I was a kid but unfortunately he passed away when I was in high school and then playing baseball in college I just lost time to play. Picked it back up a few years ago and now playing weekly and loving it. Probably a true 8-10 Handicap

What do you love about golf? Reminds me of the good times I use to have with my dad playing. Also a live long competitor it is fun to have something I know will constantly challenge my ability and give me reason to improve.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Been a long time reader and decided to take the plunge into the forum.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Dandridge Tennessee. Play at quite a few of the local course depending on work so do not have a home course per say.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? You can golf pretty much year round which is nice but the grasses used around here seem to take a little longer in to spring to start coming back in.

What do you do for a living? Run a commercial laundry facility

How’d you pick your user name? abbreviated name and my baseball number. 

Taylormade Stealth Plus 8

Callaway Mavrik SZ 3 wood

P790 2 UDI 4-PW

Vokey SM 8 48, 52, 56

Nike Method Converge B1-01

On 4/19/2023 at 11:55 AM, Hammer_Hunt64 said:

Happy golfing everyone!

The best golf site by far.  Hope you enjoy it.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Almost 20 years - never have been very good though! 14 HC now, but the goal is single digits this year!

What do you love about golf? You are outside drinking tasty beverages and its still considered "exercise".

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Best review site on the web.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Huntsville, AL - Huntsville Country Club

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Some beautiful courses, but it rains too much.

What do you do for a living? Test pilot in the military.

How’d you pick your user name? First, Middle, Last

:titleist-small: TSI3 9°

:taylormade-small: M4 3W 15°

:srixon-small: Zx 5W 18°

:PXG: Gen 3 P 4-AW

:cleveland-small: CBW SW 56°

Harry Taylor LW 60° 

:PXG: Gunboat

My goal every round is bogey golf.  I have shot a 73 a couple of times, but rounds in the 70’s are gems that I enjoy. 

I love to get to spend time with my dad. He got me into golf and I play 75-85% of my rounds with him, he’s 76 and routinely beats his age.

I played all sports as a young man, now golf is the only one left for me.

I live in Lexington, Kentucky, my home course is University Club. I play which ever of the two courses there.  

The wind and rain here can be frustrating, the ability to play golf most all year is nice.  

I work in an automotive manufacturing plant.

WITB

Srixon Z585 10.5°, Callaway Rogue ST 3 Wood, Callaway XR Steelhead 3 Hybrid, Adams A2OS 4-P, Custom 48°, Vokey SM8 52°, Hagen Haig Ultra 56°, Evnroll ER5v Blackout Putter

Just joined, followed on Twitter forever.  I took 7 years off (played competitively for a while).  Just picked up the new Mizuno Pro 225's, absolutely love them.  Currently in Upstate, SC, hope you meet some cool people and find out what's new.

clubs 1.jpg

Driver:  Taylore Made Burner 2

5 wood:  Cobra RadSpeed

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 225, Project X Shaft

Wedges:  Mizuno

Putter:  Odyssey

29 minutes ago, OhBrother said:

Just joined, followed on Twitter forever.  I took 7 years off (played competitively for a while).  Just picked up the new Mizuno Pro 225's, absolutely love them.  Currently in Upstate, SC, hope you meet some cool people and find out what's new.

clubs 1.jpg

Welcome to the best golf community on the web! Can't go wrong with Mizuno irons, love the custom paintfill on them!

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter: L.A.B. DF3 34"/67°
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

Mizuno lifer.  Played the MP33's forever then switched to MP 30's when I didn't play as much.  These 225's are crazy pure and forgiving!

Driver:  Taylore Made Burner 2

5 wood:  Cobra RadSpeed

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 225, Project X Shaft

Wedges:  Mizuno

Putter:  Odyssey

25 minutes ago, OhBrother said:

Mizuno lifer.  Played the MP33's forever then switched to MP 30's when I didn't play as much.  These 225's are crazy pure and forgiving!

I have pretty much always played Mizuno irons until my recent set just to try something out. I've had MP32, MP59, JPX 919 Tour, JPX 921 Forged and Tour, and almost ordered the Mizuno Pro 223's but went Srixon instead. 

