Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

GolfSpy MPR

10 hours ago, Hambone said:

Yep! Live about 10 minutes away... Played Cherokee National down in Gaffney many times as well.

Bet I can guess your last name. Most people with the last name Hamrick in the area were given then nickname Hambone LOL--- And trust me I know quite a few Hamricks in Cherokee and Cleveland county. But then again around Union County SC there are a lot of folks with the last name Ham and Hamm. Cherokee National was a nice course a couple of the guys I was on the VFD with were charter members. When I lived in Gaffney I did not play that much golf. When I did it was mostly in Charlotte but we did sneak up to Shelby and down to Spartanburg to Peach Valley which I hear now is closed. Way back in 80 I passed my PAT for my class A card at Peach Valley

• Like 1

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex---  Irons 5 thru PW 2016 TM TP CBs Steelfiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy2 52* Stock regular shaft--- SW Callaway Mack Daddy PM grind modified to 10* bounce KBS wedge shaft R---- Putter Scotty Sante Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft you seriously think it was going anywhere? Bag Old School Burton Mini Staff non demontional no advertising

1. How long have you been playing golf? Off and on for 25 year, started playing junior golf with some in summer leagues then kept after it until college. I took some time off to focus on school then jumped back in after I graduated. I recently took a few years off when my son was born, now he is starting to show some interest in golf so I am back!!!
    What’s your handicap or normal score? 12-15

2. What do you love about golf? Being outside and away from all the Hussle. It's wonderful to only have to focus on hitting the ball (and if your like me off the tee, finding it lol) I also enjoy the time I get to spend with my family on the course. I'd like to get my game to a place we're I would feel comfortable entering a few tournaments, even just a few charity ones.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I've bounced around a few different forums just reading reviews and topics that I found interesting. There's something about you all here that seems more welcoming and I wanted to take part in the game discussions, so here I am

4. Do you already know any other Spies? No

5. Where are you from? Central Florida

6. What is your home course? I don't really have one right now, I have a few I bounce between based on who I am playing with.

7. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Golf in Central Florida is amazing, unless it's summer. Then it a humid swampy experience, it still beats a day in the office.

8. What do you do for a living? IT Consulting

9. How’d you pick your user name? Stark was a nickname that was given to me a long time ago. I honestly can't remember who started it. And the papa part well, I'm a dad so it was really that simple.

• Like 2

On 8/11/2021 at 9:11 AM, mphicks said:
  • How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• Started and played consistently in late 90s early 2000s, but stopped playing due to family, work, other interests, etc. around 2008. Started playing again in fall of 2020.  Play infrequently, but practice multiple days per week.
    • No official handicap.  I keep my own records.  Currently playing to 20.1 - previously about a 9. Hoping to work my way back there over time.
  • What do you love about golf?

• The mental-physical challenge of working to get better.
    • The solitude of practice.
    • The game has also provided a means to stay connected to life long friends.
  • What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• The community.

• The wealth of knowledge and info available.

• Didn't know any other Spies

• Where are you from? What is your home course?

• Greensboro, NC

• No home course.

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• Worst = Summer heat & humidity

• Best = Variety & Value.  Mountains to the west, the beach to the east. and Pinehurst and the Sandhills in between
  • What do you do for a living?

• Utility operations

• How’d you pick your user name?

• Thats my name.

Welcome! I live in Winston-Salem, but play with friends from Greensboro. This weekend we are playing Pine Knolls in Kernersville. Let me know if you're ever looking for someone to play a round with.

Edited by Hobert
  • Like 2

:callaway-small: Big Bertha (2014)

:callaway-small: X-20s 4-SW (missing 9 iron 😬)

:Sub70: 939X 4H

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm) / :odyssey-small: White Hot #4

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:nike-small: Miami Hurricane Stand Bag

:callaway-small: Supersoft 

*Gaming these until I have enough consistency to get fitted.

On 9/22/2021 at 7:38 PM, Revscole said:

Hello all, my name is Stephen Cole and I am from Cartersville, GA. I look forward to chatting with you all about all things golf. 

Welcome to the forum! I'm up in Ellijay and I have a buddy down in Cartersville.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

GPS: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch (Thanks MGS!)

7 hours ago, Hobert said:

Welcome! I live in Winston-Salem, but play with friends from Greensboro. This weekend we are playing Pine Knolls in Kernersville. Let me know if you're ever looking for someone to play a round with.

Seeing where you are at I bet you know where Texas Pete was invented and is still bottled today. I catch a lot of people on that one but LOL not someone from your area, For those not in the know Texas Pete is a hot sauce ( and do not call it Tabasco either) and was invented and still made in Winston Salem NC. And it is not Franks either but I do put that s*** on darn near everything

• Like 2

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex---  Irons 5 thru PW 2016 TM TP CBs Steelfiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy2 52* Stock regular shaft--- SW Callaway Mack Daddy PM grind modified to 10* bounce KBS wedge shaft R---- Putter Scotty Sante Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft you seriously think it was going anywhere? Bag Old School Burton Mini Staff non demontional no advertising

1. How long have you been playing golf? Restarted going on about 8 years now.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? Lately in the mid to high 80’s

3. What do you love about golf? Peacefulness of it I play a lot by myself 

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Been reading reviews for a few years and decided to join.
    Do you already know any other Spies?maybe, don’t know  

5. Where are you from? Trenton Tennessee

6. What is your home course? Milan country club 

7. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Closes when it gets cold  

8. What do you do for a living? Retired Army, Stay at home Dad 

9. How’d you pick your user name? Had it since the internet 

• Like 5

1. How long have you been playing golf? 39 years on and off.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? Scratch to 1

3. What do you love about golf? Not sure, but I do love the challenge of it. I also enjoy building/tweaking my own equipment. 

