TESTERS WANTED! ×

Midwest: MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, WV

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Welcome @Detonator. If you want to play with a couple of us on September 1st, check here: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/24925-ohio-getogether-september/page/11/?tab=comments#comment-564636

Thanks for the invite. I'm going to pass since I'm playing a comical brand of army golf right now. I've only gotten out about a half dozen times this year and while my game, in general, is tragically inconsistent, this year is something especially terrible. 

• 2 weeks later...

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I've playing golf regularly for about 10 years now and joined a league for the first time this year which has been great.  I'm currently at an 18 but trending down.  I've been as low as a 13 but then marriage, life, kids, etc...less golf...hoping to someday get that number back down again!

What do you love about golf?

Just about everything!  I love the challenge, the highs and lows, the tinkering with equipment, the amazing courses and views, but most of all the time spent with friends/family out on the course.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I was drawn by the equipment/gear reviews and what appears to be the most unbiased testing out there.  I recently stumbled upon the "No Putts Given" podcast and absolutely  love it.  I don't know any other Spies that I'm aware of.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Proudly from the great state of Michigan.  I grew up in Birch Run (between Flint and Saginaw) and currently live in Midland.  My league play is at Currie Municipal in Midland, but I try to play all over the state when I can.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best is easy...the amount of quality/beautiful/challenging/fun courses throughout Michigan.  The worst is obviously the crazy weather and short season (but I try to extend it as much as possible!).

What do you do for a living?

I'm a Physician Assistant currently working in Hand and Wrist surgery.

How’d you pick your user name?

Matthew (name) gv (went to Grand Valley State University) pa (I'm a Physician Assistant(PA))

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 10.5°, EvenFlow Black 65, 6.0

Woods:    :titelist-small: 915F, 15°, Aldila Rogue Black 80, Stiff

Hybrids:  :ping-small: G400, 17° & 19°, Ping Tour 85, Stiff

Irons:    :ping-small: G400, 5-GW PS, True Temper Dynamic Gold, S300

Wedges:   :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 52° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold, S300

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Toulon Design, Las Vegas H7 Stroke Lab

Bag:      :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5 LS 14-Way Stand Bag

Cart:     :Clicgear: 3.5+

Ball:     :titelist-small: Pro V1

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? (10 years or so, 11 handicap)

2. What do you love about golf? (Friendly competition, personal journey to improve, equipment tinkering)

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? (I enjoy tinkering, equipment reviews and drills/fitness to improve performance)

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? (Chicago, IL, no set home course)

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? (Best- summer and fall, worst- winter and spring. Golf can only be played so many months of the year. Courses are also generally flat, which can be a little boring)

6. What do you do for a living? (Sales) 

7. How’d you pick your user name? (Same way I picked my email)

-TK-

Hello everyone my names Mike! Pleasure to meet you all.

How long have you been playing golf?

This is my 3rd year playing golf. Bought an old set of ping eye2s off a friend for 100 dollars and I’ve been hooked ever since. Still using the same irons. Need an update.

What’s your handicap or normal score?

I don’t know what my handicap is I’d wager somewhere around 15. I normally shoot anywhere from low 80s 81 being my best to low 90s on a poor day

I love that it’s something I can do for a long, long time and continue to try and get better at. I wish I would’ve started as a kid, I loved baseball and football too much to give golf a fair chance.

Not to answer out of order but no I do not know any other spies. Not that I know of any way. I’m here to be part of a community, a place where I can learn and as mentioned I’m a little tired of my ping eye2s I’ve never tried any other iron but I feel I can improve my game enough with newer irons to have it bother me. Where else to be able to make the best choice than a place where people test things. 

I live in Bensenville, IL just by O’Hare airport. Right across the street from White Pines golf club. 

Honestly it’s all I know. I’ve never golfed outside of my area so I have nothing to compare it to. So I’ll just say weather, the weather sucks. It makes golf into a seasonal sport.

