TESTERS WANTED! ×

Midwest: MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, WV

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

• How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Playing for 18 years. Normal score 90

• What do you love about golf? The challenge to get better, but maintain fun

• What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Was looking at equipment reviews when was purchasing a driver. Not know anyone else

• Where are you from? What is your home course? From Cincinnati. Usually play Blue Ash Golf Course 

•  What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is affordable very good courses and can play to 9 during the summer. Worst is November to February 

• What do you do for a living? Family doctor

•  How’d you pick your user name? Boring, just my name

WITB

TS2 10.5 

M2 3HL

Mavrik Max 5W

Titleist 818 4 hybrid 

Mizuno JPX921 HMP 5-Gap

Mizuno S19 56

Maltby TSW 60

Bobby Grace Shiloh putter

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've played a little as I was younger, maybe a few times over the summer starting in middle school and high school (8-9 years ago). The last few years I've starting playing a lot more and really trying to improve, which is what led me here! I am currently putting together some full rounds to get my handicap on "The Grint" app, but typically shoot somewhere mid to upper 40's.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the constant improvement and all the intricacies, as well as the social aspect. I was a HS sports person, so now that I'm "grown up" (mostly 😉) I love that golf gives me something to work on and try to improve, and that gets me active and outside.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Only if they're really good spies, because I don't know of any! I ran across the forum amidst my random internet golf meandering about equipment or improvement or something along those lines. Liked what I saw and thought it'd be cool to be a part of the community so here I am!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from West Michigan, and don't currently have a home course. College debt has me basically playing wherever I can manage to find deals, but I end up playing North Kent, Arrowhead, and Candlestone probably most frequently at the moment.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Well, it's tough for me to compare because I've never lived anywhere else, but the winter definitely kills a lot of golf activity, that's for sure!

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a mechanical engineer at a design consultant firm.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Well, it's basically my default when I'm not feeling creative, not a whole lot more to it than that!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

6 hours ago, ncwoz said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've played a little as I was younger, maybe a few times over the summer starting in middle school and high school (8-9 years ago). The last few years I've starting playing a lot more and really trying to improve, which is what led me here! I am currently putting together some full rounds to get my handicap on "The Grint" app, but typically shoot somewhere mid to upper 40's.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the constant improvement and all the intricacies, as well as the social aspect. I was a HS sports person, so now that I'm "grown up" (mostly 😉) I love that golf gives me something to work on and try to improve, and that gets me active and outside.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Only if they're really good spies, because I don't know of any! I ran across the forum amidst my random internet golf meandering about equipment or improvement or something along those lines. Liked what I saw and thought it'd be cool to be a part of the community so here I am!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from West Michigan, and don't currently have a home course. College debt has me basically playing wherever I can manage to find deals, but I end up playing North Kent, Arrowhead, and Candlestone probably most frequently at the moment.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Well, it's tough for me to compare because I've never lived anywhere else, but the winter definitely kills a lot of golf activity, that's for sure!

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a mechanical engineer at a design consultant firm.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Well, it's basically my default when I'm not feeling creative, not a whole lot more to it than that!

Welcome to MGS from another West Michigander. I'm sure you'll like it here. Hopefully it dries out here soon. Getting frustrated with all of the rain so far this season.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

11 hours ago, edingc said:

Getting frustrated with all of the rain so far this season.

Gosh, no kidding! I came back from the range a few weeks ago and my wife thought I had been offroading with all the mud speckles on my face. Hopefully we get a good ole Michigan summer pretty soon here.

Right Handed

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

WITB thread here

Indeed you have, Jim. "So" isn't so bad. I know i use it often, too. I also use/say "Right?" a lot. I'm working on it

I think I've conquered the ummms, now have to remove the "and" and "so"

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Even on days when I play terribly, I still love this great game.

Wilson C300 5-sw

Old TaylorMade driver and putter. Need to update both!

• 2 weeks later...

