Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Hello all,

New member here (of course) been watching MGS for a while and routinely lurk the forums for any equipment recommendations.  Alright the answers to introductory questions....

I am a old(er) baseball player who converted to golf my junior year of college and can't put the clubs down. I currently carry a 5 handicap. I love how golf is an internal battle with yourself on every shot, overcoming self doubt and as Arnold said "swing your swing." I am not sure if I know of any other MGS members or not, unfortunately.  I am from upper East TN and my home course is Link Hills Country Club. Best part about golf around here is it is pretty much year around. Yes it does get cold for a few weeks but even then you can usually find a track to go play.  When you see my username you see what I do for a living, I am a Physical Therapist. How did I pick my username, easy...my truck and my profession.

Hope to hear from ya'll and keep up the good work MGS.

On 2/11/2019 at 4:25 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? 30 years off and on.  What’s your handicap or normal score?  Haven't broke 100 yet.

2. What do you love about golf?  The Challenge, it's really between you and the course.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? vSearched Golf forums and really liked this site.  Do you already know any other Spies?  No

4. Where are you from? Decatur, AL  What is your home course?  Mostly play Redstone Arsenal.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best = Plenty of places to play. Worst = Very hot in the Summer.

6. What do you do for a living? Retiring very soon for the 3rd time.  Currently a Gov't Contractor.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  "Go" Bama" self explanatory and 84 was my number in high school football.

:ping-small:  G400 Driver, Alta CB 55 S, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 3W, Alta CB S Flex 65, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 19*, Alta CB S Flex 70, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 4-U Irons, Alta CB S Flex, Winn Dri-Tac

:callaway-small: Smart Sole SW,

:odyssey-small: White Steel 2 Ball SRT Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab Grip

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?   Literally just got into playing golf over the past 18 mos and at age 60, I feel like I am finally playing a game that has always been in me.  My score has improved quite a bit over this past season - started shooting 140-150 (true hacker) to most recent rounds have been between 110 and 105.  A long way to go but love the fun of improving.  

2. What do you love about golf?  It is a game of challenge that is never the same.  How a hole plays today will be different tomorrow.  Also there is nothing like that first par or birdie and knowing the magic happened.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I love the honest reporting and how the guys are up front about the sport.  Its not about the big 4 so to speak but rather about who is doing a better job in terms of equipment.  I am afraid I don't....then again being new here there may be a spy in the hood that I did not know was a spy. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I am from the New Bern, NC area.  If I have a home course is would be Minnesott Golf & Country Club.  However, as I understand it, the course is up for sale so its future is going to be dependent on a new buyer and what kind of cash they are willing to invest.  It is a good course that offers fun and challenges.  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Having played only courses local to me - most are older designs that vary in quality of fairways, greens.  All are semi-private therefore I have only that experience - there are some private courses that I would love try one day, but that remains to be seen.  In eastern NC varying terrain is not the norm, some courses do offer great elevation changes but nothing like courses in mid- to western-NC.  Looking forward to maybe playing a course or two in New England as our son recently transferred there (he's in the Navy). 

6. What do you do for a living?  Pretty much retired, but in my former life I was in purchasing for a facility.  If I had been smart I would have taken up golf then and enjoyed maybe a few rounds as a business type venture. 

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Its just my name and nothing special.    

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

• 1 month later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I first started playing golf in high school but did not seriously start playing until my senior year of college.  I have been playing steady for about 4.5 years now.  Normal game I shoot mid 80's

2. What do you love about golf? The best thing about golf is you are always trying to beat yourself, whether it is by shooting fewer shots or by challenging yourself by playing different shots than normal.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I look for product reviews and what others think of new equipment that comes out yearly.  I do know a couple spies that we get together every now and then to play a round.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From outside of Clemson SC, play a local municipal course that my wife played at in college (we normally get a good discount)

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The worst thing is how hot it gets during the summer months, the best time to play is during the early morning when everyone else the the state is trying to play.

6. What do you do for a living? I am an athletic trainer 

7. How’d you pick your user name? High School nickname 

12 minutes ago, Big_Johnny_ said:

I am an athletic trainer 

So you are a real jock?  Sorry couldn't resist!!  Welcome and Roll Tide.  Couldn't resist that either.🤣

3 hours ago, Big_Johnny_ said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I first started playing golf in high school but did not seriously start playing until my senior year of college.  I have been playing steady for about 4.5 years now.  Normal game I shoot mid 80's

2. What do you love about golf? The best thing about golf is you are always trying to beat yourself, whether it is by shooting fewer shots or by challenging yourself by playing different shots than normal.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I look for product reviews and what others think of new equipment that comes out yearly.  I do know a couple spies that we get together every now and then to play a round.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From outside of Clemson SC, play a local municipal course that my wife played at in college (we normally get a good discount)

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The worst thing is how hot it gets during the summer months, the best time to play is during the early morning when everyone else the the state is trying to play.

I knew you'd come around.  Glad you've joined the fray.  I think we might be overdue for a round!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

8 hours ago, Big_Johnny_ said:

Welcome aboard from Georgia! 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Welcome Big Johnny!  Glad to have you. 

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

1. How long have you been playing golf? Been playing since I was around 8 years old. 

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? Normally around par give or take.

3. What do you love about golf? Just getting out on the course. It's as close to a nature hike where i don't usually have to bring bug spray or snacks.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Looks like this could be fun, as now I'm in the position to make comments on the stuff I've been trying out.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? Florida, just north of Tampa. Usually play Seven Springs, or Crescent Oaks, as they are closest to the house.

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is the summer pricing, and the worst thing is the summer humidity. 

7. What do you do for a living? Stuff with the cloud and peoples systems mostly.

8. How’d you pick your user name? I didn't, my parents did when i was born.

5 hours ago, Barran said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? Been playing since I was around 8 years old. 

3. What do you love about golf? Just getting out on the course. It's as close to a nature hike where i don't usually have to bring bug spray or snacks.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Looks like this could be fun, as now I'm in the position to make comments on the stuff I've been trying out.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? Florida, just north of Tampa. Usually play Seven Springs, or Crescent Oaks, as they are closest to the house.

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is the summer pricing, and the worst thing is the summer humidity. 

7. What do you do for a living? Stuff with the cloud and peoples systems mostly.

Welcome to the forum!

Gameday
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120

Classic Bag

Hi everyone. New guy here. I have loved and watched golf since I was 18 - 20 years old but never had the time or money to actually play. I always wanted to be a golfer but, hitting the range with a few old clubs and a whiskey one or two nights a year was all I could muster. 

In August 2018 I finally reached a point where I could dedicate myself to learning the game and creating my swing.  It was so much harder than I thought it would be. Over the passed 18 months I have been humbled. At times think, ah ha I figured it out...nope. Right now my game is in the best most consistent place its been yet and I hope to hold on to it for as long as possible.  

I practice something everyday, mostly 30 minutes to an hour. I play about 6 times a month. The league at the course next to my house will start up again in April and I look forward to playing in it. League play is my chance to play with others as I don't know anyone that golfs so I always play alone. It was one of the reasons to start playing golf because it was something I could do alone. I'm starting to wish I knew someone as obsessed as me so we could go broke together ditching work and responsibility just for the chance at one more good shot.

I found MYgolfspy early in my attempt to educate myself and sift through the bullshit. They have been a valuable tool in my quest for golf greatness.

I haven't had the chance to play many courses yet. On Saturdays I play a course called Lake Diamond witch I love, and I play and do the majority of my practice at my home short course called Baseline.

Hi everyone. New guy here. I have loved and watched golf since I was 18 - 20 years old but never had the time or money to actually play. I always wanted to be a golfer but, hitting the range with a few old clubs and a whiskey one or two nights a year was all I could muster. 
In August 2018 I finally reached a point where I could dedicate myself to learning the game and creating my swing.  It was so much harder than I thought it would be. Over the passed 18 months I have been humbled. At times think, ah ha I figured it out...nope. Right now my game is in the best most consistent place its been yet and I hope to hold on to it for as long as possible.  
I practice something everyday, mostly 30 minutes to an hour. I play about 6 times a month. The league at the course next to my house will start up again in April and I look forward to playing in it. League play is my chance to play with others as I don't know anyone that golfs so I always play alone. It was one of the reasons to start playing golf because it was something I could do alone. I'm starting to wish I knew someone as obsessed as me so we could go broke together ditching work and responsibility just for the chance at one more good shot.
I found MYgolfspy early in my attempt to educate myself and sift through the bullshit. They have been a valuable tool in my quest for golf greatness.
I haven't had the chance to play many courses yet. On Saturdays I play a course called Lake Diamond witch I love, and I play and do the majority of my practice at my home short course called Baseline.

Welcome from Georgia!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cleveland

Longtime follower of MGS, just never made an account. Love the content, and the approach of MGS to the industry. Compulsive club and swing tinkerer, (Terrible combination trust me I know) passionate about the sport and bettering my game. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I’ve played golf avidly for a little over 10 years now. Handicap is currently a 7.1. Normal score is somewhere between a 78-80

2. What do you love about golf?

The unique challenges it presents, its demand for a quick recovery from turmoil and upsets. As well as the fine tuned craft of golf club making/tuning/fitting. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

As a habitual tinkerer, my research and reading is constant on optimizing my clubs for my game. As well as optimizing my swing and thought process’s. 
Potentially find new fellow golfers in the area to golf and brainstorm my next Frankenstein build with. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

From Louisville, Kentucky.  Currently frequenting Seneca Golf Course. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Great golf for the prices, a wide variety of course layouts nearby offering their own unique challenges. Unfortunately a lot of public golf in the Louisville area is on the chopping block as of late, and it doesn’t look hopeful. 

6. What do you do for a living?

Technician for Sazerac Co. 

BE1A93E3-F0EE-4D3A-AB36-F3FC2D084B16.jpeg

On 2/7/2020 at 1:20 PM, Golf CAT said:

Welcome to the forum!

Gameday

Classic Bag

On 2/9/2020 at 12:28 PM, Mack67 said:

Longtime follower of MGS, just never made an account. Love the content, and the approach of MGS to the industry. Compulsive club and swing tinkerer, (Terrible combination trust me I know) passionate about the sport and bettering my game. 

I’ve played golf avidly for a little over 10 years now. Handicap is currently a 7.1. Normal score is somewhere between a 78-80

The unique challenges it presents, its demand for a quick recovery from turmoil and upsets. As well as the fine tuned craft of golf club making/tuning/fitting. 

As a habitual tinkerer, my research and reading is constant on optimizing my clubs for my game. As well as optimizing my swing and thought process’s. 
Potentially find new fellow golfers in the area to golf and brainstorm my next Frankenstein build with. 

Great golf for the prices, a wide variety of course layouts nearby offering their own unique challenges. Unfortunately a lot of public golf in the Louisville area is on the chopping block as of late, and it doesn’t look hopeful. 

BE1A93E3-F0EE-4D3A-AB36-F3FC2D084B16.jpeg

Beautiful course.  Welcome to the forum!

Gameday

Classic Bag

1. How long have you been playing golf? 7 years, picked up a club for the first time at 21.

1. What’s your handicap or normal score? Currently a 19.  

2. What do you love about golf?  Being outside. In a good environment with good people.  Most of all: not touching my cell phone!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  No Puts Given podcast and Instagram.  Do not know any other Spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Charlotte, NC.  Home course is Carolina Lakes.  Play Tega Cay and Springfield a lot as well.  Occasionally make it out to some of the private clubs in Charlotte when I have the opportunity. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Not enough public courses on the North Carolina side of the NC/SC border around Charlotte.  