I’m a US Army veteran currently using my G.I. Bill to get into the sports media. I’ve directed and operated replay and camera for an independent baseball league called the American Association. I’ve also operated Replay and graphics for Windy City Bulls games the Chicago Bulls G-League Affiliate. Just getting started in the industry and still going to school so saving for a new set of irons is difficult.

First initial, Last name, my MOS or job in while in the Army 19d is a Cavalry Scout. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  (I just started this year and was lucky to play my first 18 holes at TPC Deer Run.)

2. What do you love about golf? ( that feeling of hitting that ball just right and watching it soar)

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? (Stumbles upon it on Instagram and I don’t know if any other spies)

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? (Grew up on the south side of Chicago and current live in Lombard IL. I would say my home course would be Indian boundaries, I’ve played there twice) 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? (The weather changes and you can’t play all year round)

6. What do you do for a living? (Truck driver)

7. How’d you pick your user name? (It’s my handle at work, everyone calls me popeye)

Im still very new to this game and I’m trying to learn as much as I can, so go easy on me with the lingo haha.  Still have much to learn and hopefully I can gain knowledge here.  My whole set consists of everything from play it again sports.  I hope to one day to get decent enough to have clubs fitted and actually have a low handicap.

Hello,

I was a professional Caddy until I was 28 but I didn't play golf until I was 32.  I am now 77, Lowest ever handicap was 7.  Due to injury, had to lay out 3 years (ages 72-75).  I am about a 15 now.  My "home" set (that I keep at my course) is M6 10.5 stiff tensei, 3w, ancient rocketballz stiff, stock.  adams 3H and 5H Cobra 4H.  Taylor Made MCGB (custom fit at TrueSpec 6-G, Milled Grind black 56 and 60, Two Ball Putter with conventional size grip (quit the too light oversize).  Very long for an old fart.  Good pitcher and bunker player.  Putter and chipping suffered from the break.  Srixon Z star or Snell MTB.  GripBoost gloves.

My Road Set is same driver 3w, same hybrids same putter, G-700 6-G.  Cleveland 56 and TM hi toe 60.  I was fitted for the G700's but I have found them too light in dead weight and swing weight.

I love to hear about other people's equipment.  And I love to share Caddy Stories.  I looped for Jock Hutchison, Sr., Johnny Revolta, Lanny Wadkins and Julius Boros.

Pet peeve is when television booth talks over the player caddy convo.

Best ball striker I have ever seen is not Lee Trevino or Moe Norman.  It is Joe Durant.

I am thrilled to be here.  Hi, Folks.

Hello,
I was a professional Caddy until I was 28 but I didn't play golf until I was 32.  I am now 77, Lowest ever handicap was 7.  Due to injury, had to lay out 3 years (ages 72-75).  I am about a 15 now.  My "home" set (that I keep at my course) is M6 10.5 stiff tensei, 3w, ancient rocketballz stiff, stock.  adams 3H and 5H Cobra 4H.  Taylor Made MCGB (custom fit at TrueSpec 6-G, Milled Grind black 56 and 60, Two Ball Putter with conventional size grip (quit the too light oversize).  Very long for an old fart.  Good pitcher and bunker player.  Putter and chipping suffered from the break.  Srixon Z star or Snell MTB.  GripBoost gloves.
My Road Set is same driver 3w, same hybrids same putter, G-700 6-G.  Cleveland 56 and TM hi toe 60.  I was fitted for the G700's but I have found them too light in dead weight and swing weight.
I love to hear about other people's equipment.  And I love to share Caddy Stories.  I looped for Jock Hutchison, Sr., Johnny Revolta, Lanny Wadkins and Julius Boros.
Pet peeve is when television booth talks over the player caddy convo.
Best ball striker I have ever seen is not Lee Trevino or Moe Norman.  It is Joe Durant.
I am thrilled to be here.  Hi, Folks.

