Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Midwest: MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, WV

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

This is the start of my second full season playing golf. I wrapped up last season with 100 as my consistent lowest. This year I've been under 100 3 out of the last 4 times so it's trending downward.

What do you love about golf?

The difficulty of it, the you versus the course nature, and the responsibility the games gives you for being in charge of everything you do on the course.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I'm a bit of a technology/gear junky. I'm always interested in what's coming out and how it really compares to everything else out there. Also, I really don't want to fall for any weird marketing gimmicks; I want to make sure that I'm picking the best gear for my game.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I'm from Chicago, IL. I call a few courses home since those are where I practice quite a bit. Billy Caldwell, Des Plaines Golf Center, and Fresh Meadows Golf Course.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Well being in the Windy City one of the biggest issues is wind. Also, course here can be really odd it seems with really drive packed sections of the course and then turning into wet softer conditions.

What do you do for a living?

I'm an IT Manager for a technology company.

How’d you pick your user name?

It's my first name and last initial.

38 minutes ago, CandidoM said:

This is the start of my second full season playing golf. I wrapped up last season with 100 as my consistent lowest. This year I've been under 100 3 out of the last 4 times so it's trending downward.

The difficulty of it, the you versus the course nature, and the responsibility the games gives you for being in charge of everything you do on the course.

I'm a bit of a technology/gear junky. I'm always interested in what's coming out and how it really compares to everything else out there. Also, I really don't want to fall for any weird marketing gimmicks; I want to make sure that I'm picking the best gear for my game.

I'm from Chicago, IL. I call a few courses home since those are where I practice quite a bit. Billy Caldwell, Des Plaines Golf Center, and Fresh Meadows Golf Course.

Well being in the Windy City one of the biggest issues is wind. Also, course here can be really odd it seems with really drive packed sections of the course and then turning into wet softer conditions.

I'm an IT Manager for a technology company.

It's my first name and last initial.

Welcome to MGS!

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Been playing for about 25yrs but things like grad school and travel for work cut out playing time for a number of years.  Got back to playing regularly the last year or so.  Been shooting 90-95. 

2. What do you love about golf?

The whole process of playing…figuring distance/wind/lie etc., selecting a club, that satisfying “thwack” of a well struck shot, the ball sailing through the air and anticipating where is it will land, thinking about your next shot while walking to your ball, and then repeating the whole process over and over.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

The tests/reviews are very well written.  Hey I need something to read when I'm at work.  No.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

Illinois.  I don’t stick to one course.  There are 5 within a 20min drive of my house.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best:  All the flat bits of land are mostly dedicated to farming and/or housing developments which leaves some interesting areas (containing hills and water) to be used for golf courses.

Worst:  Winter.

6. What do you do for a living?

Accountant

7. How’d you pick your user name?

I’ve used it before on other forums.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap?

I have been playing golf for about seven years now. I started swinging golf clubs after I finished playing baseball, so my golf swing was not the greatest. I could not keep my head down on the ball, and I would flare out extremely with my left shoulder. Over those years, I have been able to put together a solid swing. I'm working on my mechanics daily. I still struggle like most to string together pars with the occasional birdie. My handicap hovers around +18.

I love golf's mental grind. Every shot you have to be so mentally focused and locked in. Being able to hit great shots gives me a satisfaction that I love. Also, being able to drink beer and have a good time with your buddies is what I love about golf.

A friend of mine told me about MyGolfSpy and the community, so I wanted to see it for myself and get involved.

I am from Fort Wayne, IN, and I would have to say my home course was Lakeside golf course before it closed, but now I play at various courses around the city.

Best thing about golf in my region is the availability. There's always time to play 9 or 18. Worst thing, courses are beginning to close down due to expansion of those areas and the lack of interest in golf, which really is unfortunate.

I'm currently a manager for a restaurant in downtown Fort Wayne, but plan on finding a new position in Business Operations.

My username is a nickname I have had for years, and it is also my xbox gamertag.

Iron specs: Standard Length

Driver specs: 9.5⁰, Extra Stiff

Dexterity: Right Handed

Where You Live: Fort Wayne, IN

Handicap: +15

I have been playing golf for about seven years now. I started swinging golf clubs after I finished playing baseball, so my golf swing was not the greatest. I could not keep my head down on the ball, and I would flare out extremely with my left shoulder. Over those years, I have been able to put together a solid swing. I'm working on my mechanics daily. I still struggle like most to string together pars with the occasional birdie. My handicap hovers around +18.