6. What do you do for a living?  Commodity Management/Strategic Sourcing for a car seat & stroller manufacturer. 

7. How’d you pick your user name?  It's just my name... Should I change it? ha

Edited by LucasHawes

BE1A93E3-F0EE-4D3A-AB36-F3FC2D084B16.thumb.jpeg.590f472d09cc85e5bac89edd136f9017.jpeg

Welcome to MGS! I played Chenoweth, Seneca and Iroquois when I lived there in 5he late 1970’s. Seneca was great!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8(10.5*) w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(17.0*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid; Ben Hogan PTx 5-PW w/Recoil 460 graphite shafts; Ben Hogan TKt Gw(49*) SW(53*) LW(57*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER-6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Welcome to the Forum, Barron. I live in Wesley Chapel, just down the road from you. I run a weekly gam3 every Saturday at Pebble Creek. Do you hav3 a Crescent Oaks Loyalty Card? It works at Pebble Creek as well. Maybe you could try us out.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8(10.5*) w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(17.0*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid; Ben Hogan PTx 5-PW w/Recoil 460 graphite shafts; Ben Hogan TKt Gw(49*) SW(53*) LW(57*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER-6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've just been playing 2 years now, my normal scores are 90-93, and my Handicap is around 18-19.

2. What do you love about golf?  I love getting out, meeting new people, having fun despite those few bad shots, and how challenging the game is.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I've seen several post show up on my FB feed and was encouraged to check the site out after going and having a club fitting for new irons with Bob Vansweden.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I live in clearwater, florida, my home course is Wentworth golf club in Tarpon Springs.  But I'm always looking and trying to play at new courses.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The best thing is year round golf and plenty of quality courses within a 15-30 minute drive, as well as good practice facilities near me.  The worst thing is when the snow birds come down, they fill up the course and play extremely slow and don't care about other golfers on the course.  This includes not filling divots and repairing greens.

6. What do you do for a living? I'm in sales in the mortgage business.

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Muggsy Bogues

Edited by Mugsy101

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
- 8ish years - 11.5 handicap

What do you love about golf?

- Everything (gear nut)

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

- Nope

Where are you from? What is your home course?

- KY, N/a

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

- Winter sucks. Summer is dope.

What do you do for a living?

- Web design

How’d you pick your user name?

- website

Edited by BGAccessories

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 12:21 PM, Golf CAT said:

Oh by the way if I just did this wrong and typed all that stuff in the wrong place. my bad. just ignore it.

You did.  You must now sit out for 5 minutes. 🤣

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? About 25 years on and off. Normally 85-95, depends on how much I've been playing.

2. What do you love about golf? Getting out and enjoying an outing with friends and family.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I'm just returning to golf after a vehicle accident 5 years ago, and a hip replacement this past year. And it's been 20 years since I had a new set of clubs.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Eastern NC.  I play a local municipal par 3 quite alot, and Falling Creek CC when the weather and work schedule permit. But were apt to go to any with 30 miles or so.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Worst would be hunting the woods for a ball :). Best would be just getting out and enjoying the round.

6. What do you do for a living? CNC Machine Operator

7. How’d you pick your user name? Video game nickname and numbers that just stuck in my head.

DawgDaddy and BigtazzGolf reacted to this

Edited by jaeger256

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? About 25 years on and off. Normally 85-95, depends on how much I've been playing.

2. What do you love about golf? Getting out and enjoying an outing with friends and family.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I'm just returning to golf after a vehicle accident 5 years ago, and a hip replacement this past year. And it's been 20 years since I had a new set of clubs.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Eastern NC.  I play a local municipal par 3 quite alot, and Falling Creek CC when the weather and work schedule permit. But were apt to go to any with 30 miles or so.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Worst would be hunting the woods for a ball :). Best would be just getting out and enjoying the round.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Video game nickname and numbers that just stuck in my head.

Welcome from Georgia!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cleveland

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have been playing golf off and on for about 3 years now. I was taking lessons back Las Vegas, NV and now that I have moved I started playing and taking lessons again. Last year 2019 Summer I had moved from a 23 to an 18 handicap after a 6 month break I'm back to a 19. Taking lesson and practice seriously now I want to get that number well down from where it is now. 