Welcome! You'll find a few 'old farts' around here as well.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 2 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• I've been playing golf as long as I can remember. Currently a 6 handicap and usually shoot anywhere between 77-82

2. What do you love about golf?

• It's kind of an escape from the real world and it's something that you're always striving to get better at. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• Started listening to No Putts Given. I don't know any other spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

• I live in Columbus, OH. I don't have a home course but I just kind of bounce around and play a lot of the courses in the area. I play a course called Clover Valley probably more than any other. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• There are a lot of courses that I really like in my region and I love being able to play multiple courses that I enjoy. The worst thing is probably the weather. I hate having to deal with a long winter where I'm not able to play a lot. 

6. What do you do for a living?

• I am a Lease Accountant

7. How’d you pick your user name?

• Same as my Twitter handle

On 8/31/2019 at 12:43 PM, Matthewgvpa said:

Matthew (name) gv (went to Grand Valley State University) pa (I'm a Physician Assistant(PA))

Welcome from another Laker!

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? have been playing golf for about 7 years, started after I got back from Afghanistan as part of my anger therapy lol. Right now I play off of a 14.5 handicap 
  2. What do you love about golf?  It’s a sport that forces me to slow down and not use brute force (I played football, power-lifted competitively etc) and allows me to constantly improve something.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?                         My knowledge of spies is at best confidential, I love your guys site and now the podcast/ YouTube weekly show is something watch every Monday. Data collection and usage is something I love and you all do it in a way that far surpasses other review personnel.  

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?                                                               I’m from the great city of Chicago and I’d have to say The highlands of Elgin is my home course

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your area? Best thing about golf here is variety, many courses and different styles. Worst thing... that damn white stuff that falls every year! 

6. What do you do for a living?  I work in orthopedic medical device implants, logistic planning

7. How’d you pick your user name?  I was a combat medic in the army for 9 years 

Edited by Medic7769

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• I've been playing golf as long as I can remember. Currently a 6 handicap and usually shoot anywhere between 77-82

2. What do you love about golf?

• It's kind of an escape from the real world and it's something that you're always striving to get better at. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• Started listening to No Putts Given. I don't know any other spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

• I live in Columbus, OH. I don't have a home course but I just kind of bounce around and play a lot of the courses in the area. I play a course called Clover Valley probably more than any other. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• There are a lot of courses that I really like in my region and I love being able to play multiple courses that I enjoy. The worst thing is probably the weather. I hate having to deal with a long winter where I'm not able to play a lot. 

6. What do you do for a living?

• I am a Lease Accountant

7. How’d you pick your user name?

• Same as my Twitter handle

Welcome from northwest Ohio. Lots of Buckeyes on this forum.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1. ow long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started when I was in my mid-20's. My interest accelerated dramatically when i hit my 40's and technology started to help my game. Now I am an addict.

2. What do you love about golf? I love being with my friends. Being outdoors in fresh air. The competition of beating my previous scores or trying to lower my handicap. I have been on several European trips to places that I never would have seen if not for my love of golf and the good group of buddies that I am in with. My wife generally goes with me for a few days, she leaves...I play golf with my buds, everyone wins! I love the technology and the ability to improve despite getting older. I like the details as well as the overall good feeling of being out.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I have been aware of MGS for years. I have "lurked" and never signed up. I am finally signing up. I do not know any other spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Western Suburbs of Chicago. My current favorites are The Preserve at Oak Meadows and Village Links, but I play a wide variety of courses.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Summer is glorious. Winter sux.

6. What do you do for a living? I own a small sales company.

7. How’d you pick your user name? My name is somewhat common so i chose one more in line with my city.

:ping-small: G400 Max driver,  Alta CB shaft R

:callaway-small: heavenwood

:cobra-small: Hybrids - 3 and 4 set to different settings depending on course. Sometimes a Taylormade 4

Maltby STi2 irons 5-GW, Fujikura Shaft

:vokey-small: 54, 58

:taylormade-small: Ardmore 3 putter

How long have you been playing golf? 
Since I was a boy. Over 20 years

What’s your handicap or normal score?
Is this before or after getting married and having kids? 🙂
I'm happy with a 77. Give or take a few. 

