TESTERS WANTED! ×

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Welcome aboard!!!  Jupiter... nice area, some cool courses, and loaded with golf superstars!!!!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

On 2/11/2019 at 5:25 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Southeast Region

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Since I was a kid with my father in our yard, played HS golf for two years before baseball career got in the way. I sit around a 0-1.5 hanidcap. I’ve been plus before but not for long lol 

2. What do you love about golf? I love how humbling golf is. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I’ve always tinkered with equipment and love MGS reviews 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in Fort Myers Fl and River hall is what I would consider my home course 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?best is that it is year round. Worst is the prices and availability in the winter time

6. What do you do for a living?I work in construction industry 

7. How’d you pick your user name? 

60% of the time, it works every time. 

Welcome to the forums!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Playing AT golf for 20+ years ... actual "playing golf" is debatable.  16 handicap. 

2. What do you love about golf?  The "chase" of the perfect shot and the feeling that goes with it ... may never feel it, but I am going to keep chasing.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Just started following a while back and enjoyed the content.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  North Carolina.  Home course = Wherever I get a tee time.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best = can play all year if you don't mind layers of clothes.  Worst = Poa anna in spring. 

6. What do you do for a living?  As little as possible

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Clemson grad living in NC

Driver = Ping G430

Fairway Woods = Callaway Paradym 5 wood & Paradym X 7 wood

Irons = Callaway Apex 5 iron through PW

Wedges = Taylor Made Hi-Toe 52, 56 and 60 degree

Putter = Lab Golf Mezzi.1 Max

Where I am from? Dallas ,GA

How long have I been playing? Since 2019/20 

Handicap- 16 but finally taking lessons so hopefully will knock off a few .

Home course? Currently play on the APT so no real Home course but play the frog in villa rica and west pines in douglasville as much as I can.

What I do for a living? Delivery driver for a beer distributor .

What I love about golf?  This game has brought back competition into my life and whether that is between others or myself I get to compete and feel the high and lows that go with it.

PLAY BAD FAST 

Welcome to the forums!!!

Where I am from? Dallas ,GA
How long have I been playing? Since 2019/20 
Handicap- 16 but finally taking lessons so hopefully will knock off a few .
Home course? Currently play on the APT so no real Home course but play the frog in villa rica and west pines in douglasville as much as I can.
What I do for a living? Delivery driver for a beer distributor .
What I love about golf?  This game has brought back competition into my life and whether that is between others or myself I get to compete and feel the high and lows that go with it.

Welcome aboard and enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

How long have you been playing golf? - 2 years.

What’s your handicap or normal score? - I score 90-95 pretty consistently, hoping to break 85 this season.

What do you love about golf? - It's a great way to relax and enjoy time in nature while still pursuing athletics (I played soccer in college).

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? - I have loved the research and posts from MyGolfSpy and was interested in getting involved.

Where are you from? What is your home course? - I'm from Louisville KY and play Hidden Creek fairly regularly.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - The best part is the weather during the summer: morning tee times are amazing. The worst would have to be the cold winters where courses are near unplayable.

What do you do for a living? - I am a personal finance consultant.

How’d you pick your user name? - This is a username I've been using since I was a kid.

Senior in college, taken up golf as my sport after retiring from collegiate soccer.

Welcome to the site!

On 3/13/2024 at 12:12 PM, GopherSquid said:

How long have you been playing golf?

- I've intentionally started playing last year

What’s your handicap or normal score?

What do you love about golf?

- Its something I can grow and see improvement in the more I play/practice

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

- I've learned a lot through their articles and videos!

Where are you from? What is your home course?

- Athens, Ga. The only public course here is the one at The University of Georgia

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

- Besides the UGA course, there are no public courses outside of a 30 minute drive. The UGA course is really nice though

What do you do for a living?

- Freelance sports broadcasting at UGA

How’d you pick your user name?

- It's an old nickname!

Welcome aboard neighbor!

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

How long have you been playing golf? - 2 years.
What’s your handicap or normal score? - I score 90-95 pretty consistently, hoping to break 85 this season.
What do you love about golf? - It's a great way to relax and enjoy time in nature while still pursuing athletics (I played soccer in college).
What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? - I have loved the research and posts from MyGolfSpy and was interested in getting involved.
Where are you from? What is your home course? - I'm from Louisville KY and play Hidden Creek fairly regularly.
What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - The best part is the weather during the summer: morning tee times are amazing. The worst would have to be the cold winters where courses are near unplayable.
What do you do for a living? - I am a personal finance consultant.
How’d you pick your user name? - This is a username I've been using since I was a kid.

Welcome aboard ! I live in Watkinsville and play at Lane Creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

On 2/11/2019 at 5:25 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:
  • How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• What do you love about golf?

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• Where are you from? What is your home course?

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• What do you do for a living?

• How’d you pick your user name?

Started when I was only about 8 years old, but stopped after HS because I didn't have anyone to play with anymore after we all left for college. Came back into it during COVID. I'm normally shooting mid-high 90s.

I love that golf can be so many different things all at once. A nice day in nature, an excuse to enjoy a cigar, a super-competitive round against your buddies, a personal challenge.

Joined MyGolfSpy after following them on Twitter and reading product reviews. Hoping to be a tester for some of their products.

Just moved to NC a couple weeks ago, so no home course yet. I'm only guessing at the moment, but I'd say the best thing about this region is courses are open year-round. The worst? TBD...

WITB:

Driver - Ping G410
3w - Titleist TSr2
5w - Titleist TSr2
4 Hybrid - Ping G410
5i-PW - Callaway ParadymX
50/56/60 wedges - Callaway Jaws

Welcome to MGS @Bryan716 !!

Welcome to the Forum @Bryan716!

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, HZRDUS RDX Smoke 6.0 

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)