2. What do you love about golf? I love golf because its not perfect, and its all about how you handle your emotions and manage your good shots and your bad shots.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I found Mygolfspy last year when I did a ball change and was looking for new irons last year, had to put the new irons on the back burner though. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I just moved to Rome, GA from Las Vegas, NV. As an adult now, 31, it is very different here than growing up in Las Vegas. I don't really have a home course to play anymore. When I was back in NV we just played anywhere we could, so I'll probably do the same now that I'm in GA.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Well the worst part is there is really only one course under 30 mins away. Best part I'm not sure. I haven't really been here long enough.

6. What do you do for a living? I am an Emergency Management Specialist for the Department of Public Health

7. How’d you pick your user name? Someone called me Comradebird just joking around about something and it just kind of stuck. 

On 2/11/2019 at 5:25 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I play golf as a kid not very good at it never had a teacher.  Fast forward 20yr retired from the military so picked golf back up still not very good. Score around 100

2. What do you love about golf? The social part of it all and just the fight of trying to do better.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Youtube no putts given the podcast is a ton of really information and more data is always good.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? LaGrange Ga The Fields

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? It got hot in the summer and cold in the winter.

6. What do you do for a living? Account manager 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Email address 

1. I've been playing golf since I was 5 or 6, but I got more serious about golf in high school. I generally shoot in the mid 80's to low 90's, though I'm trying to improve that with lessons.

2. I love that it's always a challenge and that you can always get better.

3. I'm getting more serious about golf and want to get data driven reviews. I do not know any other spies.

4. I'm originally from CT, but now live in Smyrna, GA (just outside of Atlanta). I don't have a home course, I try to rotate among the public courses in the area.

5. All of the best courses are private. Playing the public courses can lead to painfully slow rounds.

6. I work for The Home Depot

7. My user name is a combination of my initials, my college mascot (Wake Forest Demon Deacons), and my sports number

10 hours ago, gmdeac10 said:
  1. I've been playing golf since I was 5 or 6, but I got more serious about golf in high school. I generally shoot in the mid 80's to low 90's, though I'm trying to improve that with lessons.

3. I'm getting more serious about golf and want to get data driven reviews. I do not know any other spies.

4. I'm originally from CT, but now live in Smyrna, GA (just outside of Atlanta). I don't have a home course, I try to rotate among the public courses in the area.

5. All of the best courses are private. Playing the public courses can lead to painfully slow rounds.

7. My user name is a combination of my initials, my college mascot (Wake Forest Demon Deacons), and my sports number

Welcome aboard from Watkinsville, Ga. 🏌️‍♂️

Cleveland

14 hours ago, gmdeac10 said:

On 2/22/2020 at 1:43 PM, Comradebird88 said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have been playing golf off and on for about 3 years now. I was taking lessons back Las Vegas, NV and now that I have moved I started playing and taking lessons again. Last year 2019 Summer I had moved from a 23 to an 18 handicap after a 6 month break I'm back to a 19. Taking lesson and practice seriously now I want to get that number well down from where it is now. 

2. What do you love about golf? I love golf because its not perfect, and its all about how you handle your emotions and manage your good shots and your bad shots.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I found Mygolfspy last year when I did a ball change and was looking for new irons last year, had to put the new irons on the back burner though. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I just moved to Rome, GA from Las Vegas, NV. As an adult now, 31, it is very different here than growing up in Las Vegas. I don't really have a home course to play anymore. When I was back in NV we just played anywhere we could, so I'll probably do the same now that I'm in GA.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Well the worst part is there is really only one course under 30 mins away. Best part I'm not sure. I haven't really been here long enough.

6. What do you do for a living? I am an Emergency Management Specialist for the Department of Public Health

7. How’d you pick your user name? Someone called me Comradebird just joking around about something and it just kind of stuck. 

On 2/21/2020 at 1:22 AM, jaeger256 said:

Welcome to the forum!

Gameday

Classic Bag