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Not really sure, I stumbled onto this a few years ago, probably looking for equipment reviews. 

5. Do you already know any other Spies? Not sure, probably. 

6. Where are you from? Born in Charleston, SC, but raised in Wheaton, MD

7. What is your home course? Dont have one,  but probably would choose Southampton golf club in St Augustine/St Johns.

8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: comfortable to play year round. Worst: often wet, lots of afternoon showers spring into fall. Also, why do all of the driving ranges stop selling balls by 6? This is Florida and it is hot!

9. What do you do for a living? Business owner- software consulting for manufacturers 

10. How’d you pick your user name? Easy, my 1st 2 initials and last name. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSI3 8°, Xcaliber Avalon 6 tour stiff, tipped 1", D3 surefit and H2, D5 SW, 45 3/8", PING G425 LST 3 wood, set at 13° Xcaliber Avalon 6 tour stiff, tipped 1 1/2" 43 1/2", D4, Maltby KE4 FDI 19° (bent to 17°)Modus 120S 3 iron shaft, D4,Snake Eyes quick strike tour 18° hybrid, Xcaliber T6* TS untipped (soft stepped)

Maltby KE4 tour hybrid, 22°, kuro kage black shaft X 

Maltby TS-1 irons, Modus 120X soft stepped once, D4, 2° flat, 4-PW

Maltby TSW wedges,  DG X100 Sensicore,  50°, 54°, 58°, 2° flat

Ping TR series Anser 5, 33", 2° flat, 1.5° strong

Tp5x pix

14 hours ago, vagabon68 said:

2. What is your home course? Milan country club 

Played there a number of times with customers when I lived in the Memphis area. My sales territory was west TN. Had several customers who were members there. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSI3 8°, Xcaliber Avalon 6 tour stiff, tipped 1", D3 surefit and H2, D5 SW, 45 3/8", PING G425 LST 3 wood, set at 13° Xcaliber Avalon 6 tour stiff, tipped 1 1/2" 43 1/2", D4, Maltby KE4 FDI 19° (bent to 17°)Modus 120S 3 iron shaft, D4,Snake Eyes quick strike tour 18° hybrid, Xcaliber T6* TS untipped (soft stepped)

Maltby KE4 tour hybrid, 22°, kuro kage black shaft X 

Maltby TS-1 irons, Modus 120X soft stepped once, D4, 2° flat, 4-PW

Maltby TSW wedges,  DG X100 Sensicore,  50°, 54°, 58°, 2° flat

Ping TR series Anser 5, 33", 2° flat, 1.5° strong

Tp5x pix

22 minutes ago, jtgavigan said:

Played there a number of times with customers when I lived in the Memphis area. My sales territory was west TN. Had several customers who were members there. 

It’s a nice course the greens are exceptionally good.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 8:58 AM, PapaStark said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? Off and on for 25 year, started playing junior golf with some in summer leagues then kept after it until college. I took some time off to focus on school then jumped back in after I graduated. I recently took a few years off when my son was born, now he is starting to show some interest in golf so I am back!!!
    What’s your handicap or normal score? 12-15

2. What do you love about golf? Being outside and away from all the Hussle. It's wonderful to only have to focus on hitting the ball (and if your like me off the tee, finding it lol) I also enjoy the time I get to spend with my family on the course. I'd like to get my game to a place we're I would feel comfortable entering a few tournaments, even just a few charity ones.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I've bounced around a few different forums just reading reviews and topics that I found interesting. There's something about you all here that seems more welcoming and I wanted to take part in the game discussions, so here I am

4. Do you already know any other Spies? No

5. Where are you from? Central Florida

6. What is your home course? I don't really have one right now, I have a few I bounce between based on who I am playing with.

7. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Golf in Central Florida is amazing, unless it's summer. Then it a humid swampy experience, it still beats a day in the office.

8. What do you do for a living? IT Consulting

9. How’d you pick your user name? Stark was a nickname that was given to me a long time ago. I honestly can't remember who started it. And the papa part well, I'm a dad so it was really that simple.

Welcome aboard and you found the best forum!

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK  3 hybrid 18 Degree
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 hybrid 
Callaway  Max 5 - PW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 50 & 54 Degree Wedge
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey
White Hot OG 7 S

On 10/2/2021 at 6:28 AM, ole gray said:

Welcome aboard and you found the best forum!

Sorry for the late reply, thank you for the welcome. 

• Like 2

On 9/22/2021 at 6:38 PM, Revscole said:

Hello all, my name is Stephen Cole and I am from Cartersville, GA. I look forward to chatting with you all about all things golf. 

