TESTERS WANTED! ×

Midwest: MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, WV

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

4 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Welcome to the forum!  My first thought was "this member also like wing shooting"... my CZ Canvasback 12-26 is my favorite shotgun.

Not much of a shotgun shooter yet.  I would like to try clays and skeet.  I mostly hit the local range for some rifle and pistol.  Love my CZ P-07 9mm.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Ventus 6x Patriot Edition

:callaway-small:X-Hot 4 wood - HZRDUS smoke 70x

:callaway-small:Apex 21 combo set (Apex 4-7, Pro 8,9, MB P,A) Modus Tour 120x

:callaway-small:MD5 wedges (54, 60) Modus Tour 120X

EV3D Custom Ares mallet center shaft putter

:callaway-small:Chrome Soft Truvis yellow/black

9 minutes ago, CZ-Rob said:

Not much of a shotgun shooter yet.  I would like to try clays and skeet.  I mostly hit the local range for some rifle and pistol.  Love my CZ P-07 9mm.

CZ makes some great value for the $$ firearms.  The quality of the burl wood stocks, up until around 2000, was amazing.  I also have the P-01 which was the NATO issued pistol for many years.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Howdy y'all!  Registered for the forums quite a few years ago, have posted a few times, but not sure I ever actually threw out an introduction.  I guess I will do so now....

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    First full season playing golf was 1999.  I'm currently around a 7 hdcp.

2. What do you love about golf?
    I seem to be drawn to games and activities.  Baseball, softball, basketball, football, futbol, bowling, etc, ad nauseum.  Have enjoyed all of these, #2 son got me started playing golf,  I was bitten by the bug, and here I am.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    Been on many/most of the golf forums over the last couple decades.  Lurked on the GolfOnline Equipment Forum, was on GEA, briefly on GO, FreeGolfInfo, spend time at WRX, and so on.  I've met a fair number of fellow golf nerds thru both GEA and WRX, unsure exactly how many folks here I may be acquainted with.  🙂

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
    Born and bred in Twin Cities MN.  Play most of my golf at Pheasant Acres in the NW Metro area.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    We have a fair number of options to choose from around here.  And, we have that rather ugly enforced layoff every year; MN winters kind of suck.

6. What do you do for a living?
    I'm a bean counter, specifically in grant financial reporting 

7. How’d you pick your user name?
    Friend of mine and I were giving each other crap, she compared me to that long eared animal that beats a drum in certain battery commercials.  I decided to make it my own by applying a bit of a "hooked on phonics on acid" filter.  N.R.Jyzr  <shrug>.  It's kind of stuck around.  Like a fungus?

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

• 4 weeks later...

1. How long have you been playing golf? Since 1977, when I was 17. What’s your handicap or normal score? Averaged 41 this years in a 9 hole league, 75 is good, 85 is bad.

2. What do you love about golf?  Out-driving my brother.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?  Saw it on Youtube. Do you already know any other Spies? No

4. Where are you from? Rochester, MI What is your home course?  Don't really have one, but I play at Copper Hills, Stoney Creek, Blackheath,  Pine Valley,  Glacier, Orchards, Greystone

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Great, plush fairways but slow greens.    Then there is the weather, which is bad from Dec-March.

6. What do you do for a living? PLC Programmer, who is at the end.

7. How’d you pick your user name?   Slow is how I walk up stairs, low for my stomach.  Has nothing to do with my takeaway with the driver.

This is Carl's Golfland, a few years back, this is how some of us practice golf in December.

20151121_092635_002_01.jpg

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Only been playing religiously in our short seasons for about 5 years now. usually shoot around 96, sometimes I can light up and break into the high 80's! lol

2. What do you love about golf?  Honestly I love the challenge and the camaraderie with my buds on the course.  I love going out to new places and enjoying the nature and the crafted architecture a good course.  Especially when we get to go to a great course, "Wouldn't it be great to do this everyday?" gets mentioned at least once a round!  I also thoroughly enjoy some after round beers with the crew!