I love golf's mental grind. Every shot you have to be so mentally focused and locked in. Being able to hit great shots gives me a satisfaction that I love. Also, being able to drink beer and have a good time with your buddies is what I love about golf.

A friend of mine told me about MyGolfSpy and the community, so I wanted to see it for myself and get involved.

I am from Fort Wayne, IN, and I would have to say my home course was Lakeside golf course before it closed, but now I play at various courses around the city.

Best thing about golf in my region is the availability. There's always time to play 9 or 18. Worst thing, courses are beginning to close down due to expansion of those areas and the lack of interest in golf, which really is unfortunate.

I'm currently a manager for a restaurant in downtown Fort Wayne, but plan on finding a new position in Business Operations.

My username is a nickname I have had for years, and it is also my xbox gamertag.

Phillllll!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

Made an intro in the Southwest thread as well, but since I am still in Illinois for the next month or two, I thought I would say hello here!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    16 years, but I only go out once or twice a summer.

2. What do you love about golf?
    I love golf carts, and have built many custom ones. I figure it's time to start taking this sport more seriously so I can go out with my buddies rather than just building their carts.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    Well made forum. Looks high quality. Easy to navigate. Large member base! Don't know any other spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
    Chicago (Schaumburg... but currently leaving this place for Arizona!). No home course. Have played several around here though, including Medinah and River Forest Country Club.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    Winter here SUCKS!

6. What do you do for a living?
    Car wash industry.

7. How’d you pick your user name?
    Who doesn't love John Candy? Haha. The big guy was gone too soon.

I have played golf since I was about 3 years old when I started tagging along with my dad.  I haven't kept a handicap for years just because I'm too cheap to pay for the service and since I have been moving around I haven't been a member at one golf course for long.  When I kept my handicap I was +0.8.  I usually shoot between 70-75.  If the putter works it could be less and if I blow up it could be more.

I love how it is never the same.  You can never play it perfect.  I love that you can take it extremely serious or have a party.  There is not another sport with the history, growth and opportunity as this one.

I am a bit of a nerd when it comes to equipment.  I want to know everything there is about the clubs.  I think that is what I enjoyed the most when I was in the golf business.  Long hours and low pay ended that career relatively quick.  I miss having my hands on different equipment everyday and discussing it with others why I liked or disliked  product.

I am originally from St. Joseph, MO.  I have moved around a bit and I'm currently in Quincy, IL.  I played a lot last year at Westview Golf Course in Quincy, IL (Home of the Pepsi Little Peoples that has hosted junior golfers such as Tiger Woods and many others.)  This year I have been branching out and trying all the little courses in the area.

The best things are the extremes in styles of golf.  You can play a very classical country club one day and the other is you can play a farmer build country course that is only 9 holes.  It is fun because you have to play entirely different styles of golf depending on where you go.  The worst part that I have noticed about this area is lack of stroke play tournaments or even competitive tournaments.  Everything is a scramble for a charity.  There are not any two man or stroke play tournaments.  At least I don't know about any of them.

I am the General Manager of a street store for Fastenal in Hannibal, MO.  We work a lot of hours so play during the week is limited.  I make the best of it I can on weekends.

huckle was part of a nickname as a child and of course we all love golf.

• Guests

I've been playing golf for 16 years. I usually shoot in the mid tip high 70's I've shot 68 twice.  I play golf with Michael Riley in a golf league and he turned me onto my golf spy. I live in the western upper peninsula of Michigan. My home course is gigantic country club. The best thing about our region for golf is that it's easy to get on a course, most courses by mr. Are inexpensive.  There is no smell of industry in the air so it's a very natural feel when your out on the course. The worst thing about golf in the U.P. is the shortness of the window for comfortable golf.  Spring and fall have very harsh golfing weather.  Then when it gets to 80-90s it gets very muggy do too the big lake being so close to us. Or course is always wet so it makes you focus closely on ball swimming which I think helps in the long run, but it's frustrating during tournaments and stuff. I work at a millroom finishing metal castings.  It's just me name lol. 

Hello from Michigan!