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing Golf since last July, I had a coworker invite me out and was hooked pretty soon after starting. My current handicap is 40.5 but actively taking lessons and working to get that number down.
  2. What do you love about golf? For the most part people with very different skill levels or handicaps can play together and still have a good time. I also enjoy honing my skills at the range or hitting bay and seeing the carryover to my game.
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I saw L.A.B. Putters post about testing opportunities here and that sparked the initial interest. Since becoming a member of the forum I have enjoyed the vast amount of information on gear that is available from testers and general members alike. 
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I currently live in St Petersburg Florida, the "Sunshine City" and typically play Bay Palms Golf Complex as my home course. I would play Mangrove Bay more often but it can be difficult to get a tee time.
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? One of the best things is being able to play all year round near the ocean and having so many courses available to play. I don't know that I can think of a worst thing about playing golf here... outside of maybe the popularity so the courses stay pretty busy, but with so many courses to choose from in the area you can usually find a tee time if you really want to play.
  6. What do you do for a living? I work in the logistics field for the government.
  7. How’d you pick your user name? Not much went into my username... my name is Matt.

:callaway-small: Paradym X Driver 12* Project X HZRDUS GEN 4 Silver 50 

:callaway-small: Paradym X 3W HL 16.5* Project X HZRDUS GEN 4 Silver 60 Graphite

:callaway-small: Paradym X 4 Hybrid 21* Project X HZRDUS GEN 4 Silver 65 

:mizuno-small: Mx17 3i - PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S 300

NEXTT CX3 60* Steel Shaft

Basic :wilson-small: Blade style putter 

🪩 Vice Tour

Been playing around 10 years
From Oakridge, TN
An average score is mid 80's
My home course is Tennessee Centennial
Occupation is concrete cutting and drilling
Current WITB Taylormade Sim 2 driver, sim max 3&4 hybrids, 2014 mc irons, mill grind wedges and enroll er2 putter

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Hi all I’m juan aka the golfer dude.  I live in lexington, Kentucky and been playing golf for 40 years.  My club are recently acquired ping eye2+ beryllium copper irons 1-L matching serial numbers.  I had amt white s300 shafts put in them by ping.  I have a taylormade R1 driver and R15 3 wood.  My putter of choose is a cure rx2 and ping b60.  I’m currently working on starting a re-gripping and club repair business in my garage as a little side hustle.  Looking to build a golf simulator also, maybe I’ll find some inspiration in these forums for that.

662C2BF5-3ED9-462D-993C-149B7ADCBB2D.jpeg

6B3D4A38-CFA3-4AE7-BAEC-6677D4D8B6C2.jpeg

9192F40C-22A1-43D3-92FA-0FB70A57BEC9.jpeg

Golf one of the greatest games been playing for most of my life.

Hi Everyone!

My name is John and I am new to MyGolfSpy and golf forums in general. I am based out of Orlando Florida and have been playing professionally for a couple of years trying to make my dream of playing on the PGA Tour become a reality. I have my own golf instruction business, JFKgolf, that I devote a lot of time to which subsidizes a lot of the expenses of trying to make the tour.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? - I have been playing golf since I was a kid but been doing it competitively since I graduated college (~3 years). I am a +4 handicap at the moment. 

What do you love about golf? - The connections you make on the golf course. Throughout my years of playing whether it is casual or competitive I have met so many different people and over the course of 18 holes you can really get to know someone well. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? - I signed up to be a tester of a couple of products and figured I'd register and check out some of the forums while I am here. Figured it would be a good way to get to know more like-minded & passionate people. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? - I live in Orlando now but am originally from Massachusetts. My current home course is Reunion Resort.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - The inconsistent rain, especially during the summer here in Florida can be a bummer. However, it is worth it to be able to play golf year round with the majority of the time having very nice weather. 

What do you do for a living? - Professional Golfer & Coach

How’d you pick your user name? - It is the name of my instruction business.

Thanks,

John Keenan Jr. 

www.jfkgolf.biz

4 hours ago, JFKgolf said:

Hi Everyone!

My name is John and I am new to MyGolfSpy and golf forums in general. I am based out of Orlando Florida and have been playing professionally for a couple of years trying to make my dream of playing on the PGA Tour become a reality. I have my own golf instruction business, JFKgolf, that I devote a lot of time to which subsidizes a lot of the expenses of trying to make the tour.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? - I have been playing golf since I was a kid but been doing it competitively since I graduated college (~3 years). I am a +4 handicap at the moment. 

What do you love about golf? - The connections you make on the golf course. Throughout my years of playing whether it is casual or competitive I have met so many different people and over the course of 18 holes you can really get to know someone well. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? - I signed up to be a tester of a couple of products and figured I'd register and check out some of the forums while I am here. Figured it would be a good way to get to know more like-minded & passionate people. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? - I live in Orlando now but am originally from Massachusetts. My current home course is Reunion Resort.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - The inconsistent rain, especially during the summer here in Florida can be a bummer. However, it is worth it to be able to play golf year round with the majority of the time having very nice weather. 