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  First off I don't know any other spies.  I stumbled across MyGolfSpy just recently after I was reading a forum discussion on GolfWRX,  (was researching PXG clubs, before I went in for a fitting), which lead me to a 'No Putts Given' Podcast that eventually lead me to the site.  I love the reviews and the dives into tech and finditcutit.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  From the Burbs of Chicago, now I live in Sterling IL, about 2 hours west of the city.  Home courses would be Emerald Hill and Rock River Country Club

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  The best thing about this area is that we are not far from some great courses like, TPC Deer Run,  Eagle Ridge,  Fyre Lake and there are some hidden gems within an hour drive.  The other great thing about my region is the cost of golf is incredibly low compared to where I grew up.  Almost all the courses around here are $20-45 with a cart.  Worst part is the season is short, winter frosts roll in quick.  Some friends and I are gonna combat this by going on a few golf trips this winter.

6. What do you do for a living? Firefighter

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Combo of my nickname and my tendency for the inevitable 3 putt

Driver: PXG 0811XF Gen1  9degree

Wood: PXG 0341 Gen1 15degree

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 19degree

Irons: PXG 0211  5-GW 2UP

Wedge: Vokey SM7 60degree

Putter: PXG Gunboat

Hey all, long time lurker here. I've somehow managed to get away without registering and posting anything. Until now. I've been playing golf for roughly 18 years. After dabbling in the mid-90s for the first 12ish years I finally invested time (and money) in equipment and lessons--so last year I was able to get down into the 81-83 range pretty consistently by the end of last summer. Hopefully I'm able to break the elusive 80 barrier this summer. I'm a life-long Ohio resident (have bounced back and forth between Cleveland and Columbus a few times). I'll say that Ohio generally has a lot of good golf courses and people who love the game but the weather obviously makes the season inconsistent. I'm lucky that I'm able to get on a couple of the better courses around here--I play the Scarlet Course a few times a year, but mostly bounce around whatever course has an open tee time. I work from home for a software company, which has been pretty good for my game. It makes it easy to get to the range randomly in the middle of the day when I need a break from work. As for my screenname, I picked it because it's ridiculous. My name is Travis, and I thought it sounded really stupid. 

Edited by Cooltrav

Columbus, Ohio - Go Bucks (and Browns, Tribe & Cavs)

WITB (RH, all are 1" short):

D - 10.5° TaylorMade SIM Max - Stiff Flex UST V2 shaft & Ventus Red 5 / 3W - Ping i20 - Stiff TFC 707 (stock) / 3H - Taylor Made M3 - 6.0 Flex Even Flow blue / 4-PW - Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5.5 Flex Project X LZ - 2° Strong / W - 52°, 56°, 60° Cleveland TA900 / P - Scotty Cameron GoLo 5

Hi all. Been watching mgs on YouTube for a while along with the podcast but new to the site. From St. Louis area and always up for a round. Usually about mid-high 80s. Year and a half into my newly disconcerted golf obsession

Edited by Jnic17
Add

I first picked up a club when I was 3 years old, a cut down Adams 5 Iron.  I am now a 1.5 handicap.

I like the ability to meet so many new people.  I work at a Golf Course so I love to talk to members and go play with different people every now and then.

I am here because I love to learn more about golf.  I am a huge nerd when it comes to club heads and especially shafts.

I am from Minnesota, my home course is Interlaken Golf Club

I love the Spring and Fall season or golf, but obviously it stinks that we usually can't play outside from November-March (Thats why I choose to go to college in Oklahoma)

I am a full-time student right now, playing college golf.

I use this username for quiet a few places.

Greenwalker
Been Playing for 30 years
What I love about golf is the ability to challenge myself daily with this “stupid” game and to meet a lot of great people on the course and through my travels
I have followed GolfSpy for a long time and find a lot of the info to be very helpful on equipment. Thought it would be great to reach out to others with like interests. I know no others on the forum.
I live between Akron and Cleveland, Ohio.
Play most rounds at Westfield CC.
Best and worst items of living here are the fact that our courses are awesome in the spring, fall and summer. Worst is that we are closed for winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, greenwalker said:

First of all, welcome! Next, if you don't mind me asking, what's an estimate of the dues for Westfield? I may be looking for a new club at the end of the year.