The fact that anyone no matter the age or skill level can go out and have fun.
Take it one shot at a time. in gold and in life. 

I've been reading the forums for advice and reviews

I'm from Grosse Pointe, MI. Its a suburb outside of Detroit.

You cant beat golf in northern Michigan. The worst is the lack of
good weather to play. 

Comouter Engineer

It's the only thing could think of!
2012 is the year i was married and had my oldest son. 

Driver- Cobra Speedzone 9° default_cobra-small.jpg.bf0039c0fa211a003217e70e184035fa.jpg

Woods- Sub70 Pro 5-Wood   08e84065c69a5a06ed8fec52d91a.jpg.08662cdc8041ba1124fe725b926a5e95.jpg  

Utility- Titleist 718 T-MB 4 Utility  default_titelist-small.jpg.d620943db19c6c6f477d78c3e6dcfb1b.jpg

Irons- Sub70 649 MB Tour 5-PW, 699 Pro 2U  08e84065c69a5a06ed8fec52d91a.jpg.08662cdc8041ba1124fe725b926a5e95.jpg

Wedges- Cleveland Zipcore RTX 52°,56°, 60°  default_cleveland-small.jpg.0615c53919b7f92c3524630e353b33bb.jpg

Putter- Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 default_cameron-small.gif.dd99234f0267bb38c40c23053034a445.gif

Ball- Titleist ProV1x default_titelist-small.jpg.d620943db19c6c6f477d78c3e6dcfb1b.jpg  

Good morning, everyone! I am excited to get to know everybody on these forums. Here's a little about me:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing golf pretty much since I could stand. I've always had a club in my hand, and other than about a 2 year "soft-retirement", I have been playing golf regularly most of my life. I hover between a 5-7 handicap, and am always gunning to shoot 77-82, of course lower is always fine!

2. What do you love about golf? I love that every round is a totally different experience. Different parts of the game click, other parts don't, but there's always that challenge to overcome and a chase for the perfect shot. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I actually do not know any other Spies! I would always find myself here reading up on articles, so I figured it would be a good idea to go ahead and join.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Michigan, and my home course is Boulder Pointe in Oxford.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Michigan golf is fantastic, especially northern Michigan. The scenery is fantastic, the playing conditions are pristine, however it only lasts for so long! The winter season is long and rough, so I will find myself trying to get some indoor golf in or perhaps a trip or two to warmer weather to tide me over until the spring.

6. What do you do for a living? I'm an Engagement Manager for a software company. I manage our professional services engagements with customers all over the country and world, so I am frequently in the skies travelling to our customers.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's pretty straight-forward and to the point...it's my name!

12 minutes ago, jake_acton25 said:

Good morning, everyone! I am excited to get to know everybody on these forums. Here's a little about me:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing golf pretty much since I could stand. I've always had a club in my hand, and other than about a 2 year "soft-retirement", I have been playing golf regularly most of my life. I hover between a 5-7 handicap, and am always gunning to shoot 77-82, of course lower is always fine!

2. What do you love about golf? I love that every round is a totally different experience. Different parts of the game click, other parts don't, but there's always that challenge to overcome and a chase for the perfect shot. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I actually do not know any other Spies! I would always find myself here reading up on articles, so I figured it would be a good idea to go ahead and join.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Michigan, and my home course is Boulder Pointe in Oxford.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Michigan golf is fantastic, especially northern Michigan. The scenery is fantastic, the playing conditions are pristine, however it only lasts for so long! The winter season is long and rough, so I will find myself trying to get some indoor golf in or perhaps a trip or two to warmer weather to tide me over until the spring.

6. What do you do for a living? I'm an Engagement Manager for a software company. I manage our professional services engagements with customers all over the country and world, so I am frequently in the skies travelling to our customers.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's pretty straight-forward and to the point...it's my name!

19 hours ago, Jtom2012 said:

How long have you been playing golf? 
Since I was a boy. Over 20 years

What’s your handicap or normal score?
Is this before or after getting married and having kids? 🙂
I'm happy with a 77. Give or take a few. 

The fact that anyone no matter the age or skill level can go out and have fun.
Take it one shot at a time. in gold and in life. 

I've been reading the forums for advice and reviews

I'm from Grosse Pointe, MI. Its a suburb outside of Detroit.

You cant beat golf in northern Michigan. The worst is the lack of
good weather to play. 

Comouter Engineer

It's the only thing could think of!
2012 is the year i was married and had my oldest son. 

Welcome, and Go Blue!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been probably playing golf for 20ish years. My dad handed a club to me at a very young age and when I was around 7-8 years old my summer baby sister was a Golf Course for the next 3-4 years. Parents would drop me off before work, pick me up after work. Loved every minute of it. Right now my current handicap is 5.

2. What do you love about golf? Its has to be watching the ball fly off the tee, and dance on the greens. There is obviously the social side of it, and that leads to the competitive side. Rather it be club championship, regional qualifiers or just playing side games with my buddies. I would have to say my favorite part about golf is the golf course in general. The layouts, pin positions, clubs houses etc. There is something about it.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I love golf, and I did not know of any other Spies

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I currently have lived Waukesha Wi for the passed 6 years. I grew up in the Escanaba, MI (Yooper). My home course in Escanaba was Gladstone CC, and my home course in Waukesha is Oakwoods Golf Course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing about golf is the endless amount of nice courses all over the state. And the worst part about golf is WINTER.

6. What do you do for a living? I am a Manufacturing Engineer at a small company outside Milwaukee. I help design tooling, fixturing and process flow for the products we assemble.

7. How’d you pick your user name? When I laugh, my eyes tend to disappear in the crevasses of my eyes. So when I was playing on the HS Hockey Team the guys started to call me Squints. Its 18 years later and it still sticks. 

Welcome from northwest Ohio - that's home for the Buckeyes for you Michigan folks.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 2/11/2019 at 4:27 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Midwest Region

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia

What’s up guys, name is Andy, from Northwest Side Of Chicago, IL

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Just about to complete my fourth season playing golf. Currently a 14.1

2. What do you love about golf? Your always competing against yourself  never ending competition.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? The truth on equipment instead of reading a review written by someone who gets paid by that company.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Chicago, IL, no home course, play every where. Guess my favorite course to play is Highlands Of Elgin 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?Winter blows

6. What do you do for a living? Law Enforcement 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Uncreative, using my name

Driver - :ping-small: G400 Max 9* Project X HZRDUS Green 6.0 60g

3 Wood - :callaway-small: Epic Flash Subzero 15* Project X HZRDUS T1100 6.0 65g

5 Wood - :ping-small: G 19* GD Tour ADDI 8X Black

Irons - :taylormade-small: 2017 P790s 4-AW Project X 6.0

Wedges - :nike-small:Engage 55* T.I. Grind, 60* Engage Dual Sole. DG Spinner Shafts

Putter - :cameron-small: Buttonback Newport 2 w/Stability Shaft 34”

Ball - :titelist-small: AVX and Still have Some original K-Sigs

Bag -:nike-small:Air Hybrid 14 Way Standbag. best bag ever! 

Laser- Bushnell V4

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 12:43 PM, Matthewgvpa said:

Proudly from the great state of Michigan.  I grew up in Birch Run (between Flint and Saginaw) and currently live in Midland.  My league play is at Currie Municipal in Midland, but I try to play all over the state when I can.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 12:43 PM, Matthewgvpa said:

Welcome Matthew. I'm not all that far north of Midland, and I too graduated from GVSU, much earlier than you I'm sure. Anyhow ,welcome to MGS, this is a awesome place for golf!!!!

