GolfSpy MPR

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Our Sponsors

The only course I have played in the area is CC of SC out on 327 and that was quite a few years back. I hear the morning guys on the Radio on Good Morning Pee Dee advertise Fox Creek golf club. I also go by a little goat ranch looking course on Maciver road called Beaver Creek but technically it is in Darlington County

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

I have played Darlington Country Club and Governors Run and both are pretty good courses. Beaver Creek has horrible reviews and a bad reputation. I am wanting to try the CC of SC.

Sent from my Android using MyGolfSpy mobile app

1. How long have you been playing golf?   Since I was six years old.   

2. What do you love about golf?  Competition - no matter if it’s another player or just the course itself.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?    I enjoyed reading the 2019 golf ball review.   

4. Where are you from?  Collierville, TN transitioning to Florence, AL

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?   Best - virtually year round golf.   Worst - wet and slow bent grass greens in the middle of summer in the south.  

6. What do you do for a living?  Self employed CPA

7. How’d you pick your user name?  First name + profession = username 

8. What’s your home course?   Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail - The Shoals

Glad ya found us neighbor lol.
Love the Shoals. Also like Blackberry and Cypress. Our group will be back down there in the fall for a golf trip.

Tazz
Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

21 hours ago, KenLewis1058 said:

I have played Darlington Country Club and Governors Run and both are pretty good courses. Beaver Creek has horrible reviews and a bad reputation. I am wanting to try the CC of SC.

Oh you can tell Beaver Creek is a Goat Ranch by just riding by---- I ride by it at least 4 times a day and have never seen more than 3 or 4 cars in the parking lot ever. CC of SC was one heck of a course when I played it a while back probably 15 years or so ago. They hosted a Nike event there a few times and I think it was a US Open regional site a couple of times

Edited by BIG STU

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

Oh you can tell Beaver Creek is a Goat Ranch by just riding by---- I ride by it at least 4 times a day and have never seen more than 3 or 4 cars in the parking lot ever. CC of SC was one heck of a course when I played it a while back probably 15 years or so ago. They hosted a Nike event there a few times and I think it was a US Open regional site a couple of times
I am definitely ready to try the Cc of SC. I keep hearing coworkers talk about how good of a course it is. Darlington CC is a good course and can usually find a good price on the golf apps. I am hoping to get a few rounds in this weekend.

Hey guys,

Im from Hypoluxo Florida, and I started playing again regularly (at least one round and one practice session a week) this year. I have a Facebook page called Hit Till Happy Golf ( which started from a friend of mine watching me take my 3rd Mulligan off the tee) and he said “ what is this? Hit till Happy??? I laughed so hard and loved it so much I have been working on the Hit till Happy golf brand! Hey you never know! And it’s fun! I’m a single dad and I work for Al Packer Ford as a Business Manager. Bought my first set of clubs (a complete set) from PGA superstore in Delray, the Cobra ultralights. For someone like me they work great and have taken my game a long way in a short time. I play regularly at the Boca Country Clubs west course as my father works as a starter and I get to play for free! In the last year I have played at least 18 holes a week and practice 9nce or twice a week depending on my schedule.

Hey guys, I’m a teacher and football/basketball coach in NC. I’m a lefty and really hate limited blade options and Scotty putters for my handedness. I have a 3 year old who is also lefty and loves golf, well mainly just riding in the cart and throwing his ball as far as it will go. I’m an equipment junkie and I love headcovers. Right now I’m on a huge sugar skull golf kick. In the summer and spring I play 2-4 times a week, but unfortunately after August 1 until about February 15 my game is non existent. Glad to be here! 

• Like 1

Just became a member of the site.

I'm a 10 handicap.

I am a high school golf coach.

I found Golf Spy on You tube.

I am from Georgia. Home course is Double Oaks

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stanrock22 said:

I'm a 10 handicap.