I went to Berry College in Rome. There are some really underrated golf courses in the NW Georgia area. Welcome!

• Like 1

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

Hello fellow hackers!  Nice to have a place to talk golf and get information about clubs, etc.  I love birdies and bourbon. I love the game of golf even though it doesn't always love me back.  I've accomplished one ace, one albatross and managed to break 70 once!  Now, I'm trying to play as much as I can before my spine says I have to stop!  

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I'm an 8 handicap according to GHIN, but don't feel like it on some days! I grew up around the game thanks to my dad. After HS, I played consistently for 10-12 years and then had kids which tapered my game off.  The kids are now 14 and 10 and getting interested in the game so I'm back playing regularly. 

2. What do you love about golf?  The feel of a great shot, the fellowship, and the outdoors.  My favorite time to play is at dusk.  And now, teaching my son and daughter the game even though they don't listen at times.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Researching new club options.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Central AL - Saugahatchee Country Club

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Can play year round for the most part, but the heat and humidity can beat you down.  I used to love it as a younger man, but now I'd rather play early and beat the heat.  Can be pricey.  

6. What do you do for a living?  Product Manager/Marketing

• Like 5

TaylorMade 300 Mini Driver 11.5* w/Std Mitsubishi Stiff Shaft

Cleveland 3W Launcher w/Fujikura S Flex

Cleveland 2i HiBORE XLS w/Fujikura S Flex

PING G400 4-PW Blue Dot Irons 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50* GW

Cleveland Tour Action 588 BeCu 53* SW

Cleveland Tour Action 900 56* SW

Odyssey White Hot OG #7 Stroke Lab

Titleist ProV1

4 hours ago, FairwayToHeaven said:

Hello fellow hackers!  Nice to have a place to talk golf and get information about clubs, etc.  I love birdies and bourbon. I love the game of golf even though it doesn't always love me back.  I've accomplished one ace, one albatross and managed to break 70 once!  Now, I'm trying to play as much as I can before my spine says I have to stop!  

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I'm an 8 handicap according to GHIN, but don't feel like it on some days! I grew up around the game thanks to my dad. After HS, I played consistently for 10-12 years and then had kids which tapered my game off.  The kids are now 14 and 10 and getting interested in the game so I'm back playing regularly. 

2. What do you love about golf?  The feel of a great shot, the fellowship, and the outdoors.  My favorite time to play is at dusk.  And now, teaching my son and daughter the game even though they don't listen at times.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Researching new club options.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Central AL - Saugahatchee Country Club

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Can play year round for the most part, but the heat and humidity can beat you down.  I used to love it as a younger man, but now I'd rather play early and beat the heat.  Can be pricey.  

6. What do you do for a living?  Product Manager/Marketing

Welcome aboard!

U.S. Am Tour New season of the tour starting up for the 22 season. Playing out of Nashville group and hoping for a better season this year for me.  Great group of people to play with on the weekends. So if you are in the area and wanting to play in competition with people in your handicap range look into it. If not in TN Or nearby they have it all over. Nashville has one of the best tour directors out there.  

• Like 1

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started playing about a year ago. I played regularly for about five months before I had to deploy. What do you love about golf? Golf is the most difficult sport in the world and I love being outdoors. I grew up playing all kinds of sports and playing baseball in college, but golf has always been my favorite thing

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Leezamonty said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started playing about a year ago. I played regularly for about five months before I had to deploy. What do you love about golf? Golf is the most difficult sport in the world and I love being outdoors. I grew up playing all kinds of sports and playing baseball in college, but golf has always been my favorite thing

Welcome aboard from Georgia!

• Like 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK  3 hybrid 18 Degree
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 hybrid 
Callaway  Max 5 - PW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 50 & 54 Degree Wedge
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey
White Hot OG 7 S

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing 30+ years and am a 14-15 handicap. I don't practice...

2. What do you love about golf? Being outside and meeting new people.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know any other Spies, but have found the product/equipment reviews to be helpful.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Currently living in Atlanta, Georgia, but have moved nine times since my early 20s. Born and raised in St. Marys, Pennsylvania - it's not the end of the world, but you can see it from there.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is year-round golf in moderate to steamy temperatures and the worst is the number of public courses that are closing and being replaced with housing.

6. What do you do for a living? Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, and Crisis Management Consulting

7. How’d you pick your user name? My first name starts with T and most nicknames I have been given included the T.

• Like 4
  • Taylormade SIM2 8° Fujikura Ventus Blue with VeloCore 6-R
  • TaylorMade M5 15° Project X HZRDUS Red 75 6.0
  • Callaway Big Bertha 19° KBS Tour Prototype 85 S
  • Srixon 4-AW Nippon Modus 3 105 R
  • Cleveland ZipCore 54° Mid and 58° Mid DG Spinner
  • Sub70 Mi-Mallet Sycamore 002 35"
  • Titleist Pro V1x
  • Arccos Gen 3 sensors

On 10/13/2021 at 1:58 AM, Leezamonty said:

Welcome! A ton of good info and great folks on MGS!

• Like 1