1. How long have you been playing golf? I played around with my dad's clubs at the driving range when I was 16. I got my own 'Play it again' set of clubs that Summer and played pretty consistently until my late twenties when I was married and started having kids. I didn't play much at all for about 15 years. Then the Summer of 2017 my son expressed some interest so I got us some lessons together with a local PGA instructor. My son lost interest and my obsession was renewed leading to spending lots of money on the game of golf. What’s your handicap or normal score? I mostly play online in simulation golf with my SkyTrak where my handicap went from mid to high 20s to about 17 now.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the fact that the best players in the world are just like us. They don't run 4.4 40 yard dashes or don't have a 40+ inch vertical and can dunk the basketball. Also, despite what the media claims, there is no way Brooks Koepka can bench press 225 15 times...no way!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I really appreciate the reviews and testing and believe that MyGolfSpy is unbiased. Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know yet, I am guessing I will recognize some usernames from golfsimulatorforum.com

4. Where are you from? Originally from Columbus, Ohio, but now I live in the State up North. What is your home course? I play more in my garage with simulation golf so I don't have a regular course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I think lack of proper golf etiquette is the worst thing about my region. There seems to be more people that don't respect the game, the course, or other players. The best thing is probably what makes golf easier than other places where I have played is lack of change in elevation.

6. What do you do for a living? RN

7. How’d you pick your user name? It is my email address and something I use for everything

1 hour ago, cmckelvmi said:

Hello from Michigan!

1. How long have you been playing golf? I played around with my dad's clubs at the driving range when I was 16. I got my own 'Play it again' set of clubs that Summer and played pretty consistently until my late twenties when I was married and started having kids. I didn't play much at all for about 15 years. Then the Summer of 2017 my son expressed some interest so I got us some lessons together with a local PGA instructor. My son lost interest and my obsession was renewed leading to spending lots of money on the game of golf. What’s your handicap or normal score? I mostly play online in simulation golf with my SkyTrak where my handicap went from mid to high 20s to about 17 now.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the fact that the best players in the world are just like us. They don't run 4.4 40 yard dashes or don't have a 40+ inch vertical and can dunk the basketball. Also, despite what the media claims, there is no way Brooks Koepka can bench press 225 15 times...no way!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I really appreciate the reviews and testing and believe that MyGolfSpy is unbiased. Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know yet, I am guessing I will recognize some usernames from golfsimulatorforum.com

4. Where are you from? Originally from Columbus, Ohio, but now I live in the State up North. What is your home course? I play more in my garage with simulation golf so I don't have a regular course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I think lack of proper golf etiquette is the worst thing about my region. There seems to be more people that don't respect the game, the course, or other players. The best thing is probably what makes golf easier than other places where I have played is lack of change in elevation.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It is my email address and something I use for everything

Welcome to That state up North from a fellow Ohioan transplant.

Hello from Michigan!

Hi! Keep planting Buckeyes up north!

Driver: Titleist 915D3 Diamana White XS
FW: Cobra Fly-Z 16.5 Adila Proto XS
Hybrid: Adams Boxer Proto Gold 19 Adila Proto XS
Irons: Titleist 714 CB 4-PW DG X100
Wedges: Vokey 50-54-58
Putter: Odyssey Versa #7

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? My name is Dean and I have been playing golf since I was 7 years old. I am currently 28. My handicap is roughly 12-14, and my scores can vary depending on what courses I am playing. 

2. What do you love about golf? What I love about golf is the ability to play it with the people I care about. My grandfather who passed away introduced the game to my father and myself when I was 7 and I have been playing golf with my dad ever since. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I have been a huge fan on Instagram seeing all your posts and ratings of clubs and balls. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Cincinnati Ohio. And I don't really have a home course. I play wherever I want to when I can get out. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is the amount of courses around me and also how the designs vary so much. The worst thing has to be the condition of the courses I play. 

6. What do you do for a living? I am a project controls specialist. I currently do scheduling and cost Management for a large energy corporation. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? I haven't picked a user name so I should get on that. 

On 2/11/2019 at 5:27 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Midwest Region

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing golf for 25 years. My handicap is currently a 2.

2. What do you love about golf? I enjoy being out in nature. I also enjoy meeting the good people golf attracts.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I joined golf spy to expand my golf knowledge. I do not know any other spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Lansing,Mi. My home course is willowwood in Portland,Mi.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best would be the variety of golf Michigan offers.the worst in winter.

6. What do you do for a living? I work in a warehouse environment.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's my nickname. 