Welcome aboard!   I live right down the road from you in Watkinsville, Ga.  My course is Jennings Mill CC

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead XR 3 Hybrid
Callaway  Rogue X Irons 5 - AW 
Cleveland RTX-4 50 & 56 / RTX-3 60
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter

On 9/5/2019 at 9:39 AM, dhayes said:

Hey guys, I’m a teacher and football/basketball coach in NC. I’m a lefty and really hate limited blade options and Scotty putters for my handedness. I have a 3 year old who is also lefty and loves golf, well mainly just riding in the cart and throwing his ball as far as it will go. I’m an equipment junkie and I love headcovers. Right now I’m on a huge sugar skull golf kick. In the summer and spring I play 2-4 times a week, but unfortunately after August 1 until about February 15 my game is non existent. Glad to be here! 

Welcome to MGS, glad you decided to join in! 

Driver -  :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 
Woods - :callaway-small:   Epic Flash  3 Wood & Heavenwood
Hybrid - :callaway-small:   Epic Flasht 4H
Irons - :callaway-small:   Rogue X 5 - AW
Wedges - :bridgestone-small: WC 54* & 58*
Putter -   :EVNROLL: ER7
Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE
Ball - :Snell: MTB-X

Bag -  2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

Check out my 2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Review here  

6 hours ago, Stanrock22 said:

I'm a 10 handicap.

Welcome aboard, glad you decided to join in.   A word of warning, watch out for that ole gray fellow.  lol

• Haha 1

Driver -  :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 
Woods - :callaway-small:   Epic Flash  3 Wood & Heavenwood
Hybrid - :callaway-small:   Epic Flasht 4H
Irons - :callaway-small:   Rogue X 5 - AW
Wedges - :bridgestone-small: WC 54* & 58*
Putter -   :EVNROLL: ER7
Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE
Ball - :Snell: MTB-X

Bag -  2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

Check out my 2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Review here  

Been a member since February 2010 apparently, but was pretty active on a now extinct golf forum run by a con man in Las Vegas back in the day.

I haven't been very active on here due to life getting in the way quite a bit, so I thought I'd reintroduce myself.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I started playing when I was six years old, so that makes it 43 years now.

2. What do you love about golf? I started playing with my Dad and brother and now my sons play with me.  It's getting outside with family and/or friends and just enjoying some time outside away from the grind of daily life.  Golf might be the only thing I do where I'm continuously learning and trying to get better.  If I was as driven and dedicated in everything else in my life as I am at golf, I'd have enough money to have retired by now and play golf every day. 🤣

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've been here quite a while, but I was deploying with the Navy shortly after I joined, then had a kid, and then moved to San Diego where I was playing golf rather than talking about it when I had the time.  I met the GolfSpy himself on a bus in Costa Rica when we were on the same tour in 2009 and I'm sure I know a few others from the site I used to be on quite a bit back in the 2003 - 2007 time frame.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am originally from Fort Wayne, IN but now live in Charleston, SC.  I'm a member at the Daniel Island Club.  We have two courses, Ralston Creek by Rees Jones and Beresford Creek by Tom Fazio.  Both have gone through extensive renovations the last eighteen months to recover from a superintendent who was allowed to stay on the job about ten years too long.  Fortunately, our new superintendent has both courses in incredible shape and they'll only continue to get better.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is that we can play year round for the most part.  The worst part is the heat and humidity in the summer and the sand gnats in the spring and fall when the weather is absolutely perfect.  

6. What do you do for a living? I manage large national accounts for a global healthcare company so I travel quite a bit for work.  I've only taken my clubs on one work trip in the three years I've been there when I was lucky enough to play Ballyneal and Colorado Golf Club during a trip to Denver.

7. How’d you pick your user name? While I loved being on the ocean, I hated going to sea and leaving my family and friends behind.  It sucked.  Hence, seasuks.

Nothing like puring one into the Red Sea off the back of a ship doing fifteen knots...