Chris

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX

How long have you been playing golf? Started way later in life then I wish I would have. Was 25 when I started playing

What’s your handicap or normal score? Average about 90-92

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Love talking golf and meeting others

Do you already know any other Spies? Know a few from a different site not to be mentioned

What is your home course? Don’t really have a home course but mostly play Brighton Dale Links at my cottage

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Weather is worst. Cold in winter and rain all summer

What do you do for a living? School custodian and just took a PT job at the new TopGolf opening in a few weeks

How’d you pick your user name? Had it since the start of the internet days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

My Uncle introduced me to golf in the early 80s as a kid.  I was never any good and only played 2-3 times per year.  In the past few years I started playing in more charity scrambles and have had a lot of fun.  Last year I started getting more serious and this past summer I played about 50 rounds and another dozen charity outings.  I don't have an official handicap, but my swingxswing app says I'm an 18.5.  

It's a break from work and something to focus energy on.  I love being on the course and the challenge is addictive.  I got my wife a set and some lessons and now she'll sometimes wake up on a Saturday morning and say, "hey, you want to go golfing?"  Yes, I do...

Don't know of other spies, but I'll asking.  I like the independent reviews and test data.

Sidney, Michigan.  No real home course.  There are 3 within 15 minutes, so I rotate.

Weather.  It's November 2nd right now and it's cold, wet, and blustery.  April can't get here fast enough.

Law enforcement

The shank part because it's a golf term,  I actually rarely shank it.  The dog part came from me being a K9 handler.

• :ping-small: G425 Max driver
  • :ping-small: G425 SFT 3 wood
  • :ping-small: G425 3 and 5 hybrid
  • :callaway-small:  B21 irons 6-PW
  • :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 48 and CBX2 52/58 Wedges
  • :odyssey-small: 2 ball Ten Tour lined
  • :bridgestone-small:Tour BX ball
  • :Arccos: Arccos Caddie with Apple Watch
  • :footjoy-small: Hyperflex shoes
  • :BagBoy: Chiller Hybrid Stand Bag

7 minutes ago, Shankdog said:

My Uncle introduced me to golf in the early 80s as a kid.  I was never any good and only played 2-3 times per year.  In the past few years I started playing in more charity scrambles and have had a lot of fun.  Last year I started getting more serious and this past summer I played about 50 rounds and another dozen charity outings.  I don't have an official handicap, but my swingxswing app says I'm an 18.5.  

It's a break from work and something to focus energy on.  I love being on the course and the challenge is addictive.  I got my wife a set and some lessons and now she'll sometimes wake up on a Saturday morning and say, "hey, you want to go golfing?"  Yes, I do...

Don't know of other spies, but I'll asking.  I like the independent reviews and test data.

Sidney, Michigan.  No real home course.  There are 3 within 15 minutes, so I rotate.

Weather.  It's November 2nd right now and it's cold, wet, and blustery.  April can't get here fast enough.

Law enforcement

The shank part because it's a golf term,  I actually rarely shank it.  The dog part came from me being a K9 handler.

Welcome, glad to have another Michigander!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

Law enforcement

Warm greetings from a 'next door' neighbor in northwest Ohio.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

• 4 weeks later...

1.       How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Been playing golf since I was young but really started taking it seriously after high school when I was done with baseball and could focus more time on it.  I still have a lot of work to do on my game but I normally shoot under 90.

2.       What do you love about golf?

I’m very competitive whether it is with other people or myself.  I love the game and love seeing and playing new courses.

3.       What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

This will be my longest answer.  I’ve lurked here a while but finally decided to sign up and contribute in conversation as I spend time on sites like these for the sports teams I follow.  I’ve always liked new golf courses and grab a logo ball at every one I play.  Started collecting them as kind of a half assed hobby.  On top of that, I play in a Ryder Cup style tourney with a bunch of high school friends and this last year I was put in charge of just researching new locations to play.  I got obsessed.  Spent countless hours looking at potential destinations, courses, pricing, things to do in the area, etc.  Loved it so much I reached out to semi local golf trip planners to see if they needed help or had any job openings.  I’m going to start doing a yearly trip now to hit a bunch of these spots throughout the upper Midwest and even further away if my wife ever leaves me or I can find more money somewhere.