Thanks.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

18 hours ago, greenwalker said:

Greenwalker
What I love about golf is the ability to challenge myself daily with this “stupid” game and to meet a lot of great people on the course and through my travels
I have followed GolfSpy for a long time and find a lot of the info to be very helpful on equipment. Thought it would be great to reach out to others with like interests. I know no others on the forum.
Best and worst items of living here are the fact that our courses are awesome in the spring, fall and summer. Worst is that we are closed for winter.

Welcome!

I played the Westfield South Course about 20 years ago and really enjoyed it.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Hi...I've been playing GOLF for about 37 years (51 yrs. old). We have a guy who tracks our handicap for all leauges but it's done only at our course, and I'm a 2.4 from whites and about a 5 from the blue tees. ON any given day, I can usually shoot 75...make a few putts and up and downs and can shoot 73...roll in a few bombs...make my 4 footers...get up and  down and can break 70. I've only broken 70 4 times (68/69/69/69) all in the past 5 years. 

2. What do you love about golf? Not sure how to answer this...what DON'T I love about golf? The purity of the player vs the course, nature, and his or herself...it's a battle. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Haven't been on the boards in years...but MyGolfSpy just do it right...been watching Crossfield for years for club reviews (honest ones that is) and realized that MyGolfSpy does the same...there is so much disinformation out there and I feel like these guys are all about bringing truth to all that...Ironically have been watching all your YouTube vids for years, and your BALL TEST FROM LAST YEAR WAS THE BEST THING IVE READ IN GOLF IN YEARS.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From Northeast Ohio, and I play out of Riverview Golf Course in Newton Falls, Ohio. It's a golf community, as I am in 4 leagues all with different formats...there's always a "game", and we have a club championship each year. Blue tees is the open division, white tees is a handicap division, there's a women's championship, a senior and a super senior championship. The best people run the place and it feels like a family out there. Lots of great players and characters. Course in 6690 Blues, 6140 Whites...plays at 116/71.6 -- Not the toughest but a pretty good test. Membership rates are really reasonable.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is how many golf courses there are within an hour from top of the line to the  local munis...the WORST IS FINDING STRETCHES OF GOOD WEATHER IN WHICH TO PLAY...WINTERS SUCK...SPRING CAN BE SOGGY...Summers go by quickly. We play in just about anything however unless there is ice or standing water on greens. Daylight and above 40 degrees and you can always find someone to play with. 

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a public school teacher...i teach English to juniors in high school...best job in the world for a golfer...I play an average of 5 times almost every week in summer. I played 70 rounds last year...that's completed 9/18 hole rounds...with membership, i'll stop out at any time and practice or play 4/5 holes after work or after a round, so it's a year's worth of golf.

7. How’d you pick your user name? That's easy...I am only 5' 6" and most of my life has been playing a sweeping draw with a driver because of the average 60 ish degree driver lie angle (toe off the ground for me); however, after switching to Ping Golf about 7 years ago...this year's G410 with the flat lie angle has LITERALLY changed the game for me...mostly a straight ball player but now can use skill to manipulate for fades and draws if the shot requires. LOVE PING GOLF...they just do it right.

:ping-small: G410 Plus-9 degree/flat setting/Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:ping-small: G410 LST 3 wood/flat setting/Ping Tour 75

:ping-small: G 5 wood/ Ping Tour 75

:ping-small: G410 Red Dot (6-PW) Dynamic Gold 120

:titelist-small: 915H 4/5 Hybrids / Aldila RIP 85 

:ping-small: Stealth 2.0 Wedges - 50/54/58 

:odyssey-small: EXO 7 Center Shaft - Stroke Lab shaft

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X or RX

Great, another NEO guy! We're getting quite a team around here. Welcome to MGS!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

thanks👍

hey...how do I get to the "In My Bag" to be posted on my replies

14 minutes ago, g410flatsettingislife68 said:

hey...how do I get to the "In My Bag" to be posted on my replies

nevermind...found it

Greenwalker

A warm welcome from another Buckeye. I'm on the other side of the state just outside of Pt. Clinton.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 2/11/2019 at 5:27 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

been playing twenty years  handicap 19

i love every aspect of golf  

I’ve been reading MGS for a year and wanted to read more of the forums more recently.

i live and play golf in northeast Ohio. The best part is the number of courses available to play but the weather is a huge drawback. 