Glad you joined us!  Good luck with your dream and I hope it works out well.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

7 hours ago, JFKgolf said:

Hi Everyone!

Welcome, I am on the other side of Florida from you. I may have to make a trip out to Orlando area to play some of your courses though.

:callaway-small: Paradym X Driver 12* Project X HZRDUS GEN 4 Silver 50 

:callaway-small: Paradym X 3W HL 16.5* Project X HZRDUS GEN 4 Silver 60 Graphite

:callaway-small: Paradym X 4 Hybrid 21* Project X HZRDUS GEN 4 Silver 65 

:mizuno-small: Mx17 3i - PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S 300

NEXTT CX3 60* Steel Shaft

Basic :wilson-small: Blade style putter 

🪩 Vice Tour

Been on the site/forums for a few weeks and I am constantly finding new stuff, so here it goes:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing golf for 53 years.  Received my first set of starter clubs at 9.  First round was with my grandfather at a course in South Bend, IN named Bowlers golf club.  I don’t have a USGA handicap but normal score is in the 80-85 range.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the smell of the freshly cut grass, that I didn’t have to mow.  I love the difficulty of the game, but you can struggle for 17 holes and hit that one shot where there is no feel in your hands that is just perfect to bring you back.

3.  What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Honestly, it was a test notification on my Facebook news feed that brought me here.  Have enjoyed the site ever since.  Don’t know any other Spues yet

4. Where are you from? From Lansing, MI but living in Jacksonville FL.  What is your home course?  I don’t have a home course yet, just moved here and may move again.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Plenty of courses, more expensive than Michigan.  Worst, some are in bad shape.

6. What do you do for a living? Controller, work at the football stadium.

7. How’d you pick your user name? First name and couldn’t think of a good user name.

A gimme can be best defined as an agreement between two golfers, neither of whom can putt very well.

How long have you been playing golf? Off and on since middle school, got heavy back into the game right before Covid hit. Guessing 12 years in total

What’s your handicap or normal score? No handicap. Have shot anywhere from 74 to 95 this year. Best all time was in high school with a 4 under 68.

What do you love about golf? I use golf as a release of competitive spirit and anger management. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I have always been a gearhead in golf. Found them on Twitter.

Do you already know any other Spies? No...

Where are you from? What is your home course? Clayton, NC. No home course at the moment.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is usually weather, never gets too cold for a round in the winter (at least for me). Worst is the humidity during the Summer months and the red clay that's all over the place.

What do you do for a living? Middle School Science and Social Studies Teacher

How’d you pick your user name? Old high school soccer nickname

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max D, 9.0 Degrees

Fairway Wood: Adams Speedline, 15 Degrees

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP-H5 2-Iron 18 Degrees

Irons: Cobra LTDx, 5-GW

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 (50, 54 bent to 55, 60)

Putter: LeanLock APA Model Blade/Yes Marilyn C-Groove

Currently Reviewing: Byrdie Golf Design

Past Reviews: Titleist White Box and Lean Lock Putter

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I began playing golf on and off the past couple of years. My handicap is approximately 30.

2. What do you love about golf? Admittedly, I am the self proclaimed “World’s Worst Golfer”, but I make up for my lack of skill with my love of the game! Nothing beats being out on the course with some friends and a cold drink or two just competing trying to post a better round than last time.

3.  What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I am passionate about the game and always want to improve so what better way than MGS?

4. Where are you from? Currently reside in Birmingham, AL

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? World class RTJ golf trail is close/ convenient, but the public courses are few and far between with most lacking quality.

6. What do you do for a living? I work in banking/finance.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Goofy and ironic nickname with a pop culture reference .

Driver:callaway-logo-1: Callaway XR Pro

Woods:callaway-logo-1: Callaway XR Pro

Irons:callaway-logo-1: Callaway XR Pro

Putter:odyssey-small: Odyssey O-Works Red Jailbird Mini S

BallWhatever it is won’t last long 🫣

1 hour ago, EZ BAKE said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I began playing golf on and off the past couple of years. My handicap is approximately 30.

2. What do you love about golf? Admittedly, I am the self proclaimed “World’s Worst Golfer”, but I make up for my lack of skill with my love of the game! Nothing beats being out on the course with some friends and a cold drink or two just competing trying to post a better round than last time.

3.  What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I am passionate about the game and always want to improve so what better way than MGS?

4. Where are you from? Currently reside in Birmingham, AL

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? World class RTJ golf trail is close/ convenient, but the public courses are few and far between with most lacking quality.

6. What do you do for a living? I work in banking/finance.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Goofy and ironic nickname with a pop culture reference .

Welcome to the forum! I'll be in Birmingham in a month or so to watch the USFL team play. A buddy of mine is on the team and has us some free tickets so we're definitely coming out to see the defending champs!

43 minutes ago, Josh Ross said:

Welcome to the forum! I'll be in Birmingham in a month or so to watch the USFL team play. A buddy of mine is on the team and has us some free tickets so we're definitely coming out to see the defending champs!

Thank you and glad to be here…

The new Protect Stadium is a nice venue, so I’m sure you will enjoy!

Driver:callaway-logo-1: Callaway XR Pro

Woods:callaway-logo-1: Callaway XR Pro

Irons:callaway-logo-1: Callaway XR Pro

Putter:odyssey-small: Odyssey O-Works Red Jailbird Mini S

BallWhatever it is won’t last long 🫣

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I just started back up playing in April. I played some in high school and a little bit in college. I finally decided to bite the bullet and get a lesson and get back into after chasing my career and two kids ages 6, 3. I really caught the bug even though I can't chip or putt or drive really. I am a decent irons player so far. I joined our work league and have played three rounds one of which was a best ball, they did use 3 of my balls so that wasn't bad. The other two rounds I shot max about every hole. 

What do you love about golf? I love a hobby you can get really deep into with research, hobbying, videos, etc. So far golf has scratched that itch for me with tons to learn, read and watch. On the course I enjoy just challenging myself to improve seeing mistakes and areas to get better. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Going back to the last question just wanting to learn more about the hobby and find a place to discuss it. I don't know anyone here personally. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in Augusta, GA, which from what I can tell is not as golfy as you would think, and currently don't have a home course. I work in SC and our golf league plays at Pine Ridge in Edgefield, SC. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The odd thing for me is when you tell anyone you are from Augusta they think you are a golf nut but having been here several years now I would say golf is not as big as other areas, besides tournament week obviously. Augusta and a lot of Georgia in general is very transient. Tons of military here that come in and go. Lots of different college teams on the back of cars. I even saw a Hawaii license plate in town last week. Not a lot of golf gear finds around here from what I can find just getting back in. Goodwill only had a couple of clubs, no real used store besides one mom an pop and only an Edwin Williams from the chain perspective. 

What do you do for a living? Supply Chain Purchasing in Manufacturing. 

How’d you pick your user name? I always use this obscure Star Wars character as a name but I am bad at picking those king of things. 

New golfer, left handed, slowly replacing old starter set from when I was in high school.

⛳🛄  as of 5/16/2023 
Driver: Tour Spec Pro Par Oversize White Dot

Wood: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback 3-4 Fairway

Tour Spec Pro Par Oversize White Dot 5 Wood

Hybrid:  :callaway-small:Steelhead XR 4H 22*

Irons: 3i-8i Tour Spec Pro Par Oversize White Dot

:cobra-small: 9i King F6 R-Flex Steel

PW: Tour Spec Pro Par Oversize White Dot

54*: :vokey-small: SM6 M Grind

Putter: :cleveland-small: TFi 1.0 2135 Satin Blade

Balls: Whatever I find in the rough right now

Bag:  🐏Stand Bag I found thrown out (missing carry strap)

2 hours ago, Boshek said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I just started back up playing in April. I played some in high school and a little bit in college. I finally decided to bite the bullet and get a lesson and get back into after chasing my career and two kids ages 6, 3. I really caught the bug even though I can't chip or putt or drive really. I am a decent irons player so far. I joined our work league and have played three rounds one of which was a best ball, they did use 3 of my balls so that wasn't bad. The other two rounds I shot max about every hole. 

What do you love about golf? I love a hobby you can get really deep into with research, hobbying, videos, etc. So far golf has scratched that itch for me with tons to learn, read and watch. On the course I enjoy just challenging myself to improve seeing mistakes and areas to get better. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Going back to the last question just wanting to learn more about the hobby and find a place to discuss it. I don't know anyone here personally. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in Augusta, GA, which from what I can tell is not as golfy as you would think, and currently don't have a home course. I work in SC and our golf league plays at Pine Ridge in Edgefield, SC. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The odd thing for me is when you tell anyone you are from Augusta they think you are a golf nut but having been here several years now I would say golf is not as big as other areas, besides tournament week obviously. Augusta and a lot of Georgia in general is very transient. Tons of military here that come in and go. Lots of different college teams on the back of cars. I even saw a Hawaii license plate in town last week. Not a lot of golf gear finds around here from what I can find just getting back in. Goodwill only had a couple of clubs, no real used store besides one mom an pop and only an Edwin Williams from the chain perspective. 

What do you do for a living? Supply Chain Purchasing in Manufacturing. 

How’d you pick your user name? I always use this obscure Star Wars character as a name but I am bad at picking those king of things. 

Welcome! I'm in Augusta a good bit, one of my best friends lives there and I visit a lot. Some people forget the city is also home to Augusta University (formerly Augusta State) that won back to back National Championships. We usually play Bartram Trail in Evans or Forest Hills there in Augusta when we play. Still trying to get out at Champions Retreat where another friend of mine used to caddie.

14 minutes ago, Josh Ross said:

Welcome! I'm in Augusta a good bit, one of my best friends lives there and I visit a lot. Some people forget the city is also home to Augusta University (formerly Augusta State) that won back to back National Championships. We usually play Bartram Trail in Evans or Forest Hills there in Augusta when we play. Still trying to get out at Champions Retreat where another friend of mine used to caddie.

Yes Augusta University has really grown and put out some good golfers. Coach got hired at SMU after their success. Those are two of the better public courses I hear. Haven't had a chance to check them out yet. 

New golfer, left handed, slowly replacing old starter set from when I was in high school.

⛳🛄  as of 5/16/2023 
Driver: Tour Spec Pro Par Oversize White Dot

Wood: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback 3-4 Fairway

Tour Spec Pro Par Oversize White Dot 5 Wood

Hybrid:  :callaway-small:Steelhead XR 4H 22*

Irons: 3i-8i Tour Spec Pro Par Oversize White Dot

:cobra-small: 9i King F6 R-Flex Steel

PW: Tour Spec Pro Par Oversize White Dot

54*: :vokey-small: SM6 M Grind

Putter: :cleveland-small: TFi 1.0 2135 Satin Blade

Balls: Whatever I find in the rough right now

Bag:  🐏Stand Bag I found thrown out (missing carry strap)

Hey Y'all!

My name is Ryan, I've been playing golf since I was 3 years old. My current handicap is 4. I love everything about Golf. My grandfather was who first got me into golf. He emigrated from Scotland at the age of 7. I've spent my life in and around the game. The competition, the outdoors, the equipment, the culture...It brings me joy. I came to MyGolfSpy originally for reviews and information about products. I'm a huge researcher and love statistics and data. The more data I have the more I can make a calculated decision. I do not know any other spies that i'm aware of... but love meeting knew people so don't be a stranger! I currently reside in the Nashville, TN area and consider Hermitage Golf Course my current home course. While there are some great courses in the area, there is not a big golf community or following. The closest thing to competitive tournaments we get is the Barstool classic and then St. Jude in Memphis. Nashville has the ability to really emerge just as Dallas and Houston have in the last decade if the right people and the right organizations take those steps. I not only make golf a part of my personal life, but a part of my professional career. I am a Brain-based Chiropractic Physician(DC) with CSCS, CCSP and TPI certifications(in progress). I specialize in spinal correction, functional movement/biomechanics and optimal performance both in life and in golf. I pursued this career after a golf-injury found me under care as I was pursuing entry into Q-school competing both at the high-school and collegiate level. I chose my username because it combines both my passions together. ADIO stands for Above.Down.Inside.Out. ~Our entire body is controlled via our nervous system. From the brain: above, down: the spinal cord, in: to each spinal nerve, then out every single cell, muscle, tissue and organ in the entire body creating life~ Then golf because Golf is life. I look forward to interacting with each and every one of you and am excited to share information that may help you grow and serve you well. 

What's in my :1590477705_SunMountain: C-130S Camo:

|> Driver - :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5° w. Diamana TB Series 60 S

|> 3 Wood -  :titleist-small: TSR2 15° w. Fujikura Motore F1 X 7S

|> 5 Wood - :titleist-small: TSR2 18° w. Fujikura Motore F1 X 7S 

|> Irons - :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII (4i-5i) + ZX7 MKII (6i-PW) w. KBS $-Taper 120

|> Wedges - :vokey-small:(50.08F,54.12D,58.10S) w. KBS $-Taper 120

|> Putter - :bettinardi-small:BB1-LN w. KBS GPS Tour Shaft

|> Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

|> Glove - :mizuno-small: Elite

|> Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4

|> Shoes - :footjoy-small: Hyperflex Carbon

*If you need a fitting, visit Club Champion and use code HEWI1018 at checkout for 50% off

Welcome aboard @adiogolf

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Hi my name is Frank and I live in Muscle Shoals Alabama [ where they been known to pic a song or 2 , if you know music] . Started playing golf at about 19 or 20 while I was in the Navy / Submarine service and stationed in New England in the early 1980's. I was your basic bogey casual golfer but 3 surgeries last year made me hang up the work boots and I lost lots DISTANCE in my golf game, good news is I plan on being more than a casual golfer now and I am at the course or range a couple of times a week. I have had to totally redo my gear to matchup with me new slower swing speed and physical limitations and its been a learning experience, I have bought wrong and ended up trading in and trying something else more than once. Living in rural North Alabama where a poorly stocked Dicks Sporting Goods is the local source of golf supplies I have traveled to try out clubs and I am getting close, heres what I have in the bag.

Driver Ping 430 Max H/L Alta Quick 45G shaft cut 1 inch and grip change, sliding weight changed to replicate original swing weight

FW Ping 425 Max 7 wood Alta 65R shaft 

Hybrid Ping 425 5H Alta 70SR shaft

Utility Iron TaylorMade DHY 4 Fujikura Speeder NX A flex shaft [ on order with TM} Thanks TM for the 15% for Vets.

Irons 5-Gap 2021 T300 Titlist Mitsubishi Tensei AM2 A flex shafts

Wedge Cleveland CBX Zipcore 58 [ will have to change / add wedges ]

Putter Cleveland Frontline Elite Elevado 34 inch All In shaft

Ball Bridgestone deciding between BRX and BRXS , If speed keeps coming up will try BX

Bag Titlist 15 Cart bag

Just switched putter from Odyssey OG doublewide Stroke Lab to the Mallet , pretty happy where I am at. Loving the Bridgestone Balls , BIG SHOUT OUT to the MGS 2021 robot ball testing , it never dawned on me that the longest ball of the driver would be way shorter off of the irons and yes thats what I am seeing on the course. To inconsistent with the hybrid, thats why the TM DHY is on order. 7 wood can be beat out but it wont be easy. Do not think I will ever find a driver that makes me happy . Irons are much better than I have ever tried but still adjusting to them. Not sure what Im going to do about wedges yet I may just get a 54 or 56 that can be used in sand or around the green, I am pretty comfortable with partial shots. 

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

6 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Welcome aboard @adiogolf

Thank-you! Happy to be here 🙂

What's in my :1590477705_SunMountain: C-130S Camo:

|> Driver - :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5° w. Diamana TB Series 60 S

|> 3 Wood -  :titleist-small: TSR2 15° w. Fujikura Motore F1 X 7S

|> 5 Wood - :titleist-small: TSR2 18° w. Fujikura Motore F1 X 7S 

|> Irons - :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII (4i-5i) + ZX7 MKII (6i-PW) w. KBS $-Taper 120

|> Wedges - :vokey-small:(50.08F,54.12D,58.10S) w. KBS $-Taper 120

|> Putter - :bettinardi-small:BB1-LN w. KBS GPS Tour Shaft

|> Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

|> Glove - :mizuno-small: Elite

|> Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4

|> Shoes - :footjoy-small: Hyperflex Carbon

*If you need a fitting, visit Club Champion and use code HEWI1018 at checkout for 50% off

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Off and on my whole life. Played a few times a year with the old man growing up. Now that i'm out of college and have a job, it's become the main hobby. I'm a 12 trending the wrong direction. Used to be a consistent low 80s guy, but lately can't even manage that. 

What do you love about golf? It's a new challenge every round with infinite room for improvement.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Saw the social media accounts and decided i'd join in on the fun in the forums.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Savannah, GA - Savannah Country Club

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Wish there was better affordable public golf.

What do you do for a living? Insurance

How’d you pick your user name? F1 fan and saw my profile picture and thought it was funny

Lefty Gang

Cally Mavrik 10.5 - Rogue White 60 TX

Cobra Radspeed 5w at 16* - Motore F1 7x

Srixon ZU85 3i - Tensei Blue 80tx

Srixon Z785 4-PW - DG X100

Cally Jaws MD5 Raw 52*

MD3 56* & 60

Scotty Phantom X5.5