On 2/11/2019 at 4:27 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Midwest Region

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing golf for 40 years and I still stink! My handicap is a 16.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the openness of the outdoors in the warm winds the summer breeze has. Playing in Minnesota and especially northern Minnesota and Wisconsin we get to see a lot of wildlife too.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? My quest to continuing getting better and lowering my score. I was hoping my girls by would help me round out my game, equipment, and mentality to win.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Live in Farmington Minnesota which is a little bit south east of the Twin Cities and I live next to a course pretty close called Southern Hills. Also play or Emerald Greens, Valleywood, And Crystal Lake.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The worst thing about golfing in Minnesota is we can’t go if you’re around.  When the Spring comes around in the snow when ice melt everybody comes out. It can get crowded sometimes

6. What do you do for a living? I am a disabled Marine veteran and a recently retired schoolteacher who has trouble getting clubs fitted because it’s a little bit… Complicated.

7. How’d you pick your user name? My nickname in high school and the last four digits of the phone number I had growing up in Fort Madison Iowa.

8. SK0L VIKINGS!!!!!

38C90FAC-AE11-4B3C-BA44-D33EE37C2DE9.jpeg

On 2/22/2019 at 2:42 PM, Xdmike20 said:

Hello everyone! My name is Mike. I am 40 and live in the awesome state of OHIO! I currently live in Columbus and I carry a 4 handicap. I try and play a few times a month now that I am back in school and have two jobs. I am coming back from a 10 year break away from the game. I used to be a titleist junky but I have been converted to a cobra guy. I love the stuff they are coming out with. I currently play the pro cb's from 2008 and they are amazing. For someone that plays a real player's iron the technology hasn't changed too much in the last couple decades it seems. 

Welcome Mike. You happen to be a Browns fan?

On 4/11/2019 at 10:22 PM, iPhillycheese said:

OMG I LOVE Philly Cheesesteaks! Welcome to MGS. Gotta go Im hungry now.  

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Less than 1 year (yes very late into the game) and normally around 100's so far..

2. What do you love about golf? The fact that each day on the course is beautiful no matter how bad you do. It always beats a day in the office.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Since I'm new, I've been doing a lot of review searches and came across this site many times.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Illinois - Pheasant Run in Geneva is my home course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Worst is the flooding, best is the amount of courses in the area.

6. What do you do for a living? Civil Engineer

7. How’d you pick your user name? Dates back to my hockey days!

9 minutes ago, Goalienut said:

Pheasant Run in Geneva is my home course.

Welcome!

I have a friend that lives in Batavia. The last time I played out there we played Settler's Hill and Prairie Landing. I enjoyed both, but the weather was brutal the day we played Prairie Landing (35 degrees and 30 mph winds and only #18 was truly downwind)).

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

7 hours ago, Goalienut said:
  1. What do you love about golf? The fact that each day on the course is beautiful no matter how bad you do. It always beats a day in the office.

Welcome to MGS! This is what it's all about!

Allow myself to reintroduce myself. Sorry, I couldn't resist My name is Eric. Its been a long time since I've been in here. Glad to be back. I'm still sort of new to the game (started playing in 2017), but I love it I'm looking to play more so I can get better.

So if anyone can tolerate playing with a cat who still sometimes skips the ball across the green and hits low arching shots, I'm your man!

I just got fit for my Wilson 300c irons in January and I really dig em I need to snag my D7 driver, and maybe fairway woods and hybrids. I love my Browns, Buckeyes, Cabsy, Indians and CBJ!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Even on days when I play terribly, I still love this great game.

Wilson C300 5-sw

Old TaylorMade driver and putter. Need to update both!

Allow myself to reintroduce myself. Sorry, I couldn't resist My name is Eric. Its been a long time since I've been in here. Glad to be back. I'm still sort of new to the game (started playing in 2017), but I love it I'm looking to play more so I can get better.

So if anyone can tolerate playing with a cat who still sometimes skips the ball across the green and hits low arching shots, I'm your man!

I just got fit for my Wilson 300c irons in January and I really dig em I need to snag my D7 driver, and maybe fairway woods and hybrids. I love my Browns, Buckeyes, Cabsy, Indians and CBJ!

Welcome and go Bucks

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

1 hour ago, wordtalkpro said:

Allow myself to reintroduce myself. Sorry, I couldn't resist emoji1787.png My name is Eric. Its been a long time since I've been in here. Glad to be back. I'm still sort of new to the game (started playing in 2017), but I love it emoji1487.png I'm looking to play more so I can get better.