I own my own small business. 

Woodtee83 is random but golf related username. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    I’ve been playing about 11/12 years. First started playing while in college and never stopped. I usually shoot low 90s or high 80s, with the occasional low 80 score where I go 4 over par through the first 11 holes and then the wheels just completely fall off for the last 7, like I did last week in Florida. Never broke 80 yet but this is my year.

2. What do you love about golf? 
    I love being able to get out and play with family and friends. Just shooting the s*** and enjoying each other’s company. I also love the competitiveness, but I enjoy competing against myself more.

I love MGS, I’ve been a reader/follower of the site for years. I like the fact theirs actual research that goes into the reviews, the honesty of it all, and that they have the best interest for the reader/player in mind. I don’t know any other spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
Chicago northsider born and raised. I don’t have a home course but if me and my playing partners are looking to stay close to home or walk well play Glenview, winnetka, or mt prospect etc. If we want to play a nicer course we’ll go to Highlands of Elgin, Bowes creek, or thunder hawk etc.

I don’t know what the best thing about Chicago golf is to be honest. I guess i could say we have a lot of courses in the Chicagoland area and we are Centrally located for golf trips to Wisconsin or Michigan. Worst thing is courses are usually packed in the playable months. 

6. What do you do for a living? I’m a small business owner. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Ish is a nickname I’ve had since I was a kid and it stuck. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 24 years. 7.6 handicap.

2. What do you love about golf? The never-ending challenge, the pursuit of "getting better". The social aspect. The outdoors.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? The unbiased truth and reviews. Gotta love the main drive behind this site, it's perfect for golf addicts. I don't like the potential it has to influence my wallet though, lol!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Southeast Michigan. Course I grew up playing is Pontiac Country Club. Live in Sterling Heights now.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: The sheer number of options of places to play. Worst: The short season.

6. What do you do for a living? Building Manager.

7. How’d you pick your user name? My name.

On 2/23/2020 at 1:54 PM, g410flatsettingislife68 said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Hi...I've been playing GOLF for about 37 years (51 yrs. old). We have a guy who tracks our handicap for all leauges but it's done only at our course, and I'm a 2.4 from whites and about a 5 from the blue tees. ON any given day, I can usually shoot 75...make a few putts and up and downs and can shoot 73...roll in a few bombs...make my 4 footers...get up and  down and can break 70. I've only broken 70 4 times (68/69/69/69) all in the past 5 years. 

2. What do you love about golf? Not sure how to answer this...what DON'T I love about golf? The purity of the player vs the course, nature, and his or herself...it's a battle. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Haven't been on the boards in years...but MyGolfSpy just do it right...been watching Crossfield for years for club reviews (honest ones that is) and realized that MyGolfSpy does the same...there is so much disinformation out there and I feel like these guys are all about bringing truth to all that...Ironically have been watching all your YouTube vids for years, and your BALL TEST FROM LAST YEAR WAS THE BEST THING IVE READ IN GOLF IN YEARS.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From Northeast Ohio, and I play out of Riverview Golf Course in Newton Falls, Ohio. It's a golf community, as I am in 4 leagues all with different formats...there's always a "game", and we have a club championship each year. Blue tees is the open division, white tees is a handicap division, there's a women's championship, a senior and a super senior championship. The best people run the place and it feels like a family out there. Lots of great players and characters. Course in 6690 Blues, 6140 Whites...plays at 116/71.6 -- Not the toughest but a pretty good test. Membership rates are really reasonable.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is how many golf courses there are within an hour from top of the line to the  local munis...the WORST IS FINDING STRETCHES OF GOOD WEATHER IN WHICH TO PLAY...WINTERS SUCK...SPRING CAN BE SOGGY...Summers go by quickly. We play in just about anything however unless there is ice or standing water on greens. Daylight and above 40 degrees and you can always find someone to play with. 