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Been playing golf off and on ~25 years but I started young, current handicap is 18 but steadily improving as I've been able to resume playing more often  

What do you love about golf?

I love being outside and the constant mental competition between yourself and the course 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Looking for a community to talk more about golf and continue to stay current on trends in the game

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I've lived all over the US currently in Morgantown, WV. Current home courses are the 2 courses at Lakeview resort

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Stunning views from the top of ridge lines through the foothills to the mountains, worst part finding a flat lie even on the tee boxes 

What do you do for a living?

Engineer, who of course likes to tinker more than prescribed for the game of golf, turns out for the all the tech in the world is useless if you don't swing close to on plane

How’d you pick your user name?

Initials and some other digits

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been golfing regularly since the beginning of this 2019. My current score for 18 Holes is is the mid/high 80s.
  2. What do you love about golf? I love how golf makes me think, and how it allows me to get out of the house without being bored.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? My love for the game and my self-determination to get better and expand my knowledge about the game brings me to MyGolfSpy. I currently do not know any other Spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Lansing, Michigan and I have a season membership at Eldorado Golf Course in Mason, Michigan.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best things about golf in Michigan is that it doesn't get too hot in the summer, so I can comfortably play golf whenever I please without having to worry about overheating. The worst thing about golf in my region is that the season starts in March and ends in October, meaning I cannot visit the course in the winter. Fortunately there has been an expansion of indoor golf simulators in the Lansing Area.

6. What do you do for a living? I am a student at Michigan State University and I work at Dick's Sporting Goods in the golf department. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's my gamertag.

Edited by Kbify

On 2/11/2019 at 5:27 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Midwest Region

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’v been playing golf since college where I was introduced to the game.   I’m retired now and enjoy my days either playing golf or officiating (Rules Offical) the game at various tournaments including a US Open Qualifier and US Senior Open Qualifier.

2.  What do you love about golf?  The challenge of you against the course and the elements. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I’ve seen some interesting videos from MyGolfSpy that I found of interest that benefit me on IG.  I thought why not participate and contribute vs sitting on the sidelines... give back and help!!! 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I’m from Texas, but reside in Noblesville, IN. where I live on a Jack Nicholas design course (Sagamore Golf Club).  It’s a tough course!!! 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The great thing about golf in this region (greater Indianapolis Area) is the number of golf courses to choose from.  I don’t see any down sides to golfing in the area! #positiveattitude 

6. What do you do for a living?  I’m retired and spend my days Playing Golf, Officiating Golf, Watching Golf or Mentoring young Professional/Individuals in their careers or positive direction in life. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? My user name describes where I spend my time.... involved in the game of Golf.  Playing or Officiating. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Started playing golf when I was 10 living in Clarksville, TN.  It was great as the city's rec department gave the kids some lessons and let us out on the muni courses.  Been playing for 35 years.  Handicap is 15.  

2. What do you love about golf?  The mental challenge of getting your entire game working over 18 holes.  Seems like if my putting and driving are in tune my iron play is not as good.  Staying in the moment and making the best shots I can.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  I like the information as I am an engineer by education.  The more independent info available allows for better decisions but us the consumers.  I do not know any other spies

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Cincinnati OH.  No home course, play everywhere. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Cincinnati has a ton of good golf courses and feel likely to be here.  Winter...well I think that is self explanatory.

6. What do you do for a living?  Sales

7. How’d you pick your user name?  KISS - Keep IT Simple Stupid

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing golf since I was 12. My handicap is a 3.4

2. What do you love about golf? I love everything about golf.....especially birdies and eagles!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know any other spirs, buy I have been a frequent visitor to the site. I enjoy reading the forums and getting information on new equipment that is hitting the market

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I grew up in the southern tip of Illinois. Carbondale, IL. My home course is Hickory Ridge. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing about golf in my region is that we have many golf courses that are close by. You can get a tee time without issues. The bad thing is that many of the courses are not in great shape. The greens are soft and spongy, the fairways are patchy. Hickory Ridge is the only course where that is not the case

6. What do you do for a living? I am a Physician Assistant

7. How’d you pick your user name? My name is my nickname. The number was my jersey number in little league basketball

On 5/16/2019 at 10:57 PM, keveng said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Been playing around 40 years, 35 on actual courses.  Handicap is around 11.  

2. What do you love about golf?  It’s all dependent on what you do.  No refs, no judges, just you.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  The great reviews and information.  I may know some and have no idea  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  Grandville Mi area.   Don’t have a home course.  Kids are old enough starting to play more often again.  

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Summer golf is great   Winter sucks.  

6. What do you do for a living?  Engineer

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Um, see above.

8. was very disappointed with a driver fitting I had over a year ago.  Knew I should get fit, loved the data, after learning more discovered they did a terrible job.  Thankfully, they suggested my gamer was worth keeping as for $400 it wasn’t worth the extra 0.3 yards.  

9. Used the ping app, discussed on the site to fit myself for a putter last month.   Have always played a blade and tempo said go to a mallet.  Slight arc.   Tried the winner from Dicks.  Wasn’t very good with it.  Tried ping, odessey, and everything else.   At a small local shop saw a evenroll er5 and tried it for laughs as that is way out of my budget ( I’m cheap).  Fit perfect and putted great with it that the other people probably thought I was nuts laughing so much.  A 34 5/8 would be a proper length for me.  I just chocked down a little.  Checked the price on the er5 and $150.  I asked the guy at the counter if it was mismarked  and he said “nope”.  It’s in my bag and I will track the changes, hopefully for the better.  

Welcome, fellow Grand Rapids-er! Us engineers seem to be pretty common in this neck of the woods;) Just curious, where did you get your driver fitting done? I've been starting to look at getting fit, but haven't heard a ton of reviews from places in the area. Heard Maple Hill was solid, and don't necessarily want to drive over to the east side of the state or Chicago to know it'll be a quality fitting...

Right Handed

WITB thread here

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all and thanks for reading.

I first swung a club in my early teens. Would borrow my Dad's clubs to hit the range or play 9 with my friends. That is until I was hitting his wood driver and the face insert flew down range half as far as the ball. At that point it was time for my own clubs. In my early 20's I bought my own clubs and would play a few times a year. It wasn't until mid to late 30's that truly fell in love with golf.  Now I've invested more time and money into the game which I feel is close to paying off. 

I usually play 9 to 27 holes a week.  Golf league on Thursday at Evansville Golf Club and my friends and I try to get 18 in on weekends. Actually missing 18 with the boys right now due to work obligations.  Not sure of my handicap but I generally shoot 45-48 for 9. Again, I feel I'm close to that being low 40's. 

Golf is therapeutic to me. I work on the service business where the only reason people talk to me is because something is wrong. Golf lets me get away from that. At times it frustrates the hell out of my but when you pick one clean or have this gorgeous ball flight or stick one close it feels so calming. Of course, I want to break a club when I chunk one from 100 yards out.

I found MSG last year as I was starting to rework my bag. Found reviews very helpful in putting me on the path to find clubs that would work for me. Truth is, there is just so much out there and being able to pick 3-4 brands to choose from to test helped not feel so overwhelmed. 

I live in Madison, WI and love it. There are at least 15 courses within a 20-25 minute drive for me. No shortage of options. Some better than others. As I said before, I play Evansville every week the usually The Oaks, Door Creek, Pleasant View, Meadows at Six Mile on weekends.  I really should explore more courses. If anyone wants to join let me know. Need more playing partners.

I work for wholesale company in the skilled trades as an Operations Manager. Started with this company when I was 20 so I'm in my position because I know our customers and what they want & need. Not because I know how to manage operations.

As for my handle, my nickname is Tito and in my early 20's I was the diplomatic one of my all roommates.  During arguments or riffs I would be the voice of reason. One night after a few beers 1 of my roommates called me The Mayor. Hence MayorTito.

Edited by MayorTito

Cobra Speedzone 9* Hazardous Smoke Stiff

Cobra Speedzone 3 Wood Tensei Blue Stiff

Cobra F9 3 19* Hybrid

Ping 425 4 22* Hybrid

Mizuno JPX923 Hot Metal Pro 5-GW

Taylor Made MG3 54* & 58*

Cleveland Frontline Cero Putter

5 hours ago, MayorTito said:

I first swung a club in my early teens. Would borrow my Dad's clubs to hit the range or play 9 with my friends. That is until I was hitting his wood driver and the face insert flew down range half as far as the ball. At that point it was time for my own clubs. In my early 20's I bought my own clubs and would play a few times a year. It wasn't until mid to late 30's that truly fell in love with golf.  Now I've invested more time and money into the game which I feel is close to paying off. 

I usually play 9 to 27 holes a week.  Golf league on Thursday at Evansville Golf Club and my friends and I try to get 18 in on weekends. Actually missing 18 with the boys right now due to work obligations.  Not sure of my handicap but I generally shoot 45-48 for 9. Again, I feel I'm close to that being low 40's. 

Golf is therapeutic to me. I work on the service business where the only reason people talk to me is because something is wrong. Golf lets me get away from that. At times it frustrates the hell out of my but when you pick one clean or have this gorgeous ball flight or stick one close it feels so calming. Of course, I want to break a club when I chunk one from 100 yards out.

I found MSG last year as I was starting to rework my bag. Found reviews very helpful in putting me on the path to find clubs that would work for me. Truth is, there is just so much out there and being able to pick 3-4 brands to choose from to test helped not feel so overwhelmed. 

I live in Madison, WI and love it. There are at least 15 courses within a 20-25 minute drive for me. No shortage of options. Some better than others. As I said before, I play Evansville every week the usually The Oaks, Door Creek, Pleasant View, Meadows at Six Mile on weekends.  I really should explore more courses. If anyone wants to join let me know. Need more playing partners.

I work for wholesale company in the skilled trades as an Operations Manager. Started with this company when I was 20 so I'm in my position because I know our customers and what they want & need. Not because I know how to manage operations.

As for my handle, my nickname is Tito and in my early 20's I was the diplomatic one of my all roommates.  During arguments or riffs I would be the voice of reason. One night after a few beers 1 of my roommates called me The Mayor. Hence MayorTito.

Welcome!  I live in the Milwaukee area now but grew up near Madison and have played every course you mentioned.  If you aren't worried about spending a little cash University Ridge (Verona), Legend at Bergamont (Oregon), and Hawk's Landing (Verona) are all great Madison area courses.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

On 7/6/2019 at 10:17 AM, MayorTito said:

Welcome to MGS!

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Welcome to MGS - glad you found us.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? The first time I played, I was 16, but then stopped until I was 21, so...now that I am 43...that makes 22 years. I don't have registered handicap, I shoot in the High 70's Low 80's. 

2. What do you love about golf? I love that, for the most part, you get what you deserve. Your score is your own! Still you can be social and engaged, but the total is up to you. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I love the independence, honesty and reviews. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Michigan, no home course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The winter. The Summer.

6. What do you do for a living? Staffing.

7. How’d you pick your user name? I am who I am.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing golf for about 11 years. My normal score is in the mid to high 70s.

1. What do you love about golf?

I love the challenge of the game and that you can play it your whole life.  I also love how different you can make your golf experience compared with someone else. You can play in tournaments, leagues, outings, or just the weekend round.  You can have such a wide combination of equipment that is unique to you, which I think makes the game pretty fun. 

1. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

A friend of mine turned me on to MGS, and the honest product reviews and articles keep me coming back.

1. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I live in Lansing, MI.  The course I play most often is Willow Wood Golf Club, but when I head up north to the family cottage we like to play St. Ives, Katke, and a few others around the area.

1. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

I think the best things about Michigan golf is that your are never too far from a golf course and the scenery on some of the courses is just amazing.  The worst thing is easily that you only have a few good months of golfing weather.

1. What do you do for a living?

I manage a print shop.

1. How’d you pick your user name?

Pretty simple, just my name and the number I wore when I played sports growing up.

2 hours ago, Scott33 said:

I have been playing golf for about 11 years. My normal score is in the mid to high 70s.

1. What do you love about golf?

I love the challenge of the game and that you can play it your whole life.  I also love how different you can make your golf experience compared with someone else. You can play in tournaments, leagues, outings, or just the weekend round.  You can have such a wide combination of equipment that is unique to you, which I think makes the game pretty fun. 

1. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

A friend of mine turned me on to MGS, and the honest product reviews and articles keep me coming back.

1. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I live in Lansing, MI.  The course I play most often is Willow Wood Golf Club, but when I head up north to the family cottage we like to play St. Ives, Katke, and a few others around the area.

1. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

I think the best things about Michigan golf is that your are never too far from a golf course and the scenery on some of the courses is just amazing.  The worst thing is easily that you only have a few good months of golfing weather.

1. What do you do for a living?

I manage a print shop.

1. How’d you pick your user name?

Pretty simple, just my name and the number I wore when I played sports growing up.

Welcome to MGS from a fellow Michigander!

1.    How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing on and off since I was a kid but was mostly off for the last 10 years. A few years back I got a new set of clubs and started playing more. This year I am getting out as much as I can. Shooting just above 100 right now and working to get it down into the 90’s soon. Handicap right now is a cool 25.

2.    What do you love about golf?

I love golf because it demands your attention. Unlike other sports you cannot hide in golf. If you are not focused you will not hit well. 

3.    What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

For me it is the mission. Fair reviews are critical. So much of golf is about the name or the latest technology but what is that really going to do for your game, that is what I am looking for. 

4.    Where are you from? What is your home course?

I live north of Chicago and my home course is Crystal Lake Country Club.

5.    What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best is the course in the summer. Worst is winter. 

6.    What do you do for a living?

I am a director of strategy and analytics.

7.    How’d you pick your user name?

Because… the hammer putter why else. 

Driver:    :taylormade-small:  M2 9.5°

3 Wood:  :taylormade-small: Jetspeed

Irons:      :taylormade-small: RocketBallz 

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Mill Grind 2 50° - Tour Preferred EF 54° & 60°

Putter:    :taylormade-small: Ghost Tour Black Maranello

Ball :        :titelist-small:  ProV1

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I found this wonderful game in the spring and played my first 18 in early June of this year. I just broke 90 with an 89 on a Par 70 (Slope 122), and have been shooting in the mid-low 90s consistently now. My goal is to break into the 80s and stay.

2. What do you love about golf? Being outdoors, competing (against the course/myself), with friends. I frequently find myself asking 'what's not to love about golf?' and then I chunk an approach shot and want to throw a club.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Love the product reviews

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from the northwest suburbs of Chicago. I don't have a 'home' course that I play regularly because I'm new and still checking out as many area courses as I can, but I live closest to Bridges at Poplar Creek in Hoffman Estates, IL.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best? There seems to be a lot of quality courses anywhere you go. The worst? Winters.

6. What do you do for a living? I work in commercial finance for a building materials manufacturer.

7. How’d you pick your user name? My parents gave it to me. 🙂

How long have you been playing golf?

I picked up golf in the spring of 2004. I was stationed in Florida (USAF) and playing golf kept me out of trouble. 

What’s your handicap or normal score?

I haven’t kept a handicap since I moved to Indianapolis from Florida. It was at 7 and some change at that point. I stay between 74 and 78 pretty consistently.

It’s you vs you.  No one to blame but yourself when everything goes wrong. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy?

I kept finding myself on the boards so I thought I’d join.

Do you already know any other Spies?

I do not.

Where are you from?

Indianapolis-Fishers area

What is your home course?

I just moved to the area so I don’t have one yet.

Most certainly the winters

I’m a Realtor.  

How’d you pick your user name?

Dave Matthews Band 

Hello everyone. New member here. I haven’t played a round of golf in 14 seasons. Not because of marriage or a job.Just got fed up with the elitist crap that golf is mostly about.Was an extremely avid golfer for 20 plus years before that.One day I just had enough of the a holes that play this game and walked away. Slowly getting back into it and found this site researching equipment. Please be patient with my posts since I’ve been away from this game for so long.

thanks for letting me join. Dan 

Hello everyone. New member here. I haven’t played a round of golf in 14 seasons. Not because of marriage or a job.Just got fed up with the elitist crap that golf is mostly about.Was an extremely avid golfer for 20 plus years before that.One day I just had enough of the a holes that play this game and walked away. Slowly getting back into it and found this site researching equipment. Please be patient with my posts since I’ve been away from this game for so long.

Dan - welcome to the forum. Be sure to let us know where you're from, index, etc.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 8/8/2019 at 9:53 PM, Dmattband1225 said:

How long have you been playing golf?

I picked up golf in the spring of 2004. I was stationed in Florida (USAF) and playing golf kept me out of trouble. 

What’s your handicap or normal score?

I haven’t kept a handicap since I moved to Indianapolis from Florida. It was at 7 and some change at that point. I stay between 74 and 78 pretty consistently.

It’s you vs you.  No one to blame but yourself when everything goes wrong. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy?

I kept finding myself on the boards so I thought I’d join.

Do you already know any other Spies?

I do not.

Where are you from?

Indianapolis-Fishers area

What is your home course?

I just moved to the area so I don’t have one yet.

Most certainly the winters

I’m a Realtor.  

How’d you pick your user name?

Dave Matthews Band 

Welcome to MGS. Looking forward to having you in the forums.

1 hour ago, Dan66 said:

Welcome to MGS. Stick around and hopefully you'll find that golf is more fun and inclusive now.

How long? 

I played a few times growing up but started really trying to learn the game/build a swing in 2012. I've broken 90 only twice...I'm currently a 22, down from a 36 I guess. 

Love? 

The lifestyle, being outdoors, the attempt to get better at a frustrating game. 

What brought me here?

I like reading about equipment and tips to get lower scores. 

From?

Central Ohio. I don't really have a home course. I play relatively open courses to work on my game typically. 

Best and worst?

Hard to say what the best thing is. The worst thing is winter. 

Living?

I had a long career in national security/defense. I left the company for a small tech start-up and ended that after 3 years. I'm remodelling our house and will find something after the major portion is done (after golf season....shhhh)

User name?

I used to blow s*** up. 

How long? 
I played a few times growing up but started really trying to learn the game/build a swing in 2012. I've broken 90 only twice...I'm currently a 22, down from a 36 I guess. 
Love? 
The lifestyle, being outdoors, the attempt to get better at a frustrating game. 
What brought me here?
I like reading about equipment and tips to get lower scores. 
From?
Central Ohio. I don't really have a home course. I play relatively open courses to work on my game typically. 
Best and worst?
Hard to say what the best thing is. The worst thing is winter. 
Living?
I had a long career in national security/defense. I left the company for a small tech start-up and ended that after 3 years. I'm remodelling our house and will find something after the major portion is done (after golf season....shhhh)
User name?
I used to blow s*** up. 

Welcome to the forum from the northwest part of the state. FYI there are a bunch of guys here from Ohio, including central Ohio. Don't forget to show your location on the member map. Also@mattf is organizing an Ohio golf get together you might want to get in touch with him.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Welcome @Detonator. If you want to play with a couple of us on September 1st, check here: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/24925-ohio-getogether-september/page/11/?tab=comments#comment-564636

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!