I just got fit for my Wilson 300c irons in January and I really dig em emoji1487.png I need to snag my D7 driver, and maybe fairway woods and hybrids. I love my Browns, Buckeyes, Cabsy, Indians and CBJ!

Welcome! Are you in NE Ohio?

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Thx! Akron is my hometown, but I live in Columbus

Even on days when I play terribly, I still love this great game.

Wilson C300 5-sw

Old TaylorMade driver and putter. Need to update both!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Been playing around 40 years, 35 on actual courses.  Handicap is around 11.  

2. What do you love about golf?  It’s all dependent on what you do.  No refs, no judges, just you.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  The great reviews and information.  I may know some and have no idea  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Grandville Mi area.   Don’t have a home course.  Kids are old enough starting to play more often again.  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Summer golf is great   Winter sucks.  

6. What do you do for a living?  Engineer

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Um, see above.

8. was very disappointed with a driver fitting I had over a year ago.  Knew I should get fit, loved the data, after learning more discovered they did a terrible job.  Thankfully, they suggested my gamer was worth keeping as for $400 it wasn’t worth the extra 0.3 yards.  

9. Used the ping app, discussed on the site to fit myself for a putter last month.   Have always played a blade and tempo said go to a mallet.  Slight arc.   Tried the winner from Dicks.  Wasn’t very good with it.  Tried ping, odessey, and everything else.   At a small local shop saw a evenroll er5 and tried it for laughs as that is way out of my budget ( I’m cheap).  Fit perfect and putted great with it that the other people probably thought I was nuts laughing so much.  A 34 5/8 would be a proper length for me.  I just chocked down a little.  Checked the price on the er5 and $150.  I asked the guy at the counter if it was mismarked  and he said “nope”.  It’s in my bag and I will track the changes, hopefully for the better.  

Edited by keveng

PXG gen2X, 10.5, Adila NV nxt 65s

Tour Edge CBX 3t 16.5, HZDUS Yellow 6.0S

3&4 hybrid Cobra AmpCell S shaft

5-PW Callaway Mavrik Pro, Project X LZ 105 6.0

GW&SW Cobra AmpCell TT Dynalite 90 S

60 Bettinardi forged, TT Gold S200

Srixon ZStar

Welcome to MGS!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

How long have you been playing golf?

My dad bought me my first set of clubs when I was about 8. From there I used my mom's hand me downs and played off and on. I worked at a golf course the summers I was in college and that helped me get back into it. I would say for the last nine years I have become more of a 'golfer'. Also, my husband @palvord is addicted to golf, so if I wanted to spend time with him, it was going to be on the course.

What’s your handicap or normal score?

I would say my handicap is about 17. I used to be happy with any round under 100. My goal this year is to break 90, which I have been oh so close!

I love that it is something you don't need a large group to play with. Growing up, I played a lot of team sports, and golf is something you can do by yourself or with just one other person. Also, your game is your game, no one else impacts how you perform other than yourself.

I also love being outdoors. In Michigan we don't get a ton of beautiful sunshiny days, so when we do I like to be out enjoying the great outdoors. Golf is a great way to appreciate the world around you.

Also, a sport you can drink while doing? Sign me up.

My husband @palvord spends a lot of time on this forum so I thought I would see what it's all about. Also, ladies golf too! So I wanted to give you all the female perspective on golf.

Born and raised Michigan girl, grew up in the southern thumb and now reside in Royal Oak. I don't have a home course as I am not in a league and really pick my course based off 1) where the deals are and 2) where my husband wants to play. I do the majority of my golfing in Northern Michigan which is my absolute favorite.  

Michigan has some world class golf courses, and at reasonable prices. I prefer courses in Northern Michigan, as the terrain, scenery, and lack of people are better than you get in Metro Detroit. The worst part, of course, is the weather. We only have a few months to play our great courses, so everybody and their brother is on them.  

I live the very exciting life of a commercial lender. Never saw myself in corporate America, let alone at a Bank, but here I am. I am very fortunate my career allows me to call the golf course my 'office' some days.  

Well, I am a lady, my first name starts with a J, and I am an eighties baby.

Edited by LadyJ87

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:40 PM, wordtalkpro said:

Thx! Akron is my hometown, but I live in Columbus

I think I've conquered the ummms, now have to remove the "and" and "so"

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.