6. What do you do for a living? I'm a public school teacher...i teach English to juniors in high school...best job in the world for a golfer...I play an average of 5 times almost every week in summer. I played 70 rounds last year...that's completed 9/18 hole rounds...with membership, i'll stop out at any time and practice or play 4/5 holes after work or after a round, so it's a year's worth of golf.

7. How’d you pick your user name? That's easy...I am only 5' 6" and most of my life has been playing a sweeping draw with a driver because of the average 60 ish degree driver lie angle (toe off the ground for me); however, after switching to Ping Golf about 7 years ago...this year's G410 with the flat lie angle has LITERALLY changed the game for me...mostly a straight ball player but now can use skill to manipulate for fades and draws if the shot requires. LOVE PING GOLF...they just do it right.

Warm welcome from Northwest Ohio - the islands of Lake Erie! 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing for almost 50 years. I started in the persimmon and butter knife era. My current handicap is 11.6

2. What do you love about golf? I love the history of the game going back into the 19th century. I enjoy the challenge of pitting myself against the elements and against my own past successes/failures. Most of all, I love the calm and peace that goes along with a late evening round. I've tried to let go of the results and just enjoy the experience.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've subscribed to the email updates for quite a while and finally decided to sign up for the forum. I'm not sure if I know anyone or not yet.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Joliet, IL and play out of Morris CC. 99% of my golf these days is late afternoon/evening solo 9 holes. I'm trying to walk more this year and hope some new orthotics do the trick. Golf should really be done via walking, but my feet have been too bad to do so the last few years.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is that you really look forward to playing after a long winter. The worst is the winter and wet srpings.

6. What do you do for a living? I'm in sales and cover the Midwest via car. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Probably a Seinfeld reference, that and my wife calls our chocolate lab Mr. Pennypacker.

•  

Driver: Epic Flash 12*

Hybrids: XXIO 18*,  XXIO 21*, XXIO 23*, Cobra 26*, Exotics 28*

Irons: Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo, 7-D (on order), SW: Cleveland Smart Sole

Putter: Seemore MTri-Mallet 34"

50yr old, male, Columbus Ohio

Started playing in my early teens. I took a 15 year hiatus to raise my two daughters. My handicap is somewhere around 13. I normally score in the mid to low 80’s.

I enjoy the challenge of competing against myself and the course.

I’m constantly looking for ways to improve my game and MyGolfSpy seems to have the most down to earth and unbiased opinions. No, I have no contacts within this community.

I live in Hilliard Ohio. My current favorite course is Bent Tree Golf Club.

The deep pool of choices when it comes to the variety of courses to play no matter your handicap or design preference. The only flaw with this area is the shortened season due to weather.

I am a Certified Crane Operator

Well, it’s my name  

Be the ball. 

1.     How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing for about 28 years now.  The early years were once here and once there.  I’m currently a 10.7 and would like to have it to single digits for 2020.

2.     What do you love about golf?

I’ve always like to compete.  Golf is another sport that I can try to excel at.  I also love to spend time with my wife doing something we both enjoy to do.

3.     What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Not sure.  I’ve read here and there, but never joined.  I do not know any other Spies.

4.     Where are you from? What is your home course?

I’m in Canton, MI.  My “home” course is Pheasant Run as I live on it.  But most of my golf is played at Northville Hills.

5.     What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Beautiful and an abundance of courses.  Very short golf season. 

6.     What do you do for a living?

I work in sales and supply companies that manufacture.

7.     How’d you pick your user name?

First name and initial of last name

Edited by Andrew K

1 hour ago, Andrew K said:

1.     How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing for about 28 years now.  The early years were once here and once there.  I’m currently a 10.7 and would like to have it to single digits for 2020.

2.     What do you love about golf?

I’ve always like to compete.  Golf is another sport that I can try to excel at.  I also love to spend time with my wife doing something we both enjoy to do.

3.     What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Not sure.  I’ve read here and there, but never joined.  I do not know any other Spies.

