Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

How long have you been playing golf? Since I graduated college in 1988 but seriously only for the last 12-15 years.

What’s your handicap or normal score? Current handicap is 8.3 and I am happy to be trending in the right direction. On a good day I will shoot 75 and on a bad day in the mid eighties.

What do you love about golf? I love continually trying to improve my game.  I am fortunatele to be able to play about 130 rounds a year now and the guys I usually play with are very low handicappers so I am always striving to improve.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I love data so have read Mark Brodie's book "Every Shot Counts" and I am a huge proponent of Arccos so I can gather strokes gained information and hone the various aspects of my game.

Do you already know any other Spies? Not outside of the forum.

Where are you from? Currently living about 30 minutes north of Charlotte, NC 

What is your home course? River Run Country Club at Davidson.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best things are that (1) it’s year round golf even though it gets into the 30s in the winter and 100s in the summer, and (2) I enjoy the people I play with each week. I will play in any weather condition except a driving rain.   Worst thing about golf is that sometimes there is a driving rain. 

What do you do for a living? Retired from running a sales organization in the information technology field.

How’d you pick your user name? It has been my nickname for 20 years and given to me bny a close friend.

WITB?

Bettinardi Queen B #15 putter

Titleist Vokey SM9 wedges

Titleist AP1 irons

Callaway Paradygm 3, 7, and 9 wood

Callaway AI Smooke Max driver with Tour AD shaft

Vessel Player III golf bag

WITB?

Vessel Player III golf bag

:callaway-logo-1: Callaway AI Smoke MAX driver with a Tour AD shaft

:callaway-logo-1: Callaway Paradym 3, 7 and 9 woods

:titleist-small:  :kbs: Titleist AP1 irons

:titleist-small: Titleist Vokey SM9 wedges

:bettinardi-1: Bettinardi Queen B #15 putter

:Arccos:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Regularly for about 10 years.      12.8 and 86ish

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Knowledge

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Louisville, KY    Woodhaven CC

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Winter is the worst

What do you do for a living?

Internal Auditor

How’d you pick your user name?

It's what I have used for 20 years everywhere.

Seth Coleman 

Driver: :titleist-small:TSR2 9* Graphite Design Tour AD UB 6S

Fairway: :titleist-small: TSR3 13.5* Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S

Driving Iron: Haywood Golf 18* Hzrdus Black 6.0

Irons:  :mizuno-small:MP-20 MMC 4-PW Nippon Modus 120 S

Wedges:  :mizuno-small:S-23 Denim Copper 50°, 54° & 58° Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1:Studio Design 2.5

Bag:   :mizuno-small: BR-DX

Balls:  :maxfli: Tour X

Cart:  :Clicgear: Rovic with eWheels

On 2/10/2024 at 3:41 PM, THE GOLF GUY said:

Hi my name is Guy and interested in this “Southeast region “ forum!

I have been playing golf off and on for about 30 years (Age 63) but I retired a few years ago and am now playing my best golf . I just renewed my GHIN recently and it’s at 10.9 but it is probably going to be a few strokes lower when all my recent scores are adjusted next . At the moment I have been shooting anywhere from 73 -82 and slowly improving as well.

I love golf because you can never master it and also it mimics and relates to life more than we realize .

I signed up last year but really haven’t gotten involved like I wanted until just recently and I hope to maybe learn , chat and possibly make some friends in the process maybe.I stumbled upon it by chance really . I was searching for some information about a particular subject and this site showed up and I was really interested in the unbiased facts about clubs and so forth .

I currently live in Social Circle, Georgia. My home course is Providence in Monroe , Georgia and I also work as a starter on Thursday there .

One of the best things about Georgia is that you can play golf year round for the most part . The middle of the summer can be brutally hot and taxing on you if you aren’t used to it or prepared for it .

I am retired from Norfolk Southern Railway as a locomotive engineer with 34 years of service . 

Well my name is Guy and I love golf (most of the time 😂)

Hello Guy,

I live not too far from you in Watkinsville. Welcome to the Forum.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I just realized I'd never intro'd myself ..... my bad.

My handicap hovers around 20.  I can get a good round into the high 80's and I've had some recent doozy's that topped 100, but typically I stay in the 90's.

What do you love about golf?
Seriously, everything. I like that it's really a one man game, even when in a scramble or on a team. I like being outdoors.  I like hitting pure shots.  I like the companionship and camaraderie.  I like the physical exercise, the ability to stay pretty good at an athletic sport.

I know of none, but was tipped off to this site by an old friend.  His son was on staff at one time.

We live in West Central Florida, if you look up the Weeki Wachee mermaids our house is about five or six miles from there.  I play regularly at Hernando Oaks, because that's my grandson's high school golf teams home course.

Best: choices, choices, choices.  So many courses and different courses, from easier ones to championship courses.  Worst: everybody and his brother comes to Florida to play golf.  There are times when getting a tee time is tough and the course is pretty crowded.

Retired.  Started a career in health care in 1981, moved from Food Service Management into IS/IT and then an administrative role.  For the last 22 years I was a principal owner of a company that specialized in senior living / senior care.

It was given to me, in 1976, when I arrived at my first active duty station in the Air Force.

BigMacQue
Titleist Driver and Hybrid
Titleist T400 Irons, 5-GW
Vokey Wedges, 50 and 56
Cleveland Launcher 3 Wood and Cleveland 10.5C HB Soft Putter
Titleist Tour Soft

I just realized I'd never intro'd myself ..... my bad.

My handicap hovers around 20.  I can get a good round into the high 80's and I've had some recent doozy's that topped 100, but typically I stay in the 90's.
Seriously, everything. I like that it's really a one man game, even when in a scramble or on a team. I like being outdoors.  I like hitting pure shots.  I like the companionship and camaraderie.  I like the physical exercise, the ability to stay pretty good at an athletic sport.
I know of none, but was tipped off to this site by an old friend.  His son was on staff at one time.
We live in West Central Florida, if you look up the Weeki Wachee mermaids our house is about five or six miles from there.  I play regularly at Hernando Oaks, because that's my grandson's high school golf teams home course.
Best: choices, choices, choices.  So many courses and different courses, from easier ones to championship courses.  Worst: everybody and his brother comes to Florida to play golf.  There are times when getting a tee time is tough and the course is pretty crowded.
Retired.  Started a career in health care in 1981, moved from Food Service Management into IS/IT and then an administrative role.  For the last 22 years I was a principal owner of a company that specialized in senior living / senior care.
It was given to me, in 1976, when I arrived at my first active duty station in the Air Force.

Welcome and enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Started playing september 2022. Unofficial handicap is 22, but have been working hard to bring it down! Broke 90 1 time so far!

It's a stress reliever for me. Working in LE has its challenges and frustrations. Golf allows me to NOT focus on anything else except for that darn little ball!!!

Saw a post on Social Media about testers needed.  Quickly realized that this place is deeply commited to its members !

Best thing is options!  A half dozen courses from 10 minutes to 30 minutes away!

Worst is the prices vs conditions on a few of them.

Work in Law enforcement 

How’d you pick your user name

I thought it was self explanatory??

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.