4.       Where are you from? What is your home course?

Originally from Minnesota and currently live in Fargo.  The courses here aren’t very good so won’t attach myself to any of them.  I had a membership at Geneva Golf Club in Alexandria, MN growing up and still have a lot of friends there.  One is the head pro there, so I’d say that has to be the home course.

5.       What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Like most in this Midwest section, the weather is the worst.  5 months to play isn’t enough.  Also, Faro is in the Red River Valley which is one of the flattest areas in the Western Hemisphere.  Golf courses are super flat and boring.  It also means that its windy all the time making golfing a little more annoying.

6.       What do you do for a living?

Do consulting work (managing 3rd party partners) for Microsoft.

7.       How’d you pick your user name?

Remember the song “I’ll take you to the Candyshop” by 50 cent?  When I was in college I used to ask girls if they wanted me to bring them to the Vandyshop (Vandy is my nickname)…yeah, it never worked.

Edited by Vandyshop

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, looking forward to joining the group and interacting with you all. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing golf for about 20 years, with some time off in between. Started getting serious again last summer.  My handicap is 7

2. What do you love about golf? I love being outside and getting fresh air. My daughters are 8 and 10, so not it is a nice family day out on Sunday afternoons for all four of us. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I have watched their website and used their reviews to make purchasing decisions over the past year. I do not know any other spies. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I live in Green Bay , WI and usually play at either Royal St Patricks or Thornberry creek in the area. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - We have a nice variety of golf course style (park vs links), price ranges, and extremely high quality courses (Whistling Straights, Erin Hills)

6. What do you do for a living? I sell industrial food colors

7. How’d you pick your user name? It is 6 degrees outside so it seemed appropriate. 

Edited by Cold Wisconsin Golfer

• 4 weeks later...

1.       How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Started playing golf in 1998 while on a contract job in England.  Current handicap is 5.6.

2.       What do you love about golf?

I love that you can play at almost any age or skill level.  A group can have 4 players of all different skill levels and they can still compete against one another on a level playing field (sandbaggers excluded of course!)  🙂

3.       What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Started following on instagram recently and thought this would be a good way to meet up with like minded players when I travel for work.  Nothing worse than showing up at a course as a single and getting paired with slow players that know nothing about the game.

4.       Where are you from? What is your home course?

I live in the metro Detroit area.  I don't have a home course. I enjoy playing different courses and most of my golfing buddies live in different areas, so we play all over.  Arcadia Bluffs is my favorite Michigan course though.

5.       What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best things about golf in Michigan is the bent grass and general course conditions.  We have so many good courses around us that are all in great condition.  No shortage of fun courses to play.  The worst thing is having to stop playing when it snows.  I will play in 30 degree weather with a cart heater and cover, but snow makes it kind of tough.

6.       What do you do for a living?

I am a design and consulting engineer working in the metal 3d printing industry.

7.       How’d you pick your user name?

My family is from the Czech Republic (CZ) and my name is Rob.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Ventus 6x Patriot Edition

:callaway-small:X-Hot 4 wood - HZRDUS smoke 70x

:callaway-small:Apex 21 combo set (Apex 4-7, Pro 8,9, MB P,A) Modus Tour 120x

:callaway-small:MD5 wedges (54, 60) Modus Tour 120X

EV3D Custom Ares mallet center shaft putter

:callaway-small:Chrome Soft Truvis yellow/black

45 minutes ago, CZ-Rob said:

My family is from the Czech Republic (CZ) and my name is Rob.

Welcome to the forum!  My first thought was "this member also like wing shooting"... my CZ Canvasback 12-26 is my favorite shotgun.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)