TM M5 10* w/Graphite Design Tour AD GP-7x Black

TM M5 15* w/Tensei Blue 80x tipped 1"

Titleist 818H2 19* w/Tensei White 80x or TM 790 UDI 2 (weakened to 19*) w/Project X LZ 6.5

Honma Rose Proto 4 - 10 w/Nippon Modus 2 120 x

TM 52* and 58* Milled Grind w/Project X 6.5

TM 64* Hi Toe w/Project X 6.5

Odyssey Tank 7 w/Superstroke Mid Slim 2.0

Pro V1x

Howdy. 

I hail from Tallahassee Florida and am a member at Capital City Country Club. I have an unrequited love of this silly game. I'm establishing a handicap that should end up in the high single digits this year. 

I came after seeing the work the guys are doing. Specifically the flagstick in or out test, the ball test (which has me positively SHOOK), and I'm looking forward to the wet wedge results. I'm here to contribute where I can and firmly believe that sharing empirical data not conjecture is how people improve their equipment in this game even if feel is still king of the swing. 

Thanks for having me. I'll try not to s*** the bed. 

• Like 2

Howdy. 
I hail from Tallahassee Florida and am a member at Capital City Country Club. I have an unrequited love of this silly game. I'm establishing a handicap that should end up in the high single digits this year. 
I came after seeing the work the guys are doing. Specifically the flagstick in or out test, the ball test (which has me positively SHOOK), and I'm looking forward to the wet wedge results. I'm here to contribute where I can and firmly believe that sharing empirical data not conjecture is how people improve their equipment in this game even if feel is still king of the swing. 
Thanks for having me. I'll try not to s*** the bed. 

Welcome aboard from Georgia 🏌️♂️

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

On 2/11/2019 at 5:25 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:
  • How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  30+ years.  7.

• What do you love about golf?  Comraderie and competition. 

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Articles and alerts via Facebook

• Where are you from? What is your home course?  Columbia, SC. Mid Carolina Club, Prosperity, SC

• What are the best and worst things about golf in your REGION?  Best-weather (year round golf}) .  Worst-summer heat! 

• What do you do for a living?  Retired

• How’d you pick your user name?  Birdiecock-golfing South Carolina Gamecock. 

• Like 1

Welcome aboard! 🏌️♂️

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

I have been lurking on sites such as this for 20 + years. I have seen this blog develop over the years as well as some of the others but started with BSG years ago. Im from Michigan but have relocated to the Central region of FL. Use to play to a 3 now since Im learning new grasses, getting older and any other excuse I can come up with 8.9 index. Bermuda greens and grain have my brain in a complete panic!

Was given my nickname from a friend back in the late 70's/early 80's due to my behavior....wink, wink! Now I go to sleep at 9 and drool on myself!

• Like 1

I have been lurking on sites such as this for 20 + years. I have seen this blog develop over the years as well as some of the others but started with BSG years ago. Im from Michigan but have relocated to the Central region of FL. Use to play to a 3 now since Im learning new grasses, getting older and any other excuse I can come up with 8.9 index. Bermuda greens and grain have my brain in a complete panic!
Was given my nickname from a friend back in the late 70's/early 80's due to my behavior....wink, wink! Now I go to sleep at 9 and drool on myself!

Welcoming aboard!

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

New to the Forum and glad to be here...

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing since I was 4 years old, my father introduced me to the game.  I play to a 3 HDCP.

2. What do you love about golf? Other than sharing it with my Father, I enjoy the comradery of others on the course.  It doesn't matter if your scratch or shoot in the 100's, we all enjoy the same game equally. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I enjoy learning about the game of golf from equipment, to course management and social diversity that it brings.  I do not know any other Spies at this time, looking forward to meeting many of them.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from New Bern NC which is about 45 minutes from the Southern Outer Banks and just under 3 hours to Myrtle Beach SC.  My home course is The Emerald Golf and Country Club here in New Bern.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: Year round golf!!! Worst: The humidity here in late Summer is about 110%.  

6. What do you do for a living? I am a Quality Engineer for Bosch Home Appliances.

7.  How’d you pick your user name? It is my first initial and last name combined with my favorite number, which is also the day my first daughter was born. 

Hit'em straight and not too often!!!