4.     Where are you from? What is your home course?

I’m in Canton, MI.  My “home” course is Pheasant Run as I live on it.  But most of my golf is played at Northville Hills.

5.     What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Beautiful and an abundance of courses.  Very short golf season. 

6.     What do you do for a living?

I work in sales and supply companies that manufacture.

7.     How’d you pick your user name?

First name and initial of last name

Welcome from the Buckeye state! 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

MGS New Member Introduction: Midwest Region

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing golf for 45 years.  My handicap varies from around 3.5 to 6.0

2. What do you love about golf?  Challenge and fellowship and maybe some gambling?  :)

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Interested in club fitting issues, etc.  No don't know anyone

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Live just outside of Indianapolis; grew up in Lafayette, IN home of Purdue University; play at two courses - Hillview in Frankin, IN and Otter Creek in Columbus, IN

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best -  lots of good courses and it's not terribly $$$$.  Worst - can't play all year round.  

6. What do you do for a living?  I have been a health care executive since 1981

7. How’d you pick your user name? Use it for a lot of other accounts.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing golf for around 10 years.

I love being in and enjoying the outdoors. I also love the social aspect when golfing with friends and family.

Just researching some clubs. I don't know any other spies yet.

Originally from Utah. Home course would be Eastbay. Haven't gotten out yet in Wisconsin.

Worst things will probably be the humidity and mosquitoes.

I build automations (software that automates business processes).

"Golf" because of the sport, and "wave" is just something I regularly add to user names.

Edited by golfwave

27 minutes ago, golfwave said:

I've been playing golf for around 10 years.

I love being in and enjoying the outdoors. I also love the social aspect when golfing with friends and family.

Just researching some clubs. I don't know any other spies yet.

Originally from Utah. Home course would be Eastbay. Haven't gotten out yet in Wisconsin.

Worst things will probably be the humidity and mosquitoes.

I build automations (software that automates business processes).

"Golf" because of the sport, and "wave" is just something I regularly add to user names.

Welcome from another Wisconsin golfer.  Now if only the governor would lift our stay at home ban on golf courses...

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Ive been playing most of my life. Grew up playing with my dad. Didnt play as much in college but definitely addicted now.  Right now I'm somewhere around a 9/10 handicap. Scores usually low 80's/high 70's.

It allows me to stay active and competitive.  I love that it gets me outside and is a great way to stay in touch with friends.

I just started my own golf blog and came across MyGolfSpy and thought it would be a great way to stay up on everything going on in golf.

Columbus, OH - I love playing all over the city.  Play a lot of public golf.  I love Westchester, Cooks Creek and Darby Creek

Worst -Weather. I wish I was able to play year round. So I have resorted to playing in less than optimal weather.  Best- The abundance of great public golf we have in the area.

I work for a small sports marketing nickname.

It is the name of my golf blog.  I chose it as my friends always joke with me that I have spent enough time in the trees that my 'signature shot' is a solid punch out. 

52 minutes ago, Punch Out Golf said:

Ive been playing most of my life. Grew up playing with my dad. Didnt play as much in college but definitely addicted now.  Right now I'm somewhere around a 9/10 handicap. Scores usually low 80's/high 70's.

It allows me to stay active and competitive.  I love that it gets me outside and is a great way to stay in touch with friends.

I just started my own golf blog and came across MyGolfSpy and thought it would be a great way to stay up on everything going on in golf.

Columbus, OH - I love playing all over the city.  Play a lot of public golf.  I love Westchester, Cooks Creek and Darby Creek

Worst -Weather. I wish I was able to play year round. So I have resorted to playing in less than optimal weather.  Best- The abundance of great public golf we have in the area.

I work for a small sports marketing nickname.

It is the name of my golf blog.  I chose it as my friends always joke with me that I have spent enough time in the trees that my 'signature shot' is a solid punch out. 

Welcome from Akron!

@Mr_Theoo lives in Columbus. @MattF and I try to get together with him at least once a year, so keep an eye out in the "Arrange a Game with Fellow Spies" area.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges